Oh my: Palin’s website suddenly looking campaign-ready

posted at 8:22 pm on April 18, 2011 by Allahpundit

Looks good, and it’s clearly intended to make a statement coming so soon after her gangbusters Wisconsin speech. I’m especially intrigued by the “Request an Event” feature; neither Huckabee’s nor Romney’s website has a section like that. Politico speculates that it’s her way of better organizing her speaking invitations, but major institutions aren’t going to reach out via a web interface. I think it’s there to emphasize her connection to her grassroots supporters, suggesting that she’ll consider any request from someone who’s interested in hosting her, not just the big players who can contact her team through back channels. Or maybe it’s a sign (or red herring?) of her intentions: The site looks like a campaign site, but if she’s planning enough speaking engagements that she needs a “Request an Event” interface, then perhaps she’s not doing any campaigning after all. No one would blame her if she decided to pass. After all, who wants to face the fearsome Jon Huntsman juggernaut in South Carolina?

Via Rebel Pundit, here’s video of the left’s reaction to the new site. Exit question: Is this effectively the end of her Facebook posts? Looks like everything she writes will be republished at Sarah PAC anyway, and since there’s a prominent donation button right there, it makes sense to make that the exclusive site for her writing. (There’s a donation button at Facebook too, but it’s less prominent and only takes you to Sarah PAC anyway.)

Comments

Comment pages: 1 4 5 6

powerpro on April 19, 2011 at 1:10 AM

Same here. Unless they get into the slurs, etc. that you mentioned, I don’t bother to engage.

I figure those who are really opposed to her for what they see as legit reasons are not going to change their minds no matter what I say.

Likewise, there is no way in hell that they are going to change my mind. So there’s no point in wasting blog space on that argument. Time and the primary process will tell. Then we go from there.

predator on April 19, 2011 at 1:16 AM

Ok,I’m out. It’s been real folks. Back to work from vacation starting tomorrow, so I’ll see ya’ll next Sunday night.

predator on April 19, 2011 at 1:25 AM

So a guy walks into a bar and orders a cucumber sandwich. Bartender says, “Here ya go, Mitt”.

crosspatch on April 19, 2011 at 12:23 AM

ROFLMAO!

shmendrick on April 19, 2011 at 1:45 AM

So, is it true? Myth’s middle name is not Mitt, but MILTON?

bigmike on April 19, 2011 at 1:55 AM

…She has more than my vote. I’m doing everything I can to help her win the nomination and the general election because she’s proven herself to be a leader I can have faith in…not because of vague, empty promises or slogans…but because she is a leader with the right ideas that will help save our Republic…and she has the guts to take on whoever capitulates to the leftists.

powerpro on April 19, 2011 at 12:44 AM

/just thought I’d throw that out there to be on record.

ornery_independent on April 19, 2011 at 2:01 AM

All right. I’ve read the first four pages. I read every Sarah Palin thread here.

Juveniles continue to bash each other over their historical HA enmity/debates/COD and etc. rubbish. Gahhh.

I’m a relatively ‘old’ person – 57 – and I swear, every Sarah thread at HA brings out the same ‘ole middle school food fights /and trolls/Petunias as well.

Grow up.

We have our country to save.

Opinionator on April 19, 2011 at 2:42 AM

Why are we even engaging Petunia and her recycled talking points? She has NOT brought any new anti palin points to any Palin thread in weeks, if not months. Also, most of her anti Palin talking points are either deliberate misrepresentations of the real truth, or a deliberate, on purpose, lack of personal comprehension on petunia’s behalf. She consistently ignores Palin’s multi billion dollar surplus that she left with the state of Alaska, she deliberately ignores the laws on the books that allowed political enemies of either party to bankrupt a sitting governor with unfounded ethics complaints, she ignores the pipeline deal, she ignores her executive leadership in wasilla, she ignores palin’s time served on that oil board in alaska, she ignores palin’s record in putting political hacks in jail (from her OWN party), which is why the political elites in the republican party hate her.

Seems to me, since the political elites are the ones letting us down now with the budget deficits, Palin is the one to lead the charge to remove all of them from power. She did it in alaska, she can do it in DC.

Petunia, STFU!!! Until you can bring something NEW to the table, just STFU.

karenhasfreedom on April 19, 2011 at 4:05 AM

victor82 on April 18, 2011 at 8:57 PM

Outstanding post darlin! You win the prize.

Jayrae on April 19, 2011 at 4:06 AM

I did like Hunter, too. Tancredo was all right but a bit too comfortable with the NAU folks.

MadisonConservative on April 18, 2011 at 11:19 PM

I voted for Hunter in the primaries.

IowaWoman on April 19, 2011 at 5:06 AM

No one comes close to the level of grassroots support Palin has at her command. Palin supporters are ready, willing and able to jump into action the minute she announces. You can’t buy that kind of loyalty and enthusiasm. That speech in Wisconsin has them fired up because they know she always means what she says – and she said; “game on.”

Done That on April 19, 2011 at 5:47 AM

and she said; “game on.”

Done That on April 19, 2011 at 5:47 AM

I have never worked on anyone’s political campaign and would never consider doing so before. But for SP I’m all in. Her campaign announcement could be two historic words: “Let’s roll”.

SKYFOX on April 19, 2011 at 6:40 AM

I still say she’s not running……..she has continued to say she doesn’t need a title.

She has a bully pulpit on Fox, a schedule she controls, and that option to schedule a event?….that would indicate to me she’s not serious about a run.

Besides that ALL THE POLLS show us the Hillbilly from Wasilly can’t win.

And we know….the polls never change, and they are always right.

PappyD61 on April 19, 2011 at 7:04 AM

Yay. Run, Sarah run!

bitsy on April 19, 2011 at 7:26 AM

Lol. That video is hilarious.

bitsy on April 19, 2011 at 7:29 AM

Sarah is brilliant! She makes it look like she’s going to run to get the Palinista’s to empty their pocket books!

csdeven on April 19, 2011 at 8:39 AM

‘Cuda

Dan Pet on April 19, 2011 at 8:48 AM

Re the request an event on her web site. SP does a lot of charity events and did one in Missoula, Mt. last year. She auctioned off a T shirt and matched the bud herself. They may be making it easier for them to contact her for this reason.

Kissmygrits on April 19, 2011 at 8:54 AM

PappyD61 on April 19, 2011 at 7:04 AM

Needing a title, and accepting one are two entirely different things. Saying that “not needing a title” means she is absolutely closed to the idea of serving her country seems like a bit of a stretch to me.

gryphon202 on April 19, 2011 at 8:55 AM

csdeven on April 19, 2011 at 8:39 AM

Or maybe you’re the one she’s got snowed; it’s easy to think the whole world is crazy when you’re the only insane person.

gryphon202 on April 19, 2011 at 8:55 AM

GO SARAH! GO!
Our conservative women are the only ones to have the courage to stand and to tell the truth and make sense. Who else is calling for drilling in the face of chaos in the ME and cutting off of America’s energy while we sit on top of much oil and natural gas? GO SARAH–GO!

Herb on April 19, 2011 at 9:12 AM

csdeven on April 19, 2011 at 8:39 AM

Couldn’t even if I wanted to. My support will be all volunteer and that’s what I’m hearing from others here too.

alwaysfiredup on April 19, 2011 at 9:26 AM

A girl as president?

Ewwwwww.

Abby Adams on April 19, 2011 at 9:37 AM

Oh my: Palin’s website suddenly looking campaign-ready

Suddenly?

Funny.

Calling a cockroach a cockroach is, “suddenly” something new for Sarah?

Haven’t you been paying attention?

franksalterego on April 19, 2011 at 9:48 AM

If she runs, I’m IN. I haven’t taken part in a campaign since 1980. But with a country to save, I will happily leave the sidelines and do my bit to get her in the Oval Office.

Oklahoma is pretty much a safe state for her in a fall campaign, but during the primary season, it is nearly anyone’s state for the taking.

itzWicks on April 19, 2011 at 11:08 AM

Sarah Huckabee is brilliant! She HE makes it look like she HE’s going to run to get the Palinista’s Huckaphiles to empty their pocket books!

csdeven on April 19, 2011 at 8:39 AM

Fixed

portlandon on April 19, 2011 at 11:32 AM

Palin has two things now she did not have as a candidate in 2008. Millions of her own dollars to use in case some dimwit DOES try to defame and nuisance-sue her and a core cadre of Congressional allies that she helped get elected.

PJ Emeritus on April 19, 2011 at 11:53 AM

PJ Emeritus on April 19, 2011 at 11:53 AM

And don’t forget the statutory protections that presidents and presidential candidates have that were lacking in Alaska. That can not be stated often enough.

gryphon202 on April 19, 2011 at 12:05 PM

Actually, my hostility is mostly for Palin supporters.

I like Palin just fine. I don’t think she is qualified to be President, but she gives a really good speech.

I do find it unbelievable that anyone with so very little experience… how did this country get here?

petunia on April 18, 2011 at 9:31 PM

Right. It’s just Palin supporters that bother you. After all, she gives a good speech. She just happens to be unqualified, has so very little experience, is a quitter, has no leadership, and it’s unbelievable that anyone actually thinks of her as a serious candidate for president, but you really do like her, just not her supporters. At least she can give a good speech.

I think we’ve covered it now. No need to keep repeating yourself for the next 8 hours while complaining how more people don’t like you. After all, they’re Palin supporters, so it’s not like they’re reasonable people, right?

There Goes The Neighborhood on April 20, 2011 at 3:36 AM

petunia on April 18, 2011 at 9:31 PM

Are you talking about Obama here?

Steve Z on April 20, 2011 at 9:48 AM

Wonder why so many conservatives need to keep Palin out of the primary

If she is as bad as they say, she will be slammed down in the debates, and she will make the others look good

I am beginning to think they hate her because they know they will have to run multiple primary candidates, again, to take her out, and that is all money from the same pockets

Last election they had a few in on the joke, and a few they simply stroked. Could Trump be the guy they need to take this lady out? He can pay his own hotel bills.

Trump’s best friends are the entire DEM upper echelon.

Reminds me of the old routine about the hell fire preacher working the audience: “I fought the Devil and he fought me. I hit the Devil and he hit me….Hey – we like the same things – ba-boom!”

entagor on April 20, 2011 at 3:22 PM

Blink

I looked up the blog entries from Jan that originally reported the Abercrombie story and I would be more correct to say that Abercrombie “tacitly admitted” that he could not find the Birth Certificate.

Remember, Abercrombie made himself famous by announcing that, once Governor, he would release Obama’s BC and end the controversy. For weeks after being elected he remained silent on the issue and only spoke on it when questioned by an interviewer. These are his very words when asked about Obama’s Birth Certificate:

“It was actually written, I am told, this is what our investigation is showing, it actually exists in the archives, written down,”

Interpretation: There is no Birth Certificate.

Now Abercrombie is hidng behind public disclosure laws, as if the idiot didn’t know about that before he opened his mouth. Remember also, the Hawaii State employee with access to those type of records who reported that he searched for it but could not find it.

Whatever one’s opinion on this matter, it is undeniable that something is being hidden and this needs to be uncovered.
Here is the post at View From the Right with discussion and links to the original story by Corsi at WND:

sartana on April 22, 2011 at 12:52 AM