Obama and Beck agree: Birtherism not such a smart strategy for GOP next year

posted at 7:17 pm on April 14, 2011 by Allahpundit

Via the Blaze, confirmation at last that common ground does indeed exist between GB and The One. Just across from ABC:

“I think that over the last two and a half years there’s been an effort to go at me in a way that is politically expedient in the short-term for Republicans. But [it] creates, I think a problem for them when they want to actually run in a general election where most people feel pretty confident the President was born where he says he was, in Hawaii. He– he doesn’t have horns…we’re not really worrying about conspiracy theories or– or birth certificates,” President Obama told me…

“The truth of the matter is that I think that the vast majority of Americans across the country – Democratic or Republican – really want this election to be about growing the economy, getting control of the deficit, preparing the future for our kids. And my suspicion is that anybody who is not addressing those questions…Is going to be in trouble. I think they may get a quick pop in the news. They may get a lot of attention. But ultimately, the American people understand this is a serious, sober time,” he told me.

Beck’s point exactly, although the left will end up having a lotttt of fun with the idea of him suddenly trying to talk people out of a nefarious connect-the-dots Obama conspiracy. In any case, he’s wasting his breath: The hardcore Birthers won’t end the crusade over something as petty as a presidential election and the less hardcore are, I think, enjoying Trump’s Sheen-esque defiance of media political correctness too much right now to abandon him for reasons of expedience. The real fault line here is between people like Beck, who think this issue is a disaster in the making, and other non-Birther Obama opponents like Rush Limbaugh, who see Trump’s confrontationalism as a “blueprint” on how to beat The One. (“You just go right after him, instead of pussyfooting around, worrying about what the independents are gonna say or worried about what the people that pay attention to politics two days a year are gonna say, just go after it.”) Beck’s going to win that argument eventually, but the longer it takes for the campaign to get rolling, the longer it’ll take for Birthermania to fade. Oh well.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Thank God for Glenn Beck.

NickDeringer on April 14, 2011 at 8:43 PM

If it’s on file, it’s available. I read the law, and you can indeed get a certified copy of a long form birth certificate from Hawaii, even today.

Rebar on April 14, 2011 at 8:40 PM

Right, he already released a certified copy. But you’re saying that’s insufficient, for some reason.

All he’ll need to do is point to the statute that says the Health Department doesn’t release the original copy, only a certified copy. Then he’ll give them the certified copy he’s already released. Pretty simple.

crr6 on April 14, 2011 at 8:44 PM

Better question, why is the Left terrified of Bammie’s undocumented status? Why aren’t they all saying “hurry up and show the damn thing already”, as Chris Matthews did? What do they fear is ‘there’?

slickwillie2001 on April 14, 2011 at 8:44 PM

AP, you might want to make this a post of it’s own, at least the issue, because THIS is what the “Birthers” are actually concerned about (a guy in the White House who is not Constitutionally eligible to be there and those who got him in there):

A portion, quoted…but the entire article, linked, is fascinating (with dreadful implications):

…Then, one day, someone stumbles into that evidence, and the house of cards comes crashing down around them. It’s almost poetic…

The Mistake

Aware of the fact that Barack Hussein Obama does NOT meet Article II Ð Section I constitutional requirements for the office of President, what well-seasoned professional politician would be stupid enough to sign their name and stake their personal career upon certifying Obama as eligible?

Presidential and Vice Presidential candidates are nominated at their respective Party Conventions.

Believe it or not, each Party is assigned the duty of vetting and certifying the legal eligibility of their own candidates. I know, like asking the fox to guard the henhouse, right. But hey, we are talking about a country which still thinks there is a separation of powers between the High Court and the Executive branch, which seats that court by way of political appointment, confirmed by congress, which wants a piece of the judge and expects a few political favors too.

The Evidence

In this case, the Democrat Party was responsible for vetting and certifying Barack Hussein Obama as legally eligible to seek the Oval Office. The U.S. Constitution has only three very specific requirements for the job. The proper legal text used on the DNC Party “Official Certification of Nomination” document reads as follows, and I quote:

Lourdes on April 14, 2011 at 8:45 PM

And you think the Birth issue is a winning issue in ’12?

blatantblue on April 14, 2011 at 7:46 PM

A winning issue? depends on what the goal is….Ids the goal to make him produces is BC then no it is not a winning issue. If the goal is to paint Obama as “the other” and thus make people see all his policies in that regard then yes pushing the Bc issues will be a winning issue.

One of the biggest things required to defeat an incumbant is make him untrustworthy. The more Obama is seen as “the other” the better chances Obama is defeated…

unseen on April 14, 2011 at 8:46 PM

crr6 on April 14, 2011 at 8:44 PM

It’s a graphic file, what has been “released” — several other people born in the same year as BO says he is and in the same location (Oahu, Hawaii) have posted THEIR obtained Certificate of Live Birth and THEIR documents are different than is the image that BO has published on the internet (or which has been published on his behalf).

Among which is additional information about parents, which BO’s image does not show (his show a blank area where, by comparison, other persons born same year, same location in HI as BO claims he was, show information about parents’ place of birth).

There is so much more. That “document” is a mere image file someone else placed on the internet that some have since assumed is BO’s Cert.of Birth (even FOX perpetuates this, and it’s incorrect information)…while it is simply an image file created by whomever.

The stories, also, that have come from the “Dept. of Health” in Hawaii are equally disproven by contrary information.

Go read that full link I posted above and then focus on the names involved.

Lourdes on April 14, 2011 at 8:49 PM

Actually, now that I think of it, if Palin’s plan is to let Trump beclown himself, to make him look like a lunatic and thus make herself look better in comparison, then it’s a fairly clever strategy.

Vyce on April 14, 2011 at 7:50 PM

maybe there is hope for you yet. the only people Trump is hurting in the polls is mitt and Newt. I don’t think beck gives a crap about Newt. I get the impression he likes Mitt. I have never heard him attack or demean Mitt.

unseen on April 14, 2011 at 8:50 PM

Little Bammie is an empty suit, and this issue is that dangling thread that you just want to tug on hoping the suit unravels.

slickwillie2001 on April 14, 2011 at 8:50 PM

And this is the EXACT reason The Trump will NEVER be Palanized…..No he is NOT Washington establishment and this is the allure. He could give a rats ass what those people think,and quite frankly we’ve all had enough of
them. As far as the birther thing goes have at it The
Donald, you are absolutely right in pursuing something that has never been proven otherwise!

justonevictory on April 14, 2011 at 8:50 PM

I agree with Beck that it is not a GOP issue – because the GOP and McCain were too chicken to do their jobs in 2008. I hope Trump keeps at it though.

huckleberryfriend on April 14, 2011 at 8:51 PM

huckleberryfriend on April 14, 2011 at 8:51 PM

So do I. Since he is a private citizen with lots of money to spend let him investigate. If he finds something so be it. If not so be it.

sandee on April 14, 2011 at 8:53 PM

But you’re saying that’s insufficient, for some reason.

crr6 on April 14, 2011 at 8:44 PM

I’m saying it’s insufficient? Wrong – the law specifically calls for the long form birth certificate, has nothing to do with me. Nice try to personalize the issue though.

I already proved that Hawaii does indeed release certified copies of the long form birth certificates. A COLB is insufficient, as per the law. Soetoro will have to go through all the trouble of filling out a form and sending $12.50 or however much it costs, and get one.

If he has one, that is. But he has to have one, right?

Rebar on April 14, 2011 at 8:53 PM

Lourdes on April 14, 2011 at 8:49 PM

Sure. That just means they obtained their copies before Hawaii switched to a digital system for certified copies (around 2001, I believe).

crr6 on April 14, 2011 at 8:54 PM

crr6 on April 14, 2011 at 8:54 PM

Why do you continue to lie about that?

Rebar on April 14, 2011 at 8:55 PM

this is actually a HILLARY issue.

Shelob brought it up not the GOP.

Disagree with Beck.

Produce the actual birth certificate and then the ISSUE is over. Until then……what’s he hiding?

Disagree with Beck on Santorum too.

I think Santorum is running for a position in a GOP Administration. He’s just a wuss too many times I’ve heard him debate a Jackwagon Democrat.

PappyD61 on April 14, 2011 at 8:56 PM

I do recall that it was forbidden to talk about on a lot of conservative websites and was attacked by the hosts when it was. Redstate has a blanket ban on anyone who raises the issue to this day.

sharrukin on April 14, 2011 at 8:41 PM

And I was JUST A FEW MINUTES AGO READING on Redstate many a commenting by people denouncing “Birthers” while in fact, discussing the issue.

The only thing Redstate and a few others banned was information about the issue. But they’re still over there “discussing” the issue in comments — it’s a case of them banning anyone who tried to join in, while the longer-standing commenters over there are still discussing it. Just read many of them within this last half-hour over there (Redstate).

A few other sites who I think are popularity-needy/dependent banned anyone who mentioned the Birth circumstances in any way but I think it was more as to them wanting to “look nice to the major sites” than anything else (I can think of one guy’s site who fits that bill).

Then there’s this guy who I find maniacal who tweets, who is associated with Mewsbustesrs, unfortunately for Newsbusters, who has been ridiculing and bullying “Birthers” for months on end on twitter.

All of that behavior only serves to make THEM look bad. Forget the “Birthers” doing so, they’re doing it all to themselves.

Same goes for Coulter who entertains herself with condescending about this issue and any who raise it.

It’s a sad statement on the Right, or, perhaps, on the Liberals among the Right.

Lourdes on April 14, 2011 at 8:56 PM

Well it asks for one, yeah. It doesn’t require one.

Of course it does. And Obama released his certified copy.

I think you’re confused. The thing you’re calling a “COLB” is a certified copy of his birth certificate. That’s what the state releases when you ask for a certified copy.

Under the statute, he can’t release the “original” copy, he can only 1) inspect it, or 2) request a “certified copy” (which he’s already done).

So like I said, if the AZ bill passes as is, they’ll ask him for his “long-form” birth certificate. Then he’ll just say, “well, under Hawaiian state law I can’t obtain the original document, but here’s a certified copy which has same legal force.” And that’ll be the end of it.

crr6 on April 14, 2011 at 8:58 PM

tommyboy on April 14, 2011 at 8:22 PM

Or you could try replying to my debunking of your “Beck’s ratings are the suck” comments. Even following your rationale that his ratings were horrible, that he has no influence, etc. etc., that doesn’t jive with the idea that he would draw a bigger crowd than two wildly popular hipsters whose demographic is the unemployed (25% amongst youngsters) crowd, vs. the families-to-support grown-ups.

I appreciate your effort to substitute opinion and snark for facts, though.

RachDubya on April 14, 2011 at 8:59 PM

crr6 on April 14, 2011 at 8:58 PM

Your lies are becoming very tiresome indeed.

Rebar on April 14, 2011 at 8:59 PM

Why do you continue to lie about that?

Rebar on April 14, 2011 at 8:55 PM

The D.O.B. on that says 1995, right? So it was obtained between 1995-2001, before Hawaii switched to digital system for certified copies (as I said, around 2001).

None of this is particularly hard to understand. I really don’t get why you guys are so bewildered about the whole thing.

crr6 on April 14, 2011 at 9:01 PM

It is, so, just show the damn certificate (the real one) and put this issue to bed, once and for all so we can focus on the business of saving our country.

Big John on April 14, 2011 at 9:01 PM

Anyone who is prepared to take the word of Barack Hussein Obama on the eligibility issue, or any other serious issue, needs electric shock therapy.

Basilsbest on April 14, 2011 at 9:01 PM

this is actually a HILLARY issue…

PappyD61 on April 14, 2011 at 8:56 PM

“Even a broken clock is right two times a day.”

And, yeah, I know, that’s also part of the paranoia about the entire issue of doubting the BO story as it’s been told by BO and the Dems: that those raising the issue are somehow cloak-and-dagger Hillary lurkers out to get Republicans.

Bah. I would not vote for Hillary if she ran for dog catcher, have never voted for her and never contributed to her or for her, nothing. I’m not a Democrat (registered as and vote as Republican), I’m not a covert individual and can’t stand covert methods, so having read a lot of information with questions about who BO is and how it was he even ran for President (much moreso his past as he’s stated it to be), I have questions.

Maybe the questions should be answered instead of all this ridicule being aimed at any who raise those questions. That’d be my solution to these questions: get them answered.

Lourdes on April 14, 2011 at 9:01 PM

And as to why FOX seems as a group of employees to be all “anti Birthers”, it’s obviously due to their employer having laid down some policy.

I’m also a FOX viewer, to resolve any possible questions about my media bent.

Lourdes on April 14, 2011 at 9:03 PM

crr6 on April 14, 2011 at 9:01 PM

That certified copy was obtained March 15, 2011, which is clearly stamped at the bottom of the form, as you well know.

Rebar on April 14, 2011 at 9:03 PM

The hardcore Birthers won’t end the crusade over something as petty as a presidential election.

You worry about your crusade and let others worry about theirs. Many people are capable of more than one. Plus, a lot of birthers aren’t conservatives. They won’t vote for a Republican, certainly not the uninspiring frauds you deemed electable last night. Those people aren’t all that worried about the budget or the border, but they are worried about Obama. Why in the world would be want them to stop attacking him over his legitimacy?

Stayright on April 14, 2011 at 9:10 PM

Rebar on April 14, 2011 at 9:03 PM

haha, riiiight. You posted that from a birther site. Obviously someone could have just stamped that date on there, and that seems especially likely since Obama’s certified copy doesn’t include a similar date saying when it was issued.

Provide something from a reputable source, with a DOB after 2001 and you might have a point.

crr6 on April 14, 2011 at 9:11 PM

Look at Comment 3 (3 posted on Sunday, April 10, 2011 10:29:44 PM)…and compare the two images.

First is a reproduction of what some claim is “Obama’s Birth Certificate” and the second image is a scan from an actual Certificate of Live Birth by an individual proven to have been born in the year BO claims he was and there on Oahu, HI as BO claims he was born.

First one’s a graphic file “recreated” (apparently) to “represent” a document…

Second one is a scan of an actual document.

Lourdes on April 14, 2011 at 9:11 PM

crr6 on April 14, 2011 at 9:01 PM

Hey, how about he release the copy he cites in “Dreams of My Father”?

byepartisan on April 14, 2011 at 9:13 PM

Oh, I forgot, this is all some huge conspiracy to make Glenn Beck and Bill O’Reilly “look bad”…

/sarc.

Lourdes on April 14, 2011 at 9:13 PM

Last night in a Trump thread, one of crr6′s dishonest claims was destroyed – by pointing out that the statutory provision she posted contradicted her claim that Obama can’t get a certified copy of his LFBC. If she had any sense of self respect she’d knock off this b.s.

Basilsbest on April 14, 2011 at 9:19 PM

crr6 on April 14, 2011 at 9:11 PM

Now look who’s all about crazy conspiracy theories!

Rebar on April 14, 2011 at 9:20 PM

Basilsbest on April 14, 2011 at 9:01 PM

You know, I haven’t read much to any remarks or comments about this issue (that I’m going to write about in a moment here), what with all the suppression going on here/there as to any questions about BO’s identity/birth circumstance/life story…

But, here’s the issue I’ve always wondered about:

BO claims in his book that he “found” his “birth certificate” among a box of discarded items in his Grandmother’s residence WHEN HE RETURNED THERE as a young man. That the “birth certificate” he “found” there was one he’d never seen before.

(01.) SO he DOES HAVE a “birth certificate” compared with the “Cert. of Live Birth” he’s been claiming is the “only” document available (a lie);

(02.) He’s SEEN his “actual” “birth certificate” because he wrote (he claims he wrote) about it in one of his books;

and,

(03.) How did he manage to travel the globe without it, prior to “finding his birth certificate” in that box as a young man? He’d enrolled and been enrolled in schools (private ones at that), he’d been adopted and transported and in and out of many a country all before “finding” his “birth certificate” – how was all that possible.

ALSO,

On a campaign townhall event in 2007/08, BO SAID (from they guy’s mouth came these words), when questioned why he hadn’t released his “real birth certificate”), BO said:

“…because if I DID release it, there’s something on it that some people would be embarrassed by.”

So he knows he has “it”; and, he knows he has not released “it” and the question is, why not?

Lourdes on April 14, 2011 at 9:21 PM

Here is what the new Arizona law (assuming it passes in the House) will require (emphasis added):

Be it enacted by the Legislature of the State of Arizona:

Section 1. Title 16, chapter 4, article 6, Arizona Revised Statutes, is amended by adding section 16-507.01, to read:

START_STATUTE16-507.01. Presidential candidates; affidavit of qualifications

A. The national political party committee for a candidate for president for a party that is entitled to continued representation on the ballot shall provide to the secretary of state written notice of that political party’s nomination of its candidates for president and vice‑president. Within ten days after submittal of the names of the candidates, the national political party committee shall submit an affidavit of the presidential candidate in which the presidential candidate states the candidate’s citizenship and age and shall append to the affidavit documents that prove that the candidate is a natural born citizen, prove the candidate’s age and prove that the candidate meets the residency requirements for President of the United States as prescribed in article II, section 1, Constitution of the United States.

B. The affidavit prescribed in subsection A shall include references to and attachment of all of the following, which shall be sworn to under penalty of perjury:

1. An original long form birth certificate that includes the date and place of birth, the names of the hospital and the attending physician and signatures of the witnesses in attendance.

2. A sworn statement attesting that the candidate has not held dual or multiple citizenship and that the candidate’s allegiance is solely to the United States of America.

3. A sworn statement or form that identifies the candidate’s places of residence in the United States for the preceding fourteen years.

C. If both the candidate and the national political party committee for that candidate fail to submit and swear to the documents prescribed in this section, the secretary of state shall not place that presidential candidate’s name on the ballot in this state.

That doc provided by O is not his long form. The long form includes parents’ addresses at time of birth, the hospital, the doctor, the required signatures, etc.

He’s gonna have to cough it up.

I read today that Pennsylvania is now gearing up for a similar statute, along with the other 11 or so states already in process. Heh.

Opinionator on April 14, 2011 at 9:21 PM

/sarc.

Lourdes on April 14, 2011 at 9:13 PM

Does anyone need a conspiracy to do that? i stopped watching BOR 2 years ago. And Beck I catch from time to time but I’m not a big fan of.

Now Rush, I try to catch everyday…

unseen on April 14, 2011 at 9:22 PM

Hey, how about he release the copy he cites in “Dreams of My Father”?

byepartisan on April 14, 2011 at 9:13 PM

I see someone else noticed that obvious omission.

;)

Lourdes on April 14, 2011 at 9:23 PM

Now look who’s all about crazy conspiracy theories!

Rebar on April 14, 2011 at 9:20 PM

So you don’t have anything?

All right then.

crr6 on April 14, 2011 at 9:23 PM

Trump is on TV now saying we should take Iraq’s Oil because ‘in the old days when you win a country you win a country’….

lexhamfox on April 14, 2011 at 9:25 PM

Posting this link again because it raises some incredibly grave issues, namely, election fraud and the people involved in it, perhaps 2008.

Lourdes on April 14, 2011 at 9:25 PM

lexhamfox on April 14, 2011 at 9:25 PM

He really drives the Left and appeasing weak-kneed party hacks nuts, doesn’t he?

I’d like to see him run. At least he’s confronting some obvious insanity and not trying to dance around it.

Lourdes on April 14, 2011 at 9:27 PM

Good idea about grabbing the popcorn and watching the birthers..:)

Dire Straits on April 14, 2011 at 7:37 PM

I prefer chocolate chip cookies, so I’m grabbing those instead.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 14, 2011 at 9:27 PM

lexhamfox on April 14, 2011 at 9:25 PM

So i guess trump missed that whole taking over the Germany auto industry or the Japanesse fishing fleet…..

Trump saying things like this will destory him in the end…

unseen on April 14, 2011 at 9:29 PM

Who mentions their birth certificate in a memoir? No one unless their is something odd about it.

It’s a tell.

Stayright on April 14, 2011 at 9:29 PM

crr6 on April 14, 2011 at 9:23 PM

You consider DailyKOS a reputable source?

Rebar on April 14, 2011 at 9:30 PM

Who mentions their birth certificate in a memoir? No one unless their there is something odd about it.

It’s a tell.

Stayright on April 14, 2011 at 9:29 PM

Stayright on April 14, 2011 at 9:31 PM

When O has to prove he’s a Natural Born Citizen to get on the ballots of, let’s say, 16 states and tries to avoid it, trust me I’ll be eating popcorn, chocolate chip cookies and filet mignon.

I’ll even share.

Opinionator on April 14, 2011 at 9:31 PM

Beck’s ratings vs the other Fox News stars are damn good considering he got a lousy rerun slot compared to BOR and Hannity. Fox News would do better with two feeds, one each for East and West like some networks do. Right now Beck’s slots are not in primetime in any 48-state time zone.

slickwillie2001 on April 14, 2011 at 8:41 PM

Beck’s done a lot of good on his hour on FOX ALL EXCEPT this emotional weirdness he has about “Birthers” — he just walks off the crazy pier whenever he brings this up, asserting there’s some “plot” or conspiracy at large out to get him, whatever. It’s nuts.

Otherwise, he’s done a lot of good and I’ve watched much of his broadcasts; even the lapses into religious denominations issues has been interesting (and I’ve not found it insulting or annoying in any way).

The Left originally ridiculed him about the “Birther” issue, claiming wrongly that Beck was responsible for it (and likely did so, the Left did, for purposes of getting under his skin because it was an outright lie by the Left, had to be known to the Left that most would know they were lying about this in regards to Beck)…

…but unfortunately, Beck fell for it and overreacted, starting denouncing “Birthers” and repeating how it was he was opposed to the inquiry, wasn’t him, he wasn’t responsible, etc., and went overboard ridiculing “Birthers” in some attempt to defend himself from baseless allegations in the first place.

Lourdes on April 14, 2011 at 9:33 PM

crr6 on April 14, 2011 at 9:23 PM

You consider DailyKOS a reputable source?

Rebar on April 14, 2011 at 9:30 PM

This is how it works:

Obama campaign sites, organizations funded by Soros, and kooky lefty sites like Kos are sacrosanct. Your links, by necessity, are garbage.

Stayright on April 14, 2011 at 9:33 PM

I prefer chocolate chip cookies, so I’m grabbing those instead.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 14, 2011 at 9:27 PM

Cookies will work!..:)

Dire Straits on April 14, 2011 at 9:35 PM

You consider DailyKOS a reputable source?

Rebar on April 14, 2011 at 9:30 PM

Well, his campaign released it and Factcheck inspected it. The former director of Hawaii’s Department of Health also said she’s viewed the original copy.

So yes, I consider all of those things more reputable than your birther site.

crr6 on April 14, 2011 at 9:36 PM

It’s a tell.

Stayright on April 14, 2011 at 9:29 PM

Right, I agree, it’s one of those Alinsky-mind-freak statements that the likes of Communist Bill Ayers is known for.

But it’s just speculation as to what the goal there other than to drive a nail into people’s awareness about the issue of “birth certificate” by Obama.

So just show the dratted thing and clear things up. I mean, any reasonable person would have done so long, long ago.

I think — IN THE ABSENCE OF EVIDENCE TO THE CONTRARY — that the 2008 Election involved fraud. That seems to be the actual issue here, that fraud was committed by the DNC and the “birth certificate” issue is being used to try to deflect attention from the bigger thing.

His books, stories, were out before the election but perhaps not out before the plans were established. So writing about finding his “birth certificate” amidst detritus in Hawaii seems to be, like you say, “a tell.”

Whoever says they “believe Obama was born in Hawaii as he claims he was” is just blowing smoke because there’s no credible proof that he was. There’s only a very thin story about that, but minus any more documentation, no one can be sure just where he was born or when and to whom.

Lourdes on April 14, 2011 at 9:40 PM

crr6 on April 14, 2011 at 9:36 PM

I doubt the Arizona, and soon a raft of other states, election committees will be as gullible as yourself.

Rebar on April 14, 2011 at 9:40 PM

This week, Beck’s comedy tour is in Cleveland, Chicago, Kansas City and Albany.

slickwillie2001 on April 14, 2011 at 9:41 PM

Lourdes on April 14, 2011 at 9:21 PM

Thank you for representing the birthers. Your participation helps make them all the less legitimate.

MadisonConservative on April 14, 2011 at 9:43 PM

Rebar on April 14, 2011 at 9:03 PM

crr6 on April 14, 2011 at 9:11 PM

haha, riiiight. You posted that from Kos. Any fool knows not to trust those douchebags.

Big John on April 14, 2011 at 9:44 PM

O’Reilly (and Ann Coulter, among a few others in media) continue to refer to “the birth announcements in the two papers in Hawaii” as somehow “proving” Obama was “born there.”

For someone who has a Harvard education (O’Reilly) and a law degree (Coulter), these two are sheer talking puppets with that excuse BECAUSE the two birth annoncements in Hawaii papers would — obviously — have been very easily written and submitted by the two grandparents who lived there at that time (Dunhams, parents of Obama’s declared mother).

He could just as reasonably been born in the North Pole and the grandparents could have placed those two announcements about it in the “local papers.” The papers were LOCAL TO THEM (grandparents), so of course they made “local announcements” about some grandchild’s birth.

BUT the announcements list the grandparents’ address in Hawaii, not the supposed location (that hasn’t been located since) of where Obama’s mother and supposed ‘husband’ resided when he was born.

So the information itself in those two announcements strongly suggests that the GRANDPARENTS created and placed the two announcements. They even listed their own address in them.

Lourdes on April 14, 2011 at 9:45 PM

Rebar on April 14, 2011 at 9:40 PM

haha Can you (without laughing out loud) write exactly what you think will happen? Do you think that he’ll just hand them his certified copy and they’ll…say it’s fake? Based on what? Even if they did, he could just get someone from Hawaii to attest to the fact that it’s a legitimate document.

Or do you think they’ll insist on the original copy? Cause then Obama can just point to the statute saying that the original copy isn’t released anymore. What will they say? “Sorry President Obama, you can’t run for reelection unless you lobby Hawaii to change its laws regarding birth certificates.” LOL.

I mean jesus christ, it says on Hawaii’s own website:

The Department of Hawaiian Home Lands accepts both Certificates of Live Birth (original birth certificate) and Certifications of Live Birth because they are official government records documenting an individual’s birth. The Certificate of Live Birth generally has more information which is useful for genealogical purposes as compared to the Certification of Live Birth which is a computer-generated printout that provides specific details of a person’s birth. Although original birth certificates (Certificates of Live Birth) are preferred for their greater detail, the State Department of Health (DOH) no longer issues Certificates of Live Birth. When a request is made for a copy of a birth certificate, the DOH issues a Certification of Live Birth.

crr6 on April 14, 2011 at 9:46 PM

Lourdes on April 14, 2011 at 9:33 PM

Beck tells his viewers to do their homework and trust their gut. That’s exactly what a lot of birthers have done, yet he’s got a problem with it. Apparently what he really means is “trust my gut.”

Stayright on April 14, 2011 at 9:46 PM

So I guess the legislatures of 12 (and counting) states are
illegitimate/insert other denigrating term as well.

I really don’t understand why anyone would defend Zero’s efforts to keep any and every detail about his past secret.
Talk about a spooky dude.

Opinionator on April 14, 2011 at 9:47 PM

Lourdes on April 14, 2011 at 9:21 PM

MadisonConservative on April 14, 2011 at 9:43 PM

I don’t like you, either, so knock off the ongoing-constant-nasties you direct toward me at any possible opportunity.

You claim you’re “Conservative” yet you are not. You denigrate Trump for “not being Conservative” while he is pro-life and you’re pro-abort, to name but a few differences.

Trump’s far more Conservative in reality than you are. This is but one point I’m going to make here in reply to your ongoing pus-filled snarls because you are not worth anyone’s time in response to such from you.

So, no, I don’t care for you, either. That IS what you were expressing, now, isn’t it? So what’s the point of continuing to express that once the point’s been made? You don’t care for me, it is quite entirely mutual. End of story.

Lourdes on April 14, 2011 at 9:49 PM

crr6 on April 14, 2011 at 9:46 PM

They will say it does not meet the standards set forth by law for ballot access in .

Which it doesn’t.

Rebar on April 14, 2011 at 9:51 PM

Talk about a spooky dude.

Opinionator on April 14, 2011 at 9:47 PM

The only plausible reason why is that they consider themselves as losing something big if it’s proven that BO’s violated the Constitution (not to mention also the DNC having done so — Miss Nancy, welcome to the federal pen…).

A lot of people with public profiles consider themselves as possibly being publicly ruined if it’s proven they’ve been had or been involved (perhaps that’d be justified, though).

I’m not interested in proving anyone right or wrong on a personal, reputational level, but these are very big issue and merit considerable answers. Right, wrong, the bottom line is whether or not BO is Constitutionally ineligible or eligible for the Presidency.

We can vote him out and Heaven knows I hope that happens next year, yes, but if it’s proven that fraud was involved in the 2008 election as to BO and the DNC, well, I do want and expect to see all involved in federal prison terms afterward. Which is, obviously, why many don’t want the questions answered, too…

Lourdes on April 14, 2011 at 9:54 PM

Oh, and by the way, you still can get the long for birth certificate through a Genealogy Request.

Rebar on April 14, 2011 at 9:55 PM

Lourdes on April 14, 2011 at 9:33 PM

Stayright on April 14, 2011 at 9:46 PM

Well, yeah, but I think Beck’s been under certain pressures and about this issue specifically, he never managed any balance. Unfortunately.

Lourdes on April 14, 2011 at 9:56 PM

So crr6, why do you think Obama’s spent untold amounts of money to fight release of his documents?

byepartisan on April 14, 2011 at 9:56 PM

unseen on April 14, 2011 at 8:46 PM

Again, you can’t use ANYTHING else to do that but the Birther issue? The crackpot, unrealistic, bizarre conspiracy theory angle?

I mean, it’s not as if we’re scrambling for ammo to use against Obama. We’ve got a pretty large stockpile by now. Every new day in office he does something stupid or egregious.

Vyce on April 14, 2011 at 9:57 PM

It’s not that I don’t like you. It’s that you smear me as other than conservative.

Lourdes on April 14, 2011 at 9:49 PM

He’s also in favor of soaking the rich for 15% of their net worth, and for socialized medicine. You’re an ignorant single-issue moron who doesn’t know what he’s talking about.

MadisonConservative on April 14, 2011 at 10:04 PM

Which it doesn’t.

Rebar on April 14, 2011 at 9:51 PM

A couple things:
1) You do realize that the AZ law doesn’t require a long form birth certificate, right? As passed by the Senate, it allows for alternative documents.

2) If they applied the law as you think they will, it’d be almost surely unconstitutional. There’s obviously no case law on this because no state’s been wingnutty enough to do something similar in the past. But it strikes me as similar to the situation in Powell v. McCormack, where the Court held that Congress can’t impose its own qualifications membership in Congress outside those expressly included in the Constitution. Similarly, states can’t impose their own qualifications for the Presidency outside those listed in the Constitution. Could a state legislature say they won’t allow ballot access to people under 6 feet tall? What if they said they won’t allow ballot access to black people?

Now you’ll say, “well they’re not imposing an extra qualification, they’re enforcing one of the qualifications already included in the Constitution.” But that’s clearly not what they’re doing because the law, as applied, would exclude millions of natural born citizens from running for the Presidency simply because their states only issue certified “short form” copies of their birth certificates. Indeed, the AZ law would have excluded Ronald Reagan since his birth certificate didn’t comply with the requirements in the law.

crr6 on April 14, 2011 at 10:05 PM

Lourdes on April 14, 2011 at 9:54 PM

Exactly. But it’s getting to the point where the bloggers who continue to denigrate those who insist on adherence to Constitutional requirements are the only ones who look foolish.

Many states are going to enforce Constitutional requirements this time. When Zero can’t – or won’t – comply, there will be he!! to pay. . . by Zero, the DNC, and all those who conspired to hide or scrub his records.

Opinionator on April 14, 2011 at 10:06 PM

Use any angle to attack Obama you got.

Pussyfooting on any issue, until it is revealed for public scrutiny, is weak and stupid.

Even the ‘Birther’ issue.

Show the Certificate of Live birth long form, or STFU Barack.

As Patton put it, always attack, Attack! ATTACK!!!

profitsbeard on April 14, 2011 at 10:07 PM

Sort of OT….

Is Beck officially off the air on Fox in the afternoon?

Knucklehead on April 14, 2011 at 7:24 PM

He’s doing his comedy tour a.k.a The Elegant Elimination Tour.

mizflame98 on April 14, 2011 at 10:11 PM

As passed by the Senate, it allows for alternative documents.

Only if the long form required by law is not available. Soetoro’s is available, he just doesn’t want to release it.

States have long imposed qualifications for ballot access, the most common are ballot petitions requiring X number of registered voters, as well as proof of age, residency requirements, etc. That states failed to property vet candidates in the past, means nothing moving forward.

The fact is, the state has no burden to prove a candidate is ineligible, on the contrary the burden is entirely on the candidate to prove they are eligible.

Rebar on April 14, 2011 at 10:15 PM

How many times do I have to say it?

It’s not just about the birth certificate, it’s about ALL of his records.

disa on April 14, 2011 at 10:16 PM

crr6 on April 14, 2011 at 10:05 PM

Why do you argue about this constantly?

alwaysfiredup on April 14, 2011 at 10:19 PM

Why do you argue about this constantly?

alwaysfiredup on April 14, 2011 at 10:19 PM

Because thats her job?

sharrukin on April 14, 2011 at 10:20 PM

I have only three words for crr6: best evidence rule.

Look it up. It exists in the FRCP and all 57 states.

Opinionator on April 14, 2011 at 10:22 PM

Opinionator on April 14, 2011 at 10:22 PM

It’s also good bar exam practice.

alwaysfiredup on April 14, 2011 at 10:24 PM

I’m for cheese & crackers.

Øbama with his ‘horns’ comment is doing a sly invocation of the bitter clingers thing, you know, we superstitious knuckledraggers are demonizing the poor schlub. He’s said so much worse about us, who cares.

jodetoad on April 14, 2011 at 10:27 PM

Rebar on April 14, 2011 at 10:15 PM

The examples you listed are either 1) directly related to Constitutional requirements (proof of age), 2) not used for Presidential candidates (residency requirements), or 3) not a burden on any serious Presidential candidate anyway (requiring petitions from X amount of voters). This long-form thing is different, because it disqualifies citizens of entire states from running for the Presidency. One of those people, as I pointed out, would have been Ronald Reagan.

Anyway, I’m curious as to hear your answer to my question…

crr6 on April 14, 2011 at 10:27 PM

alwaysfiredup on April 14, 2011 at 10:24 PM

Heh! – part of that pesky Socratic technique they impose upon you at any legitimate law school. .

Opinionator on April 14, 2011 at 10:28 PM

Oh shut up Glenn.

shar61 on April 14, 2011 at 10:29 PM

Oh, and it’s not available. Would you quit lying about that?

crr6 on April 14, 2011 at 10:31 PM

Oh shut up Glenn.

shar61 on April 14, 2011 at 10:29 PM

See also: typical birther argument.

MadisonConservative on April 14, 2011 at 10:32 PM

crr6 on April 14, 2011 at 10:27 PM

No. Rational basis.

alwaysfiredup on April 14, 2011 at 10:36 PM

See also: typical birther Anti-birther argument.

MadisonConservative on April 14, 2011 at 10:32 PM

You’re making all conservatives look bad with your crazy troofer/birfer CONSPIRACY THEORY! Shut up!!!!1!!! Elebenty!!!!!!!!!1111111!!

Too funny.

JannyMae on April 14, 2011 at 10:40 PM

crr6 on April 14, 2011 at 10:27 PM

Every state issues long form birth certificates, capturing the information deemed necessary by the United States Government since 1900.

Every state, including Hawaii, issues certified copies of these certificates. If for some reason one does not, the candidate would need to get a court order to force surrender of said document.

Once again, the burden of eligibility is on the candidate, not the state.

Rebar on April 14, 2011 at 10:40 PM

Oh, and it’s not available. Would you quit lying about that?

crr6 on April 14, 2011 at 10:31 PM

You’re the one ignoring evidence, misinterpreting evidence and lying. You’re going to make one helluva lousy lawyer…that is, if you really are a law student with all this time on his/her hands for posting on blogs.

JannyMae on April 14, 2011 at 10:41 PM

jodetoad on April 14, 2011 at 10:27 PM

I think it’s an intellectual bit of scholatic obscurantism on Barry’s part, refering obliquely to the statue of Moses by Michelangelo that continued a medieval misinterpretation of a curious Hebrew word.

VIz- In the Torah it read that Moses’s forehead “had/gave off rays”, or, “shone with light”, but some slipshod scholars misunderstood the original language and translated this Hebrew word “had rays” into “had horns“.

So Michelanelo (along with other artists of the period) depicted Moses literally WITH HORNS on his head.

Which made no sense.

Obama is obviously just being super-smart and ultra-arcane and Reinhold Neibuhr nifty by wryly comparing those who mock him as a horned cretin to medievalists made a mistaken about another wise leader, Moses, by distorting a radient word into something hornily absurd.

Or maybe Obama is just a smarmy jackass.

profitsbeard on April 14, 2011 at 10:42 PM

crr6 on April 14, 2011 at 10:27 PM

No. Rational basis.

alwaysfiredup on April 14, 2011 at 10:36 PM

Strict scrutiny, for the exclusion of black people.

I think that AZ’s law wouldn’t pass rational basis review anyway. Even if we assume there’s a legitimate end (presumably, verifying eligibility) the means chosen are absurdly underinclusive, in that they render natural-born citizens from entire States ineligible.

crr6 on April 14, 2011 at 10:42 PM

crr6 on April 14, 2011 at 10:42 PM

Yeah, thought of strict scrutiny after I hit send. But then unlike you I don’t have to take that godawful test this summer or ever again if I can help it. And excluding black people shouldn’t pass even rational basis.

alwaysfiredup on April 14, 2011 at 10:47 PM

Strict scrutiny, for the exclusion of black people.

crr6 on April 14, 2011 at 10:42 PM

Are you mocking us with this specious flapdoodle?

profitsbeard on April 14, 2011 at 10:47 PM

Every state, including Hawaii, issues certified copies of these certificates.

Well now you’re just making stuff up.

Yeah, how would he do that? HI law doesn’t provide for the release of the original document. I guess you aren’t familiar with how the legal system works, but you can’t just walk into a court room and say “hey! Can you order the Department of Health to violate HI law by releasing by original birth certificate? Thanks!”

Once again, the burden of eligibility is on the candidate, not the state.

Rebar on April 14, 2011 at 10:40 PM

Uh, sure. But the AZ law makes it impossible to meet that burden without breaking state law.

crr6 on April 14, 2011 at 10:50 PM

alwaysfiredup on April 14, 2011 at 10:47 PM

I don’t have to take it this summer either (I’m a 2L).

crr6 on April 14, 2011 at 10:51 PM

Oh, and it’s not available. Would you quit lying about that?

crr6 on April 14, 2011 at 10:31 PM

I guess crr6 would deny that Secretary of Health Fukina stated:

“Therefore, I as Director of Health for the State of Hawai‘i, along with the Registrar of Vital Statistics who has statutory authority to oversee and maintain these type of vital records, have personally seen and verified that the Hawai‘i State Department of Health has Sen. Obama’s original birth certificate on record in accordance with state policies and procedures,” Fukino said.

Opinionator on April 14, 2011 at 10:53 PM

crr6 on April 14, 2011 at 10:51 PM

So I spent all last year arguing with a 1L? that was silly of me. 1Ls don’t know anything. :)

alwaysfiredup on April 14, 2011 at 10:54 PM

crr6 on April 14, 2011 at 10:50 PM

Your twisting and turning was amusing to me for awhile, but now you’re just getting desperate and boring, and your lies are getting very tiresome.

The law is the law, Soetoro will have to produce his long form birth certificate, or forfeit Arizona – simple as that.

As other states come on line with even stricter requirements – like not just his LFBC, but his parents too, things will get very interesting indeed.

Especially if there is a primary challenge, be might have lost these states any in the general thus choosing forfeiture, but he’d certainly need them in a primary.

Hillary… is that you!?!??

Rebar on April 14, 2011 at 11:05 PM

JannyMae on April 14, 2011 at 10:40 PM

Yay for nutjobs like you. They remind the rest of us that we’re sane.

MadisonConservative on April 14, 2011 at 11:25 PM

Hillary… is that you!?!??

Rebar on April 14, 2011 at 11:05 PM

LOL Now consider my own pet *conspiracy theory*: Trump is actually working for Hillary. ;)

/Well, she did make noise about stepping down as SOS didn’t she? Wasn’t there some kerfuffle between her and Zero over Egypt? Wasn’t Donald one of the largest donors in Hill’s ’08 primary run? Hasn’t he donated to the Clinton Foundation? Etc.

Opinionator on April 14, 2011 at 11:25 PM