Wow: Bachmann tops Romney in first quarter fundraising

posted at 5:59 pm on April 1, 2011 by Allahpundit

Actually, Ron Paul raised more than both of them, but because he did it through his nonprofit, those funds can’t be used for his presidential campaign.

I’m skeptical that she’ll be able to keep pace once wealthy donors open the floodgates for Mitt, but this is good press at a moment when she’s trying to convince people she’s a credible threat to win Iowa. And really — isn’t she? Especially with Romney already having more or less written the state off? Even if she doesn’t win, she stands an excellent chance of crippling Gingrich, Pawlenty, Barbour, and/or Palin by soaking up “true conservative” votes in a state each of them needs to have in order to launch him/her into South Carolina. She’s a giant-killer in the making. Which means, ironically, the only person happier than Bachmann about this news is … Mitt Romney. The more formidable she looks in Iowa, the less capable his opposition will be of sustaining a “long, hard slog” to the nomination.

Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann, one of the most aggressive fundraisers on Capitol Hill, collected $1.7 million for her re-election campaign during the first three months of the year, a Bachmann adviser told CNN Friday.

And since that money sits in a federal account, it can be transferred to a presidential campaign account should the Tea Party favorite officially join the race for the Republican nomination in 2012…

All told, she raised $2.2 million in the first quarter of 2011.

That total is greater than the $1.9 million raised during the same period by former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, considered the national frontrunner in the GOP presidential race.

Romney’s money was raised through his PAC so, as with Ron Paul’s haul, it’s untouchable when his campaign finally rolls out. Not a big deal, though: He’s already on the road doing grip-and-grins with rich Republicans so that he hits the ground running once he’s in. On the other hand, John McCormack notes that Bachmann’s money likely comes from direct mail, which means she may be getting constant cash infusions from her base down the road while Romney’s tapping out the big money early. I’d still rather be in his position than hers, but underestimate her at your peril.

Speaking of well-funded giant-killing candidates whom grassroots conservatives love, an improbable Rand Paul presidential run appears to be getting closer. He’ll have money to burn too, thanks to the Paulnuts, and I’m convinced that his appeal will be broader than his old man’s thanks to his visibility on budget cuts over the past two months. He’s not going to win any primaries, but he’s another person like Bachmann who can cripple the top contenders by bleeding away base votes that they need. And if nothing else, Paul will enforce discipline among the field on spending and entitlements as the primaries wear on by dragging them to the right. They won’t need much nudging — anyone who’s timid on deficits at the debates will be finished quickly — but I can imagine Paul continuing to dog Romney well into the spring and long after more credible candidates have dropped out, just to keep him honest on ObamaCare and spending. That’ll be risky insofar as it’ll pressure Mitt to tack right at a moment he’s trying to appeal to indies before the general election campaign, but it might also make Romney’s nomination more palatable to the base if it works.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Ron Paul raised over 3 million this quarter.

Ron Paul 2012

Spathi on April 1, 2011 at 6:03 PM

I’m shocked, I tell you. Shocked! There is a whole lot more to America than just the Northeast corridor. No offense.

kingsjester on April 1, 2011 at 6:04 PM

I donated to her last year (as I did a number of people) and I have been sorry ever since. 3-5 emails a week from her, some from her husband, plus late hour phone calls! No other politician I’ve donated to has operated like that. I’ve been trying to get off her list but she’s like a pitbull with a chomp on!

debg on April 1, 2011 at 6:05 PM

Stupid people never know what to do with their money. But is their money they can burn it as they wish.

Falz on April 1, 2011 at 6:05 PM

Actual phone call earlier this week:

Romney Fundraiser: Hi! I’m calling for Governor Mitt Romney, and I’d like to tell you all about his new momentum.

Me: I don’t have any money for you.

RF: Well, that’s no way to start off – we just want to keep the momentum going.

Me: I have voted for him, shaken his hand, had my picture taken with him when he attended a volunteer event, but I have no money for you.

RF: So, do you think you can send just $75?

Honest, that’s what he said.

fred5678 on April 1, 2011 at 6:05 PM

ROFL….Mitt is DOA…..hence the search for ABM…..If MB can beat Mitt in fundraising wait until Palin enters the race. Mitt will be low dog at chow time.

unseen on April 1, 2011 at 6:06 PM

Who would give a guy like Romney money at this stage?

flyfisher on April 1, 2011 at 6:06 PM

This doesn’t surprise me. Somehow I got on Bachmann’s email and phone list and she has been relentless – I’m thinking it must have begun during the Midterms. I asked to be taken off the phone list but got a robocall from her a few days ago. To say she is aggressively fund raising would be an understatement.

Buy Danish on April 1, 2011 at 6:06 PM

Who would give a guy like Romney money at this stage?

flyfisher on April 1, 2011 at 6:06 PM

I think they’re called mormons.

tetriskid on April 1, 2011 at 6:08 PM

w00t w00t

Isn’t Romney’s money supposed to be one of the big reasons we should feel ‘compelled’ to nominate him?

El_Terrible on April 1, 2011 at 6:10 PM

all but $500,000 of it can’t be touched for a POTUs race since it was raised in her PAC.

unseen on April 1, 2011 at 6:10 PM

I don’t think Bachmann can possibly win the nomination, but I welcome her on the roster because she might push the field in the right direction and ensure that the questions we all have will be asked.

slickwillie2001 on April 1, 2011 at 6:10 PM

Falz on April 1, 2011 at 6:05 PM

Don’t be so hard on Mitt. 2nd place is still a decent showing.

Kataklysmic on April 1, 2011 at 6:12 PM

Who would give a guy like Romney money at this stage?

flyfisher on April 1, 2011 at 6:06 PM

I think they’re called mormons.

tetriskid on April 1, 2011 at 6:08 PM

Well, yeah, there’s the Mormons. I also forgot about rich RINO stooges.

Oh well, it’s none of my business which toilet poeple select to flush their money.

flyfisher on April 1, 2011 at 6:12 PM

I’ve been trying to get off her list but she’s like a pitbull with a chomp on!
debg on April 1, 2011 at 6:05 PM

Exactly! I guess I must have donated something at some point, but I can’t imagine why. It’s not like I have deep pockets and donate a lot. I used to like her a lot, but not any longer. I put her in the pest category now – for fund raising and for her self-aggrandizing Tea Party antics (and position on Libya, which strikes me as being a calculated move to say “I’m not Palin”).

Buy Danish on April 1, 2011 at 6:13 PM

This PAC money can be used at educational events like….say CPAC….or Des Moines Iowa Straw Poll, which Ron Paul supporters will be attending in much larger numbers this year.

Same for Bachmann’s money.

Spathi on April 1, 2011 at 6:14 PM

I think Bachmann is great. I don’t think she can win (even the nomination), but by GOP rules of engagement, the more serious conservative voices in the primary, the better; it will help keep whoever does win a little more conservative.

ParisParamus on April 1, 2011 at 6:14 PM

Matt Dowd today lays out three circumstances that must occur for teh One to lose in 2012.

Michelle Bachmann’s nomination fulfills the only circumstance of the three that we can control.

eyesky on April 1, 2011 at 6:15 PM

Ron Paul 2012

Spathi on April 1, 2011 at 6:03 PM

It begins.

fiatboomer on April 1, 2011 at 6:15 PM

Sorry Romney, I guess progressive RINO is out of fashion.

FloatingRock on April 1, 2011 at 6:16 PM

Chris Matthews will be on a full-fledged bizzerk watch.

Rovin on April 1, 2011 at 6:17 PM

Bachmann? An impressive individual, but not a serious contender. I don’t think she runs.

entropent on April 1, 2011 at 6:17 PM

Ron Paul nets $3 million in first quarter
Spathi on April 1, 2011 at 6:07 PM

Which just goes to show there are a lot of nuts in the G.O.P.

Buy Danish on April 1, 2011 at 6:18 PM

I know he’s asked him this more than once but for starters..

Chairman Paul questioning Bernake about money lent to foreign banks

Bernanke says (at the end) “I have no plans to involve the FED in any foreign bail-outs.”

Spathi on April 1, 2011 at 6:20 PM

Who the hell is excited for Romney…?

NeoKong on April 1, 2011 at 6:20 PM

I really don’t understand the fascination with mittens.
He’s a suit, albeit and empty one as well

Kini on April 1, 2011 at 6:21 PM

I dont get Bachmann’s appeal. I dont know anyone who avoids answering questions and sticks to the most vague talking points like her. Anyway, she bombed in NH.

Her MN and IA roots will give Pawlenty and other Tea Party candidates fits.

swamp_yankee on April 1, 2011 at 6:22 PM

I like Michele Bachmann, but no one hounds you for money like she does. She was crying “wolf” last fall when she had three times the amount as her opponent.

I have contributed several times and was dumb enough to give them me cell number. They call incessantly. I told them that if they didn’t stop calling I would stop donating. They keep calling and I have stopped donating. $75 that I would have given to Bachmann went to Renee Ellmers instead.

bw222 on April 1, 2011 at 6:28 PM

You know who this helps? Oh, wait …

OhioCoastie on April 1, 2011 at 6:30 PM

There seem to be quite a few disgruntled Bachmann donors here. If there are that many of us here, I imagine we’re part of a rather large group. Maybe we can start a facebook page:)

Buy Danish on April 1, 2011 at 6:30 PM

unseen on April 1, 2011 at 6:06 PM

Could be, but Palin and MB also dilute the donors for each other, if that happens. I don’t think Mitt is going to get beat based on money.

a capella on April 1, 2011 at 6:30 PM

Buy Danish on April 1, 2011 at 6:30 PM

That aggressiveness is a two edged sword, isn’t it?

a capella on April 1, 2011 at 6:32 PM

Bachmann / West 2012 ???

mjbrooks3 on April 1, 2011 at 6:33 PM

Which just goes to show there are a lot of nuts in the G.O.P.

Buy Danish on April 1, 2011 at 6:18 PM

there not in GOP, just trying to take it over, make it nuts and assure Obama rule and then some.

CPAC showing signs they won’t let them hijack next year.

Lately, Mark Levin has been on a tear against these frauds.

jp on April 1, 2011 at 6:33 PM

Pawlenty is goign to get the nomination

jp on April 1, 2011 at 6:33 PM

I get flubs and mispoken words, but on TWO seperate occasions, she talked about New Hampshire being the home of the “shot heard around the world” and New Hampshire being the home of the battles of Lexington and Concord.

I dont think she could get 2% in NH.

swamp_yankee on April 1, 2011 at 6:36 PM

Who would give a guy like Romney money at this stage?
flyfisher on April 1, 2011 at 6:06 PM

I think they’re called mormons.

tetriskid on April 1, 2011 at 6:08 PM

Well, yeah, there’s the Mormons. I also forgot about rich RINO stooges.

flyfisher on April 1, 2011 at 6:12 PM

As a Mormon who isn’t for Mitt, I can tell you I am not alone. Of the Mormons I know, support is split evenly between Mitt and Palin. No one is for Huntsman.

Kataklysmic on April 1, 2011 at 6:37 PM

Ron Paul out raised Bachmann and Romney in non-PAC money.

Ron Paul out raised Bachmann and Romney in PAC money as well.

Spathi on April 1, 2011 at 6:37 PM

Ron Paul supporters are going to flood Iowa Straw Poll.

Be ready for it.

Spathi on April 1, 2011 at 6:39 PM

Remember what Levin said about Ron Paul backers…

mjbrooks3 on April 1, 2011 at 6:39 PM

Ron Paul supporters are going to flood Iowa Straw Poll.

Be ready for it.

Spathi on April 1, 2011 at 6:39 PM

I guess that means that Ron Paul will win a straw poll.

Does he get an ice cream cone with that?

sharrukin on April 1, 2011 at 6:42 PM

Remember what Levin said about Ron Paul backers…

mjbrooks3 on April 1, 2011 at 6:39 PM

yep, but to be fair to them they are just acting like dear leader and the rest of the tribe at Lew Rockwell’s Seseme Street.

jp on April 1, 2011 at 6:42 PM

swamp_yankee on April 1, 2011 at 6:36 PM

Aw, come on, don’t be such a nitpicker. Concord, NH – Concord, Mass – what’s the diff?

Buy Danish on April 1, 2011 at 6:42 PM

- Allahpundit

Allahpundit… slap, slap to the face, wake up!

This, along with your comments on Sarah Palin endorsing the Wisconsin judge… it’s obvious some evil Republican or Conservative knocked you out and stole your computer or iPad and is posting things you’d never write.

RJL on April 1, 2011 at 6:42 PM

Bachmann / West 2012 ???

mjbrooks3 on April 1, 2011 at 6:33 PM

Nope. West / (pick any VP here, including Palin)

Rovin on April 1, 2011 at 6:43 PM

eyesky on April 1, 2011 at 6:15 PM

But your link doesn’t say what you imply it says. Matt Dowd doesn’t name any candidate. The word “Bachmann” does not appear in Dowd’s column. You imply that he disqualified Bachmann in some way. He didn’t.

Dowd does say:

“Third, a Republican nominee has to emerge who is charismatic; is a very good communicator; is in touch with the country’s economic and social needs; and is a new brand of GOP leader whom many younger voters can connect with. Think of what it took in 1980 to defeat the Democratic incumbent—Ronald Reagan and crises galore.”

Actually, Dowd is just making it up as he goes along. Read that paragraph. Dowd is describing Obama in 2008, not any hypothetical Republican candidate for 2012.

Emperor Norton on April 1, 2011 at 6:44 PM

$75 that I would have given to Bachmann went to Renee Ellmers instead.

bw222 on April 1, 2011 at 6:28 PM

Ellmers is one of those standing strong of the freshman class. Couldn’t be prouder to hav eher as my congresswoman.

unseen on April 1, 2011 at 6:45 PM

IMO MB is playing her contributors and the Tea Party for dopes to further her own ambition. I wouldn’t be surprised if she sells them out to Mitt in return for something for herself.

Done That on April 1, 2011 at 6:46 PM

Has Rand Paul started loading up on Pork like his crazy dad, against GOP orders yet?

jp on April 1, 2011 at 6:47 PM

Ron Paul supporters are going to flood Iowa Straw Poll.

Be ready for it.

Spathi on April 1, 2011 at 6:39 PM

You and the other two?

I like Rand, but let’s face facts, the old man is nuts.

bw222 on April 1, 2011 at 6:47 PM

Romney’s support of the freedom killing mandate in his own RomenyCare bill has turned me away. I will not support that man for that reason alone.

jawkneemusic on April 1, 2011 at 6:48 PM

I think Bachman is very useful in the TEA Party and to make Chris Matthews head explode but I don’t think she will win the nomination.

CCRWM on April 1, 2011 at 6:48 PM

a capella on April 1, 2011 at 6:30 PM

I don’t think they mix very well at all. that’s like saying Newt and mitt share the same donors. Palin’s donors are totally different than MB.

Anyone that thinks MB will take away votes for PAlin doesn’t understand Palin voters. MB is more a freedom works type of Tea party person.

unseen on April 1, 2011 at 6:48 PM

Spathi,

Your posts are the perfect illustration of why I can’t stand Ron Paul: his supporters.

Keep up the spamming. You’ll convince even more people that you’re nuts.

Nessuno on April 1, 2011 at 6:48 PM

I absolutely would not mind a President Bachmann.

Speakup on April 1, 2011 at 6:49 PM

Ron Paul out raised Bachmann and Romney in non-PAC money.

Ron Paul out raised Bachmann and Romney in PAC money as well.

Spathi on April 1, 2011 at 6:37 PM

What’s your point … that even crazy people have money too?

Done That on April 1, 2011 at 6:50 PM

The next POTUS will have the last name Paul. Whether it’s the old guy or the no one is up to them to decide. Whoever joins the field WILL win though. They’re the only true conservatives in the field and they will usher in a new wave of conservative-libertarianism that will dominate the country’s politics for a long time.

Keep denying it all you want but the movement has been planning and growing since the second the big government, global interventionist, amnesty shill McCain got the nomination of the “conservative” party two summers ago.

Paul 2012

Nelsen on April 1, 2011 at 6:54 PM

you know at this point I would rather see Paul get the nomination than Mitt.

unseen on April 1, 2011 at 6:54 PM

*new one

Nelsen on April 1, 2011 at 6:54 PM

If there’s no Palin in the race I’ll damn sure vote for Bachmann!

And if she decides to make a third part I’m a part of it! I no longer place beating Obama at the top of my priorities – my priority now is to beat the GOP Ruling Class. Once that’s done – and ONLY once that’s done – are we fit to fight and save this nation!

HondaV65 on April 1, 2011 at 6:55 PM

Paul 2012

Nelsen on April 1, 2011 at 6:54 PM

The only person that can connect the two is Palin. If she is taken out I look for Paul and a Teap aprty person and Mitt to break wide open the GOp party. No one in the base likes Mitt period. He will lose in a landslide of epic porportions. Paul will also lose ina landslide. The only one that stands a chang eof beating Obama is Gov Palin.

unseen on April 1, 2011 at 6:56 PM

a capella on April 1, 2011 at 6:30 PM

Palin’s donor base is huge, intensely loyal and she’d be able to generate large sums very quickly. MB won’t hurt her, as a matter of fact, it might help Palin raise more.

You are right about Mitt, it won’t be the money, he’ll get beat based on being Mitt.

Done That on April 1, 2011 at 6:59 PM

Seriously, why would any conservative want a Romney/Pawlenty/Huckabee to get the nomination? They’re basically big government liberals no different than Obama. The only difference is when they drive the country into the ground, conservatism will get blamed.

Sarah Palin is a little better, but I don’t think she has a chance in hell of getting close to Obama. Most people just don’t like her and the media has nothing to do with it. The media didn’t like Reagan but Reagan had more competence and leadership in his big toe than Palin could ever dream of having. Reagan was simply a leader that appealed to almost everyone. Palin isn’t.

Bachmann is even worse.

Our only viable options are the Pauls right now and they would bring a huge youth demographic into our camp that would normally sit out. Ron/Rand Paul would win the 18-30 demographic against Obama and these people would be in the conservative camp the rest of their lives.

I like Herman Cain, too.

Nelsen on April 1, 2011 at 7:00 PM

you know at this point I would rather see Paul get the nomination than Mitt.
unseen on April 1, 2011 at 6:54 PM

How shocking!/

Buy Danish on April 1, 2011 at 7:00 PM

you know at this point I would rather see Paul get the nomination than Mitt.

unseen on April 1, 2011 at 6:54 PM

Which one?

El_Terrible on April 1, 2011 at 7:01 PM

Nelsen on April 1, 2011 at 7:00 PM

If past is prologue, the youts of America do not win elections. And his reputation as a nut precedes him, so for every youngster he wins he loses 3 sane adults (or something like that – I’m making up numbers but you get the point, I hope).

Buy Danish on April 1, 2011 at 7:05 PM

I like Rand, but let’s face facts, the old man is nuts.

bw222 on April 1, 2011 at 6:47 PM

Compared to the elite intellectuals that have made the richest nation in the history of the world, the biggest debtor nation in the history of the world… I’ll gladly take Ron Paul.

RJL on April 1, 2011 at 7:05 PM

Ron Paul would make a good Secretary of the Treasury, especially if he pledges to help abolish the Fed.

That’s the renegade Fed which, as reported today by Bloomberg, lent most of the money to foreign banks:

Foreign Banks Tapped Fed’s Secret Lifeline Most at Crisis Peak

and, even worse, accepted some collateral which had already defaulted from US banks in exchange for Fed loans:

How The Fed Gave Goldman Millions In Exchange For Defaulted Bond Collateral

This is not really central banking. This borders on being a criminal enterprise.

Emperor Norton on April 1, 2011 at 7:07 PM

Nelsen on April 1, 2011 at 7:00 PM

The 18-30 demographic doesn’t vote. I am all for ending the Fed, but Ron Paul is unelectable, and Rand is not ready.

entropent on April 1, 2011 at 7:09 PM

Which one?

El_Terrible on April 1, 2011 at 7:01 PM

Rand

unseen on April 1, 2011 at 7:09 PM

How shocking!/

Buy Danish on April 1, 2011 at 7:00 PM

face facts. Mitt is imploding in the polls, he can’t raise money, he will be forced to once again open up his checkbook to self fund his campaign. his lastest op-ed about Jobs came a day before a good umemployment number. mitt is always a day late and a dollar short. Mitt will be lucky to finish third this time around. He is in a word a LOSER.

there is not one Issue that Mitt can run on that Obama can not match him or turn the tables on him. Not one.

unseen on April 1, 2011 at 7:12 PM

Ron Paul supporters are going to flood Iowa Straw Poll.

Be ready for it.

Spathi on April 1, 2011 at 6:39 PM

Setting crazy aside a second, You do realize he is like 77 years old, and he’ll be pushing 80 in two years, Right? Get serious.

Done That on April 1, 2011 at 7:13 PM

Emperor Norton on April 1, 2011 at 7:07 PM

As spooky dude says the ship as already sailed. what the fed did was usher in a one world shadow government/banking system.

i have to laugh because when the USa is on the ropes not one of these countries will lift a finger to help us. Not one. the fed is that capitalist that seels the hangman the rope by which he is hung…

unseen on April 1, 2011 at 7:14 PM

No Ron Paul is going to win Iowa Straw poll.

I like Rand a lot too, but I want Ron to run.

Spathi on April 1, 2011 at 7:15 PM

Rand does a good job of gumming up the senate though.

The less they are in session, the less damage they do.

Spathi on April 1, 2011 at 7:17 PM

Who would give a guy like Romney money at this stage?

flyfisher on April 1, 2011 at 6:06 PM

The only Romney donor I can think of is Romney.

Done That on April 1, 2011 at 7:17 PM

Ron Paul is dopey. The only good he did is get young kids into the fold, most of whom will, in time, mature into steady conservatives.

swamp_yankee on April 1, 2011 at 7:18 PM

No Ron Paul is going to win Iowa Straw poll.

I like Rand a lot too, but I want Ron to run.

Spathi on April 1, 2011 at 7:15 PM

At his age, he’s lucky he can walk.

Done That on April 1, 2011 at 7:20 PM

Pawlenty is goign to get the nomination

jp on April 1, 2011 at 6:33 PM

Let’s see, the Bushs, Bob Dole, John McCain… Yeah, nominating another “moderate” with a decade long love affair with Cap & Trade and global warming is just about perfect for Republicans.

RJL on April 1, 2011 at 7:21 PM

his lastest op-ed about Jobs came a day before a good umemployment number…

unseen on April 1, 2011 at 7:12 PM

Really? A “good unemployment number”? 8.8%? You are parroting Obama’s spin. If the Republicans don’t hammer on jobs Obama deserves to win.

entropent on April 1, 2011 at 7:21 PM

Sure is some lame whining going on about Bachmann. She’s raising funds too aggressively? The people with their pet candidates have already figured out that their candidate will not stand up too well against her.

Buddahpundit on April 1, 2011 at 7:23 PM

unseen on April 1, 2011 at 6:56 PM

I would pull the lever for Obama with a big fat smile on my face if the GOP nominates Mittens.

HondaV65 on April 1, 2011 at 7:26 PM

unseen on April 1, 2011 at 6:56 PM

HondaV65 on April 1, 2011 at 7:26 PM

Then you are neither a Republican, Conservative or Patriot.

swamp_yankee on April 1, 2011 at 7:31 PM

unseen on April 1, 2011 at 7:12 PM

Blah blah blah. I bet you’re champing at the bit to find an opening to slip in that $12 billion talking point you mention at every opportunity, no matter how irrelevant it is to the topic at hand. Let me help you out!: Mitt has only raised a few million, but Palin left Alaska with a $12 billion surplus! You’re welcome.

The only Romney donor I can think of is Romney.
Done That on April 1, 2011 at 7:17 PM

Fortunately we aren’t relying on your ability to think to provide facts, information, or impressive political commentary.

Buy Danish on April 1, 2011 at 7:33 PM

entropent on April 1, 2011 at 7:21 PM

Look say what you want but the number was “good” compared to the last 2 years. Yes Obama is hiding number sand mixing up data. yes it is worse than what is being reported but the number was much better than others. Of course $4.00/gal gas will destory it in the next couple of months buty right now it was “good”. Mitt decided to release his op-ed the day before a “good” number comes uot. Which the peopel rightly see of Mitt not kowing what the hell he is talking about.

Mitt got nothing to run against Obama against but jobs. If the job market picks up Mitt is toast. And the job issue isn’t even a good issue for Mitt to run against Obama on sinc ehis state was 47th in job creation while he was gov.

Mitt has nothing to run on. He will simply mouth conservative talking points and when called on them he will retreat just like McCain. Mitt raised fees and increased spending in MA so he can’t call Obama a tax and spend liberal. Obama will simply say you are too. Mitt didn’t produce jobs while gov. So Obama will simply use that against him. the mandate the same. Mitt has no social conservativ eissue he can run against Obama on. Mitt can not use Reaganism due to his history of being gov so Obama will tie him toBush and his failed policies. Obama will show “improvement” in the economy and say it takes time………

Mitt is DOA he has not platform, no core beliefs, no reason for running and no attack lines against Obama. Mitt is seeing his highest numbers he will ever see in the polls at this time due to his positive/no proess over the last two years. And he STILL CAN NOT BEAT OBAMA IN THOSE POSITIVE POLLS.

Mitt is a LOSER. Anyone that “thinks” he can win wouldn’t know a thought if it hit them upside the head.

unseen on April 1, 2011 at 7:38 PM

Buddahpundit on April 1, 2011 at 7:23 PM

Who knows, she could have been my “pet candidate” but she’s in the doghouse right now and I’m not letting her back in. I loved her personal and political bio, and thought she was much more articulate than Palin. But I don’t like being harassed. How “lame” of me. If it comes down to her and Barry she’ll get my vote. I don’t hold a grudge like some people here…

Buy Danish on April 1, 2011 at 7:40 PM

Buy Danish on April 1, 2011 at 7:33 PM

thanks. did you also know she cut spending during boom times of 9.5% and cut earmarks by 86% and created jobs in her state? Unlike Mitt on all 4 accounts.

$12 billion surplus…..amazing I know I still can’t believe it! a $12 freaking billion surplus. Outstanding. Mitt I think left his state in debt didn’t he?

unseen on April 1, 2011 at 7:48 PM

Then you are neither a Republican, Conservative or Patriot.

swamp_yankee on April 1, 2011 at 7:31 PM

Since you would vote for Mitt neither are you. Mitt is a liberal.

unseen on April 1, 2011 at 7:49 PM

unseen on April 1, 2011 at 7:38 PM

We get it. You’re for Palin. I’ll just take one of your dishonest (illegible) talking points before I say “later” as I have to run:

Word:

While Massachusetts was 50th, or nearly the worst in the nation in the increase in unemployment rates the year that just ended when he took office, he got it down to 38th place his first year in office. [14] The unemployment rate continued to rapidly drop for nearly two years, hit a plateau for about a year and a half, then started dropping again at the end of his term of office (see chart below). The year he left office (2007), the trend in Massachusetts’ unemployment rate was the 11th best in the nation [15], a big improvement from the 50th place it was in the year he won office.

*****

unseen on April 1, 2011 at 7:48 PM

Yes, and that surplus was because of oil revenue/taxes on oil. Does Massachusetts have any drillin’ goin’ on? I left a link for you at the headlines earlier.

Gots to go….

Buy Danish on April 1, 2011 at 7:53 PM

all of this will seem silly the second Saracuda jumps in, she will start a firestorm and melt all of your rino faces off! mwahahahahahaha

maineconservative on April 1, 2011 at 7:54 PM

One more thing before I go. Lest anyone doubt that I did like Bachmann at one point, you can put those doubts to rest.

Buy Danish on April 1, 2011 at 7:57 PM

All things considered, could she be possibly worse than what we currently have?

M-14 2go on April 1, 2011 at 7:57 PM

I won’t vote for Mitt either but I share as hell would never pull the lever for Obama. If Romney/Hucakbee/Pawlenty somehow gets the nomination – there will be be a third party tea party or libertarian candidate that will draw 20-25% of the vote in the general.

Nelsen on April 1, 2011 at 8:01 PM

BTW does anyone else see Buchannan and get kind of excited for a second until you realize that you’re reading Bachmann.

Nelsen on April 1, 2011 at 8:02 PM

Buddahpundit on April 1, 2011 at 7:23 PM

Just what I was thinking. She gets my Catholic vote over Mitt, Huck & Paul.

redridinghood on April 1, 2011 at 8:05 PM

And since there’s no way Bachmann will win the nomination, she’s crowning Romney? Hope not. Maybe T-Paw can still pull out a win…if primary voters realize he’s got the best chance of beating Obama.

itsnotaboutme on April 1, 2011 at 8:07 PM

Gots to go….

Buy Danish on April 1, 2011 at 7:53 PM

Well if Mitt was man enough he could have pushed for offshore windmills to drive rev. And what is your point? She had a $12 billion surplus and STIL CUT spending. You think that surplus just magically happens? We all know politicans will spend the money as qucik as it comes in. I have yet to se ebesides Palin a politican that did not do so. I’m sure of gov aplin tried she could have found someway to spend all tha money like most politicans…….

I love how the ABP people downgrade Palin’s accomplishments. Accomplishments that their candidate couldn’t do if their life depended on it.

Mitt couldn’t even leave a balnaced budget let alone a surplus.

unseen on April 1, 2011 at 8:07 PM