Indiana fleebagger: Like troops heading out to Afghanistan, sometimes people have to leave to do good

posted at 6:32 pm on April 1, 2011 by Allahpundit

Via Hoosierpundit. To think, I foolishly believed that Democrats were being petulant and antidemocratic in blocking official business by running away out of state like common criminals. Turns out they were just sort of … redeploying.

They’re the greatest heroes of all, my friends. Transcript via Geraghty.

CHEATHAM: The thing that sticks in my mind, I guess, more than anything else — and this is something that has happened. My wife teaches first grade. This past week, one of the kids in her class, a little first grader’s dad is getting sent to Afghanistan. And he was really sad. And she said, ‘Eell, you know, your dad is doing something really good. He’s going to a country where people there are trying to take away the freedoms of other people there, keep them from living a good life. So he’s leaving to do something good.’ And one of the little girls in class just on her own — and this has never been talked about in class, because my wife doesn’t do that — said, ‘It’s kind of like Mr. Cheatham, he left to make our schools better.’ And when I heard that, that gave me a reason —” (drowned out by applause.)

In fairness, then, he’s not saying he thinks fleebaggers are warriors for freedom, engaged in a nation-building project to bring security and prosperity to public employee unions everywhere. He’s saying that a six-year-old thinks that, and that he found it sufficiently clever to repeat to a roomful of constituents because they’d find it super insightful too. Which, of course, they did.

We’re really wearing out the “what if a Republican said/did it?” card lately, what with The One having gone and torn up the War Powers Act and all, but I honestly can’t wait to see the media reaction when, not if, Republicans pull this same move. Note to GOP legislators: Be sure to analogize yourselves to soldiers, too, when you do it. The press will love it.

Comments

Turns out they were just sort of … redeploying.

Almost spit my red wine all over. LOL I held that laugh back. LOL ah this is why HA r00lz and all other blogs dr00l.

blatantblue on April 1, 2011 at 6:35 PM

I commented on this, this morning. I have nothing to add, but my disgust for this man.

I would have respected him more had he stayed, did his job, and the right thing for his state. What he did do, was to run away, hide, act childish, and put loyatly to party over his state, it’s people, and his country. That deserves a lot of shame in my opinion.

capejasmine on April 1, 2011 at 6:35 PM

Yeah cause running away from your post and your responsibilities is just like a soldier who stands his post and accepts more than his responsibility. /

sharrukin on April 1, 2011 at 6:40 PM

If we’re going to go with the military analogies, wouldn’t his actions be more comparable to a soldier who decides on the battlefield that his general sucks and as a response goes AWOL?

Weight of Glory on April 1, 2011 at 6:40 PM

This is an April Fool’s joke, right?

cat-scratch on April 1, 2011 at 6:40 PM

This is the courage Dan Rather was talking about. Barf.

fiatboomer on April 1, 2011 at 6:41 PM

Let’s redeploy them to serve at Gitmo and at the Korean border shall we?

Defector01 on April 1, 2011 at 6:41 PM

I’d call him a douchebag, but at least those serve a purpose.

DrAllecon on April 1, 2011 at 6:43 PM

C O W A R D S !

GarandFan on April 1, 2011 at 6:45 PM

What a meathead. Great analogy you d-bag. I guess if you cut yourself shaving you are entitled to a Purple Heart.

rjoco1 on April 1, 2011 at 6:45 PM

I’m sticking with my comment from the headlines.

Mr. Cheatham, as cute as first graders are, I think you might give some thought to using the view of one them as a political excuse for your behavior. A child can’t be expected to understand the life and death reality of a member of the military or the difference in the conditions that you and your cohorts “suffered” during your “deployment”. But you do and so do most of your constituents, you are truly a disgrace.

AND people applauded! What a world!!!

Cindy Munford on April 1, 2011 at 6:47 PM

You do all realize that liberal indoctrination knee-jerk reaction should have caused the kid to say, “Kind of like Mr. Cheatham, he left to save our schools to make sure we aren’t all too stoopid to not stay out of foreign wars and get stuk in Irak with the evil Booosh?”

Lily on April 1, 2011 at 6:47 PM

Okay, this is just totally disgusting. What kind of airplay is this getting in WI?

Honestly, if these people don’t re-elect Prosser, then I don’t give a damn what happens to them. They just better not expect any kind of bail-out.

Walker needs to start the layoffs.

ladyingray on April 1, 2011 at 6:51 PM

AND people applauded! What a world!!!

Cindy Munford on April 1, 2011 at 6:47 PM

Liberalism is a scary thing.

blatantblue on April 1, 2011 at 6:53 PM

If my Airman son fled from his sworn responsibility, he’d be at Leavenworth about now…

ladyingray on April 1, 2011 at 6:55 PM

Once again, for Democrats, the ends justifies the means.

RJL on April 1, 2011 at 6:55 PM

Nice analogy. This one might be more appropriate.

Scrappy on April 1, 2011 at 6:56 PM

Every time one of these idiots opens their mouths, I can not believe the worthless,stupid drivel that drools out. Maybe they are trying to sound nuttier than Pelosi. Unbelievable.

retiredeagle on April 1, 2011 at 6:57 PM

ladyingray on April 1, 2011 at 6:51 PM

This particular idiot is from the Indiana branch of Fleebaggers.

Cindy Munford on April 1, 2011 at 7:03 PM

Does this mean we can shoot at them? Or plant IEDs on their front lawns?

rbj on April 1, 2011 at 7:04 PM

I’m gonna rip the eyes out of your head and piss into your dead skull! You f’d with the wrong Marine!

dmann on April 1, 2011 at 7:05 PM

Snark just doesn’t get any more elegant than Allahpundit’s. :)

surrounded on April 1, 2011 at 7:10 PM

Walker needs to start the layoffs.

ladyingray on April 1, 2011 at 6:51 PM

Yup, yup, and yup.

surrounded on April 1, 2011 at 7:14 PM

I hope this gets tons of air.

Cindy Munford on April 1, 2011 at 7:15 PM

At some point, someone must stand up for our Constitution, or we will never be the United States that we knew.

That said, here’s a little fun for April Fools’ Day:

Linky.

Linky doo.

Linky Dinky Doo wah wah.

hillbillyjim on April 1, 2011 at 7:18 PM

I hope this gets tons of air.

Cindy Munford on April 1, 2011 at 7:15 PM

The way they are turning people’s heads with this crap, it would like as not only serve to drum up more support for their “cause”.

surrounded on April 1, 2011 at 7:18 PM

What a worthless piece of sh1t.

Midas on April 1, 2011 at 7:19 PM

There’s just no end to their arrogance. I guess it’s a natural characteristic of a politician. It’s an ugly quality to have, one I wouldn’t be proud of but these guys think it’s admirable. Puke.

scalleywag on April 1, 2011 at 7:24 PM

Cindy Munford on April 1, 2011 at 7:03 PM

OOPS…however, my point stands.

ladyingray on April 1, 2011 at 7:25 PM

surrounded on April 1, 2011 at 7:10 PM

I love me some daily dose of Allahsnark.

scalleywag on April 1, 2011 at 7:26 PM

Ojesus is a great president.

———————–04/01/2011

hillbillyjim on April 1, 2011 at 7:27 PM

I hope this gets tons of air.

Cindy Munford on April 1, 2011 at 7:15 PM

Are you kidding, it’s the blaring headline on Huffpo and MSNBC right now! They are outraged, I tell you, outraged.

scalleywag on April 1, 2011 at 7:28 PM

That guy is a freaking idiot . . . there’s no way he can compare his wormy, pandering political butt to our brave soldiers.

rplat on April 1, 2011 at 7:29 PM

A wind advisory is in effect for our area.

Is THE ONE WE’VE BEEN WAITING FOR going to speechify again? Hoo-freakin’-rah!

hillbillyjim on April 1, 2011 at 7:30 PM

Fleebaggers are war criminals.

malclave on April 1, 2011 at 7:31 PM

It’s a holiday!

April Fools.

hillbillyjim on April 1, 2011 at 7:33 PM

‘It’s kind of like Mr. Cheatham, he left to make our schools better.’

Deserter!

He deserted, he didn’t leave to make things better.

Mojave Mark on April 1, 2011 at 7:35 PM

ladyingray on April 1, 2011 at 7:25 PM

It sure does, I’m sad that it can’t be run in Wisconsin to bring attention to this type of fool.

Cindy Munford on April 1, 2011 at 7:36 PM

scalleywag on April 1, 2011 at 7:28 PM

Maybe it will be on Red Eye!

Cindy Munford on April 1, 2011 at 7:38 PM

Jonathan Yale and Jordan Haerter didn’t run.

Christien on April 1, 2011 at 7:59 PM

It’s asinine statements like this that confirm these bigoted cowards will never, ever understand the sacrifice of our military.

Tone deaf.

CurtZHP on April 1, 2011 at 7:59 PM

This assclown escapes into Illinois and equates it to serving in Afghanistan?!!!!!!

And the Democrats have the gall to wonder why military people look upon them with a jaundiced eye?!!!!

pilamaye on April 1, 2011 at 8:11 PM

Hey, nutbag. Don’t you dare conflate the outrageous cowardice of the Democrat Fleebaggers, who ran FROM the point of conflict, with uniformed servicemen and women who run TO the point of conflict.

Shame on you.

Freelancer on April 1, 2011 at 8:13 PM

Ohhhh, the sacrifice he made….(sniffle – wiping away tear)

Dopenstrange on April 1, 2011 at 8:15 PM

More old farts with grey hair who will not survive the next election cycle. Tough luck for them.

percysunshine on April 1, 2011 at 8:55 PM

If my kid was in his wifes class I’d pull him out. This is the kind of crap that gets foisted on kids and they grow up to be morons like this representative and probably his wife as well.

“See little Johnny? Your daddy is dodging bullets in a war in a country that stones women to death, just like my husband (the politician) was dodging reporters in Illinois. We have a lot in common Little Johnny, much like stoning women to death, here in America the mean old evil taxpayers are asking me to actually pay for a small portion of my million dollar lifetime pension! And they want me to only get a raise based on my performance instead of just because! We may even have to pay a deductible some day on our health insurance like 88% of American workers have to.”

“Little Johnny, the “freedom fighting” analogies are virtually endless, now please ask your daddy when he gets back from WAR to vote for my husband so your daddy can pay more out of his soldiers salary (in taxes) to pay for MY benefits, ok little Johnny??”

Wonder how you pronounce his name? Cheetum? How appropriate.

Tim Zank on April 1, 2011 at 9:11 PM

I was a medic for many years with the 11B grunts.I would love to see him say this around some of the ones I knew.

docflash on April 1, 2011 at 9:11 PM

Sometimes six year olds say some pretty wise things. But not this time. Epic fail.

unclesmrgol on April 1, 2011 at 9:20 PM

Incredible.

Dr. ZhivBlago on April 1, 2011 at 9:46 PM

Anyone else just about fed up with Dim’s? Or is it just me? (And for the Secret Service monitoring: I mean that we will deal with this in 2012 in the election booths).

Rhetorical question.

Dingbat63 on April 1, 2011 at 10:34 PM

Whoa. How many comments were deleted, Allah?

Ugly on April 2, 2011 at 12:21 AM

And here’s another thing… I’m no longer refering to you as ‘Allah’… it’s repugnant. You’re ‘Tony’ now.

Ugly on April 2, 2011 at 12:23 AM

If he is staying on Chi Town’s south side I almost understand his point of view.

jpmn on April 2, 2011 at 12:09 PM