Bad news: Rand Paul outsmarts, embarrasses slow-witted Democrat

posted at 9:38 pm on April 1, 2011 by Allahpundit

Is this who we are now? Humiliating dullards for sport? Poor, poor Harry.

In Reid’s defense, much like Bob Gates, he’s only trying to swallow the “turd sandwich” prepared by our master chef in the White House.

On Wednesday, Paul, with little notice, attached an amendment to the small-business re-authorization bill. The amendment, which chastises President Obama for his actions in Libya, urges members to adopt the president’s own words as “the sense of the Senate.”

To make his point, Paul quoted, in the legislative language, from Obama’s 2007 remarks on the subject: “The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation.” According to Paul’s office, “the measure aims to put the Senate on record affirming Congress as the body with constitutional authority on matters of war.”

GOP sources tell National Review Online that Paul’s proposal flummoxed Reid, who does not want his members to have to weigh in on Obama’s dusty quote about congressional authority, even if the vote is only to table the measure.

Makes me wonder if opinion on Libya inside Congress is already so sour that Democrats fear a vote to authorize the mission retroactively might not go Obama’s way. It probably would: Paul and a few other very conservative Republicans might peel off along with Bernie Sanders and far-left liberals, but I bet The One would pull 70 votes even now. It’s awfully tough politically to cut a military mission off at the knees, especially when prominent officials are defecting from the enemy side. Even so, given the turdiness of the sandwich, not a single one of those 70 (except maybe McCain, Lieberman, and Graham) are eager to take that vote. And I can’t believe there’s a single Republican in the House who wants to deal with it. If you’re Boehner or Cantor or Allen West or Mike Pence, how do you vote in order to simultaneously (a) support the Air Force and Navy while they’re executing a mission, (b) protect the GOP’s hawkish credentials, (c) express your doubts about the utility of the mission and how it’s being executed, and (d) challenge Obama on his absurd hypocrisy about the president’s military prerogatives, especially given the contempt he’s showed Congress thus far? Tough vote. So tough that I wonder if Reid’s tempted to vote on a resolution in the Senate just to force Boehner to take it up and choke on it.

Here’s Paul’s floor speech on Libya from Wednesday. He sent Reid a letter tonight calling for a vote on a war resolution. Don’t hold your breath.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Well done, Senator Paul!!

Khun Joe on April 1, 2011 at 9:39 PM

I can’t believe Reid is still there. He was one of the main ones I wanted to see fulfill his plans for life after public office.

Dr. ZhivBlago on April 1, 2011 at 9:40 PM

Incontinence diapers are indignant.

Lefties are impertinent.

The constitution is just for kicks.

Schadenfreude on April 1, 2011 at 9:41 PM

Bad news?

It’s a hoot.

And on the Feast of All Fools, too,

Wethal on April 1, 2011 at 9:43 PM

That Rand Paul… sharp individual.

Must have studied politics at the knee of a true patriot.

JohnGalt23 on April 1, 2011 at 9:44 PM

Rand Paul/Herman Cain
2012

I’m really starting to like this guy and his pair of brass balz.

Knucklehead on April 1, 2011 at 9:44 PM

You preserve the good name of our military,preserve blood and treasure and do the right thing by thinking long term and not save face, ‘will I win the next election with this vote’ crap and get them the hell out of this dangerous, thoughtless, political nightmare kinetic military action.

katy on April 1, 2011 at 9:46 PM

His voice is too annoying and he has trouble getting to his point.
Say what you have to say and stop repeating yourself Rand.
He said “Third War” 4 times in the first 2 minutes and started to sound like all blathering politicians thinking that if he uses more words it somehow makes his speech more effective.
Perhaps he had something real profound to say but he took too darned long for me to sit through it.

darwin-t on April 1, 2011 at 9:48 PM

Reid: A Democrat victory is now the least likely way that Republicans will retain power

WoosterOh on April 1, 2011 at 9:51 PM

What katy said.

mockmook on April 1, 2011 at 9:51 PM

Bold, fresh idea: Cut off all 3 wars. The Iraq war is won (F you, Harry Reid). Barry and the democrats are not in Afghanistan to win it, so we need to bring them home. It was political hackery at its best. Let the muslim barbarians know we will not hesitate to make all sthat and turn into glass.

SouthernGent on April 1, 2011 at 9:53 PM

‘… slow-witted Democrat’
But AP repeats himself.
*snerk*

annoyinglittletwerp on April 1, 2011 at 9:56 PM

Is this who we are now? Humiliating dullards for sport?

God, I hope so!

AUINSC on April 1, 2011 at 9:57 PM

SouthernGent on April 1, 2011 at 9:53 PM

This. Right. Here.

Bring our soldiers home, all of them, and put them on our borders.

Knucklehead on April 1, 2011 at 9:58 PM

Did Bush pull this crap? NO! This is not so hard for the House Republicans to remind Obama exactly how the Constitution works when it comes to the war powers act. Obama’s stuck his big fat “I need some toughness policy for 2012 to rein in some independents”, and he still has no clue what to do when Libya turns completely sour. And Harry “the war is lost” can sit on his fence until they run out of hemorrhoid medicine.

Rovin on April 1, 2011 at 9:58 PM

That Rand Paul… sharp individual.

Must have studied politics at the knee of a true patriot.

JohnGalt23 on April 1, 2011 at 9:44 PM

You know what I’m gonna say next: must’ve been his mother-because ‘true-patriot’ is not an expression that can accurately be used to describe the Ronulan.
Now Israel-hating, Pal-symp, paleo-con, wackadoodle, on the other-hand…

annoyinglittletwerp on April 1, 2011 at 10:01 PM

Is this who we are now? Humiliating dullards for sport?

God, I hope so!

AUINSC on April 1, 2011 at 9:57 PM

I’m in!

annoyinglittletwerp on April 1, 2011 at 10:01 PM

Harry Reid:

“Wheeze. Wheeze. Huuff I cannot Wheeze believe that Wheeze some young Wheeze whipper snapper Wheeze would Wheeze take to the Wheeze floor with such Wheeze abominable thoughts. Wheeze. As Wheeze senate majority Wheeze leader, I declare Wheeze that Senator Paul wants to Wheeze kill all Wheeze Americans. Wheeze.

I cannot Wheeze understand why my chicken soup is not Wheeze ready when I call for it and I am totally Wheeze disappointed in the lack of Wheeze maid servitude now being Wheeze displayed in the Chamber. Wheeze. When I was elected Wheeze 128 years ago Wheeze, we had chamber maids that would Wheeze actually remove the chamber pot Wheeze from beneath the beds.

Wheeze. What has Wheeze this world come to Wheeze?

Senator Harry Wheeze

Key West Reader on April 1, 2011 at 10:01 PM

Just Wow,the Democrats railed and Demonized Team Right
on “CowBoying”,

and what Team Left has done,in Libya,is Hypocritcal
times a 1,000,000!!!!!!!!!!!!

canopfor on April 1, 2011 at 10:02 PM

Code Pinko’s
===============

FOX News video: CODEPINK’s Medea Benjamin speaks out on Libya
Tue, Mar 22, 2011
******************

canopfor on April 1, 2011 at 10:07 PM

One of the funniest parts (as in pathetic) from the first Costa link above is Durbin’s spinning on behalf of ObaMao:

Still, during a testy floor exchange Wednesday with Sen. Dick Durbin (D., Ill.), the Kentucky freshman argued that his amendment deserves a vote, and fast. “In Afghanistan and Iraq, with all the complaints from many people on these wars that we were involved in, President Bush did come and ask for the authorization of force,” he said. “We’ve had two to three weeks of this issue. They had time to go to the U.N. They had time to go to the Arab League. They had time to go to everyone. I think you should be insulted the way I am insulted they never came to Congress.”

Durbin fired back that Bush, by coming to Congress, actually “broke precedent.” Paul looked on, bemused.

Durbin asserted that Obama acted within the law. “The senator from Kentucky has the right to express his point of view, debate it on the floor of the Senate, and the right to pursue the War Powers Act, which gives Congress the authority for a hearing and a decision,” he said. “But what I would, I guess, disagree with the senator from Kentucky is on the characterization that the president did not follow the law. He did notify Congress. I think the circumstances moved so quickly with human life hanging in the balance the president made that decision and now stands with the American people making judgment as to whether it was the proper decision to make.”

onlineanalyst on April 1, 2011 at 10:07 PM

Wheeze. What has Wheeze this world come to Wheeze?

Senator Harry Wheeze

Key West Reader on April 1, 2011 at 10:01 PM

Key West Reader: And Wheeze,whats that stink..wheeze,I
smell tourists..wheeze…(sarc):)

canopfor on April 1, 2011 at 10:09 PM

“The hypocritical version that has become our President…”

That’s going to leave a mark…

…+7%!

Seven Percent Solution on April 1, 2011 at 10:10 PM

darwin-t on April 1, 2011 at 9:48 PM

Read Rand’s letter in the last link. Rand lays it straight.

onlineanalyst on April 1, 2011 at 10:10 PM

That young man is destined to be the President one day and I hope SOON

old war horse on April 1, 2011 at 10:10 PM

So. Dick Turbin states that it’s okay for Obama to not consult Congress before launching Military War against Libya because he made that decision and now stands with the American people making judgment as to whether it was the proper decision to make”

Ummmm. Not OK, Dick. Not okay.

Key West Reader on April 1, 2011 at 10:14 PM

Key West Reader: And Wheeze,whats that stink..wheeze,I
smell tourists..wheeze…(sarc):)

canopfor on April 1, 2011 at 10:09 PM

Wheeze. It is the Wheeze stink of the American Wheeze people Wheeze that makes him Wheeze. And, Wheeze, it is freezing Nancy’s face, so Wheeze make the American Wheeze tourists Wheeze stop invading our Wheeze hoity toity Wheeze chambers, And, Wheeze, can I get a Depends change here? I’m wet. Wheeze. Huffpo. Wheeze.

Key West Reader on April 1, 2011 at 10:17 PM

Now Israel-hating,

annoyinglittletwerp on April 1, 2011 at 10:01 PM

Hmmmm. So, one must now be pro-Israel to be a patriot.

I must have missed the Act of Congress which made Israel the 51st state. Perhaps you have a link?

JohnGalt23 on April 1, 2011 at 10:17 PM

Is this who we are now? Humiliating dullards for sport?

Allahpundit

This is who we have been for quite some time, AP. And I think you know that…

Jaibones on April 1, 2011 at 10:20 PM

Isn’t it rich that Durbin claims that “human lives were hanging in the balance” in Libya in order to justify ObaMao’s actions when we can all cite other places in the ME and elsewhere where the Fresh Prince of Bill Ayers never felt the same sense of urgency. What a crock!

onlineanalyst on April 1, 2011 at 10:20 PM

I was and have not been a fan of Rand….but WTF… he is sharp…to the point and doesnt F%%% around. Three cheers to Rand.

MCW on April 1, 2011 at 10:22 PM

Now Israel-hating,

annoyinglittletwerp on April 1, 2011 at 10:01 PM

Hmmmm. So, one must now be pro-Israel to be a patriot.

JohnGalt23 on April 1, 2011 at 10:17 PM

Israel is the only democracy in the ME+ The Ronulan’s pali buds want to do to Israel what Hitler did to the Jews in Europe-mainly end its existence.
As a Jewish-born Catholic who lost family to the Einsatzgruppen I tend to take Jew Israel-hating personally.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 1, 2011 at 10:25 PM

I’m beginning to like Rand more and more myself. Like Palin, he doesn’t pull his punches. He zeroes right to the crux of the problem and puts his political opposition on the defensive. And ObaMao and his henchmen have no justifiable defense.

Neibuhr (sp?), my Aunt Fanny. Go jump in a Brooks.

onlineanalyst on April 1, 2011 at 10:25 PM

onlineanalyst on April 1, 2011 at 10:20 PM

Wheeze. Barack Obama? This war is lost. Wheeze.

/Harry Wheeze

Key West Reader on April 1, 2011 at 10:26 PM

Ummmm. Not OK, Dick. Not okay.

Key West Reader on April 1, 2011 at 10:14 PM

My soon-to-be former senator is what my late father used to refer to as a ‘schmuck with earlaps’.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 1, 2011 at 10:27 PM

When Nixon pulled the Military out of Vietnam he told them we would be back if the need arose. The Congress and Senate voted to fund no more missions to Vietnam when the North headed South on the final drive. This is about the same situation. I am ready to pull funding from the whole Middle East War zone. Are we supporting the Troops by having them face an enemy in Afghanistan that we are supporting in Libya? Is it support for the troops when the are trying to do their job under ridicules Rules of Engagement? I thought we had bad ones in Vietnam but from what I hear it is much worse in Afghanistan. So maybe we would be supporting the troops more by bombing the hell out of the mountain areas, declare we won and leave it to the people to defend their freedom. The Military will not complain about these thing, they are professionals and new what they were doing when they raised their hand and swore the oath. They will stay and do the job to the best of their ability to the end without question. WWII did not last this long for us.

This Libya war Obama has injected us in is a real problem, he is not aware of nor does he seem to care about the lives of the Military I don’t care what he says.

old war horse on April 1, 2011 at 10:30 PM

Rand is not his father’s son…I think he kept the (few) good qualities that his dad has…and mixed in some good old common sense and balls….

I had some misgivings during his senate run (Alex Jones..gag) but I think Rand is gonna rock…

P.S. Spathi Spazi….GFY…with a pineapple.

BigWyo on April 1, 2011 at 10:30 PM

The rest of the Republicans in Congress, particularly those in the House leadership, need to take heed. This is how it’s done and it ain’t that hard.

ncborn on April 1, 2011 at 10:31 PM

BigWyo on April 1, 2011 at 10:30 PM

I agree. Rand is quite impressive.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 1, 2011 at 10:33 PM

SouthernGent on April 1, 2011 at 9:53 PM

I like it… And I won’t even care (too much) if Barry tries to take a bit of undue credit.

RalphyBoy on April 1, 2011 at 10:33 PM

old war horse on April 1, 2011 at 10:30 PM

The only reason the B.O. inserted itself into this issue was to go one up on Bush. This child is such a failure in everything he has ever sought to achieve that he has in fact destabilized an entire, vital region of the World.

Our allies loathe him, we loathe him, our enemies laugh at him. I wonder what it is that he sees when he views himself in that giant mirror in his bedroom. And I wonder what sort of grimace he faces from the faux lady.

The kids at my child’s high school are saying things like, “Don’t do an obama”… “Doh, Obama!” “Oops, Obama!”
“Eat your sausage, Obama!” “Don’t get all gayBama on me”. “I’ll kick your Obama”. “Get off my locker you suckObama”

/Not good. Funny, but not good for a world community organizer.

Key West Reader on April 1, 2011 at 10:41 PM

JohnGalt23 on April 1, 2011 at 10:17 PM

as a true blood american supporter of Israel I could not agree more. No nation should ever compromise our own existence.

The problem with Ron Paul is his dedication to domestic issues that completely cloud his non-domestic views on the issues. A truly sad thing

19thgenamerican on April 1, 2011 at 10:44 PM

Rand is increasingly striking me as a canny and savvy politician. If he can keep that alive without sacrificing his soul (fat chance, I know), he may really become an elemental force in the Senate.

I’m looking forward to his continued exploits.

nukemhill on April 1, 2011 at 10:45 PM

That Rand Paul… sharp individual.

Must have studied politics at the knee of a true patriot.

JohnGalt23 on April 1, 2011 at 9:44 PM

Isn’t there a website for homoerotic fan fiction that would be more appropriate for posts like this?

G M on April 1, 2011 at 10:55 PM

SouthernGent on April 1, 2011 at 9:53 PM

Knucklehead on April 1, 2011 at 9:58 PM

Hear, hear!

Inkblots on April 1, 2011 at 10:56 PM

Ho, ho, ho, Sen. Ensign begs to contradict the false claims that the State Department is making in re to the Libyan adventure. The Senate is finding its voice in asserting its powers.

onlineanalyst on April 1, 2011 at 10:59 PM

slow-witted Democrat

Is that like a double negative or something? Is there some other kind of Democrat?

MikeA on April 1, 2011 at 10:59 PM

SouthernGent on April 1, 2011 at 9:53 PM
Knucklehead on April 1, 2011 at 9:58 PM
Hear, hear!

Inkblots on April 1, 2011 at 10:56 PM

Ditto!

onlineanalyst on April 1, 2011 at 11:00 PM

This is who the Tea Party needs to throw all its weight behind. He is the future of the Republican Party, he knows his stuff, and he is right on the issues.

Raisedbywolves on April 1, 2011 at 11:14 PM

-he’s only trying to swallow the “turd sandwich”-

-”My mom used to try to get me to eat sh!t sandwiches, but I don’t like bread.”-Harry Reid

Cornhusker on April 1, 2011 at 11:15 PM

Michele Bachmann Apologizes, Promises to Fight Patriot Act at Tea Party Event

Spathi on April 1, 2011 at 10:22 PM

I like her as a human being, she has done a lot of good for the Tea Party, but her vote on the Patriot Act has forever tarnished her, IMO. I think she’s just saying what she knows the tea partiers want to hear.

Firefly_76 on April 1, 2011 at 11:16 PM

schwing!!!!

skeedro on April 1, 2011 at 11:26 PM

I pray to see Herman Cain debate bo… that would be priceless.

skeedro on April 1, 2011 at 11:28 PM

Reduce the deficit: Charge a “viewing fee” for the debate between Herman and bo………. i’ll pay double. …. then again, i wonder how many would really pay attention. It’s the sleepers that are governing this country. Scary, very scary. WAKE UP!!!!!!!!

skeedro on April 1, 2011 at 11:32 PM

Firefly_76 on April 1, 2011 at 11:16 PM

As I said in the QOTD thread, the USA PATRIOT Act should be repealed and replaced by an act that properly balances the needs of national security with the far more fundamental need for the government to obey the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

That being said, that article is an April Fool’s joke. Though I must say, my respect for Rep. Bachmann would have increased enormously if it weren’t.

Inkblots on April 1, 2011 at 11:37 PM

Ah, if only the PATRIOT act critics actually understood it….

G M on April 1, 2011 at 11:47 PM

Ah, if only the PATRIOT act critics actually understood it….

G M on April 1, 2011 at 11:47 PM

Ah, if only the PATRIOT act supporters actually understood the Bill of Rights….

Inkblots on April 1, 2011 at 11:51 PM

So proud to call this many my Senator.

And proud of my Wildcats for making the Final Four! Go Cats!

fossten on April 1, 2011 at 11:52 PM

The magical Ronulan bill of rights you all got in your decoder rings?

G M on April 1, 2011 at 11:56 PM

So, what rights don’t you have that you had before the PATRIOT act became law?

G M on April 1, 2011 at 11:58 PM

So, what rights don’t you have that you had before the PATRIOT act became law?

Don’t worry about it. It was just an April fool’s joke at Bachmann’s expense.

Spathi on April 2, 2011 at 12:03 AM

I have yet to find a PATRIOT act opponent who could answer the question. Funny, given the oppressive horrors it’s allegedly inflicted on the American people.

G M on April 2, 2011 at 12:08 AM

Is this who we are now? Humiliating dullards for sport?

Man, that’s the laugh of the year. AP, that is categorically the funniest line I’ve ever read on Hot Air.

Hell yes, that’s where we are. What else are they for?

warbaby on April 2, 2011 at 12:22 AM

katy on April 1, 2011 at 9:46 PM

*DING*

We have a winner.

Midas on April 2, 2011 at 12:31 AM

The magical Ronulan bill of rights you all got in your decoder rings?

G M on April 1, 2011 at 11:56 PM

Those rights don’t apply to Zionists or non-9/11 truthers.
///

annoyinglittletwerp on April 2, 2011 at 12:40 AM

Rand Paul is starting to really impress me.

ace tomato on April 2, 2011 at 12:50 AM

Great job by Rand Paul.

Compare and contrast to that pathetic RINO Scott Brown.

Norwegian on April 2, 2011 at 12:50 AM

I knew going to war in Libya was wrong and I was disgusted but until I saw this Rand Paul video I was not outraged and now as he has explained the gravity of this I am.

WAht happened to the USA? I hate our Congress except for a few members. We need to get them out. We need to get our country back and Barry Sotero needs to be run out of our White House and held accountable for all his actions.

God bless Rand Paul.

CCRWM on April 2, 2011 at 1:21 AM

Humiliating dullards for sport! Brilliant description by AP and response by Rand Paul. Make sure to follow AP’s dullard link to read about the “exchange” involving the Senior “Senator” from Illinois, Turbin Durbin – this is just the beginning: Still, during a testy floor exchange Wednesday with Sen. Dick Durbin (D stands for Dummy), the Kentucky freshman argued that his amendment deserves a vote, and fast. “In Afghanistan and Iraq, with all the complaints from many people on these wars that we were involved in, President Bush did come and ask for the authorization of force,” he said. “We’ve had two to three weeks of this issue. They had time to go to the U.N. They had time to go to the Arab League. They had time to go to everyone. I think you should be insulted the way I am insulted they never came to Congress.”

There is more of the Dick adding new Dickie Dulla$$ness at the link. This is a must read because it is just amazing that a U.S. Senator, even one from the state of Felonois who obviously grew up eating too many lead paint sandwiches, is actually exposing his increasing mental derangement. Durbin the Dick need a net thrown over him and then hauled of to a psych ward for an involuntary evaluation. He keeps spinning deeper into outer space and far surpasses the usual senatorial dullard. Anyone have a link to Dick’s live remarks? Always knew he was nuts but this little dust up is very disturbing.

MayorDaley on April 2, 2011 at 2:30 AM

Wait, so now we’re against use of force in taking down brutal thugs? I’m so confused.

TheBlueSite on April 2, 2011 at 2:38 AM

TheBlueSite on April 2, 2011 at 2:38 AM

Take it up with Obama because he is the one telling us that he won’t use force to remove Gaddafi. He wants Qaddafi to go, he just won’t make him go using Kinetic Military Action in a not-war. Or wait… maybe you should ask the Steering Committee, or is it now NATO, but not the U.S.?

I guess I can see why you’re so confused.

sharrukin on April 2, 2011 at 2:49 AM

Has anyone else noticed how much the career politicians hate to have their own words quoted back to them?

Snake307 on April 2, 2011 at 3:05 AM

TheBlueSite on April 2, 2011 at 2:38 AM

There are brutal thugs all over the planet and we can only fight so many simultaneous wars. There are much bigger threats to us in the world than Libya—like the debt and spending.

FloatingRock on April 2, 2011 at 3:12 AM

Snake307 on April 2, 2011 at 3:05 AM

Just wait for the campaign ads contrasting Øbama’s statements for and against war. Talk about indecisiveness on 3am phone calls….

FloatingRock on April 2, 2011 at 3:17 AM

That young man is destined to be the President one day and I hope SOON

old war horse on April 1, 2011 at 10:10 PM

God, no.

Ron Paul or Rand Paul will never make it to the White House. Both are too nuts to be POTUS.

Conservative Samizdat on April 2, 2011 at 4:01 AM

Making Reid squirm is the next logical step up from his flushing that EPA drone during a SubCmte hearing…

Gohawgs on April 2, 2011 at 4:16 AM

He has Obama dead to rights.

Obama realized his error belatedly and thus his hasty decision to withdraw from Libya.

Hell is the truth seen too late and Obama is down there.

Sen. Paul did this in a proper fashion without resort to expletives.

Better than I could ever ever do. I like using expletives regarding Obama.

But I wish we did not have a pretender on the throne to begin with to which I must direct my curses.

Obama is a foul creature.

Sherman1864 on April 2, 2011 at 5:44 AM

Bravo, Senator Rand Paul, Bravissimo!

maverick muse on April 2, 2011 at 7:23 AM

“Conservative” Samizdat Deceptive Mittens

As if conservative, an authoritarian feudalist references the US Constitution and Madison’s Federalist Papers as “too nuts”. Bad news.

maverick muse on April 2, 2011 at 7:31 AM

ncborn on April 1, 2011 at 10:31 PM

So effing true…

Keemo on April 2, 2011 at 7:33 AM

We begged for leadership in the Senate and in the house from our newly elected freshmen; we’re getting some of that with a few including Senator Paul… Hopefully more will take this lead and follow. The old time establishment wipes simply need to be replaced, as they are useless takers who care about themselves more than country and always have.

Keemo on April 2, 2011 at 7:36 AM

So Rand Paul made Harry Reid look like a dolt. How hard is that? Kinda like hunting in a baited field . . .

BigAlSouth on April 2, 2011 at 8:00 AM

I had to answer if I thought The Won was doing the right thing in Libya for a Quinnipiac poll. It was the hardest question they asked.

Cindy Munford on April 2, 2011 at 8:41 AM

*applause*

Rand nails it. The more I see, the more I like. This guy is good!

petefrt on April 2, 2011 at 8:49 AM

Why does the military obey if the President has not gone through the proper channels, ie the Congress, in order to commit the U.S. to war?

VBMax on April 2, 2011 at 9:00 AM

Aaaaahh! Cowboy poetry!

ultracon on April 2, 2011 at 9:57 AM

Obama has no clue what he said yesterday so remembering what he said in 2007 is completely out of the question. Add to the fact he is totally incapable of the truth and you have the most incompetent lifeform to ever become president.

volsense on April 2, 2011 at 10:32 AM

Really? Ron Paul?

besser tot als rot on April 2, 2011 at 10:43 AM

Not so much slow-witted as trapped in their own rhetoric.

More of a fish/barrel/shotgun sort of deal.

ajacksonian on April 2, 2011 at 11:43 AM

Adm. Painter: What’s his plan?
Jack Ryan: His plan ?
Adm. Painter: Russians don’t take a dump, son, without a plan.

If Obama was a Russian he would die of constipation.

J_Crater on April 2, 2011 at 12:17 PM

Easy. Censure Obama in the House for his contempt of Congress and then authorize the action.

cpaulus on April 2, 2011 at 12:30 PM

It’s everyone’s moral imperative to “cut a military mission off at the knees” if we believe it to be radically against our interests, if we believe that achieving our objective is no better (if not worse) than not and if we believe that pulling out poses no immediate threat to our troops.

elfman on April 2, 2011 at 12:49 PM

Bring our soldiers home, all of them, and put them on our borders.

Knucklehead on April 1, 2011 at 9:58 PM

I agree this time. The ditherer in chief has no clue about what he’s doing and cares nothing for the troops he’s sacrificing.

dogsoldier on April 2, 2011 at 2:14 PM

WE DONT ACTUALLY HAVE A MISSION in any of the three theaters, except to dick around and get our guys killed. Because dipshit has no plan whatsoever.

dogsoldier on April 2, 2011 at 2:16 PM

He sent Reid a letter tonight calling for a vote on a war resolution.

Even if it passed, King Barry would ignore it:

The White House would forge ahead with military action in Libya even if Congress passed a resolution constraining the mission, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said during a classified briefing to House members Wednesday afternoon.

That evil SOB must be impeached.

Rae on April 2, 2011 at 2:26 PM

Reid should have never won!!
I live in Az but have a lot of friends in NV and some of the very big hotels that Reid has in his pocket their employees were told to vote for Reid or lose their jobs, it is time to break the hold that these union thugs have over politics and the taxpayers.

concernedsenior on April 2, 2011 at 4:56 PM