Quotes of the day

posted at 10:50 pm on April 1, 2011 by Allahpundit

“Tim Pawlenty is making a list of potential running mates.

“Asked for his top five vice presidential picks, Pawlenty didn’t hesitate in naming Florida Sen. Marco Rubio, New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, Ohio Gov. John Kasich, Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval and New Mexico Gov. Susana Martinez.”

***
“It’s difficult at this point to try to determine who has the best chance to be the Republican candidate in the 2012 election. Still, it’s fair to say that Tim Pawlenty could pursue a potentially successful ‘Goldilocks Strategy’ for the nomination

“[I]t would be very difficult to win merely by mobilizing the ‘very conservative’ party base. Mathematically speaking, it is possible, but in practice multiple candidates tend to be in competition for that bloc, which means the ultimate winner will probably have to string together a voting coalition that samples from the more moderate factions. There are, of course, many ways to skin this cat — and George W. Bush’s coalition in 2000 was more conservative than McCain’s in 2008 — but the point is that, whichever mix you put together, Pawlenty, or any other candidate, will need some kind of mix. And it would be very difficult to win the nomination without getting at least 15 percent of either the ‘very conservative’ or the ‘moderate’ faction.

“In other words, candidates who can pursue a ‘Goldilocks strategy’ can be favored — those who come across as not too conservative or too moderate, but fall somewhere in between. And on this front, Pawlenty might be able to carve out a real niche for himself.”

***
“Over the course of the last five months PPP has polled Republican voters in 16 different states that had primaries or caucuses while Romney was still in the race for President in 2008. Comparing the support Romney received then to the support he has now does not present a pretty picture for his chances at winning the nomination. On average he is doing 14 points worse than he did in his first campaign. These numbers suggest that little of the support he received in 2008 was ‘hard’ and that with a different field of candidates he could have difficulty getting the same people who voted for him the first time around to do it again…

“I don’t know whether these declining numbers for Romney are because voters have actually turned against him over the last three years or because he was more of a default choice they weren’t terribly enthused about in the first place, but they certainly show he hasn’t been making a whole lot of new friends since his last bid.”

***
“I see three [factors], and all have to be in place and reinforce each other for Obama to lose. First, the economy in 2012 has to be either stagnant or in decline in the 10 or so key electoral states (especially the ones in the Midwest) as he heads into the election. This would mean that the economy is creating very few net jobs in 2012 and that prices (including food and gas) are still rising.

“Second, no new major international crisis arises that causes people to rally behind Obama because of his competent handling of it. And I emphasize the words ‘new,’ ‘major,’ and ‘competent.’ Afghanistan and Iraq devolving again into a problem will not help Obama, and actually may hurt him because our country has basically moved on from the situation in both places.

“Third, a Republican nominee has to emerge who is charismatic; is a very good communicator; is in touch with the country’s economic and social needs; and is a new brand of GOP leader whom many younger voters can connect with. Think of what it took in 1980 to defeat the Democratic incumbent—Ronald Reagan and crises galore.”

***
“‘I think what the younger voters have figured out is that this is a broken relationship. He made soaring promises and grand expectations. He’s broken those promises,’ [Pawlenty] told the crowd of students. ‘If this was a Lady Gaga song, the relationship between the youth vote and Barack Obama would be ‘Bad Romance.”

“Pawlenty, Minnesota’s most recent former governor and a potential future presidential hopeful, said the news of the day has been dominated by the tragedy in Japan, issues in the Middle East, and Charlie Sheen.

“‘We may not in this room have tiger blood like he does,’ Pawlenty said, referring to the television actor, ‘but we’ve got something else in common with him. There’s going to be a lot of winning on the Republican side in 2012.’”

***
“Pawlenty is viewed by many GOP Insiders as the 2012 contender with the least political baggage who has positioned himself as a candidate with the broadest appeal to the party conservative base from tea party supporters to values voters. ‘Increasingly the choice by process-of-elimination,’ noted one Republican Insider. ‘His strategy is to be the least offensive of the ugly girls still standing at the bar at 2 a.m.,’ joked another GOP Insider.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Uh oh.

a capella on April 1, 2011 at 10:54 PM

Rubio was he “establishment’s anti-establishment candidate.” He remins me of the movie Stepford’s Wive’s movie in the primary.

Michele Bachmann Apologizes, Promises to Fight Patriot Act at Tea Party Event

Spathi on April 1, 2011 at 10:55 PM

But we need the tiger blood.

AshleyTKing on April 1, 2011 at 10:55 PM

Uh oh.

a capella on April 1, 2011 at 10:54 PM

Leave my guy alone!
*wink*

annoyinglittletwerp on April 1, 2011 at 10:56 PM

“Tim Pawlenty is making a list of potential running mates.

Jumping the gun just a wee bit, Timmy?

Knucklehead on April 1, 2011 at 10:56 PM

But we need the tiger blood.

LOL

Spathi on April 1, 2011 at 10:57 PM

Michele Bachmann Apologizes, Promises to Fight Patriot Act at Tea Party Event

Spathi on April 1, 2011 at 10:55 PM

That’s a shame.
The Patriot Act has some good things in it.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 1, 2011 at 10:57 PM

Jumping the gun just a wee bit, Timmy?

Knucklehead on April 1, 2011 at 10:56 PM

Timmy?

annoyinglittletwerp on April 1, 2011 at 10:58 PM

Pawlenty will be lucky to get an evening speaking slot at teh convention.

SouthernGent on April 1, 2011 at 11:00 PM

“Tim Pawlenty is….

*********************** DOA *******************************

canopfor on April 1, 2011 at 11:05 PM

Knucklehead on April 1, 2011 at 10:56 PM

Welcome back! How was the trip?

d1carter on April 1, 2011 at 11:05 PM

Herman Cain

Everyone is talking about him now. I had house guests for dinner, non-political people who began talking amongst themselves about Herman Cain.

It’s good to know that average americans have brains that they use on a daily basis.

Right, MSM? Right GOP? Right blogs? The longer you supress this candidate the more ground you’ll lose in terms of credibility.

Key West Reader on April 1, 2011 at 11:06 PM

Rubio seems like a nice guy but it was foolish for him to jump headfirst into the Libya pool without first determining our allies and interests. Rubio exercised poor judgment, IMO, and a governorship is a more appropriate path for him to higher office.

Seeing Rubio at the top of Pawlenty’s list increases my apprehension about Pawlenty.

FloatingRock on April 1, 2011 at 11:08 PM

Michele Bachmann Apologizes, Promises to Fight Patriot Act at Tea Party Event

Spathi on April 1, 2011 at 10:55 PM

That’s a shame.
The Patriot Act has some good things in it.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 1, 2011 at 10:57 PM

The bad far, far outweighs the good. The USA PATRIOT Act should be repealed and replaced by an act that properly balances the needs of national security with the far more fundamental need for the government to obey the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

That being said, that article is an April Fool’s joke. Though I must say, my respect for Rep. Bachmann would have increased enormously if it weren’t.

Inkblots on April 1, 2011 at 11:09 PM

Jumping the gun just a wee bit, Timmy?

Knucklehead on April 1, 2011 at 10:56 PM

He’s trying too hard. If he keep this up, his one night stand could be Guam.

Dusty on April 1, 2011 at 11:09 PM

He’s trying too hard. If he keep this up, his one night stand could be Guam.

Dusty on April 1, 2011 at 11:09 PM

Which would then tip over.

Inkblots on April 1, 2011 at 11:10 PM

It’s as if the Establishment and the Democratic Media can’t help but pimp every dead-a$$ Zombie whom the Beltway decides we need to rule over us.

Jeebus.

victor82 on April 1, 2011 at 11:11 PM

Knucklehead on April 1, 2011 at 10:56 PM

OT: We leave next Friday and I’m working as a judge on Tuesday but maybe we can meet for coffee or somethin’ before then?

annoyinglittletwerp on April 1, 2011 at 11:11 PM

Jeebus.

victor82 on April 1, 2011 at 11:11 PM

Jimmy Buffett knows why ;)

Inkblots on April 1, 2011 at 11:12 PM

Key West Reader on April 1, 2011 at 11:06 PM

I could certainly vote for Cain.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 1, 2011 at 11:13 PM

Welcome back! How was the trip?

d1carter on April 1, 2011 at 11:05 PM

Hot, and I’m not talking about the weather either. Lot’s of rough sea’s which made it all the better……………

Knucklehead on April 1, 2011 at 11:15 PM

I did a quick search and it appears that Pawlenty wanted to jump into Libya sooner, obviously without knowing who our allies are or what are interests were. I’m not looking for a candidate that will jump blindly into every progressive war without knowing the facts first.

Pawlenty is disqualified, IMO. Sorry, Ed.

FloatingRock on April 1, 2011 at 11:17 PM

Speak conservative boldly the majority will respond positively.

Conservatism hasn’t failed the perversion of it has.

Speakup on April 1, 2011 at 11:19 PM

Waiting for Pence to change his mind.

El_Terrible on April 1, 2011 at 11:21 PM

Pawlenty is disqualified, IMO. Sorry, Ed.

FloatingRock on April 1, 2011 at 11:17 PM

Ain’t gonna get fooled again…

Inkblots on April 1, 2011 at 11:21 PM

Immigration reduction advocate likes Tim Pawlenty

Mark1971 on April 1, 2011 at 11:21 PM

Waiting for Pence to change his mind.

El_Terrible on April 1, 2011 at 11:21 PM

Ditto w/Jindal.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 1, 2011 at 11:24 PM

Some of the talking heads of FNC that keep fawning over the “Arab Spring” or whatever need to get their heads on straight. This is no time to go traipsing off through the magical forest.

FloatingRock on April 1, 2011 at 11:25 PM

Pawlenty is biding his time to swoop in as McCain did.

Valiant on April 1, 2011 at 11:30 PM

IMHO, the last thing that we need is some milquetoast candidate. We need an “in your face” to counter the faux blck presidunce puppy dog unicorn riding failure that was foisted upon us by the MSM.

Let a viable candidate come forward. That candidate is Herman Cain.

Key West Reader on April 1, 2011 at 11:30 PM

Pawlenty is biding his time to swoop in as McCain did.

Valiant on April 1, 2011 at 11:30 PM

Yay.

/golf clap

Key West Reader on April 1, 2011 at 11:31 PM

Over the course of the last five months PPPDKOS has polled Republican voters in 16 different states…

kevinkristy on April 1, 2011 at 11:32 PM

FloatingRock on April 1, 2011 at 11:25 PM

John McCain and Hosni Mubarak agree.

/Hosni got the money, McCain gotsda wheeze.

Key West Reader on April 1, 2011 at 11:33 PM

Guess principles and a track record upholding Conservative values don’t really matter…he’s charismatic…let’s vote for him!!!

Here we go. Again.

coldwarrior on April 1, 2011 at 11:35 PM

Key West Reader on April 1, 2011 at 11:06 PM

I just came back from a 2 week cruise to Hawaii. Everyone, and I mean every American on that ship was talking about Herman Cain.

I was shocked but pleased with what I was hearing.

Knucklehead on April 1, 2011 at 11:36 PM

I kind of like Pawlenty. Given what we’ve endured with two years of RainbowUnicornHopeandChange, boring but competent is actually a feature, not a bug.

Slublog on April 1, 2011 at 11:36 PM

Let a viable candidate come forward. That candidate is Herman Cain.

Key West Reader on April 1, 2011 at 11:30 PM

I think Cain is dunzo. He said he wouldn’t appoint any Muslims if he became Prez. He should have said he wouldn’t have a religious litmus test, but he stepped in it.

El_Terrible on April 1, 2011 at 11:37 PM

only thing Timmy has going for him is he isn’t Mitt.

unseen on April 1, 2011 at 11:43 PM

He needs to promote Michael Bey from directing his ads to being his running mate.

T-PAW/BEY 2012 b!tches!!!

abobo on April 1, 2011 at 11:46 PM

only thing Timmy has going for him is he isn’t Mitt.

unseen on April 1, 2011 at 11:43 PM

…or Chuckabee.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 1, 2011 at 11:46 PM

So so far the only person running is Timmy cain and MB. there is a joke in there somewhere.

I really can’t see Mitt running. what does he bring to the table? Healthcare reform? having the 47th worse job creation record? leaving his state in debt? Raising fees by $500 million? underfunding pensions? I mean really what would be Romney’s platform? What does he bring to the table?

vote for me I’m not Obama?

Timmy is a little better than Mitt but what is his record? I can never stay awake long enough to hear it.

MB? seiriously does anyone think she is quailified? and if you do who in your mind is not quailified? She makes Obama appear like he is a sage.

Newt? he of 6 wives and 17,000 interns?

somewhere Obama is laughing his as8 off.

unseen on April 1, 2011 at 11:49 PM

Knucklehead on April 1, 2011 at 11:15 PM

HA…

Gohawgs on April 1, 2011 at 11:51 PM

Key West Reader on April 1, 2011 at 11:06 PM

The two names I hear most often among people who aren’t heavily invested in politics are Herman Cain and Allen West.

If I mention T-Paw, the universal response is: “huh? Who?”

My sentiments exactly.

Don’t quit your day job, Ed. Pawlenty is a train that has no tracks to run on, not to mention no steam in the boilers.

MrScribbler on April 1, 2011 at 11:51 PM

…or Chuckabee.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 1, 2011 at 11:46 PM

Well there is that. Which might be good enough to get him the nomination. the lesser of two evils has been known to work I’ll give you that. But then what? can he raise $1 billion to compete with Obama? will he be able to rally people to him? I don’t know. he has a better shot than Mitt, huck and Newt but I think if he gets the nomination the GOP will sleep through the election.

unseen on April 1, 2011 at 11:51 PM

Get back to me after the debates. I sort of know ahead who does well on camera, who’s going to “step in it” and step themselves out (as El_ said, we’ve had a sneak preview), and who’s going to pander with his wet finger in the air.
Who knows, with Herman Cain, Sarah Palin may look like “Goldilocks”. She certainly hasn’t fallen for singling out a religion and getting the “bigot” label already.

Marcus on April 1, 2011 at 11:52 PM

West has said he’s not running for prez in 2012.

G M on April 1, 2011 at 11:54 PM

timmy would never pick a VP candidate that would upstage him like McCain did. So that leaves Buddy romer as his only choice. Welll maybe orin hatch

unseen on April 1, 2011 at 11:55 PM

West has said he’s not running for prez in 2012.

G M on April 1, 2011 at 11:54 PM

West’s votes on the spending cuts disappointed me. Only a 74% rate on the spending cuts put forward. I want him to explain the diconnect between his speeches and his voting record.

unseen on April 1, 2011 at 11:56 PM

El_Terrible on April 1, 2011 at 11:37 PM

He said he would not appoint any Muslim who held Islam or Sharia above the Constitution. Seems like common sense to me.

BL@KBIRD on April 1, 2011 at 11:59 PM

Marcus on April 1, 2011 at 11:52 PM

Debates are entertaining but they’re all about the words. How they react to and deal with events is far more revealing. On Libya I think that several potential candidates just sank themselves, including Pawlenty and Rubio.

Rand Paul and any other candidates that were more circumspect about Libya, take note be sure to point out your superior foreign policy credentials during any and all debates.

FloatingRock on April 1, 2011 at 11:59 PM

FloatingRock on April 1, 2011 at 11:59 PM

I remember “Raise your hand if you think global warming is man caused” and who’s hand shot up immediately and who looked around and then raised their hand and who looked straight ahead. I think debates are helpful.

Marcus on April 2, 2011 at 12:04 AM

LOL, unfortunately we got stuck with the guy who’s hand went up immediately.

Marcus on April 2, 2011 at 12:05 AM

Oh god. Please no Charlie Sheen references in this election cycle. Sheen was amusing for a week, and then you realize he really is a whacked out cokehead who blew a million dollar salary over hookers and blow.

Not exactly the kind of “celebrity” a candidate should compare his campaign to.

Sigh.

I hate it when politicians try to be “hip”.

ace tomato on April 2, 2011 at 12:06 AM

I think debates are helpful.

Marcus on April 2, 2011 at 12:04 AM

For sure.

FloatingRock on April 2, 2011 at 12:10 AM

unseen on April 1, 2011 at 11:49 PM

With all the references to “Drill, Baby, Drill”, I honestly think Obama is afraid of Palin. She’s living rent free in the media, and the administration’s heads. I would love to see her pick General Petraeus for veep which would just finish them off.

mike_NC9 on April 2, 2011 at 12:12 AM

I think both are true: I only voted for Romney in my state’s primary because my favorite candidate had just dropped out (Fred!) and I didn’t want McShamnesty to win. But, Romney hasn’t done anything to garner new support and, for me personally, he completely lost me when he came out agaisnt the FL pastor’s rights last year (along with Palin).

As for these quotes from Pawlenty with all the pop-culture references, barf! I don’t want a POTUS who puts Lady Gaga in his speech in any way, shape, or form. I think we’ve had enough “hip” in the WH, what with O and all his celeb pals.

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on April 2, 2011 at 12:12 AM

Key West Reader on April 1, 2011 at 11:30 PM

Cain and Trump are certainly “in your face”. Yes, we need someone who can go toe to toe with the Dems.

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on April 2, 2011 at 12:16 AM

Aslans Girl on April 2, 2011 at 12:12 AM

Could you please refresh my memory?

FloatingRock on April 2, 2011 at 12:16 AM

El_Terrible on April 1, 2011 at 11:37 PM

And that makes me like him more! You forget that Islam is not a “religion”, it’s a political-death-cult-take-over-the-world ideaology.

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on April 2, 2011 at 12:18 AM

Could you please refresh my memory?

FloatingRock on April 2, 2011 at 12:16 AM

I think she’s referring to Jones-the one who recently burned a koran.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 2, 2011 at 12:21 AM

mike_NC9 on April 2, 2011 at 12:12 AM

the energy issue is a big one. Only Gov Palin can bring it to the table and be believed that she will open things up. A vp pick of Petraeus? I have thought of it over the months. Just not sure about it becaus eI really have no idea what his politcs are. We could get a Powell liberal just not enough information to be sure.

The attacks on everything she does tells me the Dems for whatever reason are worried about Gov Palin still. We don’t see many attacks on timmy so that tells me the DNC doesn’t see him as a threat at all.

unseen on April 2, 2011 at 12:28 AM

Good thing islam is a religion of peace. Imagine how many would have been killed if it were not.

The vast majority of peaceful muslims are outraged at this violence and will put a stop to this as soon as they finish painting eggs for the easter bunny.

G M on April 2, 2011 at 12:30 AM

FloatingRock on April 2, 2011 at 12:16 AM

Back in August/Septmeber when the FL first made the news, Romney said that any soldiers’ death would be his fault (i.e. he put a blood libel on the guy) the same day Palin came out and said the pastor wasn’t a Christian… looking up the HA link right now…

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on April 2, 2011 at 12:30 AM

El_Terrible on April 1, 2011 at 11:37 PM

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on April 2, 2011 at 12:18 AM

You keep saying that. I’m sure a person who dislikes all Jews would “like him even more!” if he said he wouldn’t appoint a Jew to his cabinet. It was an idiotic statement that would ruin his chances to run for even Mayor of any major city.

Marcus on April 2, 2011 at 12:30 AM

Think this former Minn gov needs to up his meds….

Former Minnesota Gov. Jesse Ventura says Sarah Palin will be the GOP nominee for president in 2012, and she’ll “be controlled by the status quo.”

Appearing on CNN’s “Piers Morgan Tonight” Monday at 9 p.m. EST, the one-term Reform Party governor said that former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin is being groomed for the role, though he doesn’t care who the presidential nominees are for either party.

Now the same people that voted in this fruitcake voted for Timmy. Any questions?

unseen on April 2, 2011 at 12:31 AM

Knucklehead on April 1, 2011 at 11:15 PM

Heh, no need to leave the room…

d1carter on April 2, 2011 at 12:35 AM

Ron Paul out raised Romney and Bachmann because he outworks them. 5-10 interviews a day and normally a rally somewhere as well.

They can’t keep up with the 76 year old.

Spathi on April 2, 2011 at 12:35 AM

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on April 2, 2011 at 12:30 AM

That is just a boldface lie.

unseen on April 2, 2011 at 12:37 AM

unseen on April 2, 2011 at 12:31 AM

T-Paw is NOTHING like Jesse ‘the 9/11 truther’ Ventura.
I have some lefty cousins by marriage that LOVE Ventura and LOATHE T-Paw.
’nuff said.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 2, 2011 at 12:37 AM

the same day Palin came out and said the pastor wasn’t a Christian…
-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on April 2, 2011 at 12:30 AM

I have no idea why you felt it was necassary to lie about what Gov Palin stated back in sept. but her are her exact words:

Update: Book burning is bad. But the Muslim cleric who is running for parliament in Afghanistan is calling for the murder of American children in response to scorched Korans, which is worse. Where is the media’s focus?

Book burning is antithetical to American ideals. People have a constitutional right to burn a Koran if they want to, but doing so is insensitive and an unnecessary provocation – much like building a mosque at Ground Zero.

I would hope that Pastor Terry Jones and his supporters will consider the ramifications of their planned book-burning event. It will feed the fire of caustic rhetoric and appear as nothing more than mean-spirited religious intolerance. Don’t feed that fire. If your ultimate point is to prove that the Christian teachings of mercy, justice, freedom, and equality provide the foundation on which our country stands, then your tactic to prove this point is totally counter-productive.

Our nation was founded in part by those fleeing religious persecution. Freedom of religion is integral to our charters of liberty. We don’t need to agree with each other on theological matters, but tolerating each other without unnecessarily provoking strife is how we ensure a civil society. In this as in all things, we should remember the Golden Rule. Isn’t that what the Ground Zero mosque debate has been about?

- Sarah Palin

unseen on April 2, 2011 at 12:39 AM

FloatingRock, here ya go:

What made it worse was a day later Obama said the same thing (never good to agree with POTUS)

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on April 2, 2011 at 12:39 AM

I have some lefty cousins by marriage that LOVE Ventura and LOATHE T-Paw.
’nuff said.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 2, 2011 at 12:37 AM

The fact remains like Mitt/Patrick in MA, Minn voted in Jessy/Timmy

It calls into question their ability to make rational decisions.

unseen on April 2, 2011 at 12:41 AM

unseen on April 2, 2011 at 12:39 AM

Though I support the ‘boring one’-I think Palin’s a class act who really loves this nation…so I agree with you on this.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 2, 2011 at 12:43 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on April 2, 2011 at 12:43 AM

hey boring might be the winning formula in 2012 and like I said he is better than Mitt, Newt and huck….I just think he will get clobbered in 2012…..and you know I’m joking about the jessy think right?:)

unseen on April 2, 2011 at 12:46 AM

The fact remains like Mitt/Patrick in MA, Minn voted in Jessy/Timmy

It calls into question their ability to make rational decisions.

unseen on April 2, 2011 at 12:41 AM

since i’m still an ILL-annoyz-an for another week….and considering that in November the state reelected a guy who ran on promising to RAISE the state income tax…I don’t think i’ve any room to speak about ‘rational decisions’.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 2, 2011 at 12:46 AM

unseen on April 2, 2011 at 12:46 AM

I know.
I do think that Jesse probably looks better in a feather boa than T-Paw.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 2, 2011 at 12:48 AM

You know what I think is a far bigger priority over Libya, right now at this moment? Afghanistan. The imams of three mosques incited their congregants to murder a bunch of UN people. What are we going to do about that? Are the mosques still there? Has there been any news?

FloatingRock on April 2, 2011 at 12:49 AM

Are the Imams at Gitmo yet?

FloatingRock on April 2, 2011 at 12:50 AM

Oh and BTW Gov Palin was the only national politican to denounce Islam’s actions as well as the pastors to this day. And she was the only one with enough knowledge and smarts to tie the koran buring with the GZM construction. She called out both wrongs and equated both wrongs.

she was a uniter her in a common purpose to deflame the issue without placing blame on only one side. that my friends is also called being a diplomat.

unseen on April 2, 2011 at 12:50 AM

ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz

Norwegian on April 2, 2011 at 12:52 AM

How is the investigation going in Egypt about the rape of that reporter? Has anybody been brought to justice yet?

FloatingRock on April 2, 2011 at 12:53 AM

FloatingRock on April 2, 2011 at 12:49 AM

seems to me that it is a UN problem. Maybe their new world order open society feel good policy can come up to a response to brutal killings. I’m not holding my breath.

unseen on April 2, 2011 at 12:53 AM

FloatingRock on April 2, 2011 at 12:53 AM

Well you see she was a “jew” or at least the pigs thought she was one…so as far as the UN is concerned no harm no foul….

unseen on April 2, 2011 at 12:54 AM

FloatingRock on April 2, 2011 at 12:49 AM

Zero’s going to do a shout-out and then call it an ‘isolated incident’.
///

annoyinglittletwerp on April 2, 2011 at 12:56 AM

You know I’m with Beck on this one. the athiests like Soros think they can use Islam to tear down the West. But they did not learn the 1979 lesson the Imam’s taught to the communists.

Islam will destory Soros and everything he has tried to create within months once they can control.

unseen on April 2, 2011 at 12:57 AM

Zero’s going to do a shout-out and then call it an ‘isolated incident’.
///

annoyinglittletwerp on April 2, 2011 at 12:56 AM

he will not even mention it.

unseen on April 2, 2011 at 12:58 AM

unseen on April 2, 2011 at 12:53 AM

Good point.

FloatingRock on April 2, 2011 at 12:58 AM

well that’s a night guys and gals. have fun.

unseen on April 2, 2011 at 1:00 AM

unseen, you’re right; she didn’t outright say the guy wasn’t a Christian, but she did say that his “tactic” was “counter-productive” to “Christian teachings of mercy, justice, freedom, and equality”, which, to me, was questioning his faith. By stating that “book burning is anti-thetical to American ideals” I also got the impression she was calling him un-American. And this quote:

was a moral equivalence between the GZM Muslims and a Christian in FL, not to mention the whole quote looked pretty lily-livered for a person who claims others have no “cajones”.

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on April 2, 2011 at 1:05 AM

I think Tim Pawlenty would be a fine Vice Presidential candidate for either Christie or Rubio.

docob on April 2, 2011 at 1:31 AM

docob on April 2, 2011 at 1:31 AM

…or Palin-and that’s from a T-Paw supporter.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 2, 2011 at 1:42 AM

docob on April 2, 2011 at 1:31 AM

So you’re gung ho on Libya then?

FloatingRock on April 2, 2011 at 1:49 AM

Pawlenty is my guy. Stick Martinez, Rubio, McDonnell, Jindal, Christie or Ryan on as the VP and you have a damn good ticket.

therightwinger on April 2, 2011 at 1:55 AM

Aslans Girl on April 2, 2011 at 1:05 AM

That’s a stretch…

Gohawgs on April 2, 2011 at 1:57 AM

therightwinger on April 2, 2011 at 1:55 AM

They’re un-qualified to be VPOTUS…/

Gohawgs on April 2, 2011 at 1:58 AM

alt,

How was the spawn’s BD?

Gohawgs on April 2, 2011 at 1:59 AM

Ugh, thanks for my cringe fix of the day Pawlenty. Please stop with the horrible jokes and forced cultural references. Yikes.

Dongemaharu on April 2, 2011 at 2:02 AM

They’re un-qualified to be VPOTUS…/

Gohawgs on April 2, 2011 at 1:58 AM

I want Jindal as PRESIDENT!
Spawn’s birthday was fine. His girlfriend’s grandmother-she lives with her grandparents-is now my FB friend.
Good. More chance for me to monitor the little angels.
Btw: he’s 17 and I feel like a dinosaur.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 2, 2011 at 2:07 AM