Audio: Hey, remember when Debbie Wasserman-Schultz decided she was going to play civility cop?

posted at 10:06 pm on April 6, 2011 by Allahpundit

You probably don’t remember. It happened a long time ago, in a different political era. By which, of course, I mean “January.” That was when her friend Gabby Giffords got shot and she and the rest of the left decided, with not a shred of justification, to treat it as a Teachable Moment about Republican incivility. As I say, you probably don’t remember. But Laura Ingraham does, just like she remembers The One lecturing us about scaring the elderly before Pelosi started prattling on about the coming senior apocalypse.

I know I said it once before today, but it bears repeating: Excellent job, Mr. President. Of all the shameless hacks in Washington whom you could have chosen for the DNC, you picked one whose shamelessness is truly exceptional. I can’t wait for the next lecture on how “we can agree without being disagreeable.”

Comments

Ah, the irony. She is the biggest whining hack the DNC could have ever chosen. I feared having a relatively rational person like Strickland in the job.

Watching her should be fun.

neoavatara on April 6, 2011 at 10:09 PM

The voice bothers me the most.
So does the hair.

OmahaConservative on April 6, 2011 at 10:10 PM

That voice. Is Sergeant WassermanSchultz married, and if so is her husband dealing with depression?

Bishop on April 6, 2011 at 10:10 PM

Hypocrisy as usual in the Democratic ranks.

Hey! Maybe next a lecture from Barney Frank of fiscal responsibility and oversight.

GarandFan on April 6, 2011 at 10:12 PM

She’s married!! She must be loaded. No other explanation as to why a human male would share a bed with that thing.

angryed on April 6, 2011 at 10:13 PM

Can’t wait for her ‘YEEEAAARRRRGGGHH!’ moment.

Phil-351 on April 6, 2011 at 10:14 PM

The Wasserman-Schultz comedy gold potential is off the charts. Hot Air should be sending her a check every month from now till 2012.

SlaveDog on April 6, 2011 at 10:15 PM

The New Nancy! Thank God for small favors!

humdinger on April 6, 2011 at 10:15 PM

angryed on April 6, 2011 at 10:13 PM

Did you see the Omega Male video Allah posted yesterday? They might go for someone like Debbie.

sharrukin on April 6, 2011 at 10:17 PM

She’s married to Sgt. Shultz.

“I hear nus-ing! I see nus-ing”

Bruno Strozek on April 6, 2011 at 10:18 PM

The path that the Republicans are taking to achieve this is what we call in the media, what I’ve called in the media for a long time, a dead demographic story. What is a dead demographic story? A dead demographic story is it only affects them old folks! And them young folks ain’t gonna be paying attention to it! The 18-to-34, the 25-to-49 crowd. Medicare? What the hell’s that?! I’m trying to keep my job, man! What are you talking about?! That doesn’t catch my attention! But it catches the attention of the almost dead!

Der Ed Schultz

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/jack-coleman/2011/04/06/he-means-you-grandma-ed-schultz-denigrates-elderly-almost-dead#ixzz1IndklGjd

This crowd is truly something.

CWforFreedom on April 6, 2011 at 10:18 PM

sharrukin on April 6, 2011 at 10:17 PM

LOL. No I missed it. I’ll have to look for it.

angryed on April 6, 2011 at 10:19 PM

Can’t wait for the sound bytes when Wasserman-Schultz is in need of some Midol…

Seven Percent Solution on April 6, 2011 at 10:20 PM

You have to love Laura’s production team. The magic wand sound effect and Sinatra’s Same and Song and Dance are priceless.

John the Libertarian on April 6, 2011 at 10:21 PM

Der Ed Schultz

Everyone knows what Medicare is. It’s that place in the paycheck where 2.9% of our gross income is stolen every 2 weeks by the govt. Right next to that other section called Social Security where 12.4% of our income is stolen every 2 weeks.

Man.

angryed on April 6, 2011 at 10:21 PM

Yes, DWS is the quintessential Democrat. Excellent choice, Mr. President.

DrStock on April 6, 2011 at 10:22 PM

LOL. No I missed it. I’ll have to look for it.

angryed on April 6, 2011 at 10:19 PM

If you dare!

Not many of us could make it the full 8 minutes.

sharrukin on April 6, 2011 at 10:23 PM

Wasserman-Schultz who is the one who said the week after: “Yes I was in Gabby’s room. I talked to her and said “Get well fast, Gabby! We need you for 2012!”

Marcus on April 6, 2011 at 10:23 PM

Liberal as hypocrite. A real dog-bites-man story. / (not that it shouldn’t be blogged about)

Kataklysmic on April 6, 2011 at 10:25 PM

John the Libertarian on April 6, 2011 at 10:21 PM

I know some people don’t like Laura’s voice or that she can be vicious but her show is good and when she has guests on she does a good job interviewing.

CWforFreedom on April 6, 2011 at 10:25 PM

Amazing.

Gotta say though… Miss Debbie is perfect for the job. She has the ability to continuously stream complete and utter bullshit from her mouth, seemingly without even a hint of concern that everyone within earshot knows she’s lying.

Mr. Schultz….you’re in my prayers.

Spider79 on April 6, 2011 at 10:28 PM

I say,send Debbie a can of dog food!!

And,can opener too!

Sheesh!

canopfor on April 6, 2011 at 10:29 PM

Debbie Wasserman-Schultz decided she was going to play civility cop
================

I say,a Civility Czar is in order and should be made,
specifically for the new Chairsperson,er ChairMoonBat!!

And damm*tt,I do miss Dean,er,the Scream’n part that is!(sarc).

canopfor on April 6, 2011 at 10:31 PM

Debbie’s into role playing?

steebo77 on April 6, 2011 at 10:34 PM

Appointing this brainesss bimbo to chair the DNC may be Obama’s dumbest move yet. Men are guranteed to hate her. She’s truly every man’s “sister-in-law from hell.”

bw222 on April 6, 2011 at 10:35 PM

Mr. Schultz….you’re in my prayers.

Spider79 on April 6, 2011 at 10:28 PM

Ms. Schultz, you’re the answer to my prayers.

steebo77 on April 6, 2011 at 10:35 PM

John the Libertarian on April 6, 2011 at 10:21 PM

Exactly John…..and the same ol’ song is sure waring thin on the public. Looks like the Democratic Playbook will be heading to the Smithsonian any day now.

Rovin on April 6, 2011 at 10:37 PM

Just when you thought the Democrats couldn’t get any lower than Howard “I have a scream” Dean, they go and prove you wrong.

Howard may be a frothing at the mouth marxist lunatic. Howard may be a bully, a provocateur, and a vile human being. But, at least the guy has half a brain, the evil half, but at least it’s half.

Wasserman Schultz, in addition to being a marxist lunatic, bully, provocateur, and vile, she is not very bright.

I think the democrats have made an excellent choice.

DeathB4Tyranny on April 6, 2011 at 10:38 PM

off topic, @AllahP:

Justice Prosser has a victory fund now:
big linky where you put money in and conservative votes are preserved in WI

It is probably worth passing the hat around.

knob on April 6, 2011 at 10:40 PM

HA! I knew I’d find it!

csdeven on April 6, 2011 at 10:40 PM

No doubt her favorite drink…

… is vinegar and water.

Seven Percent Solution on April 6, 2011 at 10:41 PM

Wasserman is so “talking point” driven that she fails to convince anyone of anything beyond her leftwing base.

Her hysterics and over the top accusations are easily debunked….leaving her with no credibility and very few people taking her seriously.

Before this liberal experiment is over with ,Wasserman will actually make Dean look competent.
She is basically a female version of Alan Grayson…..nothing there but idiotic,infantile statements meant to energize and fuel the hatred of the left.
This Pelosi pawn will have the same low approval ratings and ensure democratic losses just like her liberal mentor Nancy in a very short time.

Baxter Greene on April 6, 2011 at 10:46 PM

LOL, but she is the cutest lib I can think of, just saying… Guess they’re looking to increase turnout with the young folks again :-)

rpjones68 on April 6, 2011 at 10:46 PM

Justice Prosser has a victory fund now:
big linky where you put money in and conservative votes are preserved in WI

It is probably worth passing the hat around.

knob on April 6, 2011 at 10:40 PM

If I thought there’d be a serious fight, I’d consider it. Maybe.

Historically – like the Dems steal every close election, the Reps roll over and play subservient (*almost* always). I suspect that a ‘fight’ here will entail spending a lot more of our money, yielding even more manufactured votes for Klopperface.

Midas on April 6, 2011 at 10:48 PM

…nothing there but idiotic,infantile statements meant to energize and fuel the hatred of the left.

In other words, she’s perfect for this particular job, perhaps.

It’s not about attracting new Democrats, it’s about whipping the base into a frenzy, bleeding them of their dollars, and funding ever more election stealing.

Midas on April 6, 2011 at 10:50 PM

HA! I knew I’d find it!

csdeven on April 6, 2011 at 10:40 PM

csdeveven:Sweet,that must of been the video entry,as Hopey
*ss kisser,that shoed her in for Chair/person of
the DNC,great catch,too,btw!:)

canopfor on April 6, 2011 at 10:51 PM

Ack,s/p boo boo,should be csdeven,not,csdeveven,ugh!!

canopfor on April 6, 2011 at 10:53 PM

Bishop on April 6, 2011 at 10:10 PM

Her husband fakes the headache.

HornetSting on April 6, 2011 at 10:53 PM

W-Winning

T-The

F-Phrase(close enough,ha!)

canopfor on April 6, 2011 at 10:55 PM

Dem = Democrat = Demonizer

Josiah on April 6, 2011 at 10:55 PM

Oops! I mean Same Old Song and Dance.

Guess it’s time for my Dire Straits apology: Sorry for the typo :p

John the Libertarian on April 6, 2011 at 10:55 PM

If I thought there’d be a serious fight, I’d consider it. Maybe.

Midas on April 6, 2011 at 10:48 PM

Aren’t you rolling over by giving up on the fight yourself? You’re self-fulfilling your prophecy…

I, too, was once an eeyore, but sometime a line in the sand must be drawn.

knob on April 6, 2011 at 10:57 PM

And Tim Kaine is going to run for our state senator in Virginia *sigh* I’m hoping Virginians remember how unpopular he was only a few years back or I may have to move.

Firefly_76 on April 6, 2011 at 10:58 PM

OBAMACARE
OBAMACARE
OBAMACARE

Maybe that’ll make her hair curl or something.

SouthernGent on April 6, 2011 at 11:00 PM

HA! I knew I’d find it!

csdeven on April 6, 2011 at 10:40 PM

She is just pissed that it they worked so hard on it and O did nothing. Why does he get top bill.

tjexcite on April 6, 2011 at 11:03 PM

I’m tired of directing my ire at the Left. It’s a waste of time. They’re children, and never change. I’m going to start red-directing my ire and disgust at conservatives and republicans. That is, at those who refuse to call them out and stand up to them.

Republicans should never lose to or be outplayed by these children. But they are, again and again. If conservatives and republicans can’t figure it out and call them out, I’m done with them. My paramount criterion now: do you call out the Left and fight back, fiercely and relentlessly? If not, I’ve got no interest in you.

rrpjr on April 6, 2011 at 11:04 PM

SlaveDog on April 6, 2011 at 10:15 PM

She will be great fodder. She’s perfect for the job, great liar, no visible conscience, takes direction well from superiors, jusyt off balance enough to scare her own people into compliance, she’s a natural. Think Terry McCauliffe with PMS.

Tim Zank on April 6, 2011 at 11:04 PM

“Death Panels”: Boo, hisssss, hate speech; uncivil!
“Death traps”: Yay, double + good; civil!

OxyCon on April 6, 2011 at 11:18 PM

In other words, she’s perfect for this particular job, perhaps.

Midas on April 6, 2011 at 10:50 PM

I see your point and understand that part of her job is to energize the base.
..But in the process,she will be turning off valuable independents and energizing Republicans with her over the top rhetoric and easily debunked accusations.

Wasserman’s circus act is a double edged sword that will probably do more harm to Obama’s election chances than good.

They don’t have Bush hatred, the Iraq war,and an economic crash to run against this time….they have to rely on their record of failure and broken promises.
Wasserman trying to spin this failure into a success story will only help further erode what little credibility democrats have on the issues now.

Baxter Greene on April 6, 2011 at 11:28 PM

Baxter Greene on April 6, 2011 at 11:28 PM

This is exactly why I smiled when I read she was to lead the DNC. If others have even a close reaction of revulsion I have when I see or hear her,the DNC will be losing Indies by the boat load.

IowaWoman on April 7, 2011 at 12:20 AM

Debbie Wasserman-Schultz: first elected drag queen

Deb, you might want to talk to Ru Paul about how to look like a female

Niteowl45 on April 7, 2011 at 12:21 AM

I remember when the dems lost Florida in 2000. C-Span showed their meetings and focus groups and they were being taught how to demagog an issue. How to lie basically.

They hired an individual, and I believe they still have him on the payroll, to teach them how to respond to Republicans in an aggressive manner.

Vince on April 7, 2011 at 12:56 AM

She is basically a female version of Alan Grayson….

Baxter Greene on April 6, 2011 at 10:46 PM

Grayson was busy. She was runner up for the crown.

trapeze on April 7, 2011 at 1:13 AM

apocalypse

Hey Allahpundit, I look forward to meeting you in heaven by the side of the river of life. Everything will be brand “sparkling” new and beautiful, like it used to be in the creation week, and it will stay that way. The second law of thermodynamics (sweat, sorrow, pain and death) will have been “removed,” for the curse will be gone. Isaiah 65:17, “For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.” A new heavens and a new earth? You mean God is going to fix it back like it used to be and if you are saved you are going to get to live there forever in great happiness? Wow! It is going to be great! I guess now you can see why I hope you’re there, Allahpundit. Having you around will be lots of fun without any aging, decay, and death. The Bible says, “God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes” (Revelation 7:17). Our tears of sorrow will be turned into tears of thanksgiving and joy. So do your best to get there, OK. Remember, meet you at the river of life. Well, thank you for listening. Bye for now.

apacalyps on April 7, 2011 at 1:18 AM

Tip

John Edwards ‘suicidal’ over facing jail

Nearly Nobody on April 7, 2011 at 2:35 AM

Is she doing the “hokey pokey” in that pic? I’m humming, “put your left foot in, take your left foot out…”

Oh, and good post, AP.

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on April 7, 2011 at 3:00 AM

We have to get over calling liberals/socialists hypocrites. They have no values to be hypocritical about.

Those who believe in relative morality – relative truth – deceit in all things as outlined by Alinsky in his Rule for Radicals, hardly care about principled positions amnyway -other than as pretense for the rubes to swallow.

Don L on April 7, 2011 at 6:14 AM

Hypocrisy.

Eh, not really. Politicians only do what their voters demand of them. Which brings us to the IQ of the typical Wasserman-Hyphen-Badperm voter…

MNHawk on April 7, 2011 at 6:49 AM

Instead of Republican talking points, they should send out “laughing point”.
Every time this woman talks, our side should just laugh at her, and remind her that what she is saying, she was against a few months ago, so she is basically arguing and complaining about herself.
They should laugh and demean her every chance they get.
“Debbie, you are arguing with yourself again, HAHAHAHAHA!”
“Debbie, you forgot to add that after we starve the senior citizens, then we eat them, HAHAHAHAHA!”
“Debbie, we don’t want to overlook the children, we want to enslave them, HAHAHAHAHA!”
“Debbie, you think dems are the only ones that have parents or love their parents, well you are right, we want out parents to suffer and starve to death, HAHAHAHAHA!”
Ridicule, embarrass, and treat her as a cartoon character that is extreme and out of touch with reality.

right2bright on April 7, 2011 at 7:20 AM

You know if she gets under Paul Ryan’s skin she is bad.

tomas on April 7, 2011 at 7:21 AM

Bring it! Blatant, outrageous, dragonlady, shrew, Marxist liar, Wasserman-Ditz ambitiously campaigned with hen pecked Ron Klein in Fl-22 against Lt. Col. Allen West in 2010. We all know how that turned out.

Jayrae on April 7, 2011 at 8:09 AM

If Debbie and Howard Dean were trapped in an elevator for longer than 5 minutes, who would come out alive?

percysunshine on April 7, 2011 at 8:15 AM

You know if she gets under Paul Ryan’s skin she is bad.

tomas on April 7, 2011 at 7:21 AM

And she doesn’t get under your skin, too? Oh, that’s right, you lack testosterone.

Sekhmet on April 7, 2011 at 8:19 AM

percysunshine on April 7, 2011 at 8:15 AM

Hope for a double-kill?

Sekhmet on April 7, 2011 at 8:20 AM

rpjones68 on April 6, 2011 at 10:46 PM

Ever heard of Kirsten Powers?

Sorry, but you need to take a closer look at csdeven’s link. She’s a horrid looking hag.

fossten on April 7, 2011 at 8:22 AM

You know if she gets under Paul Ryan’s skin she is bad.

tomas on April 7, 2011 at 7:21 AM

You know, if any piece of leftist trash will ever get in the same room with Paul Ryan again, after he fact slapped little Bammy from one end of the room to the other, they will be…well, they won’t be run of the mill leftist cowards, that’s for sure.

I don’t think there is one left. Certainly not Wasserman-Hyphen.

MNHawk on April 7, 2011 at 8:45 AM

The Ingram clip is excellent and accurate. But it reminded me about Sarah Palin’s “death panels”. I like Palin but with the “death panels” she entered the rhetorical low ground of people like Wasserman-Schultz. We can do better than that.

thuja on April 7, 2011 at 9:04 AM

We’re not going to be able to do anything about any of these entitlements if what we do is characterize whatever proposals are put out there as ‘Well, you know, that’s the other party being irresponsible . . . the other party is trying to hurt our senior citizens.’

“That’s why I say: If we’re going to frame these in the way that allow us to solve them, then we can’t start off by figuring out a) who is to blame; b) how can we make the American people afraid of the other side. And unfortunately that’s how our politics works right now. . . . And so the question is, at what point can we have a serious conversation about Medicare and its long-term liability, or a serious conversation about Social Security or serious conversation about budget and debt where aren’t simply trying to position ourselves politically?” — Barack Obama, 2010

Words, just words.

itsnotaboutme on April 7, 2011 at 9:10 AM

DW-S is the gift that keeps on giving…

Thanks DIMocrats for hiring the harpie…

Khun Joe on April 7, 2011 at 9:17 AM

Yikes.

Jaibones on April 7, 2011 at 9:21 AM

If people were honest, the first thing they’d say is we’re so far in debt, the future will be painful for everyone, not just Grandma. It’s like living off of credit cards for years, and then the credit card company cutting you off. We’ll be cut off, one way or another. We’re going to have to print more money to pay our debt. And if you think Grandma was going to be in trouble now, that’s nothing compared to $10 gas and $5 milk and $5 for a loaf of Butternut bread. And then the Democrats will b!tch and moan, but, guess what? That will be life in America. You won’t be able to blame Republicans for that. I blame the demagogues who wouldn’t let the Republicans deal responsibly with Social Security in the 1980s.

Paul-Cincy on April 7, 2011 at 9:27 AM