PPP poll: Trump totally running away with this GOP race now; Update: Used to support universal health care

posted at 5:32 pm on April 15, 2011 by Allahpundit

I don’t know what’s left to say about polls like this that I haven’t already said, so follow that last link if you missed it the first time around. Today’s funsies: Trump 26, Huckabee 17, Romney 15, Gingrich 11, Palin 8.

Only 38% of Republican primary voters say they’re willing to support a candidate for President next year who firmly rejects the birther theory and those folks want Mitt Romney to be their nominee for President next year. With the other 62% of Republicans- 23% of whom say they are only willing to vote for a birther and 39% of whom are not sure- Donald Trump is cleaning up. And as a result Trump’s ridden the controversy about Barack Obama’s place of birth to the highest level of support we’ve found for anyone in our national GOP polling so far in 2011…

Among that 23% only willing to vote for a birther Trump is cleaning up even more, getting 37% to 13% for Huckabee and Palin, and 10% for Romney and Gingrich. He’s a lot weaker with the 38% who say they’re perfectly happy to vote for someone who’s dismissed the birther theory- with them Romney leads at 23%, with Huckabee at 18%, Trump at 17%, Gingrich at 10%, and Palin at only 7%.

Couple of things here. One: Take a good, hard look at this classic Gallup poll from March 2007. Remember it whenever you see any new “Trump leads” data going forward. Two: No one seriously believes that 23 percent of Republicans have a hard-and-fast “Birthers only!” rule in the primaries. As Ben Smith notes, that’s less of a serious metric than it is a case of Kos’s pollster throwing chum in the water for the nutroots. Three: The one interesting data point here is that, without Trump in the race, Huckabee, Gingrich, and Palin all gain at least four points — whereas Romney gains just one. Last week, I thought there might be some overlap in the Trump and Romney bases, but this suggests that the Donald is pulling more votes from the right than from the center. Is that a result of his Birther push or more a function of grassroots conservatives looking for an outsider because they’re tired of politics as usual?

Via Mediaite, here’s his interview this afternoon with Rush Limbaugh. It opens with Trump donating $100,000 to the annual cure-a-thon.

Update: I already knew this and have linked at least one piece previously in Headlines about it, but if you missed it then, you’ll be hearing much more about it if he runs:

For a few months, Trump hashed out a policy agenda. It wasn’t much, but it was enough to fill a quickie book: The America We Deserve, published in January 2000. The Trump of 11 years ago sounds a lot like the Trump who has taken over cable TV and the Huffington Post top banner these past few weeks: He’s against immigration amnesty. He’s worried about terrorism. He’s rending his hair over America’s economic decline. Oh, and there were a few other things.

“We must have universal healthcare,” wrote Trump. “I’m a conservative on most issues but a liberal on this one. We should not hear so many stories of families ruined by healthcare expenses.”

The goal of health care reform, wrote Trump, should be a system that looks a lot like Canada. “Doctors might be paid less than they are now, as is the case in Canada, but they would be able to treat more patients because of the reduction in their paperwork,” he writes.

So there’s something else he has in common with Romney, I guess.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

But it’s not like Daniels started out high and dropped like a lead balloon.

JetBoy on April 15, 2011 at 7:09 PM

Fair point. If PPP is accurate, Palin does appear to be hemorraging support more than others. Doesn’t affect my feelings about her though. I figure anyone who has stopped supporting her recently was probably supporting her for the wrong reasons to begin with.

Kataklysmic on April 15, 2011 at 7:24 PM

NOR will I vote for him as a 3rd Party candidate

Dire Straits on April 15, 2011 at 6:51 PM
If he tries that route, he deserves to be scraped off the bottoms of everyone’s shoes as a twin of the turd sandwich Obama is.

profitsbeard on April 15, 2011 at 7:02 PM

NO THIRD PARTY!!!!!!!!

If Romney wins the primaries & Trump then runs as an independant. I will vote (cringe) for Romney (the candidate I like the least) & I like Trump a whole lot better than Romney.

redridinghood on April 15, 2011 at 7:24 PM

here’s the Donald answering the questions being asked here.

lobosan5 on April 15, 2011 at 7:20 PM

Updated 11/11/2008 09:19 PM
NY1 Exclusive: Donald Trump Slams “Evil” Bush, Praises Obama

the_nile on April 15, 2011 at 7:29 PM

Heh, what the heck.

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!!!11!1!

Brian1972 on April 15, 2011 at 7:21 PM

Please don’t torture me.

We may not have a football season. *sigh*

JetBoy on April 15, 2011 at 7:32 PM

We may not have a football season. *sigh*

JetBoy on April 15, 2011 at 7:32 PM

No kidding. They may yet work things out, given it involves a few billion dollars. Then again, egos may not allow that to happen.

At least I’ll have the SEC! Go Vols!

Brian1972 on April 15, 2011 at 7:33 PM

I noticed that what it really does (the numbers) is push Palin down into the SINGLE DIGITS behind Newt and Fried Squirrel.

Obama THE WORST PRESIDENT IN AMERICAN HISTORY is gloating and so full of himself right now thinking the American People will see he deserves a 2nd term…

I’d almost vote for Satan if he ran against Obama in 2012.

PappyD61 on April 15, 2011 at 7:35 PM

If Romney wins the primaries and Trump then runs as an independent, I will vote (cringe) for Romney

Has anyone done a poll of a Trump vs. Obama race?

Emperor Norton on April 15, 2011 at 7:36 PM

On Hannity last night, Trump said that he would only run as an Independent if after losing the Republican nomination, he could see in polling an opportunity for a clean and unequivocal win. He said the last thing he would do is run if it appeared that he would split conservatives and deliver another term to the Bamster, Perot-style.

Nevertheless, anyone thinking about an independent run this early is showing that it’s clearly more about himself than about party or country.

slickwillie2001 on April 15, 2011 at 7:38 PM

At least I’ll have the SEC! Go Vols!

Brian1972 on April 15, 2011 at 7:33 PM

I have my ACC Terps…*sigh again*

JetBoy on April 15, 2011 at 7:38 PM

I have my ACC Terps…*sigh again*

JetBoy on April 15, 2011 at 7:38 PM

They gotta play Florida State, North Carolina, Clemson, Virginia Tech, ect.

Not an easy schedule.

Brian1972 on April 15, 2011 at 7:40 PM

Trump is an Obama stalking horse. Wonder what he gets from the Dems for running as a Conservitive and splitting the vote?

mechkiller_k on April 15, 2011 at 7:43 PM

As more and more states adopt ballot laws requiring full documentation for candidates, the “birther” winds will leave Trump’s sails.

He’s a flash in the pan, whoring media attention from a MSM eager to give it, to distract from Barry Soetoro’s economic and foreign policy fiascoes.

Rebar on April 15, 2011 at 7:50 PM

I don’t think these polls are relevant until all of the potential cadidates are declared and on the campaign trail.

I’m no polling expert, but this poll doesn’t seem very reliable at all and JetBoy I would be thinking the same thing if Palin was polling better at this time as well.

We have a long way to go in this marathon and the race is barely underway.

This from PPP at the end of their poll release of the internals gives me pause.

PPP surveyed 400 Republican primary voters nationally from April 7th to 10th. The survey’s margin for error is +/- 4.9%. Other factors, such as refusal to be interviewed and weighting, may introduce additional error that is more difficult to quantify.

Only 400 primary voters surveyed in a national poll? Did they actually get 8 voters from each state? How does that really tell us anything?

Survey’s margin of error at +/- 4.9% with a chance for additional error with the sample. No thanks on this poll.

I find this poll worthless, well unless the ‘Cuda was leading it then I would be spamming it everywhere. Right JetBoy? ;)

chief on April 15, 2011 at 7:51 PM

If you like Obama or hate him, Americans have the right to know who it is making life altering decisions for over 300 million Americans and affecting the lives of countless millions more overseas.

For some inexplicable reason, Donald Trump alone is willing to say what I think a lot of people (way more than will admit) have been wondering since Obama was elected. For that reason alone, Trump gets my support. And if some other Republican hopeful wants to join in, I say come aboard and get ready for a bump in the polls for your efforts! Count on it.

And another thing, and this goes for everyone from Glen Beck to Bill O’Reilly and countless other pundits on our airwaves. Quit saying you know FOR SURE that Obama was born in Hawaii, because you don’t. In the absence of a real and valid birth certificate, there is no firm proof. THAT is the whole point of having a birth certificate! I bet even Obama himself is not exactly certain where he was born.

The whole thing reminds me of a line from a Marx Brothers movie. Some guy asks Chico when he was born, and he responds, “How should I know, I was just a little baby!”

leapsandbounds on April 15, 2011 at 7:56 PM

A friend of mine who was one of his creditors some time ago told me that there is lots of stuff that will come out when they start looking. He goes on about what a great businessman he is but he won’t like the scrutiny that will come with being a serious candidate.

From my experience… a guy shouting about what a great businessman he is is a pretty good sign that he isn’t.

lexhamfox on April 15, 2011 at 7:58 PM

The logic of Trump’s demand that, in a nation of laws, everyone is held to the same standards is unassailable. The position of the left, supported by the weenies, that special rules should apply to Barack Obama has no appeal to the average American, who possesses more common sense in the tips of his fingers than his betters do in their whole hands.

Basilsbest on April 15, 2011 at 8:04 PM

Basilsbest on April 15, 2011 at 8:04 PM

Of course, the Left also said that “President” Bill Clinton was above the law for the felony crime of lying under oath to a Federal Grand Jury about sex.

This despite the fact that several years earlier, Bill Clinton’s Justice Department had successfully prosecuted a female Federal employee for doing the exact same thing.

Clinton was never tainted by his crime, which you and I would have to serve 3 years in a Federal prison for. To the contrary, he’s now a Rock Star.

Del Dolemonte on April 15, 2011 at 8:13 PM

I want an open Friday thread.

*pouts*

ProudPalinFan on April 15, 2011 at 8:13 PM

I don’t believe this poll. Every day I hear or read something in the media that I just plain do not believe.

Trump is publicity seeking clown.

Terrye on April 15, 2011 at 8:16 PM

The longer people wait to crush Trump with his flip flopping positions and general stupidity, the greater chance that he will run as an independent.
Stupid people are doing a great job at handing Obama his re-election.

Dave Rywall on April 15, 2011 at 8:18 PM

Okay, this has been fun and all, but enough.

SukieTawdry on April 15, 2011 at 8:25 PM

I must note that Lou Dobbs has a million dollar smile. :D

ProudPalinFan on April 15, 2011 at 8:25 PM

Stupid people are doing a great job at handing Obama his re-election.

Dave Rywall on April 15, 2011 at 8:18 PM

Mr. Rywall, Mrs. Palin calls them “the establishment republicans.” Money talks, and bull walks. Let’s see:

1-Trump’s in FLA right now. I heard he will attend a TP rally where West will be at?

2-Plays golf, owns a golf course or two. Who lives in FLA? Rush, baby. You think they won’t go for a round, esp. after the donation to Rush’s charity of choice?

3-I was napping and woke up to that King show, with the birther issue-major bickering with Ms. Orly I guess-she was interviewed by the website Conservatives B.C. If anybody saw that, the counterpart for her argument looked and sounded like Whoopie in a suit.

4-On and off, King was showing this fancy-schmancy stage in FL where Trump will have a presser (?).

More stuff will be brought up here, or I’ll think of something later.

ProudPalinFan on April 15, 2011 at 8:33 PM

Right now I support Trump because the rest of the GOP can’t even muster a pulse. Palin doesn’t appear to have intentions of running right now, and Romney, Pawlenty, Daniels, and all the other milquetoast dudes cannot inspire anyone. They are too nice, too mealy-mouthed, too afraid of Obama and the media. It’s sad and pathetic.

Until that changes, Trump all the way. He might not have all the policies I favor, but he isn’t a cowering ninny. Obama will steamroll any candidate who takes his childish attacks lying down and pretending that people will see through him. You need to point out a spoiled brat when you see one, not pretend that he and his fellow adolescents in the media will ever call their man-child bully into account. They will not. Republicans will have to attack him. They must not be afraid to. If they are, America loses.

BKennedy on April 15, 2011 at 8:35 PM

Stupid people are doing a great job at handing Obama his re-election.

Dave Rywall on April 15, 2011 at 8:18 PM

Glad to hear that you are so concerned about conservatives. And now you are hoping Obama is going to be defeated? Really? /

sharrukin on April 15, 2011 at 8:36 PM

Trump used to be part of the Patriotic Millionaires, he used to support gun control, he used to support the Teacher’s Union, he used to support Clash for Clunkers, he used to support free homes for everyone.

But he’s grown, people, he’s GROWN!

ramrants on April 15, 2011 at 8:37 PM

But he’s grown, people, he’s GROWN!

ramrants on April 15, 2011 at 8:37 PM

Unlike the other Republicans, who are still in the invertebrate stage.

I’ll take an imperfect candidate with a spine when my other choices are imperfect candidates without.

BKennedy on April 15, 2011 at 8:38 PM

BKennedy on April 15, 2011 at 8:38 PM

How come I never hear anyone say that about Palin?

gryphon202 on April 15, 2011 at 8:40 PM

ramrants on April 15, 2011 at 8:37 PM

Is there anyone else willing to fight?

He may be a syphilitic one-eyed tomcat, but at least he ain’t a mouse.

sharrukin on April 15, 2011 at 8:41 PM

How come I never hear anyone say that about Palin?

gryphon202 on April 15, 2011 at 8:40 PM

Because she will fight too, and that upsets a lot of the same people who are angry at Trump.

sharrukin on April 15, 2011 at 8:42 PM

I really hope Trump isn’t our guy in 2012 but with the way the media is playing it he will be. Then we really will be screwed.

Brat4life on April 15, 2011 at 8:42 PM

I must note that Lou Dobbs has a million dollar smile. :D

ProudPalinFan on April 15, 2011 at 8:25 PM

Nowhere near, those cost about $15,000 these days.

slickwillie2001 on April 15, 2011 at 8:42 PM

PappyD61 on April 15, 2011 at 7:35 PM

And the difference would be…?

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on April 15, 2011 at 8:44 PM

c’mon, trump? really? because he’s been *so* influential and such a consistent champion of conservative ideals for so long?

what?

good grief.

Midas on April 15, 2011 at 8:49 PM

Unlike the other Republicans, who are still in the invertebrate stage.

BKennedy on April 15, 2011 at 8:38 PM

It’s not about perfection , Trump is dishonest and phony.

And btw , Palin going to WI to speak at the Madison Tea party rally to celebrate the Prosser win.

the_nile on April 15, 2011 at 8:51 PM

Another way to spell Trump is NOTA. I wouldn’t support any of those candidates listed either. I certainly wouldn’t vote for Trump, but his level of support is an indication of how weak that field is. Some new blood better enter the race soon or we’re looking at four more years of Obamastan.

melchitt on April 15, 2011 at 8:53 PM

he isn’t a cowering ninny.

BKennedy on April 15, 2011 at 8:35 PM

No, he’s a liberal and a pandering flim-flam man. And you are a gullible voter.

Jaibones on April 15, 2011 at 8:55 PM

Emperor Norton on April 15, 2011 at 7:36 PM

I haven’t seen it myself, but Hannity said that CNN found that Trump is tied with O. I’m curious, too.

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on April 15, 2011 at 8:56 PM

Well, there’s a stretch of an interpretation. I guess if there was any doubt that PPP polls are meant to push an agenda, this ought to settle it.

tom on April 15, 2011 at 8:57 PM

Here is the audio of Levin destroying Trump on his show tonight that was mentioned earlier in the thread if anyone would like to listen.

Via the Right Scoop.

Levin Rips Donald Trump to Shreds

chief on April 15, 2011 at 8:58 PM

This PPP Poll at this time means nothing of significants!

MCGIRV on April 15, 2011 at 9:01 PM

No, he’s a liberal and a pandering flim-flam man. And you are a gullible voter.

Jaibones on April 15, 2011 at 8:55 PM

Soon as Palin gets in, I’ll switch my allegiance.

The willingness to hit Obama hard and fast is the only way to win. Romney will not do that and supports universal health care. Mitch Daniels, Tim Pawlenty, Rick Santorum, John Huntsman and the rest are somehow even wimpier.

Huckabee is also right out, talk about a candidate of last resort. He’s the televangelist huckster personified, he even has Huck in his name.

Point blank: If they won’t fight Obama and the media they will lose. It is impossible, impossible to have a worse president than Barack Hussein Obama among the current field.

BKennedy on April 15, 2011 at 9:02 PM

Further Update: Masturbated When A Teenager.

Basilsbest on April 15, 2011 at 9:08 PM

Trump is tearing Obama to pieces right now. REzko, Ayers, WRight etc etc etc….

ted c on April 15, 2011 at 9:08 PM

Trump is tearing Obama to pieces right now. REzko, Ayers, WRight etc etc etc….

ted c on April 15, 2011 at 9:08 PM

Well now he’s gonna get it from McCain too.
He stepped over the line with that one! /

sharrukin on April 15, 2011 at 9:10 PM

Regarding PPP – you have an organization run by a liberal Democrat kid a couple of years out of college and a retired college professor (who was once also head of the North Carolina ACLU). It has strong ties with and receives financial support from the Democratic Party. It also is the pollster for Kos.

Why would I trust them?

bw222 on April 15, 2011 at 9:11 PM

Barack Obama can spin, duck, and bob and weave, but he still hasn’t produced anything compared to what the Donald has.

Within days, Donald Trump produced his long form BC, meanwhile Barry’s still hiding his behind millions in lawyers fees. Why? Because it doesn’t exist. He’s occupying the white house as an illegal alien.

Besides, not having a long form BC, Obama doesn’t qualify to meet Article II, to the Constitution, as being a “natural born citizen.”

byteshredder on April 15, 2011 at 9:14 PM

Trump is tearing Obama to pieces right now. REzko, Ayers, WRight etc etc etc….

ted c on April 15, 2011 at 9:08 PM

I’m a Palin warrior, But Trump’s kicking is Obama’s A$$ :)

idesign on April 15, 2011 at 9:14 PM

Why would I trust them?

bw222 on April 15, 2011 at 9:11 PM

Piss-Poor Polling.

slickwillie2001 on April 15, 2011 at 9:15 PM

Much like Mitt, Trump is an egotistical opportunist. He has flipped more than the fish before Sarah Palin clubbed it.

If the President Trump wanted to run against was a Republican, I could trump going 180 degrees in the opposite direction on the Jim Hightower, Bill Press or Ed Schultz Show.

bw222 on April 15, 2011 at 9:19 PM

I’m a Palin warrior, But Trump’s kicking is Obama’s A$$ :)

idesign on April 15, 2011 at 9:14 PM

yep. Trump was dropping heavy artillery on Obama’s house. The Rezko/Obama land deal–Trump said that if anyone else would’ve done that deal, they’d be in jail. Trump thinks Ayers wrote Obama’s book and said that Obama got bad grades and should’ve never got into harvard.

ted c on April 15, 2011 at 9:21 PM

WHOA! Bill Ayers GOT THE SH!T kicked out of him by Larry Elder on the air.

ted c on April 15, 2011 at 9:26 PM

Um, yes? He wasn’t even a serious candidate 11 years ago. And you know how much he loves to hear himself talk. As I said, I hardly think he’s still down with that idea.

nickj116 on April 15, 2011 at 6:11 PM

He was seriously considering an independent run 11 years ago. That’s why so many of his opinions exist from 1999-2000. Now you want us to believe he’s turned a complete 180 from those ideas? Talk about a leap of faith.

MadisonConservative on April 15, 2011 at 9:38 PM

You’re reminding me of Trump, lol. You kind of like to hear yourself talk, even if what you say is BS.

nickj116 on April 15, 2011 at 6:14 PM

If you don’t mind…actually, forget it, I don’t give a damn whether you mind or not…you are Hot Air’s official “Trump Chump”. If you’re going to blindly ignore more disturbing statements about soaking the rich, universal health care, gun control, and other issues just because you’re suddenly dazzled by the fact that he’s getting tough with Obama(which, by the way, plenty of leftists have done when they thought he wasn’t going far enough), then you’re no better than the Mittens, Ronulans, McCainiacs, etc.

If you’re fine voting for a guy who came up with ideas that only Communist leaders have implemented, then nothing I can say will snap you out of your mind-boggling adoration.

MadisonConservative on April 15, 2011 at 9:42 PM

Wow. News to me. *coughs loudly*

MadisonConservative on April 15, 2011 at 9:44 PM

I love me some Trump. Love his views. Conservative when he needs to be, libertarian when it matters, and liberal when it’s smart. I don’t know if he can win, but with the pathetic trio of Romney, Huckabee, and Huckabee-in-Heels, Trump knows what the American voter is looking for.

Let the head exploding begin.

keep the change on April 15, 2011 at 9:53 PM

Let the head exploding begin.

keep the change on April 15, 2011 at 9:53 PM

You don’t know what his views are. And your praise for his flip-flopping speaks just as loudly about your character as it does Trump’s.

gryphon202 on April 15, 2011 at 9:57 PM

Trump is definitely out.

AshleyTKing on April 15, 2011 at 10:01 PM

Trump is definitely out.

AshleyTKing on April 15, 2011 at 10:01 PM

Donald Trump’s abuse of eminent domain is legendary, not to mention ongoing. He simply does not care who he has to step on, or how.

And that link is but one example of many — just happens to be the first one I have bookmarked.

gryphon202 on April 15, 2011 at 10:04 PM

Trump is a clown.

therightwinger on April 15, 2011 at 10:09 PM

Trump doesn’t “try and take a crack at making a run for the presidency” that’s just not the way he sees his world. If he decides he needs to be president then he goes out and does it. Screw the democrats and screw the republicans too for that matter. Once he’s made up his mind something needs done, HE DOES IT. That’s all. Talk of running as an independent is his way of reminding you, he sees the world VERY differently from ‘ANY THING’S NEGOTIOABLE’ politicians.

For the record, I will NOT vote for Huckabee, I will NOT vote for Romney, and I will NOT vote for Gingrich. So if you nominate any one of them, then YOU’LL be handing the election the Obama! Some things are not negotiable!

Pole-Cat on April 15, 2011 at 10:09 PM

Pole-Cat on April 15, 2011 at 10:09 PM

Sorry dude. If you have half-an-ounce of sense, you’ll be just as adamant about not voting for Trump, as well.

gryphon202 on April 15, 2011 at 10:12 PM

Pole-Cat on April 15, 2011 at 10:09 PM

Go get youself a Volt for the next 4 years of Obama

darwin-t on April 15, 2011 at 10:14 PM

I think The Don is really just pimping this business:

leftnomore on April 15, 2011 at 10:24 PM

People want Obama to be confronted. McCain wouldn’t confront Obama.

seven on April 15, 2011 at 11:04 PM

I swear I’ll wear Obama t-shirts can campaign for him if this fraud wins the right to represent conservatives.

elfman on April 15, 2011 at 11:08 PM

People want Obama to be confronted. McCain wouldn’t confront Obama.

seven on April 15, 2011 at 11:04 PM

Exactly. Can you imagine Trump landing punch after punch on Obama during the debates, while Obama stews hotter and hotter in his own juices, glaring and glowering at him like he did at Ryan in ’09?

Priceless.

fossten on April 15, 2011 at 11:08 PM

gryphon202 on April 15, 2011 at 9:57 PM

I like what I’ve heard so far. And as far your character, well aren’t you a Palin bot? Seems like you are just pissed that your messiah is polling so badly. So like I said, let the head exploding begin.

keep the change on April 15, 2011 at 11:13 PM

Ha ha ha now Trump is shoving his foot in his mouth over the tragedy in Japan.

It just keeps getting better and better with him.

Dave Rywall on April 15, 2011 at 11:26 PM

Ha ha ha now Trump is shoving his foot in his mouth over the tragedy in Japan.

It just keeps getting better and better with him.

Dave Rywall on April 15, 2011 at 11:26 PM

Your tears will be tasty after the debates.

fossten on April 15, 2011 at 11:39 PM

Cross-posted:

Here’s the scorecard after a few rounds:

Trump – not a “true conservative.”

Romney – “” “”

Huckabee – “” “”

Pawlenty – “” “”

Gingrich – “” “”

Ron Paul – “” “”

Gary Johnson – “” “”

John Bolton – ?? ??

Sarah Palin – Is she running?

So, what alternatives are there?

fossten on April 15, 2011 at 11:50 PM

Question for the Trump-Haters here: did it ever occur to you that just possibly The Donald’s gumshoes in Hawai’i have also been looking into things OTHER than the O’bama birth certificate? Such as his earlier school years there, both as a kindergarten student, and then much later, after he returned from his “vacation” in Indonesia to suddenly become a student at the ultra-rich elite Punahou School?

Seems to me they would also be digging into the history of his maternal grandparents, who also lived there in the early 1960s. As well as his mom’s friends at UH Manoa, including the 50th State’s new Governor, Neil Abercrombie.

Since the Hawaiian State “Government” has been lock stock and barrel in Democrat control since I lived there from 1963 on, he’s probably also had his Magnum PIs look into the corrupt DOH there.

According to our “law student” crr6, exactly one State Official (a Democrat) in recent history has seen the “BC”. For her, that’s proof enough that it’s real.

But what about the rest of his paper trail in that State has been verified as real? The street address on Kalanianiole Highway cited in the newspaper birth announcement no longer exists. O’bama’s puppetmasters have also claimed that he was born in one Honolulu hospital, but then later said it was another hospital.

And what about Seattle Attorney Robert Bauer, who was Jeanne-Claude Kerri’s “attack dog lawyer” in 2004? He’s also been O’bama’s head lawyer trying to distract people away from what is real with fancy words.

After all, that’s what highly paid Democrat lawyers do. Heck, they will even work pro bono to protect their clients, even if they are caught dead to rights committing a Federal Perjury Crime (see “Bill Clinton”).

Many of those weasels happily waited 5 or 6 years after the crime to get paid. After all, it was a fellow Democrat who they were trying to prove was above the law!

Del Dolemonte on April 15, 2011 at 11:54 PM

Dave Rywall on April 15, 2011 at 11:26 PM

Hi, Uncle Red! Isn’t there a Hockey Puck looking for you someplace?

PS, Old Man Sedgewick called. Needs more Canadian Club.

Del Dolemonte on April 15, 2011 at 11:56 PM

Del Dolemonte on April 15, 2011 at 11:54 PM

Maybe they can find out what all those scars are on little Bammie’s head. Was there any brain damage? Was it from a disease? Does he still have it? Is he still on medication as a result?

slickwillie2001 on April 16, 2011 at 12:11 AM

Here’s my beef with the diehard birthers – an infant could see why Obama throws up roadblocks for you. He has successfully branded you as the new John Birch society and now the more you guys talk about it the crazier conservatives seem to everyone who isn’t a conservative. Unless there’s definitive, incontrovertible evidence that he was born outside the US you’re never going to get anywhere.
The realities are clear. You poll well w/ Republicans and everyone else thinks you’re crazy. Complaining about it and supporting any idiot who’s willing to throw you a bone won’t change it. So operate in reality. You can hand Obama his second term on a silver platter and still never see his birth certificate, or recognize that there are other issues, like spending, taxes, etc. If you find game changing evidence, more power to you, but in the meantime your temper tantrums only help the President.
The

galenrox on April 16, 2011 at 12:16 AM

Dave Rywall on April 15, 2011 at 11:26 PM

Folks, when even Drywall can see the trainwreck coming, it’s time to switch tracks.

MadisonConservative on April 16, 2011 at 12:19 AM

MadisonConservative on April 16, 2011 at 12:19 AM

I am waiting for Al Sharpton to weigh in. When you have Dave Rywall AND Al Sharpton on your side then you just know your on the right path. /

sharrukin on April 16, 2011 at 12:21 AM

Conservatives are looking for a viable candidate who can win in 2012.

So far nothing but posers.

GarandFan on April 16, 2011 at 12:26 AM

He may be a syphilitic one-eyed tomcat, but at least he ain’t a mouse.

sharrukin

I guess long as he’s our democrat, it’s all good, lol. My, how far we’ve fallen. We despise Obama because of Obamacare, but apparently, a guy pretending to have an R behind his name who wants full blown, government run universal health care is a okay.

Folks, I think it’s safe to say this country is done for.

xblade on April 16, 2011 at 12:31 AM

I guess long as he’s our democrat, it’s all good, lol.

xblade on April 16, 2011 at 12:31 AM

All the GOP candidates are Democrats.

Romney, Daniels, Huckabee, Huntsman, etc.

Sarah Palin and Bolton are the only conservatives who might run. Rand Paul isn’t running against his father, so he doesn’t count.

Who else is there? Another Bush?

sharrukin on April 16, 2011 at 12:36 AM

Sometimes you have to write things down just to do a reality check.

Trump who:

Wants universal health care that is modeled after Canada where he says, doctors make less but can see more people due to less paperwork.

Thinks Bush is the worst president ever and should have been impeached as a result of the Iraq war.

Thinks Obama is “wonderful” and amazing…

Has donated the most to Charlie Rangle of all contributions made.

Was pro choice…

Is not the toast of the town because he says Obama might not have been born in America?

Who’s going to be his running mate, Orly Taitz?

NextGen on April 16, 2011 at 12:39 AM

Sarah Palin said “more power to him” as I recall. She has no problem with Obama being asked about it.

sharrukin on April 15, 2011 at 5:41 PM

Yeah, because she knows it’d be political suicide to do it herself.

MadisonConservative on April 15, 2011 at 5:43 PM

I keep hearing this, usually in a very condescending tone. And yet it keeps being un-suicidal. Why, it’s almost enough to make me question the credibility of the people who dismiss “birthers.”

I’m not saying anything here about whether Obama is a natural-born citizen, but those theories are obviously not quite the death knell they’re supposed to be.

And if Obama really is trying to rope people into looking like conspiracy theorists, then he’s a fool. This isn’t a court. Nobody has to prove that Obama’s not actually a natural born citizen. Inviting people to question whether you’re lying and trying to hide things about your own birth is politically stupid. One might even say it’s … “political suicide.”

Though hopefully without so much condescension….

tom on April 16, 2011 at 12:40 AM

Priceless.

fossten

I’d rather win the election, which Trump can’t and won’t do. Of course, my priorities may be different than yours.

Del Dolemonte

Question for the Trump supporters here: did it ever occur to you that he was lying about sending PIs to Hawaii?

Don’t get me wrong, I have no problem with Trump hammering away at Obama. But there is no way I want him as our candidate, and it is downright sad that he is getting so much Tea Party support.

xblade on April 16, 2011 at 12:45 AM

keep the change on April 15, 2011 at 11:13 PM

That depends on what you mean by “Palin Bot.” I am a Palin supporter, but I don’t share the zeal for her that some of her supporters here display. I simply intend to vote for her in the primaries should the opportunities arise on the basis of what I believe to be her principles.

If you’ll vote for Trump based on how he’s polling at this precise point in time, you deserve another four years of Obama, chump.

gryphon202 on April 16, 2011 at 12:46 AM

sharrukin on April 16, 2011 at 12:21 AM

Broken clocks and all that. Pro-birther, anti-birther, I don’t give a damn. When you’ve spent the last two plus years lamenting Obama’s socialism and ObamaCare and his anti-gun stance, and you’re willing to accept a guy who proposed mass seizure of private citizen’s wealth to pay off the national debt, along with universal health care and more gun restrictions the LAST time he tossed around the idea of running for president…

…then you truly will vote for anyone, and our country is finished.

MadisonConservative on April 16, 2011 at 12:46 AM

keep the change on April 15, 2011 at 11:13 PM

And as for what you’ve heard so far, you’ve heard Trump do nothing but sell out. You may not know it yet, but if he gets to the debates, you may actually figure it out once his opponents start making hay of his numerous (and ongoing) eminent domain abuses.

gryphon202 on April 16, 2011 at 12:47 AM

…then you truly will vote for anyone, and our country is finished.

MadisonConservative on April 16, 2011 at 12:46 AM

Couldn’t have said it any better myself. The only thing I would add is that The Donald seizes private property already with the full complicty of local governments in places like New York City and Atlantic City (and elsewhere) in order to enrich Donald Trump.

Anyone who thinks Trump is the king-sh!t needs to google Vera Coking. And if you’re too lazy to do that, I left a link for you. ;-)

gryphon202 on April 16, 2011 at 12:50 AM

MadisonConservative on April 16, 2011 at 12:46 AM

If you expect me to believe that Trump is as bad as Obama or worse, thats simply absurd. I don’t believe what politicians say. I believe what they do. Thats why Sarah Palin is so impressive and why Romney is not.

Trump is going after Obama. Thats a good thing and long overdue. The more refined politicians couldn’t be bothered to do that. Trump is doing what they should have done years ago. Obama got into office because they refused to take Obama and the politically correct culture to task.

Trump doesn’t have the associations that Obama has. He doesn’t have a Rev. Wright, or ties to terrorists and radicals. That is how you judge someone not on their words.

Trump isn’t much of a conservative but neither are any of the others. Palin is one of the few exceptions and we don’t know if she is running.

If Palin doesn’t run what the hell do we do?

sharrukin on April 16, 2011 at 12:56 AM

I think the reason Trump is polling so high is that people are just sick of politicians.

Most Americans would *love* to see someone as President who hasn’t spent his life running for office.

I don’t think it is any love affair with Trump, per se, just the notion of having someone in office who can look a Senator in the eye and say “up yours” or can go into a department and fire people and not worry about the “political ramifications” puts a smile on people’s faces.

crosspatch on April 16, 2011 at 12:56 AM

If Palin doesn’t run what the hell do we do?

sharrukin on April 16, 2011 at 12:56 AM

Well for starters, quit being such a goddam eeyore. We have Allahpundit here for that.

gryphon202 on April 16, 2011 at 12:58 AM

crosspatch on April 16, 2011 at 12:56 AM

Anyone who really believes Trump is the only would-be candidate who has been doing that hasn’t been paying attention.

gryphon202 on April 16, 2011 at 12:59 AM

I don’t believe what politicians say.

Considering that all that Trump is doing is talking, how the hell do you reconcile that?

Trump isn’t much of a conservative but neither are any of the others.

sharrukin on April 16, 2011 at 12:56 AM

None of the others support seizing 15% of the wealth of every American with net wealth of more than 10 million dollars. Hell, we don’t even know that Obama supports that, but he sure as hell hasn’t suggested it.

That’s not “not much of a conservative”. That’s a hardcore socialist/communist. Nicolae Ceausescu, former leader of communist Romania, seized citizen’s private assets to pay off the country’s debts. Do you understand what I’m saying? The guy you like because he’s talking(and you don’t believe what politicians say) used that same voice you like now, just 11 years ago, to advocate communist policies.

It is utterly, overwhelmingly breathtaking that you think his talk is worth something now, but his talk before is something to be ignore. Absolutely stunning.

MadisonConservative on April 16, 2011 at 1:02 AM

What I find interesting is if any of the real candidates are regretting not addressing Trumps fake Tea Party status before he started to build momentum.

Also the divide between the different conservative media personalities. I was listening to Levin tonight and he has gone mad over Trump, Beck rejected him on his radio show today.

Sean Hannity on the other hand seems to be trying to legitimize Trump while not subscribing to the birther fully, only repeating the “why is he hiding is BC” line.

Why would Sean be trying to legitimize a guy who believes Bush should have been impeached and calls for universal health care?

NextGen on April 16, 2011 at 1:03 AM

MadisonConservative on April 16, 2011 at 1:02 AM

Actually, I don’t find it terribly surprising at all. We want someone with bawlz. But a pair of brassies isn’t the only thing required to make someone fit for The Office of the Presidency.

gryphon202 on April 16, 2011 at 1:05 AM

gryphon202 on April 16, 2011 at 12:58 AM

Well when you have both parties acting like progressives, the president either anti-American or a stone cold incompetant, the economy on the brink and the middle east radicalizing, Mexico on the verge of being a failed state, and no credible declared candidates to fight any of this, its kinda hard not to think that we may be in a spot of trouble.

sharrukin on April 16, 2011 at 1:06 AM

NextGen on April 16, 2011 at 1:03 AM

I’m not too prone to be hard on Hannity. Even I believe that Obama is hiding something. I just think it might be something other than his citizenship status.

gryphon202 on April 16, 2011 at 1:07 AM

NextGen on April 16, 2011 at 1:03 AM

The Dark Knight has a line very appropriate for this situation with Trump:

Alfred Pennyworth: You crossed the line first, sir. You squeezed them, you hammered them to the point of desperation. And in their desperation they turned to a man they didn’t fully understand.

Alfred might as well be talking about conservatives to the GOP establishment.

MadisonConservative on April 16, 2011 at 1:08 AM

sharrukin on April 16, 2011 at 1:06 AM

It’s the “no credible candidates” part that I disagree with you on. But if you trust the party faithful to pick a candidate for you, or even if you find all potential comers to be equally problematic, then you don’t need my permission to wait out the primaries and vote for whoever ends up as the candidate in the general.

I personally believe we’ll have at least one credible candidate by the time the primaries roll around, but I have to admit that in that regard, I am flying on blind faith. In the end, all I can really do is whatever I feel is right and hope that enough people agree with me to make some kind of meaningful difference.

gryphon202 on April 16, 2011 at 1:11 AM