Bully body slam II: Apology demanded by … bully’s mother; Update: Corrected — bully’s mom wants son to apologize

posted at 8:45 pm on March 16, 2011 by Allahpundit

Sad but true: In a week dominated by harrowing news from Japan and Libya, not only was this moronic post the most heavily trafficked on the site yesterday, it’s the most heavily trafficked today too. By a wide, wide margin, thanks to people flowing in via Google. And it’s not unique to us. An aside buried in the Daily Telegraph’s latest story about this: “At thetelegraph.com.au, the footage [of the bullying incident] was viewed four times more than the devastation that has struck Japan.” Between popping iodide tablets and fretting about the carnage to come in Benghazi, the world’s got a fee-vah and the only prescription is more bully body slam.

Which means, I guess, that I owe Obama an apology for goofing on him over his NCAA brackets. No worries, champ: Your priorities are just fine.

If you’re wondering how bullies become bullies, perhaps we’ll find a clue here:

The emotional mother of Ritchard Gale, Tina, told the Seven Network last night that she and her family have been victimised by the footage, which has spread worldwide. She also demanded an apology from the victim.

“We don’t need this posted everywhere,” she said. “I would like him to apologise.”

She said she was “shocked” at her son’s behaviour, but did not think he deserved to be bodyslammed by Year 10 student Casey Heynes at Chifley College’s Dunheved Campus, St Marys.

“I was actually shocked because I always brought my three children up to walk away from fights,” she said.

I take her point about unwelcome attention from the video, but apparently this poor kid has been through hell at the school. If not for the clip, how much longer would it have gone on?

Casey’s father said yesterday his son had been the victim of bullying for several years and feared for his safety if he spoke about the fight.

“There’ll be reprisals from other kids in the school and he still has to go to school somewhere,” he said…

Students said violence was a daily occurrence with fights often filmed and posted online.

“The fights I have seen here, it’s horrible. It really makes me feel unsafe,” one said. A classmate added: “People pick on him every single day, they hit him around and stuff, and he just got sick of it and let out the anger.”

To give you a sense of just how far this story has spread, here’s the latest from Taiwanese animators NMA. Exit question: There’s no other way for this story to end than with the bully’s family sitting down with Casey’s on Oprah, is there?

Update: Oh geez. Good work, Telegraph.

IN an article published in The Daily Telegraph yesterday headlined “Bully’s angry mum wants victim to apologise”, it was written that bully Ritchard Gale’s mother Tina wanted her son’s victim to apologise for slamming her son to the ground.

But she had, in fact, said she wanted her son to apologise to his victim.

The Daily Telegraph apologises for the error.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Body slam the mother of the bully?

And if the parents of the kid that was being picked on KNEW this trash was going and let him have to endure it……hello, are PRIVATE schools not available down under?

PappyD61 on March 16, 2011 at 10:46 PM

Break out the Fosters, it’s summit time!

Mallard T. Drake on March 16, 2011 at 10:49 PM

I wonder how much bullying would be reduced if all cell phones were banned at school?

You know? Like it was 5 or so years ago (and before).

BowHuntingTexas on March 16, 2011 at 10:50 PM

Break out the Fosters, it’s summit time!

Mallard T. Drake on March 16, 2011 at 10:49 PM

Fosters! Australian for “Beer (summit)!”

gryphon202 on March 16, 2011 at 10:59 PM

They are not old enough to enjoy Obamee Brew! D@mn the Luck!

Roy Rogers on March 16, 2011 at 10:59 PM

Which is why the Aussies have become a nation less than their fathers were.

Scribbler on March 16, 2011 at 11:03 PM

LOL! Fosters is actually made in Canada (go figure?)

The “Budweiser” of Australia is known as VB (Victoria Bitter). No bad…for a beer loving country.

Gob on March 16, 2011 at 11:04 PM

Apologize? Hell, YOU should be THANKING that kid for doing to your kid what YOU should’ve done YEARS ago! Thank him for doing YOUR job, teaching him RIGHT FROM WRONG!

Tony737 on March 16, 2011 at 11:05 PM

I am watching the military channel right now and they are remaking the battle of 73 Easting during First Gulf War. – Marlin

I remember reading about that in the Stars and Stripes a few days after it happened, amazing stuff.

The Military Channel rules!

Tony737 on March 16, 2011 at 11:09 PM

Epic fail, Mother of the bully…

It started when you spelled his name “Ritchard”… You should have used 2 x “a’s”…

Enjoy your 21 (suspension) days with the bully… Tell him he’s lucky the guy he picked the fight with WALKED AWAY when he was on the ground, instead of just PUNISHING HIM FOR BEING AN ABSOLUTE IDIOT BY INTRODUCING HIS FACE TO THE SIDEWALK SEVERAL TIMES…

Khun Joe on March 16, 2011 at 11:18 PM

Probably the last time the slamee will pick on the slammer.

Dr. ZhivBlago on March 16, 2011 at 11:19 PM

I saw a picture that I assumed was “Ratface” on crutches. Was that him after this body slam and was he injured? Anyone heard?

silvernana on March 16, 2011 at 11:22 PM

The Military Channel rules!

Tony737 on March 16, 2011 at 11:09 PM

Yes, it was an amazing battle.

bluemarlin on March 16, 2011 at 11:29 PM

I don’t think the original post was moronic. Some very-mean kids decided to set up a fight with a someone that they thought was an easy target and got the cameras rolling in advance to film their “daring” exploits.

Unfortunately for them, the victim slammed their cocky-pal into the bricks after turning the other cheek.
In trying times people crave good news.

Watching that little snot get body-slammed counts as VERY good new.

shorebird on March 16, 2011 at 11:30 PM

I think it’s great so many people worldwide have been given the opportunity to relive vicariously through this incident their own childhood experiences. So many war stories. It’s amazing how clearly people can recount their ordeals years and even decades later. I hope both boys turn into fine men.

Christien on March 16, 2011 at 11:31 PM

Someone needs to post the phone number of Tina’s.

Not only does her kid deserve another ar$e whooping, she does too.

I swear my kid ever gets bulled and fights back and they suspend him, I’m at least suing if not beating the hell out of the parents.

Tim Burton on March 16, 2011 at 11:39 PM

silvernana on March 16, 2011 at 11:22 PM

I think he took quite a hit to his lower leg on the little brick wall so he might have been on crutches. other than that I think his ego hurts more now.

bluemarlin on March 16, 2011 at 11:41 PM

I called it yesterday, I knew the bully would get the victim status treatment.

ButterflyDragon on March 16, 2011 at 11:50 PM

I guess badly run schools are pretty much world wide. This one sounds like one of the worst examples.

jeanie on March 16, 2011 at 11:52 PM

I agree with mama on this one. There should be an apology from the boy who body-slammed her son.

I’ll even compose it for delivery to my fellow fat-boy.

“I’m very sorry that I picked your son up and slammed him to the ground and storming off. If I had it all to do over again, I would have done things differently. After slamming him to the ground, I would I should have picked his scrawny little body up, slammed it down again, and repeated the move until I drew blood. Then I would have stood over him and kicked him until someone from the administration arrived and confiscated the camera from his punk friend who thought it would be great to film your son’s original assault on me. Then I would have kicked the crap out of him, too.”

RhymesWithRight on March 16, 2011 at 11:54 PM

I’m not surprised.
I actually have dealt with things similar to this in our rural school.
As a teacher I simply document EVERYTHING.
When the kid goes pee, how long it takes, if an assignment is finished or unfinished, keep all tests & other important assignments, but I write it ALL down.
No parent has EVER been able to get past this.
Too many parents everywhere are just like this.
When most of us were in school, it wasn’t, What did that bad ol’ teacher do to you, Johnny?
It was, What the hell did you do this time, Johnny?

Badger40 on March 16, 2011 at 11:56 PM

Another body slam would be better. This one for the bully’s parents.

petefrt on March 16, 2011 at 11:59 PM

Too much criticism of Teh One if there were a beer summit.

Maybe an Ovaltine Summit.

eeyore on March 16, 2011 at 11:59 PM

Badger40 on March 16, 2011 at 11:56 PM

Hang in there, B. Yours is a thankless job. If there were more like you, we’d all be better off.

petefrt on March 17, 2011 at 12:02 AM

i still say good for the kid. He didn’t pile drive the bully or anything and at the worst he slammed the bully’s knee into the ground. Good for Casey in standing up for himself and showing the bully that he shouldn’t be such a punk ass because there are consequences for your actions.

MFn G I M P on March 17, 2011 at 12:04 AM

Mother-of-the-bully, I’d be willing to bet Casey had taken it many, many times before finally throwing your kid like a rag doll. And has been pointed out by others, he could have carried the punishment a lot farther. It did bother me to see your child hurt, but in the end he brought it down on himself. That doesn’t excuse it, but it is understandable.

nkviking75 on March 17, 2011 at 12:08 AM

The appropriate response to this line of crap is “Eff You”.

Physics Geek on March 17, 2011 at 12:26 AM

Casey = Israel. Bully = Hamas. Bully’s mom = U.N.

GreenBlade on March 17, 2011 at 12:28 AM

I hope both boys turn into fine men.

Christien on March 16, 2011 at 11:31 PM

Something we can agree upon.

Of course, Casey’s much farther along….and Ritchard needs to do a 180 to get to the right direction….but we can certainly agree on the goal.

….and, after all, what better way to turn 180 degrees than getting slammed into something immovable?

cthulhu on March 17, 2011 at 12:29 AM

How about a Vegemite summit?
Ummm wait…

“It’s horrible”

shorebird on March 17, 2011 at 12:33 AM

petefrt on March 17, 2011 at 12:02 AM

It’s pretty hard sometimes when your Superintendent bullies you & the principal also tries to bully you.
We have to ‘transform’ our school environment with some paid bullying program training.
I can hardly effing wait.
*rolls eyes*
So unnecessary when it comes down to the admin just doing their effing job in the 1st place.
More taxpayer $$ down the drain.

Badger40 on March 17, 2011 at 12:38 AM

Badger40 on March 16, 2011 at 11:56 PM

And plenty of teachers lie, with documentation, falsely label Gentle Giants “bully,” then, when the parents park 10 feet away from the playground, they observe the reality that all the so-called “bullied” are themselves the bullies, and the kid the teachers falsely labeled a bully is in reality a sheepdog protecting not only himself but the other bullied kids. Lots of teachers hate the sheepdogs the most, because eventually it comes out that they were lying all along just to avoid having to try to keep the feral predators in line.

Christien on March 17, 2011 at 12:40 AM

It was your punk son’s friends that taped the video..talk to them.

Caper29 on March 17, 2011 at 12:46 AM

She also demanded an apology from the victim.

Well learn something new every day!

I knew “ya can’t fix stupid!”

Now I know “stupid is inherited!”

DSchoen on March 17, 2011 at 12:57 AM

Allahpoopy, your incessant fear-mongering over Japan’s nukes has effectively immunized the world from giving a flatulence. People wanted . . . something else. ANYTHING else.

For example, if you post 100 or so topics on the body-slammed bully, nobody will care about that, either.

Get it yet?

What a tool . . . the kid should have body-slammed you instead.

Adjoran on March 17, 2011 at 1:04 AM

I guess I missed the part where the mom “demanded” and apology. Saying you’d like something is not the same as demanding it. If I missed the “demand,” please point it out. And if Casey decides he wants to apologize to Ritchard, for whatever reason, that’s his business. Believe it or not, sometimes people apologize even when they did nothing wrong.

Gotta love the David vs. Goliath allusion in the article. Casey is Goliath, and Ritchard the evil bully David–just like they taught in Sunday school.

Christien on March 17, 2011 at 1:10 AM

The thing is that if the bully gets caught in the act and gets punished, the lesson taught is “don’t get caught”. If the person being bullied busts his chops, the lesson taught is “don’t bully people”.

crosspatch on March 17, 2011 at 1:12 AM

Ma’am, were that my child, it would be a cold day in hell beforeyou’d get an apology from myself OR my child. And if that meant my kid didn’t get back in the school, then so be it.

The time has come for those who choose to bully other kids, bug them, harass them and otherwise make their lives hell to face up to the consequences of their actions.

The kid who was being bullied was suspended from school (VERY unfair to my mind because it is CLEAR in the video who is bullying who) therefore he was punished and it’s a done deal. The kid who was doing the bullying was also suspended for his behavior and was lucky to come out of the fight without any major injuries.

I would suggest, ma’am, you teach your child some manners and discretion. Because in a few years, his cocky little ass might wind up in traction for screwin’ with someone that much bigger than he is. Should he pull that crap in a city where folks don’t care if they kill you or not, he might wind up in a box instead of a hospital bed. Seems to me instead of worrying about an apology, you might want to spend a little time teaching YOUR child how to behave.

Mad Mad Monica on March 17, 2011 at 1:12 AM

Christien on March 17, 2011 at 1:10 AM

Yeah, the Palestinians have that nasty ass David vs Goliath thing going as well. I guess since they are smaller and get their clocks cleaned on a regular basis by the Israeli’s, we should get all teary eyed about those poor darlings.

sharrukin on March 17, 2011 at 1:15 AM

sharrukin on March 17, 2011 at 1:15 AM

To hear many in the media portray it, the Palestinians are poor Goliath who lash out only after being bullied incessantly by the evil little David Jooooos.

Christien on March 17, 2011 at 1:25 AM

Christien on March 17, 2011 at 1:25 AM

And I am supposed to care what the media justifications are for Palestinian violence?

You seem to have the mindset of someone who is more concerned with being nice, than being just.

sharrukin on March 17, 2011 at 1:35 AM

sharrukin on March 17, 2011 at 1:35 AM

How it seems and how it is. I call BS that the mom “demanded” an apology. Maybe you can prove she did. I don’t think you can. As for the botched David vs. Goliath allusion, care about it if you want.

Christien on March 17, 2011 at 1:59 AM

How it seems and how it is are two different things.

Christien on March 17, 2011 at 2:03 AM

Perhaps Casey could body slam Oprah!
On second thought trying to lift the b@tch would cause undo damage to the poor kid’s muscular-skeletal system.

Bubba Redneck on March 17, 2011 at 2:41 AM

I call BS that the mom “demanded” an apology.

Christien on March 17, 2011 at 1:59 AM

“Demand” is the term used by the Daily Telegraph. Maybe you should ask the newspaper to offer the proof?

They referenced what I assume was a television interview; I spent a few minutes looking for it, but wasn’t able to find it.

malclave on March 17, 2011 at 2:55 AM

malclave on March 17, 2011 at 2:55 AM

Yes, I know. HA changes that actual terms and headlines in source articles all the time, but didn’t do so here? Maybe HA could have changed it back to the mom’s actual words? But where’s the fun in that? Gotta milk this story for all it’s worth? I don’t post at DT, but I saw their claim repeated here, and I post here, so maybe I should ask people here to offer the proof?

Christien on March 17, 2011 at 3:15 AM

Christien on March 17, 2011 at 12:40 AM

To be honest, that’s a pretty dedicated liar there.
Of course I only have my unique experience here in ND as a teacher for ~8 years.
There are plenty of crappy teachers out there, but documenting lies & making $hit up like that?
While your claims of lying teachers is certainly plausible & may have indeed happened as you say, I am calling BS on it happening with ‘plenty’ of frequency.
I find that an extremely bizarre statement to make.
You act like teachers do that all the time.

Badger40 on March 17, 2011 at 4:13 AM

Christien on March 17, 2011 at 12:40 AM

I think you are speaking of a personal experience here or something.
I have not found this to be a normal occurrence in schools in ND.
The teachers I know, even the $hittiest ones, don’t do stuff like that.
And most teachers aren’t even capable of that level of dedication & intent to deceive.

Badger40 on March 17, 2011 at 4:16 AM

Tina Gale has some weapons grade chutzpah.

RickZ on March 17, 2011 at 4:42 AM

I don’t think the post was moronic. The whole world is feeling bullied. We’re all put upon. We all feel the world is too difficult, that we don’t have enough time, and we’re taxed too much, and government is not responsive or responsible enough. We’re not the ones who are unreasonable. We are not the ones who are greedy. The public unions are using violence (delving into fascism) and ironically claiming they represent democracy – no such thing!

This video struck a chord because we are Casey.

The real problem I see is this was not simple bullying caught randomly on video. This was a premeditated assault. The videographer conspired with the criminal. This is much more serious than people are making it.

Casey is a hero. He took all the helplessness he felt (and we all feel), got fed up, summoned the courage he had, and took a stand. Would that we all were so bold!

The scales have been out of balance for too long. Too many bullies taking too much. But, baby, the tide is turning!

Pablo Snooze on March 17, 2011 at 4:45 AM

So much for a body at rest stays at rest… let the bodies bullies hit the floor!
Yes the video needs to posted all over the internet and your antagonist, twit of a kid needs to realize that you don’t screw with people who don’t want to fight.

kregg on March 17, 2011 at 6:10 AM

I see the Bully as the Democrats and the rotund little fella as a Conservative. The Dems taunt and taunt with no way to fight it out. The Conservative takes it and takes it trying to do the right thing and then enough is enough. Naturally, the bully then becomes the victim. Like my rotund little hero, the Conservatives need to do this politically to Pelosi,Reid,Obamalinsky,etc…. Bodyslam them over and over to get their attention and let them know their BS won’t be tolerated….

adamsmith on March 17, 2011 at 6:44 AM

It has been asked why the bullied child hasn’t been pulled from the situation to be home schooled. The unfortunate answer is that home schooling (and church schools) in OZ are so very difficult to legally do as to effectively be illegal. Which is why the Aussies have become a nation less than their fathers were. Indeed, their continental status should again be reduced (like Pluto) to the largest island of Australasia.

Scribbler on March 16, 2011 at 11:03 PM

I don’t know what Australia you’ve visited, Scribber, maybe one out near Pluto or, more likely, Uranus. The Australia I live in has both home schooling and church schools aplenty. The various State education departments will assist any parent who wants to home school their kids, provide curriculum and exams. Parents don’t have to have any qualifications and they don’t need to be in remote areas – they can live next door to a school and still home school if they want. As for church schools, there are at least a dozen within 10km from where I live and they’re all fully subscribed because most don’t have the problems inherant in the State school system so parents are willing to pay the fees. If Australia is less of a nation than it was, it’s for the same reason Americans, Brits, everyone in the West are a bunch of pussies these days – because of socialism and political correctness. BTW, since when was Pluto a continent or the largest island of Australasia? Sheesh…

The Thin Man Returns on March 17, 2011 at 6:53 AM

Mommy should be thanking Casey for sparing her darling little bully of a son. Little dip shi’ite deserved a Texas two step in the face once he was put down.

Roy Rogers on March 17, 2011 at 6:54 AM

The mother needs to be body-slammed as well.

zoyclem on March 17, 2011 at 6:55 AM

LOL! Fosters is actually made in Canada (go figure?)

Gob on March 16, 2011 at 11:04 PM
——
It’s brewed in many different places under license.
It’s brewed in America too.

Oh no – now the bully’s mother is going to want Fosters to apologize to her scumbag son as well.

Dave Rywall on March 17, 2011 at 7:32 AM

Dear Mother of a Bully,

Nuts!

Signed,

The Punisher

IUnknown on March 17, 2011 at 7:38 AM

Ritchard Gale

There’s clue number one. By there way, where’s Daddy?

Thought so.

MNHawk on March 17, 2011 at 7:44 AM

Well, the bully’s family could choose Jerry Springer or Maury Povich.

mizflame98 on March 17, 2011 at 8:02 AM

I’m not surprised.
I actually have dealt with things similar to this in our rural school.
As a teacher I simply document EVERYTHING.
No parent has EVER been able to get past this.
Too many parents everywhere are just like this.
It was, What the hell did you do this time, Johnny?

Badger40 on March 16, 2011 at 11:56 PM
The guy with thickest file almost always wins and Li”l Johnny goes to the alternative school.

Col.John Wm. Reed on March 17, 2011 at 8:22 AM

Ritchard or Dick?

Either way, his “Ritchard” ended up in the dirt from someone who had enough.

Hmm, is Ritchard, Obowma and the bullied kid Casey, the American public?

dthorny on March 17, 2011 at 8:28 AM

“unless my son starts the fight. In that case, I expect him to finish it properly! And that’s what really shocked me…..the way it ended.”

olesparkie on March 17, 2011 at 8:40 AM

Beer Summit…STAT!!

Alden Pyle on March 17, 2011 at 8:54 AM

When you’re being bullied all you want is for it to stop, for them to leave you alone.

This video shows the bullied kid did not want to fight, was not the aggressor..

He did what he had to do to make it STOP!

That is why he just walked away after. He stopped it and no further defense was needed.

Take THAT to court mom and see how far you get.

mollymack on March 17, 2011 at 8:57 AM

Don’t worry about the stupid stuff getting the most “airplay.”
Most of those doing the Google searches are children & teens; they will always favor entertainment over substance.

stevehorth on March 17, 2011 at 9:00 AM

I am raising my son that if he gets picked on, then to get some of his friends and beat the kid up. Don’t use weapons, don’t go beyond giving him a black eye or a fat lip. The Black eye is nice, because then everyone can see it for a couple weeks. And that is only if he can’t take him on by himself.

This “bully” was about 50 lbs lighter than the kid he was picking on. The bully was an idiot. I’m glad he got slammed.

jeffn21 on March 17, 2011 at 9:28 AM

Here you go ….

“I am so sorry that your son is punk.”

Harpoon on March 17, 2011 at 9:50 AM

Col.John Wm. Reed on March 17, 2011 at 8:22 AM

You’d be surprised at how little it takes to get sent to the alternative school.

ladyingray on March 17, 2011 at 10:04 AM

Looks like the paper messed up and has issued a clarification:

She apparently wants her son to apologize.

Orange Man on March 17, 2011 at 10:15 AM

jeffn21 on March 17, 2011 at 9:28 AM

This “bully” probably thought that his chubby “victim” couldn’t defend himself, and got a well-deserved surprise. Didn’t his mother ever tell him to “pick on somebody your own size?”

Most bullies tend to pick on smaller or weaker victims, who may need to be defended by adults or stronger friends.

Steve Z on March 17, 2011 at 10:17 AM

A public note to AP and Ed:

I want to express my thanks for allowing a free exchange of ideas and opinions here at HA. It takes guts and integrity to allow the differences of opinion that you do. Particularly with you two personally. Not all conservative blog sites are this way. At least one has an ever shifting ‘standard’ where comments are edited, redacted, posted then later removed, or not posted at all- including some of my own- based on the whim or prejudices of censors, even though the comments themselves violate no standard of decency or call for revolution, violence etc. HA has allowed all my comments to be posted, some of which on secession, Lincoln and “The Late Unpleasantness” with which I know many vehemently disagree. So thanks, AP & Ed. You are real men of integrity. (That sounds like a good concept for an ad campaign.)

JimP on March 17, 2011 at 10:22 AM

Pablo Snooze on March 17, 2011 at 4:45 AM

BINGO!
The big kid didn’t make this video, nor did he put it out there. The Bully and his buddy with a camera set out to make this video with dreams of a viral hit at the expense of the big kid. But his buddy with the camera threw him right under the bus rather than suppress this true piece of art. IF Mom has a problem with the video, she needs to take it up with her bullies little CAMERA buddy.

Pole-Cat on March 17, 2011 at 10:23 AM

Pablo Snooze on March 17, 2011 at 4:45 AM

This.

Legally, this is the correct response. This was a premeditated, carefully planned assault carried out by several individuals against an unarmed victim who had been regularly, repeatedly brutalized.

His act of self-defense was clearly a proportional response, at least by American common law standards. He neutralized the assailant without resorting to deadly violence (although he certainly could have crippled the kid, which would have been a happy happy joy joy moment for me personally).

This was serious. And it was systemic. As much as I’m enjoying the Casey the Punisher stuff, there ought to be multiple lawsuits against the school system. They are clearly negligent in the supervision of their students. This was a protracted event, filmed, in a very public area. Where the f@#$ are the teachers?

God bless Casey.

Oh, and AP: as others have undoubtedly pointed it, all the interest in this story doesn’t mean we don’t care about Japan or Libya.

But this is the feel good story of the decade. Watching Japan footage is a horrible, helpless feeling. This is empowering. THIS we can do something about (and our world wide support of Casey may have REAL consequences in ending bullying behavior).

Don’t blame us for being human. We can’t watch misery all day every day, unable to help.

Professor Blather on March 17, 2011 at 11:00 AM

As just posted in an update here in the Telegraph, and linked here as an update at HotAir, the Telegraph got an apology from Ritchard’s mother, Tina, who originally had apparently said she wanted her son to apologise to Casey Heynes, not the other way around.

Now the story makes sense. Good for her. And good for the Telegraph choosing to prominently straighten it out, though it took a full news cycle.

Contrast that for example, with the NYT deciding to take a month — plus the filing of a lawsuit against them — before deciding to issue a “correction” pulling back from having printed a false accusation of a terrorist bomb plotter about Brandon Darby (via Big Government) having printed the false accusation that Darby had “participated” in a domestic bombing plot in Minnesota (during the RNC), when he was actually the person most instrumental (as an FBI informant) in breaking it up.

Journalistic standards, you know!

Trochilus on March 17, 2011 at 11:31 AM

now it makes a bit more sense

Patrick on March 17, 2011 at 12:01 PM

My girl (now in her twenties) smarted off to a teacher (not her own) once in first grade.

I heard about it, and the next morning marched her to school early to deliver an apology to this teacher.

Her own teacher saw me and said, “That’s not necessary, that’s my job.”

I said, “No, it is MY job.”

That really ticked me off.

Alana on March 17, 2011 at 12:17 PM

Told you DT was full of it.

H.E.H.

Christien on March 17, 2011 at 1:27 PM

And, didn’t the original headline include the word “demands,” not “wants?” I think it did, because I looked at the HA headline and compared it to the DT headline, and they were, essentially, the same.

Typical J-school error: Make another mistake in the correction itself.

Christien on March 17, 2011 at 1:30 PM

If you’re wondering how bullies become bullies, perhaps we’ll find a clue here:

Fail.

Christien on March 17, 2011 at 1:36 PM

Professor Blather on March 17, 2011 at 11:00 AM

Just for you:

Blake on March 17, 2011 at 1:45 PM

All this has me pondering on putting my son through martial arts. I swear. I taught him exactly the areas on where to break bones in the body (Aikido, many many eons ago) and I have told him multiple times IF he ever gets into a fight, he has to leave the other guy in such a bad shape, that he won’t mess with him ever again.

Flame me for this, I won’t care if I get sued (Mr. PPF would, hehe!). My son would’ve defended himself and that’s that. Mr. PPF used to be in high school wrestling (as I posted on the other thread) so he knows a little bit about that plus what grandpa has taught him.

BUT since I believe that self-defense is the last resort he should learn the right moves to cause damage w/o bone breaking.

ProudPalinFan on March 17, 2011 at 1:52 PM

All this has me pondering on putting my son through martial arts.

As a long-time Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu practioner, I encourage anyone considering enrolling their child into a martial arts program to make it a BJJ academy.

It’s a practical, safe, and fun endeavor that — unlike many other martial arts — utilizes a “real world” application.

The best part for kids (and women): it isn’t about size or athleticism, as much as it is about using one’s opponent’s “strengths” against him/her.

It also allows for the user to end a fight specifically without causing permanent damage; applying any number of simple chokes will render an opponent unconscious (not from lack of air, but from lack of blood flow to the brain). After a few seconds, the opponent will regain consciousness and wonder where they are and what happened; the fight, however, will be out of them.

There are, of course, numerous other, much more devastating techniques in BJJ, if the situation calls for it; however, as an exceptionally safe and well-structured self-defense discipline, BJJ is the best all-around training you could give your child.

Dion on March 17, 2011 at 2:17 PM

Oh, man! And here I got all p.o.ed at the idiot kid’s Mum. There’s some healthy anger misplaced that I’ll never get back. Oh wait, I probably will, given who’s running the show in Washington.

Pilgrimsarbour on March 17, 2011 at 2:35 PM

Thanks I’ll check it up! OT second day for me on CrossFit and I am s.o.r.e but I almost completed all of the workout of the day (WOD)designed for me. Below is for the regulars; I am still learning and trainer trims workout for me. I wanna get stronger, leaner then “meaner”. I wish CrossFit had the same self-defense military use, and bar fight-techniques as in California.

1 mile (I did 3/4 I think)
100 sit-ups (I did 25-could have done 50)
100 back extensions (He had me do 25)
run 1 mile (I did that)
Mix and match back exts. and sit-ups as needed.

I had fun filming Mr. PPF doing his sit-ups.

ProudPalinFan on March 17, 2011 at 2:50 PM

That violent bone rattling soft-tissue compressing stop was probably the first clue bullyboy got that he screwed with the wrong fat kid.

thmsmgnm on March 17, 2011 at 3:09 PM

But she had, in fact, said she wanted her son to apologise to his victim.

Well. That’s more like it.

Laura Curtis on March 17, 2011 at 3:13 PM

I guess badly liberal run schools are pretty much world wide.
jeanie on March 16, 2011 at 11:52 PM

Fixed

Pole-Cat on March 17, 2011 at 3:18 PM

Dion on March 17, 2011 at 2:17 PM

Yep. The best fighter I have seen was Royce Gracie.

rukiddingme on March 17, 2011 at 3:28 PM

Well. That’s more like it.

Laura Curtis on March 17, 2011 at 3:13 PM

Note the lack of apologies here after people went apeshit on her yesterday.

Christien on March 17, 2011 at 4:39 PM

Does this figure take into account multiple views by the same person? I know I have seen this video at least 4 times.

mike_NC9 on March 17, 2011 at 6:15 PM

“Allright mom, geez….I apologize for you kicking my azz and my stoopid buddy showing the world the video beatdown on youtube”.

dthorny on March 18, 2011 at 4:05 AM

The Daily Telegraph apologises for the error.

It’s truly sad to see the Daily Telegraph sink to New York Times levels of initial reporting accuracy.

olesparkie on March 18, 2011 at 7:29 AM

to be fair the hundreds of japan videos spread the viewers thin when placed against a single vid. ive seen about 15 or so of Japan vids and there are multiple copies of each.

Greed on March 18, 2011 at 10:58 AM

gryphon202 on March 16, 2011 at 10:59 PM

For the billionth time, Australians don’t drink Fosters.

Scribbler on March 16, 2011 at 11:03 PM

What a knob. Go reduce your own status from ‘hot air poster’ to ‘knob’. Thanks.

Reaps on March 21, 2011 at 10:07 AM