Quotes of the day

posted at 9:00 pm on April 16, 2011 by Allahpundit

“‘We didn’t elect you just to rearrange the deck chairs on a sinking Titanic,’ Palin said during a rally in front of the Wisconsin statehouse in Madison. ‘What we need from you, GOP, is to fight.’ Pointing to the national champion University of Wisconsin women’s hockey team, Palin said the GOP could learn from its resolve and ‘needs to learn how to fight like a girl.’

“Palin took issue with the GOP leadership for promising $100 billion in cuts from the current budget, trimming that pledge to $60 billion and finally settling for $38 billion in the recent budget battle.

“‘Then after some politics as usual and accounting gimmicks we found out — ya know that $38 billion? We’re actually borrowing that $38 billion,’ Palin said. ‘That is not courage, that is capitulation.’”

***
“‘When the history of the Tea Party is written, what you accomplished here will not be forgotten. And the 2012 election begins here,’ she affirmed.

“To drive the point home, Palin recalled the Green Bay Packers’ 2011 Super Bowl win, saying, ‘What better place to call out the liberal left and let them know, Mr. President, game on!‘”

***
“In the last few months, political professionals and insiders have been writing off the former Alaska governor and 2008 vice presidential candidate, convinced she won’t run for the GOP nomination in 2012 or ever. Then again, even those GOPers who are running can hardly compete with the MSM’s weird, all-consuming fascination with The Donald.

“But all it took was one powerful, pugnacious and presidential speech — just 15 minutes long — for Palin to again make herself completely relevant to the current political and policy battles raging across America…

“That line about fighting like a girl, as well as her ‘Game on!’ declaration will surely reignite speculation about presidential plans. And understandably so. Frontrunner Mitt Romney continues to fashion and refashion a saleable explanation for his Obamacare-esque Massachusetts health plan. And while Tim Pawlenty scored a coup with the hiring of hotshot campaign manager Nick Ayers, his embryonic candidacy is still a work in progress. There’s enough voter unease that another Mitch Daniels boomlet seems to be in progress.”

***
Via the Right Scoop.

***
Via the Right Scoop.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

These are different times.

Saltysam on April 17, 2011 at 1:25 AM

While I agree they are..Do not forget Rove knows politics ..:)

Dire Straits on April 17, 2011 at 1:28 AM

r keller on April 17, 2011 at 1:23 AM

But, but, I thought the left was all about the children and their free expression. *I’m so disappointed* :(

predator on April 17, 2011 at 1:28 AM

Rove is playing the analysist role!..:)

Dire Straits on April 17, 2011 at 1:26 AM

He can fool some of the people some of time…

Saltysam on April 17, 2011 at 1:28 AM

Do not forget Rove knows politics ..:)

Dire Straits on April 17, 2011 at 1:28 AM

Oh yes, but he has not endeared himself to the Tea Party. That is the rock.

And he is, to quote a recent straight talker, an establishment puke. That is the hard place.

Saltysam on April 17, 2011 at 1:31 AM

Rove is playing the analysist role!..:)

Dire Straits on April 17, 2011 at 1:26 AM

Sorry, bud. I like ya, and I know you’re on our side, but I have yet to see anything that suggests that Rove was giving Sarah any credibility or chance whatsoever. He’s an inside the beltway establishment guy. If he changes stripes, then fine. In my opinion he has done nothing to make me believe he is anything other than a GOP establishment front man.

predator on April 17, 2011 at 1:32 AM

Saltysam on April 17, 2011 at 1:28 AM

Where has he fooled the folks?..He is just giving his opinion!..:)

Dire Straits on April 17, 2011 at 1:32 AM

Saltysam on April 17, 2011 at 1:31 AM

Establishment puke?!?..Okay so you want to go third party..Good luck!..:)

Dire Straits on April 17, 2011 at 1:34 AM

Dire Straits on April 17, 2011 at 1:34 AM

Third party?

Did you forget the exercise of this conversation? Your the one who brought it up.

Saltysam on April 17, 2011 at 1:36 AM

You’re your

arrrrgghhhh!

Saltysam on April 17, 2011 at 1:38 AM

Establishment puke?!?..Okay so you want to go third party..Good luck!..:)

Dire Straits on April 17, 2011 at 1:34 AM

No. But we don’t want to keep letting them run the GOP. We are conservatives, and we want our party back. Rove will try to put any repub in the office for the sake of having a repub in the office. I don’t want that. I want a true conservative in the office. Romney? Huck? C’mon, Dire you know they will cater to some degree to the left. They always have. Check their records.

predator on April 17, 2011 at 1:38 AM

predator on April 17, 2011 at 1:32 AM

I like and respect you also!..I consider you a friend..Just do not throw the baby out with the bath water! Do you really think that GOP is going to throw Sarah out if she becomes a front runner?!?..:)

Dire Straits on April 17, 2011 at 1:38 AM

Saltysam on April 17, 2011 at 1:36 AM

No I just stated I know where a possible attack on the Palin speech is coming from..You attacked Rove..and I defended him..:)

Dire Straits on April 17, 2011 at 1:40 AM

To those who say… she needs better poll numbers… she can’t win. I have a little bedtime story.

Once upon a time in the great state of California, there was a recall election. On the ballot were several Republicans & Democrats. There was one Republican who was very well known having conquered many homicidal robots in his career. The other Republican was well known but not so much as the homocidal robot killer. The other Republican was very experienced, he was conservative and very well spoken. They said he would not win. He did not have a lead in the polls, yet he was very well loved. The GOP told us to vote for the most electable candidate, the homocidal robot killer. Lo. And. Behold. He won, sent off to Sacramento to slash spending and make government smaller and sweep out the old. The new governor promptly caved to the liberals, and lost his broom to sweep out the girlie men. The experienced, conservative and well spoken candidate returned to his job alas to never serve in the gov’s mansion (which doesn’t really exist in California which is another fabulous bedtime story).

Turns out that most folks who voted for the homocidal robot killer really wanted to vote for the experienced, well spoken, conservative Republican… maybe even enough to have actually elected him as governor.

The moral of the story is that if you vote for the most “electable” instead of following your head, you may well wind up with Arnold Schwartzeneger. And you know the rest of that story, and it does not involve living happily ever after if you still live in Kahliforn i A.

kringeesmom on April 17, 2011 at 1:40 AM

Dire Straits on April 17, 2011 at 1:38 AM

She already is. They already have.

Saltysam on April 17, 2011 at 1:41 AM

predator on April 17, 2011 at 1:38 AM

You have a point!..But everyone is not as conservative as we are!..Rove is looking out for GOP!..:)

Dire Straits on April 17, 2011 at 1:44 AM

She already is. They already have.

Saltysam on April 17, 2011 at 1:41 AM

Sorry you feel that way!..:(

Dire Straits on April 17, 2011 at 1:45 AM

Dire Straits on April 17, 2011 at 1:38 AM

Yes. Until the very end they will. In the end, they may vote for her, but they will hold their nose while they do it. And behind the scenes they will try to rein in her agenda. You have to understand that the left does not have the market cornered on self-righteous elitism. There are some in the GOP who feel the same way. *Peggy Noonan, anyone?*

There is an element of the GOP that thinks Ivy League
elites know best what is good for the country. Those people are only marginally better than the left. See, I don’t go for elitists from either side. And sad as it may be, our side does have some.
Think Emperor Palpatine.

predator on April 17, 2011 at 1:45 AM

While I agree they are..Do not forget Rove knows politics ..:)

Dire Straits on April 17, 2011 at 1:28 AM

True, but so does Bill Clinton, which isn’t to suggest they are the same, only that knowing politics doesn’t an ally make.

FloatingRock on April 17, 2011 at 1:46 AM

You attacked Rove..and I defended him..:)

Dire Straits on April 17, 2011 at 1:40 AM

I said he was in between a rock and a hard place, meaning I don’t think he’s going to do it.

That he is an establishment puke was a quote from the guy you like and respect.

Cmon. Pick a fight with someone else. If you want to say something than say it for crying out loud.

I don’t care if you’re right or wrong. Just say it. You’re sooo mysterious. :)

Saltysam on April 17, 2011 at 1:46 AM

. And sad as it may be, our side does have some.
Think Emperor Palpatine.

predator on April 17, 2011 at 1:45 AM

lol!..That is a low blow!..:):)

Dire Straits on April 17, 2011 at 1:47 AM

Saltysam on April 17, 2011 at 1:46 AM

I’m not picking a fight!..I just do not agree that Rove is bad for GOP..That is all!..:)

Dire Straits on April 17, 2011 at 1:49 AM

Sorry you feel that way!..:(

Dire Straits on April 17, 2011 at 1:45 AM

Sorry?

Feel?

Okay, I’m way out of line here. The GOP establishment just loooves Palin, and have a long, proven track record of defending her.

What was I thinking?!!!

Saltysam on April 17, 2011 at 1:50 AM

My take on Rove is that he is not real hip on women in politics, except maybe Kay Baily Hutchison.

kringeesmom on April 17, 2011 at 1:52 AM

I’m starting to think that obomba is Toast and Trump will of course stumble at some point. The question on my mind is “Can Sarah Beat Hillary?” This is why Palin needs a Veep with impeccable foreign policy creds (like Bolton).

Also, after today, I want to bust the unions – every dang one of them, but especially public-sector. What a useless waste of human and financial resources. I actually hope they keep up the stupidity because their days are going to be numbered.

captconrad on April 17, 2011 at 1:53 AM

do not agree that Rove is bad for GOP

Dire Straits on April 17, 2011 at 1:49 AM

That is a complete derailment of the conservation.

Did you just come home from a party? Recently dropped by a girl?

What’s up?

Saltysam on April 17, 2011 at 1:53 AM

Just say it. You’re sooo mysterious. :)

Saltysam on April 17, 2011 at 1:46 AM

I sometimes get a kick imagining that Dire Straits is Karl Rove. I don’t know why. No offense meant to Dire and I don’t expect he’ll take any.

FloatingRock on April 17, 2011 at 1:53 AM

lol!..That is a low blow!..:):)

Dire Straits on April 17, 2011 at 1:47 AM

Perhaps, my friend. But I’ve been let down too many times by the GOP to give them my complete trust.

I understand where you’re coming from. I just don’t share your trust of some of the current leaders of the party.

I know what I want for my country, and I don’t trust that all of these people have that goal in mind.

We will see.

predator on April 17, 2011 at 1:54 AM

What was I thinking?!!!

Saltysam on April 17, 2011 at 1:50 AM

I guess we can ALL stop with the circular firing squad!..That would be a good first step!..:)

Dire Straits on April 17, 2011 at 1:55 AM

kringeesmom on April 17, 2011 at 1:40 AM

And I was one of those who believed that line too, and was pissed at Tom for running against Arnold. Now I see how stupid I was to let CNN tell me who was electable.

leftnomore on April 17, 2011 at 1:56 AM

FloatingRock on April 17, 2011 at 1:53 AM

LOL!..:)

Dire Straits on April 17, 2011 at 1:57 AM

captconrad on April 17, 2011 at 1:53 AM

The Wisconsin judge election was a big step in that direction. This needs to be done across the country.

My dad was a union man, and I’ll guarantee you he would be disgusted by what they have become today.

predator on April 17, 2011 at 1:57 AM

predator on April 17, 2011 at 1:54 AM

Excellent post!..:):)

Dire Straits on April 17, 2011 at 1:58 AM

kringeesmom on April 17, 2011 at 1:52 AM

This.

predator on April 17, 2011 at 1:59 AM

leftnomore on April 17, 2011 at 1:56 AM

Me and my hubby too… and everyone we knew… We held our noses and voted for Arnold we really wanted to vote for McClintock. Fact is McClintock would have been a way better governor. I just read a news story that 69 more companies have either left California or downsized their CA operation bases. People are leaving the state in droves.

kringeesmom on April 17, 2011 at 2:00 AM

predator on April 17, 2011 at 1:57 AM

My Dad would be also!..:)

Dire Straits on April 17, 2011 at 2:00 AM

Excellent post!..:):)

Dire Straits on April 17, 2011 at 1:58 AM

Appreciate that, Dire. I know we both want the best for our nation. We may disagree on certain individuals, but I believe when it comes down to the nitty gritty we will both do what is right.

predator on April 17, 2011 at 2:02 AM

predator on April 17, 2011 at 2:02 AM

Wow!..Two Excellent post in a row!..You are right..When it comes to the nitty gritty I WILL be right beside you friend proudly!..:)

Dire Straits on April 17, 2011 at 2:05 AM

My Dad would be also!..:)

Dire Straits on April 17, 2011 at 2:00 AM

Yeah, my old man was very much a believer in ” a day’s work for a day’s pay.”

He used to tell me, “If you aren’t willing to give your employer your best effort for what he’s paying you, if you don’t think it’s worth it to you, then let somebody else have that job. Go find something that’s worth your efforts. Don’t cheat your employer.”

Ever hear that from a union member today? No.

predator on April 17, 2011 at 2:05 AM

FloatingRock on April 17, 2011 at 1:53 AM

LOL!

Very astute observation.

I think you’re onto something.

Saltysam on April 17, 2011 at 2:05 AM

predator on April 17, 2011 at 1:57 AM

The brainwashing that must be going on in the “shops” is surreal. I suppose its been generational, but I know there are good people who belong to this or that union and I wish they had more of a voice.

captconrad on April 17, 2011 at 2:06 AM

So, Karl, from where does the attack come first?

Saltysam on April 17, 2011 at 2:07 AM

predator on April 17, 2011 at 2:05 AM

Great point!..:)

PS..That is three great posts in a row!..I’m jealous!..:)

Dire Straits on April 17, 2011 at 2:09 AM

captconrad on April 17, 2011 at 1:53 AM

Hmmmmmmm.

Saltysam on April 17, 2011 at 2:10 AM

So, Karl, from where does the attack come first?

Saltysam on April 17, 2011 at 2:07 AM

So you want to continue the food fight?!?..:)

Dire Straits on April 17, 2011 at 2:10 AM

captconrad on April 17, 2011 at 2:06 AM

See, I think that’s one of the reasons that the unions in Wisconsin fought this bill by Walker. The dues are no longer automatically deducted from their checks. They have to voluntarily donate.

And I’ve read many articles (no I’m not providing links) about members who don’t like the way their union due are being used. A lot of these people may look at something like $1000 dollars a year, and think to themselves, “you know what, we could use that money for our own well-being.”
This is what they fear more than anything else. The breaking of their automatic money laundering scheme.

Just think, if the union leaders were really confident that 90 percent of their membership would send in those dues anyway, why would they fight this?

The answer is they know that it is closer to 60% or maybe even 50 % and depletes their money supply severely.

predator on April 17, 2011 at 2:15 AM

Ever hear that from a union member today? No.

predator on April 17, 2011 at 2:05 AM

The culture is missing this among non-union employees these days as well. I see it too often.

Saltysam on April 17, 2011 at 2:17 AM

Dire Straits on April 17, 2011 at 2:09 AM

Just speakin’ from the heart.

predator on April 17, 2011 at 2:18 AM

So you want to continue the food fight?!?..:)

Dire Straits on April 17, 2011 at 2:10 AM

Sure, why not?

Give it a go! :)

Saltysam on April 17, 2011 at 2:18 AM

Just speakin’ from the heart.

predator on April 17, 2011 at 2:18 AM

I hear you!..:)

Dire Straits on April 17, 2011 at 2:19 AM

Saltysam on April 17, 2011 at 2:17 AM

Salty,
You’re right on. We have a guy on first shift where I work that thinks that companies exist to provide him with a living. “Profit” as a way of survival in the business world competely escapes him.

predator on April 17, 2011 at 2:20 AM

Saltysam on April 17, 2011 at 2:18 AM

Dire Straits on April 17, 2011 at 1:55 AM..Give it a shot!..:)

Dire Straits on April 17, 2011 at 2:20 AM

Dire Straits on April 17, 2011 at 2:20 AM

Oh stop with this touchy feely stuff. Just answer the damn question.

Let’s hear it. What is your take on it?

Saltysam on April 17, 2011 at 2:23 AM

predator on April 17, 2011 at 2:15 AM

Yeah, it’s little victories like this that keep me optimistic for this Country. I hope it grabs some traction and the fact that it started in Wisconsin is quite a thing.

captconrad on April 17, 2011 at 2:23 AM

I hope I’m wrong, but there is no way I see the GOP establishment supporting Palin if she is fortunate enough to win the GOP nomination.

I could see Rove, Krauthammer, Brooks, Frum, Noonan, Parker, Perino, Kristol, Murphy, Carlson, and many, many more of the beltway pundits working against Palin in the general election.

What exactly has this group of pundits ever said about Palin that makes anyone think they would actually support her as a candidate?

Who would believe them anyway after the way they have dismissed Palin as a serious candidate over the years?

These establishment pundits would have to be some of the most convincing contortionists to pull that off and still remain credible.

I will have to see it to believe it. Here is Dana Perino showing that it can be done, so maybe there is hope.

I’m not sure Rove is that flexible though

chief on April 17, 2011 at 2:24 AM

Let’s hear it. What is your take on it?

Saltysam on April 17, 2011 at 2:23 AM

If you want a third party..Like I said good luck!..:)

Dire Straits on April 17, 2011 at 2:27 AM

“Profit” as a way of survival in the business world competely escapes him.

predator on April 17, 2011 at 2:20 AM

Unfortunately, they are the useful idiots. They force politics, which shouldn’t be a dirty word, to be dumbed down to a level of rhetoric that the Right MUST learn to speak.

Saltysam on April 17, 2011 at 2:28 AM

Or if we’re going to have said firing squad let’s make sure all the major players are there.

predator on April 17, 2011 at 2:33 AM

predator on April 17, 2011 at 2:33 AM

LOL!..Got to keep your eyes on the big prize!..:)

Dire Straits on April 17, 2011 at 2:36 AM

Dire Straits on April 17, 2011 at 2:27 AM

So you know, but you don’t want to say?

Why? You couldn’t possibly be afraid of putting your foot in your mouth. I thought you actually wanted to share your opinion.

Somehow, my asking means good luck with the third party claptrap.

Whatever.

Saltysam on April 17, 2011 at 2:36 AM

chief on April 17, 2011 at 2:24 AM

I don’t know. Does this just become a Vote No 4 Obama election? Cause I’m not convinced he’ll be on the ticket.

I think it’s been established that whomever all the conservatives get behind…wins.

captconrad on April 17, 2011 at 2:37 AM

predator on April 17, 2011 at 2:33 AM

Hilarious!

Saltysam on April 17, 2011 at 2:41 AM

Saltysam on April 17, 2011 at 2:36 AM

No!..I would have answered you when I first asked the question and gave you my opinion but you wanted to bring Rove (???) into it..I defended him so we disagree!..:)..No problem you have your opinion and I have mine!..:)

PS..I have stuck my foot in my mouth before as I’m sure you have too!..:)

Dire Straits on April 17, 2011 at 2:41 AM

LOL!..Got to keep your eyes on the big prize!..:)

Dire Straits on April 17, 2011 at 2:36 AM

That’s one of my favorite GIFs. The good, the bad, the ugly, and the kitteh!

predator on April 17, 2011 at 2:42 AM

That’s one of my favorite GIFs. The good, the bad, the ugly, and the kitteh!

predator on April 17, 2011 at 2:42 AM

That is a good one!..:)

Dire Straits on April 17, 2011 at 2:43 AM

Hilarious!

Saltysam on April 17, 2011 at 2:41 AM

I got that from a blog that is no longer in existence. And it’s a real shame. It was called Aardvraks and A$$hats. This guy was hilarious. He found some of the funniest things I’ve ever seen on the innerwebs. Called himself “Steamboat Magoo.” He quit due to health probs. A real shame. He was an Internet treasure.

predator on April 17, 2011 at 2:47 AM

Chickenshit.

Saltysam on April 17, 2011 at 2:48 AM

predator on April 17, 2011 at 2:47 AM

it makes for a better comment board when we can agree to disagree and still be friends!..:)

Dire Straits on April 17, 2011 at 2:50 AM

Saltysam on April 17, 2011 at 2:48 AM

Now we are showing class by calling names!..:(

Dire Straits on April 17, 2011 at 2:51 AM

Dire Straits on April 17, 2011 at 2:50 AM

Agreed, but we still must try to get you off the Rove train. *Here, don’t be nervous, it’s just a little pin prick.* Kidding/

OMG! Chris Mathews will go crazy if he sees this post! Hide it! Hide it now!

predator on April 17, 2011 at 2:54 AM

predator on April 17, 2011 at 1:57 AM

My uncle was a union man who reminded me of Archie Bunker in his less lovable moments. His cellar was just full of stolen stuff from his various employers. He felt entitled to it. That’s an indication that he’s all for “soaking the rich.”

And my guess is that he would absolutely hate my guts for my conservative politics, if he were still speaking to me enough to know what they are.

But still, he was a horrible racist and I wonder how he rationalizes voting for a black man, especially one who would look down on him so haughtily.

Politics does make for strange bedfellows.

disa on April 17, 2011 at 2:54 AM

Dire Straits on April 17, 2011 at 2:51 AM

Well, I sincerely did not mean for you to receive that as a name call. I’m not a name caller. I meant the action is chickenshit.

If you insist that I meant otherwise, then accept my apology. I honestly did not mean it that way.

Saltysam on April 17, 2011 at 2:55 AM

chief on April 17, 2011 at 2:24 AM

Then Fox News is going to need to replace some of their pundits to remain fair and balanced. :)

FloatingRock on April 17, 2011 at 2:59 AM

Saltysam on April 17, 2011 at 2:55 AM

Whatever!..It’s all good!..No problem!..:)

Dire Straits on April 17, 2011 at 3:01 AM

disa on April 17, 2011 at 2:54 AM

yeah, we used to have an operator here who was a former employee at a union shop. This guy raided everything he could possibly get his hands on.

We had these little medical stations thoughout the building, they had anti-itch creams, headache pills, etc. He savaged those things. Took as many home as he could. He didn’t give a damn whether any were left for the people that worked there. He had plenty for himself.

Dude was making over $20 an hour as an operator and didn’t want to buy his own aspirin. *sigh*

predator on April 17, 2011 at 3:01 AM

FloatingRock on April 17, 2011 at 2:59 AM

Let’s not go off into another conspiracy theory about Fox News!..:)

Dire Straits on April 17, 2011 at 3:02 AM

Whatever!..It’s all good!..No problem!..:)

Dire Straits on April 17, 2011 at 3:01 AM

Well, just to be clear. I still think it’s chickenshit!

FOOD FIGHT!

*ducks*

Saltysam on April 17, 2011 at 3:04 AM

Whatever!..It’s all good!..No problem!..:)

Dire Straits on April 17, 2011 at 3:01 AM

That’s good. It beats pistols at ten paces, guys. Especially given the accuracry of today’s weaponry.

I’d kinda like to keep you both around because I think you’re both on “the team.” All in all.

predator on April 17, 2011 at 3:04 AM

disa on April 17, 2011 at 2:54 AM

I have thought that since 2008. That must be a helluva tough pill to swallow for some of these crusty old die-hards.

captconrad on April 17, 2011 at 3:05 AM

FOOD FIGHT!

*ducks*

Saltysam on April 17, 2011 at 3:04 AM

I’m right behind you with a pie in my hand. *grins an evil grin*

predator on April 17, 2011 at 3:07 AM

Dire Straits on April 17, 2011 at 2:50 AM

Sure it is, but this is a discussion forum. We should also feel free to discuss our differences and try to persuade each other.

FloatingRock on April 17, 2011 at 3:07 AM

There’s comedy tonight! ▼_▼

Kini on April 17, 2011 at 3:09 AM

Saltysam on April 17, 2011 at 3:04 AM

LOL!..If you really want to know go to huffpo!..Figure it out yourself..I’m sure you can without sticking your foot in your mouth!!..:):)

Dire Straits on April 17, 2011 at 3:09 AM

Let’s not go off into another conspiracy theory about Fox News!..:)

Dire Straits on April 17, 2011 at 3:02 AM

What conspiracy theory are you talking about? I’m not aware of any.

FloatingRock on April 17, 2011 at 3:10 AM

FloatingRock on April 17, 2011 at 3:07 AM

Just don’t go overboard!..:)

Dire Straits on April 17, 2011 at 3:12 AM

Dire Straits on April 17, 2011 at 3:09 AM

Huffpo?

No thanks. I’ll just wait for Ed & Allahpundit to fill me in. I can’t sift through that rubbish without getting a headache.

Saltysam on April 17, 2011 at 3:13 AM

Didn’t you accuse some the Fox News folks of not being fair and balanced?..:)

Dire Straits on April 17, 2011 at 3:14 AM

Just don’t go overboard!..:)

Dire Straits on April 17, 2011 at 3:12 AM

You’d have to get on the boat first before considering going overboard.

Saltysam on April 17, 2011 at 3:14 AM

Saltysam on April 17, 2011 at 3:13 AM

LOL!.I agree it is hard to go thru Huffpo!..I was just going to point out that that was where the the attack was going to come from ..IMHO!..:)

Dire Straits on April 17, 2011 at 3:17 AM

Just don’t go overboard!..:)

Dire Straits on April 17, 2011 at 3:12 AM

It depends upon what you mean by overboard. This isn’t just a BS forum, although some of that is welcome. This has always been a place where people have had serious discussions with some light fare thrown in. It wasn’t until yourself and some others started turning it into a chat room every night that it’s turned in to “can’t we all just be friends”. Sort of thing. Often times the most interesting discussions are the most heated, and you know the saying about if you can’t stand the heat.

FloatingRock on April 17, 2011 at 3:18 AM

She cannot be stopped. She is a force of nature. Gird your loins, RINOs and lefties. She’s comin’ for ya!

kringeesmom on April 17, 2011 at 1:40 AM

Thanks for that story. I always say, when people insist Sarah is so unelectable, she’s electable if we vote for her. It’s really that simple. So if that’s your only problem with her, if you don’t have any philosophical differences with her but rather are just a hand wringer who is worried about her “negatives,” then maybe instead of capitulating to the media’s head games you should just have some freaking faith and get behind her b/c she represents your values. You might be surprised at how it turns out.

NoLeftTurn on April 17, 2011 at 3:20 AM

O/T a little bit, but I just had to throw this out there:

predator on April 17, 2011 at 3:20 AM

Saltysam on April 17, 2011 at 3:14 AM

Depends on how you see it!..We just need to stay within the parameters!..:)

Dire Straits on April 17, 2011 at 3:20 AM

FloatingRock on April 17, 2011 at 3:18 AM

*facepalm*..:)

Dire Straits on April 17, 2011 at 3:23 AM

*facepalm*..:)

Dire Straits on April 17, 2011 at 3:23 AM

And what does that comment add to the debate here? Nothing. You have just added nothing to the debate. Have you read the QOTD and watched the videos?

FloatingRock on April 17, 2011 at 3:24 AM

chief on April 17, 2011 at 2:24 AM

FloatingRock on April 17, 2011 at 2:59 AM

That was actually a pretty humorous point you made there and I would have to agree, esp. with no Beck, but he was never a huge fan of Palin anyway.

captconrad on April 17, 2011 at 3:26 AM

Hey! My back is hurtin’ for certain…

OmahaConservative on April 17, 2011 at 3:26 AM

FloatingRock on April 17, 2011 at 3:24 AM

Enjoyed it!..:)

Dire Straits on April 17, 2011 at 3:26 AM

OmahaConservative on April 17, 2011 at 3:26 AM

Sorry about your back!..:(..It’s your shift..Thanks!..Gotta go!..:)

Dire Straits on April 17, 2011 at 3:27 AM

Enjoyed it!..:)

Dire Straits on April 17, 2011 at 3:26 AM

Then my question is would you care to engage in any serious discussion?

FloatingRock on April 17, 2011 at 3:28 AM

Dire Straits on April 17, 2011 at 3:27 AM

I’ll need a pillow for church again…

OmahaConservative on April 17, 2011 at 3:29 AM