Video: The disgusting terrorist attack in Itamar

posted at 1:36 pm on March 14, 2011 by Ed Morrissey

How do you get a celebration cooking in Gaza? According to Ynet News, slaughtering an Israeli family in Itamar brings out the joy in Palestinians — and not for the first time. Gazans flocked to the streets and handed out candy to celebrate the brutal stabbing deaths of a five members of a family, including a three-month-old infant:

Gaza residents from the southern city of Rafah hit the streets Saturday to celebrate the terror attack in the West Bank settlement of Itamar where five family members were murdered in their sleep, including three children.

Residents handed out candy and sweets, one resident saying the joy “is a natural response to the harm settlers inflict on the Palestinian residents in the West Bank.”

According to one report, the Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigade — an arm of Fatah, of which Palestinian Authority president Mahmoud Abbas is a member — claimed responsibility for the butchery:

According to an unverified report, Fatah’s military wing – the al-Aqsa Martyrs’ Brigades – claimed responsibility for the attack. A group spokesman told a Palestinian news agency that a terror cell infiltrated the settlement of Itamar and committed the attack.

The spokesperson stressed that the attack “came as a response to Israel’s continues hostile policy toward the Palestinian people.”

Philip Klein notes that Palestinian media has a much different take on the, er, incident:

“I don’t believe that the incident in Itamar is an act of resistance, but rather an act by individuals whom we condemn, in the event it was carried out by Palestinians. Stabbing children in their sleep is not a heroic act but rather that of the heartless, like some of the occupation soldiers and settlers, who murder children,” Hafez Barghouti, editor-in-chief of Al-Hayat Al-Jadida, wrote on Sunday.

He added that the “real murderers in Itamar are the zealous settlers and anyone who burned a tree, vandalized the cemetery in Awarta, forced out the residents of Khirbet Yanun, took control of a plot of land or robbed an olive harvest …. The act at Itamar was a message to the occupation and to the world … whose meaning is clear – the occupation must go.”

Ah, yes, the real murderers are those who supposedly rob an olive harvest, not the ones who actually murder people. How … Orwellian.

Meanwhile, Jeff Dunetz finds that Western media aren’t much better at reporting the terrorist attack and brutal murder:

CNN refused to label the murder as an act of terrorism by the Palestinians, desipte the fact that the IDF had already called it an act of Palestinian Terror. …  The CNN report stated:

“Five members of an Israeli family were killed in the West Bank early Saturday morning in what the Israeli military is calling a ‘terror attack.’”
The report went on to say: “According to a military spokeswoman, an intruder entered the Israeli settlement of Itamar near the northern West Bank city of Nablus around 1 am, made his way into a family home and killed two parents and their three children.”

The IDF’s official statement had already noted that forces were searching for a “terrorist” and not an “intruder” as CNN reported. But that didn’t matter to CNN who wanted to give their cleansed version of what happened. The terrorist was also referred to as an “assailant” later in the CNN report.

The Paper of Record?  Much the same:

Never one to show Jews as victims (they even buried accounts of the Holocaust until after the war) , the NY Times did its best to join in on the dehumanization of the Fogel’s with a headline declaring:

Suspecting Palestinians, Israeli Military Hunts for Killers of 5 West Bank SettlersNotice “Suspecting Palestinians” and “Five Settlers.” By the time they wrote the article the NY Times knew there were Palestinians involved, the evidence included muddy footprints that lead directly to the nearest Palestinian village and a statement by the Al Aqsa Martyrs’ Brigades saying “hey we did it.”

Both Philip and Jeff include this video (via Big Peace), set aptly to music from  Schindler’s List, that gives graphic accounts of the slaughter of the Fogels, including the infant Hadas.  When I say “graphic,” I mean it, so don’t play this if you’re at all squeamish.  It will likely enrage you — or at least it will make you question what kind of people would celebrate this by eating candy in the streets.  Answer: The same kind of people who celebrated the massacre of 3,000 people in the US on 9/11, and the very same people that the US insists should have their own independent state.  See if this video convinces you of that wisdom.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 4 5 6

The “Blind”, covering for the “Evil”

Sonosam on March 15, 2011 at 2:16 PM

Passive aggressive really doesn’t suit you. Geez.

MadisonConservative on March 15, 2011 at 10:43 AM

Not even a clue as to what this means. Really, not a clue.

But…

I’ve been out and on the HTC and it’s near impossible to put together a full comment. Here’s the deal. You and R4L are both Conservatives. Except for the issues regarding gays in the military, there isn’t a dimes difference in the beliefs you express or honestly, the manner in which you debate. You were/are both abrasive. I do consider you a thread friend. Although you don’t seem to take quite as well as you give. (My opinion) You have been as “edgy” in your debate mannerisms as R4L. (My opinion). I have a lot of respect for you both. It might be my military background and knowing that you need tough people on your side, but I do admire both of your opinions and the way you kick in teeth on occasion to refine your argument. You just can’t seem to admit that you’re a lot more like your favorite foil than you’d like to believe.

I might start only referring back to you as R4L2. (Is that a bannable offense?)

hawkdriver on March 15, 2011 at 2:21 PM

MadisonConservative on March 15, 2011 at 2:14 PM

how can you not see the parellel between the trial and handing out sweets and dancing in the streets?

Sonosam on March 15, 2011 at 2:21 PM

THIS.
What did Arafat do again when he was basically given what he wanted on a platter?
I bet Clinton still smarts from that.

Badger40 on March 15, 2011 at 2:13 PM

This.

He of course moved the goal posts because they don’t really want peace with the Israelis to answer your question.

Lex and Fins can throw the full weight of their mighty opinions around Hot Air (well, Lex still can) but you can’t change the fact that even Clinton still carps about Arrafat thumbing his nose at getting basically everything he asked for.

hawkdriver on March 15, 2011 at 2:25 PM

hawkdriver on March 15, 2011 at 2:21 PM

That’s your opinion. However, the fact is that right4life resorted, in earnest, to calling people fat and ugly when he disagreed with them…accusing them of being racist if they called him boy, son, etc, and turned around and made racist remarks about other posters…challenged people to personal meetings for years…indirectly accused people of pedophilia…and regularly made multiple posts solely to name-call or insult with absolutely no attempt to address the topic at hand, or make any kind of argument.

Having done none of the above, I find your inability to distinguish any of that with myself both astonishing and insulting. I neither deny that I am abrasive nor aggressive, but either you ignored the majority of his comments(which I honestly couldn’t blame you for, given their content), or you’re giving him the benefit of the doubt solely because you find yourself in agreement with him on the issue of gays in the military. I’m betting it’s at least partially the latter, because of how quickly you drew battle lines here, but also the former because the majority of my arguments with him concerned gay marriage and Christianity.

As I said, that’s your opinion. It’s also an uninformed one, and little based in reality.

MadisonConservative on March 15, 2011 at 2:31 PM

Sonosam on March 15, 2011 at 2:21 PM

I guess they are both versions of “celebration”. Israelis “celebrate” the killing of Palestinian children by punishing those responsible…and Palestinians “celebrate” the killing of Israeli children by having a party and being extremely happy with themselves…or, in other words, they actually celebrate infanticide.

MadisonConservative on March 15, 2011 at 2:57 PM

hawkdriver on March 15, 2011 at 2:21 PM

That’s your opinion.

IMHO, everything you just posted is your HO.

And the last time we had this discussion it took me nearly a minute and a half to find equivalent comments from you. I was exhausted.

Then you’re easily insulted. Also “and then” you should consider what you type to others because much of what you comment could be considered the same. But you caveat by characterizing yours as friendly jabs or rationalize that the real nasty ones have it coming to them, right?

I neither deny that I am abrasive nor aggressive,

Baby steps.

Nope. I actually admired the way he took most Atheists apart on Hot Air when they attacked Christianity. I admired the way he made no apologies for his staunch believe in the right for human babies to exist in their mothers wombs. But I was actually closer to being more in line with your beliefs concerning gays in the military. I had no problem with them serving. None. But we all know that’s and all or nothing litmus test here on Hot Air right? You can’t have any differences there or you’re a Phobe, right? So anyway, you’d lose on betting on the latter.

But please, be my guest and feel free to explain away anything I say by pigeon-holing me into your most convenient definition.

hawkdriver on March 15, 2011 at 2:57 PM

hawkdriver on March 15, 2011 at 2:57 PM

When people throw the first punch, yes. As to friendly jabs, you used to recognize them easily. Now you seem to see them as insults from an enemy. You’re wrong, in the same way you are in comparing me to someone who threatens others over the internet, drops the race card without blinking an eye, and accuses others of pedophilia.

hawkdriver on March 15, 2011 at 2:57 PM

What the hell is wrong with you? You’ve become the strawman extraordinaire and victim du jour. Ever since the gays in the military argument, you’ve acted like you’re some sort of pariah on HA. What on earth is your deal?

When you can dig up examples of me accusing others of pedophilia, calling people fat or ugly as an argument, challenging them to fistfights, or claiming their arguments are due to my skin color, come on back. Until then, stop claiming that me calling you “homo”, in the way guys do all the time as a joke, is somehow equivalent to all of that. Who knew you would be so fragile as to let something like that strike a nerve like never before? From now on, I’m calling you “china tea set”. Typically, you would respond by calling me “hardass” or something, and feel no need to go into diatribes about me.

And if you really just want me banned, go ahead and email Allah and Ed. We were discussing rightfully banned people who posted despicable things, and you ended up steering it around to a chance to attack me. I’m done with this.

MadisonConservative on March 15, 2011 at 3:11 PM

I’m done with this.

MadisonConservative on March 15, 2011 at 3:11 PM

You’re right. Me too.

hawkdriver on March 15, 2011 at 3:15 PM

Badger40 on March 15, 2011 at 2:13 PM

All Israel wants is to be treated like any other nation. They want peace and they will do about anything for it. Clinton wanted peace, but as we all know, he is a narcissist to nth degree. Israel made a huge mistake by creating the PA. Things have gotten so bad, I don’t know what to think anymore. I just pray to G-d Iran won’t get the bomb.

MadisonConservative on March 15, 2011 at 2:14 PM

What else is there to say. This troll is a ghoul.

Lance Murdock on March 15, 2011 at 3:44 PM

No, you won’t read about random acts of violence against Palestinians on HotAir.
lexhamfox on March 15, 2011 at 1:37 PM

Is this what you think passes as proof that the Israeli’s are the “same” as the Palestinians, and that they supposedly killed over 1000 “children”? That the Palestinians don’t “doctor” their photo’s of supposedly dead children, who then turn up in other photo’s with different clothes on and fake blood and wounds in different places? That the children are taught basically from the womb to hate the Israeli’s?
That Israel has given it’s two most precious commodities–it’s children and it’s land to appease the Palestinians and gotten nothing but hatred and death in return? That the Palestinians plant their guns and ammo amongst the children, women, and old people, and then when they are killed, blame the Israeli’s?
That the Israeli’s have even forced their OWN PEOPLE off their legally-owned land to appease these murders, shows how much they want peace. But it isn’t enough for you…
You are despicable beyond words to say this is a tit-4-tat event…a simple McCoy’s vs the Hatfield’s event. This is a war against Israel’s very existence. That they keep showing up at the bargaining table is beyond me…as the only talking I would be doing would be with a gun…

lovingmyUSA on March 15, 2011 at 4:24 PM

lovingmyUSA on March 15, 2011 at 4:24 PM

Save your junk history. I like Israel but acting like they are generous with land gave up legal settlements is pure bunk. Those awful Palestinians… not understanding how generous the Israelis are.. rejecting the love and responding with hate lol!!

I know what scumbags there are in the ranks of the Palestinians and the recent massacre shows that. Baruch Goldstein and his settler followers are no better. Same trash.

lexhamfox on March 15, 2011 at 5:22 PM

Baruch Goldstein and his settler followers are no better. Same trash.

lexhamfox on March 15, 2011 at 5:22 PM

What rubbish. Where do you get your facts?

hawkdriver on March 15, 2011 at 5:30 PM

Baruch Goldstein and his settler followers are no better. Same trash.

lexhamfox on March 15, 2011 at 5:22 PM

What rubbish. Where do you get your facts?

hawkdriver on March 15, 2011 at 5:30 PM<

I think someone who murders 29 people while they pray and injures many others is at least as bad as guy who kills a family of five. If you disagree explain why or explain how Baruch is somehow innocent.

lexhamfox on March 15, 2011 at 5:42 PM

lexhamfox on March 15, 2011 at 5:22 PM

Ah the true calling of an anti-Semite. Name ONE other incident other than that anomaly. ONE! Just ONE OTHER you ghoul!

While you and your fellow anti-Semites hark on that one tragic incident, there are hundred of examples from the Death Cult. Also, you don’t see the nation of Israel or the Jewish Diaspora embrace Goldstein and his ilk. Your depravity is evil and when you meet your maker you’ll regret your decisions. Pure filth.

Click here if you dare and see what your ‘freedom fishers’ all about you sack of s***.

Lance Murdock on March 15, 2011 at 6:16 PM

‘freedom fighters’

Lance Murdock on March 15, 2011 at 6:16 PM

Lance Murdock on March 15, 2011 at 6:16 PM

Call me names all you like. I’m not the one saying that murder only occurs or is only abhorrent when it is perpetrated by one side.

lexhamfox on March 15, 2011 at 6:32 PM

lexhamfox on March 15, 2011 at 6:32 PM

The Israeli’s punish murderer’s-the Pals elevate them to hero status and encourage children to see them as role-models.
HUGE difference.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 15, 2011 at 7:38 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on March 15, 2011 at 7:38 PM

Baruch Goldstein is regarded as a hero by settlers. Captain ‘R’ was not punished for murder despite emptying a clip into a girl who was identified as a child and posed no threat to the IDF. Numerous rabbis have said that it is OK to kill innocent people just like crazy imams do…. so really not the huge difference you claim.

They are all acts of wanton murder and officials on either side come out and condemn them while fringe elements try to justify the indefensible. Earlier I posted a comment containing Netanyahu quote condemning settler violence which some here says doesn’t exist. There are plenty of corpses on both sides and among them innocent kids. In the last ten years about 1,300 plus Palestinians kids and nearly 400 Israeli kids. Where is the big difference again?

lexhamfox on March 15, 2011 at 8:13 PM

HUGE difference.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 15, 2011 at 7:38 PM

Uh huh. *crickets*

lexhamfox on March 15, 2011 at 8:13 PM

Of course there are bad apples in every bunch.
But sometimes the whole barrel is rotten, not just a few.
I have never seen the Jews of Israel dancing in the streets when muslim children, or any other muslims, are killed in any way.
The simple fact is if you want to count numbers & also use history as your guide through the ages, you will notice that the Koran is the only unholy book so far as we have found that actually commands its followers to kill ALL infidels if they refuse to convert or live as a slave.
The Jews also do not make a habit of hiding amongst civilian populations, using innocents as human shields.
Also, the Jew population as a whole does not harbor terrorists on purpose.
They also do not throw parades with candy celebrating death.
They also do not use their young people as suicidal killers.
There is no comparison here.
You cannot say that bcs people on both sides of this conflict have killed & so they are equal.
They are not equal.
The Jewish people are acting in the most restrained way they possibly can, given that the whole of islam DEMANDS THEY BE WIPED FROM THE FACE OF THE EARTH.
muslims want all Jews to DIE.
They also want all INFIDELS to convert or DIE.
There’s no sugar coating this.
To try & do so attempts to explain away the evilness.
And this makes you an accomplice to evil by engaging in such mental gymnastics.

Badger40 on March 15, 2011 at 10:16 PM

And this makes you an accomplice to evil by engaging in such mental gymnastics.

Badger40 on March 15, 2011 at 10:16 PM

Suck my balls. I’m not an accomplice to anything other than my time on a farm in the north of Israel. I have said repeatedly that both sides are wrong when they resort to murder. The Jews have genocidal messages in their book and fortunately, most of them know better than to follow every instruction in their holy book…. or the instructions of some of their more filthy rabbis. Same goes for Arab Muslims and Christians. One of the biggest PLO terrorists was a Christian. You think it was Jesus whispering in his ear as he went on his homicidal missions???? I have no problem condemning him and his acts…. unlike you I don’t extend that condemnation to everyone who reads the Bible.

Just so you know.. Jews used terrorism when it suited them. When they were stateless, desperate, and could not get what they wanted.

I’m not explaining away evil. Your just another cheerleader in macabre game. Calling me an accomplice to what took place is a pretty pathetic insult but what I would expect from the trash around here.

lexhamfox on March 15, 2011 at 10:43 PM

lexhamfox on March 15, 2011 at 10:43 PM

Well of course I guess I didn’t realize that the Jewish holy book commands them to kill muslims wherever they find them & that all infidels can be murdered without punishment from
God.
Can you please direct me to those statements? I honestly have never seen them.
Does the Jewish holy book also allow them to lie to unbelievers & pretend while their strength is amassed?
Where’s the passage that 72 virgins are awaiting them in the afterlife if they die gloriously for the cause of jihad?
What is the Jews’ word for their own jihad?
I guess I don’t know about these things.
Thanks for schooling me.
Oh, BTW, when you equate one evil with something else that is not inherently evil, you are pretty much abetting evil.
That is MY OPINION.
And you, Sir, IN MY OPINION, are abetting evil when you equate muslim hatred & murder of Jews & infidels to some muslims that some Jews killed.
This vile excuse for a religion IMHO that is islam does not, BTW, make a Palestinian, or even a muslim,evil in of itself. It is only when these people glory in the blood & murder of innocents. I honestly never knew that Jews gloried in the deaths & blood of non-Jews. Evidently your time in Israel was spent with much different sorts of Jews than what others have related from their experiences.
Perhaps you were privy to the death cult of the Jews that is equivalent to the death cult that is islam. Please tell me how I can avoid these bloodthirsty Jews who are consistently murdering innocent muslims who are calling constantly for the death of said Jews.
So Manson is no different than a US soldier in Afghanistan?
I’m just trying to think like you do.

Badger40 on March 15, 2011 at 11:24 PM

I have said repeatedly that both sides are wrong when they resort to murder.

lexhamfox on March 15, 2011 at 10:43 PM

BTW- I guess I didn’t also realize that going on the defensive & on the offensive against an enemy that has declared it wishes to wipe every last one of you on the face of the earth was murder.

I actually thought that was called war.
So it is murder.
Gotcha.
And of course those crazy Israelies, well, they’re all about murder. It has nothing to do with muslim hatred for them.
Why nothing at all.
They just want to willy nilly murder innocent Palestinian babies.
I also hear they drink the blood of muslims & use it to make their matza balls.

Badger40 on March 15, 2011 at 11:30 PM

lovingmyUSA on March 15, 2011 at 4:24 PM

lexhamfox on March 15, 2011 at 5:22 PM

So my history is junk history, but yours is the real thing? I see how you are–typical, don’t know how you see with those crossed eyes…

lovingmyUSA on March 15, 2011 at 11:43 PM

lexhamfox on March 15, 2011 at 8:13 PM

Link please? And keep ignoring how all of us have told you how the Palistians hide their weapons and missles amongst the children and use them as shields. But you keep on hocking that “junk history…

lovingmyUSA on March 15, 2011 at 11:46 PM

Suck my balls
lexhamfox on March 15, 2011 at 10:43 PM

You are not big enough. Now we know what your problem is…they make tools so that you can enhance your problem. Go google something and maybe you will be able to fit into your blowup doll….

lovingmyUSA on March 15, 2011 at 11:50 PM

lexhamfox on March 15, 2011 at 10:43 PM

You were never on a farm, you just outed yourself rght there. That is the standard talking point of the pro-Gaza supporters. If you were over there, it was helping to make a tunnel under a farm..

lovingmyUSA on March 15, 2011 at 11:57 PM

God.

Badger40 on March 15, 2011 at 11:24 PM

That’s not what I said. Stop misquoting me.

Badger40 on March 15, 2011 at 11:24 PM

I said that I condemn murder on both sides and you don’t. Pointing out facts does not make me a party to or responsible for those facts. I certainly don;t want to excuse murder on either side. Seriously, think about it because calling me a murderer/evil for pointing out something is pretty serious.

lovingmyUSA on March 15, 2011 at 11:46 PM

I think it is disgraceful how Hamas and others have used children in the conflict. I think it was wrong for Israel to use Human Shields and as pointed out they have children’s blood on their hands too.

Badger40 on March 15, 2011 at 11:30 PM

So Habash was really a Muslim? What are you saying… you need to be a little more clear.

My time in Israel has always been rewarding with people of all kinds of faiths. It’s a really lovely place and not nearly as violent as people think.

Link please? And keep ignoring how all of us have told you how the Palistinians hide their weapons and missles amongst the children and use them as shields. But you keep on hocking that “junk history…

lovingmyUSA on March 15, 2011 at 11:46 PM

No look it up yourself. And be careful about the human shields accusation as some sort of marker of barbarity because you will get caught out again (of course Israelis would never use human shields lol!!). If you find stats dramatically different from mine let me know but my figures came from an Israeli site.

lexhamfox on March 16, 2011 at 12:16 AM

lexhamfox on March 16, 2011 at 12:16 AM

And you are exposed once again…no link, just phantom talking points from your little brain, which obviously matches your other little head.

lovingmyUSA on March 16, 2011 at 12:45 AM

Silly troll, don’t you know that the most obvious thing a troll always does is slide around in it’s own muck when it doesnt have a leg to stand on? When faced with the call for links, it usually shows tail and runs, or sputters for us to provide them for you….I know it’s Spring Break and all, but how long does your mom let you have computer time….

lovingmyUSA on March 16, 2011 at 1:15 AM

lexhamfox on March 16, 2011 at 12:16 AM

Israel’s used human shields?
Where’d you’d get that stat-Stormfront?
Maybe it was the site of those whackjob orthodox Jews that are buddy-buddy with Ahmadinnerjacket?
Your statement is unadulterated FICTION.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 16, 2011 at 1:23 AM

lovingmyUSA on March 16, 2011 at 1:15 AM

Casualties:

Human Shields:

Others:

From the same site some stats that are higher/lower (over varying periods) than mine:

Here is a different take on casualty figures for a very short period:

more:

Your statement is unadulterated FICTION.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 16, 2011 at 1:23 AM

They aren’t crazy religious nuts or people who celebrate death like yourself.

lexhamfox on March 16, 2011 at 1:59 AM

lexhamfox on March 15, 2011 at 10:43 PM

They used guerrilla tactics, that included planting bombs. The difference is that they selected legitimate military targets, not civilians in a manner as to create horror.

They were falsely accused of being terrorists. There is some evidence that British Army employed deception tactics that were designed to make the Zionist Rebels look like terrorist. I believe it was by oversight, not intention.

Slowburn on March 16, 2011 at 2:57 AM

Hawkdriver certainly did,t miss the fact that many well respected bloggers here, some.with Green Room forums debate as hard and name call as bad or worse than r4l.

hawkdriver on March 15, 2011 at 10:40 AM

Absolutely. R4L was banned because he replied to the trolls with the same tone they were using. That’s not exactly an unusual approach. Plenty of people can get nasty when nasty comments are aimed at them, not just r4l.

Unfortunately, he in effect let the trolls provoke him to an opposite reaction, and then got banned like they did. If we’re honest, it could happen to a lot more people under the right circumstances. Just get fed up with what some idiot is saying and go a little too far to make that point, and you’re there.

I think we should at least do r4l and kinsleyardal the courtesy of remembering that, whatever their bannable offense, it was NOT the rank antisemitism and viciousness of grow fins and dark-star. So their banning and the banning of those two useful idiots are two very different things.

It’s a shame that a creep like drywall who congratulates himself on “condemning both sides” as if Israelis were running around cutting the throats of innocents is still unbanned, while people who at least had the moral compass to condemn such attacks are gone.

Which of course also applies to lexhamfox. Amazing how many people who fancy themselves better than the rest of us have a real hatred of Israel.

tom on March 16, 2011 at 3:25 AM

lexhamfox on March 16, 2011 at 12:16 AM

I never quoted you as saying those things. If I quote you, I use the quote feature.
You are telling me all of these things & you are not saying where this stuff comes from, except for an “Israeli site”.
I have roamed around quite a lot & read quite a lot regarding Israeli behavior with regard to the Palestinians.
Slowburn is correct-these people are using guerilla (sp) tactics to defend themselves from being slaughtered.
Whatever mistakes they have made have not been to ‘murder’ innocent people.
All you are doing is trying to equate the conflict points of view & they are not equal.
These muslim nomads want the Jews to die & they are being used by other muslim groups & countries to keep the pressure on Israel.
And visiting Israel does not mean that you will automatically understand this.
I’ve seen liberal environmentalists visit National Parks like Yellowstone & never see the overgrazed, badly managed dump that it really is.
Talk about your balls all you like, but based on the behavior of the Israelies, they have every right to be defensive & offensive whenever necessary.
It seems many people are so willing to accept the Jews as poor downtrodden victims, but cannot accept when they become their own champions.
That kind of thinking is just as evil as anything else.
That is my opinion.
If you don’t like that, then you can stew in your own ball juices.
Bcs HA is not the place where you’re going to get fellatio.

Badger40 on March 16, 2011 at 8:05 AM

lexhamfox on March 16, 2011 at 1:59 AM

Wow, your sources are Wikipedia and Anti-Israel/Anti-Zionist NGO’s, well knock me over with a feather. All your ‘sources’ are notoriously bias. These NGO’s you speak believe Israel has no right to self-defense either. Also, I find it funny how you are attacking Israel while at the same time you mentioned that you supposedly lived, owned a farm in Northern Israel (I don’t believe a liar like you, but I’ll play along). Funny, what happened in 2006? Oh that’s right, Hezbollah started a war with Israel and launch rockets randomly into Northern Israel where you supposedly lived. According your worldview, Israel defending your so-called property was in bad taste too. No one here at Hot Air is interested in hearing your diarrhea of mouth diatribe about ‘how wrong’ Israel is. Why don’t you go back to left-wing hole from where you came from.

Lance Murdock on March 16, 2011 at 8:39 AM

Introduce a passionate topic and you’ll get passion.

As one of the silent Hotair readers, I feel compelled to interject my disappointment at what transpired because of this topic.

This thread was wonderful. People duking it out from their point of view.. a running commentary from all over the world. I accept some will be over the top.. some viewpoints disgustingly different from my own but it shows me there are actually people out there who think differently than I do.. it broadens my intellect.

I’m sorry some were banned because of this thread. I enjoyed each and every one of those posters who didnt hold back, but fought for their beliefs. I know there are ground rules for this site, and appreciate that Hotair has them, but I feel some disappointment that I will no longer hear those differing voices, and feel poorer for it.

To celebrate anyone’s banning is ridiculous. Then some went on the attack of other posters, wondering why they havent been banned. If you want only opinions that agree with yours, hopefully this isnt the site for you.

I come here to learn, which I do with almost every thread.

That’s my opinion of what happened here. Thanks to all for showing me how smart Hotair posters are and broadening my views of the world.

mollymack on March 16, 2011 at 9:14 AM

lexhamfox on March 16, 2011 at 1:59 AM

If Americans Knew was founded by Alison Weir, a known anti-semite, yet the site claims to simply want to “educate Americans about the entire conflict”. Nice try.

B’Tselem was founded by a notorious left-wing activist with ties to Yasser Arafat and the PLO, yet the site claims to be objective. Nice try.

Care to come back with less evidence that you’re merely relying on people with agendas in order to come up with your slander?

MadisonConservative on March 16, 2011 at 9:32 AM

MadisonConservative on March 16, 2011 at 9:32 AM

Obviously you are under the false impression that lexhamfox has an agenda here. Sheesh.

ladyingray on March 16, 2011 at 9:46 AM

I come here to learn, which I do with almost every thread.

mollymack on March 16, 2011 at 9:14 AM

There have been people banned on HA before that was for silly stupid reasons, IMO.
However, it is a private website that people are invited to participate in. HA tries to reduce its liability this way.
That is certainly their option. And they have every right to do so.
I really have to wonder when enough is enough when it comes to debating viewpoints/opinions.
I had a student in my biology class today try & debate with me that an answer to his question on the test was not wrong bcs the question was asking for him to explain what he thought my happen in a certain situation regarding cellular respiration in the body.
The answer he gave was wrong bcs there is a factual answer.
People can have all sorts of opinions.
Some opinions are flat out WRONG.
Like some people may believe the Earth is flat, when the fact is it is round.
That ‘opinion’ is WRONG.
Opinions cloaked as, or guided by, or informed by blatant propaganda based on lies & half truths are ignorant, factually inaccurate opinions.
And so misinformation is consistently spread, bringing ever more ignorance to the topic.
Hitler had the opinion that his country needed to protect itself, the blood of the German people, by taking over nearby countries in order to gather more resources to accomplish this task.
Stalin was of the opinion that communism must prevail over the entire planet, only then would mankind be truly free.
Those opinions are WRONG.
And some opinions are just downright evil & obnoxious.
So some opinions really are better than others.

Badger40 on March 16, 2011 at 2:04 PM

Let me also add another zinger.
Some people are of the opinion that killing babies before they are born is acceptable.
Some people, like Peter Singer (I believe, the ethics guy?) have the opinion that it is acceptable to kill children up until like the age of 3 if they are somehow ‘defective’ or unwanted.
This is just evil.

Badger40 on March 16, 2011 at 2:08 PM

I agree with both posts above, but before we pass judgement on other’s beliefs or opinions, dont we first have to be made aware of them?

I just want to hear all sides. I said nothing about the value of each opinion.

There is nothing in this world more valuable or precious than our children at any stage of development. Nothing.

My heart weeps for that Israeli family, and all families that suffer such tragedy.

mollymack on March 16, 2011 at 7:59 PM