Anthony Weiner: Yes, it’s true, I look like Horshack from “Welcome Back, Kotter”

posted at 10:20 pm on March 31, 2011 by Allahpundit

A reality check for conservatives who insist that liberals are incapable of telling the truth: I defy you to examine the side-by-side comparison here at 7:15 and tell me the man is lying. He’s right, isn’t he? For once in his life, brutal candor.

Here’s his full set from last night’s Congressional Correspondents’ Dinner and, as much as it pains me to say it, it’s pretty good. Larry Wilmore of “The Daily Show” was the keynote; I watched that clip for five minutes with the thought of posting it instead, but honestly, Weiner’s is better. The Arby’s joke in particular had me busting out laughing. A bit of bipartisan good cheer on a slow news night.

Comments

But you’re not that smart weeny boy

darwin-t on March 31, 2011 at 10:22 PM

He’s an honorable weiner

Electrongod on March 31, 2011 at 10:23 PM

That’s it! Horshack! I knew he looked familiar.

amerpundit on March 31, 2011 at 10:25 PM

Up your nose with a rubber hose, Weiner.

Naturally Curly on March 31, 2011 at 10:27 PM

That’s it! Horshack! I knew he looked familiar.

amerpundit on March 31, 2011 at 10:25 PM

I’ve always thought he looked like Screech.

darwin-t on March 31, 2011 at 10:27 PM

What was the Arby’s joke, I don’t feel like listening to the entire thing.

Bishop on March 31, 2011 at 10:28 PM

This sounds like Bob Saget. Well maybe not but the speed at which I turned him off was about the same.

Electrongod on March 31, 2011 at 10:29 PM

Bishop: Go to 5:00 Even for the Arbys joke.

CWforFreedom on March 31, 2011 at 10:31 PM

Wienershack ?

Or Horspucky ?

William Amos on March 31, 2011 at 10:31 PM

I have to admit. Weiner is funny. Quick, witty and he does look like Horshack. He’s a leftist, and he can be a jerk, but he’s a funny, irritating and sometimes tolerable jerk. Nice job, Anthony.

ted c on March 31, 2011 at 10:32 PM

Why o why does this ass keep getting elected?

sandee on March 31, 2011 at 10:32 PM

Allah, I can’t believe you really think anyone reading here is going to watch an 11 minute spiel from Weiner of all people.

I don’t care how funny this clip may be. His rabid attacks on all things conservative for years has turned conservatives totally off. You think we’re going to overlook all that and hope to find a smattering of redeeming qualities in man? (even if it is the idea he can be funny)

ButterflyDragon on March 31, 2011 at 10:34 PM

Why o why does this ass keep getting elected?

sandee on March 31, 2011 at 10:32 PM

New York, New York

darwin-t on March 31, 2011 at 10:37 PM

Looks like Horshack, sounds like horse s**t.

Grayson on March 31, 2011 at 10:37 PM

CWforFreedom on March 31, 2011 at 10:31 PM

Arigatou gozaimasu.

Bishop on March 31, 2011 at 10:38 PM

He’s right, isn’t he? For once in his life, brutal candor.

Twice, in same setting. He had CNN’s viewer numbers right.

Schadenfreude on March 31, 2011 at 10:40 PM

Eh, Arby’s joke was supposed to be funny because didn’t work for me.

Bishop on March 31, 2011 at 10:41 PM

LOL! Arby’s… ahhh sh1t, too much. Good times, good times.

abobo on March 31, 2011 at 10:41 PM

YW Bishop

CWforFreedom on March 31, 2011 at 10:41 PM

The Boehner bit was hilarious. And the Bachmann bit.

DaveS on March 31, 2011 at 10:42 PM

We just cant get through the day without us having ourselves some Weiner.

All my comments are censored

WoosterOh on March 31, 2011 at 10:44 PM

slow night. nite ya’ll.

ted c on March 31, 2011 at 10:50 PM

ButterflyDragon on March 31, 2011 at 10:34 PM

He spends quite a lot of time poking fun of himself and what a jerk he is.

DaveS on March 31, 2011 at 10:50 PM

I always thought he looked a little like Jim Rome.

Doughboy on March 31, 2011 at 10:51 PM

Ehh, maybe it’s because I’m tired as hell, but the Arby’s joke went right over my head.

Emily M. on March 31, 2011 at 10:52 PM

slow night. nite ya’ll.

ted c on March 31, 2011 at 10:50 PM

You are going to miss QOTD.
It might be a doozy.

Electrongod on March 31, 2011 at 10:54 PM

He’s a jerk, but a jerk who can poke fun at his jerkiness isn’t quite as much of a jerk.

MadisonConservative on March 31, 2011 at 10:56 PM

Yes, it’s true, I look like Horshack from “Welcome Back, Kotter”

Thread wiener!

Emperor Norton on March 31, 2011 at 10:57 PM

He look like Janis Ian

Kini on March 31, 2011 at 10:57 PM

This man is one of many responsible for putting this country so far in debt…

… that within a few short months, hyper-inflation is going to hit us in the face like a baseball bat.

And the “journalists” in the room have kept this fact from the American people…

I don’t think there is anything funny about that…

Seven Percent Solution on March 31, 2011 at 11:01 PM

I did. So did others.

ButterflyDragon on March 31, 2011 at 10:34 PM

Lighten up, Francis.

MadisonConservative on March 31, 2011 at 11:04 PM

Eeeesh…a Sandpaper Toilet Seat would have been much more bearable.

birdhurd on March 31, 2011 at 11:04 PM

Well, at least give it up, (what the ever in the hill’s bean’
s name that expression began, and means, “Give it up, for.” I do not question anymore. We are in the gutter society, all tattoos all of the time, piercings, why if you have one or two, English has altogether been in the mimed and in clown stage. Next, you clever dopes are on the chopping block simply because you make fools of the rest. Why? We are witless, but nonetheless quite secure with gangs and ammunition. Ties. Do you even at all get my a@@? You’
re stupid and should be robbed because you are sooooooooooooooooooooo stupid.

betsyz on March 31, 2011 at 11:06 PM

I did.

What else are you going to do, look out your window at the national cesspool which is Wisconsin?

Bishop on March 31, 2011 at 11:07 PM

Bishop on March 31, 2011 at 11:07 PM

Nah, just look out my window and think about how much worse it would be if I lived in Minnesota.

MadisonConservative on March 31, 2011 at 11:07 PM

Horshack had integrity.

Kensington on March 31, 2011 at 11:07 PM

I think he looks like a Commie.

Kensington on March 31, 2011 at 11:08 PM

Yes, but Arnold Horschak was a nice guy.

disa on March 31, 2011 at 11:09 PM

Wienershack ?

William Amos on March 31, 2011 at 10:31 PM

Excellent! Being a business owner should straighten him out some. Who wouldn’t drop into the Weinershack for a hotdog?

disa on March 31, 2011 at 11:12 PM

Lighten up, Francis.

MadisonConservative on March 31, 2011 at 11:04 PM

Yeah, I’ll be sure to save this clip to my HDD to show my grandkids one day.

“See how funny that man is? He was one of the guys responsible for destroying the greatest nation that ever existed on this planet, but he is funny, huh? Heck, he could even laugh at himself for willfully driving the country over a cliff.”

Sorry, I see nothing to “lighten” up about.

ButterflyDragon on March 31, 2011 at 11:14 PM

ButterflyDragon on March 31, 2011 at 11:14 PM

You disagree with the guy. You vote against him. At the end of the day, all you’re left with is the person. If you can’t appreciate the finer points of a person just because you disagree with them, you need to have surgery to remove a sequoia from your posterior. Antonin Scalia and Ruth Bader Ginsberg should be the example, not the exception.

MadisonConservative on March 31, 2011 at 11:19 PM

weiner!!!

moonbatkiller on March 31, 2011 at 11:27 PM

MadisonConservative on March 31, 2011 at 10:56 PM

He’s also a tactical jerk. When he made his failed run for mayor of New York in the ’05 Democratic primary, Weiner did it as the most conservative candidate in the Democratic field — which explains a lot about both the NYC Democratic Party and why Bloomberg keeps getting elected.

Anyway, it was only after he failed there that Anthony decided to let his full MSNBC freak flag fly and give the far left Dems in his home city the red meat they want from their elected officials. That’s why he can poke fun at himself, because the mad-dog Weiner persona, including his Fox News ravings, are a dog-and-pony show for the MoveOn/Kos/DU/Media Matters crowd, as part of his plan to run for mayor again in 2013 and win by being the liberals’ favorite progressive lunatic of western Long Island.

jon1979 on March 31, 2011 at 11:29 PM

MadisonConservative on March 31, 2011 at 11:19 PM

If this is the prevalent attitude in Wisconsin, it would surely explain why it’s in the position it is. Cultural warfare is their upper hand. I refuse to acquiesce.

ButterflyDragon on March 31, 2011 at 11:33 PM

ButterflyDragon on March 31, 2011 at 11:33 PM

Ahkay. So anyone who disagrees with you, and votes that way, is engaging in “cultural warfare”. Marvelous. That’s a great attitude to win over enough voters to get things done.

MadisonConservative on March 31, 2011 at 11:36 PM

MadisonConservative on March 31, 2011 at 11:36 PM

I’ve read many of your posts and know you’re not stupid. So I”ll assume you’re purposely being obtuse to make a point. I can only assume further that your point is a moral argument. That somehow I’m a “mean” guy for not wanting to contribute to Weiner’s “stardom”.

You may find this strange, but I actually have more liberal friends that I do conservative friends. We often joke around about our differences of opinion. But, we also know each one of us bears our individual responsibility to go out and vote for the best candidate our conscience can bear. (In fact, I’ve converted some liberal friends in the past by talking facts to them)

Now, myself nor my friends hold political office nor are we in a position that we can attract members of the media to follow our every word.

Weiner does have that ability and office. For that he has a much higher threshold of accountability for what he does when in front of those cameras.

He has used that face time to smear and distort everything about conservatism that he can.

The cultural war I speak of we hear about every single day. Our press is predominantly biased towards liberalism. Hollywood spits out movies left and right with cultural references to benefit the left and denigrate the right.

By consuming that garbage, we only encourage more of it to be produced. Likewise, my opinion about having Weiner’s comedy act on Hotair is another piece of that cultural war. It lends credence to the idea that Weiner might be a legitimate voice to listen to because hey, he can laugh at himself. It’s giving this man more exposure.

People who may not know exactly what he represents and decides to watch this may find him affable and trustworthy. And then the next time they see him on MSNBC or FoxNews spewing garbage, they may be inclined to believe him.

Remember, not everyone spends the time like we do in politics. The average person catches a glimpse here or there and truly do follow the herd with whatever they think might be the direction they should be moving. Weiner is one of those guys moving the herd to a cliff. Just because he’s telling jokes along the way doesn’t mean he still isn’t leading everyone over that cliff and we shouldn’t be alarmed.

Yeah, I’m a jackass. But at least I refuse to be a part of the masses that feed the leftist machinery.

ButterflyDragon on March 31, 2011 at 11:52 PM

And he’s as honest as Juan Epstein.

Jim Treacher on March 31, 2011 at 11:53 PM

Frankly, I always thought he looked like Eugene from Grease fame.

Erich66 on March 31, 2011 at 11:54 PM

ButterflyDragon on March 31, 2011 at 11:52 PM

Anyone willing to consider hard-left liberalism because the person spouting it may actually be an okay guy in regular life is soft-minded to begin with. All I’m arguing is that if you can’t take a break from politics when the liberal does, and make an effort to find common ground, see my previous advice about a medical procedure.

MadisonConservative on March 31, 2011 at 11:58 PM

Anthony is quite proud of his boorishness.

Vince on April 1, 2011 at 12:13 AM

Looks like Horshack. Acts like horse’s back.

Dr. Charles G. Waugh on April 1, 2011 at 12:16 AM

Now if he’d just pull “a George” and leave on a high note, never to return.

GarandFan on April 1, 2011 at 12:20 AM

Looks like Horshack. Acts like horse’s back.

Dr. Charles G. Waugh on April 1, 2011 at 12:16 AM

Now that’s funny!!

theaddora on April 1, 2011 at 12:21 AM

MadisonConservative on March 31, 2011 at 11:58 PM

You’re probably right. But these hardcore leftists I cannot stand.

ButterflyDragon on April 1, 2011 at 12:28 AM

If Obama had an Afro he would be a dead ringer for Epstein.

chas1 on April 1, 2011 at 12:39 AM

His delivery was very good, and considering that he’s a handicapper who undoubtedly wrote his own jokes, I’ll give him a good solid B plus. I’d add that he should keep his day job but that’s not too funny under the circumstances.

Seth Halpern on April 1, 2011 at 12:48 AM

Addendum

Shy Guy on April 1, 2011 at 12:55 AM

If I were Fox I would freeze this guy out..what a jerk. Giving him so much air time just lets him execute his plan of being rude and obnoxious so that he can grab the clips and pat himself on the back and use them like he did here…

CCRWM on April 1, 2011 at 12:56 AM

I’m sorry, I watched most of that video, but I still have the same opinion I had before Iwatched it, I’m more than happy to have Anthony Weiner and Chuck Schumer be the face of the Democratic Party. I’m guessing, they won’t get a lot of support from the mid-west or the south, with their hateful rhetoric or their verbal plotting about how they’re going to win the blame-game.

bflat879 on April 1, 2011 at 1:13 AM

Who cares, he is funny and did like the CNN joke.

El Coqui on April 1, 2011 at 1:41 AM

Grew up in Bklyn ‘hoods!
Weiner’s a lot more like Horsesh!t
than Horshack IMHO!

“Let’s Roll”

On Watch on April 1, 2011 at 1:46 AM

As entertaining as that was, it’s telling that the tough interview clips he showed all came from only one network.

JimRich on April 1, 2011 at 2:27 AM

Gotta hand it to Weiner, he’s the funniest one at this thing – but that bar ain’t so high, so keep the day job, dude!

Adjoran on April 1, 2011 at 5:35 AM

What a jerk.

Ricohoc on April 1, 2011 at 6:50 AM

jon1979 on March 31, 2011 at 11:29 PM

Thank you! That explains much.

Weiner is to the Left but playing a role to be on the far left so as to get backing.

He can appear to be self-deprecating because he is going after a persona that he purposefully projects, while hiding what he believes behind it.

Unfortunately if he knows he is coming across that way, then he knows it is for a limited audience and will not gain him any wider appeal: that is self-defeating for the message and the messager.

While he can be funny about the persona, the question must be asked if that persona becoming the actual man? Giving a social projection to win office due to an ardent number of backers means that he must also bring his policy outlook into line with that and betray any principles he has as the real actor projecting the persona. How long can you do that until the persona becomes the actual thing, itself, and you become lost to it because you refuse to stand up for the few things you believe in beyond the persona?

Remember, you can laugh with him… but he is knowingly projecting a fraud to you. He is letting you in on the joke, because he is making himself into one on purpose. You can laugh at the persona, yes, but what is the quality of character of a man who does such a thing to those he represents and the nation as a whole?

There is nothing to laugh at, at all, about that.

ajacksonian on April 1, 2011 at 6:58 AM

Makes you wish Oscar Meyer held copyright to the word “Weiner:, just so they could sue his sorry rear end for infringement.

pilamaye on April 1, 2011 at 8:22 AM

I’m sure he has some friends. Mark Levin said Barney Frank likes Weiner.

50sGuy on April 1, 2011 at 8:48 AM

The CNN joke was pretty good.

jeffn21 on April 1, 2011 at 9:05 AM

McCain, incidentally, is a natural (and actually pretty experienced by now) at stand up comedy, but he probably has more gag writers than Bob Hope.

Seth Halpern on April 1, 2011 at 9:59 AM

ChickaBOOMer: Weiner Roasts CNN

StewartIII on April 1, 2011 at 10:54 AM

ButterflyDragon on March 31, 2011 at 10:34 PM

Of course not – that would be recognizing the inherent worth and dignity of every human being. Even the ones we don’t like.

dieudonne on April 1, 2011 at 1:02 PM

Eh, Rand Paul’s bit was funnier.

mmnowakjr85 on April 1, 2011 at 1:55 PM

The John Boehner joke was very funny.

asc85 on April 1, 2011 at 1:58 PM

He looks just like Beavis (or Butthead). Especially from the side. huh huh. huh huh.

woohoo on April 1, 2011 at 3:21 PM