Quotes of the day

posted at 9:00 pm on April 16, 2011 by Allahpundit

“‘We didn’t elect you just to rearrange the deck chairs on a sinking Titanic,’ Palin said during a rally in front of the Wisconsin statehouse in Madison. ‘What we need from you, GOP, is to fight.’ Pointing to the national champion University of Wisconsin women’s hockey team, Palin said the GOP could learn from its resolve and ‘needs to learn how to fight like a girl.’

“Palin took issue with the GOP leadership for promising $100 billion in cuts from the current budget, trimming that pledge to $60 billion and finally settling for $38 billion in the recent budget battle.

“‘Then after some politics as usual and accounting gimmicks we found out — ya know that $38 billion? We’re actually borrowing that $38 billion,’ Palin said. ‘That is not courage, that is capitulation.’”

***
“‘When the history of the Tea Party is written, what you accomplished here will not be forgotten. And the 2012 election begins here,’ she affirmed.

“To drive the point home, Palin recalled the Green Bay Packers’ 2011 Super Bowl win, saying, ‘What better place to call out the liberal left and let them know, Mr. President, game on!‘”

***
“In the last few months, political professionals and insiders have been writing off the former Alaska governor and 2008 vice presidential candidate, convinced she won’t run for the GOP nomination in 2012 or ever. Then again, even those GOPers who are running can hardly compete with the MSM’s weird, all-consuming fascination with The Donald.

“But all it took was one powerful, pugnacious and presidential speech — just 15 minutes long — for Palin to again make herself completely relevant to the current political and policy battles raging across America…

“That line about fighting like a girl, as well as her ‘Game on!’ declaration will surely reignite speculation about presidential plans. And understandably so. Frontrunner Mitt Romney continues to fashion and refashion a saleable explanation for his Obamacare-esque Massachusetts health plan. And while Tim Pawlenty scored a coup with the hiring of hotshot campaign manager Nick Ayers, his embryonic candidacy is still a work in progress. There’s enough voter unease that another Mitch Daniels boomlet seems to be in progress.”

***
Via the Right Scoop.

***
Via the Right Scoop.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 6

Damn she’s good.

Electrongod on April 16, 2011 at 9:01 PM

What kind of a world do we live in where Sarah Palin’s poll numbers are in the basement and Donald Trump’s are at the top? This is the kind of scenario where she really shines. I hope other people will see that, too.

cynccook on April 16, 2011 at 9:04 PM

Here is a quote … House Speaker Gets A Large Boehner From Obama

Obama Keeps ‘Czars’ Despite Budget Deal That Eliminated Them

Nearly Nobody on April 16, 2011 at 9:06 PM

cynccook on April 16, 2011 at 9:04 PM

OprahVision and a toothless PTA world.

Limerick on April 16, 2011 at 9:06 PM

She’s the bull in the GOP china shop. She’s wrecking their fru-fru, shi-shi existence.

SouthernGent on April 16, 2011 at 9:06 PM

Fight like a girl! I love it.

kringeesmom on April 16, 2011 at 9:07 PM

What kind of a world do we live in where Sarah Palin’s poll numbers are in the basement and Donald Trump’s are at the top? …cynccook on April 16, 2011 at 9:04 PM

Amen Bro. Yet she, as a Governor is inexperienced and Obumba, with zero creds, is The Messiah?

Dingbat63 on April 16, 2011 at 9:09 PM

Even she knows…The GOP will betray you

True_King on April 16, 2011 at 9:13 PM

I wish this didn’t need to be said. I wish it were not so accurate. But alas…

deewhybee on April 16, 2011 at 9:15 PM

Is there any doubt that Palin has more courage in her pinky than the House leadership has in their entire bodies?

either orr on April 16, 2011 at 9:17 PM

EvenEspecially she knows…The GOP will betray you

True_King on April 16, 2011 at 9:13 PM

FIFY

Tim Zank on April 16, 2011 at 9:19 PM

That’s my girl. Ed wouldn’t say it. Allah wouldn’t say it. Even though I begged them. This is the appropriate metaphor. How can you not love her.

Paul-Cincy on April 16, 2011 at 9:20 PM

Somewhere, unseen just jizzed in his pants.

Vyce on April 16, 2011 at 9:20 PM

She’s BAAAAACK! Yea!

Conservalicious on April 16, 2011 at 9:21 PM

I still think she’s not running but this sure sounds like her first speech of the 2012 campaign.

When is she going to announce a decision to those two Radio guys in Alaska?

PappyD61 on April 16, 2011 at 9:22 PM

either orr on April 16, 2011 at 9:17 PM

None whatsoever.

disa on April 16, 2011 at 9:22 PM

Even she knows…The GOP will betray you

True_King on April 16, 2011 at 9:13 PM

And yet, and yet…say what you like about Sarah Palin, but one of the things I find most admirable about her is that she has somehow managed to retain a sense of optimism and hope (has that word become irrevocably tainted?) for this country. I’m as skeptical as the next girl, but it just reads sincere to me. These days, it’s all too easy to just throw up your hands at this point and figure that the die is cast and that the Republic is doomed, but you never catch the tiniest hint of that with her. It would also not be unreasonable to expect that the experiences of the last 2 1/2 years would have left her bitter and cynical in general let alone still wanting to help this country, but that seems far from case. Now that’s what I would call a “remarkable” American (with all due respect to Mr. Huntsman).

cynccook on April 16, 2011 at 9:23 PM

Somewhere, unseen just jizzed in his pants.

Vyce on April 16, 2011 at 9:20 PM

Me too. /

CWforFreedom on April 16, 2011 at 9:25 PM

I told you all the other night, its her time, its Sarah Palin’s destiny to undo Obama’s clusterfrak and lead America back to its greatness. This proves it. Oh, she’ll have to fight, the GOP establishment won’t like it. Ace will flip-out and proclaim DOOM!, when she gets the nomination – but, in the end she wins. And she will do so HER WAY.

Sharr on April 16, 2011 at 9:26 PM

I’m curious what people think about a possible Sarah/Rand ticket?

No, I’m not a Paulian either, but Rand seems to represent a significant portion of the tea party and has the right attitude about spending cuts. (And the way Obama/McCain went into Libya without even knowing what was up I’d rather vote for a Paul for VP than an Obama/McCain at this point.)

West is an impressive guy too, (though perhaps still to green in the political arena), and Palin/West seems to be a very popular suggestion that I’ve seen, but I think Palin and West both appeal to the same sub-group of the tea party and that Sarah/Rand or West/Rand might be a more unified ticket.

FloatingRock on April 16, 2011 at 9:26 PM

Palin — ‘What we need from you, GOP, is to fight.’

Lincoln knew it. Great leaders know it. To win you have to fight.

The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds

When I look at Sarah, I see her face marred by dust and sweat and blood, and she’s smiling through it all. I think of the poem “If”

IF you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don’t deal in lies,
Or being hated, don’t give way to hating,
And yet don’t look too good, nor talk too wise

Paul-Cincy on April 16, 2011 at 9:26 PM

Sarah Palin unleashed a withering critique of congressional Republicans Saturday, lambasting them for not cutting spending deeper and faster, and saying the party needs to “fight like a girl.”

Now I was no women’s studies major but I do believe that there is enough misogynistic language and enough sexist imagery in just that one paragraph to fuel at least a 10 page paper. Oh yes, Andy Barr, she’s quite emasculating ball-breaker, isn’t she? “Unleashing” her “withering” attack on the impotent old white men of the GOP like that. Gah.

cynccook on April 16, 2011 at 9:31 PM

Underestimate this woman at your peril.

She has the heart of a warrior, unlike many who purport to lead we Americans today.

She went right into the belly of the beast, with a sword in hand, unafraid.

This is what most of us want.

Courage to back up the right principles.

A fighter, a champion for us, and America itself.

You go get ‘em Sarah, I’m enjoying the hell out of watching it.

Brian1972 on April 16, 2011 at 9:31 PM

I’m curious what people think about a possible Sarah/Rand ticket?
No, I’m not a Paulian either
FloatingRock on April 16, 2011 at 9:26 PM

I’m kind of hoping Rand isn’t a Paulian either. If you know what I mean.

BigWyo on April 16, 2011 at 9:31 PM

Somewhere, unseen just jizzed in his pants.

Vyce on April 16, 2011 at 9:20 PM

Me too. /

CWforFreedom on April 16, 2011 at 9:25 PM

Me three.

Mirimichi on April 16, 2011 at 9:33 PM

Palin Rocked it! Her best speech since the GOP convention. Talk about a momma Grizzly, Yikes! She shredded the Progressive Right. Then she pulled the curtains on Obama revealing he has no clothes garment by garment. Ending her speech with a vision of how “We The People” can overcome the challenges ahead. No wishy washy please them all, say nothing speech. BRAVO Sarah

IowaWoman on April 16, 2011 at 9:36 PM

I’m about to go out and celebrate two of my good friends who just got married last week.

I will also raise a toast to Sarah Palin, and hope she charges the GOP field like Maximus on white warhorse, swinging with gusto.

Later all.

Brian1972 on April 16, 2011 at 9:36 PM

‘What we need from you, GOP, is to fight.’

Reminds me of William Wallace…

“….Your title gives you claim to the throne of our country, but men don’t follow titles, they follow courage. Now our people know you. Noble, and common, they respect you. And if you would just lead them to freedom, they’d follow you. And so would I.” *sigh*

Palin/West 2012

tencole on April 16, 2011 at 9:37 PM

Now I was no women’s studies major…

cynccook on April 16, 2011 at 9:31 PM

I agree. But the irony is, no women’s studies class would touch it. They’d all attack Palin instead.

rrpjr on April 16, 2011 at 9:40 PM

Paul-Cincy on April 16, 2011 at 9:26 PM

Or how about this one,

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

txmomof6 on April 16, 2011 at 9:41 PM

‘needs to learn how to fight like a girl.’
——————————————-

January 21, 2011
Sarah Palin, Combat Veteran
****************************

A study commission chartered by Congress is poised to send up to Capitol Hill a recommendation that the last remaining barriers to women – those that formally exclude them from infantry, armor and special forces — be removed.

As far as I’m concerned, we already have our

first female combat soldier, a breathtakingly brave warrior who suffers the slings and arrows of outrageous misfortune for the sake of our freedom, every day.
**************************************
**************************************

Sarah Palin stands alone in America and the world. Name one other public figure anywhere on the globe today who symbolizes the uncompromising fight for liberty….Waiting…Waiting…

As for her Republican rivals, blogger Kevin DuJan of Hillbuzz has sure got their number: they’re not activist members of a political party; they’re lazy guests at a Cocktail Party.

While Sarah is putting her life at risk — staffers say that since the Tucson blood libel, she’s getting death threats at an “unprecedented rate” — Mitt Romney can’t even bother to lead from the rear. He’s hanging around the country club, eating soggy cucumber-and-mayonnaise sandwiches, and waiting for Sarah to win the war. Then he’ll gallop on to the battlefield, hair stylist in tow, and flash his Dudley Do Right grin. Naturally, conservative pundits will traipse along and dutifully applaud his “gravitas” and outstanding presidential “qualifications.” So much worthier than Sarah, don’t you know!

As for Newt Gingrich, he took time off from his busy schedule of cuddling up to Nancy Pelosi on global warming, to sneak onto the battlefield and lob grenades — at Sarah. Hey, right back at ya, pal. Then there’s Mike Huckabee, who, when last heard from, was off somewhere exchanging diet tips with violent cons whose life sentences he had blithely commuted.

Tim Pawlenty, a ghostly presence at best, briefly materialized to murmur vague accusations against Sarah, and then faded into the woodwork once again. Wow! Leadership in action! All hail the mighty Tim!

You want leadership; you want steel spine; you want results? Helllooooo…What happened in Congress Wednesday? The House voted to repeal ObamaCare, 245 – 189, with the Republicans voting unanimously for repeal.

To whom do we owe this victory, more than anyone else, clearly and unequivocally? Sarah Palin. She showed us courage in real time, leading in every possible way: philosophically, strategically, tactically, and financially. Next to combat-hardened Sarah, every single Republican man is a trembling dwarf.

In case they haven’t noticed (they haven’t), we’re living through the most dangerously divided time in American history since the Civil War. As Abraham Lincoln once said,

“A house divided against itself cannot stand. I believe this government cannot endure, permanently, half slave and half free. I do not expect the Union to be dissolved – I do not expect the house to fall – but I do expect it will cease to be divided. It will become all one thing or all the other.”
*****************
*****************

So it is in our time. Either we will quickly re-establish a government that fears the people, or the people will fear the government – permanently. Freedom is lethally hard to obtain, and frighteningly easy to lose. Right now, freedom is dying.

There’s only a woman. The Republican establishment loathes Sarah Palin; the conservative commentariat needs smelling salts at the very mention of her name; and the ruling class took a blood oath to destroy not just her, but her family, too.
=======

canopfor on April 16, 2011 at 9:43 PM

This was definitely a shot across the bow at both the establishment and obama and the libs. People may say that the establishment won’t like her and not work with her.

Well, I will say this, there are corpses on the battlefields of Alaska of the establishment GOP that she took down when they got in her way of helping her state. That is when she was all alone and only had the people of the state to depend upon.

Like then as now, she does not have the establishment, she does definitely have the media, she only has the people. We The People!

ConservativePartyNow on April 16, 2011 at 9:44 PM

Moments like this you see the preposterous gap between Palin and the others. They occupy different worlds.

rrpjr on April 16, 2011 at 9:45 PM

Reminds me of William Wallace…

Palin/West 2012

tencole on April 16, 2011 at 9:37 PM

I agree except Palin/Cain 2012

IowaWoman on April 16, 2011 at 9:45 PM

When has Obama ever faced an audience this hostile?

Not until the 2012 debates, to be sure…

StubbleSpark on April 16, 2011 at 9:47 PM

Palin/West 2012

tencole on April 16, 2011 at 9:37 PM
==========================
I agree except Palin/Cain 2012

IowaWoman on April 16, 2011 at 9:45 PM

IowaWoman:Both,Cain/West/Palin,is a great ticket,what ever
the combo!:)

canopfor on April 16, 2011 at 9:48 PM

Best political speech I’ve seen in decades. Breitbart was awesome too.

mike_NC9 on April 16, 2011 at 9:50 PM

[Sharr on April 16, 2011 at 9:26 PM]

You might be right.

I was very impressed with Palin’s reach out to those who were there to heckle her, both that she did so despite the treatment she receives by their leadership and many among them, and that she was truly sincere in doing so.

Her speech today was really top notch all the way through.

Dusty on April 16, 2011 at 9:51 PM

cynccook on April 16, 2011 at 9:04 PM

It’s because the sensible things she says won’t fit neatly onto a bumper sticker, nor can they be repeated in less than eight seconds. This means they go right over the heads of The Great Undecideds(tm).

CurtZHP on April 16, 2011 at 9:52 PM

Hopefully, next president of the USA! Go Sarah!

tinkerthinker on April 16, 2011 at 9:52 PM

Gawd, How I love that ‘girl’ and her spunk!

Sadly, it’s unlikely she can win. The reason is, all presidential elections are settled by about 20% of the electorate who- over time- seem to absorb what the MSM has been saying about someone for a long time. It’s why she consistently polls as the loser. How I wish things were different!

michaelo on April 16, 2011 at 9:53 PM

If Sarah Palin and people like her are not the future of this country then this country has no future.

predator on April 16, 2011 at 9:53 PM

Best political speech I’ve seen in decades. Breitbart was awesome too.

mike_NC9 on April 16, 2011 at 9:50 PM

Best rally speech at least. Her acceptance speech was still better IMHO. She sure has a way with hockey zingers doesn’t she?

txmomof6 on April 16, 2011 at 9:53 PM

IowaWoman:Both,Cain/West/Palin,is a great ticket,what ever
the combo!:)

canopfor on April 16, 2011 at 9:48 PM

You are absolutely correct! I would pull that lever with a huge smile :-D

IowaWoman on April 16, 2011 at 9:54 PM

txmomof6 on April 16, 2011 at 9:41 PM

That was my Dad’s favorite poem.
Survived the depression, fought in WWII, raised 7 kids.
We learned that poem as kids. He lived it.

massrighty on April 16, 2011 at 9:56 PM

Press Release,from:
===================

The SarahCudian Revolutionary Voter Guards.

We stand as one,with Sarah Palin,

our,

Commander In Chief!!!(snark).

canopfor on April 16, 2011 at 9:57 PM

canopfor on April 16, 2011 at 9:48 PM
========================

You are absolutely correct! I would pull that lever with a huge smile :-D

IowaWoman on April 16, 2011 at 9:54 PM

IowaWoman:Amen:)

canopfor on April 16, 2011 at 9:58 PM

That was my Dad’s favorite poem.
Survived the depression, fought in WWII, raised 7 kids.
We learned that poem as kids. He lived it.

massrighty on April 16, 2011 at 9:56 PM

You have been blessed.

IowaWoman on April 16, 2011 at 9:59 PM

As do we all.

I really don’t know what else to say but – when a party outright LIES to it’s base voters – what are we supposed to think?

They THINK we will suck it up and vote for them anyway – because there’s no way we’d vote for Obama.

But I have news for them – when someone lies to me – I don’t forget. Liars aren’t the answer to this nation’s problems … so there is really no use in voting for them. Better to stay home or vote for hopeychangey and wait for what comes next.

Sooooo pissed off at the Republican party. Right now – I dislike John Boehner more than Chuck Schumer. And that’s another thing I hate the GOP for – for making me feel that way.

LIARS. Damned Liars.

posted at 4:53 pm on August 29, 2008 by Allahpundit

canopfor on April 16, 2011 at 10:03 PM
===========================================
Crap,forgot sa Linky.

canopfor on April 16, 2011 at 10:05 PM

cynccook on April 16, 2011 at 9:04 PM

Polls ar enothing but leftist PR to push a narrative. Believe polls at your own peril. Esp polls 2years out.

unseen on April 16, 2011 at 10:06 PM

LIARS. Damned Liars.

HondaV65 on April 16, 2011 at 10:00 PM

Purge. The. GOP.

It’s all we have left, short of starting our own party. And that has some serious drawbacks.

predator on April 16, 2011 at 10:07 PM

“Candidate Obama promised that fiscal responsibility but President Obama flushed a trillion dollars down the drain on a useless stimulus package” — Sarah Palin

That’s just what happened.

Paul-Cincy on April 16, 2011 at 10:07 PM

I just watched the speech.

I got goose bumps when she said…..

PappyD61 on April 16, 2011 at 10:07 PM

I guess no one saw the signicance of a 15 minute speech?

Palin was laying a marker. Get it? so much for the left’s hope of her 15 minutes of Fame being over….

ROFL…and they think Palin is dumb….She is running circles within circles …..

unseen on April 16, 2011 at 10:09 PM

Veni, Vidi, Vici

I came, I saw, I conquered

If Palin runs, she’ll win, and I hope she has Breitbart as Press Secretary.

The rumors of Gov. Palin’s political death, have been greatly exaggerated.

Kini on April 16, 2011 at 10:10 PM

LIARS. Damned Liars.

HondaV65 on April 16, 2011 at 10:00 PM

Honda, we shall take care of that. Same way we did in 2010 Primarys. We shall continue to clean up the GOP, and clean out the Progressives. That is why “We The People” still Rally, volunteer, donate and vote. It will not end until “We The People” are truly represented.

IowaWoman on April 16, 2011 at 10:11 PM

I’m curious what people think about a possible Sarah/Rand ticket?

I’m hoping for Palin/West.

On taking office Palin, says her main job will be the economy, getting people back to work, energy, and a balanced budget, and West will be her liaison to the military to make sure we finish the job in Iraq and Afghanistan, to make sure our veterans are being properly cared for, and to improve relations with our key military allies.

huckleberryfriend on April 16, 2011 at 10:11 PM

I just watched the speech.

I got goose bumps when she said…..

PappyD61 on April 16, 2011 at 10:07 PM

PappyD61:Just watched it,half hour ago,I got choked up,
the real McKoy!!:)

canopfor on April 16, 2011 at 10:13 PM

Crap,forgot sa Linky.

canopfor on April 16, 2011 at 10:05 PM

Wonderful thing those archives.

Kini on April 16, 2011 at 10:13 PM

I agree except Palin/Cain 2012

IowaWoman on April 16, 2011 at 9:45 PM

Cain supported Boehners sham bill to the hilt and was not up for a fight. He’s one of the establishment Republicans that Palin was critical of in her speech—and that criticism is why I’m now contemplating supporting her for the first time.

So if she gets a surge in support out of this I think it will be for that reason, and if she turns around and chooses a lame establishment VP she will lose her appeal to people like me.

FloatingRock on April 16, 2011 at 10:14 PM

Progressive Witch King riding his Government Nazgul.

Sarah with sword in hand. (42 seconds of movie magic)

PappyD61 on April 16, 2011 at 10:15 PM

I just watched the speech.

I got goose bumps when she said…..

PappyD61 on April 16, 2011 at 10:07 PM

PappyD61:Just watched it,half hour ago,I got choked up,
the real McKoy!!:)

canopfor on April 16, 2011 at 10:13 PM

****I hope she runs.

PappyD61 on April 16, 2011 at 10:15 PM

“Tea Party Americans won an electoral victory of historic proportions last November, We the People, we rose up and decisively rejected the Left’s Big Government agenda, We don’t want it, We can’t afford it, and We are unwilling to pay for it” — Sarah Palin

If no one else is going to stand up and say this, then, I guess it has to be Sarah in 2012. That’s just the way it’s going to have to be.

Paul-Cincy on April 16, 2011 at 10:16 PM

I’m curious what people think about a possible Sarah/Rand ticket?

I’m hoping for Palin/West.

Palin/Rand
Palin/West
Palin/Rubio

I can live with any of the three.

unseen on April 16, 2011 at 10:16 PM

cynccook on April 16, 2011 at 9:04 PM

Same world where a community organizer with a 5 minute career got 63 million votes.

fossten on April 16, 2011 at 10:17 PM

That was my Dad’s favorite poem.
Survived the depression, fought in WWII, raised 7 kids.
We learned that poem as kids. He lived it.

massrighty on April 16, 2011 at 9:56 PM
You have been blessed.

IowaWoman on April 16, 2011 at 9:59 PM

Agreed IW. That was one hell of a generation. My grandparents were the same, except it was 10 kids! Wish they were still around. We need to clean this place up so as not to diminish what they left us.

txmomof6 on April 16, 2011 at 10:18 PM

Another Blast from the Past,plus a bonus,in what you H/A’s
had to say,bout,the real deal?!
================================

Quotes of the day
*****************

posted at 10:25 pm on August 30, 2008 by Allahpundit
—————————————————-

“The great threat to the Obama-Biden ticket can be captured in one word: authenticity.”

“Liberals love Obama because he is a Numinous Negro. Conservatives love Palin because she has a Downs baby and an M-16.”
===========

canopfor on April 16, 2011 at 10:18 PM

The quote of the day should be “Game on” Oh, yes, she is running.

Go SarahAmerica!

BetseyRoss on April 16, 2011 at 10:19 PM

FloatingRock on April 16, 2011 at 10:14 PM

Come to the Dark Side, We have Cookies.

If anything, Gov. Palin’s energy policy, I can envision as; eliminating the EPA. License offshore and ANWR drilling. Tax breaks for new refineries, and I could go on, but I need another drink.

Kini on April 16, 2011 at 10:19 PM

Progressive Witch King riding his Government Nazgul.

Sarah with sword in hand. (42 seconds of movie magic)

PappyD61 on April 16, 2011 at 10:15 PM

Excellent. +100

predator on April 16, 2011 at 10:20 PM

If there is one word that can be used to describe Sarah Palin it is the word consistency.

technopeasant on April 16, 2011 at 10:21 PM

Ooh, I got chills.

Douche chills.

Kensington on April 16, 2011 at 10:21 PM

Progressive Witch King riding his Government Nazgul.

Sarah with sword in hand. (42 seconds of movie magic)

PappyD61 on April 16, 2011 at 10:15 PM

Excellent. +100
Awesome. And did you notice the help from Merry AKA the Tea Party!

predator on April 16, 2011 at 10:20 PM

txmomof6 on April 16, 2011 at 10:25 PM

oops screwed up that blockquote!

txmomof6 on April 16, 2011 at 10:25 PM

That was my Dad’s favorite poem.
Survived the depression, fought in WWII, raised 7 kids.
We learned that poem as kids. He lived it.

massrighty on April 16, 2011 at 9:56 PM

You have been blessed.

IowaWoman on April 16, 2011 at 9:59 PM

txmomof6 on April 16, 2011 at 10:18 PM

Thank you both. Dad, and a group of his friends joined up on Dec 8th, 1941. They stayed friends, (and they and their spouses became godparents to the kids of our generation.) Marvelous examples of genuine heroes, who were also ordinary guys.

massrighty on April 16, 2011 at 10:27 PM

PappyD61:Just watched it,half hour ago,I got choked up,
the real McKoy!!:)

canopfor on April 16, 2011 at 10:13 PM

****I hope she runs.

PappyD61 on April 16, 2011 at 10:15 PM

PappyD61:Amen,keep your posts com’n,thie Kick*ss:)

Btw,Sarah reminds me of,
—————————

She would go down in history as “the destroyer escort that fought like a battleship”.
*****************************
*****************************

USS SAMUEL B. ROBERTS (DE 413)

“The Destroyer Escort that fought like a Battleship.”

=====================================

Dogfights Leyte Gulf 1 of 5
*******************************

The Battle of Leyte Gulf. United States Navy destroyers, destroyer escorts, and Navy pilots display incredible courage in saving the Leyte invasion force. Main focus is on the U.S.S Johnston and her Captain, who won the Medal of Honor

canopfor on April 16, 2011 at 10:27 PM

Awesome. And did you notice the help from Merry AKA the Tea Party!

predator on April 16, 2011 at 10:28 PM

unseen on April 16, 2011 at 10:16 PM

Rubio seems like a good guy but he really flubbed Libya, I thought. He jumped in with both feet without knowing what he was getting into. (Which proves that McCain, as well as Obama, was the wrong man for the job.)

FloatingRock on April 16, 2011 at 10:29 PM

Progressive Witch King riding his Government Nazgul.

Sarah with sword in hand. (42 seconds of movie magic)

PappyD61 on April 16, 2011 at 10:15 PM

PappyD61:You’ll like this then!:)
===================================

Heavy Metal, Taarna – Part 1
********************************

+++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++

Heavy Metal, Taarna – Part 2
*****************************

canopfor on April 16, 2011 at 10:32 PM

FloatingRock on April 16, 2011 at 10:29 PM

I see Rubio as young enough and smart enough and a good enough politican to know which side his bread is buttered unlike Bush the first who couldn’t wait to overturn Reagan’s policies rubio I think will understadn he needs to build on Gov Plain’s when she leaves office.

I’m basically thinking which VP would make a good 2020 POTUS candidate.

unseen on April 16, 2011 at 10:33 PM

Hatshepsut

Cleopatra

Elizabeth

Thatcher

Palin

Get used to it.

Saltysam on April 16, 2011 at 10:35 PM

Crap,forgot sa Linky.

canopfor on April 16, 2011 at 10:05 PM
===================
Wonderful thing those archives.

Kini on April 16, 2011 at 10:13 PM

Kini:Aloha Kini,yes,my support is documented,like many
others!!:)

canopfor on April 16, 2011 at 10:35 PM

So let’s see in a 15 min speech. Palin took on the GOp establishment, UNIOn leaders, the media, and Obama?

She made her case on why the TEa party is around, what they want from the GOP and what she is prepared to do if the GOP does not include the TEa party.

she also laid out a broadplan on where she would take the country by highlighting what she disagreed with from Obama and the GOP

I would say that quailifies as a very effective communicator. Would anyone wish to disagree?

Hell Pres Clinton would have needed a 3 hour speech to do that….and I doubt Mitt would ever be able to do that.

unseen on April 16, 2011 at 10:38 PM

I’m basically thinking which VP would make a good 2020 POTUS candidate.

unseen on April 16, 2011 at 10:33 PM

Stop.

We need to stop looking for presidential hopefuls from Congress.

Palin/Walker

Saltysam on April 16, 2011 at 10:38 PM

So much for the establishment’s hopes that Bachmann would be a foil for Palin. Palin just showed Bachmann who the alpha is in the game.

unseen on April 16, 2011 at 10:39 PM

We need to stop looking for presidential hopefuls from Congress.

Palin/Walker

Saltysam on April 16, 2011 at 10:38 PM

nice. It would also help the 2012 campaign and place the upper midwest in play…

unseen on April 16, 2011 at 10:40 PM

nice. It would also help the 2012 campaign and place the upper midwest in play…

unseen on April 16, 2011 at 10:40 PM

It plays, doesn’t it?

Saltysam on April 16, 2011 at 10:41 PM

unseen on April 16, 2011 at 10:33 PM

But consider this: Rubio jumped into Libya for the same reason that McCain did, I think; they were foolish enough to buy into the “Arab Spring” and “democracy movement” propaganda.

FloatingRock on April 16, 2011 at 10:42 PM

Cuda shoots. She scores!!!

kingsjester on April 16, 2011 at 10:42 PM

I like the fact that both Sarah and MB are out there making speeches and hinting at runs. They are the real pit bulls of our side. They have more political cajones than all the republican men on the scene–combined.

predator on April 16, 2011 at 10:43 PM

It plays, doesn’t it?

Saltysam on April 16, 2011 at 10:41 PM

Yes very well.

Also notice that Palin to the bes tof my knowledge is the only GOP candidate that came out today and defended Paul Rayn form Obama’s mean disrespectful attack on Wed.

Palin expects to have the upper midwest as battleground states.

unseen on April 16, 2011 at 10:44 PM

Saltysam on April 16, 2011 at 10:38 PM

I don’t know much about Walker yet but he certainly merits consideration. Unlike Boehner, Walker seems to be a man of his word.

FloatingRock on April 16, 2011 at 10:44 PM

I liked the part where she tells Obama he does not have our consent to do what he does:

jdawg on April 16, 2011 at 10:44 PM

FloatingRock on April 16, 2011 at 10:42 PM

Because they believe their own press clippings.

darwin-t on April 16, 2011 at 10:44 PM

unseen on April 16, 2011 at 10:38 PM

unseen:Great point,unlike Pelosi,who failed to use her broom
to clean her house,Sarah,uses her mind,to clean up da
trash,er,(UNIOn leaders, the media, and Obama):)

canopfor on April 16, 2011 at 10:45 PM

FloatingRock on April 16, 2011 at 10:42 PM

true.. Palin’s position on Libya was always in relation to capturing or killing the mad man that murdered 300+ Americans. rubio’s was defending Obama’s action was he not?

unseen on April 16, 2011 at 10:45 PM

Great speech. Wonderful. But I like her indoor voice a lot more.

John the Libertarian on April 16, 2011 at 10:46 PM

In Rubio’s defense I believe he voted against the sham bill last week.

FloatingRock on April 16, 2011 at 10:46 PM