Hot Air Candidate Approval results

posted at 9:30 am on April 19, 2011 by Patrick Ishmael

I’m going to start off with the Presidential picks even though it’s secondary to our main purpose, and then get to the nitty gritty in the rest of the data. As always, contact me if you have questions or comments; the number of approaches I could take to highlight the data are nearly endless, so tell me if you have a particular wrinkle in mind. 7222 readers participated in the survey.

Sarah Palin once again leads the Primary race among Hot Air readers. She is again followed by Herman Cain in second. Tim Pawlenty and Mitch Daniels take third and fourth place respectively, while Mitt Romney leads a very tight pack of Rand Paul and Michele Bachmann, in fifth.

As always, the numbers are pretty consistent month to month, with the candidate spread widening as people leave the field and votes get reassigned.

There are a lot of ways to look at the favorability data, so since I’ve laid out the overall vote already, let’s start that way. As a reminder, favorability questions were based on a 1-to-7 scale, with 7 being the highest mark.

The blue line is the overall approval average of a candidate. The red line is a peer average — that is, the candidate’s favorability with those who said they voted for someone else. You’ll note that the peer average is always lower than the overall average, since candidates’ supporters have an interest in giving their person marks higher than everyone else.

Supporters on average gave their candidate a rating of 6.49. Non-supporters on average gave those candidates a 3.60 rating. The field as a whole was rated at 3.76, or roughly average-to-below average.

The following chart is sorted by average supporter rating. For what it’s worth, I think it’s fair to call this a measure of supporter “intensity.”

This next graph is the same as the graph above, but rearranged by peer average.

One bar sticks way out. Sarah Palin is well-liked at Hot Air even among those who don’t support her for President, but I think a lot of the flame wars that break out in the comments section are a result of this approval/intensity disparity. Lots of strong Palin supporters skew the overall average up, but when you remove those voters, you get an idea of where everyone else is at. You’ll also note that the farther to the left you go on this chart, the greater the “grassroots rockstar,” but approval doesn’t always translate into votes. Compare to the totals at the top of this post.

Since Donald Trump is presently newsworthy, I’ll also point out that he’s the second-least favored candidate in the Hot Air field. The least favored is, surprisingly, Jon Huntsman, who I didn’t think had yet garnered a high enough profile to illicit that kind of a distinction. We’ll see if that changes going forward.

The overall results follow for each candidate, broken down by rating. Again, this is without supporters removed.

We’ll do another formal Presidential survey in just a few weeks. Stay tuned.

This post was promoted from GreenRoom to HotAir.com.
To see the comments on the original post, look here.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 7

21 votes for Huntsman? There are some funny people here on HA.

Doughboy on April 19, 2011 at 9:31 AM

I see Bolton is doing quite well on approval, if not on first choice. He must rate high with Palin supporters.

Count to 10 on April 19, 2011 at 9:32 AM

Thanks Patrick

Not surprised about huntsman, working for dear leader would not sit well with the HA family

cmsinaz on April 19, 2011 at 9:33 AM

Well, I gave Rand a pop this time. But I’d be happy as a pig in mud with a Palin/Cain ticket.

petefrt on April 19, 2011 at 9:33 AM

ROFL at Newt.

Bishop on April 19, 2011 at 9:34 AM

Palin or Rand Paul.

tetriskid on April 19, 2011 at 9:34 AM

‘Cuda ‘Cuda’ Cuda ‘Cuda ‘Cuda’ Cuda ‘Cuda ‘Cuda’ Cuda!!

44Magnum on April 19, 2011 at 9:35 AM

ROFL at Newt.

Bishop on April 19, 2011 at 9:34 AM

Or Huckabee?

Count to 10 on April 19, 2011 at 9:36 AM

Palin or Rand Paul.

tetriskid on April 19, 2011 at 9:34 AM

And I think Rand is seriously disinclined to run this cycle, though I’m leaving room for whatever surprises may come.

gryphon202 on April 19, 2011 at 9:36 AM

How can a governor who quit in the middle of her term be a frontrunner in this poll? She gives a really good speech, but when it comes down to doing the job she’s quits when the going gets tough. Show’s lack of dedication, integrity and cowardice. This is not someone I want to be president. How is she the frontrunner? Someone please explain it to me.

Tommy_G on April 19, 2011 at 9:37 AM

Patrick could you include Walker in your VP list on your next poll?

unseen on April 19, 2011 at 9:38 AM

crr6 voted for Palin! Count it!

steebo77 on April 19, 2011 at 9:38 AM

It looks pretty clear that Gingrich, Huntsman, Romney and Trump should probably just hang up their spurs as far as this site is concerned.

I think these results also bear out the very reasonable position that you can like Palin without supporting her for president, and that not suporting her for President does not make someone a Mittbot.

KingGold on April 19, 2011 at 9:38 AM

Palin/Cain

IowaWoman on April 19, 2011 at 9:38 AM

As goes HA, so goes the nation… I wish.

profitsbeard on April 19, 2011 at 9:38 AM

Because the voters were required to list zip code (assuming they told the truth) I would like to see a breakdown geographically

Not sure if it has any meaning but it would be interesting. Mainly due to the fact that those on the west coast really have no say in the primaries

Ditkaca on April 19, 2011 at 9:39 AM

cmsinaz on April 19, 2011 at 9:33 AM

Yeah, and working with Hu Jintao’s pretty bad too.

I’ll be here all week. Tip your waitress.

KingGold on April 19, 2011 at 9:40 AM

petefrt on April 19, 2011 at 9:33 AM

Actually, my first choice for 2012 is ‘Draft Cristie’, and give Palin, Paul, Cain a little more time.

petefrt on April 19, 2011 at 9:40 AM

Tommy_G on April 19, 2011 at 9:37 AM

when are you PDSer’s going to understand the resignation is a dog that will not hunt. If you all think that is your ticket to stopping Palin she will steamroll you all. You need to get NEW talking points. If the resignation hasn’t stopped her for the last 2 years it will not stop her now. It’s old news. It has been defended and ALL people have made up their minds on it either way. It no longer is even on the radar.

unseen on April 19, 2011 at 9:41 AM

Man, I can’t wait until we choose another candidate that has his thumb constantly in our eye.

The Mega Independent on April 19, 2011 at 9:42 AM

cmsinaz on April 19, 2011 at 9:33 AM
Yeah, and working with Hu Jintao’s pretty bad too.

I’ll be here all week. Tip your waitress.

KingGold on April 19, 2011 at 9:40 AM

And quitting his last two jobs to further his career doesn’t sit well.

unseen on April 19, 2011 at 9:42 AM

Palin or Rand Paul.

tetriskid on April 19, 2011 at 9:34 AM

they have completely different policy positions on some major issues so really don’t see how you pair an extreme Paleo with Palin.

that said, he ain’t running…his crank father is and he’ll endorse and campaign for him trying to persuade some of you to go paultard.

jp on April 19, 2011 at 9:43 AM

cmsinaz on April 19, 2011 at 9:33 AM

Yeah, and working with Hu Jintao’s pretty bad too.
I’ll be here all week. Tip your waitress.
KingGold on April 19, 2011 at 9:40 AM

And quitting his last two jobs to further his career doesn’t sit well.
unseen on April 19, 2011 at 9:42 AM

He also quit high school.

steebo77 on April 19, 2011 at 9:45 AM

I didn’t see Scott Brown or Mike Castle on that list, why?

Bishop on April 19, 2011 at 9:46 AM

Sarah’s closest competitor, Herman Cain, who is great, himself, only got 30% of her vote total. Imagine that.
And the Republican Moderate flavor du jour Mittens got 19%.
Mr. Truce, JetBoy’s fave, came in ahead of Romney with 20%.
Clearly, Palin’s support is fading.///

kingsjester on April 19, 2011 at 9:46 AM

Great job! Thanks, Patrick.

4Freedom on April 19, 2011 at 9:46 AM

I hope that Palin getting this early attention makes other serious candidates work harder on their messaging. Palin is a sideshow.

Adamski on April 19, 2011 at 9:47 AM

Palin/West my first choice.
Palin/Cain my second choice.

Rock on Sarah…

Keemo on April 19, 2011 at 9:47 AM

I didn’t see Scott Brown or Mike Castle on that list, why?

Bishop on April 19, 2011 at 9:46 AM

They’re on the other list with Joe Scarborough and Charlie Crist.

steebo77 on April 19, 2011 at 9:48 AM

Fascinating.

Jaibones on April 19, 2011 at 9:48 AM

Tommy_G on April 19, 2011 at 9:37 AM

Gladly.

She “quit” a tactically dead-end position in a state which allows for PERSONALLY VERY EXPENSE political / legal harassment lawsuits in order to move onto the greater stage, fundraise in the lower 48 (lower 55 according to Obama), raise her national profile, and theereby avoid being boxed in by her national Democratic rivals in a pointless, bankrupting game of gotcha lawsuit nonsense in a relatively remote state.

It was either stay and fight an neverending series of ultimately baseless legal claims… that you have to pay out of your own pocket to defend against… or step down gracefully and let your secure, stable state not be an arena for such a nitpicking partisan circus.

Clear?

(And, had she simply stayed on this thankless job, no one would have said anything better about her. In fact, they would have considered her a fool and a sucker for falling for such a trite political trick. And said as much if she ran in 2012. It was a lose-lose for her, whatever she choose, with those Dems, etc. who hate her… because she is EFFECTIVE IN CRITICZING OBAMA.)

profitsbeard on April 19, 2011 at 9:50 AM

Anyone else notice that Palin’s support has INCREASED since the atrart of the month.

Game On.

unseen on April 19, 2011 at 9:50 AM

Count to 10 on April 19, 2011 at 9:32 AM

Yes he does….well at least with this Palin supporter.

I can’t think of anyone, not anyone else that could fill the SOS spot in a Palin administration.

tencole on April 19, 2011 at 9:51 AM

Whoa, who knew Romney would do so well in the “highly disapprove” category.

//extreme snark

conservative pilgrim on April 19, 2011 at 9:51 AM

Game On!

It’s interesting that these numbers pretty much mirror the monthly poll taken by Townhall. Hmmmm…

I think after Palin officially enters the race that her fund raising numbers will blow most of the opposition out of the race.

JimK on April 19, 2011 at 9:52 AM

Whoa, who knew Romney would do so well in the “highly disapprove” category.

conservative pilgrim on April 19, 2011 at 9:52 AM

Oops. Sorry for the double post!

conservative pilgrim on April 19, 2011 at 9:52 AM

Tommy_G on April 19, 2011 at 9:37 AM

Since your whole post is either based on stupidity, ignorance or dishonesty, no need to explain anything to you. Any explanation to you would be a waste of time.

NoNails on April 19, 2011 at 9:53 AM

profitsbeard on April 19, 2011 at 9:50 AM

I like your enthusiasm. I’m not sure I agree with your breakdown, but it’s good to see some civil fight.

Abby Adams on April 19, 2011 at 9:53 AM

And thanks again Patrick!

I like the shiny bright colors.

conservative pilgrim on April 19, 2011 at 9:53 AM

:) kg

cmsinaz on April 19, 2011 at 9:53 AM

“who I didn’t think had yet garnered a high enough profile to illicit that kind of a distinction.”

That’s elicit, Patrick, though, on an attitudinal level, illicit is about where I put his integrity.

Dusty on April 19, 2011 at 9:54 AM

Patrick is there anyway you can label the first graph differently since all the candidates are grouped in the bottom it is hard to judge which canidate is gaining or losing support. Maybe include results of previous polls or use different colors or label the lines.

unseen on April 19, 2011 at 9:54 AM

NoNails on April 19, 2011 at 9:53 AM

Aww, you know this is bait. Don’t bite!

conservative pilgrim on April 19, 2011 at 9:54 AM

21 votes for Huntsman? There are some funny people here on HA.

Doughboy on April 19, 2011 at 9:31 AM

That was crr6 through crr26.

fossten on April 19, 2011 at 9:54 AM

Why no Buddy Roemer?

steebo77 on April 19, 2011 at 9:54 AM

It’s clear who the Progressives and their media fear the most; that would be Sarah. This woman lives in their heads 24/7 and has the potential to eat Obama’s lunch with one single tweet.

Keemo on April 19, 2011 at 9:54 AM

petefrt on April 19, 2011 at 9:33 AM

I’d love, love, love a Palin/West ticket but seriously, I’d be happy with a Palin/anyone she chooses ticket. :)

tencole on April 19, 2011 at 9:54 AM

Yes he does….well at least with this Palin supporter.

tencole on April 19, 2011 at 9:51 AM

I pulled for Bolton on this one, but I give Palin high marks.

Count to 10 on April 19, 2011 at 9:55 AM

And the Republican Moderate flavor du jour Mittens got 19%.
Mr. Truce, JetBoy’s fave, came in ahead of Romney with 20%.
Clearly, Palin’s support is fading.///

kingsjester on April 19, 2011 at 9:46 AM

And yet the Palin hate appears to be strong in HA regularly.

Just goes to show you that the loudest voices are not necessarily the most voices.

fossten on April 19, 2011 at 9:56 AM

Why no Buddy Roemer?

steebo77 on April 19, 2011 at 9:54 AM

And Andy Martin and Ole Savior, too!
And Fred Karger and Jimmy McMillan!

KingGold on April 19, 2011 at 9:57 AM

profitsbeard on April 19, 2011 at 9:50 AM

Abby Adams on April 19, 2011 at 9:53 AM

I’m practicing the civility that you don’t get from the opposition.

profitsbeard on April 19, 2011 at 9:57 AM

ROFL at Newt.

Bishop on April 19, 2011 at 9:34 AM

Heh. Someone show this to Newt & Huckster’s analysts. Both are linearly “stepping” down in approval rating from worst to nadir. And Mittens is not too far after the steep dropoff from worst to the 3 point flat spot.

But let’s keep them all in the running to contrast the debate on who’s better and who’s worst.

The more I think about it the more I want to see a free-for-all debate every month by these contenders — staring this August. The MSM need not apply to host the series. Each month the debates should be moderated by various respected commentators. My short list would be as follows: Brit Hume, Chris Wallace, VDH, Cap’n Ed, Steyn, Powerline trio, Megyn Kelly, Rush, Levin.

AH_C on April 19, 2011 at 9:58 AM

Nice work Patrick, thank you.

Mord on April 19, 2011 at 9:59 AM

Problem is she will NEVER win!

xler8bmw on April 19, 2011 at 9:59 AM

I don’t get the love for MB vs her vote total. she is down around the Mitt level in votes yet recieves high level of support. Is that people’s way of saying they like her but don’t think she is ready for the big time?

unseen on April 19, 2011 at 9:59 AM

ROFL at Newt.

Bishop on April 19, 2011 at 9:34 AM

Newt / Pelosi 2072!

profitsbeard on April 19, 2011 at 10:00 AM

Tommy_G on April 19, 2011 at 9:37 AM

Is THAT all you got? blah, blah, blah.

tencole on April 19, 2011 at 10:00 AM

Dusty on April 19, 2011 at 9:54 AM

Oy. What I get for writing this at 6am. Thanks.

Patrick Ishmael on April 19, 2011 at 10:00 AM

xler8bmw on April 19, 2011 at 9:59 AM

Says the totally baised MSM polls. I’m going with evidence on the gorund not the MSM polls who have a dog in the fight.

unseen on April 19, 2011 at 10:01 AM

Newt / Pelosi 2072!
profitsbeard on April 19, 2011 at 10:00 AM

Just in time for PBHO’s budget projections to show as balanced.

Bishop on April 19, 2011 at 10:02 AM

Is THAT all you got? blah, blah, blah.

tencole on April 19, 2011 at 10:00 AM

It’s all that is needed. Yes she can hunt, yes she’s a good wife and mother, yes she can give a good speech to the base. When it comes down to leadership she failed. Leadership is what we need.

Tommy_G on April 19, 2011 at 10:05 AM

West is the best choice in these dangerous times.

frizzbee on April 19, 2011 at 10:06 AM

fossten on April 19, 2011 at 9:56 AM

Yep…sort of like a rally recently in Madison. ;)

tencole on April 19, 2011 at 10:06 AM

Let the pitbull out of the cage.

xax on April 19, 2011 at 10:06 AM

fossten on April 19, 2011 at 9:56 AM

Expand that theory to the electorate at large, and Palin’s in huge trouble for 2012. Just keep that in mind.

KingGold on April 19, 2011 at 10:07 AM

Too bad she’s not running.

Dagny Taggart 2012!

NickDeringer on April 19, 2011 at 10:08 AM

Selecting Palin shows he intelligence of the Hotair audience

georgealbert on April 19, 2011 at 10:08 AM

So I have a serious question.

Does anyone else Like Palin, but can’t stand her voice?

It has nothing to do with the dialect.

It has to do with the octave.

I have often thought that the best male singers in the world cannot compete with the best female singers.

Womens voices just sound better.

But making a political speech…

I swear its like fingernails on a chalkboard.

(Although, i think Backmann doesn’t suffer this so much.)

It makes me cringe. I have to check the transcripts to find out what was said because i can’t listen to the speech.

I feel log a dog and someone is blowing the high pitch whistle.

Make it stop plz.

Anyway the question:

Does anyone else feel this way?

And are women immune to this?

Thune on April 19, 2011 at 10:09 AM

I wonder what will happen with Hot Air when the Lady of the Perpetual Whine announce that she’s not running and later when Mitt Romney or Mitch Daniel become the Republican Nominee.

Falz on April 19, 2011 at 10:09 AM

I think the Rating without Support speaks volumes. The tops were Palin, Paul, Bachman, or Cain.

It is also refreshing to See Newt and Huck get horrible ratings.

One other question… Who the heck is Gary Johnson? That is one of the most generic names I have ever heard and I have no idea who he is. But I would still vote for him over Odumbo.

Next we need to skew the results with Liberals voting in the Republican Primary in some states.

jeffn21 on April 19, 2011 at 10:09 AM

Palin hasn’t quit on us. She takes the fight to the Left every day. What other politician (besides Cain!) would make a huge speech in Madison WI, taking on union protesters? Who was the first declared/presumed candidate to knock Obama on QE2/inflation? On the heath care debacle? On issue after issue she is out front making our case when our elected Republicans are too afraid to say anything definitive.

alwaysfiredup on April 19, 2011 at 10:09 AM

And by the way, not only is she running, she will be sworn in Jan 2013, and you can take that to the bank

georgealbert on April 19, 2011 at 10:09 AM

Thune on April 19, 2011 at 10:09 AM

I agree! Although when Palin gives a speech indoors in front of a microphone ii isn’t as bad. It comes from when women have to talk really load over the reverb.

jeffn21 on April 19, 2011 at 10:10 AM

Selecting Palin shows he intelligence of the Hotair audience

georgealbert on April 19, 2011 at 10:08 AM

Donkey, go away.

Thune on April 19, 2011 at 10:10 AM

unseen on April 19, 2011 at 10:01 AM

Nothing to do with MSM it is a fact she will never get elected. The american public is not ready to vote a republican woman nor probably a democratic candidate. Take it from someone that has run for congress and has an understanding of the typical voter. Not people like us that would like to see her win.

xler8bmw on April 19, 2011 at 10:11 AM

And are women immune to this?

Thune on April 19, 2011 at 10:09 AM

Women’s voices are higher. Deal with it.

alwaysfiredup on April 19, 2011 at 10:11 AM

And yet the Palin hate appears to be strong in HA regularly.

fossten on April 19, 2011 at 9:56 AM

That sword cuts two ways, fossten. HotAir is not exactly an American election bellwhether, is it?

And as for “Palin hate” here, don’t be silly. She is adored here, almost universally, even among those of us who will not support her as a candidate for President (me).

Jaibones on April 19, 2011 at 10:11 AM

unseen on April 19, 2011 at 9:59 AM

“Not ready for the big time” is right.
MB is a great “cheerleader” but I gotta say, that sometimes she comes across as not the brightest bulb in the box.
The thought of MB speaking policy with foreign dignitaries scares the crud out of me.

I like MB rousing up the troops but POTUS…no thanks.

tencole on April 19, 2011 at 10:12 AM

Mitt Romney or Mitch Daniel become the Republican Nominee.

Falz on April 19, 2011 at 10:09 AM

As a life long republican I will leave the party. simple as that.

unseen on April 19, 2011 at 10:12 AM

KingGold on April 19, 2011 at 10:07 AM

Palin is not running. She will be “King Maker” in this election. Even if she did run, she can’t beet Obama. The only person who can go at Obama and win is Allen West. And he’s not running either.

NickDeringer on April 19, 2011 at 10:12 AM

Newt / Pelosi 2072!

profitsbeard on April 19, 2011 at 10:00 AM

Just in time for PBHO’s budget projections to show as balanced.

Bishop on April 19, 2011 at 10:02 AM

LOL!

The crucial solar windmill voters will tip them over the top!

profitsbeard on April 19, 2011 at 10:12 AM

xler8bmw on April 19, 2011 at 10:11 AM

Did you run for congress in a “red” or “blue” state? ‘Cuz it doesn’t matter how much the blue-staters hate her. As long as the red-staters turn out, she can win.

alwaysfiredup on April 19, 2011 at 10:13 AM

I like MB rousing up the troops but POTUS…no thanks.

tencole on April 19, 2011 at 10:12 AM

Hey I liked what you did there:)

unseen on April 19, 2011 at 10:13 AM

Jaibones on April 19, 2011 at 10:11 AM

I wish I had your elocution, I get a lot of hate.

Tommy_G on April 19, 2011 at 10:15 AM

After the Palin results I keep imagining AllahP donning a brown paper bag, Skyping Bloggingheads’ Bob Wright and pitching himself as UnknownPundit The Anti-Kaus.

Stephen M on April 19, 2011 at 10:15 AM

I wish I had your elocution, I get a lot of hate.

Tommy_G on April 19, 2011 at 10:15 AM

That’s because Jaibones doesn’t gratuitously and falsely insult Palin when saying he won’t vote for her.

alwaysfiredup on April 19, 2011 at 10:15 AM

NickDeringer on April 19, 2011 at 10:12 AM

sorry but that dog isn’t going to hunt either. The “she isn’t running” meme went out the window Sat with The Speech. there is nothing lamer than a poster that holds on to a discredited meme. Let is go, accept the new reality and find another talking point.

Palin discredited this one.

unseen on April 19, 2011 at 10:15 AM

The other part that struck me as funny is the hate for Mitt Romney among commenters who love Don Trump. Romney actually is the candidate that Trump’s fans think he is: a successful, legitimate businessman with a comprehensive understanding of our economic environment.

Ah, but then there is MittCare in Mass … and he will never survive it, politically.

Jaibones on April 19, 2011 at 10:16 AM

Newt / Pelosi 2072!

profitsbeard on April 19, 2011 at 10:00 AM

They can keep that couch warm until then.

steebo77 on April 19, 2011 at 10:16 AM

I’ve learned enough to know that I don’t want to waste my time learning anything more.

I hope Huntsman, Romney, and Huckabee flame out quickly. And I’m fine if some darkhorse jumps in late (Ryan, Pence, Christie). But the GOP nominee has to be conservative and has to be willing and able to destroy Obama on his record. One of the meme’s should be that Obama shouldn’t be allowed to ask for four more years based on a slogan that his first four were George Bush clean-up effort. That dog don’t hunt.

BuckeyeSam on April 19, 2011 at 10:17 AM

Very happy with the results and as others mentioned with John Boltons approval numbers he has to be considered for a very high ranking cabinet appointment.

fourdeucer on April 19, 2011 at 10:17 AM

Would be incredibly curious to see what would happen if Palin wasn’t an option in the poll. 35% is a huge percentage. Wonder how that’d split out for the other candidates. .

nickj116 on April 19, 2011 at 10:17 AM

Jaibones on April 19, 2011 at 10:16 AM

As well he shouldn’t. If Romneycare wasn’t a shining example of socialized (I said socialized, not unconstitutional) medicine advocacy, then what they hell is it?

gryphon202 on April 19, 2011 at 10:18 AM

cmsinaz on April 19, 2011 at 9:33 AM

Yeah, and working with Hu Jintao’s pretty bad too.

I’ll be here all week. Tip your waitress.

KingGold on April 19, 2011 at 9:40 AM

And quitting his last two jobs to further his career doesn’t sit well.

unseen on April 19, 2011 at 9:42 AM

Yes, because clearly one such quit is all you’re allowed here at HA.

cschande on April 19, 2011 at 10:18 AM

So I have a serious question.
Thune on April 19, 2011 at 10:09 AM

Doesn’t bother me at all. I don’t think I’m sophisticated enough to notice. Been to too many sporting events, parades and parties with women shouting at the top of their lungs. Pretty normal to me. Don’t worry. She won’t have to shout in her first SOTU speech.

Dongemaharu on April 19, 2011 at 10:18 AM

Yes, because clearly one such quit is all you’re allowed here at HA.

cschande on April 19, 2011 at 10:18 AM

“One such quit” isn’t really accurate, since the “quits” in question are actually quite different.

Speaking of quitting, do you know why Huck went off the diet?

steebo77 on April 19, 2011 at 10:20 AM

Jaibones on April 19, 2011 at 10:11 AM

First how do you know Hotair is not a bellweather for the American election?

The people on hotair has been correct for the most part in 2009 and 2010. There was a very large majority at hotair in 2008 that worried McCain could not win. Called Rudy for the flmae out he was and knew that Mitt was a flipflippoer whoes chances of winning the primary were slime to none.

As far as I can see hotair is pretty good at politics at least as good as the “pros”

As far as the Palin hate it’s there but it is a vocal minority.

unseen on April 19, 2011 at 10:20 AM

Speaking of quitting, do you know why Huck went off the diet?

steebo77 on April 19, 2011 at 10:20 AM