Poll: What was the Obamateurism of the Week?

posted at 9:00 am on April 10, 2011 by Ed Morrissey

After spending 24 hours a day and every waking thought this week on the subject, you should be able to pick out the biggest turd sandwich for the Obamateurism of the Week in today’s poll.  Maybe we should send our complaints to Stephen Chu and ask him to design a new President.

Previous 2011 “winners”:

Got an  Obamateurism of the Day? If you see a foul-up by Barack Obama, e-mail it to me atobamaisms@edmorrissey.com with the quote and the link to the  Obamateurism. I’ll post the best Obamateurisms on a daily basis, depending on how many I receive. Include a link to your blog, and I’ll give some link love as well. And unlike Slate, I promise to end the feature when Barack Obama leaves office.

Illustrations by Chris Muir of Day by Day. Be sure to read the adventures of Sam, Zed, Damon, and Jan every day!

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

AH_C on April 10, 2011 at 10:49 AM

A lot of areas play it on the (regular) Fox affiliate at different times. Getting it at 9 is golden and if you miss it then you can catch it on FNC a couple of times.

Cindy Munford on April 10, 2011 at 10:58 AM

..speaking of turd sandwiches, this is all getting so tedious. Not OATW, but the fact that this dessicated piece of road manure keeps committing these faux pas at such an alarming rate and the cretinous, moronic, mouth-breathing American Idol public continue to tolerate his pathetic leadership and the knee-pad media will not drive a stake through the heart of this charlatan.

The War Planner on April 10, 2011 at 11:09 AM

I suppose the “8 mpg” quote is more of an actual Obamateurism inasmuch as it reflects cluelessness, but his claim that Chu “invented” the cap is either a lie, or stretching the truth far beyond it’s elasticity. It’s like crediting Gore with the invention of the internet, or his role as the model for the character Oliver Barrett IV in “Love Story”. Or, for that matter, Obama’s expansion over time of the “car in the ditch” analogy that ultimately included slurpees, bugs, the heat, and so on. Chu attended meetings. Suddenly it’s Chu who invented the cap. And, of course, unsaid is the fact that Chu wouldn’t have even been in a position to “save the day” if not for Obama’s prescience in making the Chu appointment.

tpitman on April 10, 2011 at 11:14 AM

The Obama Administration is the “turd sandwich” we ALL have to “Chu” on . . .

tpitman on April 10, 2011 at 11:15 AM

It comes on at 9am EST on the Philly channel. Then again at 10am on Fox 5 from NY.

Naturally Curly on April 10, 2011 at 10:52 AM

Oh!! First the local affiliate then on FNC. Thanks. Gonna reset my DVR

AH_C on April 10, 2011 at 11:17 AM

Next year Americans may want to trade in their President. I think we’ve got a lemon.

Really Right on April 10, 2011 at 11:20 AM

And at Insty the big question: is there even such a thing as a hybrid van? And can it seat 10 children and 2 adults?

ajacksonian on April 10, 2011 at 11:21 AM

Cindy Munford on April 10, 2011 at 10:58 AM

Thanks. I haven’t watched local programming in years other than Lost & V and those came to me only by word of mouth. ;)

AH_C on April 10, 2011 at 11:23 AM

Had to go with the complaints about the price of gas for a couple of reasons. It shows the snobbish condescension that leaked through a couple of times during the campaign. And it illustrates his ignorance and/or lack of concern about broader consequences of high fuel costs, like the enormous increases in food prices because of rising transportation costs.

There’s no excuse for you all if he manages to get re-elected.

ProfessorMiao on April 10, 2011 at 11:23 AM

“If you’re complaining about the price of gas and you’re only getting 8 miles a gallon, you know, you might want to think about a trade-in.”

He really said this? Really?

pbundy on April 10, 2011 at 11:38 AM

Oops – I quoted the wrong thing! Meant this:

“I can’t spend 24 hours a day campaigning like I did in ‘07 and ’08.”

pbundy on April 10, 2011 at 11:39 AM

I think we may need to expand this contest into two contests: the OOTD and Obama Lie of the Day. The “8 miles per gallon” statement shows his cluelessness and is a great example of an OOTD. The “Chu” statement is clearly and out and out lie. He has to know it is not true, yet he says it anyway. The “Chu” remark is clearly the OLOTD.

Cecil on April 10, 2011 at 11:42 AM

NYT “He’s the grown up in the room”.

When the NYT is in kindergarten, or his derriere, sure “he’s the grown up in the room”.

Schadenfreude on April 10, 2011 at 11:52 AM

Time to TRADE IN the Boy King.

Smirking schmuck.

profitsbeard on April 10, 2011 at 11:52 AM

Axelrod was sleazy. Plouffe is evil.

BuckeyeSam on April 10, 2011 at 10:18 AM

Does anyone else find it creepy that Plouffe mispronounces his own name? It’s Ploof for godsake, not pluf Any Canadians here? Half the population of Trois Rivières, Quebec are Plouffes.

katy the mean old lady on April 10, 2011 at 12:20 PM

He really said this? Really?

pbundy on April 10, 2011 at 11:38 AM

My hubby said those exact words just the other day! I had to choose this one for its sheer audacity, the cluelessness and stupidity. It sums up The One’s entire attitude:

If you can’t afford a tank of gas, buy a new car. If the country is in debt to its eyeballs, spend more money. If I am having trouble buying a gallon of milk, I should “invest” in a barn and buy a cow. Idiotic doesn’t even begin to describe this.

kringeesmom on April 10, 2011 at 12:24 PM

Too easy.

Sums up Dopey’s disconnected attitude and philosophy in one sentence.

Tim_CA on April 10, 2011 at 12:29 PM

And they said Bush I was out of touch! Sheesh!!

Pablo Snooze on April 10, 2011 at 12:38 PM

Does anyone else find it creepy that Plouffe mispronounces his own name? I
katy the mean old lady on April 10, 2011 at 12:20 PM

I haven’t heard him pronounce his name ever but I know that having to be on TV defending the indefensible would make anyone wacky, including Mr. P who had a definite “deer in the headlights” aspect about his appearances on FNC and FTN this morning. Paul Ryan, on the other hand, had a wonderful, measured, civil conversation with uber-lib David Gregory wherein he defended fiscal conservatism with intellect and skill.
I think Plouffe is now out of his element since he cannot point to any popular accomplishments of the Ø administration and any future “promises” are now burdened by “Presiduncial” lack of leadership.

ExpressoBold on April 10, 2011 at 12:40 PM

“Sire, gas is $4.00 a gallon and the tea bagging peasants are angry!”

“Let them drive VOLTS!!!”

I chose that one because I think it is something that everyday Americans feel affects them and has the best chance of ticking them off.

Most have no clue about who Chu is or what he does. As for the others, of course he can’t spend 24 hours a day campaigning–when would he play golf or basketball? This Libyan thing is a turd sandwich(one of the few times he has told the truth)and we can all empathize with our minds full of several things as we try to calm it down enough to sleep.

The gas comment is his “price of milk and bread” moment and should be exploited to the fullest extent by the Republicans now and throughout the coming election cycle.

Jvette on April 10, 2011 at 12:42 PM

katy the mean old lady on April 10, 2011 at 12:20 PM

katy, you are one of my favorites here. Many times I can’t post or have nothing really to add but I come here every day to see what you and others have to say.

I have a name that is rather common now, though it wasn’t when I was a kid. I spell it differently and at first most people mistake it for the name pronounced and spelled the common way.

I wish I had a dollar for every time someone told me I say my name wrong or spell it wrong. I usually laugh and say, “How is that possible? It is MY name!”

Jvette on April 10, 2011 at 12:49 PM

I love the turd sandwich remark. Sounds like something Lyndon Johnson would say. I know, he was a crook and a democrat (but I repeat myself), but anyone who said that the UN couldn’t pour piss out of a boot if the instructions were on the heel, has some good sense in him somewhere.

wkgdyw on April 10, 2011 at 12:52 PM

but anyone who said that the UN couldn’t pour piss out of a boot if the instructions were on the heel, has some good sense in him somewhere memory for the witty comments others have made.

wkgdyw on April 10, 2011 at 12:52 PM

LBJ was a jerk, an autocratic, overbearing egotist war monger. He created political garbage that we are still dealing with today and never looked back at all the carnage and devastation he created. I have no respect for the progenitor of “The Great Society.” He was a craven, backstabbing self-absorbed “skool teacha.”

ExpressoBold on April 10, 2011 at 1:00 PM

Dr. Chu’s brilliance is so awe inspiring!! It makes me want to run right out and paint my roof white.

kringeesmom on April 10, 2011 at 1:01 PM

ExpressoBold on April 10, 2011 at 1:00 PM

LBJ was a racist legislator who voted against Texas’ anti-lynching laws. The man knew how to keep minorities in line. The great society was nothing but an all out war on the integrity of the Black family in general, and the need for black males as fathers in particular – yet to say so is now considered the racist position.

Obama is another LBJ, just go on youtube and look up the video of him on the view calling regular black AMERICANS mongrels. It’s disgusting what the globalists think of regular folks.

abobo on April 10, 2011 at 2:11 PM

As much as a weak president Obama is, he is still going to be reelected isn’t he?
Our country is in such deep peril, I may actually consider moving to NZ or Australia. Never thought I’d ever entertain that idea. I can not find work.

carbon_footprint on April 10, 2011 at 2:39 PM

Lolz. My choice won in a big, big way…

OmahaConservative on April 10, 2011 at 2:46 PM

OmahaConservative on April 10, 2011 at 2:46 PM
Yep. Let’s all go buy new cars. Putz.

kingsjester on April 10, 2011 at 3:01 PM

“Trade in” was pretty bad, even for the boy wonder. Sadly, it was matched by the statement that funding our fighting men and women was a “distraction.” We’re running out of synonyms for worthless and despicable.

indypat on April 10, 2011 at 3:45 PM

Wow, you said it all. I ditto that!!!

chai on April 10, 2011 at 4:09 PM

When Pres. Obama gets off-teleprompter he sounds like the typical college sophomore dorm room know-it-all. He’s stuck at that stage of sophistication and fantasy. His 8 mpg SUVs is the latest example. Earlier he told us about the doctors who don’t treat diabetes early so they can do more expensive amputations later.

rgeaste on April 10, 2011 at 4:37 PM

Trade-in wins hands down. Heh. The RNC better be hammering that into some commercials toot sweet.

ted c on April 10, 2011 at 7:19 PM