Video: “Dear Woman”

posted at 10:06 pm on April 5, 2011 by Allahpundit

To cleanse the palate, an instant classic via Red State’s Caleb Howe and Liberty Pundits’ Melissa Clouthier, who recognized this instantly for the beta-male masterpiece that it is and knew just who to tweet it to.

There’s nothing I can say to prepare you for it so I won’t try. Except this: Of the half-dozen or so women I’ve seen comment on it on Twitter, not a single one has been receptive. The cruel fate of the beta, my friends.

Update: Greenroomer Lori Ziganto is, alas, not a fan of the betas.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Wasn’t the guy on the right the guy that was on My Favorite Martian?

Kini on April 5, 2011 at 10:35 PM

He is a dead ringer for Ray Walston, but Mr. Walston died in 2001.

DrMagnolias on April 6, 2011 at 9:07 AM

Am I allowed to punch all of these babies in the face? Big F**king babies…. Ugh.
Do Not Want.

mjk on April 6, 2011 at 9:10 AM

The producers wish to thank the GLTB offices throughout the state of California for thier assistance in producing this film!

chicken thief on April 6, 2011 at 9:16 AM

Urge to kill rising!

jollycynic on April 6, 2011 at 9:23 AM

Had a migraine last night. Now I know why. It was my oppression of the divinity of the female energies.

Whodathunkit!

I needed a good laugh this morning! Thanks, AP!

catmman on April 6, 2011 at 9:28 AM

This is textbook feminism, combined with a new age / Wicca / neo-pagan religious outlook. I spent far too much time having to deal with these folks in college.

To them, male energy is the source of war and violence. Female energy is the source of love, healing, and general all-around holistic awesomeness. They will hate you for pointing it out to them, but it is a very convenient Manichean outlook on life.

It goes without saying that none of these folks have ever been to the roller derby. Or the beauty salon, for that matter.

In their view, the role of a wise women is to raise men’s consciousness to make them “aware.” Once a man is “aware,” he needs to bring the message to his brothers. This video does that.

In all fairness, they make some good points about the inequality and injustice that women have faced in many cultures. I used to try to explain to the college feminists how European Christendom developed the idea of chivalry and “code of courtly love” in medieval France to rebut the barbarian view. In barbarian culture, a man uses his strength to subjugate and conquer. In medieval Christendom, a strong knight was supposed to protect and serve physically weaker but equally-worthy women. The idea of chivalry was influenced strongly by a French noblewoman, Eleanor of Aquitane, who articulated and promoted the code of courtly love throughout her realm. This is a “solution” to the problem of male aggression that serves women well and resulted in our own modern civilization that strives for equality (but not sameness) between the sexes.

As you can imagine, my arguments were always dismissed by the feminists. To them, chivalry is old, Western, Christian, and supportive of men’s strength — and therefore bad. In fact, their fear and suspicion of mens’ strength also leads them to distrust strength in general (exhibit A: Sarah Palin, Michelle Bachman, any other “mamma Grizzly”). Their preferred method is to turn both men and women into some fuzzy made-up idea of an ideal women. The guys in this video represent success to them.

Just don’t ask these men to protect you from the barbarian horde, ladies. You won’t like the results.

Anton on April 6, 2011 at 9:35 AM

I made it as far as 23 seconds of this and decided I had to shut it off. UGH! such weenies!

mizflame98 on April 6, 2011 at 9:42 AM

Who in the hell are these that pretend to speak for “our gender”?

Sinner on April 6, 2011 at 9:54 AM

Boo-f*cking-hoo.

Equals? When did women grow p*nises?

“Men” in this video should turn in their cards. I’m ashamed of them.

connectthedots on April 6, 2011 at 9:59 AM

I hope Bin laden and AQ never see this…

tinkerthinker on April 6, 2011 at 10:00 AM

I watched it again, this time a full minute. A wave of nausea came over me. Had to stop.

mizflame98 on April 6, 2011 at 10:01 AM

The description of the video on youtube:

Gay Hendricks, Arjuna Ardagh and a group of Conscious Men from around the world offer apologies to women for thousands of years of imbalance between masculine and feminine energy, as well as vision of a new era of co-creation.

Yes, it’s ghey!

mizflame98 on April 6, 2011 at 10:11 AM

15 seconds. Nope. Not gonna subject myself to this drivel.

Jeddite on April 6, 2011 at 10:17 AM

This is either a joke- and a hilarious parody all in one- or it’s a “Con” and a attempted means for these guys to ‘score’ with women.

JimP on April 6, 2011 at 10:20 AM

Can’t even finish it.

Oh, sweet Jesus, I’m aghast.

Three letter response: W T F

Pablo Snooze on April 6, 2011 at 10:36 AM

My response…
here

kurtzz3 on April 6, 2011 at 10:44 AM

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA !!

But wait?!? April Fool’s Day was last Thursday?? WTF??

bannedbyhuffpo on April 6, 2011 at 10:57 AM

Wasn’t the guy on the right the guy that was on My Favorite Martian?

Kini on April 5, 2011 at 10:35 PM

He is a dead ringer for Ray Walston, but Mr. Walston died in 2001.

DrMagnolias on April 6, 2011 at 9:07 AM

That’s what I thought, too. Walston also played Mr. Hand in Fast Times are Ridgemont High.

UltimateBob on April 6, 2011 at 10:58 AM

The only chicks who would fall for this are twenty year old granola-crunchers.

Real women are sickened by this. Believe me.

Grace_is_sufficient on April 6, 2011 at 11:05 AM

So, uh, when do we get the beta women’s version?

Robert17 on April 6, 2011 at 11:06 AM

The one bright side: the guy, obviously Middle Eastern, who mentioned FGM.

baldilocks on April 6, 2011 at 11:07 AM

Not a fan. I believe that men should be the heads of their household. Not abusive in that power, but being a loving provider and protector. I believe that feminism has played a major role in destroying the family. I know not everyone here is a Christian, but as a Christian woman I believe that God provided a model for the household for a reason (here, specifically, referencing Ephesians 5).

Kelli_D on April 6, 2011 at 11:08 AM

I had to watch a few UFC fights on YouTube to cleanse my self after watching it.

And only could tolerate a minute of that clip.

Conservative Samizdat on April 6, 2011 at 11:12 AM

Losers

EasyEight on April 6, 2011 at 11:15 AM

(NOTE IN ADVANCE: THIS COMMENT IS SARCASTIC)

While they are in apology mode could they add video versions to their list of offendees:

To Jews for hating and persecuting them.
To Nazis for being so harsh to them during WW2.
To Muslim Terrorists deeply devoted fundamentalists for being insensitive to their needs to peaceful dominate.
To the majority of women who believe this world needs more real strong men.
To real men who don’t need you apologizing for them for things they didn’t do.
To anyone who ate anything from a restaurant and got food poisoning.
To hardened criminals who were never loved by their fathers.
To every blade of grass that unwillingly suffered weekly cutting.
To every murdered creature for the consumption of man or for sport.
To every rock that ever suffered the humiliation of being sat on.
To anyone who can never get back the 8+ minutes they wasted on this video.

shick on April 6, 2011 at 11:18 AM

I made it to the part of women peacefully resolving conflict and was torn between hysterical laughter and throwing up. Maybe these guys missed the videos of Burger King and on the subway showing women “peacefully” expressing difference of opinion. As a woman I am appalled that a man would consider me such a wimp as whoever wrote this piece of nonsense. Come back John Wayne!

msactionjackson on April 6, 2011 at 11:26 AM

Yikes, I made it only 45 seconds into it and all I could think of was the inevitable Will Ferrell parody.

Chuckles3 on April 6, 2011 at 11:26 AM

I showed this to my daughter, 35, visiting from Portland,OR, school teacher, high maintenance, New Agey. She didn’t make it as far as I.
“Dad!!, is that real? That’s so ghey!”

Open The Door on April 6, 2011 at 11:37 AM

About 45 seconds was all.

Substitute “Dear Woman” with “Dear Obama”and mega barf
all over yourself

Texyank on April 6, 2011 at 11:42 AM

EEUUW. I couldn’t get beyond :40.

PattyJ on April 6, 2011 at 11:43 AM

That was truly horrible, leftist crap.

pugwriter on April 6, 2011 at 11:54 AM

…and these rubes wonder why women they dat or are with are cheating on them…I am in tears laughing so hard…wouldn’t be surprised if half of them dress as babies in some wierd mommy role play…God help us all..best laugh of the day

PatriotPete on April 6, 2011 at 12:02 PM

So. When do these guys start giving me money?

J.E. Dyer on April 6, 2011 at 12:05 PM

Okay, so that’s 2 minutes of my life I’ll never get back (that’s as much of this mindless drivel that I could stand). As we used to say when I was a teenager, “Ugh, gag me with a spoon!”

College Prof on April 6, 2011 at 12:18 PM

AP is the one with the ocean background.

nottakingsides on April 6, 2011 at 12:23 PM

I was gonna ask…which one is Pundon’t?

long_cat on April 6, 2011 at 12:28 PM

I watched the whole thing.

I laughed all the way through.

I was supposed to laugh, wasn’t I?

Jvette on April 6, 2011 at 12:35 PM

This video is truly tragic on philosophical and sociological levels. First, demonize the male gender by placing blame for every real and imagined atrocity, then travel down an apologetical path of political correctness and new-agey-ness, all decorated with trendy buzzwords, for the sake of….what? Publicity? Promoting an agenda that would make the hypocritical NOW organization happy and feel victorious? I disagree that redefining the male role is going to solve the problems in the world.

jediwebdude on April 6, 2011 at 1:51 PM

Y’all ain’t payin’ attention if you think this is supposed to attract women. These guys are trying to score points with the “feminist” harridans they married. Trust me on this one.

What you’re looking at is the “feminist” vision of heaven – tame “men” who will feel guilty every time their partner feels it necessary to bang the gardener. While never being late with the rent, of course…

The essential message of liberal women is “Gimme your balls. Now act like a man.” Several generations of that insanity results in stuff like this video, the cast of which is easily visible on the streets of any college town in the country.

Make it go viral.

warbaby on April 6, 2011 at 2:07 PM

As opposed to laughing, this video made me want to walk up to each of those men and punch him in the face.

bugsy on April 6, 2011 at 2:09 PM

liberal progressive men.typical.whoops thru up in my mouth a little there

lees on April 6, 2011 at 2:17 PM

New Age BS…

Irenaeus on April 6, 2011 at 2:38 PM

HAR HAR HAR! WAT A BUNCHA FAGGITS!!!

eh on April 6, 2011 at 2:46 PM

Then again there’s the woman who, when we were practicing a fancy tango move, looked at me and growled “shove it in there!”

Seth Halpern on April 6, 2011 at 2:48 PM

i’m 100% certain that whenever you see some guy pining for an apocryphal time in history when men were “real men” – a time preceding the current era in which men are presumably prevented from being “real men” by the government or holywood or some other entity external and distant to them – the guy you’re looking at is a pussy and is painfully aware of the fact that it’s nobody’s fault but his own.

eh on April 6, 2011 at 2:54 PM

i am 100% certain that whenever you see a guy pining for an apocryphal era in the foggy past in which men were “allowed” to be “real men” – an era preceding the current one in which men are presumably prevented from being “real men” by external forces – they guy you’re looking at is a coward and a loser, and is painfully aware that it’s nobody’s fault but his own.

eh on April 6, 2011 at 3:02 PM

Heavy

Observation on April 6, 2011 at 3:03 PM

Now how about an apology from all the chicks
who screwed over women as well? Forth coming soon?

Observation on April 6, 2011 at 3:04 PM

neither “heavy” nor “deep”, just obvious.

eh on April 6, 2011 at 4:06 PM

I kept waiting for the “April Fool” that didn’t come. So I add it here

APRIL FOOL

StuckinliberalNY on April 6, 2011 at 4:18 PM

Johnny Fontane’s everywhere

roflmao

donabernathy on April 6, 2011 at 4:42 PM

This was gayer than Brokeback Mountain with showtunes. And pink sheep. That tapdance.

theCork on April 6, 2011 at 5:21 PM

That was a wonderful, inspiring, uplifting video.

And now you will blow me.

Coronagold on April 6, 2011 at 7:10 PM

Man cards, confiscated.

Dave in San Diego on April 6, 2011 at 7:20 PM

Wow. Talk about taking on the guilt of those who have gone before you.

I, for one, do not accept any guilt from anybody else’s actions. I only accept the guilt for my own. I never owned slaves, I never beat a woman, I didn’t oppress any women or make them wear Burkas, I didn’t kill any American Indians, etc., etc., etc. and I refuse to accept any guilt for any of the above actions which I didn’t commit.

Collective guilt is just a method by which the left loves to keep people in line: “You didn’t do this act, but you are guilty because somebody who shares your gender, race, background, income bracket or whatever did these awful things a long time before you were born, so you must do as we say in order to be able to live in this world of ours”.

The guilt is never absolved, it is only kept in abeyance by a continued willingness to kowtow to those who share the gender, race, background, income bracket or whatever of the victim(s) of the crime(s) which you did not commit.

The trick is that you must accept this guilt upon yourself. If you reject it, which is only natural and right since you didn’t commit the act(s)/crimes(s), then they have no power over you whatsoever.

I reject all forms of collective guilt and I encourage you to do the same.

Theophile on April 7, 2011 at 6:03 AM

P.S. I watched the entire video and it was purely awful.

Theophile on April 7, 2011 at 6:04 AM

“Women are a commodity. Their bought and sold every day. If I can’t through a few dollars at one and have her bucking like a ten cent kiddie horse outside a K-Mart, then she’s no damn good to me.”
Lorenzo P.

nimrod on April 7, 2011 at 10:36 AM

Great… now that I watched this video I’m forced by man law to kill something cute and cuddly. Ughh… thanks a lot Allahpundit; and I was just starting to love my rabbit.

LordJack on April 10, 2011 at 6:53 PM