Poll: What was the Obamateurism of the week?
posted at 8:30 am on April 23, 2011 by Ed Morrissey
Since tomorrow is Easter and I’ll be taking the day off from blogging, we’ll make some additional savings in time and do our OOTW poll today! I know I surprised you with this cut in the schedule, but I don’t consider it a mistake to move it up a day. You’ll just have to cough up your vote now, but that’s not so hard — after all, it’s hardly like the OOTDs this week were a blank page, or something.
Previous 2011 “winners”:
- Accuses GOP of trying to hurt seniors after lecturing them not to demagogue on entitlement reform
- “If you’re complaining about the price of gas and you’re only getting 8 miles a gallon, you know, you might want to think about a trade-in.”
- Obama accepts his transparency award in secret, no-press meeting
- “War” first changed to “kinetic military action,” then “time-limited, scope-limited military action”
- Obama telling people it would be easier to be President of China because “No one is scrutinizing Hu Jintao’s words in Tahrir Square.”
- Obama tells group that there is a “subterranean” racially-based agenda in opposition to his presidency
- Ferry for Americans in Libya comes three days late — and with a bill for passengers
- WH says Obama not addressing Libya because of “scheduling issue“
- After saying he hadn’t followed the Wisconsin issue, says Walker’s plan “seems like more of an assault on unions.”
- Businesses have “obligation” to create jobs and “pay decent wages”
- After losing verdict on first ever federal mandate to purchase private-sector product, accuses judge of “overreach”
- Obama bogarts Newt Gingrich’s book title for his “Winning the Future” SOTU speech
- 2009 Nobel Peace Prize winner holds state dinner for man who has 2010 winner under house arrest
- After telling Boehner and McConnell that “there will be plenty of time to campaign for 2012 in 2012,”announces March start to re-election bid
- “I really want to figure out a way where I can spend more time outside of Washington listening and learning and engaging the American people.”
Got an Obamateurism of the Day? If you see a foul-up by Barack Obama, e-mail it to me email@example.com with the quote and the link to the Obamateurism. I’ll post the best Obamateurisms on a daily basis, depending on how many I receive. Include a link to your blog, and I’ll give some link love as well. And unlike Slate, I promise to end the feature when Barack Obama leaves office.
Illustrations by Chris Muir of Day by Day. Be sure to read the adventures of Sam, Zed, Damon, and Jan every day!
Breaking on Hot Air