Quotes of the day

posted at 10:36 pm on March 18, 2011 by Allahpundit

“Gov. Sean Parnell, Ms. Palin’s fellow Republican and former lieutenant, has announced that it is his top priority to undo parts of major oil tax increases that Ms. Palin made law. He argues that high state taxes, not just federal regulations, are preventing oil companies from exploring new drilling in Alaska and therefore jeopardizing future state revenues…

“And the project Ms. Palin once portrayed as her principal legislative triumph, a plan to build a 1,700-mile natural gas pipeline that she said would transform the economy of Alaska and contribute to America’s domestic energy supply, seems an increasingly distant dream, undercut by low gas prices and more practical projects in other states.

“‘She made it an issue,’ said Mike Chenault, the Republican speaker of the State House, who has sponsored a bill that would end Ms. Palin’s pipeline plan if firm evidence of progress is not documented by this summer. ‘That was the way that Alaska was going to move forward. As of yet, we haven’t, in my opinion, moved one step forward.’…

“‘We’re probably the most fiscally sound state in the union,’ said Bert Stedman, a Republican who is co-chairman of the Senate Finance Committee and one of the Legislature’s most influential members. ‘I’d say she had little to nothing to do with it.’”

***
“The reality doesn’t match up to the Governor Parnell’s claims. The number of oil companies filing with the Alaska Department of Revenue has doubled indicating that competition has indeed increased. Alaska has the second most business friendly tax set-up — up two spots since the passage of ACES. Additionally, a report from Governor Parnell’s Department of Revenue indicated that 2009 yielded a record high in oil jobs. Even more recently, the newest employment numbers from Alaska show that oil job numbers were higher in January 2011 than in January 2010, indicating that jobs are growing at the seasonal level. Parnell argues that state revenues are in jeopardy, but it is estimated that his proposal would reduce revenues by $100-200 million. Governor Parnell is right on other issues, but the numbers tell a different story than he asserts when it comes to ACES…

“Let’s take a look at Senator Stedman’s voting record, shall we? Stedman voted ‘No’ on ACES, which did contribute to Alaska’s $12 billion surplus. However, Stedman did vote ‘Yes’ on Governor Murkowski’s corruption-tainted oil tax plan. Stedman also voted to override Governor Palin’s veto of stimulus funding in 2009.

“Also, as a part of the both the Senate Finance and Legislative Budget and Audit committees since 2005, Stedman helped craft and voted for every operating and capital budget proposal brought before the state Senate. Governor Palin vetoed hundreds of millions of dollars from the FY2008 capital budget alone, and in full made the largest veto cuts in the state’s history. Additionally, Governor Palin cut the state budget by 9.5% during her time as Governor compared to Governor Murkowski, indicating that Governor Palin’s fiscal restraint, not legislative spending, was the cause of Alaska’s fiscal strength. It’s quite obvious that Governor Palin’s record shows far greater fiscal responsibility than Senator Stedman’s, and Governor Palin can rightly take far more credit for Alaska’s fiscal health than Senator Stedman.”

***
“The New York Times just can’t seem to get much of anything right lately. No wonder they’re facing economic and reputation woes. Their article today falsely reporting on my record as governor is full of spin, and I shall call them out on it

“Alaska enjoys a $12 billion surplus thanks to ACES and the sound fiscal policies of my administration. I put billions of dollars aside in savings accounts (though I could have easily spent those billions and made a lot of friends with big-spending legislators on both sides of the aisle), and I continued to veto excess spending and Obama stimulus funds, and chopped earmarks by 86% – much to the chagrin of liberal legislators who were used as “sources” in the article. It’s kind of amusing to see state legislators claim credit for the surplus when they didn’t vote for ACES, and they cried to high heaven when I vetoed their wasteful spending on their special interest projects.

“Of course, I could have made a lot more friends in Juneau if I had spent the surplus. But I chose to put billions in savings for a rainy day and return a portion to the people of Alaska. (It was their money after all.) I paid down hundreds of millions of dollars into our under-funded state pension plans, then set aside another billion for forward-funding education. I fought the union’s demands for more benefits, engaged in hiring freezes, and cut frivolous state expenditures – again, much to the chagrin of those who spend other people’s money recklessly. That’s sound fiscal policy. I’m proud of it, and Alaska is stronger today because of it.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Am I the only one that is happy that “hat” got thrown in there?

MeatHeadinCA on March 19, 2011 at 12:33 AM

Furry Funny. I never had anyone mock my poetry with such an unenforceable, nay, physically impossible, carpet-munching threat like that before.

Geochelone on March 19, 2011 at 12:43 AM

Jealous???

kringeesmom on March 19, 2011 at 12:37 AM

Not really. ;)

MeatHeadinCA on March 19, 2011 at 12:44 AM

That does absolutely nothing to explain the Palin hate Ashley. Sorry,Progressive Conservative Party sounds like an oxymoron. Supporting SDI does nothing for conservative creds.

hboulware on March 19, 2011 at 12:40 AM

Progressive is just another word for liberal which is another word for socialist which is another word for communist.

Tells you all you need to know about Ashley.

In truth, she didn’t support SDI, but I bet she marched with the SDS. (or the Weather Underground)

gary4205 on March 19, 2011 at 12:44 AM

Not to mention that mid 80s was 25 years ago and we are discussing events in this time period.

hboulware on March 19, 2011 at 12:44 AM

Sorry,Progressive Conservative Party sounds like an oxymoron.

hboulware on March 19, 2011 at 12:40 AM

It was. They no longer exist as they disgusted even Canadians with their liberalism. Something called the Reform Party was created and the two merged to create the current Conservative Party. They were basically liberals.

sharrukin on March 19, 2011 at 12:44 AM

Geochelone on March 19, 2011 at 12:43 AM

I want the video!

MeatHeadinCA on March 19, 2011 at 12:45 AM

So would everyone else moron. It’s not supposed to be built until 2022.

BTW, why haven’t you answered the questions?

Why don’t you know the basics of Alaska’s Constitution? The law? You are spewing nonsense without having the first clue about Alaska’s laws.

I bet you don’t even live in Alaska.

Are you in Paris, Germany, or a basement in Chicago?

gary4205 on March 19, 2011 at 12:35 AM

OK, 2022, but by God that is getting late. I fed by dogs Kenai river reds tonight. I heated by house with Mat-Su birch. And Gary, you are curmudgeon but I think deep down you are a good man, like the many people who place their hopes in Sarah Palin.

God bless you, and good night.

AshleyTKing on March 19, 2011 at 12:45 AM

It’s sad to drive the trolls away. I’m impressed about feeding the dogs and heating the house with birch though.

hboulware on March 19, 2011 at 12:48 AM

It’s sad to drive the trolls away.
hboulware on March 19, 2011 at 12:48 AM

Ashley has some stretching to do.

MeatHeadinCA on March 19, 2011 at 12:49 AM

AshleyTKing on March 19, 2011 at 12:45 AM

Good night, and limber up, we are expecting some lively entertainment in 2022.

Geochelone on March 19, 2011 at 12:49 AM

hboulware on March 19, 2011 at 12:48 AM

It really adds that Alaskan touch.

sharrukin on March 19, 2011 at 12:50 AM

Sorry,Progressive Conservative Party sounds like an oxymoron.

hboulware on March 19, 2011 at 12:40 AM

sharrukin on March 19, 2011 at 12:44 AM

True, it was an old historical oxymoron going back to the 1920s. Reform was a decent western party and the Conservative party is the fruit of their hard work, even if PM Harper has been a disappointment on fiscal matters.

Never a pink Tory was I.

AshleyTKing on March 19, 2011 at 12:51 AM

MeatHeadinCA you are a sick but very funny man!! Seriously, was there really Progressive Conservatives? That sounds like well, it’s twisted.

hboulware on March 19, 2011 at 12:52 AM

Never a pink Tory was I.

AshleyTKing on March 19, 2011 at 12:51 AM

Ohhh gosh… she is a Canadian.

No offense, Canop, but I don’t like it when Canadians nose around in my politics.

MeatHeadinCA on March 19, 2011 at 12:53 AM

hboulware on March 19, 2011 at 12:52 AM

I try my best! :D

For the 2nd part, yes. Anthony Weiner. Progressive, fervently trying to conserve NPR.

MeatHeadinCA on March 19, 2011 at 12:55 AM

MeatHeadinCA on March 19, 2011 at 12:53 AM

Canadian’s are known for their Beavers and their Hat-Tricks.

Geochelone on March 19, 2011 at 12:55 AM

MeatHeadinCA on March 19, 2011 at 12:53 AM

I’ll second that.

Christien on March 19, 2011 at 12:56 AM

Canadian’s are known for their Beavers and their Hat-Tricks.

Geochelone on March 19, 2011 at 12:55 AM

Ahem… isn’t Pamella Anderson a Canadian?

MeatHeadinCA on March 19, 2011 at 12:56 AM

You are not allowed to mention Anthony Weiner after I have just consumed food. I hate to throw up. Although watching Megyn Kelly deliver him a smackdown always makes me smile.

hboulware on March 19, 2011 at 12:59 AM

MeatHeadinCA on March 19, 2011 at 12:56 AM

Yep. And she would be outraged at the unrepentant animal cruelty suggested on this site tonight. PETB

Geochelone on March 19, 2011 at 1:00 AM

Never a pink Tory was I.

AshleyTKing on March 19, 2011 at 12:51 AM

So why does a Canadian communist, pretending to be an Alaskan, give a damned about American politics?

Americans don’t tell y’all how to run Canada. Not that many think about Canada much.

You sure are entertaining though. Never seem someone whop could put out so much false information, and left wing talking points with so much gusto!

Don’t spend all of your Obama money in one spot!

gary4205 on March 19, 2011 at 1:01 AM

Geochelone on March 19, 2011 at 1:00 AM

You could probably replace that T with an L or an M.

@hboulware

Sorry, sorry… I forgot. Anthony Pecker will not be mentioned for at least another 15 mins.

MeatHeadinCA on March 19, 2011 at 1:02 AM

Why would a communist Canadian pretending to be an Alaskan spewing Palin hate want to move to Texas? We are not fond of foreigners.

hboulware on March 19, 2011 at 1:04 AM

The Republican Establishment hates Palin almost as much as the liberal Democrats.

That’s a fantastic character reference imo.

Palin 2012

DaMav on March 19, 2011 at 1:08 AM

hboulware on March 19, 2011 at 1:04 AM

Durn right!

Anyway, no seriously, I’d love to hear how the Canadian, communist has the stones to pretend to be an Alaskan Palin-skeptic. Or is it sceptic?

MeatHeadinCA on March 19, 2011 at 1:09 AM

I thought this was a good article and poll analysis of Palin and Obama’s favorable ratings.

The article makes some great points about where the numbers are now, what it means now, and which way the numbers may move in the future and why.

Probably not an article that the Palin detractors would want to read, but I encourage everyone else to check it out. Counters some of the unelectable meme that is always a favorite of Palin’s detractors and the ‘I really, really like her but’ crowd.

Elites Way Off on Palin Electability: Part 1 — The Floor

Part 2 sounds like it will be a good read as well. Here is a little plug for it at end of article.

“And about those ‘controversial’ opinions she holds? What happens when Americans realize that it is those ‘controversial’ opinions that the majority of Americans agree with, often by wide margins. Well, that is a matter for Part 2 of Elites Way Off on Palin Electability.”

chief on March 19, 2011 at 1:13 AM

I’m not sure how you’d spell it. But, man that Ashley is a fruitloop. I’m telling you the they hate on Palin the more they drive me to support her. It’s sick how they hate. The sad thing is they can’t even disguise it and attempt to argue merits. They just get all shifty and and start screaming.

hboulware on March 19, 2011 at 1:14 AM

hboulware on March 19, 2011 at 1:14 AM

To defend Ashley Beav-eh, she’s not your American, lefty loon troll. No, she’s a Canadian “conservative” which is not to be confused with an American conservative. Look, Ashley can’t name any viable (and satisfactory) Constitutional Conservatives … if we went with the Ashley loony-bin plan, we’d never elect a conservative for decades!

MeatHeadinCA on March 19, 2011 at 1:20 AM

OK, guys… gotta run.

Week’s worth of cleaning to get done tonight… or I’m in trouble! ;)

Later

MeatHeadinCA on March 19, 2011 at 1:23 AM

MeatHeadinCA on March 19, 2011 at 1:23 AM

Later.

Geochelone on March 19, 2011 at 1:26 AM

That’s a fantastic character reference imo.

DaMav on March 19, 2011 at 1:08 AM

It’s also as good as inside information in a stock deal. If they hate you, it’s a tip-off that you’re a winner.

rrpjr on March 19, 2011 at 1:27 AM

Dude, that is her plan. I just find PDS repugnant and especially so in women. It smacks of twisted jealousy and a special kind of rage. However, on the establishment right I think it’s more fear driven. Palin is fiscally conservative but not hard core socially. She’s not going to put up with their crap anymore than she does the left.

hboulware on March 19, 2011 at 1:27 AM

Don’t spend all of your Obama money in one spot!

gary4205 on March 19, 2011 at 1:01 AM

Obama is is out-sourcing his troll work now? That’s not going to be very popular with the kos kids.

P. Monk on March 19, 2011 at 1:30 AM

Let me through! I got here late!

Lanceman on March 19, 2011 at 1:56 AM

Don’t spend all of your Obama money in one spot!

gary4205 on March 19, 2011 at 1:01 AM

You sure stay up late for a Texan!

My last donations have been to Red Cross (Japan), Institute for Justice, Pacific Legal Foundation, Tea Party Partiots. Ayn Rand Institute, Allen West, Joe Miller, Ron Johnson, John Raese.

AshleyTKing on March 19, 2011 at 1:58 AM

Lanceman on March 19, 2011 at 1:56 AM

Sir Lanceman, you may speak but don’t take up my share of the bandwidth dude. :)

Geochelone on March 19, 2011 at 1:59 AM

Heh.

Lanceman on March 19, 2011 at 2:00 AM

Has anyone seen the Moon tonight. It is close to a Super-Moon and it is HUGE. Very noticeable. Officially one more day till the real Super-Moon.

Supposedly the apparent diameter is %15 larger than normal but it is very noticeable.

Geochelone on March 19, 2011 at 2:02 AM

Whitney the Pipsqueak, you are a treasure. Thanks for writing this.

Palin’s record suggests she would prioritize reform and otherwise govern pragmatically with a conservative ethos. She’s not going to end SS or Medicare, but she is willing to both advocate and enact the changes we must make to get us back to prosperity. We know she certainly is no tool of the status-quo elite and will agitate for change. We need this, at this moment in time, and while she’s not perfect she possesses skill in these

alwaysfiredup on March 19, 2011 at 2:08 AM

*specific areas.

alwaysfiredup on March 19, 2011 at 2:08 AM

Geochelone on March 19, 2011 at 2:02 AM

That is a big moon out there.

AshleyTKing on March 19, 2011 at 2:18 AM

I think Obama’s approval ratings are hyper, and I mean hyper inflated. Even amongst the most blithering libtards I’ve ever met, find him disgusting. They go way overboard in their admonishments and wishful thinking. It is scary.

betsyz on March 19, 2011 at 2:29 AM

Listening to the live conference in India now on the link from conservatives4palin. Next up is the young man who helped to lead the Egyptian revolt. He is speaking from a satellite feed.

Also, it appears that the Palin talk is at 9 AM EDT. So set your alarm clock. The feed is somewhat choppy and I expect it to be choppier.

The topic that just finished was burquas vs bikinis. It was intersting.

karenhasfreedom on March 19, 2011 at 3:02 AM

Why would I care what a Canadian communist, who pretends to be Alaskan and conservative and who touts leftists in AK, spouts?

I wouldn’t.

Any more than I would click on a NYT article.

Can’t wait for their write-up after Sarah’s India speech and visit with Netanyahu. /

I must say that AP’s round-up was fair and balanced tonight. Thanks, AP, because I really rarely agree with you at all.

Opinionator on March 19, 2011 at 3:39 AM

You LIE, ashleytobama/soros idiot. What are they paying you?

Opinionator on March 19, 2011 at 3:47 AM

Warren Christopher died.
Didn’t realize he was still alive…

OmahaConservative on March 19, 2011 at 4:49 AM

Sarah Palin: tax raising RINO of America’s biggest welfare state.

Hollowpoint on March 19, 2011 at 5:17 AM

Any more than I would click on a NYT article.

Opinionator on March 19, 2011 at 3:39 AM

No worries opinionator, in another week, NYT will be charging for access to their online content. No one other than flaming libs will consider any of their content worth a red cent.

karenhasfreedom on March 19, 2011 at 5:41 AM

I guess ashley’s shift was over, now hollowpoint reporting for duty to spend sorosobama money here spouting off their asssigned talking point slogans for the day.

Have you all noticed how they must have polled the terms “working class”, “koch brothers corporate tax breaks”, etc etc.

That idiot female prof at occy college in LA managed to get all of the slogans in today when she appeared on one of fox shows. I guess she will get extra bonus points for getting them all in during one 3 minute segment. Don’t these talking asshats realize that when they all repeat the SAME FLIPPING PHRASES, that they lose all credibility immediately?

karenhasfreedom on March 19, 2011 at 5:44 AM

The poll that the MSM wants to bury which confirms why Palin has a good shot at beating Obama in 2012:

From Rasmussen Sept 20, 2010:

Whose views are closer to yours? Palin or Obama?

PALIN OBAMA
MODERATES 28 61
LIBERALS 14 85
MAINSTREAM 63 –
POLITICAL CLASS — 68

1000 LIKELY VOTERS FROM BETWEEN SEPT 18-19/2010

technopeasant on March 19, 2011 at 7:30 AM

I don’t hate Palin at all. In fact I admire her, but that does not mean that from time to time I disagree with something she did or said.

I think some of the stuff we hear politicians in Alaska is the usual political posturing from people trying to gain more influence for themselves. And the NYT is just snotty. However, I do think that Palin has lost some of her popularity in her home state. That might be one of the reasons Miller lost.

Terrye on March 19, 2011 at 7:31 AM

technopeasant on March 19, 2011 at 7:30 AM

I would not vote for Obama no matter who he was running against. I would vote for Palin if she got the nomination, but I am in a minority. Unless her numbers go up a lot more and unless his numbers go down a lot more..it is not realistic to think that Palin can beat Obama. In fact, I think he probably hopes she will get the nomination for that very reason.

But anything is possible and a year is an eternity in politics. So maybe things will change by November 2012.

Terrye on March 19, 2011 at 7:34 AM

Terrye on March 19, 2011 at 7:34 AM

If that was the case, Obama’s media minions would be hyping her, not attacking her.

NoNails on March 19, 2011 at 7:49 AM

Terrye on March 19, 2011 at 7:34 AM

Terrye I am a bottom-line person.People have every right in the world to criticize Sarah Palin but where the rubber meets the road and when Nov 6, 2012 rolls around I hope to God there are millions more like you who will reject “the devil they know” for the “devil they don’t know” as voters in 1980 did when they voted for Reagan over Carter.

And believe me in 1980 there were millions who voted for Reagan who were not completely sold on him but they had made the decision that Carter had to go and as they say “the rest is history.”

If the people decide Obama has to go for the good of the nation, then millions like yourself will cast a vote for Palin even though they are not quite sold on her either.

I can live with that.

technopeasant on March 19, 2011 at 7:50 AM

All the MSM polls when it comes to head-to-head matchups with Obama are useless. Jay Cost had a great article today in advising folks to reject those polls and to focus on polls that show what percentage of the vote Obama would get if the 2012 election was suddenly moved up on the calendar:

Example from today:

National Journal poll:

Obama 40%

Someone else 50%

Here’s the link to the Jay Cost article:

By the way earlier in the week Daily Kos asked the same 2012 question and only 45% of respondents would vote to re-elect the President and 51% would vote for the GOP nominee.

And to boot only 36% of WHITE voters would vote for Obama and 56% for the GOP nominee.

If these numbers hold, Obama is going to get blown out in 2012.

technopeasant on March 19, 2011 at 8:02 AM

Sarah Palin: tax raising RINO of America’s biggest welfare state.

Hollowpoint on March 19, 2011 at 5:17 AM

Hollowpoint: Never cites facts. Just gives his opinion.

kingsjester on March 19, 2011 at 8:04 AM

Hi guys! This looked fun.

Cindy Munford on March 19, 2011 at 8:10 AM

Mornin’, Cindy. You’re right. They had a good time without us. Oh, well.

kingsjester on March 19, 2011 at 8:13 AM

Great early morning reading, guys! I’m afraid I’m in the “I like Sarah Palin, but…” crowd. Right now I am not behind any of the likely republican candidates. So, I can be convinced on Palin.

zeebeach on March 19, 2011 at 8:16 AM

…If these numbers hold, Obama is going to get blown out in 2012.

technopeasant on March 19, 2011 at 8:02 AM

Agreed; so why are Republicans so hesitant to declare? Afraid of being called racist? No one wants to be first?

slickwillie2001 on March 19, 2011 at 8:21 AM

Morning everyone.

OmahaConservative on March 19, 2011 at 8:26 AM

OmahaConservative on March 19, 2011 at 8:26 AM

Mornin’, buddy.

kingsjester on March 19, 2011 at 8:29 AM

Sarah Palin: tax raising RINO of America’s biggest welfare state.

Hollowpoint on March 19, 2011 at 5:17 AM

I wonder if a liberal like yourself can explain why it’s a welfare state.

wheelgun on March 19, 2011 at 8:29 AM

This is why they hate her! All this information has done is reaffirm my faith in her and she’s got my vote!

She’s brilliant! They want us to think she’s stupid because she’s so brilliant! She will destroy the libs! She will attack corruption! She will restore our economy and lift America out of this dark pit we have been pulled into by Obama and his Democrats and the RINO’s and deal cutting Republicans!

Sarah Palin is Enemy #1 to the establishment! They fear her! They may hate some of the other Pubs running, but they truly fear Sarah Palin!

God.. protect Sarah Palin!

JellyToast on March 19, 2011 at 8:30 AM

kingsjester on March 19, 2011 at 8:13 AM

One of the bands my son is in had a show last night. Today, if I can get moving, is a Mustang Club Poker Run. That’s a lot for a hermit like me.

Cindy Munford on March 19, 2011 at 8:30 AM

Cindy Munford on March 19, 2011 at 8:30 AM

The bride is coming back tomorrow after being gone to Disney World since last Friday. Friends of ours paid for everything. I had to work. I guy I worked with in the 80s rebuilt Mustangs. He had a yellow one with a black rag top.

kingsjester on March 19, 2011 at 8:33 AM

slickwillie2001 on March 19, 2011 at 8:21 AM

they are waiting for gov Palin to make a decision because her being in or out of the race will determine to alarge degree who is or isn’t able to compete. If Palin gets in then most likely the little names will be totally eclipsed. If she stays out people like barbour and huntsman might be able to attract enough interest.

unseen on March 19, 2011 at 8:43 AM

I wonder if a liberal like yourself can explain why it’s a welfare state.

wheelgun on March 19, 2011 at 8:29 AM

i’ll take a shot…..because the feds/state own 99% of the land?

unseen on March 19, 2011 at 8:48 AM

unseen on March 19, 2011 at 8:43 AM

Our problem there is that Palin says she will run if no one that she thinks can do the job enters, ie a true conservative. If they are waiting for her, we are deadlocked.

slickwillie2001 on March 19, 2011 at 8:51 AM

kingsjester on March 19, 2011 at 8:33 AM

Your wife had perfect weather for her trip. We have two, on the newer side, Mustangs . For two people they are great, anything else is a pain.

Cindy Munford on March 19, 2011 at 8:57 AM

unseen on March 19, 2011 at 8:48 AM

I think government is the largest employer also. But shot, we are all headed there.

Cindy Munford on March 19, 2011 at 8:58 AM

Cindy Munford on March 19, 2011 at 8:57 AM

Yep. I had a couple of buddies in high school that had the white ones with the blue stripe, like Farrah drove in Charlie’s Angels.

kingsjester on March 19, 2011 at 9:01 AM

Cindy Munford on March 19, 2011 at 8:57 AM

Wish I’d kept my ’65 Mustang I bought in ’73 from my boss. A real beaut.

OmahaConservative on March 19, 2011 at 9:05 AM

For you skeptics you think Palin is not going to run for President why do you think Palin is traveling to India and Israel and meeting with some very influential world leaders:

1)As a private citizen she had nothing better to do with her time

2)Shopping and to pick up souvenirs

3)For her health

4)So Sarah and Todd could have some private time to themselves

5)Sightseeing tour of both countries

6)She is not actually going to appear in person; that will be her stand-in double; meanwhile she will be at home baking cookies in Wasilla

7)These leaders must have ingested some crazy pills recently to invite Sarah Palin to their countries. Is the whole world insane?

8)To make people forget Obama is traveling to Rio this weekend

9)To do research on her next book

10)She won the trip as part of a raffle.

technopeasant on March 19, 2011 at 9:06 AM

Re Trolls –

Does anyone know if they get paid by the word, the posting
or only if their comments are factual and thought provoking?

If its the latter, I hope they have a day job.

Amjean on March 19, 2011 at 9:07 AM

Here is the best illustration of why the elitist political establishment and groupies hate Sarah. She is honest, works for the people and uses common sense to attack issues. Obama’s budget is best example of political nonsense ever produced. It’s been shown to be nonsense so just compare his actions with hers. Sarah wins hands down. GO SARAH!

Herb on March 19, 2011 at 9:07 AM

I don’t know to what extent ACES will actually change, if it does at all, but I know that the oil companies would be pretty foolish to back out of Alaska without a very sound economic reason for doing so.

gryphon202 on March 18, 2011 at 11:42 PM
they may get the numbers lowered to some extant but IMO Parnell is being played by the oil companies or he is in league with them. the facts do not support his argument of lower investment.

unseen on March 18, 2011 at 11:45 PM

Excellent point – Parnell is probably being played – and he may be trying to put his own “Parnell Stamp” on the program. I think the oil companies sense weakness in him and are trying to increase their profits.
Its about the money! Isn’t it always?!

Amjean on March 19, 2011 at 9:14 AM

slickwillie2001 on March 19, 2011 at 8:51 AM

and thus the reason no one has entered yet. Palin is setting the narrative here. If the others get in then she can say none are conservaitves. If they don’t get in they are seen waiting for Palin’s decision. the longer the stalemate goes on the more people will see that Gov Palin is the reason for the others delays. Or in other words people will begin to understand the followers are awaiting the leaders decision on what she will do beofre they make their own.

Very smart play here by Gov Palin.

unseen on March 19, 2011 at 9:20 AM

If there is a pipeline by 2015 being built, I’ll eat my beaver hat.

AshleyTKing on March 19, 2011 at 12:30 AM
Am I the only one that is happy that “hat” got thrown in there?

MeatHeadinCA on March 19, 2011 at 12:33 AM

Good one!

Amjean on March 19, 2011 at 9:23 AM

NY times to Sarah Palin:

“Now go home and get your shine box.”

Sarah Palin to New York Times:

“Now, where did I put that Louisville Slugger? On, HERE it is!”

Palin/West 2012

Naturally Curly on March 19, 2011 at 9:26 AM

Its about the money! Isn’t it always?!

Amjean on March 19, 2011 at 9:14 AM

true….

unseen on March 19, 2011 at 9:27 AM

Palin’s speech in India think it comes on at 10:00am

live stream

unseen on March 19, 2011 at 9:31 AM

Is ACES causing a slow down or Obamas nonexistent energy policy?

hboulware on March 19, 2011 at 12:03 AM

Both, probably the federal more than the state.

AshleyTKing on March 19, 2011 at 12:18 AM

I know someone already provided a link, but I think you should really go there.
As a North Dakotan, I understand there is way more to getting pipelines built than just having your state govt set things up to make it possible.
The feds & the EPA must be dealt with.
This process can take YEARS with envio reports & assessments, dealing with local landowners, state govt regs, EPA regs, permits out the wazoo, & then oyu have lots of enviro groups holding stuff up all the time & adding years to the process by filing procedural lawsuits to get some of that EAJA money.
Now notice you just effing admitted here that the feds are basically holding things up.
So how is this Palin’s fault?
You have not even given any info on how this pipeline process has been stopped as you claim.
And there is obviously a schedule in place.
The pipeline that runs through WY & through SW ND just got put in, but that took years of planning. It had been in the works for a while.
Pipelines are going up all over up here & evidently Canada.
So AK has much incentive to produce theirs bcs we can all link up to provide the flow of more product.
If you are Canadian, are you now an American citizen? Bcs if not, then your voice in all of this means basically squat & you’re = to Drywall’s irrelevant rantings.
I read through all of your posts here & you provide nothing but liberal examples of why Palin is ‘bad’.
If you are the kind of people that are inhabiting AK, no wonder there was/is such corruption.
Look at the effing TIMELINE of the project.
It doesn’t look like fantasy to me.
And anyone who is a part of a ‘Progressive Conservative’ political group is nothing more than a busy body liberal.
I’m pretty sure that’s how Pres. Wilson would describe himself these days. He was nothing but a destructive liberal.
Your musings are nothing short of communist-based.
Your time in Canada has effed up your thought process so badly that you actually think a Conservative can also be Progressive.
Progressives want socialism.
I doesn’t matter how you slice it. That is what progressivism IS. It IS socialism.
Americans did not set up a progressive govt back in the 1776 days.
We are a Republic.
A progressive govt destroys those ideals.
you are no scholar of American history.
Progressivism is at odds with the Const.
Bcs the Const is NOT a living breathing document.
It’s STATIC.
I guess I cannot expect a Canadian, or one with Canadian ties, to understand that.
And I feed my cows in the winter when it gets cold here in sub zero ND-land & I have to ride my horse in -20-30 temps & work cows sometimes. I also heat my home with a wood stove & am self sufficient. doesn’t make me some heroic effing pioneer.
Feeding your dogs in AK & heating crap with birch doesn’t make you some pioneer.
If you were a true pioneer, you wouldn’t vie for a progressive govt.

Badger40 on March 19, 2011 at 9:47 AM

quote #1 by Yardly, NYT
quote #2 by Pitcher, Breitbart’s Big Government
quote #3 by Palin, Facebook

Not unusual for a NYT to write articles based upon quotes from diddlysquat Democrat pissants.

maverick muse on March 19, 2011 at 10:25 AM

If you were a true pioneer, you wouldn’t vie for a progressive govt.

Badger40 on March 19, 2011 at 9:47 AM

Amen sister!!! The last thing self sufficient types want is some gubmit telling us what to do, how to do it, for how long, with paperwork in triplicate.

You’ve spent so much time with cows that you know your BS a mile away. You’ve inspired me now, I may get off my butt and make some jam.

kringeesmom on March 19, 2011 at 10:40 AM

get off my butt and make some jam.

kringeesmom on March 19, 2011 at 10:40 AM

Good luck with that. I really suck at making jelly. All I seem to ever get most of the time is syrup!
Jam is a bit easier.

Badger40 on March 19, 2011 at 11:03 AM

Palin’s speech at the India Today Conclave just started a few moments ago:

steebo77 on March 19, 2011 at 11:03 AM

Jam is a bit easier.

Badger40 on March 19, 2011 at 11:03 AM

I always get a big hard glob that looks something like a hard candy in a jar. Jam is easier by far, must be that I’m pectinally challenged.

kringeesmom on March 19, 2011 at 11:12 AM

unseen

I’m so glad that Palin is visiting India. There’s no better way to experience the foreign than first hand. And imho, unlike other nations in that general region, India is a catalyst for America to affirm our mutual political/cultural global alliance.

It isn’t that America and India are the same at all, but that we’re mutually compatible, tolerant and appreciative, and that we’ve a shared history under British Colonialism with acknowledged immense distinctions even there.

And as thing stand against the globalizing growth of the current Islamist Sharians, India has centuries of experience that America utterly lacks, maintaining their own identity whether Hindu, Jain or Buddhist while the Muslim conquerors invaded, in dhimmi coexistence while dominated (even by the British and Germanic Christians), and in tolerance while independent.

No, I am not advocating that Americans conform our governance to the massive Bureaucracy espoused in India. Nor would I ever advocate the caste cultural state of affairs in India. Nothing’s perfect in practice, here or there. And how better to go figure than to be there? I wonder whom Palin is meeting with in India.

maverick muse on March 19, 2011 at 11:13 AM

Sarah Palin calls for the correct action in Libya three weeks ago and is in the area today. Obungler waffles for three weeks, makes the call way late and is in Rio. Now, remember who is the idiot and who is the genius.

SurferDoc on March 19, 2011 at 11:14 AM

Would that REPUBLICANS would stop accepting the premise created by the Leftist attack machine that Sarah Palin is unqualified to lead this country.

She has more testicular fortitude for leadership than ANY of the so-called “front-runners” the GOP establishment is trying to foist upon us.

IronDioPriest on March 19, 2011 at 11:21 AM

Well she just finished her speech. Currently waiting for the Palin trolls to come out of the wood work.

Criticism predictions:
-That speech was too scripted.
-She didn’t focus enough on policies like energy or the economy.
-Somehow she’ll manage to offend some Indian leftist and therefore ALL of India.
-She did not pronounce those Indian cities correctly.

And where would we be without the usual
-Sarah’s stupid.
-I hate Sarah Palin.
-I REALLY like her, but she’s just not presidential material.

xax on March 19, 2011 at 11:34 AM

steebo77

Thanks for the link.

Listening, two things that didn’t set right imo:

“God given rights” — American expressions originating from Christian heritage doesn’t exactly translate in India.

Also, India is staunchly bureaucratic. Their leaders expressed one matter of gratitude from their British colonial experience being the establishment of bureaucracies that provide so many in India JOBS.

Indian Response and Dialogue with Palin:

Less government with more governance.
Ideal free markets, more free trade between America/India.
Less government, as potus, what of bail-outs? Palin, if facing a meltdown, what of huge government banking bail-outs? Not allowing politicians to select who gets the benefit of tax funds, even as bail-outs. Business most prove its own validity.
What of outsourcing: Grateful for free trade, free market promotion. Gratitude to India for free travel through the Indian Ocean. And what of India’s relations with China (Palin asked)?
Palin claims pro-freedom-fighters decisively, vs. dithering Obama. Marines into Libya? Troops on ground, no, no need there in order to enforce the no fly zone.
From India to Palin, what of US and China relations?
Palin, our link is that we owe. China has a choice to seek human rights and democracy. We and India must make sure of our expectations for China, economic concerns manipulating energy and trade barriers, huge military concerns over their stockpiles and newest buildup, vigilance needed by USA, exert “constructive pressure” against China.
Tea Party, redefinition of conservatism in America, Independent rather than partisan, constitutional conservancy for smaller/smarter government, growing grassroots and beautifully leaderless.
Political process, learning experience from McCain’s potus campaign? #1 Can’t trust the MSM to be accurate; you must set the record straight independently.

maverick muse on March 19, 2011 at 11:39 AM

xax on March 19, 2011 at 11:34 AM

Yes. Analyze to the nth degree. Negative negative negative.
Seems a lot of Americans are not ready for a woman POTUS.
A woman who is strong & natural & acts normal.

Badger40 on March 19, 2011 at 11:41 AM

unseen on March 19, 2011 at 8:43 AM

Heh. SP is the 800 lb mama grizzly living rent free in BLM, Donk, RINO & Squishy heads. The only ones that have a good word for SP are coming from the Fiscal Conservatives.

AH_C on March 19, 2011 at 11:50 AM

maverick muse on March 19, 2011 at 11:39 AM

I don’t think “God-given rights” would offend Indian sensibilities. In my experience, as a multi-ethnic, multi-religious nation, the Indian people are used to the language of various religions being used in political dialogue, and would interpret that phrase to be equivalent to “Gods-given rights,” “nature-given rights,” “lifeforce-given rights,” etc., etc., etc.

As far as bureaucracies go, the Indian government is notoriously bureaucratic, but has also received much praise in recent decades for dismantling a lot of the red tape and cronyism that held the economy back. Judging by her host’s response, to the portions of her speech emphasizing smaller, smarter government and free markets were very well-received and struck a chord with the audience.

steebo77 on March 19, 2011 at 12:03 PM

After listening to Palin’s comments in India in which she emphasized the importance of expanded domestic energy production, I’m now watching Obama speaking in Brazil. He’s blathering on and on about how he looks forward to expanded energy production in Brazil and can’t wait for the U.S. to become an even bigger consumer of Brazilian energy resources. The contrast couldn’t be clearer.

steebo77 on March 19, 2011 at 12:12 PM

okay, this is just plain stupid.

the “pipeline” will only start when (more like if) FERC decides to sign the contract. in 2 yrs! 2 freaking years!!!! Most people in industry which include the large producing comps and the independents are thinking it is never going to happen and are looking for the all alaska pipeline route now.

At this moment, no one (transcanada and denali) are buying pipe for either job here in alaska and setting it up for storage. WE don’t manufacture it up here so wouldn’t it be prudent to start ordering it now if they thought they were going to get the pipe since there is such a backlog in trying to buy it? Months of waiting for pipe!

There are also no permitting concerning environmental bs on burying pipe, nor speaking with the natives about their land. nothing. Not even a public forum or opinion to be sent in. I have yet to hear a go on anything.

Everyone industry wise is waiting on the FERC to see what they may say.

upinak on March 19, 2011 at 12:14 PM

maverick muse on March 19, 2011 at 11:13 AM

Not sure who she is meeting with. She was just talking to the opposition leader at the conclave after the Q A speech. The Indian community is very important in the USa Many profressionals Doctors, professors etc…..

the speech and Q and A were great

unseen on March 19, 2011 at 12:20 PM

As long as we have President “Present!”, I don’t see how anyone can criticize Palin. I have more respect for a person that makes the unpopular decisions, than the one who worries more about their NCAA tourney bracket!

Esmerelda on March 19, 2011 at 12:36 PM