Quotes of the day

posted at 10:53 pm on March 30, 2011 by Allahpundit

“I don’t know what motivates people who insist on doubt here,’ said Brooks Jackson, director of FactCheck.org, who went on to say that Obama’s U.S. citizenship had been proven “beyond any reasonable doubt.… But it’s natural human tendency to believe what you want to believe and ignore any evidence that would make you change your mind.

“‘Some people believe in UFO cults, and there’s a whole group who thinks George W. Bush was behind 9/11; you’re not going to convince them otherwise,’ Jackson continued. ‘Trump has obviously decided — and he’s certainly succeeded — that he’ll get more ink saying this than something else, because if there’s one thing Donald Trump loves, it’s attention.’”

***

***

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

annoyinglittletwerp on March 31, 2011 at 12:56 AM

Take some cukes with you for your hot dogs.
And pizza.

OmahaConservative on March 31, 2011 at 12:57 AM

Actually-I’ll miss the weather too.
I’m not a big fan of hot temps. LoL

annoyinglittletwerp on March 31, 2011 at 12:56 AM

Yep. I miss San Diego’s weather.
The upcoming summer’s heat and humidity here sucks and annoys me.

OmahaConservative on March 31, 2011 at 12:59 AM

Heckle on March 31, 2011 at 12:52 AM

Gov. Abercrombie is lying when he says they can’t find it. The problem is what is on the birth certificate.

Really Right on March 31, 2011 at 1:00 AM

The more I hear from Trump the more I like him.

Not my preferred candidate (not even in the top 3); but he is definitely better than the following candidates:

RomneyCare
Truce
T-Paw
Huckster
Grinch

Norwegian on March 31, 2011 at 1:01 AM

Back to bed for me.
I am aching.

OmahaConservative on March 31, 2011 at 1:02 AM

Norwegian on March 31, 2011 at 1:01 AM

Heeeey!
Leave my T-Paw alone…please.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 31, 2011 at 1:02 AM

Norwegian on March 31, 2011 at 1:01 AM

OmahaConservative on March 31, 2011 at 1:03 AM

Obama as a lawyer only worked a few cases- injury cases- someone falling down a set of stairs.

What kind of opposing lawyer research is done in injury lawsuits? What did they dig up on Obama? Is there someone in Chicago who holds the answers? Wouldn’t they have had standing to research Obama’s BC/driver’s license/school records?

Is that where he got the idea for what he did in his State Senate seat race- using Axelrod’s newspaper connections to get a judge to unseal someone’s divorce records? And most likely when he started sealing his from further review?

journeyintothewhirlwind on March 31, 2011 at 1:05 AM

Yep. I miss San Diego’s weather.
The upcoming summer’s heat and humidity here sucks and annoys me.

OmahaConservative on March 31, 2011 at 12:59 AM

I just returned from sailing 4 days across the Pacific from Hawaii and froze my keister off!!! And Ensenada is so lovely/////

Knucklehead on March 31, 2011 at 1:05 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on March 31, 2011 at 1:02 AM

I hate packing and moving, fwiw.

OmahaConservative on March 31, 2011 at 1:05 AM

Of course he was born in Hawaii. Despite all their tripe about equality, Marxists have always reserved the best of everything for themselves. Not even a commie loon like O’s mother would fly to a 3rd world backwater (even if it was a UK colony then) to have her kid when she had American hospitals at her disposal.

So why the secrecy? Something smells like a 3-day old fish.

Does anyone know what the procedure was in Hawaii in the case of adoptions? If BO was adopted by Soetero, would the original birth record be sealed? (In the situations I’m familiar with, the original records are sealed and a new birth certificate issued in the adoptive name.)

CJ on March 31, 2011 at 1:06 AM

And Ensenada is so lovely/////

Knucklehead on March 31, 2011 at 1:05 AM

Lolz.
Seafood is good, though.

OmahaConservative on March 31, 2011 at 1:06 AM

J.E. Dyer on March 31, 2011 at 12:35 AM

While I agree with you that no one has the testicular fortitude to go after him if he turned out to be ineligible. If they actually did and he was thrown out of office it wouldn’t harm us any more than Nixon being driven from office did.

chemman on March 31, 2011 at 1:09 AM

Knucklehead on March 31, 2011 at 1:05 AM

A balcony and a Brit can do that to ya…

Gohawgs on March 31, 2011 at 1:10 AM

chemman on March 31, 2011 at 1:09 AM

I didn’t feel any harm when Nixon was driven from office, other tan getting stuck with a Ford.

OmahaConservative on March 31, 2011 at 1:11 AM

What happens if there’s a revelation on Obama’s birth and it turns out he was born in Kenya but brought into the US on his mother’s passport when he was less than 6 months old?

Then Obama is not President.

Impeachment for fraud?

If Obama is not the President, he cannot be impeached. In fact, it would also be true that he never was President, so all legislation he signed and all executive orders would be void.

A federal court ruling that he’s ineligible to occupy the office?

No, as soon as the news was public, some other entity would probably ask Obama to leave The White House.

I’m not convinced the people would favor a crisis of government if hard evidence were offered that O was born in Kenya.

They would have no choice. The Constitution would be the final authority.

If a birth in Kenya could be incontrovertibly proven, however, it would presumably force a decision of some kind about Obama’s prospects for 2012.

It would force an immediate decision, too.

Emperor Norton on March 31, 2011 at 1:13 AM

Take 2 ibuprofen and see me in 3 and 3/4 hours, OC…

Gohawgs on March 31, 2011 at 1:13 AM

OmahaConservative on March 31, 2011 at 1:11 AM

than

OmahaConservative on March 31, 2011 at 1:13 AM

Knucklehead on March 31, 2011 at 1:05 AM

Well, well, if it ain’t Ms. Jet-setter.
While you were gone Illinois still sucked.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 31, 2011 at 1:14 AM

Gohawgs on March 31, 2011 at 1:13 AM

More like 2 and 3/4…

OmahaConservative on March 31, 2011 at 1:15 AM

OmahaConservative on March 31, 2011 at 1:11 AM

Nixon’s supporters weren’t inclined to riot.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 31, 2011 at 1:15 AM

More like 2 and 3/4…

OmahaConservative on March 31, 2011 at 1:15 AM

THAT depends on the snooze button…

Gohawgs on March 31, 2011 at 1:16 AM

While you were gone Illinois still sucked.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 31, 2011 at 1:14 AM

Well, of course.
She knew that.
A stinky armpit, rife with corruption and payola.

OmahaConservative on March 31, 2011 at 1:17 AM

Gohawgs on March 31, 2011 at 1:16 AM

And now I gotta’ get my sore old butt back to bed…

OmahaConservative on March 31, 2011 at 1:18 AM

Wish I could drink whisky or coffee right now.
Alas, only water for mr at this hour.

OmahaConservative on March 31, 2011 at 12:46 AM

The Irish invented the Hot Toddy! I swear by it!

I wonder what Kenyans drink?

Marketing 101. The Donald has redefined the Art. The center of gravity in the political world has been to defame the Tea Party as extremest, according to Chucky Cheese Schumer and the socialist democrats. Call it March Madness.

As the Obama would say and the doeth media would follow, a distraction. Let’s us this to our advantage and let Trump run with this till the fall.

Get the message out to the GOP to put debates on level playing ground, and not sponsored by some alphabet liberal media bias. Let’s get FOX to do the debates with Chris Wallace. More people watch Fox News than any of the other media farces.

That would be a Great Debate.

Kini on March 31, 2011 at 1:29 AM

Knucklehead on March 31, 2011 at 1:05 AM

Hope you enjoyed Hawai’i!

Kini on March 31, 2011 at 1:33 AM

Kini,

The GOP candidates should agree on a radical new debate format that excludes the MSM and other institutional liberal sponsors. I.e., a series of national debates hosted and run by C-Span, and regional debates hosted by local affiliates.

rrpjr on March 30, 2011 at 1:58 PM

What do you think of C-SPAN televising the debates. This quote came off of the Reagan Library debate being canx thread…

Gohawgs on March 31, 2011 at 1:39 AM

It would force an immediate decision, too.

Emperor Norton on March 31, 2011 at 1:13 AM

As Plugs Biden said, he’s 2nd inline for Succession.

Maybe Palin has a chance to be First!

Kini on March 31, 2011 at 1:40 AM

What do you think of C-SPAN televising the debates.

Gohawgs on March 31, 2011 at 1:39 AM

No problem with that. Just the moderator.

Kini on March 31, 2011 at 1:41 AM

I think the GOP moderator needs to be someone that is not overtly bias. Gwen Ifll, et al, need not apply.

Kini on March 31, 2011 at 1:43 AM

My posted response to the author of the National Journal piece quoted above (There were no other comments, which leads me to believe they just delete them as they come in):

Lindsay Boerma, maybe when you’re hired at a prestigious news magazine a year out of college (in Malibu, CA) and are still learning about how to be a decent journalist instead of a hack, you forget there’s more to research than surfing the Internet and rehashing incomplete reports from biased, cynical, so-called “fact checkers.”

I don’t have a journalism degree, but I know the difference between a Hawaii Certification of Live Birth and a Hawaii Certificate of Live Birth. The document that Factcheck.org “inspected” is not, as you sloppily called it, “Obama’s birth certificate,” it is the “Certification of Live Birth,” stamped with a seal dated 2007. Obama’s birth certificate — that is, the 1961 document generated within days of his birth, and a copy of which is still somewhere (we are told) in the Hawaii Dept. of Health — has never been revealed publicly, and the President has chosen not to release it.

Trump has shown just how easy it can be done. But rather than speculate as to why the President can’t do the same, you suggest somehow Trump and millions of other Americans are supposed to “let go” of the “birther issue.” You allowed Brooks Jackson to compare the quest for Obama’s contemporaneous birth certificate to “UFO cults” and accusations that President Bush caused the worst terrorist attack in American history. There’s just a little problem with such false parallels: There is no one person who can settle those issues with a single word if they so chose. The two-and-a-half year length of this controversy is due to the then-Senator and now-President’s refusal to provide definitive evidence of his own honesty, and the extravagant legal fees he’s spent keeping the 2007 Certification out of a courtroom where it might be inspected.

For a generation that grew up worshiping Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein as secular saints, it’s unseemly that reporters like yourself are insisting that a President provide LESS transparency, rather than more. Is THAT what they taught you about investigative journalism at Pepperdine? Is it possible you were cutting class on the beach when your professors covered that?

L.N. Smithee on March 31, 2011 at 1:43 AM

I have no problem believing Obama is a natural-born U.S. citizen. I also wonder why people keep comparing a piece of paper to space aliens and 9/11.

Jim Treacher on March 31, 2011 at 1:50 AM

Kini on March 31, 2011 at 1:43 AM

I think Brian Lamb would be objective…

Gohawgs on March 31, 2011 at 1:52 AM

I think Brian Lamb would be objective…

Gohawgs on March 31, 2011 at 1:52 AM

So would Charlie Brooker

Kini on March 31, 2011 at 2:00 AM

Jim Treacher on March 31, 2011 at 1:50 AM

Jim, why would anyone think Trump is a serious candidate?

Kinda relates, don’tcha think?

Kini on March 31, 2011 at 2:02 AM

I’m not up on state laws. Could governors try to pass a law that presidential candidates on the primary and the general election ballots must prove their eligibility? Not just Obama … everybody. If swing states with GOP governors, such as Florida and Ohio, did this, you would force his hand.

Shotgun Messiah on March 31, 2011 at 2:08 AM

Brian Lamb would probably be a good moderator, but I don’t know enough about C-Span’s CEO. I really don’t know what value he would bring to the debates.

Kini on March 31, 2011 at 2:09 AM

The Donald speaks, and America listens:

The 9th US Circuit Court of Appeals agreed today to hear eligibility questions about Obama, and has scheduled oral arguments for May 2.

Emperor Norton on March 31, 2011 at 2:09 AM

Shotgun Messiah on March 31, 2011 at 2:08 AM

Rebar on March 31, 2011 at 2:10 AM

Shotgun Messiah on March 31, 2011 at 2:08 AM

Oh, but some have!

Kini on March 31, 2011 at 2:12 AM

I’m neither a Trump fan nor a birther but it’s fine with me if he want’s to push the issue, but since he’s a RINO and I’m not a birther there’s no way I’m going to back him.

FloatingRock on March 31, 2011 at 2:13 AM

Kini on March 31, 2011 at 2:09 AM

Per wiki, Brian Lamb campaigned for Nixon…Whenever I’ve seen Mr. Lamb, he’s always seemed the “Joe Friday” type…

Gohawgs on March 31, 2011 at 2:15 AM

Jim Treacher on March 31, 2011 at 1:50 AM

Because no piece of paper, photograph, videotape, document or other form of evidence will dissuade a conspiracy theorist who’s become vested into their particular delusion.

I guarantee that if Obama released his “long form” birth certificate, a video taping of the birth, a DNA sample from the placenta, and a sworn statement from the delivering doctor the Birthers would find it inadequate.

Should Obama release his “long form” BC just to shut up those on the fence about it? Yes, he should. Would it do him any good? No, not when it gives him ammo with which to portray his opponents as nutjobs.

Hollowpoint on March 31, 2011 at 2:15 AM

Hollowpoint on March 31, 2011 at 2:15 AM

You are suggesting that our Dingbat Messiah, for the first time in his half century of life, is using guile with this birth certificate deal.

No effing way!

There is something weird on the birth certificate that he does not want anyone to see.

Really Right on March 31, 2011 at 2:21 AM

No, not when it gives him ammo with which to portray his opponents as nutjobs.

Hollowpoint on March 31, 2011 at 2:15 AM

You might be right, 52% electoral netjobs voted for him.

But what advantage other than the sympathy card does keeping the BC on Hawaiian ice? The question has to make inquiring minds want to know?

Kini on March 31, 2011 at 2:23 AM

The newspapers birth announcements back then were always courtesy of the hospitals. Not every birth is announced as patients could opt out of it. But to imply someone would plant a fake announcement – yeah, pretty devious.
In fact the practice probably halted because it was always “Father, mother….”
Marcus on March 30, 2011 at 11:41 PM

It’s always fun when a fella can just pull something outta his rear end and attach “always” and “probably” as his only means of validation.

But the fact is, at least in that era, anybody with a few bucks could buy a birth announcement in a local newspapers. It was a common practice.

For example, if you check with military personnel who had children while stationed overseas during that time, you will learn that it was a very frequent occurrence that the parents would purchase birth announcements in the couple’s respective hometown newspapers. Sometimes also even other relative’s (e.g. grandparents) local newspapers for their braggin’ purposes.

So it was very easy for anyone to do. And if you add in a parent who is desperate to establish citizenship for the child, it’s a logical step to take. As has already been observed, just look at what lengths countless illegals do to appear American-born (e.g. ID theft).

whatcat on March 31, 2011 at 2:25 AM

No effing way!

Really Right on March 31, 2011 at 2:21 AM

Like what? His real father is a space alien named Xcvantuuip from the planet Tushface?

A massive deficit, unemployment through the roof, unsustainable entitlements, a complete lack of leadership, an incomprehensible foreign and domestic policy… and our best hope for beating him in 2012 is what’s on his birth certificate?

If that’s the case, the country better start stocking up on lube, because we’re going to be in for another term of being buggered by Obama.

Hollowpoint on March 31, 2011 at 2:29 AM

Hollowpoint on March 31, 2011 at 2:29 AM

Now, that got me thinking

Kini on March 31, 2011 at 2:35 AM

You might be right, 52% electoral netjobs voted for him.

Kini on March 31, 2011 at 2:23 AM

99.9% of those inquiring minds who want to know wouldn’t vote for him anyways. Would you or anyone else in this thread demanding to see his “long form” BC suddenly decide he was worth voting for in 2012 if only he released it?

I want to see Obama defeated in 2012- badly. However, if I were a Dem advising him, I’d be hard pressed to come up with a reason why he should give in to the demands of those who oppose him. What does he gain from it?

Hollowpoint on March 31, 2011 at 2:35 AM

Proven beyond a reasonable doubt. Hilarious. Barack Obama was born in blank hospital on August 4 , 1961 by blank doctor. These projecting birthers – those who assume he was born in Hawaii – can’t even fill in the blanks. And they pretend that we don’t know that Hawaii would register a birth based on a close relatives say so.

What is it about people who are too stupid to tell the difference between a COLB and a LFBC? We Constitutional Documentarians want to see the latter document. It’s beginning to look like Obama doesn’t have a LFBC on file in Hawaii.

Basilsbest on March 31, 2011 at 2:45 AM

I want to see Obama defeated in 2012- badly.

Hollowpoint on March 31, 2011 at 2:35 AM

So do I friend, so do I.

The “distraction” might work against his most holiness of second comings. We have to remember that teh won’s adulation is primarily driven from the media. Is is that which still drives his popularity.

That will be hard to beat in 2012. A reality check.

As long as Trump keeps the apple cart spilling, the better for us to keep the conservative message within conservative boundaries, and not owned by liberal media.

Let’s see the larger picture.

Kini on March 31, 2011 at 2:49 AM

It’s beginning to look like Obama doesn’t have a LFBC on file in Hawaii.

Basilsbest on March 31, 2011 at 2:45 AM

Neil “Krusty the Clown” Abercrombie couldn’t find it.

Therefore, it doesn’t exist.

Kini on March 31, 2011 at 2:56 AM

However, if I were a Dem advising him, I’d be hard pressed to come up with a reason why he should give in to the demands of those who oppose him. What does he gain from it? Hollowpoint on March 31, 2011 at 2:35 AM

You would be giving him bad advice (if he has a LFBC). More and more people are doubting him on this issue and think he’s got something to hide. Now that a prominent person isn’t afraid of being compared to those vile Truthers, and has the courage to go public with the issue and the skills to make the case, we can expect the number of Constitutional Documentarians to grow exponentially.

Since he doesn’t have a LFBC, he’s stuck with the strategy of having his supporters pretending that there is something wrong with people who want his eligibility proven, rather than assumed. The use of the pejorative Birther, and other name calling, will prove less and less
effective the more people understand the birth registration practices in Hawaii and the difference between a COLB and a LFBC.

Basilsbest on March 31, 2011 at 2:58 AM

I never knew there were birth announcements in the newspaper. And Mr Trump. hospitals sometimes offer it as a free service. In fact it was once quite common. Hospitals asking the parents to sign a waiver the hospital would report that days births to the newspaper, so patients do not have to be “rich” or “famous”. Hospitals sometimes used it as advertising.
Marcus on March 30, 2011 at 11:08 PM

Are you saying the birth announcement was placed by a hospital? Where is your evidence? I didn’t think the MSM bothered to investigate who placed the birth announcement.

Basilsbest on March 31, 2011 at 3:07 AM

Basilsbest on March 31, 2011 at 2:58 AM

It could be the message that keeps the messiah off track.

FUD = Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt

Kini on March 31, 2011 at 3:11 AM

His real father is a space alien named Xcvantuuip from the planet Tushface?

Hollowpoint

You are lacking in logical thinking in at least to major areas:
First, you can only argue against strawmen. (i.e. addressing “aliens” because you have zero ammo to use against the totally rational and valid questions people are actually posing.)

Second, “our best hope for beating him” (another strawman, btw) is a false either-or argument. Of the same variety as “a person can’t be black and a conservative” claim. Your false view would be the same as if the military just issued sidearm – no grenades, rifles, knives,etc. due to some false belief that soldiers should only have one weapon.

whatcat on March 31, 2011 at 3:17 AM

Basilsbest on March 31, 2011 at 3:07 AM

What you mean you don’t trust in facts just freshly removed from someone’s hindquarters???? ;^)

whatcat on March 31, 2011 at 3:20 AM

Right on Donald!

tbear44 on March 31, 2011 at 3:24 AM

Emily Litella: “What’s all this talk about the ‘Bertha shoe’???”

Shy Guy on March 31, 2011 at 3:26 AM

I guarantee you that your argument betrays someone who is overwrought on this issue and a little nuts. Just ask your hero to produce the g-ddamn LFBC.

Basilsbest on March 31, 2011 at 3:28 AM

Besides raising the birth certificate issue, on O’Reilly tonite, Trump’s disgust and disrespect of Obama was all in and very visible. I enjoyed that part of the interview.

It is obvious that O’Reilly now has official kneepads to do daily BJs to Obama, he has jumped the shark, disgusting fool.

Trump did disappoint me on the amnesty issue. He is all for securing the borders, but he wants to look at each of the 15 million individuals to see if they are worthy of staying based on if they have lived their lives properly here. None of them have, they all broke the law and they all have forged ID to work, so send them home.

Trump will be on O’Reilly again on Thursday and Friday this week.

karenhasfreedom on March 31, 2011 at 3:29 AM

Basilsbest on March 31, 2011 at 3:28 AM

I guarantee you that the leftists and “liberal republicans” (interchangeable)will keep on inventing strawmen arguments and offering excuses in desperate attempts to poison the well rather than ever ask: “why can’t Obama produce a LFBC?”.

whatcat on March 31, 2011 at 3:35 AM

Let’s face it, how many of us are entertained by Trump right now? I am thoroughly enjoying this. This guy does scorched earth.

karenhasfreedom on March 31, 2011 at 3:41 AM

Hollowpoint on March 31, 2011 at 2:15 AM

But, so long as it’s kept hidden, we’ll never know will we? You should be advocating the release of the bc to prove that you are right & that we will never be satisified!!111!!eleventy!

Oh, and no one is denying his actual birth and you know that. So keep your gross-out placenta musings to yourself, please. No need for video tape (which of course back in ’61 would’ve been home movie film) or DNA (although, O himself might want a DNA test since he writes in his book he can’t prove his who his dad is…)

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on March 31, 2011 at 3:47 AM

karenhasfreedom on March 31, 2011 at 3:41 AM

Looking fw to the O’Reilly repeat.
Never thought I’d say that.

OmahaConservative on March 31, 2011 at 3:56 AM

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on March 31, 2011 at 3:47 AM

Lolz. Thanks for the laugh, even if it hurts.

OmahaConservative on March 31, 2011 at 3:57 AM

Jim, why would anyone think Trump is a serious candidate?

Kinda relates, don’tcha think?

Kini on March 31, 2011 at 2:02 AM

Not sure I follow…

Jim Treacher on March 31, 2011 at 4:01 AM

I hadda show my birth certificate on a couple of occasions, one showing required for passport. I assume Obama showed his too. So why can`t he just show us and put this behind him.

That is the point Trump is sticking too.

However, I don`t see Obama being greatly affected by such demands to fork over his birth certificate and I don`t see him doing it. He does not get enough pressure from the MSM but they don`t pressure him on nothing anyhow.

The MSM does not report Obama`s truly ass-poor arrogant performance in more important areas across the board, so I do recommend Trump put this on the back burner and go after him for the other stuff.

Not that that will be properly reported either.

Judging by things, I fear there are too many nefarious progressives and their nitwit followers to turn back this horrendous progressive tsunami which has practically swept our nation away.

Obama is so wrong in so many ways I find it difficult to list them. There`s this and then there`s that and on yeah that too and so on.

Listing his achievements is easy on the other hand.

ZERO.

Obama is the Anti-President. Probably got switched with his alter entity like in that Star Trek episode.

In some other dimension we got a good Obama stuck in a . . . .

Ah, forget about it! Obama stinks like a rotten tooth.

He needes to be plucked out.

We may survive until 2012 to see him removed by the electorate, but I am not sure what shape we will be in other than worse than now.

That I am sure of.

So, Trump towers above Obama even with his insane demand to see Obama`s birth certificate. Insane because Obama will never ever show it.

Because he is so very very transparent.

Sherman1864 on March 31, 2011 at 4:13 AM

karenhasfreedom on March 31, 2011 at 3:41 AM

Absolutely, hehehe. And you can bet that while weaselly Republican candidates feel cowed by the media to dissemble and dodge the issue, they love that Trump’s dropping the LFBC bomb. They can take the “plausible deniability” high road but still reap the benefits of Trump’s scorched earth. The good cop/bad cop routine: “Who me? No, it’s Trump that’s bringing it up – personally, I don’t think we should go there. I’m a nice guy.” (followed by indignant harrumphs, of course).

whatcat on March 31, 2011 at 4:14 AM

Trump sounded actually pissed about this BC thing on O’Reilly tonite. I think he is pissed off that Obama has not been open and honest about the whole issue. I think he will keep at this like a tenacious pitbull. Just watch over the next few weeks. We may be surprised how this pans out.

karenhasfreedom on March 31, 2011 at 4:14 AM

I think Trump thinks he is seriously thinking about running for real. He came down decidedly pro life and anti gay marriage. Surprising really. He said his views on abortion have changed and now he is prolife. His anti gay marriage stand actually surprised me since most celebrities try to be hip about this issue.

If he wasn’t a serious candidate, I don’t think he would have put these issues out there so decidedly. He also thinks Obama will switch on the gay marriage issue, implying the guy is flip flopping for convenience of votes.

karenhasfreedom on March 31, 2011 at 4:18 AM

karenhasfreedom on March 31, 2011 at 4:18 AM

Looking fw to the Donald over the next few months. Interesting about his views…

OmahaConservative on March 31, 2011 at 4:23 AM

karenhasfreedom on March 31, 2011 at 4:14 AM

Indeed, and with him being such a high profile guy it makes things even more interesting. Instantly recognizable. Something like the old EF Hutton commercial. He’s been on the national scene for a long time and ain’t going away anytime soon.

whatcat on March 31, 2011 at 4:26 AM

Not sure I follow…

Jim Treacher on March 31, 2011 at 4:01 AM

You don’t think that Trump is just doing this for publicity?

It’s better than a Britney Spears meltdown, and he’s popular.

Kini on March 31, 2011 at 4:30 AM

O’Reilly said Trump will astound us tomorrow in part 2 of the interview. I can’t remember if it was over the Iraq policy or the chinese, I forgot. But O said he actually sat back in his seat based on something Trump says.

I hope Trump runs long enough to be in the early debates to weed out some of the snively, weasley, spineless nancy boys that are expected to be running. With Trump in the debate, we won’t be subjected to waffly answers on things.

karenhasfreedom on March 31, 2011 at 4:31 AM

Kini, if Trumps goes to Iowa, we will know he is serious.

karenhasfreedom on March 31, 2011 at 4:32 AM

Kini on March 31, 2011 at 4:30 AM

Whatever his reason, I’m glad he is there.

karenhasfreedom on March 31, 2011 at 4:31 AM

Anyone who gives O’ pause has my respect.

OmahaConservative on March 31, 2011 at 4:36 AM

Kini, if Trumps goes to Iowa, we will know he is serious.

karenhasfreedom on March 31, 2011 at 4:32 AM

Expect Simon Cowell to be Trump’s publicists.

Kini on March 31, 2011 at 4:37 AM

You don’t think that Trump is just doing this for publicity?
Kini on March 31, 2011 at 4:30 AM

I couldn’t care less why a guy who clearly does not need publicity (how much more famous could he get? lol) is asking why Obama can’t produce his LFBC. I just hope he keeps on making note of that fact at least until Nov 2012.

whatcat on March 31, 2011 at 4:40 AM

O’Reilly said Trump will astound us tomorrow in part 2 of the interview

karenhasfreedom on March 31, 2011 at 4:31 AM

Looking forward to that bilbo episode.

Actually, I like Trump. He’s someone I wouldn’t bet against.

Kini on March 31, 2011 at 4:42 AM

whatcat on March 31, 2011 at 4:40 AM

This puts a new dynamic on the the whole Birther slog.

I’m waiting for the next dreamy quote from the Trump Card.

Kini on March 31, 2011 at 4:46 AM

how much more famous could he get?

whatcat on March 31, 2011 at 4:40 AM

A certain President asked that same question.

At some point, you’ve made enough money…

Elitist, thinking on your part. Please don’t participate in our rallies.

Kini on March 31, 2011 at 4:56 AM

I just hope he keeps on making note of that fact at least until Nov 2012.

whatcat on March 31, 2011 at 4:40 AM

Elitist, thinking on your part. Please don’t participate in our rallies.

Kini on March 31, 2011 at 4:56 AM

My bad!

Sorry, you’re right I jumped the shark.

Kini on March 31, 2011 at 5:16 AM

Trump is mad as hell, and his hair is not going to take it anymore.

Obama is the Peter Principle times a million. Somewhere there’s middle school missing an incompetent but popular-with-the-kids assistant principal….the modern day equivalent of a village idiot.

curved space on March 31, 2011 at 5:30 AM

Wow. Didn’t know Trump was capable of such anger and frustration.
Go Donald.

OmahaConservative on March 31, 2011 at 6:00 AM

Mr. Trump is rightfully raising the questions regarding the president and he is doing it in an appropriate format. Trump has nothing to lose in this and the truth regarding Mr. Obama’s origin is unknown and facts must be presented to quell the dogma. Obama supporters use hyperbole and strident defensiveness to try to fill the void where a fact should be and the truth is, that their stridency cannot fill a fact-sized void.

The theories are that a) there is no BC b) there is a BC. If a) then he is unqualified to hold the office he is in. If b) then there is information upon that document that doesn’t jive with the story–religion, race, date, name or something. If all of those things jive with the “Barack Obama” story, then there’s nothing to hide. If they don’t, then there is a coverup and the burden of proof lies with the birthed. The facts are going to come out and there will be a lot of disappointed people. aw.

ted c on March 31, 2011 at 6:07 AM

Hollowpoint on March 31, 2011 at 2:15 AM

You guarantee it, huh – with what, your own galaxy-sized ego? Wow, ok, you’ve settled everything now!!!

Can you please show all of us how your argument here has a different nature than the one the geniuses, who declare that all criticism of 0bamessiah from the Right is based upon his race, make? Hmmm..I didn’t think you could either.

Do you what “facts” are? Do you know “logical fallacies” are? Do you know what word is used to describe people who presume their speculations are better than those of the people who disagree with them? Go back to school and learn how to make rational arguments, or continue to look like an arrogant dork. Your choice! :)

Bizarro No. 1 on March 31, 2011 at 6:20 AM

Congratulations! You are no longer thinking for yourself.

Yeah, I said it. And I’ve been saying it ever since commentators left AND right (including Allahpundit, Ed Morrissey and Michelle Malkin, among others) have just punted on the issue because they fell for the MSM/Dem spin that anyone who wasn’t convinced by the Daily Kos’ jpeg of the purported 2007 Certification of Live Birth are crazy.

Speaking as a so-called “birther” who tends to believe he was born in Hawaii but allows that there may be a dire reason for his refusal to own up, I for one would have been 100% convinced had Obama issued an authentic copy of his original birth cert with the haste with which Trump produced his own. Now, it’s getting into Al Capone’s vaults territory.

Hollowpoint on March 31, 2011 at 2:15 AM

He’s very glad to have your help, which you are more than willing to give if you can avoid being called a nutjob by people who will never meet you. Good job. Pick up your 30 pieces of silver out back where they threw it.

L.N. Smithee on March 31, 2011 at 6:21 AM

I just bought a copy of Jack Cashill’s book Deconstructing Obama. I have read a few of Jack’s columns at the americanthinker.com and have found his literary evidence regarding the authorship of Obama’s so-called autobiography extraordinarily compelling. Cashill is, for the lack of a better term, a forensic literary scientist and he analyzes word and phrase usage, style, tone, metaphors etc and cannot arrive at the conclusion that Mr. Obama wrote that book–because there is no similar style, phraseology or paper trail preceding the book that would convince someone that Obama could write a book like Dreams. The quality is simply too high for Obama’s skill level as a writer. It’d be like a novice golfer stepping on the golf course and winning the PGA tour one year, it just couldn’t happen. I look forward to reading the book and hope that Ed would maybe do a review. Trump and Andrew Breitbart have also supported Jack Cashill’s thesis regarding authorship. I think that the evidence against Obama authoring that book is overwhelming. The truth will be made known in its time.

ted c on March 31, 2011 at 6:31 AM

CSPAN had this guy on last week and right after him was another segment on Obama’s Kenyan roots. I haven’t watched that hour on my DVR yet.

karenhasfreedom on March 31, 2011 at 6:42 AM

There’s something fishy.

Agreed.

Saltysam on March 31, 2011 at 6:46 AM

Despite that, Trump knows when he’s being jerked around. With this BC and authorship issue, Mr. Trump is telling everyone that he’s being jerked around and doesn’t like it. He’s building Obama up for the moment where he lays out the case against him–China, Brazil, oil, the economy, the authorship, the BC issue, the evidence, his vacations and so on and on…just like he does on Apprentice…and then he’s going to tell him, “Mr. Obama, You’re Fired.” and it’ll be the most vainglorious conglomeration of political and popcultural utterances ever spoken–by one of the most successful US businessmen, to the most fraudulent employee of the US–Barack Hussein Obama.

admit it. It would be epic.

ted c on March 31, 2011 at 7:28 AM

This is a bit fun, Mr. Trump is getting all sorts of face time to promote his television show and the public is getting some seriously interesting information on the workings of the international business world and people with questions on why The Won won’t release his birth certificate are getting respect for their questions. He may or may not be presidential material but he’s doing a public service.

Cindy Munford on March 31, 2011 at 7:37 AM

If Donald would come up with a plan to stop the outsourcing of jobs overseas “and” stop the flow of illegals then he could be POTUS. But it’d have to be a solid, believeable plan. He does seem to have the guts to confront the Left and the MSM and that’s what we need right now. DD

Darvin Dowdy on March 31, 2011 at 7:39 AM

Hollowpoint on March 31, 2011 at 2:15 AM

That explains your righteous indignation, but it doesn’t explain why you’re comparing a piece of paper to 9/11.

Jim Treacher on March 31, 2011 at 7:40 AM

The UFO folks have way better evidence of UFO’s than the American people have of Obama’s long-form BC.

That COLB that was released is the exact, same level as UFO evidence: compelling but not thoroughly convincing.

Mr. Trump, by going after the rule of law and equal application of the law is appealing to Traditionalists… he is ruining that with is illegal immigrant stuff, but it is a fascinating attempt to try and do the first and not the second. I doubt he can win Traditionalists over, but he is one of the few in the GOP that is even trying to do that. If he would straighten out and put forward that one law, equally applied goes for all in this Nation, without exception nor favor, then he would be wholly in the Traditionalist appealing category. No one in the GOP is putting that forward which makes for weak rhetoric and weak support on stances that vary from that standard.

This will make for entertaining media for a few months.

Who knows, maybe the long-form will be discovered in someone’s attic and released.

I’m betting on better UFO evidence, myself.

ajacksonian on March 31, 2011 at 7:42 AM

Jim Treacher on March 31, 2011 at 7:40 AM

Hope the leg is better after the tough no crutches day.

Cindy Munford on March 31, 2011 at 7:42 AM

Ummm, you do know Rinopundit, that Factcheck.org is run by the Annenberg group, as in Chicago Annenberg Challenge that Obama was on the board of during his community agitator days don’t you? Ya think there might be just a little bias or conflict of interest there maybe? Maybe a little outright lying to cover him here and there?

You do know that they have been known to cover or lie for him before right? Here’s one such example (not that we should even need any knowing that Annenbberg runs factcheck-that in and of itself should discredit them) http://patterico.com/index.php?s=garbage+factcheck.org

Sheesh.

dave_ross on March 31, 2011 at 7:53 AM

I have seen Trump’s birth certificate. Have you seen Obama’s?

erbarker on March 31, 2011 at 7:57 AM