Oh my: Prosser now leads in Wisconsin after Winnebago County adds 244 net votes to his total; Update: Prosser loses lead? Update: Prosser to pick up 7,000+ votes due to computer error? Update: “Political bombshell”

posted at 4:14 pm on April 7, 2011 by Allahpundit

Hope and change via Mike Murphy and Randy Melchert. The Journal-Sentinel explains what happened:

A tally compiled by The Associated Press Wednesday and used by news organizations statewide, including the Journal Sentinel, indicated Kloppenburg was leading the race by 204 votes. Figures on Winnebago County’s website are now different from those collected by the AP.

Winnebago County’s numbers say Prosser received 20,701 votes to Kloppenburg’s 18,887. The AP has 19,991 for Prosser to Kloppenburg’s 18,421…

An editor at the AP said the news service became aware of the discrepancy in the past hour. The AP last checked figures with Winnebago County at 10:14 a.m. Wednesday, according to the AP. The county adjusted its figures at 2:27 p.m.

See for yourself by comparing the official county results with the AP’s election night page. Combined, the two candidates picked up more than a thousand votes, which makes me wonder how often this race might seesaw as other officials re-canvass and update their numbers. I wish I had time to start poring through the clerk pages of Wisconsin’s counties to compare their results to the AP’s, but I’ll leave it to the Hot Air faithful to crowdsource that and report back. Please e-mail us with tips if you find or hear of other discrepancies. Apparently Madison — Kloppenburg’s stronghold — is re-canvassing as I write this, so Prosser’s lead might be short-lived.

Speaking of Madison, read Christian Schneider’s analysis at NRO of how dominant Prosser was on election night outside the capital. Excluding Dane County, which encompasses Madison and a whoooooole lot of public employees, Prosser took 53.3 percent of the vote — better than Scott Walker’s statewide total of 52.3 percent in November. The One had better hope that state workers maintain that intensity next year (or, if not, that young voters pick up their slack) or he could have problems.

Update: Randy Melchert says Prosser’s netted another 200 votes in New Berlin while Kloppenburg’s only picked up a few in the (still ongoing) re-canvassing of Madison. Good lord. We might actually win this.

Update: Whoops, tiny mistake in the last post. New Berlin isn’t a county but a city in Waukesha County (which was heavily pro-Prosser). Now corrected.

Update: We are indeed trapped on a seesaw. Randy Melchert is still updating and says that, after several new counties have reported, Prosser’s actually lost votes on the day. Kloppenburg’s lead has expanded by 55 votes, putting her overall advantage at 259.

Update: Sorry, my mistake: I misread Melchert’s numbers. Kloppenburg’s overall lead hasn’t grown, it’s shrunk. According to Melchert, it’s now 83 votes overall, down from 204 this morning.

But … what’s this?

Numerous sources tell me Prosser will pick up 7000 votes in Waukesha Cty. 14,000 votes were apparently not entered into computer system

That’s from local radio host John Mercure; I haven’t seen it reported elsewhere, so take it with a grain of salt. And if you see it confirmed or debunked anywhere, please e-mail.

Update: The Corner says it’s no myth: A computer error in Waukesha County, Prosser’s stronghold, is set to send more than 7,000 votes his way.

After Tuesday night’s Wisconsin Supreme Court election, a computer error in heavily Republican Waukesha County failed to send election results for the entire City of Brookfield to the Associated Press. The error, revealed today, would give incumbent Supreme Court Justice David Prosser a net 7,381 votes against his challenger, attorney Joanne Kloppenburg. On Wednesday, Kloppenburg declared victory after the AP reported she finished the election with a 204-vote lead, out of nearly 1.5 million votes cast.

On election night, AP results showed a turnout of 110,000 voters in Waukesha County — well short of the 180,000 voters that turned out last November, and 42 percent of the county’s total turnout. By comparison, nearly 90 percent of Dane County voters who cast a ballot in November turned out to vote for Kloppenburg.

A presser in Waukesha County has been scheduled for 6:30 ET. I’ve never seen anything like this.

Update: The Journal-Sentinel has picked up the story now. “Political bombshell”:

In a political bombshell, the clerk in a Republican stronghold is set to release new vote totals giving 7,500 votes in the state Supreme Court race back toward Justice David Prosser, swinging the race significantly in his favor.

The Waukesha County clerk’s office has told state elections officials that they will be adjusting the vote totals to give incumbent David Prosser more than 7,000 new votes, said Mike Haas, staff attorney for the state Government Accountability Board.

“Waukesha will be adjusting their vote totals by 14,000,” Haas said the Accountability Board was told.

The numbers will add some 11,000 votes for Prosser and some 3,000 for Kloppenburg, he said.

Wisconsin sources tell the Standard’s Stephen Hayes that there’s a paper trail to all this so it’ll be very difficult to dispute. I’m sorely tempted to roll out the Humpbot, but there have been too many twists in the past 48 hours to have comfort on that. Let’s wait at least to see how Team Kloppenburg responds.

Update: Liberal statistician Nate Silver says the new numbers make sense.

Update (Ed): Want a laugh? Check out Michael Moore’s Twitter feed.  He’s upset that the counties are conducting a canvass — you know, to make sure that the votes actually get counted correctly — because, er, “Kloppenburg has already declared victory! Repubs in WI r behaving like sore losers.”  No, this is not a parody account, either, although it’s hard to tell.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 10 11 12

Kloppenburg released a victory statement to the media:

“We owe Justice Prosser our gratitude for his more than 30 years of public service. Wisconsin voters have spoken and I am grateful for, and humbled by, their confidence and trust. I will be independent and impartial and I will decide cases based on the facts and the law. As I have traveled the State, people tell me they believe partisan politics do not belong in our Courts. I look forward to bringing new blood to the Supreme Court and focusing my energy on the important work Wisconsin residents elect Supreme Court justices to do.”

heh

CWforFreedom on April 7, 2011 at 10:23 PM

If a person wishes to exercise the precious Right to vote, and cannot be bothered months in advance of routinely scheduled elections to register and obtain proper ID, then perhaps that person should not be voting at all in the first place?

To allege that poor folk or certain ethnic groups cannot obtain ID nor register in advance of a routinely scheduled election is condescending at best.

If people have to show ID to buy beer, obtain food stamps, cash in food stamps, cash a check (even at a check-into-cash bodega, get their books at the campus bookstore, drive a car, they sure as hell can obtain and maintain a proper ID when it comes time to vote.

And if they really reaaly really wanna vote…they can register…in advance.

No more ticket sales at the door.

Anything less, as has been proven over the past couple decades, encourages fraud…makes it easy to do so. Failure to punish those individuals involved with permanent removal of the franchise only demonstrates that fraud is acceptable, not a real crime, like not putting a dime in the parking meter.

coldwarrior on April 7, 2011 at 10:23 PM

She’s a law student.

Wethal on April 7, 2011 at 8:07 PM

She claims to be a law student. Funny, the lawyers I know best IRL, a JAG and a partner at Proskaur Rose (international law firm, btw), both certainly left of center, would never claim the crap that she does…

ladyingray on April 7, 2011 at 8:20 PM

1. Study Law.

2. Take Exam.

3. Graduate Law School (or LS, as some fondly call it.)

And since 90% of all lawyers become Democrats, add a D. Thus, you get LSD.

4. Take State Bar Exam. Several friends of mine have done this and failed two or three times before passing.

5. Practice Law.

I love how it’s called “practice”

Del Dolemonte on April 7, 2011 at 10:23 PM

It’s pretty funny that the Republicans found an extra 7k votes after the fact and you’re accusing Democrats of cheating. I don’t think anyone is cheating here but get a grip. If the circumstances were reversed you guys would be screaming bloody murder a la Minnesota Senate 2008.

Proud Rino on April 7, 2011 at 9:27 PM

“after the fact”, Gracie?

There was no “fact”.

F-

Del Dolemonte on April 7, 2011 at 10:26 PM

Well, whenever anyone on the right talks about more rigid ID standards, someone is sure to screech about disenfranchisement.

Yep, they do. I get the argument but come on, where in the world can you go somewhere without a picture ID? Sorry, not feeling it.

Funny, guys like Michael Moore don’t seem to mind if voters are disenfranchised as long as it leads to a win for Team D.

Good Solid B-Plus on April 7, 2011 at 10:22 PM

Yeah, he’s an idiot.

Proud Rino on April 7, 2011 at 10:26 PM

Good Solid B-Plus on April 7, 2011 at 10:22 PM

I offered my driver’s license at the polling place, and the old ladies there just laughed that I did so. Sickening.

MadisonConservative on April 7, 2011 at 10:30 PM

Here we go!!
================

Citizen Action Calls for Federal Investigation into Vote Count Irregularities in Waukesha County
For Immediate Release—Thursday, April 7, 2011, 7:52 PM
*******************************************************

Call for Federal Investigation into Vote Count Irregularities in Waukesha County
==================================

Milwaukee: In a stunning and likely unprecedented development late this afternoon, 14,315 votes in Tuesday’s election for Wisconsin Supreme Court purportedly not included in state-wide totals were added to the vote tally for the largest Republican-dominated county in the state, netting 7,582 additional votes for incumbent Justice David Prosser. In the aftermath of this shocking development, which if validated would reverse the election result, Citizen Action of Wisconsin called for an immediate federal investigation and immediate impoundment of all computer equipment, ballots, and other relevant evidence needed to verify a fair vote count in Waukesha County. This investigation should include an accounting of all communications by Waukesha County Clerk Kathy Nickolaus and anyone in the Waukesha clerk’s office with all outside actors, and all interested parties to the election dispute
(More…………)

canopfor on April 7, 2011 at 10:32 PM

Proud Rino on April 7, 2011 at 9:27 PM

Sorry but we don’t “find” ballots in car trunks or mark them with the words “Lizard People.”

Next, please.

Ryan Anthony on April 7, 2011 at 10:38 PM

canopfor on April 7, 2011 at 10:32 PM

Typical Dem move: When the vote fraud doesn’t work, call in the feds.

Aitch748 on April 7, 2011 at 10:39 PM

AP, you gave us the melting bunny BEFORE the fat lady sang…I think we need a humpbot to balance out the force.

HornetSting on April 7, 2011 at 10:43 PM

canopfor on April 7, 2011 at 10:32 PM

This will be SOP from now on.

Del Dolemonte on April 7, 2011 at 10:45 PM

Del Dolemonte on April 7, 2011 at 10:45 PM

The only “error” was misreporting numbers to the AP.

The state got the correct numbers, and had htem all along, with a paper trail.

Got to wonder if “citizens action” even saw the press briefing, or, they are just pushing talking points made up by the DNC.

coldwarrior on April 7, 2011 at 10:49 PM

Fuuuunny….heh..heh… Now lets win in 2012….

dec5 on April 7, 2011 at 10:49 PM

which if validated would reverse the election result,

canopfor on April 7, 2011 at 10:32 PM

WHAT election “result”??!!

The election wasn’t certified and they were STILL doing re-tallies.

Religious_Zealot on April 7, 2011 at 10:54 PM

Yeah, just saw Prosser on Greta Van Sustern’s show. Sadly for Wisconsin’s thug left, the Associated Press is not the final arbiter of vote tallies.

Blacklake on April 7, 2011 at 10:54 PM

In PA, in order to go fishing; I have to buy a fishing license and to get said license I have to provide my SS #. Then when I do go fishing I have to have my fishing license with me AND carry a second form of identification. On the other hand to vote I just have to show up and tell them my name. Are we sure these two things aren’t reversed here in Bizzaro Land?

reddevil on April 7, 2011 at 10:58 PM

canopfor on April 7, 2011 at 10:32 PM

This will be SOP from now on.

Del Dolemonte on April 7, 2011 at 10:45 PM

And it won’t surprise me to see Eric Holder & Co. rush right in there to ‘handle’ the situation.

Midas on April 7, 2011 at 11:00 PM

Sorry, wait – I think I saw someone use the words “crr6″ and “honor” in the same sentence, then my vision went blurry from the sight of such an outrageous contradiction in terms…

Did I miss something good?

Midas on April 7, 2011 at 11:02 PM

Did I miss something good?

Midas on April 7, 2011 at 11:02 PM

Just Tennmann trying to get some BBW tail.

CWforFreedom on April 7, 2011 at 11:07 PM

Midas on April 7, 2011 at 11:00 PM

If I were Judge Thomas Barland, Chairman of the Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, I tell Holder he could access State voting records over my dead body.

This is a state election, not a federal election. Wasn’t a single federal officer up for election on the ballot.

It is a state matter, for the state court to decide, should there be a need to or the state legislature to ameliorate, not the feds.

coldwarrior on April 7, 2011 at 11:08 PM

BBW = fat chick

CWforFreedom on April 7, 2011 at 11:08 PM

canopfor on April 7, 2011 at 10:32 PM
===============
This will be SOP from now on.

Del Dolemonte on April 7, 2011 at 10:45 PM

Del Dolemonte:Yup,and cruising the Progressive blogs,
is a goldmine of intell!:)

canopfor on April 7, 2011 at 11:24 PM

Hmmmm.

Proud Rino on April 7, 2011 at 10:19 PM

Really thats the best you can do?

Nuns with DatedID turned away…

They should be turned away if they had dated ID….

Just how do you think nuns would have voted for anyway? I have no problems in votes being lost if even if it were nuns with dated ID.

F15Mech on April 7, 2011 at 11:26 PM

Just Tennmann trying to get some BBW tail.

CWforFreedom on April 7, 2011 at 11:07 PM

You’re a very funny little man. Or woman. Whatever.

Tennman on April 7, 2011 at 11:29 PM

Proud Rino on April 7, 2011 at 10:19 PM

If you want to launch an investigation into the matter…

My brother is a priest so I can have him forward any objections to Rome if you like.

Let me know if I should lodge a complaint.

F15Mech on April 7, 2011 at 11:32 PM

Proud Rino on April 7, 2011 at 9:27 PM

Actually, sh!tdick, the Democrat clerk of Brookfield “found” 14,000 votes, and some of them were for your liberal Democrat candidate, “RINO”. If I recall of the last three election fraud cases in Wisconsin, they were all Democraps involved, which might be why Republicans are a little edgy on election night.

Jaibones on April 7, 2011 at 11:36 PM

Ok, I have to address this….

I don’t feel cheated, per se, but I DO feel somehow that I am owed something!

I too, sat through that whole melting bunny video from the iron through the hairdryer in sheer broken confusion of how such an evil thing could have happened to us….. and now?

Well, I sift through ALLAHPUNDIT’s devil’s advocate posts day after day, and nary a mention of the grating done on my nerves…. no, I say nothing, but…

on THIS!, I think I am entitled to reparations for this bunny gig, I really do.

Maybe a cookie or somethin’

somethin’!

PS: On another note, I think this was a true error and we were saved through Divine providence… May a battle has been saved over the millenia in much the same way.

golfmann on April 7, 2011 at 11:38 PM

F15Mech on April 7, 2011 at 11:26 PM

In 2004, a local Catholic High School voting precinct (my alma mater) was the only precinct in the county to run out of ballots…the only one.

Then, after the election was over, we found out that nuns at the local convent who worked migrant programs had arranged for migrant workers to go to the polls, apparently a lot of them.

None were registered to vote. They voted anyway. Were allowed to vote.

No one was charged.

The nuns excuse was that they were not familiar with the voting laws and they thought that the migrants would have liked to have voted since they lived in the county.

No charges were brought.

No, nuns simply cannot be given special rights to slip by voting laws simply because they wear a habit.

The referenced case in South Bend demonstrates that if one is that old, feeble or stupid to understand a simple law, a simple instruction, then they should not be allowed to vote.

coldwarrior on April 7, 2011 at 11:40 PM

coldwarrior on April 7, 2011 at 11:40 PM

I am not saying nuns should get voting rights based on the habit, I am saying discard all suspect votes and let everything sort it self out.

F15Mech on April 7, 2011 at 11:44 PM

Tennman on April 7, 2011 at 7:54 PM

Very rare I see you around here anyway. You’re not very smart I can tell.

CWforFreedom on April 7, 2011 at 8:00 PM

Tennman is one of the highly intelligent and polite old-timers, one of the ones who’ve gone gulching because the parlor turned into…well, it wouldn’t be nice to say.

The parlor is still the same, the guests are altered.

Schadenfreude on April 7, 2011 at 11:46 PM

coldwarrior on April 7, 2011 at 11:40 PM

PR linked to an article which sad “nuns denied voting…” or something like like (truth be told I only read the headline).

It does not matter to me if you are a nun or not IMO only the eligible can vote.

F15Mech on April 7, 2011 at 11:49 PM

Right….

I’m the first to call it….
PALIN/PROSSER 2012

victor82 on April 7, 2011 at 11:51 PM

F15Mech on April 7, 2011 at 11:44 PM

“Warning! Deadly Force Authorized! Unauthorized Entrance Prohibited!”

Ever see a sign like that at an installation or SCIF?

Simple, clear, to the point…and one has to provide valid photo ID to be compared to a bigot list prior to being allowed to enter…otherwise, the guy on the other side of the wire can politely turn you away or fire you up.

Voting for the PTA, who cares.

Voting for those who represent us or serve us in governance, ID has to be required and the simple clear rules regarding that voting simply have to be enforced…across the board. Citizens have died to maintain that Right to vote.

Otherwise, we see another Right tossed aside for some sort of sliding scale “right” that benefits us not one bit.

Nuns without proper ID? No ballot. It is not like this election was first announced the afternoon before it was held.

coldwarrior on April 7, 2011 at 11:53 PM

Schadenfreude on April 7, 2011 at 11:46 PM

crr6, I think you are an honorable opponent.

Tennman on April 7, 2011 at 7:11 PM

So Schad is Crr honorable? Really who in their effin right mind thinks she is honorable? Sorry that is just pathetic.

CWforFreedom on April 7, 2011 at 11:56 PM

Unless we win by the margin of fraud we still won’t win. MOF is thousands of votes.

Mojave Mark on April 8, 2011 at 12:00 AM

And now comes the part where PR backs up and tries to appear reasonable.

kingsjester on April 7, 2011 at 10:22 PM

Same M.O. every dang time.

Vince on April 8, 2011 at 12:05 AM

coldwarrior on April 7, 2011 at 11:53 PM

That was my point and could not agree more

(BTW Yes I have seen those signs as well)

F15Mech on April 8, 2011 at 12:16 AM

CWforFreedom on April 7, 2011 at 11:56 PM

crr6 used to be funny and much lighter. She flipped once Obama got elected. She’s gotten too snotty for such a young thing.

Tennman is a really good gent. Just trust me on this. You are too, a good person. Just leave it at this. We all have way more important things to fight. We know what they are.

Schadenfreude on April 8, 2011 at 12:17 AM

coldwarrior on April 7, 2011 at 11:53 PM

What is even more fun have you ever watched an “un-authorized person” cross the red line in order to “take a picture of the pretty airplanes/ships/tanks” while their family members watch in horror as they are tackled and cuffed? That was a fun day. :)

F15Mech on April 8, 2011 at 12:26 AM

Dam# this is going down like like a classic Bogart movie.

I am trying not to get to excited yet, but if this holds out…what a major blow to all the liberal, hitler sign waving extremist union thugs that descended on Wisconsin……..and what a great victory for the citizens of Wisconsin.

Baxter Greene on April 8, 2011 at 12:28 AM

F15Mech on April 8, 2011 at 12:26 AM

Had a young PFC MP out in Germany lock and load on a Colonel who walked into entryway of my SCIF, saying that he was the new division chief of staff, and he had to get inside since the CG and us were expecting him, even if his name wasn’t on the published list.

My MP held him at gun point until another MP entered the SCIF and asked if he could let the Colonel in.

The CG, a two-star, laughed and said if he hadn’t gotten himself on the bigot list yet, after being in the division for nearly a month, then, no he was not to be let inside.

We finished up and walked out and the Colonel was sitting in a jeep, angry as hell.

The next week, my PFC got orders from division. Promoted to Sp/4, and an Army Commendation Medal. Our CG was like that.

coldwarrior on April 8, 2011 at 12:34 AM

coldwarrior on April 8, 2011 at 12:34 AM

LMAO

F15Mech on April 8, 2011 at 12:39 AM

coldwarrior on April 8, 2011 at 12:34 AM

Without going into details…It is possible to have a F-15 develop all sorts of problems before it can even fire up it’s 2nd engine. Ironically sometimes a pilot may experience the issue more then others.

F15Mech on April 8, 2011 at 1:35 AM

Cold warrior, your story sounds amusing but too many abbreviations for a civilian to totally understand the situation.

karenhasfreedom on April 8, 2011 at 1:39 AM

I feel vindicated putting Ed and AP in their place being SO quick to agree with a Democrat CLAIMING victory. Shame on you both. You both should know better!

Sultry Beauty on April 8, 2011 at 2:13 AM

First?

Keef Overbite on April 8, 2011 at 2:20 AM

Several things come to mind. First, a link over on neoneocon to the effect that some people are now talking in Franken Units, each unit representing 500 uncounted votes.

Second, this could have been a Dem trying to keep the votes out of sight, then realizing it can’t be done.

Third, this might be a GOP strategem to let the Dems fire their guns, then role out REAL uncounted votes to trump them.

If the latter, it heralds a new age of manipulation in elections. I don’t like it, even if it give the good guys a chance.

njcommuter on April 8, 2011 at 3:31 AM

Proud Rino on April 7, 2011 at 9:27 PM

There were no extra votes “found”. They were always there.

Big f’n difference chump.

Saltysam on April 8, 2011 at 6:17 AM

Keep reading the MM Twitter. What a hoot or a tweet should I say?

CWforFreedom on April 8, 2011 at 6:43 AM

10 more years

10 more years

10 more years

jarodea on April 8, 2011 at 7:22 AM

Ok I am late to this thead but before I read it:

LOL at crr6

Daemonocracy on April 8, 2011 at 8:17 AM

Big f’n difference chump.

Saltysam on April 8, 2011 at 6:17 AM

I agree. What happened in Franken’s case was not even similar to what has happened here.
I just hope the people of the state of WI get all of their votes counted fairly.
And it’s a bunch of BS when one city in a state dictates to the rest of the state.

Badger40 on April 8, 2011 at 8:25 AM

For some big fun, go to the politico thread where the left was already debating how big the victory in WI:

A couple of gems:

“This is absolutely a rebuke of Walker and his policies. Polls show voters in Wisconsin have buyers’ remorse, and this is the first opportunity they have to express it. But it’s not just Wisconsin. Voters around the country have shown support for workers’ rights. And Republicans nationally, and in states around the country, are greatly overplaying their hands. This climate is mobilizing the left and will quickly alienate independents.”

Republicans declared war on the middle class, and the middle class struck back – and won. This is only the beginning. Republicans have awoken a sleeping giant in the electorate which will be felt in upcoming recall elections in Wisconsin and in 2012 elections nationally.

The Wisconsin Democrats have taught a valuable lesson to the national Democratic Party: When Democrats actually fight, and rally the public to their side, they can win. Wisconsin also sends an important message to the national Republican Party: Putting corporations over working families and bucking the will of the people will have consequences.

Is it a rebuke of Scott Walker? You betcha. The right is overreaching, as it often does, in trying to undo the institutions that built the strength of American society in the 20th century — the institutions that build and foster community in our nation. These institutions include labor unions, the public schools, and Social Security, which along with the rest of the New Deal made it possible for the Greatest Generation to survive the Great Depression, win World War II, and create the nation that today stands alone as the world’s superpower.

The progressive left is showing the will to fight for this America, to confront the radical conservatives who want us to see taxes as “theft,” want “the market” to protect us rather than us coming together as communities — and as a country — to protect each other.

Hopefully this win is a sign of things to come. Another Wisconsin Republican, who happens to handle budgetary matters in Washington, is surely taking note.

This election has been transformed into a symbol larger than it can sustain. The capacity of the Wisconsin Supreme Court to alter the policy approach of the governor is limited. Even if the court finds the current law restricting union collective bargaining rights to be unconstitutional, the judicial branch will not be able to prevent passage of another law achieving the same outcome but by different means.

That this election has been turned into a contest with such awesome power says more about America’s economic difficulties and the failure thus far of any politician to address them than about what the outcome means for Gov. Walker’s policy approach.

So, the left goes all in on an obscure, low-turnout judicial election and they swing the margin by…..less than 5 points? Is that all ya got?

Compare this to 2009 elections which swung 15 points to the right in VA (Governor) and MA (Senate). Now THAT was a refudiation.

johnboy on April 8, 2011 at 8:40 AM

johnboy on April 8, 2011 at 8:40 AM

As usual, the media made much ado about nothing. Making the news instead of reporting the news. Maybe the left is mobilized, hard to tell, but there is no universal rejection of Walker in the birthplace of A.F.S.C.M.E. You can’t even mobilize in Wisconsin of all places!

I mean if these numbers hold, Prosser will win right out with no automatic recount. A straight up win after all that hype? A straight up win after the liberals were holding up a .01% Kloppenburg victory as an ominous sign of things to come for Walker in Wisconsin and the GOP nationwide? LOL.

Daemonocracy on April 8, 2011 at 8:57 AM

I should have added that the above applies to Kloppenburg.

TQM38a on April 8, 2011 at 9:08 AM

Rats! I missed all the fun last night. But kudos to our Wisconsin commenters who spotted the irregularities in Waukesha on election night.

So, as for the unions. It appears we’ve awoken a sleeping normal-sized person.

Dee2008 on April 8, 2011 at 9:19 AM

Midas on April 7, 2011 at 11:00 PM

But at least they’ll be slowed down when they’ll have to walk around the New Black Panther party.

shick on April 8, 2011 at 9:38 AM

Schadenfreude on April 8, 2011 at 12:17 AM

Thank you, sir. As has been attested to time and again, one cannot prove his own intelligence or veracity. Had the gentleman replied to me in a manner which involved discourse rather than attack, I would have given him a better explanation. But, alas, the little man in his pants kept getting all wee-wee’d up.

Tennman on April 8, 2011 at 9:38 AM

As I suspected. Conservative country clerk “finds” 7,000 votes, and the people who were crying that conservatives never win close races, that dems always steal and cheat, aren’t questioning a thing. You guys are very silly.

ernesto on April 8, 2011 at 9:46 AM

ernesto on April 8, 2011 at 9:46 AM

Onme more time, ernie…get your facts straight.

No votes were “found.” None. They were already there, with a certified paper trail. The votes were just not passed along to the Associated Press on election night.

All the “i’s” were dotted and all “t’s” were crossed.

gOT IT?

coldwarrior on April 8, 2011 at 9:58 AM

ernesto on April 8, 2011 at 9:46 AM

It’s too early for whine. Kleenex?

kingsjester on April 8, 2011 at 10:05 AM

You guys are very silly.

ernesto on April 8, 2011 at 9:46 AM

I guess it depends on what you want us to question. Her certification to the state, the actual vote totals, is where the error was discovered. I mean, who would possibly question where an entire town’s vote was zero in their reporting to the AP?

So maybe we watched the presser with the explanation, ernesto, and aren’t inventing generalizations out of whole cloth.

Tennman on April 8, 2011 at 10:07 AM

coldwarrior on April 8, 2011 at 9:58 AM

Again, you seem so sure of this, yet when the inverse happens, even if its a similar situation (certified paper trail and whatnot), 1/2 of HA cries foul play. I for one don’t believe an election here was stolen, but its really silly to see so many commenters cry foul play at the first sign of a close democratic victory.

ernesto on April 8, 2011 at 10:08 AM

ernesto on April 8, 2011 at 10:08 AM

If you had been paying attention on Election night…

Never mind, you have none.

coldwarrior on April 8, 2011 at 10:12 AM

As Hugh Hewitt said, several elections ago, if it’s not close, they can’t cheat.

skydaddy on April 8, 2011 at 10:16 AM

ernesto on April 8, 2011 at 9:46 AM

They weren’t “found”. You libs love to keep saying this. There were NO votes for Brookfield, a fairly large city in Waukesha County. Did we make up Brookfield? My imagination must be powerful, considering that one of my company’s offices is IN Brookfield.

MadisonConservative on April 8, 2011 at 10:16 AM

ernesto on April 8, 2011 at 10:08 AM

Ya gotta love liberals and their straw men…

Got a link to back up this broad brush assertion?

fossten on April 8, 2011 at 10:16 AM

Hey ernesto…. is this all you got now?

Let’s talk about the implication of this as proof of approval of Walker and the national mood.

OR….
How the party is over for the libs and all that’s left is to take out the trash.

Voter ID, here we come!

golfmann on April 8, 2011 at 10:21 AM

They expect mistakes to be made so that is why they verify the count or whatever word they use. However, thinking that she had won by 40 votes, Kloppenburger prematurely declared herself the winner. She is to blame.

Blake on April 8, 2011 at 10:27 AM

Your “revolution” is over, Mr. Lebowski! Condolences! The bums lost! My advice is, do what your parents did! Get a job, sir!

The bums will always lose– do you hear me, Lebowski? THE BUMS WILL ALWAYS LOSE!

Terp Mole on April 8, 2011 at 10:28 AM

Terp Mole on April 8, 2011 at 10:28 AM

Heh. Nice one. In Madison, the bums will abide, but I raise a beverage to their deep and painful loss in this particular electoral event.

Missy on April 8, 2011 at 10:38 AM

ernesto on April 8, 2011 at 9:46 AM

Dems do steal and cheat. Wisconsin does have a long history of election fraud perpetrated by Democrats.

The reason the wails are so loud and long is because the Dems know that if they’d only learned of the 7500K discrepancy on Tuesday night, they’d have made up the difference by Thursday, as is their SOP. Their usual opportunity to cheat has slipped through their fingers.

Suck it, union goons.

Missy on April 8, 2011 at 10:44 AM

If the circumstances were reversed you guys would be screaming bloody murder a la Minnesota Senate 2008. Proud Rino on April 7, 2011 at 9:27 PM

One would think that even a RINO would occasionally rejoice when something went the GOP’s way.

What a fraud.

Akzed on April 8, 2011 at 12:18 PM

If you had been paying attention on Election night…

Never mind, you have none.

coldwarrior on April 8, 2011 at 10:12 AM

Ernesto is a liberal and doesn’t believe in paying for anything, including attention, unless the government is picking up the tab.

sdd on April 8, 2011 at 12:30 PM

What I really want to know is if any Lizard People voted for Prosser or the woman whatever her name is.

Badger40 on April 8, 2011 at 1:44 PM

ernesto on April 8, 2011 at 9:46 AM

Of course, it’s already been established they were not reported.
It’s not that they were ‘found’. Like for instance, when you magically find a bunch of ballots that are all for one candidate in the back of someone’s car, or in a stockroom or something.
And it’s not like they were counting hanging chads, or Lizard People votes or anything.
If it was, I’d be just as outraged bcs there should be no cheating whatsoever.Period.
I also doubt there were a bunch of voters named Mikey Mouse, Donald Duck etc. that were voting for Prosser.

Badger40 on April 8, 2011 at 1:47 PM

Have you actually ever asked poor people for their ID? I have, every day for over 20 years as a Social Security Cliams Representative. And without expection they all had some. It’s just a fact of life. When you are asked for ID five or six times a week, you have ID on you at all times. Its no big deal. So all that talk about the poor being disenfanchized by ID laws is just a smoke screen.

Fred 2 on April 8, 2011 at 1:58 PM

Proud Rino on April 7, 2011 at 9:27 PM

Apparently you and the WI Democrats get all of your “facts” from the MSM (aka LSM), despite much evidence that much of what the MSM publishes is simply made up.

Consequently, you are forever doomed to disappointment and failure.

landlines on April 8, 2011 at 2:06 PM

ernesto, why don’t you question why the AP didn’t question why an entire town was reporting 0 votes?

I thought you had a better brain than other lefties around here. You disappoint in this.

Schadenfreude on April 8, 2011 at 2:37 PM

Want a laugh? Check out Michael Moore’s Twitter feed. He’s upset that the counties are conducting a canvass — you know, to make sure that the votes actually get counted correctly — because, er, “Kloppenburg has already declared victory! Repubs in WI r behaving like sore losers.” No, this is not a parody account, either, although it’s hard to tell.

I wonder if Moore will be spouting the same sentiments when Kloppenburg demands a recount?! My guess is, probably not.

But I hope that there are many eyes on watch during the recount, because that is when the demoncrats cheating is bound to happen in full force. Especially since they were foiled the first time.

Sterling Holobyte on April 8, 2011 at 2:46 PM

Madison – Justice David Prosser appeared on Fox News Thursday night and told host Greta Van Sustern, “I’m not conceding, and I’m not congratulating. And I’m not claiming victory.”

“We’re simply waiting out the process,” Prosser added.

Prosser gained 7,582 votes over challenger JoAnne Kloppenberg after a canvass of votes in Waukesha County.

Prosser also continued to make the case that the state Supreme Court race “should not be a referendum” on Gov. Scott Walker “or any piece of legislation that may end up in the court.”

“Some people have insisted that it was,” he said. “And they take either comfort or displeasure in what they see as the ever changing results of the election.”

Prosser added: “I like to think that I have survived a nuclear firestorm of criticism and attack and smear. So as far as I’m concerned if these results hold up I will be the winner. My opponent has the right to call for a recount and have the state pay for that recount if it is within a certain level. But, if you get up over 7,000 votes that’s serious business, that’s not likely to be overcome.”

Schadenfreude on April 8, 2011 at 2:50 PM

Michael Moore is our greatest treasure. Noone else could make democrats look as stupid as he does.

Scrappy on April 8, 2011 at 2:53 PM

As I suspected. Conservative country clerk “finds” 7,000 votes

ernesto on April 8, 2011 at 9:46 AM

You’re a dollar short and a day late on this one, as earlier in the thread Proud Rino tried the same meme. Won’t work.

The votes were never “found”. They were there all along.

Democrat-owned al-AP simply jumped the gun and didn’t report them.

Del Dolemonte on April 8, 2011 at 3:28 PM

The Democrats hate it when that kind of thing happens, like the bags of votes they found after Reid was down in the last election. There were votes in the trunk of a car and in a mop closet at one of the polling places. But that was OK with the Democrats. They are such a joke and a bunch of liars as well.

old war horse on April 8, 2011 at 4:42 PM

Ernie you’re pathetic.

CWforFreedom on April 8, 2011 at 5:21 PM

Fred 2 on April 8, 2011 at 1:58 PM

Of course it is.
And reasonable people know this.
But there are a lot or stupid people out there.
That is why we have Obama.

Badger40 on April 8, 2011 at 6:25 PM

Good Solid B-Plus on April 7, 2011 at 10:22 PM
I offered my driver’s license at the polling place,
and the old ladies there just laughed that I did so. Sickening.

MadisonConservative on April 7, 2011 at 10:30 PM

Maybe you need to take a closer look at your picture, MadCon.

hawkdriver on April 9, 2011 at 10:34 AM

hawkdriver on April 9, 2011 at 10:34 AM

Now that was just…well, got coffee to clean up. Thanks, Hawk. :-)

coldwarrior on April 9, 2011 at 2:15 PM