Wonkette mocks Palin’s son

posted at 8:58 pm on April 20, 2011 by Allahpundit

It’s the talk of the blogosphere so I’m obliged to mention it, but it pains me to do so for the reason Ace gives here. It’s trollblogging at its worst; there’s no way to attack it without inadvertently rewarding it by paying attention to it. So here’s all you need to know. One: The site’s advertisers have already started bailing out under pressure from outraged customers. And two: From what I’ve gathered, even most mainstream liberals are repulsed by it, from KP to Alan Colmes to Tommy Christopher to Dave Weigel. Read Weigel and Christopher, especially, for updates on fallout from the incident. And don’t feed the trolls!

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5

I find it interesting that you view Palin as a zealot. Her record as Governor does not show that, by my read.

I think that Palin would listen to reasonable arguments. Squishes would look at polls. Palin would look at people.

Also, I can imagine the issues in a future election if a President came out against amnesty as a candidate, and then supported it while in office. That would be sure to depress the base and make it more likely for the Democrats to improve their political position.

At least with Palin, you know what you’re getting.

Scott H on April 21, 2011 at 12:42 AM

Palin wants guest worker status for anyone who registers. O Reilly said “millions”, and she did not flinch….

I think he said that because he set the question up as “Okay, you’ve just been elected President. Now, what will you do about illegals?”

So she had to come up with a plan involving millions, because that’s how many are here. But she was very careful about laying it out. Here’s how I read what she said.

First, we secure the border. Number one. No ifs ands or buts. Then, we deal with the millions who are here because we have to. We have them register. No registration w/in 60 days – you’re deported. Then they have to demonstrate employment. No job – you’re deported. Criminal behavior – deported.

And she specifically said “no amnesty.”

So I think it’s a pretty qualified position, based on the scenario O’Reilly set up for her. I see how you separate the two. I just don’t think, after reading the whole thing, that her position is quite as outrageous as it’s been made out to be. Under her scenario, millions would likely be deported, either for not registering, for not working after registering, or for criminal behavior. And that’s all after the border is secured.

Missy on April 21, 2011 at 12:43 AM

list of compnay’s

unseen on April 21, 2011 at 12:56 AM

follow on twitter here:

unseen on April 21, 2011 at 12:57 AM

At least with Palin, you know what you’re getting.

Scott H on April 21, 2011 at 12:42 AM

Yes, I know what I’m getting: 40 blue states.

The thing is, I don’t want 40 blue states.

No, the law already tells us how to deal with them. They will all register, they will sue for more time if they have to, come on, don’t be naive about this, this is horrible.

90% of them will register in 60 days, or whatever the time limit is, you know this.

We will have 15 million brand new legal residents, waiting to file in federal court for their human rights of self determination….. anyone who does not see this is deliberately closing their eyes…..

Then they have to demonstrate employment. No job – you’re deported.

But as she noted in the interview, she knows Americans need the jobs. Why propose changing the laws, when you know Americans are hurting like this?

When the law already allows you to require them to return home?

And she specifically said “no amnesty.

No, sorry, that does not sweeten the deal. She also said “immigration reform”, which means changing the law to allow them to stay.

Setting aside the law they broke, is amnesty, it’s the definition of amnesty. Citizenship or not.

The law says they go. You set aside the law, allow them to stay, that’s clearly amnesty.

No, I disagree, I say 90% of them would get legal status, easily. Courts would help them as needed.

Besides, all this is not necessary. The laws are there to deal with the problem, to protect Americans lives and property, and to uphold the rule of law, and equal treatment under the law.

No immigration reform, and no to any candidate who proposes it.

rightwingyahooo on April 21, 2011 at 1:01 AM

No immigration reform, and no to any candidate who proposes it.

rightwingyahooo on April 21, 2011 at 1:01 AM

You forgot your /numbersusa tag, sport.

gryphon202 on April 21, 2011 at 1:02 AM

rightwingyahooo on April 21, 2011 at 1:01 AM

how about that nasty bashing of a 3 year old child. Hey don’t worry about that let;s bash his mother some more!.

Tip for you. let go of the hate.

unseen on April 21, 2011 at 1:06 AM

Be a real patriot. Stop cheering for a person, and defending everything he or she does good or bad, and start cheering for a principle.

“A nation of laws, not of men….” remember?

An election based on principles, not a popularity contest….

Clearly state your principles and watch the candidates come to you.

You may have to turn a few around, and shove them back out the door. So be it.

Fight for the solution, and win, don’t accept defeat as a starting point.

rightwingyahooo on April 21, 2011 at 1:07 AM

Man what a day!

The real heroes today were John Nolte who writes for Breitbart and Derek Hunter from the daily Caller.

They got this going and along with 1000s on Twitter went to town.

I haven’t read all the comments yet, but I can tell you early on a lot of folks tweeted Sarah and told her we had her back, and we’d handle it.

Almost immediately Huggies and Papa Johns pizza bailed, and it snowballed from there.

In the end, Nolte creates a new hashtag #TrigsCrew That will be the new meet up place on Twitter anytime we need to tackle a big problem.

I’ve never been prouder than I was today to see just how many people will fight against evil.

Major companies are still dropping wonkette as we speak.

Sarah sent a very nice tweet tonight.

Anyhow, Nolte, Hunter, and Dana Loesch are just awesome human beings. Read John and Dana over at Big Government. They have several great pieces.

I also love the fact everyone was talking about eating Papa Johns, and Dana come up with the idea of buying a up a ton of Huggies, and then donating them to shelters for women with babies.

I like that.

Anyhow, I think we proved that no one messes with Trig, or any other beautiful child and gets away with it.

gary4205 on April 21, 2011 at 1:08 AM

Tip for you. let go of the hate.

unseen on April 21, 2011 at 1:06 AM

Mama needs to stop bashing America with amnesty talk, then we’ll have a deal….

I don’t hate, you freak. I state the truth.

You are the one with the tomahawk in your hand for anyone who pipes up. Or anyone else who ever runs…..

I’ve often wondered if Sarah would ask guys like you and Gary to find another candidate to support, if she knew what you were willing to do for her cause.

You and Gary are like the little gay guy in “No Way Out”…. screaming “You have no idea what men of POWER CAN DO!!”

rightwingyahooo on April 21, 2011 at 1:12 AM

Meet Jack Stuef.

elowe on April 21, 2011 at 12:03 AM

Sweet Mother MaCree, what an ugly little priss. I hope at least his mother loves him, because he ain’t got much else going for him in either looks or humanity.

rightwingyahoo, why is the immigration issue such a make or break thing for you? I understand somewhat from a national security issue–that’s where I come at it from–but it looks like you’re more concerned with the illegals that are already here. What is the motivation behind your obsession with it?

Secondly, Bush 43 was pushing a kind of amnesty until We the People pushed back and said no way jose. What makes you think Palin wouldn’t react the same way if she got that kind of pushback?

theotherone on April 21, 2011 at 1:12 AM

theotherone on April 21, 2011 at 1:12 AM

The NumbersUSA yahoos don’t trust Palin, so RWY doesn’t trust Palin. It’s really that simple. He’s taking his marching orders from an organization with an agenda that is much older than Sarah Palin’s presidential ambitions.

gryphon202 on April 21, 2011 at 1:16 AM

Massive Democrat voting majorities and an electoral college lock on the white house..

Are you seriously asking me that? I mean, what did you think it was? That I don’t like Mexican food or something?

Sheesh…

Bush overreached. He was arrogant. Sarah would argue it’s not really amnesty, and that the border is in fact secure, where Bush was clearly and obviously lying.

I think the country would be weary enough to fall for it.

We will all be exhausted after the next few years, trust me.

We need to enforce existing laws, slowly over time.

rightwingyahooo on April 21, 2011 at 1:18 AM

We need to enforce existing laws, slowly over time.

rightwingyahooo on April 21, 2011 at 1:18 AM

How is that any different than what you accuse Palin of proposing? :-/

gryphon202 on April 21, 2011 at 1:20 AM

rightwingyahooo on April 21, 2011 at 1:18 AM

Bush did argue that it wasn’t amnesty, and that the border would be secured. Could you possibly be any more anal-retentive?

gryphon202 on April 21, 2011 at 1:20 AM

Wrong. I was a contributor at a website last year, where I denounced Palin’s O Reilly interview, while the site Palinistas did exactly what they do here, deny and attack…

This was before anyone at NumberUSA posted the ratings of the candidates….

rightwingyahooo on April 21, 2011 at 1:21 AM

Yahoo, name the potential 2012 candidate(s) that is going to do what you want concerning immigration that you claim that Governor Palin will not.

I want names and links. You keep repeating quotes from some O’Reilly interview. We have heard your opinion on Palin, but lets hear your opinion on the other possible candidates.

For some reason you spam Palin threads with the same bullshit over and over. Please tell me who you think will carry out your demands concerning illegal immigrants.

If you have written off Palin then why keep harping on her and what you believe to be her immigration platform.

Move on.

chief on April 21, 2011 at 1:23 AM

gryphon202 on April 21, 2011 at 1:20 AM

He was not believable, not even close. Sarah would REALLY secure the border, and people would buy off on it,(it would be true, she is honest after all) and then, she would probably get enough sleepers to buy off on her amnesty.

How can I be any clearer?

rightwingyahooo on April 21, 2011 at 1:23 AM

This was before anyone at NumberUSA posted the ratings of the candidates….

rightwingyahooo on April 21, 2011 at 1:21 AM

Like I said, the agenda is a lot older than Palin’s presidential ambitions. And for someone who’s eager to distance himself from NumbersUSA when I mention them, you do tend to cite them with some regularity.

You’ve chosen your hill to die on, and that’s fine. But the more you try to make the rest of us look like fools, the harder we laugh.

gryphon202 on April 21, 2011 at 1:25 AM

How can I be any clearer?

rightwingyahooo on April 21, 2011 at 1:23 AM

Oh I see. We were smart enough to figure out that Bush was lying, but Sarah Palin’s persuasive powers are so great, we’d fall for it hook line and sinker.

You’re right, that’s pretty clear. And you’re still a blithering moron, if for no other reason than you seem to think that any of us can be convinced to join your fool’s errand.

/facepalm

gryphon202 on April 21, 2011 at 1:26 AM

Move on.

chief on April 21, 2011 at 1:23 AM

I told you I was cool with Bachmann, and Pawlenty. They have resisted any form of legalization, especially on a large scale.

Things change, get a life. Maybe all the Rs will support amnesty, or the nominee will.

So America is doomed, what do you want me to do? I’ll keep fighting until the end, and do my best.

Right now, my best is to tell the truth as I see it, and to expose a huge flaw in a candidate with an almost religious political following.

I got the same crap over at Polipundit.com in 2007, when I attacked Huckabee for his RINO traits we all know too well.

I was getting harassing emails from Huckabee rubes. They were calling me names like I was some sort of devil or demon.

freaks.

Now it’s not that bad with the Palinistas, but it’s there, in an alarming way, the total refusal to address an issue with logic, or admit even a slight weakness.

I was a Bushbot, and I have learned my lesson. Some have not.

rightwingyahooo on April 21, 2011 at 1:28 AM

Again you avoid my point. My point is that because Sarah would succeed where Bush failed (border security) she would have a better chance of slapshotting her amnesty into the net. Also because there is no path to citizenship, but of course that would come later and be pushed by other people.

It’s just a tactical retreat while the line is probed for a weak spot, after Bush’s attack was repelled.

It’s not my problem you refuse to admit it.

rightwingyahooo on April 21, 2011 at 1:32 AM

I heard Glenn talking about this this morning. I thought the Left had the market cornered on compassion and tolerance. Not so much, I guess. This is despicable. And YET AGAIN I have to ask what kind of alien must Bristol be to have birthed Trig and then popped out another kid exactly 8 months later. This shyte only happens on soap operas and in the warped little pea brains of liberals.

NoLeftTurn on April 21, 2011 at 1:33 AM

rightwingyahooo on April 21, 2011 at 1:28 AM

You have no idea what you’re talking about.

ramrocks on April 21, 2011 at 1:37 AM

Yahoo

I could give two shits less what you think of Palin or if you ever vote for her.

I just wondered why you spam Palin threads with the same talking points over and over.

Like I said if you don’t agree with what you assume will be her presidential platform on immigration then move on to another candidate.

Your constant whining about Palin and this O’Reilly interview makes it seem like that it’s personal towards Palin instead of a disagreement on policy since you never mention other candidates that fail to meet your standard.

chief on April 21, 2011 at 1:37 AM

hmmm

But in this case, like all such cases over the decades, you sometimes put a note on the post apologizing for offending anyone, and making it clear that your target is Sarah Palin, an empty grifter and dollar-chaser and tabloid-fame monster with a delusional following of poor white people who somehow think her interests converge in any way with their interests. It is certainly not about her innocent child.

Ken Layne

nah that doesn’t sound like any posters on hotair. ignore the similar talking points. Just think happy thoughts!

oh wait a minute:

You *honestly* don’t know of the Palin fanatics’ Cult of Trig? I find that hard to believe, if you’ve been on the Internet before. In any case, spend a day at Team Sarah and then try to tell us there’s no Cult of Trig

nah none of the hotair posters have ever used the “cult” smear on Palin supporters. There is nothing to see here folks move along…..

unseen on April 21, 2011 at 1:38 AM

rightwingyahooo on April 21, 2011 at 1:32 AM

Do you ever say anything interesting or unexpected. No, you don’t.

steebo77 on April 21, 2011 at 1:40 AM

unseen on April 21, 2011 at 1:38 AM

Au contraire. I, for one, can’t wait for my daily dose of the Palin-Ade. It will be delicious, as always.

steebo77 on April 21, 2011 at 1:41 AM

and no poster on hotair never ever said anything like this or question’s Palin’s ability to be a mother linke this:

have four kids myself and I wouldn’t want them mocked on the Internet by a bunch of cretins on the Internet. And that’s just one reason why I wouldn’t parade my children around in the media. What kind of mother does that?

unseen on April 21, 2011 at 1:43 AM

I was a Bushbot, and I have learned my lesson. Some have not.

rightwingyahooo on April 21, 2011 at 1:28 AM

Wasn’t Pawlenty down in Florida with Jeb Bush going after the Hispanic vote? He was the only potential candidate to attend IIRC.

sharrukin on April 21, 2011 at 1:43 AM

and I’m sure I have never ever ever seen anyone of the hotair “true conservatives” “I’ll vote for if she wins the primary” use this type of argument:

I am clearly not a Sarah Palin fan. And I don’t like that she uses her family as political props; woe to anyone who criticizes them, even if they put themselves out there as paid advocates for celibacy (after not being celibate) and go on dance shows. (Thankfully, Jennifer Grey won.)

Alan colmes

unseen on April 21, 2011 at 1:47 AM

Yes sharrukin I linked the T-Paw article on page four of the thread.

Yahoo was fine with that, but that O’Reilly interview is a bridge too far.

chief on April 21, 2011 at 1:49 AM

“…He has voiced support for reconsidering the 14th Amendment, which provides citizenship to any baby born in the United States, and defended the Arizona immigration enforcement law.

At the same time, he has called for a temporary guest worker program for immigrants…”

Uh oh yahoo. I guess you better scratch T-Paw off your list of potential candidates as well.

chief on April 21, 2011 at 12:01 AM

That might be cause to scratch him off of mine…

annoyinglittletwerp on April 21, 2011 at 12:07 AM

You need to look at Pawlenty’s long love affair with cap and tax as well as “universal health care” Before it became an albatross around Willard’s neck, old Timmy was wanting him a socialist plan he could call his own!

You need to really dig into his record. I hadn’t until Stacy did.

Not sure I wouldn’t pick Huckabee over T-Paw now, and you KNOW what I think of Huckabee!

gary4205 on April 21, 2011 at 1:50 AM

Yes sharrukin I linked the T-Paw article on page four of the thread.

Yahoo was fine with that, but that O’Reilly interview is a bridge too far.

chief on April 21, 2011 at 1:49 AM

Then it seems that he isn’t really looking at the evidence, or has another agenda.

Palin isn’t strong enough on immigration for me, but then none of them are, and she is better than most.

sharrukin on April 21, 2011 at 1:51 AM

stay classy left:

Palin should have just killed, er, “aborted” Trig’

Actually, she would probably have aborted Trig had she not been into politics.

But it is a fair ethical issue, politics aside…was mulling over it since my last post. It’s in the euthanasia territory, and some would argue that euthanasia is murder. Before Flop starts getting his lather up, am speaking only in the context of aborting a viable fetus, with no risk to the mother or child, but with the fetus diagnosed with something like this. Not the run-of-the-mill rape/incest victims whom Flop wants to ‘hold responsible for their actions’.

Palin should have just killed, er, ‘aborted’ Trig”

Hey! Maybe her plan was to have a normal baby and, when it was 18 years old, she would send him off to be killed in an unnecessary war for profit! THEN his death wouldn’t be considered murder, you see – just simply “collateral damage”.

What exactly is wrong with Palin having her family in the backdrop?’

It is an intellectually dishonest approach of making a pro-life argument.
Some pro-choice women would in the same situation want to choose to abort, and would choose to, if its legal.
Some pro-choice men would likewise encourage their partner to do so under similar circumstances.
I really can’t tell those people that they cannot morally choose to abort. Euthanasia is a subject best left to the family of the person/fetus in question.
Palin is, end of the day, using Trig to make a false argument in the open pro-choice-pro-life debate.
And that’s what’s wrong. By all means, have your family in the background: all of it, not just the part of your family you’d like to parade to make above intellectually dishonest argument.

unseen on April 21, 2011 at 1:55 AM

unseen on April 21, 2011 at 1:47 AM

I admit, I don’t think Bristol’s decision to go on DWTS was the wisest choice. Tripp is adorable-but in the years since the 2008 election, Bristol has turned herself into tabloid fodder. I was pretty-okay very-screwed-up at her age too. She’s been blessed by a good family(which I didn’t have) and a precious little boy. She needs to stay out of the limelite and focus on what’s important.
I am talking about Bristol ONLY-on Gov. Palin.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 21, 2011 at 1:56 AM

unseen on April 21, 2011 at 1:38 AM

That I have done-because sometimes things go a bit over-board in these threads. I’m trying to be more friendly and use the word less…but I refuse to promise never to use it, because if at times it fits….well then it fits.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 21, 2011 at 2:00 AM

unseen on April 21, 2011 at 1:38 AM

Btw: I have never said anything derogatory about the Palin family. They’re lovely.
She’s a good conservative-I’ve never denied that.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 21, 2011 at 2:04 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on April 21, 2011 at 1:56 AM

honest question here. If you were a single mother with a deadbeat father of your child. and you were offered an oppurtunity to secure his finaical life for the forseeable future would you take the offer or would you remain in a dentist office workingn9 to 5 and worried about paying the rent? Or worse yet would you hit mom and dad up for the money?

unseen on April 21, 2011 at 2:04 AM

Trig is a blessing. May Gov. Palin and her family continue to be blessed.

long_cat on April 21, 2011 at 2:07 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on April 21, 2011 at 2:00 AM

Not trying to be argumentative but you are missing the point. I am not calling you out nor other posters. I am attempting to explain to you were the attacks such as “cult supporters” came from. The left started calling Palin supporters vult members. It was a leftist tactic to demean and smear Palin supporters to drive people away from Palin support.

Use it if you want to but always know who started it, why they started and know that by using it you are furthering their goals as well as your own.

unseen on April 21, 2011 at 2:09 AM

Unseen:
I start thinking ‘cult’ when I read comments that say the SP is the one that we’ve been waiting for, or that if elected she’ll be this nation’s mother-figure(I’m old enough to be a grandmother so I’ll pass ), or she more of an Iron lady than Margaret Thatcher ever was etc.
When a person believes the type of example that I just gave you-they move from a Palin supporter(who are mostly cool people)-to someone who’s obsessed with her. When a politician becomes the center of ‘your’ world-you have problems.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 21, 2011 at 2:13 AM

Charles Krauthammer once said he thought what really set the left against Palin was Trig.

Her deciding to have Trig, knowing of his disability (I think CK called it a virtuous and generous choice) exposed the shallow selfishness of the left. Palin and Trig hold a mirror up to the left and show them for what they really are. And the left hates what they see. But they transfer the hate to her.

Wethal on April 20, 2011 at 9:25 PM

Well once again CK is wrong. the left hates Palin because she is the exact opposite of everything they believe in. they use Trig change the narrative because they don’t want Palin out there talking about individual freedom, the joys of capitalism, and how bad Obama is.

unseen on April 20, 2011 at 9:28 PM

Late to the party. Unseen, you could be correct, but CK is right on the money as well.

Let me go a little farther. I am a mid-40 year old woman, married, childless by choice (no abortions, just birth control and a healthy use of the word no). A lot of women around my age, give or take a bit on either side, grew up with “feminism” and the hammering of “having it all”. Abortions were expected and encouraged if it didn’t fit with “the plan”.

So now you have all these women about my age, give or take, possibly childless or fewer children than they could have had, possibly single or held out or waited or whatever. They bought into the feminist lie.

Out comes Palin who quite literally has it all: A large family, a wonderful husband, a great career and a handicapped baby.

She just reminds them of all their bad choices and the lies they believed.

Find an enraged female Palin hater and you’ll probably find some dubious feminist choices – abortions, late or no marriage, push for careers in their past.

kim roy on April 21, 2011 at 2:14 AM

But more important, Layne has a very convenient memory. In 2009, as I documented in my post Wonkette Goes After Trig Palin Again, Layne mocked Trig, including running this photoshop which he took from a posting board:

unseen on April 21, 2011 at 2:14 AM

unseen on April 21, 2011 at 2:04 AM

I don’t know what I would do. I think there were other things she could have done-but I wasn’t screw-up and pregnant until I was 24-I was totaly ^&*($% up-and I was married at the time. Tripp is loved-that’s what’s important.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 21, 2011 at 2:15 AM

kim roy on April 21, 2011 at 2:14 AM

Oh I agree on that. Like I siad Palin is the eaxct opposite of everything the left hold dear.

But my comment was more centered on Trig. the left uses him to change the narraitve because they know many people relate to Trig. thus anytime the left wants to change the narrative about Palin they attack Trig.

unseen on April 21, 2011 at 2:19 AM

from same link above:

In 2008, Wonkette ran a post by Jim Newell, who now works for Gawker, mocking Trig and joking:

“Little baby Trig must be so glad he wasn’t aborted for this, his first Halloween, because his parents dressed him up like a political party symbol to be carried around at snarling political events. Aww. Isn’t life just grand?”

Last fall, Stuef wrote a post mocking Trig which started:

“Now Sarah Palin is even more of a hero for not aborting Trig: All those retard genes came from Kenya illegally.”

And I could go on and on. Just do a search of the Wonkette website and you will find dozens of posts in which Trig either is the main focus of mockery or is the recipient of parting shots from Wonkette writer.

Why would Stuef think that making fun of Trig was off limits given the history of Wonkette under Layne?

Layne has thrown Stuef under the bus, but it should have been the other way around.

unseen on April 21, 2011 at 2:21 AM

Found when I got back that @Nordstrom & @reliantenergy contacted me to say they pulled their ads from wonkette too. Is this news? #TrigsCrew
26 minutes ago »
JstJoan Joanie Scott
@Dloesch @BobEvansFarm is pulling ads http://twitter.com/#!/BobEvansFarms/status/60886708975177728 #TrigsCrew

unseen on April 21, 2011 at 2:25 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on April 21, 2011 at 2:15 AM

oppurtunity only comes around once in a while. the choice was hers. do something to support her child or worry about his future.

As a father I know what I would have choosen.

unseen on April 21, 2011 at 2:28 AM

Trig has Trisomy 21, I have seen no evidence that he is more than on the bottom half of normal intelligence. Down syndrome does not automatically mean that the child will be a vegetable.

Slowburn on April 21, 2011 at 2:44 AM

Nice. Let’s judge Bristol now.

Can we also get an opinion on Willow or Piper?

I guess Track serving his country and risking his life can be spun as a negative as well.

Bristol is learning life lessons just like everyone else does, but the only difference is that it’s played out in front of everyone’s eyes because of her last name.

The DWTS gig allowed Bristol to buy a nice house for herself and her son and to do so with cash. Sounds like a hell of a deal for a 20 year old single mom to me.

Of course, I guess she could have played the victim and signed up for welfare. Gotten a section 8 apartment and stayed out of sight.

chief on April 21, 2011 at 2:44 AM

And yes, this is the guy who wrote the original post:

Quite a looker, eh?

Good Solid B-Plus on April 20, 2011 at 9:22 PM

That’s a dude??? No wonder he has such deep-seated anger. I’ll bet he got his lunch money stolen and his butt cheeks taped together in the locker room all the time in junior high.

Loser freak.

NoLeftTurn on April 21, 2011 at 2:46 AM

kim roy on April 21, 2011 at 2:14 AM

unseen on April 21, 2011 at 2:19 AM

Of course. It’s not working for them and will continue to be a losing strategy. They are so stupid – when you think they can’t be any stupider or have less self control they do something to top it.

For instance, after getting hammered on this all day and losing Papa John’s advertising and before others started bailing, they actually called PJ’s “homophobes” and trash talked them. Yes, that’s going to work out well in the end.

While I am a hardcore Palinista (no, I don’t give a crap what others think or say in this regard), I think it’s good for conservatism every time these morons lose control. It chips away at the facade.

kim roy on April 21, 2011 at 2:49 AM

Slowburn on April 21, 2011 at 2:44 AM

Some individuals with Downs Syndrome actually manage to test pretty close to average on standardized intelligence tests. There’s really no way to tell except against the normative childhood development hallmarks.

gryphon202 on April 21, 2011 at 2:49 AM

gryphon202 on April 21, 2011 at 2:49 AM

Our family friend with Down syndrome is quite sharp. She is 57 so born during a time when many Down syndrome kids were still institutionalized but her parents kept her at home and I think that has made all the difference in her long life; back at that time, kids with Down syndrome often didn’t live past their early 20s. She did go to school for awhile but she hated it and so they didn’t make her continue. But she was tying her own shoes when she was six or seven, which is pretty much within the norm, and had she continued, I think she could have gone on to get a job and live as close to an ordinary life as was possible. I know they thought they could teach her to type. She has an unbelievable memory. Few details escape her when she is recounting a story, and don’t ever think she isn’t listening to you when you’re talking in the other room because she hears and comprehends EVERYTHING. Also, despite what the nasty tool at Wonkette thinks, she does dream. And remembers them too.

NoLeftTurn on April 21, 2011 at 3:02 AM

It is an intellectually dishonest approach of making a pro-life argument.

This jackazz ought to either listen to what Palin actually says or clean the wax out of her ears. Palin made the choice that was right for HER and HER family, and she isn’t ashamed to say so. Just because she’s pro-life doesn’t mean she wants to tell everyone else what to do when faced with the same circumstances she was. In fact, she has admitted she had a crisis of faith and considered briefly terminating the pregnancy. So no one can accuse her of being intellectually dishonest when she has LIVED what most of these bitter old shrews do not and never have known in their lives. Would she like it if abortion were eradicated as a practice in this country? I believe she would. But I also believe she is not on some crusade to overturn Roe v. Wade. Her approach is one typical of Christians, the same approach Bush took to such moral dilemmas: Change the heart and you can change the mind. Give girls and women an alternative and the support they need if they find themselves with an unwanted pregnancy instead of telling them it will ruin their lives.

NoLeftTurn on April 21, 2011 at 3:09 AM

Well on the optimistic side of things, WHEN Sarah is in the Oval Office, the national conscious will be a lot more cognizant of the challenge families face when raising special needs kids. AND perhaps, the cretins on the left might be shamed into SOME behavior modification. If people can learn to not use the N word, I have hope that we can change other stupid behavior and deeds.

karenhasfreedom on April 21, 2011 at 3:12 AM

It’s been suggested that the offensive author at Wonkette may want to avoid Sarah Palin for a while. I suggest that he avoid meeting Todd Palin. Just for his own good.

njcommuter on April 21, 2011 at 3:24 AM

I had something to say an hour ago when I sat down to catch up on this thread, but now I’m just exhausted.

Funny how one person always wants to turn every single thread about anything Palin into a rehash of one interview with Bill O’ Rielly.

I will see what happens when the campaign begins.

Sarah jumped into the SB1070 debate with both feet, right by Jan Brewer’s side. That was when she doubted our President’s cojones, remember?

Anyway, I’m glad to see that so many companies are ditching that useless idiot attack site full of slime.

What took so long? They have been a-holes over there for years.

I’m sure that Alan Colmes really enjoyed defending Sarah Palin on this, since in 2008 he was dipping his toe in the crazy pool by suggesting that flying home to Alaska from Texas while in labor could have contributed to the Downs Syndrome in her child, therefore rendering her irresponsible as a mother, despite the fact she had give birth 4 times before, and he has given birth no times that we know of. He got roasted in his email and on his blog, and retracted that soon after.

Don’t worry Alan, we know you too well to fall for your nice guy act.

You’re a jerk hack, just like all the rest of them.

Brian1972 on April 21, 2011 at 3:51 AM

njcommuter on April 21, 2011 at 3:24 AM

I said that way earlier.

Part of the sick little joke was that no matter who was Trig’s mother, Sarah or Bristol, either way Todd did it.

They said that, straight out. Incest.

If I were Todd, bad things would be happening to all those people about right now.

He can’t afford to do that, for all the obvious reasons.

Boy would it be satisfying, before the trial at least.

Brian1972 on April 21, 2011 at 4:05 AM

When a politician becomes the center of ‘your’ world-you have problems.
annoyinglittletwerp on April 21, 2011 at 2:13 AMYup. I AM a Palin supporter,but that’s not good enough for our resident whacks. On the bright side, it seems they are burning out ala Jenfidel.
How’s Texas,toots?

katy the mean old lady on April 21, 2011 at 5:02 AM

Got up too early for blockquotes fingers.

katy the mean old lady on April 21, 2011 at 5:03 AM

kim roy on April 21, 2011 at 2:14 AM

I agree. Moreso from the left but, there are those who hold similar feelings on the right…

Gohawgs on April 21, 2011 at 5:15 AM

Well stated AP.

Done That on April 21, 2011 at 5:41 AM

It is hard to believe that someone would be stupid enough to do something like this.. I might not think Palin is the best choice for the GOP nomination for President, but this need to go after her family in such a mean spirited and personal way is not only counter productive, it is wrong. Just plain wrong.

Terrye on April 21, 2011 at 6:32 AM

My take.

kingsjester on April 21, 2011 at 7:37 AM

I don’t need to watch I have observed this behavior before on the Left. Has it occurred to anyone the far left gay faction of the Democrat party, in this country has mommy issues?

Dr Evil on April 21, 2011 at 7:40 AM

I have all kinds of sympathy and compassion for Ms. Palin and for all her family has endured. Now, I DO believe that the left wants Palin to be the Republican nominee. They’ll turn out in droves during the primary and cast more votes for her than Conservatives/Republicans/Independents combined. Count it.

DanaSmiles on April 21, 2011 at 8:34 AM

DanaSmiles on April 21, 2011 at 8:34 AM

Sarah Palin is the one person the left does not want to run against. That is why they keep trying to destroy her.

Slowburn on April 21, 2011 at 8:52 AM

For what it’s worth, some companies still advertising on Wonkette as of this morning are:

Kellogg’s
Yoplait
DealSwarm
Six Flags/Fiesta Texas

Missy on April 21, 2011 at 8:59 AM

I don’t get the “Palin uses her kids a political props” thing. Where are people getting that from?

Count to 10 on April 21, 2011 at 9:09 AM

Count to 10 on April 21, 2011 at 9:09 AM

Desperation.

kingsjester on April 21, 2011 at 9:24 AM

Kellogg’s
Yoplait
DealSwarm
Six Flags/Fiesta Texas
Missy on April 21, 2011 at 8:59 AM

I only patronize yoplait and kellogg. If they don’t stop I will have to buy my morning yogurt and cereal from another co. Tomorrow night we’re ordering Papa Johns.

unseen I thought about what you said and think you are right that whenever Palin hits a homerun the Hatefilled Left pulls a stunt like this to get the focus off her positive and effective speech and on to a sensational negative topic. This time they have really gone too far.

CCRWM on April 21, 2011 at 10:26 AM

Well game on is my answer. This is a fight and if the other side wants to ally themselves with scum like the guy that posted this Trig blog by using leftwing talking points against Palin on conservative sites I want them to know they will be called out on it.

and if tha tis “inflamatory” so be it. The truth hurts at times.

I said last night and I will say it again.

If I knew or was told I was using KKK talking points to attack Obama with I would never use those talking points again. yet when it is pointed out tionme and again by Palin supporters that the ABP are using leftwing talking points they not only continue to use them they deny it even when the facts are shown. They can continue to be useful idiots and then act all shocked and upset when the left goes to far like this Trig post.

My mother always told me you lay down with the dogs you get up with fleas.

unseen on April 20, 2011 at 10:18 PM

Right on.

ReneePA on April 21, 2011 at 10:26 AM

We’ve been over that. I’ve been reasonable in my explanations. Alaska had no statutory protections. The presidency does, and always has. Alaska has those protections now.

But what does it matter? You don’t give a sh!t that it’s procedurally impossible to force a congressman from office with anything short of a district-wide recall. You don’t give rat’s furry ass that the only way to remove a president from office is an impeachment vote. Oh no.

You chickensh!t Palin detractors would pick Huck over Palin, even though he has blood on his hands! You’d pick Romney over Palin, even though he signed socialized medicine into law in his home state! Those sins are forgivable, because they’re political; Palin’s one sin isn’t, because she did it for the wrong reasons: Out of GENUINE CONCERN for her state and her family!

So no, I don’t buy that. But at least I can admit that I’m popping a cork. I will freely say over and over again that I am indeed being emotional. You spineless worms recoil like Supreman from kryptonite, from the very idea that you might have anything in common with leftists in your visceral dislike for Sarah Palin, so you turn it back on us, her supporters, and accuse us of “stifling dissent, just like lefties” when that’s the last thing I’m doing! I’m being more open and honest with you butthurt pu$$ies than I have since before the 2008 elections.

This shouldn’t surprise me. It shouldn’t even bother me as much as it does. But anyone who would like to sit down for a real, honest and open conversation about how I choose who to vote for is welcome to. I’m long past accepting that I won’t get that kind of conversation from the people that have already made up their minds who they aren’t going to vote for without taking the next logical step.

gryphon202 on April 20, 2011 at 10:41 PM

Projection is an amazing thing to behold isn’t it? People really need to take responsibility for their own feelings, thoughts, and actions but I won’t hold my breath on that one. Kudos to you for being forthright. This issue is not an emotional one for me at all. I am just taking it all in. The left is damaging themselves beyond repair and the Palin detractors are proving how ignorant they really are in regards to Palin’s actual accomplishments and her reasons for making decisions that they do not agree with. Most of the reasons that people give me for not supporting Palin are completely irrational. It doesn’t bother me at all if someone prefers another candidate but I will not stand idly by while they lie about my preferred candidate.

ReneePA on April 21, 2011 at 10:42 AM

Tomorrow night we’re ordering Papa Johns.

So are we!

Missy on April 21, 2011 at 10:47 AM

I’m sorry but did you miss the part where anyone who has ever criticised Palin is exactly the same as wonkette?

petunia on April 20, 2011 at 11:21 PM

That’s not what I or Unseen said. We said that many anti-Palin memes that are debated here start on sites like Wonkette. Now would you like to try debating on the merits of my arguement instead of setting up a straw man?

gryphon202 on April 20, 2011 at 11:27 PM

petunia, I really take issue with you putting words in people’s mouths. For the record righty Palin detractors and the left are not even in the same universe. However, I do agree that many on the right are picking up lefty memes and running with them and they need to be made aware of that fact. That fact seems to be making a lot of people mighty uncomfortable. That is too bad.

ReneePA on April 21, 2011 at 10:53 AM

I like that.

gary4205 on April 21, 2011 at 1:08 AM

That is freakin’ brilliant! I will go out and do that very thing. There’s a Papa John’s around the corner from me, so supporting them will be easy, but as I have no wee babies at home, I was in a quandary as to how to support Huggies. Thanks much!

Mary in LA on April 21, 2011 at 11:24 AM

When the diaper thing has a lead, I’ll support that too!

CCRWM on April 21, 2011 at 11:28 AM

When the diaper thing has a lead, I’ll support that too!

CCRWM on April 21, 2011 at 11:28 AM

According to what Gary posted, the diaper thing was Dana Loesch’s idea. Ms Loesch is at BigGovernment.com, has her own radio show, and here she is on Facebook and Twitter.

[Egads -- I hope this post gets through with four links in it!]

Mary in LA on April 21, 2011 at 11:36 AM

When the diaper thing has a lead, I’ll support that too!

CCRWM on April 21, 2011 at 11:28 AM

I had too many links in my post, so it got eaten. :-(

It was Dana Loesch of BigGovernment.com who had the idea of donating diapers to shelters. Her radio show is at DanaRadio.com, and she’s also on Facebook and Twitter. There might be some follow-up there.

Unless I find something more specific, I’ll just look online for women’s shelters in my area and send them the diapers. What goes around, comes around! :-)

Mary in LA on April 21, 2011 at 11:44 AM

Late to the thread but since I have a child with DS I’m playing my moral authority card and adding a comment.

The original bash against Palin – that she uses” Trig as a prop is stupid. When she was campaigning he was a very young baby. I would have thought less of her if she had kept him at home or hidden him as if she was ashamed of him. Being around all the people and activity was a positive experience for him. Traveling with both Trig and Piper made sense – they were young enough to need time with their mother and traveling with her while she campaigned made sense and offerred both of them experiences they wouldn’t have gotten at home in Wasilla. Who could fault the opportunity for a young child to be on the receiving end of not only their mother’s obvious love but the affection of the people around her?

Even today many people are uncomfortable with the disabled. They sometimes think they couldn’t handle a child with issues and that may make them feel inadequate. So if they think Palin is doing something they wouldn’t they have to drag her down to make themselves feel better about their own shallowness.

katiejane on April 21, 2011 at 12:21 PM

katiejane on April 21, 2011 at 12:21 PM

God bless you and your family. I understand.

kingsjester on April 21, 2011 at 12:26 PM

I emailed Marshall’s and asked them why they haven’t pulled their ads. I got a reply saying they do not endorse the content, but will keep on advertizing there.

Use this info as you see fit.

angryed on April 21, 2011 at 12:35 PM

Use this info as you see fit.

angryed on April 21, 2011 at 12:35 PM

Maybe that’s appropriate, since Marshall’s is a garbage dump like wonkette. It’s Wal-Mart without the cache.

slickwillie2001 on April 21, 2011 at 12:52 PM

Just called Marshall’s and went off. The customer service rep played dumb at first but I was adamant. The response I got was that they are looking into it. I reminded them that this is not a left or right issue but rather an issue of common decency. I also told them that not shopping at Marshall’s is a sacrifice for me because I really like it but if they are going to align themselves with this sort of disgusting behavior I will gladly make that sacrifice.

ReneePA on April 21, 2011 at 1:27 PM

Wonkette is also losing advertisers over this, and they continue to attack and blame Palin for what they did. Bunch of losers.

jdawg on April 21, 2011 at 2:04 PM

ReneePA on April 21, 2011 at 1:27 PM

Good!

unseen on April 21, 2011 at 2:06 PM

I haven’t read all ten gazillion comments, so I don’t know if Greg Gutfeld’s coming to the rescue has been reported. (Click here.) Greg is my hero. I’ve offered to be the mother of his children, but he won’t return my emails. What’s up with that? (Did I mention the restraining order?)

manwithblackhat on April 21, 2011 at 3:30 PM

Meet Jack Stuef.

elowe on April 21, 2011 at 12:03 AM

Jack or Pat?
Only SNL knows for sure!

DSchoen on April 21, 2011 at 4:09 PM

katiejane on April 21, 2011 at 12:21 PM

I understand.
When I mention to people that I’m on the autistic-spectrum I get this incredulous look that seems to say that theyre amazed that I am able to dress myself without assistance…then they see my wedding ring…

annoyinglittletwerp on April 21, 2011 at 6:05 PM

How’s Texas,toots?

katy the mean old lady on April 21, 2011 at 5:02 AM

If I could find a job I’d like it better. LoL

annoyinglittletwerp on April 21, 2011 at 6:07 PM

This wonkette slime is a direct retaliation for SPs Wisconsin speach

the punk was given his orders to dehumanized SP some more at the cost of his credibility

they cannot allow people to hear what she actually says so they flood the airwaves and tube with garbage

Sonosam on April 21, 2011 at 8:50 PM

The point is absolutely correct that had Sarah Palin kept Trig hidden away during the campaign they would have most certainly made hay of that – sniggering that the “retarded” (their term, not mine) candidate wants to hide her “retard” child. Such is their inclusiveness, compassion and tolerance.

The discussion of a child with Down Syndrome as though some kind of vegetable is not only disgusting but betrays the usual ignorance of people like Struef and his ilk. I work regularly with special needs kids at events where we take them out on a surfboard, or “boogie boards” or just give them a day at the beach and on the ocean. These kids are all a pleasure and a joy, but the kids with Down Syndrome have an amazing way about them. How somebody could look at this and ridicule this kid or somebody like him is beyond me – it’s soulless:

RDuke on April 22, 2011 at 10:51 AM