Quotes of the day

posted at 10:36 pm on March 18, 2011 by Allahpundit

“Gov. Sean Parnell, Ms. Palin’s fellow Republican and former lieutenant, has announced that it is his top priority to undo parts of major oil tax increases that Ms. Palin made law. He argues that high state taxes, not just federal regulations, are preventing oil companies from exploring new drilling in Alaska and therefore jeopardizing future state revenues…

“And the project Ms. Palin once portrayed as her principal legislative triumph, a plan to build a 1,700-mile natural gas pipeline that she said would transform the economy of Alaska and contribute to America’s domestic energy supply, seems an increasingly distant dream, undercut by low gas prices and more practical projects in other states.

“‘She made it an issue,’ said Mike Chenault, the Republican speaker of the State House, who has sponsored a bill that would end Ms. Palin’s pipeline plan if firm evidence of progress is not documented by this summer. ‘That was the way that Alaska was going to move forward. As of yet, we haven’t, in my opinion, moved one step forward.’…

“‘We’re probably the most fiscally sound state in the union,’ said Bert Stedman, a Republican who is co-chairman of the Senate Finance Committee and one of the Legislature’s most influential members. ‘I’d say she had little to nothing to do with it.’”

***
“The reality doesn’t match up to the Governor Parnell’s claims. The number of oil companies filing with the Alaska Department of Revenue has doubled indicating that competition has indeed increased. Alaska has the second most business friendly tax set-up — up two spots since the passage of ACES. Additionally, a report from Governor Parnell’s Department of Revenue indicated that 2009 yielded a record high in oil jobs. Even more recently, the newest employment numbers from Alaska show that oil job numbers were higher in January 2011 than in January 2010, indicating that jobs are growing at the seasonal level. Parnell argues that state revenues are in jeopardy, but it is estimated that his proposal would reduce revenues by $100-200 million. Governor Parnell is right on other issues, but the numbers tell a different story than he asserts when it comes to ACES…

“Let’s take a look at Senator Stedman’s voting record, shall we? Stedman voted ‘No’ on ACES, which did contribute to Alaska’s $12 billion surplus. However, Stedman did vote ‘Yes’ on Governor Murkowski’s corruption-tainted oil tax plan. Stedman also voted to override Governor Palin’s veto of stimulus funding in 2009.

“Also, as a part of the both the Senate Finance and Legislative Budget and Audit committees since 2005, Stedman helped craft and voted for every operating and capital budget proposal brought before the state Senate. Governor Palin vetoed hundreds of millions of dollars from the FY2008 capital budget alone, and in full made the largest veto cuts in the state’s history. Additionally, Governor Palin cut the state budget by 9.5% during her time as Governor compared to Governor Murkowski, indicating that Governor Palin’s fiscal restraint, not legislative spending, was the cause of Alaska’s fiscal strength. It’s quite obvious that Governor Palin’s record shows far greater fiscal responsibility than Senator Stedman’s, and Governor Palin can rightly take far more credit for Alaska’s fiscal health than Senator Stedman.”

***
“The New York Times just can’t seem to get much of anything right lately. No wonder they’re facing economic and reputation woes. Their article today falsely reporting on my record as governor is full of spin, and I shall call them out on it

“Alaska enjoys a $12 billion surplus thanks to ACES and the sound fiscal policies of my administration. I put billions of dollars aside in savings accounts (though I could have easily spent those billions and made a lot of friends with big-spending legislators on both sides of the aisle), and I continued to veto excess spending and Obama stimulus funds, and chopped earmarks by 86% – much to the chagrin of liberal legislators who were used as “sources” in the article. It’s kind of amusing to see state legislators claim credit for the surplus when they didn’t vote for ACES, and they cried to high heaven when I vetoed their wasteful spending on their special interest projects.

“Of course, I could have made a lot more friends in Juneau if I had spent the surplus. But I chose to put billions in savings for a rainy day and return a portion to the people of Alaska. (It was their money after all.) I paid down hundreds of millions of dollars into our under-funded state pension plans, then set aside another billion for forward-funding education. I fought the union’s demands for more benefits, engaged in hiring freezes, and cut frivolous state expenditures – again, much to the chagrin of those who spend other people’s money recklessly. That’s sound fiscal policy. I’m proud of it, and Alaska is stronger today because of it.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

President Cuda!

wheelgun on March 18, 2011 at 10:36 PM

undercut by low gas prices and more practical projects in other states.

???

I assume Alaska doesn’t have random drug testing for public officials.

malclave on March 18, 2011 at 10:38 PM

Now I know why people are so pissed at Palin for quitting. With her gone, Alaska will go back to being corrupt.

Electrongod on March 18, 2011 at 10:41 PM

I won’t vote for Sarah unless she apologizes for her gas policies! /romneybot

MeatHeadinCA on March 18, 2011 at 10:41 PM

???

I assume Alaska doesn’t have random drug testing for public officials.

malclave on March 18, 2011 at 10:38 PM

I’m being charitable, but I think the quote was in reference to natural gas.

gryphon202 on March 18, 2011 at 10:41 PM

Sounds like bitter Linda Mezvinsky voters to me.

Terrie on March 18, 2011 at 10:41 PM

I assume Alaska doesn’t have random drug testing for public officials.

malclave on March 18, 2011 at 10:38 PM

Ehmmm… I’d love to see Lisa Rino tested.

MeatHeadinCA on March 18, 2011 at 10:42 PM

That nightstick must taste awfully bitter to The Left by now.

Run, Sarah! America needs you. We need your leadership. We need your forthrightness.

SouthernGent on March 18, 2011 at 10:42 PM

“That’s sound fiscal policy…”

Never mind the facts…

… What do the latest polls want us to think?

Seven Percent Solution on March 18, 2011 at 10:43 PM

First of all let’s get the complete facts straight:

Categorized | Governor Palin’s Posts
Gov. Palin: NYT, There You Go Again
Posted on March 18 2011 – 7:21 PM – Posted by: Karen Allen

Via Gov. Palin’s Facebook:

The New York Times just can’t seem to get much of anything right lately. No wonder they’re facing economic and reputation woes. Their article today falsely reporting on my record as governor is full of spin, and I shall call them out on it.

Regardless of the recent political posturing, ACES (Alaska’s Clear and Equitable Share) is a success for all stakeholders who want more domestic energy supplies for our great country. The Alaskan people (who collectively own the natural resources, via our state constitution), the resource producers who bid on the right to develop our oil and gas, and consumers all benefit under ACES. It incentivizes production and development. It works.

Amazingly, to the uninformed (or to those who really don’t want to incentivize oil exploration in America) ACES is spun to sound like an oil windfall profits tax and its progressivity is made to sound excessive. In reality, it was born of a need to have a tax structure that did three things:

1. It could not be created under a cloud of political corruption and self-dealing like the former Alaska administration and legislature’s PPT oil valuation structure. That’s a critical fact that is now frequently overlooked years later. Remember the legislators and oil industry players who went to jail because of bribes leading to votes in favor of the former administration’s PPT, which was unfairly tilted in favor of the resource producers against the resource owners (i.e., the people of Alaska)? Have we conveniently forgotten the fact that a corrupt process brought forth PPT, and I and others set out to change it by cleaning up the corruption?

2. It had to align the interests of Alaskans and the oil producers through exploration and production credits in partnership so that they benefit proportionally from commercialization of Alaska’s sovereign resources. This is very different from a government overtaxing personal or corporate income in which the government has no ownership stake in whatever it is that is being taxed.

3. It had to use a progressivity system that protects the producers from commercial strain when oil prices are low, otherwise the producers would seek development opportunities elsewhere. ACES does incentivize industry, but beware that Big Oil will always do what it does best for its shareholders: it will look out for its bottom line and always claim that it needs even more tax breaks. More power to them for trying, but resource owners deserve A CLEAR and EQUITABLE SHARE (ACES) of the value of their commonly-owned oil and gas.

ACES accomplished all three. The current criticism of this fair valuation makes no real sense. As an article at Big Government notes:

“The number of oil companies filing with the Alaska Department of Revenue has doubled indicating that competition has indeed increased. Alaska has the second most business friendly tax set-up — up two spots since the passage of ACES. Additionally, a report from Governor Parnell’s Department of Revenue indicated that 2009 yielded a record high in oil jobs. Even more recently, the newest employment numbers from Alaska show that oil job numbers were higher in January 2011 than in January 2010, indicating that jobs are growing at the seasonal level. Parnell argues that state revenues are in jeopardy, but it is estimated that his proposal would reduce revenues by $100-200 million.”
Most importantly, Alaska enjoys a $12 billion surplus thanks to ACES and the sound fiscal policies of my administration. I put billions of dollars aside in savings accounts (though I could have easily spent those billions and made a lot of friends with big-spending legislators on both sides of the aisle), and I continued to veto excess spending and Obama stimulus funds, and chopped earmarks by 86% – much to the chagrin of liberal legislators who were used as “sources” in the article. It’s kind of amusing to see state legislators claim credit for the surplus when they didn’t vote for ACES, and they cried to high heaven when I vetoed their wasteful spending on their special interest projects.

Now, if others would like to claim credit for it, that is fine. As Ronald Reagan used to remind us: “There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn’t mind who gets the credit.” Amen!

But let’s not pretend that ACES wasn’t a key factor in the surplus, and let’s not pretend that it hasn’t been a success.

As for AGIA, our long-awaited natural gas pipeline project is moving along according to plan. A huge partnership was developed with Exxon and TransCanada when I put the project out for competitive bids, instead of using behind-closed-door schemes that would have screwed the public. Alaska will help America become energy independent, despite anti-energy politicos claiming AGIA won’t work. It’s already got the 50-year dream off the dime and in the works. See, competition works. So does a transparent process.

- Sarah Palin

Amjean on March 18, 2011 at 10:43 PM

Electrongod on March 18, 2011 at 10:41 PM

I don’t think it’s as bad as the New York Slimes (thank you Mark Levin) would have us believe. The ACES program is still in place, and will be for the foreseeable future. They just need to rejigger it so that President Obama’s open hostility to oil drilling, along with the ginormous economic sh!t sandwich we’re all eating, doesn’t scare the oil companies away from Alaska altogether.

gryphon202 on March 18, 2011 at 10:43 PM

SouthernGent on March 18, 2011 at 10:42 PM

+10*100

Electrongod on March 18, 2011 at 10:44 PM

She has my vote if she runs.

Grunt on March 18, 2011 at 10:44 PM

???

I assume Alaska doesn’t have random drug testing for public officials.

malclave on March 18, 2011 at 10:38 PM

Yes natural gas prices have dropped. We are not talking about gasoline.

See back during the Clinton Era when new power plants were needed and coal became taboo, the natural gas prices rose as new demand as the favored power plant fuel increased. It is increased to the extent that it became profitable to build pipelines from Canada to the U.S. Also, GE made out like a bandit, as Enron should have if it had stayed primarily in natural gas biz.

Kermit on March 18, 2011 at 10:45 PM

gryphon202 on March 18, 2011 at 10:43 PM

You are probably right.

Electrongod on March 18, 2011 at 10:45 PM

This is why along with praying for my family everyday I pray for Sarah Palin and her family every single day. This lying and misrepresenting isn’t going to stop and will become more desperate and blatant as the season goes on. There is no way the NYT or WAPO or Politico or any other Leftist rag or LSM member believes anyone but Palin is the one who is going to knock thier stupid poseur messiah off his styrofoam pedestal.

CCRWM on March 18, 2011 at 10:47 PM

You are probably right.

Electrongod on March 18, 2011 at 10:45 PM

I fear you may be right as well, but my fears have little to do with how Sean Parnell is handling things now. He never would have been left in charge if Governor Palin didn’t trust him.

gryphon202 on March 18, 2011 at 10:47 PM

She has my vote if she runs.

Grunt on March 18, 2011 at 10:44 PM

Just a friendly reminder, Grunt:

Get out there and vote in the primaries. And consider what will happen if you don’t get a chance to pull the lever for Palin. Backup plans are always good. ;-)

gryphon202 on March 18, 2011 at 10:48 PM

Palin, the right’s equivalent of the narcissistic Obama.

AshleyTKing on March 18, 2011 at 10:49 PM

If the NYT, Karl Rove, and others don’t watch out they are going to push some voters toward SP for POTUS…

d1carter on March 18, 2011 at 10:49 PM

Apparently every liberal in the country thinks that there’s some sort of prize for making up the most outrageous fantasy starring Sarah Palin…

…but facts are stubborn things…

landlines on March 18, 2011 at 10:50 PM

There is no pipe in the works and there is no tooth fairy either.

AshleyTKing on March 18, 2011 at 10:51 PM

LOL – NYT.

Looks like they got their ass handed to them on this one!

HondaV65 on March 18, 2011 at 10:53 PM

Sarah Palin will give speech in India tomorrow, Saturday,
at approximately 10:00 – 10:30 AM EST.

Sarah Palin will meet with Israel’s Prime Minister on her
way back from India.

Sarah Palin gives speech in Florida on Wednesday.

Amjean on March 18, 2011 at 10:53 PM

The GOP fears her, and if she runs (fingers crossed), I’ll vote for her. I’m not changing my mind, and I’m not wasting my vote on someone else.

madmonkphotog on March 18, 2011 at 10:53 PM

January 13, 2013

Steps of the United States Capital Building
Washington, DC

Justice John Roberts Chief Justice, SCOTUS: “Please raise your right hand and repeat after me.

I Sarah Heath Palin do solemnly swear………….”

If I can lie my way into the Navy to take that oath, Sarah Palin can damn well win her way there with the truth.

SgtSVJones on March 18, 2011 at 10:53 PM

“That’s sound fiscal policy. I’m proud of it, and Alaska is stronger today because of it.”

Fiscal responsibility is only one generation election away from extinction.

Electrongod on March 18, 2011 at 10:54 PM

madmonkphotog on March 18, 2011 at 10:53 PM

Always pays to have a backup plan…but I’m strongly inclined to agree with you anyhow.

gryphon202 on March 18, 2011 at 10:55 PM

Insead of continuously posting snarky comments about Palin,
please chat up your favorite candidate. We are all waiting
to hear why he or she deserves the presidential nod.

Amjean on March 18, 2011 at 10:55 PM

I’m going to watch her speech from India tomorrow….

It will be streaming live. info at C4P. I think that’s 9:30AMc.

idesign on March 18, 2011 at 10:55 PM

Sorry,forgot to paste for my posting above. My comment
was meant for –

Palin, the right’s equivalent of the narcissistic Obama.

AshleyTKing on March 18, 2011 at 10:49 PM

Amjean on March 18, 2011 at 10:56 PM

Insead of continuously posting snarky comments about Palin,
please chat up your favorite candidate. We are all waiting
to hear why he or she deserves the presidential nod.

Amjean on March 18, 2011 at 10:55 PM

AshleyTKing’s favorite candidate = I. M. NotPalin

gryphon202 on March 18, 2011 at 10:56 PM

AshleyTKing on March 18, 2011 at 10:49 PM

Amjean on March 18, 2011 at 10:56 PM

Ahsley’s a nut job. She’s probably sad because her soulmate PrezHussein got banned.

MeatHeadinCA on March 18, 2011 at 10:58 PM

Wow AshleyTKing. Not a Palin fan huh? Snark is fine but when you make claims about a supposedly nonexistent pipeline bring some facts. And Palin is not the rights Obama. Two very different things. She is the real deal he is a poser.

hboulware on March 18, 2011 at 11:00 PM

Has anyone noticed that SP has about 250,000 new followers on FB since last week or so? Its up to 2.8 million now.

Geochelone on March 18, 2011 at 11:01 PM

SgtSVJones on March 18, 2011 at 10:53 PM

I once felt similarly. Except there is such a huge blindness on the right: the woman is not a constitutional conservative. She says a lot of great things. When you try to match that with her actual record, you can’t shove that square peg down the round hole. Sorry.

Maybe Herman Cain. He at least has been fighting this fight for two decades at least. Palin is a Johnny-come-lately to the whole Tea Party idea. And not really ringing true to many Alaska conservatives who know better.

At CPAC, the Young Republicans from Alaska would have told you the same thing.

AshleyTKing on March 18, 2011 at 11:01 PM

I still miss GrowFins, will he/she ever be back?

kringeesmom on March 18, 2011 at 11:02 PM

Geochelone on March 18, 2011 at 11:01 PM

250K SEIU thugs trying to figure out where she lives?

MeatHeadinCA on March 18, 2011 at 11:02 PM

Geochelone on March 18, 2011 at 11:01 PM

Wow. She must be right then.

AshleyTKing on March 18, 2011 at 11:02 PM

At CPAC, the Young Republicans from Alaska would have told you the same thing.

AshleyTKing on March 18, 2011 at 11:01 PM

Something tells me the Young Republicans from Alaska are also huge supporters of Ron Paul…

MeatHeadinCA on March 18, 2011 at 11:03 PM

hboulware on March 18, 2011 at 11:00 PM

There is no pipe. Not even a small piece of it.

AshleyTKing on March 18, 2011 at 11:04 PM

At CPAC, the Young Republicans from Alaska would have told you the same thing.

AshleyTKing on March 18, 2011 at 11:01 PM

Which is why Sean Parnell was elected decisively with a track record as Sarah Palin’s lieutenant governor. Delusional, much?

gryphon202 on March 18, 2011 at 11:04 PM

I still miss GrowFins, will he/she ever be back?

kringeesmom on March 18, 2011 at 11:02 PM

Reincarnated as dead fish. Going with the flow.

Electrongod on March 18, 2011 at 11:04 PM

Obama is a Marxist narcissist.

Palin is a populist johnny-come-lately Tea Party narcissist.

She is a true McCain Republican. Good here and there but a disaster on the whole.

AshleyTKing on March 18, 2011 at 11:05 PM

I was the president of a small club 30 years ago and learned then the love that people have for spending other people’s money. Now, this was small change from voluntary dues, so counts for little.

But I can only imagine the rush that comes with spending billions of OPM…big time friends, the finest of parties. We are “governed” by a bunch of Charlie Sheens on crack

r keller on March 18, 2011 at 11:06 PM

Delusional, much?

gryphon202 on March 18, 2011 at 11:04 PM

He was the least bad of three bad choices. He would be far better than our current single US House member, who voted for Card Check.

AshleyTKing on March 18, 2011 at 11:06 PM

At CPAC, the Young Republicans from Alaska would have told you the same thing.

AshleyTKing on March 18, 2011 at 11:01 PM

Can you produce anything of substance to back up your terribly vague comments?

spinach.chin on March 18, 2011 at 11:07 PM

If I’ve got this right it’s the fact that it’s planned and developing. Are you saying that’s wrong? Also, do you not like Palin because she’s not socially conservative enough or something else?

hboulware on March 18, 2011 at 11:07 PM

AshleyTKing on March 18, 2011 at 11:06 PM

So he was the least bad, chosen by the most awful to be her lieutenant governor? Doesn’t jive with me. *facepalm*

gryphon202 on March 18, 2011 at 11:08 PM

Run Cuda run!

Khun Joe on March 18, 2011 at 11:08 PM

Reincarnated as dead fish. Going with the flow.

Electrongod on March 18, 2011 at 11:04 PM

OMG you mean he/she is the Mayor of Chicago????

kringeesmom on March 18, 2011 at 11:09 PM

Integrity. Courage. Wisdom. Leadership. Palin.

3dpuzzman on March 18, 2011 at 11:09 PM

Palin, the right’s equivalent of the narcissistic Obama.

AshleyTKing on March 18, 2011 at 10:49 PM

Ashley –

Getting banned is the only thing preventing me from mentioning what you are equivalent to.

bw222 on March 18, 2011 at 11:10 PM

Conservative though she may be, I felt that Palin represented an explosion of a brand new style of muscular American feminism. At her startling debut on that day, she was combining male and female qualities in ways that I have never seen before. And she was somehow able to seem simultaneously reassuringly traditional and gung-ho futurist. In terms of redefining the persona for female authority and leadership, Palin has made the biggest step forward in feminism since Madonna channeled the dominatrix persona of high-glam Marlene Dietrich and rammed pro-sex, pro-beauty feminism down the throats of the prissy, victim-mongering, philistine feminist establishment.
Camille Paglia

Speakup on March 18, 2011 at 11:10 PM

MeatHeadinCA on March 18, 2011 at 11:03 PM

No, they are not but I haven’t talked to them all. They strike me as more as “we have got to beat Obama and you people in the lower 48 can’t be serious about Palin because she is just not a constitutional conservative.”

Even Joe Miller distanced himself from her to a certain extent.

AshleyTKing on March 18, 2011 at 11:10 PM

No Ashley, she knows how to win.

You can be a Constitutional Conservative who wants to go down in flames with the three other people who will vote for you in your telephone booth, or you can talk about issues that affect working people’s lives.

You don’t get that. Palin does. That’s why she can win and that’s why the libs are scared of her. She’s the only one that they are attacking.

NAME one “constitutional conservative” that they are relentlessly attacking other than Palin.

You can’t.

Come back when you’ve got someone who can run a serious Presidential Campaign. Herman Cain is a wonderful guy, but he’s not that man. You need to grow the heck up and realize that.

Cain does, too. But for the time being, he’s Romney’s stalking horse, I suspect.

victor82 on March 18, 2011 at 11:11 PM

Camille Paglia and Paul Johnson, love them both but:

They too far away to really get it. Please come to Alaska for a few months.

AshleyTKing on March 18, 2011 at 11:12 PM

Even Joe Miller distanced himself from her to a certain extent.

AshleyTKing on March 18, 2011 at 11:10 PM

I don’t take Joe Miller’s advice in picking my candidates. In fact, no one gets to use their vote to try to influence mine. I follow leaders, not polls.

gryphon202 on March 18, 2011 at 11:12 PM

hboulware on March 18, 2011 at 11:07 PM

This is why I’d like Ashley what’s-his-face to provide some justification for his/her vague posts.

It can be your opinion that it’s never going to get built, or it’s a bad idea, etc., but to say it’s BS because it’s only in the planning stages and not fully complete with gas flowing through it is ridiculous.

spinach.chin on March 18, 2011 at 11:12 PM

Is Ashley from Alaska?

shomegirl on March 18, 2011 at 11:13 PM

Even Joe Miller distanced himself from her to a certain extent.

AshleyTKing on March 18, 2011 at 11:10 PM

I wouldn’t be looking down at the lower 48ers too much, oh constituent of Rino Murky.

I guess one could take your logic and conclude that the last thing Alaska wants is a constitutional conservative…

You could always move to Texas to live closer to Papa Paul… just saying.

MeatHeadinCA on March 18, 2011 at 11:13 PM

“‘We’re probably the most fiscally sound state in the union,’ said Bert Stedman

Before or after all the federal subsidies?

clement on March 18, 2011 at 11:14 PM

Is Ashley from Alaska?

shomegirl on March 18, 2011 at 11:13 PM

S/he sure seems to be implying that s/he is.

gryphon202 on March 18, 2011 at 11:14 PM

You can’t.

Here are four from Alaska: Dan Fagan, Glen Biegel, Rick Rydell, Dave Stieren.

AshleyTKing on March 18, 2011 at 11:15 PM

They too far away to really get it. Please come to Alaska for a few months.

AshleyTKing on March 18, 2011 at 11:12 PM

Lisa Murcowski comes to mind as a very good reason I could care less what Alaskan’s currently think.

sharrukin on March 18, 2011 at 11:15 PM

AshleyTKing on March 18, 2011 at 11:05 PM

Palin a McCain Republican???? Not likely. They are worlds apart.
A governor vs. a Senator. A leader vs. a representative. One votes with many..the other bears the consequences.

Electrongod on March 18, 2011 at 11:16 PM

To tell the truth, I am a huge Cain fan…but I also like Palin a whole lot too. I would vote for either, support either. What amazes me is the amount of actual hate (from both left/right) for Palin. There is sumthin’ about Palin that scares the crap out of the mainstream and that I think is a good thing.

kringeesmom on March 18, 2011 at 11:16 PM

Even Joe Miller distanced himself from her to a certain extent.

AshleyTKing on March 18, 2011 at 11:10 PM

And Miller lost.

News2Use on March 18, 2011 at 11:16 PM

You could always move to Texas to live closer to Papa Paul… just saying.

MeatHeadinCA on March 18, 2011 at 11:13 PM

Never, ever would vote for Ron Paul Never voted for Lisa M. And I would love to live in Texas.

AshleyTKing on March 18, 2011 at 11:16 PM

Here are four from Alaska: Dan Fagan, Glen Biegel, Rick Rydell, Dave Stieren.

AshleyTKing on March 18, 2011 at 11:15 PM

Who?

Leading the charge, I guess.

I’ve heard of purity tests being ridiculous and usually disagree, but the AshleyTKing purity test would ensure that the US was solidly Progressive for the next 200 years.

MeatHeadinCA on March 18, 2011 at 11:17 PM

kringeesmom on March 18, 2011 at 11:16 PM

+1 this.

gryphon202 on March 18, 2011 at 11:17 PM

It was my understanding that AGIA was in the beginning stages and there wouldn’t be any pipeline laid anyway…and that it would take about 10 years to complete.

shomegirl on March 18, 2011 at 11:18 PM

Palin a McCain Republican???? Not likely.

Electrongod on March 18, 2011 at 11:16 PM

Hey, she campaigned for him last election.

AshleyTKing on March 18, 2011 at 11:18 PM

Um Ashley, the question applied to Pesidential candidates. Not guys from Alaska. Are you going to answer my question about Palin?

hboulware on March 18, 2011 at 11:18 PM

Sarah Palin will give speech in India tomorrow, Saturday,
at approximately 10:00 – 10:30 AM EST.

Sarah Palin will meet with Israel’s Prime Minister on her
way back from India.

Sarah Palin gives speech in Florida on Wednesday.

Amjean on March 18, 2011 at 10:53 PM

You can catch the live stream here.

gary4205 on March 18, 2011 at 11:18 PM

And she is all mavericky working with the anti-capitalist Dems when she wants her populist anti-oil taxes passed.

AshleyTKing on March 18, 2011 at 11:19 PM

Palin, the right’s equivalent of the narcissistic Obama.

AshleyTKing on March 18, 2011 at 10:49 PM

Palin acted, while Obama remained inert. I’d rather the USA have the restraint Alaska showed under Palin than the lack of restraint shown under Obama and the Democratic Congress.

unclesmrgol on March 18, 2011 at 11:19 PM

Hey, she campaigned for him last election.

AshleyTKing on March 18, 2011 at 11:18 PM

So did tens of thousands of others.

sharrukin on March 18, 2011 at 11:19 PM

SgtSVJones on March 18, 2011 at 10:53 PM

At CPAC, the Young Republicans from Alaska would have told you the same thing.

AshleyTKing on March 18, 2011 at 11:01 PM

I apologize….I should have used the phrase, “intelligent
chat”.

Amjean on March 18, 2011 at 11:20 PM

kringeesmom on March 18, 2011 at 11:16 PM

Good Post. Many people see it the same way you do. :)

Geochelone on March 18, 2011 at 11:21 PM

I want Sarah to run if only to see the lengths the LSM will go to make up lies about her and to see to what extent they’ll defend their boy.

SouthernGent on March 18, 2011 at 11:22 PM

$12 FREAKING BILLION SURPLUS…..game, set, match…..Gov Palin owns fiscal conservatism. when any other candidate can even come close to a freaking $12 billion surplus call me. Until them Gov Palin owns this topic. Just like she owns energy.

this is why the left has refused to talk policy against Gov Palin for the last 2 years. This is why they have instead attacked her personally.. If the truth gets out GOv Palin will win the nomination with 80% of the vote.

Let me repeat and drive this point home. $12 BILLION DOLLAR SURPLUS>….

any questions?

unseen on March 18, 2011 at 11:22 PM

hboulware on March 18, 2011 at 11:18 PM

hboulware on March 18, 2011 at 11:07 PM

Actually, what I am not impressed with is someone who posses as a social conservative and then really doesn’t follow through, say, with state judicial nominations.

I care about fiscal conservatism. Strong families, strong defense too. But limited government as a reality, not an easy sound bite.

AshleyTKing on March 18, 2011 at 11:23 PM

I wonder how Ashley T King drew Friday night duty…Anyway as she has to park her ass here all night being obnoxious…I’m going to be skipping a lot of posts

CCRWM on March 18, 2011 at 11:23 PM

Here are four from Alaska: Dan Fagan, Glen Biegel, Rick Rydell, Dave Stieren.

AshleyTKing on March 18, 2011 at 11:15 PM

===========================================

Snort

All Palin-haters….I think the folks at C4P have had to take them down a notch or two over the last two years. Wasn’t Fagan the dude who got kicked off that Alaskan radio station?

shomegirl on March 18, 2011 at 11:23 PM

BTW, here’s video coverage from India Today They are all but calling her President Palin now!

India Buzzing About Sarah Palin’s Visit

BTW, Bill Clinton and Nelson Mandela have also given keynote addresses at the event in the past.

gary4205 on March 18, 2011 at 11:23 PM

Hey, she campaigned for him last election.

AshleyTKing on March 18, 2011 at 11:18 PM

And why is that? Was McCain going to be a thorn to her in the future or maybe having McCain in his position might serve a greater cause…in the near future. Why burn your bridges.

Electrongod on March 18, 2011 at 11:24 PM

AshleyTKing on March 18, 2011 at 11:23 PM

You know… I doubt you care about any of that.

sharrukin on March 18, 2011 at 11:24 PM

Presidential Palin again addresses the issues, straightens out the liberal NYT lies, gives an international speech in India and visits Israel!

Pretend President OBLahBLah watches the mideast burn, disses our allies, coddles our enemies,and when he has the chance to stand for freedom and against a terroist Dictator guilty of killing hundreds of Americans he runs off to Rio for a vacation and refuses to address the press either here or there.

Barrack Hussein OBlahBlah makin Hugo Chavez jealous!

I can see President Sarah Palin 2012 from MY house!

dhunter on March 18, 2011 at 11:25 PM

Cain is awesome but he has never held public office. Palin has on several levels. I like them both but to say Cain has been fighting for two decades and Palin is a Johnny come lately is flat out wrong.

hboulware on March 18, 2011 at 11:25 PM

Even Joe Miller distanced himself from her to a certain extent.

AshleyTKing on March 18, 2011 at 11:10 PM
And Miller lost.

News2Use on March 18, 2011 at 11:16 PM

Miller’s poll numbers cratered when he distanced himself form Gov Palin. They didn’t stop going down until he personally asked Gov Palin to come campaign for him again but by then it was too late. Many people did not like what he did. It was dishonorable and when you are running on your honor it makes a big hit to your numbers….

unseen on March 18, 2011 at 11:26 PM

I assume Alaska doesn’t have random drug testing for public officials.

malclave on March 18, 2011 at 10:38 PM

I have been BEGGIING for years!EVERY DAMN DAY
for our Senators and Congress.,

katy the mean old lady on March 18, 2011 at 11:27 PM

Let me repeat and drive this point home. $12 BILLION DOLLAR SURPLUS>….

any questions?

unseen on March 18, 2011 at 11:22 PM

A downpayment on the repairs to the oil pipeline that is running dry. And as we pursue fairy dreams of natural gas, oil decline will be a greater economic disaster than Easter 1964.

AshleyTKing on March 18, 2011 at 11:27 PM

Cain is awesome but he has never held public office. Palin has on several levels. I like them both but to say Cain has been fighting for two decades and Palin is a Johnny come lately is flat out wrong lying.

hboulware on March 18, 2011 at 11:25 PM

FIFY, buddy. No one can possibly be that stupid. I refuse to believe it.

gryphon202 on March 18, 2011 at 11:28 PM

Wasn’t Fagan the dude who got kicked off that Alaskan radio station?

shomegirl on March 18, 2011 at 11:23 PM

yeah and Gov Palin being the class act she is spoke up for her enemy’s right of free speech…

unseen on March 18, 2011 at 11:28 PM

There is no pipe. Not even a small piece of it.

AshleyTKing on March 18, 2011 at 11:04 PM

Not SUPPOSED TO BE any pipe loon. The pipeline is on schedule, but the actual laying of pipe isn’t scheduled yet.

If you are going to be an idiotic loon, and least try being smarter about it. People here knows Palin’s actual record.

gary4205 on March 18, 2011 at 11:28 PM

AshleyTKing on March 18, 2011 at 11:23 PM

It seems I have lost the explanation concerning the nomination Gov Palin presented that was somewhat controversal. Would you happen to have a link to that story?

News2Use on March 18, 2011 at 11:29 PM

unseen on March 18, 2011 at 11:26 PM

His numbers fell for a number of reasons, some self-inflicted, like not answering questions, having goons for body-guards. Still, I supported him. He would have been great in DC.

AshleyTKing on March 18, 2011 at 11:29 PM

I still miss GrowFins, will he/she ever be back?

kringeesmom on March 18, 2011 at 11:02 PM

No it probably won’t be allowed back but if you really miss it, I’ll bet you can join it in it’s natural habitat, playing with the children of the daily kos.

P. Monk on March 18, 2011 at 11:30 PM

The pipeline is on schedule, but the actual laying of pipe isn’t scheduled yet.

gary4205 on March 18, 2011 at 11:28 PM

There is no schedule and you are the loon Gary.

AshleyTKing on March 18, 2011 at 11:30 PM