Quotes of the day

posted at 10:36 pm on March 18, 2011 by Allahpundit

“Gov. Sean Parnell, Ms. Palin’s fellow Republican and former lieutenant, has announced that it is his top priority to undo parts of major oil tax increases that Ms. Palin made law. He argues that high state taxes, not just federal regulations, are preventing oil companies from exploring new drilling in Alaska and therefore jeopardizing future state revenues…

“And the project Ms. Palin once portrayed as her principal legislative triumph, a plan to build a 1,700-mile natural gas pipeline that she said would transform the economy of Alaska and contribute to America’s domestic energy supply, seems an increasingly distant dream, undercut by low gas prices and more practical projects in other states.

“‘She made it an issue,’ said Mike Chenault, the Republican speaker of the State House, who has sponsored a bill that would end Ms. Palin’s pipeline plan if firm evidence of progress is not documented by this summer. ‘That was the way that Alaska was going to move forward. As of yet, we haven’t, in my opinion, moved one step forward.’…

“‘We’re probably the most fiscally sound state in the union,’ said Bert Stedman, a Republican who is co-chairman of the Senate Finance Committee and one of the Legislature’s most influential members. ‘I’d say she had little to nothing to do with it.’”

***
“The reality doesn’t match up to the Governor Parnell’s claims. The number of oil companies filing with the Alaska Department of Revenue has doubled indicating that competition has indeed increased. Alaska has the second most business friendly tax set-up — up two spots since the passage of ACES. Additionally, a report from Governor Parnell’s Department of Revenue indicated that 2009 yielded a record high in oil jobs. Even more recently, the newest employment numbers from Alaska show that oil job numbers were higher in January 2011 than in January 2010, indicating that jobs are growing at the seasonal level. Parnell argues that state revenues are in jeopardy, but it is estimated that his proposal would reduce revenues by $100-200 million. Governor Parnell is right on other issues, but the numbers tell a different story than he asserts when it comes to ACES…

“Let’s take a look at Senator Stedman’s voting record, shall we? Stedman voted ‘No’ on ACES, which did contribute to Alaska’s $12 billion surplus. However, Stedman did vote ‘Yes’ on Governor Murkowski’s corruption-tainted oil tax plan. Stedman also voted to override Governor Palin’s veto of stimulus funding in 2009.

“Also, as a part of the both the Senate Finance and Legislative Budget and Audit committees since 2005, Stedman helped craft and voted for every operating and capital budget proposal brought before the state Senate. Governor Palin vetoed hundreds of millions of dollars from the FY2008 capital budget alone, and in full made the largest veto cuts in the state’s history. Additionally, Governor Palin cut the state budget by 9.5% during her time as Governor compared to Governor Murkowski, indicating that Governor Palin’s fiscal restraint, not legislative spending, was the cause of Alaska’s fiscal strength. It’s quite obvious that Governor Palin’s record shows far greater fiscal responsibility than Senator Stedman’s, and Governor Palin can rightly take far more credit for Alaska’s fiscal health than Senator Stedman.”

***
“The New York Times just can’t seem to get much of anything right lately. No wonder they’re facing economic and reputation woes. Their article today falsely reporting on my record as governor is full of spin, and I shall call them out on it

“Alaska enjoys a $12 billion surplus thanks to ACES and the sound fiscal policies of my administration. I put billions of dollars aside in savings accounts (though I could have easily spent those billions and made a lot of friends with big-spending legislators on both sides of the aisle), and I continued to veto excess spending and Obama stimulus funds, and chopped earmarks by 86% – much to the chagrin of liberal legislators who were used as “sources” in the article. It’s kind of amusing to see state legislators claim credit for the surplus when they didn’t vote for ACES, and they cried to high heaven when I vetoed their wasteful spending on their special interest projects.

“Of course, I could have made a lot more friends in Juneau if I had spent the surplus. But I chose to put billions in savings for a rainy day and return a portion to the people of Alaska. (It was their money after all.) I paid down hundreds of millions of dollars into our under-funded state pension plans, then set aside another billion for forward-funding education. I fought the union’s demands for more benefits, engaged in hiring freezes, and cut frivolous state expenditures – again, much to the chagrin of those who spend other people’s money recklessly. That’s sound fiscal policy. I’m proud of it, and Alaska is stronger today because of it.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

They just need to rejigger it so that President Obama’s open hostility to oil drilling, along with the ginormous economic sh!t sandwich we’re all eating, doesn’t scare the oil companies away from Alaska altogether.

gryphon202 on March 18, 2011 at 10:43 PM

the fact that gov Parnell who won reelection by 20pts does not have enough support to get ACES changed shows you how well liked the ACES bill is by everyone but Big Oil.

unseen on March 18, 2011 at 11:30 PM

250K SEIU thugs trying to figure out where she lives?

MeatHeadinCA on March 18, 2011 at 11:02 PM

Hey hey
Ho ho
Sarah Palin
Rides on snow.

Hey hey
Ho ho
Is Palin running?
Would you like to know?

Hey hey
Ho ho
When Ashley’s trolling
The Hate does flow.

Geochelone on March 18, 2011 at 11:31 PM

Ashley, I care about all those things also. However, reality in politics means giving some to get some. While her judicial nominations may be in question that is not what I asked. Do you not like Palin because she’s not a strict socon or what? Also, Cains socon positions aren’t much different from hers so what’s the difference?

hboulware on March 18, 2011 at 11:31 PM

Sarah Palin will give speech in India tomorrow, Saturday,
at approximately 10:00 – 10:30 AM EST.

Sarah Palin will meet with Israel’s Prime Minister on her
way back from India.

Sarah Palin gives speech in Florida on Wednesday.

Amjean on March 18, 2011 at 10:53 PM

Thanks.

rrpjr on March 18, 2011 at 11:31 PM

Lisa Munchausen and her Korrupt Kronies is AK must be working overtime to provide fodder for the NYT.

onlineanalyst on March 18, 2011 at 11:31 PM

Palin is a populist johnny-come-lately Tea Party narcissist.

She is a true McCain Republican. Good here and there but a disaster on the whole.

AshleyTKing on March 18, 2011 at 11:05 PM

Palin has been serving for 20 years you delusional troll. Serving as a Reagan Conservative.

McCain asked her to join his team. She was supposed to turn him down and just let Obama walk away with the nomination?

Go back to Trolls-Are-Us and get some smarter talking points. Yours are just too stupid for words.

gary4205 on March 18, 2011 at 11:32 PM

Why does she bother to respond everytine someone lies about her? Its just not worth the energy. She’s not running anyway, so who cares what the liar in AK says?

KMC1 on March 18, 2011 at 11:33 PM

There is no schedule…

AshleyTKing on March 18, 2011 at 11:30 PM

Yes there is.

spinach.chin on March 18, 2011 at 11:33 PM

unseen on March 18, 2011 at 11:30 PM

My understanding is that ACES will remain unchanged in principle, although the actual percentages will be renegotiated. It would be downright foolish to stick with a plan that would scare the oil companies away, considering what a big source of revenue they are for the state and its people.

gryphon202 on March 18, 2011 at 11:34 PM

Romney, T-Paw and Daniels are too too… Huckabee is not going to run (thank goodness).. I voted for Romney in the primary… but am no longer a fan… If Romney has a stalking horse, my money is on Daniels. Cain is starting to get attacked by the left (what with the recent monkey comment).. NRO and Weekly Standard like Romney/T-Paw and Daniels.. good enough for me to run screaming away. I want anti-establishment.. I want someone who can debate Obama and overcome him with facts, while he stammers along. McCain did a miserable job at the debates (and the campaign in general). Palin did much better against Biden, and she gets better all the time.. she will need to have a lot of practice to go up against the One. OTH Cain could wipe the floor with Obama, look what he did to Clinton… The downside of Cain is the cancer stuff, watch for the compassionate / color blind left to start to make it a big deal in the near future.

kringeesmom on March 18, 2011 at 11:34 PM

I care about fiscal conservatism. Strong families, strong defense too. But limited government as a reality, not an easy sound bite.

AshleyTKing on March 18, 2011 at 11:23 PM

“Only government can break the vicious cycles that are crippling our economy” – BO
The New New Deal as I call it.

A sound bite or reality with the current POTUS?
Are we are heading in the wrong direction with current policy?
Who talks about responsibility? About the individual?

Electrongod on March 18, 2011 at 11:34 PM

Would you happen to have a link to that story?

News2Use on March 18, 2011 at 11:29 PM

AshleyTKing on March 18, 2011 at 11:34 PM

A downpayment on the repairs to the oil pipeline that is running dry. And as we pursue fairy dreams of natural gas, oil decline will be a greater economic disaster than Easter 1964.

AshleyTKing on March 18, 2011 at 11:27 PM

the oil pipeline is running dry because the fields have been in operation since the 1970′s. ACES allows the oil companies tax credits for repairs to infrastructe something Gov Murkowski’s taxes did not and lead to the failure of the oil compnaies to make needed repairs. Gov Murkowski’s tax bill also did not incentivize oil compnaies to risk new wells. ACES does and it is causing more new wells and new sites to be explored and tapped…..

Again let me repeat $12 BILLION DOLLAR SURPLUS. Spin it how you want. GOV PALIN LEFT THE STATE OF AK WITH A $12 BILLION DOLLAR SURPLUS……

ROFLMAO……$12 Billion dollar surplus.

this one fact alone if it is allowed to get out will ensure Gov Palin’s nomination.

unseen on March 18, 2011 at 11:35 PM

A sound bite or reality with the current POTUS?
Are we are heading in the wrong direction with current policy?
Who talks about responsibility? About the individual?

Electrongod on March 18, 2011 at 11:34 PM

Give it up. You’re trying to convince someone who’s beyond convincing.

gryphon202 on March 18, 2011 at 11:37 PM

Is Ashley from Alaska?

shomegirl on March 18, 2011 at 11:13 PM

She is passing herself off as Alaskan, but unless she wants to violate the terms of this board and give an address (NOTE TO WIELDER OF BANHAMMER I AM NOT CALLING FOR HER TO DO SO) there is no way to know for certain.

Also personally I could care less what the “Young Republicans from Alaska” or anyone else thinks. I can make up my own mind thank you very much.

I was often told that in my life by others who thought they knew best that I would be unable to do things or shouldn’t try for things.
First that I would never get out of SpEd categorization and succeed in school. -But I did
Then that I wouldn’t graduate high school. -Top 20% of my class of ’05 thank you very much doubters
Then that I couldn’t serve my country from birth defects.-Lied my way into my ROTC unit and was kicked out when they figured out. Did 3 years in the Virginia Tech Corps of Cadets in spite of this. And then tried to enlist in the Army.
Then that I couldn’t get anyone to love me with my social skills (or lack thereof).-Well guess what it’s hard and painful as hell but I’m doing it.

You can do ANYTHING you put your mind to. If Sarah Palin WANTS to be President of the United States and tries to run, I will damn well stick by MY convictions and back her.

Otherwise…well (shudder)-in order of most to least palatable

Newt Gingrich
Herman Cain
Rudolph Guiliani<—-Not certain he is running again
Mitt Romney

Yuck, can't even believe I typed those words.

SgtSVJones on March 18, 2011 at 11:37 PM

gryphon202 on March 18, 2011 at 11:34 PM

yes that is the plan but even with that limited attempt o change it, gov Parnell does not have the votes to do so. which again shows you that ACES is well liked and well respected by the people of AK. the facts also show that regardless of what oil campanies claim they continue to invest in AK oil.

Parnell uses North Dakota as an example. but ND is a “new find” and the build up there is more a function of bigger fields than the ones the oil compnaies can legally drill for in AK at the moment. If ANWR is opened up those numbers turn around the next day….

unseen on March 18, 2011 at 11:39 PM

unseen on March 18, 2011 at 11:39 PM

Hell, with the know reserves we have nationwide, we could completely kibosh our dependence on foreign oil for at least 15 years! And that’s just with the reserves we know we can get right now!

I don’t know to what extent ACES will actually change, if it does at all, but I know that the oil companies would be pretty foolish to back out of Alaska without a very sound economic reason for doing so.

gryphon202 on March 18, 2011 at 11:42 PM

Still, I supported him. He would have been great in DC.

AshleyTKing on March 18, 2011 at 11:29 PM

He would have been better than Lisa but I stopped giving him money the moment he distanced himself from GOv Palin. Knew he would lose from that point on. It was a rookie mistake and his advisors gave him very bad advice. I blame Huck’s ego for Miller’s loss more than anything else…

unseen on March 18, 2011 at 11:42 PM

gryphon202 on March 18, 2011 at 11:37 PM

Good advice. :)

Electrongod on March 18, 2011 at 11:43 PM

And why is that? Was McCain going to be a thorn to her in the future or maybe having McCain in his position might serve a greater cause…in the near future. Why burn your bridges.

Electrongod on March 18, 2011 at 11:24 PM

Palin more loyal to McCain than McCain to Palin… Loyalty is a sign of integrity in my book.

kringeesmom on March 18, 2011 at 11:44 PM

AshleyTKing on March 18, 2011 at 11:30 PM

AGIA is on schedule and moving forward as planned. It’s set to be completed around 2022. To say that it’s a “failure” because it’s not finished yet is ridiculous. And, yes, there is a schedule:

As for her Supreme Court appointment, Alaska adheres to the Missouri Plan for judicial appointments. New potential appointees are selected by the Alaska Judicial Council and then those names are submitted to the governor to choose from. Palin was given only two names to choose from — one liberal and one super liberal. She chose the least liberal of the two options before her. If you have a problem with that, change the state’s constitution. Don’t attack a governor for fulfilling her constitutional duty which she swore an oath to do.

As for her not being a “real” constitutional conservative, that’s utterly absurd. Adhering to the Alaska constitution was one of the central themes of her 2006 gubernatorial campaign. She was a constitutional conservative before being such a thing was in vogue.

ramrocks on March 18, 2011 at 11:44 PM

gryphon202 on March 18, 2011 at 11:42 PM

They have absolutely no intention of doing so, but they will make noises about it as a negotiating tactic to get a better deal.

sharrukin on March 18, 2011 at 11:44 PM

gryphon202 on March 18, 2011 at 11:42 PM

they may get the numbers lowered to some extant but IMO Parnell is being played by the oil companies or he is in league with them. the facts do not support his argument of lower investment.

unseen on March 18, 2011 at 11:45 PM

sharrukin on March 18, 2011 at 11:44 PM

You know, from what I understand of the business, I hope you’re right. It seemed to me at the time ACES went through, that it allowed for the most flexibility in getting the best deal possible for future generations. I’d hate for Parnell to screw up a good thing.

gryphon202 on March 18, 2011 at 11:47 PM

She was a constitutional conservative before being such a thing was in vogue.

ramrocks on March 18, 2011 at 11:44 PM

she coined the term literally

unseen on March 18, 2011 at 11:47 PM

The GOP will betray you.

Oh wait.

CWforFreedom on March 18, 2011 at 11:47 PM

$12 BILLION DOLLAR SURPLUS……..LOL…

Mitt? Mitch? TPAW? your response?

Beuller?

unseen on March 18, 2011 at 11:48 PM

the facts do not support his argument of lower investment.

unseen on March 18, 2011 at 11:45 PM

Unless he is worried about the possibility of lower investment in the future, or is jockeying for a better negotiating position. It’s hard for me to get my head around a reason for him to undo what Sarah Palin did while he served as her Lt. governor.

gryphon202 on March 18, 2011 at 11:49 PM

kringeesmom on March 18, 2011 at 11:44 PM

I agree. But will McCain become an anti-Palin when the time comes? Politics will be the answer.
Now pardon me while I wash out my mouth.
I dread being in her position.

Electrongod on March 18, 2011 at 11:49 PM

I think Ashley may have given up. I live in a pretty oil rich area and even here NatGas is gaining so what’s she talking about?

hboulware on March 18, 2011 at 11:49 PM

I’d hate for Parnell to screw up a good thing.

gryphon202 on March 18, 2011 at 11:47 PM

Parnell might cave but there is no way the oil companies are walking away from lucrative oil deals.

sharrukin on March 18, 2011 at 11:49 PM

AshleyTKing on March 18, 2011 at 11:30 PM

ramrocks on March 18, 2011 at 11:44 PM

Good Post. Thanks. You put out some facts I didn’t know about; which happens quite often since I don’t know very much but that’s besides the point. :)

The factoid about the Alaska Judicial Council is a really good counter-punch to another false narrative about Palin.

Geochelone on March 18, 2011 at 11:50 PM

How can it be on schedule when they don’t have any shipping commitments? Nothing moves forward till they have them and under the term of AGIA, they’ll never have them. AGIA was doomed for failure the minute it was proposed.

lowandslow on March 18, 2011 at 11:50 PM

Here are four from Alaska: Dan Fagan, Glen Biegel, Rick Rydell, Dave Stieren.

AshleyTKing on March 18, 2011 at 11:15 PM

Dan Fagan is a friggin’ loon. A Talk show host! He doesn’t even know what the hell he is. He’s not a Conservative though. Biegel is his butt boy. Also not a Conservative by any stretch. He’s just a hack radio guy.

Rydell is another radio guy too!

Old Davey Boy is a famous dirtbag.

All of these cats, except Rydell hang out at Palingates, a FAR LEFT loon website that rivals Jeanne Devon and Linda Biegel’s crap websites.

BTW, Linda Biegle was the OFFICIAL DNC Blogger for Alaska while at the same time hassling Palin with bogus ethics complaints.

She’s part of the Alaska Mafia that Obama, Pete Rouse, and Phil Munger put together for the “Wasilla Project.”

I find it beyond laughable that you cite a bunch of left wing talk show hosts as “Constitutional Conservatives.”

Glad you brought there names up though. The HA readers can now go spend some time on Bing and check these losers out.

gary4205 on March 18, 2011 at 11:50 PM

gryphon202 on March 18, 2011 at 11:49 PM

Well Alaska is known for its corruption so maybe he is being pressured, or now wants a cut of the deal?

sharrukin on March 18, 2011 at 11:51 PM

What is up with calling her Ms. Palin? She is Mrs. Palin.

WoosterOh on March 18, 2011 at 11:52 PM

Miller’s poll numbers cratered when he distanced himself form Gov Palin. They didn’t stop going down until he personally asked Gov Palin to come campaign for him again but by then it was too late. Many people did not like what he did. It was dishonorable and when you are running on your honor it makes a big hit to your numbers….

unseen on March 18, 2011 at 11:26 PM

Waving Todd Palin’s email around, rolling his eyes and stating “this is what I have to put up with” lost me…I never supported him again.

CCRWM on March 18, 2011 at 11:52 PM

What is up with calling her Ms. Palin? She is Mrs. Palin.

WoosterOh on March 18, 2011 at 11:52 PM

And proud of it..from what I have seen.

Electrongod on March 18, 2011 at 11:54 PM

Geochelone on March 18, 2011 at 11:50 PM

Shocking that the Alaska expert Ashley TKing didn’t know that.

sharrukin on March 18, 2011 at 11:54 PM

sharrukin on March 18, 2011 at 11:51 PM

Let’s hope not. Alaska may be about as good as BFE (even I come from a state with a higher total population), but they still deserve better than to have the corrupt bastards back in power.

gryphon202 on March 18, 2011 at 11:54 PM

Regarding Palin’s judicial appointment, both candidates had been appointed by Gov. Tony Knowles, a Democrat. Both had connections with left of center organizations. The one Palin picked had much higher ratings:

bw222 on March 18, 2011 at 11:56 PM

gryphon202 on March 18, 2011 at 11:49 PM

He might have access to numbers we don’t. he is Gov after all. He also might need the oil compnaies behind him for his next campaign. Like you said he is not trying to undo ACES just change the % collected.

Alos the move was going on during a period of low oil prices. since then oil prices have rebounded so it may be a case where reality is outpacing the talking points.

But Gov Parnell i would imagine would like to make the office his instead of Gov Palin’s second term. He is after all a politician……

unseen on March 18, 2011 at 11:56 PM

gryphon202 on March 18, 2011 at 11:54 PM

Agree. They have to put up with Lisa M which should be punishment enough.

sharrukin on March 18, 2011 at 11:57 PM

I will say this Ashley acts as if she’s all correct about Palin because she’s from Alaska. Then she says she wants to live in TX. Um, Yeah maybe not with that crappy attitude. We love Gov.Perry and he’s a Palin fan. Ashley wants to live here she’s gonna have to go to Austin.

hboulware on March 18, 2011 at 11:57 PM

CCRWM on March 18, 2011 at 11:52 PM

yeap that was the moment he lost me too.

unseen on March 18, 2011 at 11:57 PM

Agree. They have to put up with Lisa M which should be punishment enough.

sharrukin on March 18, 2011 at 11:57 PM

which could be the explaination for it all. the Murkowski’s are still a power in AK.

unseen on March 18, 2011 at 11:59 PM

CCRWM on March 18, 2011 at 11:52 PM

Burning bridges. Not a good thing from what I have learned.

Electrongod on March 18, 2011 at 11:59 PM

unseen on March 18, 2011 at 11:35 PM

That is flat out wrong. It is causing a slow down.

AshleyTKing on March 19, 2011 at 12:00 AM

Now pardon me while I wash out my mouth.
I dread being in her position.

Electrongod on March 18, 2011 at 11:49 PM

If I were a betting woman, McCain will “cross the aisle” and run fast to Daniels. McCain sure has been out in front defending her honor. I don’t expect him to lift a finger for her in the future. Even though she helped him get elected to his last term.

kringeesmom on March 19, 2011 at 12:01 AM

unseen on March 18, 2011 at 11:59 PM

Maybe. I don’t know enough about the internal politics of Alaska to say. I have to say that I expected better of Alaskans than Murcowski, but its their state.

sharrukin on March 19, 2011 at 12:01 AM

That is flat out wrong. It is causing a slow down.

AshleyTKing on March 19, 2011 at 12:00 AM

Twice as many wells after as there were before =/= a “slowdown,” unless maybe you took math class in a public elementary school.

gryphon202 on March 19, 2011 at 12:01 AM

Is ACES causing a slow down or Obamas nonexistent energy policy?

hboulware on March 19, 2011 at 12:03 AM

I often imagine the women with PDS looking somewhat like Debbie Stabenow. I don’t know if you have ever seen Linda Biegle. the Alaska Democrat who filed several frivilous lawsuits and has been trying to destroy Palin. It;s hard to believe, but Linda actually makes Debbie Stabenow look good (by comparison).

bw222 on March 19, 2011 at 12:03 AM

AshleyTKing on March 19, 2011 at 12:00 AM

Care to explain your lack of knowledge of things Alaskan?

sharrukin on March 19, 2011 at 12:03 AM

bw222 on March 19, 2011 at 12:03 AM

They don’t make bleach strong enough to clean my mind’s eye of the image you just put there.

gryphon202 on March 19, 2011 at 12:04 AM

Palin, the right’s equivalent of the narcissistic Obama.

AshleyTKing on March 18, 2011 at 10:49 PM

Are you going to tell me Mitt’s not a narcissist?

ddrintn on March 19, 2011 at 12:04 AM

Is ACES causing a slow down or Obamas nonexistent energy policy?

hboulware on March 19, 2011 at 12:03 AM

The avg price of $61/bll in 2009 was more likely the reason.

unseen on March 19, 2011 at 12:05 AM

I live in TX and we are having problems. Most of those directly attirbuted to the Feds.

hboulware on March 19, 2011 at 12:05 AM

I figured something out last night, which explains all of this anti-Sarah BS. 0bama is boned in 2012 unless he can drive some negative turnout for the Republican.

I went to this page and broke out the calculator. I used the statistic that 48 percent of first-time 2008 voters were full-time students. Then I excluded them. I decided to use non-student first-time voters as my stand-in for the group I’m really after: habitual non-voters who voted in 2008 to “make history.”

Gallup gave 13 percent as the proportion of first-time voters, and other folks say it was 11 percent. 65 percent of first-time voters in 2008 went for 0bama. 65 percent of the non-full-time-student first-time voters was 4.39% of the entire vote if you assume first-time voters were 13 percent and 3.72% if first-time voters were 11 percent.

In other words, almost exactly the amount by which 0bama won in 2008 was made up of first-time voters who were not full-time students. Voters like these guys have sat out elections before, and are likely to sit out 2012, even if 0bama walked on water from his immaculation onwards.

One of the reasons 0bama was thrown in there in the first place was out of fear of the negative turnout from Hillary Clinton. Democrats in the know feared that Hillary’s negatives would bring people out specifically to vote against her. As we can see from the first-time voter numbers, the Democrats could not have afforded this in 2008. But it gave them an excellent idea for 2012: Use relentless negativity to drive negative turnout for the person likeliest to face 0bama in ’12. Namely, Sarah Palin. It’s the only chance 0bama fears he has when the people who put him over the top are likely to go back to their old nonvoting patterns in 2012.

Sekhmet on March 19, 2011 at 12:06 AM

lowandslow on March 18, 2011 at 11:50 PM

The F Troop of Palin bashers has arerived.

bw222 on March 19, 2011 at 12:06 AM

well that’s a wrap for the night….just one mor ething…

$12 BILLION FREAKING DOLLAR SURPLUS>….gameover man gameover…

unseen on March 19, 2011 at 12:06 AM

There is no schedule and you are the loon Gary.

AshleyTKing on March 18, 2011 at 11:30 PM

You need to learn how to be a better troll and not talk about things that can be checked in seconds, thanks to the interwebs.

Here’s Beth Kerttula, one of Palin’s enemies praising AGIA and saying they better not try and stop it!

BTW, much like you, Beth is a deranged loon herself, when it comes to Palin. She used to drive by the Governor’s Mansion in Juneau nightly to see if the Palins were there, or in back in Wasilla. Crazy.

Y’all build your democrats extra insane up there in Alaska.

Also, here’s a little something about the thugs Obama put to work trying to scuttle this deal.

gary4205 on March 19, 2011 at 12:06 AM

kringeesmom on March 19, 2011 at 12:01 AM

That’s what I am saying. He won’t help her but he surely won’t dis’ her either. It’s a win-win for Palin. She helps a friend but doesn’t get any flack from him.
Why am I saying this? Because Palin isn’t a McCain Republican but knows how to play them. This comes from experience, I assume.

Electrongod on March 19, 2011 at 12:07 AM

If I were a betting woman, McCain will “cross the aisle” and run fast to Daniels… I don’t expect him to lift a finger for her in the future.

kringeesmom on March 19, 2011 at 12:01 AM

I agree. But when she wins the nomination he’ll come scuttling back.

rrpjr on March 19, 2011 at 12:07 AM

When did we get so many new posters and the resultant trolls? Was there an open registration that I missed?

SouthernGent on March 19, 2011 at 12:08 AM

Sekhmet on March 19, 2011 at 12:06 AM

that is assuming a lot of first time voters will not turn out to elect the first woman POTUS….

unseen on March 19, 2011 at 12:09 AM

hboulware on March 19, 2011 at 12:05 AM

*Ears perk up* Fill us in.

Electrongod on March 19, 2011 at 12:09 AM

gryphon202 on March 19, 2011 at 12:04 AM

It’s ok dear, just picture Linda or Debbbie wearing their dead sister’s (ala Louise Slaughter) and you will be just fine.

kringeesmom on March 19, 2011 at 12:09 AM

I give the NYT credit for writing about Governor Palin’s record. I would like to see a lot more of it from the media, but with more of the actual truth included and not littered with distorted facts.

The best part of the artice was the fact that Palin left Alaska with a 12 billion dollar surplus. Since there are so few fiscal conservatives that stand out right now, I wonder why Governor Palin is never mentioned by the Right as a giant among the fiscal conservatives of the Republican party? Unless, of course, we are going with the meme that Palin is a ‘Socialist’ theory. Ha!!

I liked Palin’s mention of the criminals serving time. The NYT should have had a couple of jailhouse interviews to spice up the article. I bet those quotes would have been priceless. The criminals that Palin mentioned are probably not her biggest fans.

Maybe MSNBC can follow up with an episode of Lockup: Sarah Palin And The ‘Corrupt Bastards’ Who Hate Her.

I am looking forward to watching Palin’s speech in the morning. I don’t expect Palin to do much apologizing for our country, but instead tout America’s greatness and it’s citizens greatness.

chief on March 19, 2011 at 12:11 AM

I think Ashley is troll because of her PDS. It really does make me sick the PDS. I understand liking one candidate over another but the hate they spew at Palin is deranged.

hboulware on March 19, 2011 at 12:12 AM

Sekhmet on March 19, 2011 at 12:06 AM

I wouldn’t assume that all of those first time voters will cease voting again, but I suspect most will. If we have a halfway decent candidate who inspires just a little enthusiasm we should be able to win. The GOP however seems to have other plans.

sharrukin on March 19, 2011 at 12:12 AM

chief on March 19, 2011 at 12:11 AM

I give some credit as it is about 2.5 years late. I give no credit to the MSM in reporting Obama’s accomplishments during this same time period.

Electrongod on March 19, 2011 at 12:14 AM

Electrongod on March 19, 2011 at 12:07 AM

McCain will throw her under the bus so fast he may get tire treads on his own suit.

kringeesmom on March 19, 2011 at 12:14 AM

Gov.Perry is fighting the EPA over carbon and since we can’t get drilling permits for the Gulf…plus no permits for new refineries. We have NatGas and Oil leases with permits pending but they won’t act on those either. Obama specifically said in in presser the other day He wanted to encourage lease production. I almost laughed (or cried) myself into the ER.

hboulware on March 19, 2011 at 12:16 AM

kringeesmom on March 19, 2011 at 12:14 AM

I don’t think so. McCain isn’t insane…yet. He knows that any friction with his VP pick in 2008 won’t look good to him…even after politics.
*Crossing fingers*
Just my assumption.

Electrongod on March 19, 2011 at 12:17 AM

Is ACES causing a slow down or Obamas nonexistent energy policy?

hboulware on March 19, 2011 at 12:03 AM

Both, probably the federal more than the state.

Are you going to tell me Mitt’s not a narcissist?

ddrintn on March 19, 2011 at 12:04 AM

He is a n-man too.

AshleyTKing on March 19, 2011 at 12:18 AM

*Crossing fingers*
Just my assumption.

Electrongod on March 19, 2011 at 12:17 AM

Maybe you’re right, he might just send out his goons (like Meg and Dana) instead.

kringeesmom on March 19, 2011 at 12:20 AM

gary4205 on March 19, 2011 at 12:06 AM

Beth is a loon. I would trust Frank Murkowski more on this one, despite his nepotism.

AshleyTKing on March 19, 2011 at 12:21 AM

gryphon202 on March 19, 2011 at 12:04 AM

It’s ok dear, just picture Linda or Debbbie wearing their dead sister’s teeth (ala Louise Slaughter) and you will be just fine.

OOOps forgot the teeth.. fixed it.

kringeesmom on March 19, 2011 at 12:22 AM

kringeesmom on March 19, 2011 at 12:20 AM

Now that I can’t argue with. And predictable.

Electrongod on March 19, 2011 at 12:25 AM

Take this as an object lesson on how to smack-down the MSM.

1. They make up stuff to distort a candidates record and they put it in writing.

2. Candidate seizes the opportunity to point out the journalistic malfeasance with a written reply.

3. Candidate points out the declining readership of NYT due to chronic MSM dickery.

4. Setting the record straight provides a perfect cover to trumpet one’s own horn without looking like a spontaneous bragger.

That is how it is done folks. And she uses Reagan’s famous punch-line to ice the cake.

Geochelone on March 19, 2011 at 12:25 AM

chief on March 19, 2011 at 12:11 AM

This Palinista has set her alarm to make sure to get up and watch it!

CCRWM on March 19, 2011 at 12:25 AM

Signing off.

Electrongod on March 19, 2011 at 12:27 AM

gryphon202 on March 19, 2011 at 12:04 AM

Schadenfreude on March 19, 2011 at 12:29 AM

When Ashley’s trolling
The Hate does flow.

Geochelone on March 18, 2011 at 11:31 PM

If there is a pipeline by 2015 being built, I’ll eat my beaver hat.

AshleyTKing on March 19, 2011 at 12:30 AM

I don’t think that *all* of the habitual nonvoters will revert to habit, but I think enough will to seriously endanger 0bama’s re-election. So again, if they make the story about Sarah Palin and how awful she supposedly is, they hope to generate enough “negative turnout” to counterbalance the no-shows from the 2008 first-time voters.

Sekhmet on March 19, 2011 at 12:32 AM

If there is a pipeline by 2015 being built, I’ll eat my beaver hat.

AshleyTKing on March 19, 2011 at 12:30 AM

Am I the only one that is happy that “hat” got thrown in there?

MeatHeadinCA on March 19, 2011 at 12:33 AM

If there is a pipeline by 2015 being built, I’ll eat my beaver hat.

AshleyTKing on March 19, 2011 at 12:30 AM

So would everyone else moron. It’s not supposed to be built until 2022.

BTW, why haven’t you answered the questions?

Why don’t you know the basics of Alaska’s Constitution? The law? You are spewing nonsense without having the first clue about Alaska’s laws.

I bet you don’t even live in Alaska.

Are you in Paris, Germany, or a basement in Chicago?

gary4205 on March 19, 2011 at 12:35 AM

I’m pretty sure that, unless the Republicans put up someone like Romney, Obama is boned anyway in 2012. The economy would have to improve a ton and with his policies that isn’t likely to happen.

whbates on March 19, 2011 at 12:35 AM

hboulware on March 19, 2011 at 12:12 AM

I was publicly pushing support on radio, in the newspapers, and in the Progressive Conservative Party of Canada for Ronald Reagan’s SDI and other policies like deregulation in the mid-1980s.

I hate fakes. It is not a syndrome. It is a burden.

AshleyTKing on March 19, 2011 at 12:35 AM

Sekhmet on March 19, 2011 at 12:32 AM

I expect that is true, but it does raise the question regarding the motives of Karl Rove and friends.

sharrukin on March 19, 2011 at 12:36 AM

MeatHeadinCA on March 19, 2011 at 12:33 AM

Afterthought?

Gohawgs on March 19, 2011 at 12:36 AM

SouthernGent on March 19, 2011 at 12:08 AM

I notice this periodically but as far as I know they haven’t had an open registration since the management changed; I don’t have a clue where they come from.

Eren on March 19, 2011 at 12:36 AM

Am I the only one that is happy that “hat” got thrown in there?

MeatHeadinCA on March 19, 2011 at 12:33 AM

Jealous???

kringeesmom on March 19, 2011 at 12:37 AM

I hate fakes. It is not a syndrome. It is a burden.

AshleyTKing on March 19, 2011 at 12:35 AM

Spew your venom at Obama then. He’s the biggest fake the world has ever known.

Schadenfreude on March 19, 2011 at 12:40 AM

I hate fakes. It is not a syndrome. It is a burden.

AshleyTKing on March 19, 2011 at 12:35 AM

Uh huh.

I was busy giving Peter Frampton guitar lessons around that time.

[** ..... anyone can claim anything on the interwebs because no one can really prove or disprove]

gary4205 on March 19, 2011 at 12:40 AM

That does absolutely nothing to explain the Palin hate Ashley. Sorry,Progressive Conservative Party sounds like an oxymoron. Supporting SDI does nothing for conservative creds.

hboulware on March 19, 2011 at 12:40 AM

Before I go I’d like to add that I think the NYT thought it could get a shot off at Sarah and she could not respnd because she is going to India and to Israel. That is not an unreasonable assumption on their part as she is doing all that taveling in 3 days time. HOw much they underestimate Sarah Palin though. In the midst of all that she has to do in the next week she took the time to reload and fire off a post eviscerating the NYT and even got a nice assist from Big Govt! I really sont think the NYT saw it coming!

CCRWM on March 19, 2011 at 12:42 AM

I hate fakes. It is not a syndrome. It is a burden.

AshleyTKing on March 19, 2011 at 12:35 AM

Please tell me you aren’t a Canadian telling us how to fix our problems…

MeatHeadinCA on March 19, 2011 at 12:43 AM