Video: Pop music ends

posted at 10:10 pm on March 17, 2011 by Allahpundit

I held out on posting about it for as long as I could but (a) we desperately need a palate cleanser, and (b) as yesterday’s dopey bully post proved, when it comes to news priorities, Obama’s right and I’m wrong.

Do I need to introduce this clip, incidentally? Is there a single HA reader who doesn’t know instantly from the front-page screenshot where this post is headed? When I checked the video’s YouTube page last night, it had somewhere in the neighborhood of 10.5 million views. Go see where it’s at now. The phrase “Rebecca Black” has been one of the top 10 highest trending terms on Twitter for a solid week, and an appearance on “Good Morning America” is in the works. It’s an Internet phenomenon on the order of “Chocolate Rain.” But why? Is it really that bad?

Pretty much, yeah:

Black, 13, certainly never anticipated the social media uproar, mainstream media hellfire, parodies, and remixes that greeted “Friday” as the video became nearly ubiquitous across Facebook, Tumblr, and Twitter. Time.com called the song–which provides a primer on the days of the week, innocently celebrates partying, and ponders the merits of “kickin’ it” in a car’s front versus the back seat from a wholesome teen girl P.O.V.–“a whole new level of bad” and “a train wreck.” Slate proclaimed “Friday” “disastrous” while Yahoo asked straight up, “Is YouTube sensation Rebecca Black’s ‘Friday’ the worst song ever?”…

According to Oliver Wang, a pop-music critic and sociology professor at California State University, Long Beach, “ ‘Friday’ embodies any number of current trends practically guaranteed to inspire a set of backlashes.” Among them: “music for teens, anemic dance tracks, Auto-Tuned vocals, super-trite songwriting and most of all, a resentment towards young people whose presence seems to disproportionately dominate social media.”

The first time I watched it, I wasn’t paying attention to the lyrics so I missed the joke. It sounded like any other piece of tween bubblegum, basically a Miley Cyrus number produced in 10 minutes instead of 20. But now that I’ve absorbed it all — the “cereal” line, the monotone “fun, fun, fun, fun” refrain, and the immortal Thursday/Friday/Saturday/Sunday chronology — I … still think it sounds like a Miley Cyrus number produced in 10 minutes instead of 20. It’s catchy as hell in its own goofy way, which helps explain why it’s now at number 54 on iTunes and climbing. I hope the poor kid makes millions from it; some of the mockery’s been so nasty and personal that she says she feels “cyberbullied.” She’ll have the last laugh when she and Justin Bieber open the MTV Video Music Awards by dueting on it. (That’s a prediction, not a confirmed fact, but just you wait.)

As for how this production came to be, well, that’s a long strange story, my friends. I’ll leave you to follow that last link and see for yourself how strange. Just know this: If you’ve got a little girl at home who’s dreaming of Miley-esque stardom, start saving now. After this, it’ll be “Friday” for every tween in the land. Three clips for you here, one of the video itself and two parody/tributes. The Dylan cover is my favorite.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Wait… was that Christine O’Donnell?

pappy on March 17, 2011 at 11:22 PM

I envision a video which shows her pulling out monday/tuesday/wednesday…underwear from her dresser, confused as to which pair to wear. Saturday comes after Friday…

Buy Danish on March 17, 2011 at 11:17 PM

I thought the same thing but it seemed to creepy to write about because she looks like she could be younger than 18. That said, we can only hope her follow up hit song is titled Hello Kitty.

Alden Pyle on March 17, 2011 at 11:23 PM

Androids and robots will be humming this in a hundred years.

profitsbeard on March 17, 2011 at 11:28 PM

It’s got one thing going for it. It’s so straightforward that it can’t possibly be parodied in a literal video. There’s just nothing left to interpret.

rihar on March 17, 2011 at 11:34 PM

Congrats Blatanblue…your music is pretty good…

CCRWM on March 17, 2011 at 11:38 PM

Seems like a sweet kid. Too bad she’s getting such abuse. But those lyrics!… *barf*

KS Rex on March 17, 2011 at 11:39 PM

For a lot of 13-yr-olds, I bet this seems like a great song.

Clark1 on March 17, 2011 at 11:06 PM

…which is part of the problem.

Music has been dummied down with so many over produced one hit wonders that this brain screecher is not only acceptable….it is a hit.

….I congratulate her on her success….she has certainly lowered the bar enough that anybody….and I mean anybody….can throw together the most moronic paragraph of drivel…put a simple jingle to it…then wait for the grammy’s to come…..

Baxter Greene on March 17, 2011 at 11:44 PM

Thanks a lot ccrwm!!!

blatantblue on March 17, 2011 at 11:46 PM

I have no idea what any of this is and think I am deciding against diving in.

Cindy Munford on March 17, 2011 at 11:46 PM

KS Rex on March 17, 2011 at 11:39 PM

The lyrics really are atrocious.

terryannonline on March 17, 2011 at 11:46 PM

Actually I’ve heard a LOT WORSE.

Listen to the crap on the Pop Radio stations in any city in America. Have of it is so profane you can’t even have the radio on in the car (if you have kids) on anymore.

It’s pretty catchy, actually, now I’ve got it stuck in my head about ‘the bowl’. The Groundhog Day and Dylan mixes were a hoot too.

***why is it so popular?
It seems unpolished, unplanned, spontaneous. Kind of like the Bully video (real), Susan Boyle audition (real), and so on.

PappyD61 on March 17, 2011 at 11:46 PM

A clip of Mountain, doing Mississippi Queen at a fest in 1970 in Michigan, that was as big and nice as Woodstock, but never got the publicity.

Patrick on March 17, 2011 at 10:38 PM

Lord, I have better recordings of my garage band during the Atlanta Olympic Bombing.

Who is John Galt on March 17, 2011 at 11:48 PM

Now for some new, real music. Funny as heck video, too!

Foo Fighters – White Limo

Christien on March 17, 2011 at 11:50 PM

People are so jaded. This is just some young girl having the time of her life because her parents bought her a session in a music studio. When have we become so miserable in life that we need to dump on some teenage girl for just being a teenage girl.

If it was my daughter I’d pull a Jay and Silent Bob and hunt every rude commenter on the internet down and beat them up.

Vincenzo on March 17, 2011 at 11:53 PM

She doesn’t have a thing on Robin Sparkles.

BDavis on March 17, 2011 at 11:56 PM

This the first auto-tune that broke big. Great bit with Katie Couric at 1:20 in.

John the Libertarian on March 17, 2011 at 11:05 PM

I hate to be pedant, especially an auto-tune pedant, but this was the first auto-tune hit.

clearbluesky on March 18, 2011 at 12:00 AM

I’m shocked anyone thinks this is anything other than harmless fun. For a lot of 13-yr-olds, I bet this seems like a great song.

Clark1 on March 17, 2011 at 11:06 PM

I don’t know. When I was 14 I listened to Thin Lizzy, ELO, and Mott the Hoople.

Seems like, uh….just a bit of a drop-off to me, but maybe I’m just old.

Actually, I am old. But still….

This thing makes the Bay City Rollers (to name the mid 70′s equivalent) sound like Beethoven. Sad what has happened to music.

Funny how much better the songs on the faux calendar in the video were than this piece of crap. Why didn’t she just cover Friday on My Mind or Manic Monday, instead?

Dreadnought on March 18, 2011 at 12:02 AM

Now for some new, real music. Funny as heck video, too!

Foo Fighters – White Limo

Christien on March 17, 2011 at 11:50 PM

That’s horrible. FF jumped the shark into screaming noise. Sad. They used to be good.

Re

Who is John Galt on March 18, 2011 at 12:02 AM

Vincenzo on March 17, 2011 at 11:53 PM

Oh boy.

Sorry. Crap is crap. Just because it’s somebody’s kid doesn’t make it any better.

Dreadnought on March 18, 2011 at 12:06 AM

Black – Friday — indeed

But seriously, how demented do you have to be to BUY this song on iTunes–even if you like it (bless ur heart), just copy it off of YouTube — or do you really need the “hi-fi” version???????

This “phenomena” does help explain how Obambi was elected…

mockmook on March 18, 2011 at 12:10 AM

I think there is a good chance you will find a lot of Rebecca Black fans here:

Charlie Sheen Sells Out Two Nights at Radio City Music Hall

Tickets for Charlie Sheen‘s “show” at Radio City Music Hall went on sale at 11am today on ticketmaster.com. At 11:01 there were no regular priced tickets to be had.

…..”We…we…we…so excited”….

Baxter Greene on March 18, 2011 at 12:11 AM

Now it’s Friday.

Ronnie on March 18, 2011 at 12:13 AM

Who is John Galt on March 18, 2011 at 12:02 AM

Sounds a lot like Beenie Weenie. You ID’d the limo driver, right?

Christien on March 18, 2011 at 12:17 AM

Blatantblue, you totally rock!

As to the tween twaddle, Friday…. *shudder* That is just soul crushing, mind-numblingly bad, right there.

Saw the other link (CJ Fam?) to a child that looks like Shirley Temple on steroids and crack. *shudder* again.

There is no such thing as “good pop” anymore. If there ever really was.

tickleddragon on March 18, 2011 at 12:20 AM

Someone ask for Chocolate Rain?

That brings back memories, I’d not been on HotAir that long, and was totally confused as to what folks were talking about when they said “Chocolate Rain”. Like others, I thought it was something either racist or dirty. :)

tickleddragon on March 18, 2011 at 12:23 AM

Pop or parody? We may never know.

Mojave Mark on March 18, 2011 at 12:26 AM

tickleddragon on March 18, 2011 at 12:20 AM

Thanks so much! Always just trying to spread the word :)

blatantblue on March 18, 2011 at 12:26 AM

New level of vacuousness achieved – Congratulations Rebecca!

CliffHanger on March 18, 2011 at 12:27 AM

this was the first auto-tune hit.

clearbluesky on March 18, 2011 at 12:00 AM

I stand corrected!

John the Libertarian on March 18, 2011 at 12:40 AM

How is this any different than “I’m a Barbie Girl in a Barbie World”?

There’s nothing here.

Shy Guy on March 18, 2011 at 12:41 AM

{raises hand} Yeah, that’d be me!

Think I like her version better than the Dylan version. But both of their voices are rather like fingernails on a chalkboard (not that that’s ever really bothered me).

Wonder if she’ll cover some Neil Young?

Dr. ZhivBlago on March 18, 2011 at 12:41 AM

Whoa. That’s why I only listen to country or to oldies on the radio. I think the country people should work on re-branding a little. Something like–”Country: music for grown-ups.”

smellthecoffee on March 18, 2011 at 12:50 AM

I had no idea what this was Allah, you made it sound like something I should have known about.

The Casey the Punisher video was awesome and actually lead to some good debates, this on the other hand?

Oh and shame on Slate and any other grown fool who mocks this kid – she’s a KID. we all know the state of the music industry, add some more autotune and slutty lyrics and you got the Black Eyed Peas.

Daemonocracy on March 18, 2011 at 12:52 AM

I have no idea what any of this is and think I am deciding against diving in.

Cindy Munford on March 17, 2011 at 11:46 PM

Same here. I saw the screenshot, had no idea where the post was headed, and I’m kinda glad….

joejm65 on March 18, 2011 at 12:57 AM

And Chocolate Rain isn’t something disgusting is it?

sharrukin on March 17, 2011 at 10:22 PM

Actually, I was just realizing some of us waste way too much time on here. Chocolate Rain is a song by this random nerdy black kid that sounds like he should be 60 and 250 lbs. And there’s a new one of those annoying videos by the same people out: For your enjoyment, I present-My Jeans!

di butler on March 18, 2011 at 12:59 AM

Sorry, I’m not 15 anymore so I can’t keep up with every single new meme.

Seems like schlock, but I doubt my lyrics were much better when I was that age. Probably much darker, though.

Good Solid B-Plus on March 18, 2011 at 12:59 AM

For the record, a friend explained what “Whip My Hair” was just a few weeks ago.

I guess I’m just not interested in utter crap the way I used to be.

Good Solid B-Plus on March 18, 2011 at 1:01 AM

Blatant, awesome. Singer sounds like Ben Gibbard, is that you?

alwaysfiredup on March 18, 2011 at 1:02 AM

Vincenzo on March 17, 2011 at 11:53 PM

There’s 3 videos now. I linked to the last one above. If you pimp your daughter out to a low rate producer because you have money and she wants to be the new Miley, Selena, or Kesha, then you deserve to be kneecapped. At least the Disney kids have to work their a$$es off to perform and act in slave conditions. When they are starting out, they have 60 hr weeks, and if you are like Miley Cyrus, you have so many Disney events, ABC performances and interviews, and concerts, and autograph signings to do on top of everything else required by your contract. They work those kids like dogs for the payoff. This is some brat that threw a fit for a career and pushed mommy and daddy into this mess.

di butler on March 18, 2011 at 1:05 AM

heh. You’re late.

Music started to die when video became de rigueur.

dissent555 on March 18, 2011 at 1:07 AM

Music started to die when video became de rigueur.

dissent555 on March 18, 2011 at 1:07 AM

You mean video killed the radio star?

alwaysfiredup on March 18, 2011 at 1:10 AM

It’s hard to believe there is music that makes Rap look good.

Rocks on March 18, 2011 at 1:10 AM

Blatant, awesome. Singer sounds like Ben Gibbard, is that you?
alwaysfiredup on March 18, 2011 at 1:02 AM

Thanks! I’m the drummer tho :P

blatantblue on March 18, 2011 at 1:11 AM

It’s hard to believe there is music that makes Rap look good.

Rocks on March 18, 2011 at 1:10 AM

Yes it is, and so far I haven’t seen it.

NSFW warning…

sharrukin on March 18, 2011 at 1:14 AM

If you want to listen to good smart and intelligent music…listen to Radiohead.

They don’t produce crappy music…ever.

Conservative Samizdat on March 18, 2011 at 1:14 AM

I’m not quite sure why people would want to attack a young girl over a stupid song.
I used to like listening to Hall & Oates for God’s sake.
But then I also listened to the Beatles, Marty Robbins, Sinatra, Chris LeDoux yadda yadda yadda.
WhoTF cares if it’s bad.
As a HS teacher, I see the fads come & go with these kids.
Same way they did with all of us.
There was crap way back when just like there’s crap now.
And sometimes something good comes along.
Let It Be!

Badger40 on March 18, 2011 at 1:24 AM

Badger40 on March 18, 2011 at 1:24 AM

You say that as if there’s something wrong with Hall and Oates….

Good Solid B-Plus on March 18, 2011 at 1:40 AM

Badger40 on March 18, 2011 at 1:24 AM

This is where you all are missing the point. The video has gotten so many hits because the kids don’t like it. They are making fun of it, and this is mostly getting play by old dudes who like videos of preteen girls, IYWIM. These are pimped to pervs. Get it now?

di butler on March 18, 2011 at 2:15 AM

A 13 year old is driving the car. What’s next, shots of her at a nightclub?

V-rod on March 18, 2011 at 4:48 AM

If you must absolutely listen to pop music, listen to something that is at least “quality” pop.

While some of Pigeon’s stuff is just humorous, the guy is actually a very serious song writer.

He is one of the only artists that can go from pop music to a blues style with roughly a Waltz rhythm.

It is unfortunate that the culture has rejected him as a mainstream artist because his wife works to stop sex worker exploitation and he openly acknowledges his Christian roots (Verse 3).

The best part is that his music relates to beta males like Allah.

And he was involved in what is by far the most EPIC song about meeting women.

Tim Burton on March 18, 2011 at 5:06 AM

Tim Burton on March 18, 2011 at 5:07 AM

Tim Burton on March 18, 2011 at 5:07 AM

The best part is that his music relates to beta males like Allah.

And he was involved in what is by far the most EPIC song about meeting women.

Tim Burton on March 18, 2011 at 5:08 AM

Sorry for the multiple posts, but there were too many links for hotair to post, so I had to break it up.

Tim Burton on March 18, 2011 at 5:08 AM

Wow. That was both amazingly vapid and catchy. :) :) :)

By the way, it is up to over 14,000,000 hits now.

Theophile on March 18, 2011 at 5:26 AM

Any of you who old farts who think Rebecca Black is one iota worse than this crap from 60s, you are fooling yourselves.

Pop music has always been about shallow lyrics. I dare anybody to try and tell me about the deep meaning or lyrical sophistication involved in “I Get Around”.

NO DIFFERENCE!!!

HDFOB on March 18, 2011 at 5:59 AM

A 13 year old is driving the car. What’s next, shots of her at a nightclub?

V-rod on March 18, 2011 at 4:48 AM

A green and white video ala Paris Hilton.

Tim Burton on March 18, 2011 at 6:07 AM

HDFOB on March 18, 2011 at 5:59 AM

At least they had enough morals not to degrade women to their v@ginas and breasts in their songs.

All of the guys go steady cuz it wouldn’t be right, to leave the best girl home on a Saturday night.

Tim Burton on March 18, 2011 at 6:12 AM

HDFOB on March 18, 2011 at 5:59 AM

But I don’t care what you say, 409 is a very important song. So far, it’s the only song ever about an engine.

Tim Burton on March 18, 2011 at 6:12 AM

This is the end of pop music? Hardly. Pop music ended with the breakup of 1910 Fruitgum Company. After Yummy, Yummy, Yummy, I Got Love in My Tummy, there was just nothing left to say.

Bugler on March 18, 2011 at 6:36 AM

It’s a fun song and if people like they like it. Probably some folks are just plain jealous.

JellyToast on March 18, 2011 at 6:37 AM

The Groundhog Day remix is perfect. She’s a disaster, but seriously — is she any worse than Bieber or rap or any of the rest of the crap that LA has been spewing for thirty years?

Jaibones on March 18, 2011 at 6:44 AM

Jaibones on March 18, 2011 at 6:44 AM

Yeah, Like, Lady Gaga? Talk about a disaster! Talk about some garbage!

JellyToast on March 18, 2011 at 6:47 AM

Gee, this latest circle of hell sure has a catchy beat. I may be mistaken, but I think this song was in the bible as a sign of the apocalypse.

Huckabye-Romney on March 18, 2011 at 7:09 AM

Okay, decision made after reading the comments. I’m going to try very hard to be the last person in America to hear it, so no clicky for me.

Scott P on March 18, 2011 at 7:38 AM

A much better Friday song that speaks more to working people: Weekend Song by the Freestylers:

kooly on March 18, 2011 at 7:48 AM

Cindy Munford on March 17, 2011 at 11:46 PM

Ditto

MJBrutus on March 18, 2011 at 8:04 AM

Wow. That was God-awful. She’s got a range of about three notes.

crazy_legs on March 18, 2011 at 8:05 AM

smellthecoffee on March 18, 2011 at 12:50 AM

Rather than torture you with a million examples of country music that is nearly as bad as this tripe, let me just fix this for you: Classical – Music for grown ups.

Jaibones on March 18, 2011 at 8:16 AM

It’s official:

Music is dead,
Andy Warhol was right,
American kids are morons,
We’re doomed.

BierManVA on March 18, 2011 at 8:17 AM

The music industry is like the movie industry; it’s easier to regard the entire thing as a pointless, talentless pile of steaming bullsh*t and propaganda, and then enjoy the exceedingly rare exceptions to this rule.

She’s a dope 13 year old who needs to be grounded for a year and then sent to Bangladesh to do charity work for poor people, but is this crap really any worse than the entire body of work produced by Stevie “Guitar” Miller?

Jaibones on March 18, 2011 at 8:21 AM

Yeah, Like, Lady Gaga? Talk about a disaster! Talk about some garbage!

JellyToast on March 18, 2011 at 6:47 AM

M & M? Child, please…

Jaibones on March 18, 2011 at 8:22 AM

I say good for her. Who cares if the lyrics stink? At least she tried to create something by herself instead of taking it from others. That’s a good lesson for kids in her generation.

stuartm650 on March 18, 2011 at 8:32 AM

My dad loved Elvis, who was hated by his father, but hated the Stones who I liked, but I hate Rap and think it is the end of our society (and I’m sure I’m right by God!)

The point is let the music play. If we live through this, like I did the disco era, we’ll be fine. Bigger fish to fry. Besides at least she’s not getting her “street creds” by shooting a “9″ at her competition.

archer52 on March 18, 2011 at 8:41 AM

What do I know? I’ve had a week of T-Bone Walker, and last week it was Johnny Winter. Started listening to that at 13, so that makes 34 years outside the pop circle. I’m a blues fan, what can I say? I’ve always said 95% of music is crap, and 5% is truly talented. Always been that way..

adamsmith on March 18, 2011 at 8:58 AM

America died a little after that video was made…

Wyznowski on March 18, 2011 at 9:25 AM

Get it now?

di butler on March 18, 2011 at 2:15 AM

got it the 1st time.
I know they’re making fun of her & that’s why she’s got all those hits.
The ‘fad’ in this with people is that they are making fun of it.
The Barbie Girl song is another example of why awful songs get ‘popular’.
IMHO every song I’ve heard from the Black Eyed Peas is horrible garbage. Lady Gaga puts out horrible garbage.
Justin Bieber puts out horrible garbage.
I think Tim McGraw has put out a lot of garbage + a bunch of other ‘country’ singers.
Some old country was horrible garbage, too.
Hell, some of Chris LeDoux’s songs, which I love just abt all of them, were pretty bad.
Copenhagen Angel, anyone?
But it’s all in good fun & there are still people out there producing good stuff.

Badger40 on March 18, 2011 at 9:32 AM

Yesterday was Thursday!

wheelgun on March 18, 2011 at 10:04 AM

It’s already on the elevator Muzak here in the building, so…

Akzed on March 18, 2011 at 10:23 AM

Anonymous sources say this will be the theme song for any Palin campaign. Only her FB friends will be provided the decoder to make sense of it….

Bradky on March 18, 2011 at 10:57 AM

Damn!
That made Chocolate Rain sound good.

But can anything top this?

esnap on March 18, 2011 at 11:04 AM

The Tay Zonday of heroically bad Internet bubblegum pop.

Good Lt on March 18, 2011 at 11:30 AM

I could only take one minute.

skydaddy on March 18, 2011 at 12:01 PM

I’m thinking about going down to the local junior high school and finding a blackboard so I can run my finger nails across it a couple of time, just to clear my ears…

karl9000 on March 18, 2011 at 1:06 PM

I have never heard of her or her song until now. I still do not understand why it is even posted here, slow news day…I think not. Oh well I will just stick my head back into the spreadsheet I was working on.

Oh and to day is Friday friday friday…..I think.

Teleycoman on March 18, 2011 at 1:07 PM

Oh, good heavens! She’s having fun, her “peeps” are having fun, it’s a catchy tune, and it will never be heard alongside Mozart’s Requiem at Carnegie.

Good thing music is big enough for all tastes. Something there for everyone, including tweenie boppers.

So give the kid a break. She’s found a niche, is filling it, and like AP said, I hope she makes a million bucks with it. And when she grows up, we can only hope and pray that this success won’t make her feel like emulating a slattern is the only option available to her.

Tennman on March 18, 2011 at 1:07 PM

Until I heard Amanda, I never truly appreciated the talents of OMC. How Bizarre

Medicated on March 18, 2011 at 1:11 PM

We haven’t it rock bottom until the lyrics are al in text speech. kthxbai!

BrideOfRove on March 18, 2011 at 1:29 PM

I have no idea what any of this is and think I am deciding against diving in.

Cindy Munford on March 17, 2011 at 11:46 PM

You and I must have been born on the same planet.

However, I can relate to Bill Murray smashing the radio. Natural reaction to this song.

Rod on March 18, 2011 at 1:50 PM

“Back in the USSR”

Voyager on March 17, 2011 at 10:44 PM

Come on! It was a rip on the Beach Boy’s California Girls. Plus Georgia’s always on my mind is tipping a hat to Ray Charles.

John the Libertarian on March 17, 2011 at 10:58 PM

I guess I’ve just heard enough people espousing the joys of central planning so often that it didn’t sound like much of a joke.

Voyager on March 18, 2011 at 1:52 PM

Listen to their pre-Fergie stuff. It was respectable.

Tim Burton on March 18, 2011 at 2:31 PM

ENOUGH OF THE AUTO-TUNE BS ALREADY!!!

It was interesting for about 3 minutes back when Cher did it, but FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!

RedbonePro on March 18, 2011 at 2:46 PM

I’ve heard worse. I first heard “Back in the USSR” after I had read both “The Liberators” and “Inside the Aquarium” and already had a pretty good idea of exactly how “lucky” one was to be in the USSR, which such memorable segments as the poisoning of the Volga, orientation films featuring a former co-worker being fed feet first into an incinerator, and other such “fun”.

Perhaps its the number of useful idiots I seem to find myself dealing with, who are absolutely certain that state run everyting is the greatest thing since sliced bread that is why that song really gets to me.

Voyager on March 17, 2011 at 10:44 PM

Facepalm.

You don’t…get it.

You-Eh-Vee on March 18, 2011 at 2:59 PM

I was tempted to click out early, but I’m glad I stuck around for the Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday chronology.

txsurveyor on March 18, 2011 at 6:02 PM

The dylan one is actually PRETTY GOOD! lol!
(And I hate dylan!!!)

:D

Handel on March 18, 2011 at 10:13 PM

(and yes..I know its a parody…)

Handel on March 18, 2011 at 10:13 PM

Sounds the same as the professional stuff to me. Lyrics are just as good as the crap Gaga puts out there.

Pattosensei on March 18, 2011 at 10:56 PM

Handel:

The “cereal” part at the beginning of Dylan — actually OL’d my L. ditto your whole post on Dylan.

I hope she can keep her feet on the ground. I would hate for this silly weirdness to actually hurt the girl.

Axe on March 19, 2011 at 2:19 AM

I don’t get it. The song sucks, but so does all other pop music. This is on the same level as any of the other crap that comes out of Diseny Radio ro anything else.

jeffn21 on March 19, 2011 at 8:56 AM