Video: Stephanopoulos grills Trump

posted at 6:32 pm on April 19, 2011 by Allahpundit

We need to load up on Trump content while we can because he’s getting it on all sides now, from establishment Republicans like Krauthammer and Rove to grassroots favorites like Mark Levin and Glenn Beck. (Beck’s crew went after him again just this morning.) Hard to believe he’ll retain a viable base of support as more conservatives start to highlight the unorthodoxies in his record. The latest, via the Club for Growth: Trump’s a big fan of the Supreme Court’s Kelo decision on eminent domain, a ruling so widely reviled on the right that it operates as an epithet.

CAVUTO: You know, the one thing that sticks in the craw of a lot of people with this court, Donald — and I don’t know where you come down on it, but this eminent domain issue that essentially allowed someone’s home to be bulldozed, as was the case in New London, Connecticut, if it gets in the way of developers. Now, you’re a pretty successful developer in your own right. What did you think of that decision? Was the court overdoing it with that decision?

TRUMP: Well, it’s sort of not a good one for me to say, because I noticed every article written about it said, “Will Donald Trump take over your home?” sort of using me as the example, Neil. And it’s sort of — it’s an interesting situation to be in. But I happen to agree with it 100 percent, not that I would want to use it. But the fact is, if you have a person living in an area that’s not even necessarily a good area, and government, whether it’s local or whatever, government wants to build a tremendous economic development, where a lot of people are going to be put to work and make area that’s not good into a good area, and move the person that’s living there into a better place — now, I know it might not be their choice — but move the person to a better place and yet create thousands upon thousands of jobs and beautification and lots of other things, I think it happens to be good. (Fox News, 7/19/05)

Eight years before Kelo, a government agency in Atlantic City tried to seize a woman’s home under eminent domain and transfer the property to Trump for development. (She won her lawsuit against them.) Stephanopoulos brought up the Club for Growth in their chat, in fact; I won’t spoil it by giving away his reaction, but watch for it — along with his answer on why he supported universal health care in 2000. Exit quotation: “It’s a long time ago. It’s 11 or 12 years ago. And frankly, a lot of people agreed with it. A lot of conservative Republicans agreed with it, at that time. We have a different country today.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

And yet a reporter asks Obama about how he is treating Texas and its considered “out of bounds” by the President.

Difference in questions asked GOPers compared to Obama ?

William Amos on April 19, 2011 at 6:35 PM

This guy is going to doom the GOP and give the election to Obama in 2012. Makes me wonder if Obama is paying Trump to do this. What a train wreck this is going to be.

jawkneemusic on April 19, 2011 at 6:37 PM

Steffy is an Obama Bu.. kisser. Trump is not my favorite, but maybe the media could look into the background of the “messiah.”

sandee on April 19, 2011 at 6:38 PM

You know….I have to admit, I love the way he shoves it down their throat!

He’s fearlessness against the media and the commies and may win America over…no one else is doing this and it NEEDS to be done.

Just saying…

katy on April 19, 2011 at 6:40 PM

Krauthammer and Rove to grassroots favorites like Mark Levin and Glenn Beck.

The Donald and the Four Dwarfs.

Heckle on April 19, 2011 at 6:42 PM

Difference in questions asked GOPers compared to Obama ?

William Amos on April 19, 2011 at 6:35 PM

Conservatives don’t whine about interviews and weird spit ball questions.

upinak on April 19, 2011 at 6:43 PM

Levin will probably try to blow Trump’s ears out by hollering at him.

Heckle on April 19, 2011 at 6:44 PM

If you have the establishment all in a frenzy after you, you must be doing something right.

Heckle on April 19, 2011 at 6:45 PM

For some reason I still want to see a debate between, Trump, Huckabee, Rommeny, and Ron Paul.

Oil Can on April 19, 2011 at 6:46 PM

He’s like a bad combover…

the_nile on April 19, 2011 at 6:46 PM

There is no question, Donald.
Hillary supporters have co-opted you, Donald. You are a chump. The stink of stupid is on you like cheap cologne.

Here is a short list of some of those co-opted by “Obama and his minions.”

John Beohner
Marco Rubio
Michelle Bachmann
Paul Ryan
Eric Cantor
Ron Paul
Allen West
Rush Limbaugh
Glenn Beck
Mar Levin
Dennis Prager
Hugh Hewitt

Why aren‘t all these people demanding Obama’s Birth Certificate? Are they all in on the conspiracy too?

NickDeringer on April 19, 2011 at 6:46 PM

Impossible, Allah, I was explicitly told that only the Establishment RINOs hate Trump, because he’s taking away all of the support for Romney. Or something.

Vyce on April 19, 2011 at 6:47 PM

Trump is a bad joke- you can have 1 or 2 skeletons but this guys back history is so loaded with bad stuff, Obama will be able to pocket 900 million of that billion if he was the nominee.
Thankfully Trumps timing is awful and people are already wising up to this assclown 8 months early.

jjshaka on April 19, 2011 at 6:47 PM

The Four Dwarfs are afraid that Trump will pull out of Afcrapistan. The troops will be very glad, but they wouldn’t be.

Heckle on April 19, 2011 at 6:47 PM

EW: NBC thinks it’s a Trump publicity stunt:

MikeknaJ on April 19, 2011 at 6:48 PM

When in doubt, make balloon animals.

The Ugly American on April 19, 2011 at 6:48 PM

Conservatives don’t whine about interviews and weird spit ball questions.

upinak on April 19, 2011 at 6:43 PM

Don’t say that to the Palinistas.

Falz on April 19, 2011 at 6:49 PM

Trump is now ahead of the Republican pack with almost as many votes as Romney and Huckster.

Heckle on April 19, 2011 at 6:49 PM

The same Stephanopoulis cowed into submission over asking — once — a mere follow-up question to Obama? Hilarious. See this clearly for what it is — their inherent contempt for “the other.” To them, conservatives or anyone else who threatens their orthodoxy or attempts to embarrass their demigod is subhuman.

rrpjr on April 19, 2011 at 6:50 PM

Off Topic

Texas needs a 21% return to keep it’s Teachers Pension funded.

Anybody know how to get a 21% return? /s

Oil Can on April 19, 2011 at 6:50 PM

Heckle on April 19, 2011 at 6:51 PM

NickDeringer on April 19, 2011 at 6:46 PM

What is the conspiracy? The simple fact is Obama won’t release his original birth certificate. That’s it. People who support him are covering for him. That’s not conspiracy, it’s reality.

JannyMae on April 19, 2011 at 6:51 PM

I still haven’t figured out which way his hair is going. He spoke at an outdoor event and it never moved. Can’t figure out why he’s sounding like he’s running, either. This must be one big ego trip.

Kissmygrits on April 19, 2011 at 6:53 PM

Conservatives don’t whine about interviews and weird spit ball questions.

upinak on April 19, 2011 at 6:43 PM

Tell that to Sarah Palin.

You-Eh-Vee on April 19, 2011 at 6:55 PM

Trump changes his position when it suits him.

I still think Trump is the reincarnation of Ross Perot.

Kini on April 19, 2011 at 6:55 PM

Of course they ask the tough questions of the grownups. I’m glad he’s getting grilled. Kelo was a terrible decision.

John the Libertarian on April 19, 2011 at 6:57 PM

I think Mark Levin is the reincarnation of Pee Wee Herman, just will a hollering voice all the time.

Heckle on April 19, 2011 at 6:59 PM

I cant wait you guys to try and vote this clown into office.
Its funny how you accuse of Obama voters of drinking the kool-aid when you guys just will follow the best new thing off the cliff. All they have to do is brandish guns and yell at teachers, or demand repeat made up crap off of World Net Daily or Free Republic and you guys completely swoon.

Obama 2012

Magnus on April 19, 2011 at 7:00 PM

Mark Levin is a sissy girl. Glenn Beck is just a loon.

Heckle on April 19, 2011 at 7:00 PM

Is Stephanopoulos still on the daily conference call with the White House…?

… Just askin’.

Seven Percent Solution on April 19, 2011 at 7:01 PM

“Next question, George.” Good stuff. Treat these people like the curs they are.

But he’s not going to run. He’ll find a face-saving out in the next month or so.

rrpjr on April 19, 2011 at 7:01 PM

Krauthammer,Rove,Levin and Beck for deployment to Afghanistan and Libya.

Heckle on April 19, 2011 at 7:02 PM

Who is attacking Obama?

On anything that hurts Obama?

Palin and Trump.

Who does the media attack in return.

Trump and Palin.

Go Donald!

Go Sarah!

profitsbeard on April 19, 2011 at 7:04 PM

So I see simplesimon is back.

Del Dolemonte on April 19, 2011 at 7:05 PM

I’m glad Trump’s getting grilled. He needs to be.

nickj116 on April 19, 2011 at 7:05 PM

Trump leads Huckster by 9 and Mittens by 11 and Palin by 18. I don’t think he will be the one to drop out.

Heckle on April 19, 2011 at 7:05 PM

Mark Levin is a sissy girl. Glenn Beck is just a loon.

Heckle on April 19, 2011 at 7:00 PM

I disagree. Mark Levin is a jealous hateful mongrel and Glenn Beck is just weird.

It’s funny when you think about it, Beck has done more actual good for the country than his detractors have.

MadDogF on April 19, 2011 at 7:05 PM

The difference between Palin and Trump is that Palin doesn’t think U.S.Presidents are just salaried jerks.

Seth Halpern on April 19, 2011 at 7:07 PM

And what I mean by “he needs to be” is that he’s going to face tough questions at every turn, and he needs to be upfront and prepared on every single issue.

Also needs to back up everything he claims.

nickj116 on April 19, 2011 at 7:07 PM

And the band still played as the Titanic approached the iceberg.

Does America know what calamity awaits a few years down the road? It doesn’t act as though it does.

Pathetic.

Crux Australis on April 19, 2011 at 7:08 PM

Texas needs a 21% return to keep it’s Teachers Pension funded.

Anybody know how to get a 21% return? /s

Oil Can on April 19, 2011 at 6:50 PM

Same place SS and Medicare money is invested. It must get at least 21% return since Harry Reid and Obama keep saying the $75 TRILLION deficit will be taken care of somehow without any changes.

angryed on April 19, 2011 at 7:08 PM

He is so FAKE!

terryannonline on April 19, 2011 at 7:10 PM

Heckle on April 19, 2011 at 6:59 PM

You know fellow HotAirians, it’s fools like this that really make me wish that the commenter’s names were placed BEFORE the comments, so I can scroll past certain ones a little bit faster. :)

JannyMae on April 19, 2011 at 7:11 PM

Also needs to back up everything he claims.

nickj116 on April 19, 2011 at 7:07 PM

Just like Obama has…oh, wait!

TheBigOldDog on April 19, 2011 at 7:11 PM

“Maybe I’ll release my tax returns when Obama releases his birth certificate.” – Trump

Lol.

nickj116 on April 19, 2011 at 7:11 PM

Just like Obama has…oh, wait!

TheBigOldDog on April 19, 2011 at 7:11 PM

Obama shouldn’t be the standard, my man.

nickj116 on April 19, 2011 at 7:13 PM

Lol.

nickj116 on April 19, 2011 at 7:11 PM

That is what he needs to do more of. Every tough question from the corrupt media establishment needs to be framed as one they wouldn’t ask Obama. Every defense of Obama needs to be called out, on the spot, before any other answer is given. He’ll get their panties so soiled in a matter of days, the whole game will change b/c most Republicans lack the balls to do it. Most want to be liked by the CME and so, they nibbled at the margins and duck.

TheBigOldDog on April 19, 2011 at 7:14 PM

The more of this stuff I see from Trump the more I like him.

He’s telling the MSM to go f**k itself. How refreshing is that? As far as being a joke, yeah maybe he is. But as long as he sticks to the message it will resonate. Obama’s answer to $4 gas is trade your car in. Trump’s message is take on the Saudis. Hmmmm, I wonder which will play better in Peoria.

angryed on April 19, 2011 at 7:15 PM

You know….I have to admit, I love the way he shoves it down their throat!

Just saying…

katy on April 19, 2011 at 6:40 PM

Sarah Palin has been doing it consistently since 2008 and without looking like a circus freak.

Plus her credentials as a true Reagan Conservative are above reproach.

Chump is a hard core democrat playing an angle.

It’s interesting to see people hailing this loon as some sort of champion fighter, when Palin has been doing longer, harder, and more effectively.

This Chump worship reminds me of the same people who swooned over Sharia Law loving Chris Christie, a blowhard who is all talk and no real action. The “tough guy” who starred in You Tube videos while Scott Walker ACTUALLY took the union thugs on.

Chump is all hat, no cattle.

gary4205 on April 19, 2011 at 7:16 PM

Obama shouldn’t be the standard, my man.

nickj116 on April 19, 2011 at 7:13 PM

Incorrect. He is the new standard set by the CME and therefore, that standard must now be fairly applied and it must be insisted upon. When they change the standard for him, they you abide by the new standard for all.

TheBigOldDog on April 19, 2011 at 7:16 PM

angryed on April 19, 2011 at 7:15 PM

Yup.

nickj116 on April 19, 2011 at 7:17 PM

Heckle on April 19, 2011 at 6:59 PM

I don’t listen to talk radio, but I do read a lot. I read Levin’s book, and thought it very good, so I was surprised at how different he was from what I expected from his book when I finally heard some excerpts of his radio show.

Johnny 100 Pesos on April 19, 2011 at 7:17 PM

The more of this stuff I see from Trump the more I like him.

angryed on April 19, 2011 at 7:15 PM

More than anything, that’s exactly what we need. Him getting the nomination is almost immaterial to me. Having him in the race, calling out the double standard of the CME is absolutely necessary if we are going to keep Obama from winning over the 11% of the electorate he needs to be reelected.

TheBigOldDog on April 19, 2011 at 7:19 PM

“We have a different country today.”

When the argument rises to the level of ideological grounds, the above is hardly adequate.

anuts on April 19, 2011 at 7:19 PM

Obama shouldn’t be the standard, my man.

nickj116 on April 19, 2011 at 7:13 PM

TheBigOldDog on April 19, 2011 at 7:16 PM

Damn straight.

What’s sauce for the Boy King is sauce for the peasants with pitchforks (or Trumps with combovers).

profitsbeard on April 19, 2011 at 7:21 PM

Trump has NO CHANCE to win the Republican nomination. There, I said it. Quote me here months from now.

BierManVA on April 19, 2011 at 7:30 PM

I am taking everything I own and betting Obama wins easily in 2012. Just reading the comments in here is enough for me to know that. A lot of fake conservatives running around. Shouldn’t surprise me considering AP runs the show.

People actually bashing Levin, Rove and Hannity but not saying anything about Trump speaks volumes.

Half of you would be better off going over and posting at Kos.

The Notorious G.O.P on April 19, 2011 at 7:30 PM

The Notorious G.O.P on April 19, 2011 at 7:30 PM

Lol, you’d be much happier visiting HA in the morning. The Palinistas run the joint until about noon.

nickj116 on April 19, 2011 at 7:32 PM

Half of you would be better off going over and posting at Kos.

The Notorious G.O.P on April 19, 2011 at 7:30 PM

And that’s just ridiculous, btw. Just because some on here aren’t as far right as you’d like doesn’t make them Kos-worthy.

nickj116 on April 19, 2011 at 7:33 PM

Trump acts like some high school kid. His sophomoric antics and “I know a secret, na, na, na, na” and “I’m Mr. Badass, I’ll just look them in the eye and they’ll crumble”.

He’s a joke.

If he really loved this country he’d throw a few million into a legitimate candidate, like Herman Cain. Herman could do with some exposure.

ButterflyDragon on April 19, 2011 at 7:34 PM

BierManVA on April 19, 2011 at 7:30 PM

I’m still not convinced he’ll have to be primaried out.

anuts on April 19, 2011 at 7:34 PM

I cant wait you guys to try and vote this clown into office.

Obama 2012

Magnus on April 19, 2011 at 7:00 PM

Kinda like swooning for a inexperienced, racist church attending, extremist befriending, empty rhetoric spouting, senator?

Yeah.

I’ll see your swoon, and raise you a hope ‘n change cult.

You-Eh-Vee on April 19, 2011 at 7:34 PM

JannyMae on April 19, 2011 at 7:11 PM

Tell it to Oprah.

Heckle on April 19, 2011 at 7:35 PM

jawkneemusic on April 19, 2011 at 6:37 PM

Yeah, everything rests on Trump. Yep. He alone will destroy the GOP because… uh, Rove said so I guess.

Boy, it would be nice to see a mainstream media type grill a Democrat as much. Never see that. Yeah, Democrats gush and drip corruption with every statement and footstep but all the media does is swoon.

Hey.. maybe if more Republcans starting asking some of the same questions and stopped leaving all the hard stuff to talk radio and guys like Trump, maybe we’d accomplish a little more. Trump comes out swinging and takes all these arrows and we sit back complaining. At least he’s showing courage! I wouldn’t vote for him myself.. but if the Republicans weren’t leaving such a big freaking vacuum Trump wouldn’t feel the need to stand up and fill it!

JellyToast on April 19, 2011 at 7:35 PM

Heckle on April 19, 2011 at 7:05 PM

If you’re going to call out Huckabee as a Huckster, okay, but how can you give Trump a free pass and support the guy? He’s got a fraction of the actual record that Huckabee or Mitt has – even if you don’t like those two!

It’s intellectually dishonest for all these Trump supporters to give him a free pass on things they’d slam other candidates about.

MikeknaJ on April 19, 2011 at 7:38 PM

Donald Trump has just recently demonstrated far more thoughtfulness and far more patriotism than Rove, Krauthammer, Beck and Levin ever have and especially as of late, far more effectiveness. Levin HOLLERS a lot LOUDER than Trump, and well just about everyone else too for that matter, but that is not patriotism, and you can tell him I said so. As to Levin’s kind of ‘patriotism’, well Mark Twain said this about that, “We have a bastard patriotism, a sarcasm, a burlesque; but we have no such thing as a public conscience. Politically we are just a joke”.

Trump is as a Lion and a Fox. Unfortunately Rove, Krauthammer, Levin and Beck have become as Mice and Sheep. As to Donald Trump’s kind of patriotism Mark Twain said this, “In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. If his cause succeeds, the timid will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot”.

Heckle on April 19, 2011 at 7:41 PM

And so it came to pass that Barack Obama gazed past the Four Dwarfs and saw a fast closing horse in the distance and the horse breathed fire and upon the horse sat Donald Trump.

Heckle on April 19, 2011 at 7:43 PM

MikeknaJ on April 19, 2011 at 7:38 PM

He is the one on the field challenging Obama as no one has before. The others just throw tomatoes and/or hide.

Heckle on April 19, 2011 at 7:47 PM

Heckle on April 19, 2011 at 7:41 PM

You’re officially blinded by the glare from the man’s hairspray to say something like that.

He’s a flip-flopper with NO consistent conservative record. It’s our job to be skeptical, and it’s his job to prove he’s legit. And so when that’s questioned those asking the questions about the man are the one’s in the wrong? Why should we accept him as a real conservative option? Just because he’s screaming loud about the Birther issue? So do some on the far-left (Birthers started there).

It takes more than calling for a birth certificate to actually deserve the support and the votes of conservatives who take the fate of this nation seriously. If you want proof of the celebrity candidate sinkhole, look at Governor Arnold.

MikeknaJ on April 19, 2011 at 7:47 PM

I cant wait you guys to try and vote this clown into office.

Obama 2012

Magnus on April 19, 2011 at 7:00 PM

Yeah.

I’ll see your swoon, and raise you a hope ‘n change cult.

You-Eh-Vee on April 19, 2011 at 7:34 PM

Yes exactly like that.

Magnus on April 19, 2011 at 7:49 PM

Heckle on April 19, 2011 at 7:47 PM

So what? That doesn’t mean he’s qualified to be President, that he’s conservative at all, or that he’d govern in a remotely conservative manner. I would think that should matter – what he actually would do as President to confront our 14 trillion debt, who he’d actually put on the SCOTUS, what he’s doing to do about terrorism, etc. You know, the trivial things like that.

And he’s not the only one – you’re ignoring the others for whatever reason.

MikeknaJ on April 19, 2011 at 7:49 PM

You have been pleading for someone to challenge Obama, really challenge Obama and now that you have finally got it, what do you do?

Heckle on April 19, 2011 at 7:53 PM

Heckle on April 19, 2011 at 7:41 PM

MikeknaJ on April 19, 2011 at 7:47 PM

Apparently thats all you need to do to get the conservative vote. Heckle’s statement is absolutely absurd, and you’ll see more of it as the cult of Trump takes over.

Magnus on April 19, 2011 at 7:53 PM

Heckle on April 19, 2011 at 7:35 PM

Hit a nerve, did I? I wasn’t talking to you.

JannyMae on April 19, 2011 at 7:55 PM

NewsBusters: ABC Grills Trump With Tough Questions, Provided Softballs for Dem Candidates in 2007

StewartIII on April 19, 2011 at 7:56 PM

Heckle on April 19, 2011 at 7:53 PM

He isn’t challenging anything. He is making himself and the rest of you guys look like fools. You all imagine, and I do mean imagine (as its all in your heads) that this guy somehow has Obama sh**ting on himself. Obama could care less about Trump until he has to face him in a primary. He knows what you refuse to believe, that he is eligible to be POTUS, and he is sitting back going on about his business while you guys go further down into the rabbit hole.

Magnus on April 19, 2011 at 7:57 PM

Heckle on April 19, 2011 at 7:53 PM

“Challenge Obama” by claiming that positions he’s taken on issues in the past don’t mean anything now? I call that, at the best, flip-flopping, and at the worst, dishonest.

I have no problem with him going after Obama. I want everyone possible to go after Obama, but I don’t trust Trump, and I don’t want him to be the Republican nominee for POTUS.

JannyMae on April 19, 2011 at 7:59 PM

Let me be sure I have this straight. We have been complaining about obama’s election, his hidden records (not just the LFBC) and his Marxist policies for over 2 years now. We have wailed, lamented, pleaded and demanded that SOMEONE step up to the plate. We said why isn’t anyone asking the big questions? Will no one help us? Has one person with any media pull appeared to have the courage to do it? NO! Along comes Donald Trump, a capitalist success story who says he loves this country, and does the very thing we have called for and there suddenly appears several posters who want to seriously knee cap him and get rid of him. Or they waffle and say things like well, he spoke out on Tuesday, but Wednesday is my favorite day, so he’s a fake. Have we fallen into an alternate universe or what?

Heckle on April 19, 2011 at 7:59 PM

That reminds me of the story about the drowning man who asked God for help. The man waved off a helicopter, even angerly shaking his fist at it, yelling that he was waiting for God to save him. Well, he drowned. At the Pearly Gates he told God that he had gone to church at least once a week and prayed to Him every evening, so he couldn’t understand why God let him drown. God said, “‘You idiot! I sent you a helicopter!”

Heckle on April 19, 2011 at 8:00 PM

BierManVA on April 19, 2011 at 7:30 PM

Careful there….

Well, it looks like Kloppenburg won. I am absolutely confident in that fact, and there is a 0% chance that I will later be proven incorrect.

This post will never come back to bite me.

crr6 on April 7, 2011 at 5:21 PM

LOLOLOLOLOLOL….

TheRightMan on April 19, 2011 at 8:03 PM

Watching the left get hammered by Trump makes me smile

LeeSeneca on April 19, 2011 at 8:08 PM

MikeknaJ on April 19, 2011 at 7:49 PM

Still throwing about the canard that “X is NOT qualified to be President?” Ha ha ha ha… I thought that ended with Palin. Obviously, our overlords continue to expand the list.

While I do not disagree with you with respect to Trump’s conservative bonafides, I personally welcome any Tom, Dick, and Harry to run for the GOP spot. That is democracy! If they are able to make their case to GOP primary voters, they win… if not, too bad!

What I do NOT get is Rove and his inside-the-beltway know-it-alls always jumping the gun to tell the rest of us how to think. Why can’t they spend the time between now and the end of primary season educating America about the dangers of re-electing Obama and concentrate on driving up his negatives?

Same play as with Christine O’Donnell, they proceed to tear up their own rather than the opposition and then sit back trying to fulfill their own prophecy if their labeled “damaged-goods candidate” wins the nomination?

TheRightMan on April 19, 2011 at 8:16 PM

ButterflyDragon on April 19, 2011 at 7:34 PM

Campaign Finance Reform prevents that. Thanks, McCain!

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on April 19, 2011 at 8:17 PM

Heckle on April 19, 2011 at 7:41 PM

Just imagine if Rove and Kraut had treated Obama like they treated ‘Crazy Christine’.

fossten on April 19, 2011 at 8:20 PM

I wonder if Palin and Trump are working together to deflect and keep the msm busy while Sarah gets ready? It would be genius!

O/T: Anyone catch Kirsten Powers today saying that Palin and Bachmann should get vocal coaches because they screech? LMAO

maineconservative on April 19, 2011 at 8:26 PM

What sickens me is the instinctive attacks you see from Republicans when anyone on the left is really challenged. Rove, Krauthammer, George Will, and so many of the others reserve their harshest criticism for those on the right. That criticism become near hysterical when a Palin, or a Trump starts to land any blows against the leftists.

We saw this with McCain when he ran against Obama, we saw it with Bush/Rove when they played nice with the leftists while being savaged in the press.

The Democrats are going to win in 2012, the GOP is going to make certain of it.

sharrukin on April 19, 2011 at 8:27 PM

He is the one on the field challenging Obama as no one has before.
Heckle on April 19, 2011 at 7:47 PM

God, it pains me to say this, but: “Sarah Palin”.

Oh, but wait, that’s right, she actually challenges him on issues and policy, not bizarre conspiracy theories that make all who take them seriously look like lunatics.

Vyce on April 19, 2011 at 8:29 PM

BierManVA on April 19, 2011 at 7:30 PM

That may be the case, but he is serving a useful purpose right now that no one else can do, so just sit back and enjoy the ride. He’s the only person who can take on the media and get by with it – I love it!

silvernana on April 19, 2011 at 8:31 PM

Half of you would be better off going over and posting at Kos.

The Notorious G.O.P on April 19, 2011 at 7:30 PM

Says who?

silvernana on April 19, 2011 at 8:32 PM

they all want romney. period. Rove loves him. They all love him. Billy O couldn’t even call Establishment republicans “rinos”. He called them “measured” out of courtesy for mr. Rove just 15 minutes ago tonight.

F’ all of this. Until someone grows a pair like Trump or Palin, we are going to lose big time.

That’s why Trump is rising and Kraut can go cry all he wants just like him and Rove TRASHED O’donell for weeks instead of helping her win.

johnnyboy on April 19, 2011 at 8:34 PM

fossten on April 19, 2011 at 8:20 PM

sharrukin on April 19, 2011 at 8:27 PM

It is to laugh.

Neither of you really actually read or listen to Krauthammer, do you. In fact, I’d bet every dollar in my bank account that neither of you do, except when you hear from some third party that he maybe said something less than flattering about Palin.

Truth is, he’s been a constant critic of Obama, ever since the man was elected, and some of that criticism has been particularly caustic. He even does it on shows like Inside Washington, a program that airs here in D.C., where it’s Kraut holding his own (and usually winning) as the lone conservative commentator on a panel with no less than three liberal talking heads (such as Nina Totenberg).

The difference is, of course, his criticisms are usually quite intelligent, even clever, which puts him apart from shrill jackasses like Levin, who apparently is eagerly attempting to fill the void left by Michael Savage, now that the latter has fallen into irrelevance.

Vyce on April 19, 2011 at 8:35 PM

I want to hear the names of conservative Republicans who agreed with it.

disa on April 19, 2011 at 9:25 PM

I’m hearing too mush: I’d rather have the country continue going into economic and military and demographic and cultural oblivion under the catastrophically-incompetent “leaderships” of Barry H. Obama than vote for someone better than him who doesn’t fit my wish list for conscervative perfection, and not enough: OBAMA SUCKS AND MUST BE VOTED OUT, WHOEVER IT TAKES TO DO IT!

From Rove, Krauthammer, et al.
The attacks should ALL be aimed at Obama.

Period.

The rest is diversionary, ammunition-wasting idiocy.

ATTACK BARACK!

profitsbeard on April 19, 2011 at 10:50 PM

Reading this comment section reminds me of a Dirty Harry movie. No matter how many bad guys Harry/Donald takes out, his superior Mayor and Police chief types want to see him stopped… for some ideological issues. Repeat after me: The enemy of my enemy is my friend. A lot of up tight conservatives on Hot Air need a refresher course in enemy recognition.

jimw on April 19, 2011 at 10:55 PM

You know….I have to admit, I love the way he shoves it down their throat!

Just saying…

katy on April 19, 2011 at 6:40 PM

I agree.

Whether Trump is a serious candidate or not…at least he is not so dam# wishy-washy and evasive when it comes to the liberal press.
You will never see George here question Obama like that about all of this flip flops and broken promises.

Baxter Greene on April 19, 2011 at 11:19 PM

We’ve seen your birth certificate Steffi. It has Clinton’s boy written all over it.

viking01 on April 19, 2011 at 11:41 PM

Trump keeps talking and I keep liking him. He will absolutely NOT let those lib worms get the best of him. Or anyone else for that matter. He makes good points and provides substantiation. Far better than your average bear. Of course establishment RINOs hate him.

By the way, fire Boehner (sp?)!!

That is NOT what we voted for.

Sherman1864 on April 19, 2011 at 11:53 PM

Don’t mistake enjoying the Trump Circus for anything more than just that. Why worry at this point what he’s going to do regarding running and just have fun watching someone yell louder than the LSM.

Why waste energy so soon? Enjoy the show and hope one of the thousands of sound bites being lobbed actually hit something. Even better, wish for someone to react in an inappropriate and damaging manner.

There’s no loss here yet.

kim roy on April 19, 2011 at 11:57 PM

“That may be the case, but he is serving a useful purpose right now…” – silvermana

Yes he is. For Obama and the MSM!

The pro-TRUMPeteers around here are either stupid or Democrat plants.

Most likely Democrat plants because NO conservative could EVER take Donald Trump seriously as a candidate.

Al-Ozarka on April 20, 2011 at 6:43 AM

Anyone who angers the RINO’s is doing the job that needs to be done. But that doesn’t mean Trump, Ron Paul, or Palin are electable. And without electability, Obama gets 4 more years. And that means more opportunity to stack the courts with the traitor progressives.

csdeven on April 20, 2011 at 7:32 AM