How Fox News is in Sarah Palin’s way

posted at 5:03 pm on March 14, 2011 by Patrick Ishmael

In a story published last night, New York Magazine reports that after the tragedy in Tucson Sarah Palin called Fox News boss Roger Ailes for advice on how she should combat the libelous claims that she contributed to the shooting. Is the story a peek inside an uneasy detente at the network between Palin and Ailes, or strictly beltway gossip? You decide.

Palin told Ailes she wanted to respond, according to a person with knowledge of the call. It wasn’t fair the media was making this about her. Ailes told Palin that she should stay quiet.

“Lie low,” he said. “There’s no need to inject yourself into the story.”…

But, this being Sarah Palin, she did it anyway.

Ailes was not pleased with her decision, which turned out to be a political debacle for Palin, especially her use of the historically loaded term “blood libel” to describe the actions of the media. “The Tucson thing was horrible,” said a person familiar with Ailes’s thinking. “Before she responded, she was making herself look like a victim. She was winning. She went out and did the blood libel thing, and Roger is thinking, ‘Why did you call me for advice?’”

Ailes’s displeasure matters, not only because his network is a holding pen for Republican candidates-in-waiting, but because he is paying Palin a hefty $1 million annual salary while she strings out her decision over whether to run for president

NY Magazine’s story isn’t deeply sourced. A “person familiar” is not exactly iron-clad proof the conversation took place — though 1.) odds are that a conversation did take place and 2.) there’s nothing wrong with it if it did — and much of the story is rehash that weaves three separate events together: the Tucson shooting, the supposed Ailes-Palin conversation and fallout, and the departures of Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum from the network.

But if there are problems brewing at Fox News, it adds an interesting wrinkle to discussions about the Fox contracts of Republican Presidential candidates, particularly since the NY Mag story adds a tinge of turmoil to the FNC-Palin relationship. Arguments can be made on both sides whether a strained relationship would have made it more or less likely Palin and Fox would have parted ways at the time Gingrich and Santorum did. Indeed, NY Mag introduces far more questions into the Fox paid-contributor debate than it does answers.

Here’s the most important question, though: What should Palin do if her relationship with FNC is souring now in the run up to the Presidential primaries?

On the one hand, Palin has a $1 million annual salary with the network that no one would want to leave. On the other hand, she made the equivalent of about $1 million a month during a one year period ending in 2010; she could afford to bow out at the network on her own terms. She’d lose Fox’s platform, but does she really need it?

And moreover, why should she let Fox News force her out? When Fox cut ties with Gingrich and Santorum, I don’t think there’s any doubt it harmed their candidacies, not least of which reasons it put out a perception that the two were clinging on to FNC financially by misrepresenting their intentions. Not very statesman-y.

I argued back in 2009 that Palin would be more powerful and effective out of office than she was in it, and that pols and voters shouldn’t “misunderestimate” her move from the Alaskan governor’s mansion back into (a very public) private life.

[W]hile Palin’s resignation certainly risks her own personal ambitions for higher office, it also opens up her hand to do the some of the free-wheeling, unfiltered campaigning she couldn’t do last year, with the prime beneficiary the center-right cause. If Palin wants to strengthen her political future, I can’t think of a better way to do it.

Taking NY Mag’s report with the Gingrich-Santorum dust-up, I think it’s more important than ever that Palin declare her Presidential intentions, however nascent or non-existent, not only to remove any pretense for FNC to let her go, but also to unbind her from the sort of sketchy “I’m getting paid by Fox while I run” situation in which Gingrich and Santorum found themselves. The latter point I’ve made before; NY Mag’s article spurs the former.

Palin’s credibility is her authenticity, and if she does want to “strengthen her political future,” she shouldn’t let her dealings with Fox News undermine it.

This post was promoted from GreenRoom to HotAir.com.
To see the comments on the original post, look here.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Sarah Palin is on Lou Dobbs debut show right now on the Fox Business Network. Is anybody watching it? I don’t get FBN.

technopeasant on March 14, 2011 at 7:12 PM

Well, perhaps we can start a new topic – “Why wasn’t Palin on Lou Dobbs tonight?” That should get JetBoy and Brutus,
etc. charged up. I watched most of it and didn’t see her. She wasn’t on the promos during the show either. I only missed 5 minutes. Perhaps someone else watched the whole
show and can tell us.

Amjean on March 14, 2011 at 8:19 PM

This story was debunked before it surfaced.

MrX on March 14, 2011 at 8:20 PM

Maybe it’s a coincidence, but Fox Business, for the last two days, had been promoting Palin’s appearance on Lou Dobbs’ new show. She was not on, and Dobbs never mentioned why.

NoNails on March 14, 2011 at 8:20 PM

Apparently Sarah Palin was a “no-show” on Lou Dobbs premiere episode and that after her appearance on Dobb’s show was highlighted in a conservatives4palin open thread earlier today and cincinnati.com on the internet wrote a piece also saying that “Palin would be a guest on the premiere episode”.

What to make of it? In addition conservatives4palin.com has been down for almost 3 hours:

Possibilities:

1)Sarah Palin was taken ill
2)Sarah Palin’s schedule changed or she became unavailable
3)Both C4P and cincinnati.com got their wires crossed
4)Sarah Palin is protesting the politico story about a reported disagreement between Ailes and herself by not appearing.
5)Sarah Palin has told Ailes she is running for POTUS.

But why is C4P coincidentally down at the same time?

technopeasant on March 14, 2011 at 8:22 PM

I’m not sold on anyone, but Daniels is and has been my favorite to this point.

MJBrutus on March 14, 2011 at 8:17 PM

Daniels is still my favorite out of the presumptive frontrunners. His record does speak for itself.

So, were you there the other night at the Gridiron Club where he appeared with Scooter and the gang? Laugh riot?
It wasn’t even a laugh tantrum.

kingsjester on March 14, 2011 at 8:18 PM

lol…no, i missed it.

JetBoy on March 14, 2011 at 8:22 PM

Palin was given no way out over the liberal attacks over Giffords. She was put in a vise, on one side the progs said that her silence was obviously a sign of her feelings of guilt, ‘why doesn’t she make a statement’, etc, etc. On the other side they were ready to jump on any defense she put up as ‘playing politics’ during a tragedy, ‘would have been better to keep silent during this time’, etc, etc. Same as it ever was. One would almost think that it was planned that way on one of the lefty journalist conference calls and email lists.

The real crime here is the double standard over their unfair and unwarranted attack on Palin and the thuggish unions vicious attacks on Republicans in Wisconsin and other broke states.

slickwillie2001 on March 14, 2011 at 8:23 PM

technopeasant on March 14, 2011 at 8:22 PM

It wasn’t #3. I saw the FBN promos. I blame Bigfoot.

NoNails on March 14, 2011 at 8:24 PM

She’s not running…..doesn’t matter.

What is with this “TROUBLE AT FOX NEWS” theme that seems to have started in the last 10 days or so?

First it was Beck and Fox and now it’s Palin and Fox……waddup?

PappyD61 on March 14, 2011 at 8:26 PM

technopeasant on March 14, 2011 at 8:22

One other thing. That blank screen at C4P loads really fast.

NoNails on March 14, 2011 at 8:27 PM

By not allowing Obama any more miserable picks for the Supreme court IS standing on principle. We have to fight all the battles we can win. A smart fight is to get as many fiscal conservatives in Congress (both houses) to mitigate and reverse the fiscal damage, AND try to win the White House to protect the Supreme Court from killing this country with horrible progressive, lefty nominations.

karenhasfreedom on March 14, 2011 at 8:27 PM

DON’T FEED THE ‘NISTAS

;)

Sh*tBoy on March 14, 2011 at 6:36 PM

OH SNAP !!!

What a clever retort Sh*tboy!!

Ranks right up there with “I KNOW YOU ARE BUT WHAT AM I ???”

cableguy615 on March 14, 2011 at 8:29 PM

NoNails on March 14, 2011 at 8:20 PM

Maybe Dobbs was going to ask her a tough question. No way would she tolerate that for only a million a year.

Hollowpoint on March 14, 2011 at 8:30 PM

no Lou Dobbs, No C4P.

Something’s up……..

idesign on March 14, 2011 at 8:30 PM

Possibilities:

1)Sarah Palin was taken ill
2)Sarah Palin’s schedule changed or she became unavailable
3)Both C4P and cincinnati.com got their wires crossed
5)Sarah Palin has told Ailes she is running for POTUS.

But why is C4P coincidentally down at the same time?

technopeasant on March 14, 2011 at 8:22 PM

You missed an opportunity to give the trolls some bait!
How about No. 6 – Ailes at Fox fired Palin because – leave
this part blank – trolls and Palin bashers to fill in.

Amjean on March 14, 2011 at 8:32 PM

What. Ever.

I note that the squib about Ailes rings 100% false. What media owner who makes millions every time there’s a connection to Sarah Palin is going to tell the cash caribou to lie low? For a medi exec who wanted her to lie low, he sure gave her a lot of air time after the Loughner attack.

NY Mag is rather transparently saying “mumble mumble Sarah Palin mutter mutter” to boost its own circulation.

We bloggers should start adding “… as it Relates to Sarah Palin” to the titles of all our posts. I think I’ll write one right now, about the thoughts I had about Sarah Palin yesterday. Have I mentioned Sarah Palin yet?

J.E. Dyer on March 14, 2011 at 7:45 PM

That’s funny!

I know why Palin is going to be attacked every single day until she wins the office of POTUS in Nov ’12…because of her 2008 convention speech where she absolutely mocked Obama…Obama is directing this…remember Palin’s quip about them hauling the Greek columns back to some Hollywood set? She is fearless and totally non difenrential to the Poseur in Chief. Obama does not want to deal with Palin and her millions of supporters mocking him endlessly and throwing his failures at him with no fear…

The GOP Elites have figured out Obama is losing and they want the office next and Palin, who is not one of them, is the barrier they have to overcome.

CCRWM on March 14, 2011 at 8:32 PM

On a side note -

C4P has been having trouble for days with their website.

Amjean on March 14, 2011 at 8:32 PM

I just wish that Fox Biz News would stick mostly to, you know, BUSINESS NEWS! I can’t stand that screaming idiot judge and I sure haven’t missed the slob Dobbs off air hiatus.

MJBrutus on March 14, 2011 at 8:33 PM

On the other hand, how many times have the Palinistas declared (or implied) that if St. Sarah isn’t the nominee, they’re sitting out 2012? I’ve lost track.

Hollowpoint on March 14, 2011 at 6:57 PM

I will make it my mission to get as many people as possible to stay home. After all this shit you can have 4 more years of that freckin phony in the WH.

oldyeller on March 14, 2011 at 8:09 PM

Seriously, is this how all Palin supporters think?

Knucklehead on March 14, 2011 at 8:33 PM

Hollowpoint on March 14, 2011 at 8:30 PM

Shut up dick head….

You don’t bring anything meaningful to the conversation.

idesign on March 14, 2011 at 8:33 PM

Seriously, is this how all Palin supporters think?

Knucklehead on March 14, 2011 at 8:33 PM

No. That you even have to wonder that betrays your own lack of intellectual heft.

gryphon202 on March 14, 2011 at 8:34 PM

Seriously, is this how all Palin supporters think?

Knucklehead on March 14, 2011 at 8:33 PM

Unlike the GOP elite, Palin-backers will support the GOP nominee.

NoNails on March 14, 2011 at 8:35 PM

idesign on March 14, 2011 at 8:30 PM

It’s not like Sarah not to appear when she is slated to and it’s definitely not like C4P to be down for at least 3 hours with a blank screen.

Regarding C4P it has often loaded slow but now it is not even loading period. I have never seen that before especially after they had just posted an open thread of the Lou Dobbs appearance.

And then couple that with Rush Limbaugh and Mark Levin’s spirited defense of Palin today.

And the ramped up activity by Politico today absolutely savaging Palin.

And of course the reported difference in opinion between Ailes and Palin.

Of course there is a reasonable explanation. There always is, isn’t there?

technopeasant on March 14, 2011 at 8:37 PM

karenhasfreedom on March 14, 2011 at 8:27 PM

They are adding 1,645 billion dollars to the debt this year and the mitigation is so far going to be $57 billion to $61 billion. There is no reversal going on at all.

The mitigation is so pathetic that it is doing more harm than good by providing cheap cover for politicians who can claim they are trying then they are doing nothing of the sort.

Boehner is talking about chicken feed and many people think what he is doing might change something. That is deceptive and I think deliberately so, but even if it isn’t the harm remains. It isn’t enough by at least an order of magnitude.

A Huckabee or a Mitt Romney isn’t going to do any more than they absolutely need to politically. That is what they did when they had the chance in their respective states and I have seen nothing that would suggest any change in their calculations.

What is the point of replacing the captain of the Titanic minutes before it hits the iceberg if he has no intention of changing course?

sharrukin on March 14, 2011 at 8:38 PM

I was able to get on to C4P earlier today and now I’m getting the balnk screen. I hope nothing is wrong and I hope that Palin’s studio and C4P aren’t the victims of a hack or cyber attack.

CCRWM on March 14, 2011 at 8:39 PM

gryphon202 on March 14, 2011 at 8:34 PM

Then why ignore it and not condemn it, instead of letting it just float away without a word? Just a simple question to anyone as I know most of you will support whomever is the nominee.

Knucklehead on March 14, 2011 at 8:41 PM

Of course there is a reasonable explanation. There always is, isn’t there?

technopeasant on March 14, 2011 at 8:37 PM

That C4P is down is pure coincidence. I imagine something kept Palin away and in time we will learn.

alwaysfiredup on March 14, 2011 at 8:41 PM

Knucklehead on March 14, 2011 at 8:41 PM

And I’ve given more thought to who I am supporting than most Palin detractors have given to their reasons for disliking her. I just get a little tired of constantly having to explain myself.

gryphon202 on March 14, 2011 at 8:46 PM

If she runs, she wins. Plain and simple. Who else has been taking on 0bama and the establishment GOP? Romney? Who’s driving the narrative? Gingrich? The fact is, there is no one else, and we have been blessed. Yes B L E S S E D to have a patriot like Sarah Palin at this time in our lives. She will run, and she will win, and she’ll reform gov’t and put it back in the hands of its citizens.

Palin/West 2012

long_cat on March 14, 2011 at 8:50 PM

Palin just sent a tweet so she is okay it seems… wonder what is going on…

CCRWM on March 14, 2011 at 8:50 PM

gryphon202 on March 14, 2011 at 8:46 PM

But you still didn’t answer my question. The Palin supporters have no problem calling out anyone who doesn’t support her, but why not this person who states “he’ll sit out and find as many friends as possible to do the same” if she’s not the nominee?

Knucklehead on March 14, 2011 at 8:53 PM

Palin just sent a tweet so she is okay it seems… wonder what is going on…

CCRWM on March 14, 2011 at 8:50 PM

I just checked her twitter page. She last tweeted 21 hours ago.

NoNails on March 14, 2011 at 8:54 PM

Knucklehead on March 14, 2011 at 8:41 PM

Maybe they feel like we are all entitled to vote the way we like, I know I do. I like Palin but I will continue to assess the situation as it moves forward and make a decision with MY vote.

bluemarlin on March 14, 2011 at 8:55 PM

Knucklehead on March 14, 2011 at 8:53 PM

Considering that you misquoted him, I’m not sure your question deserves an answer. But you asked if all Palin supporters feel this way. I said no. I also said that your wonderment betrays a lack of intellectual heft. That is as far as I will go in this strawman line of questioning.

gryphon202 on March 14, 2011 at 8:56 PM

Is MSM just awestruck? Is that explanation for ignoring his claims? MT@dcexaminer: WH claims fail/Hugh Hewitt http://bit.ly/dERcdS
less than a minute ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

That’s what confused me…

CCRWM on March 14, 2011 at 9:01 PM

oldyeller on March 14, 2011 at 8:09 PM

Am I reading this wrong? Sounds to me like oldyeller is going to disengage and encourage people to stay home no matter who the nominee is. Or am I the one reading this out of context?

gryphon202 on March 14, 2011 at 9:01 PM

gryphon202 on March 14, 2011 at 9:01 PM

Read the entire thing…..he’s responding to Hollowpoint.

Hollowpoint on March 14, 2011 at 6:57 PM

oldyeller on March 14, 2011 at 8:09 PM

Are you picking up what I was trying to put down now? LOL

Knucklehead on March 14, 2011 at 9:05 PM

C4P is back up though…but noting on why she didn’t appear on Fox with Lou Dobbs…

CCRWM on March 14, 2011 at 9:06 PM

Just went over to Sarah Palin’s Facebook.

The whole format has been changed.

Perhaps I have not been observant and perhaps someone can correct me but I don’t remember this heading before:

Sarah Palin

politician

technopeasant on March 14, 2011 at 9:08 PM

Whether it was technically appropriate or accurate is irrelevant. I don’t control what the MSM decides to push, but it doesn’t take a genius to know better than to give a hostile MSM the opening they were looking for. Hollowpoint on March 14, 2011 at 7:59 PM

It doesn’t take a genius to understand that the MSM doesn’t need an opening to attack Palin (or anyone). They make things up to attack anyone they consider a threat. You don’t understand the need to fight back. You are prepared to let them dictate who is the nominee. Do you think they won’t attack that person? Do you have a clue?

Basilsbest on March 14, 2011 at 9:08 PM

Are you picking up what I was trying to put down now? LOL

Knucklehead on March 14, 2011 at 9:05 PM

Meh…thing is, I understand the frustration. It’s too goddam important for me to stay home personally, and no, I don’t think anyone else should. That being said, I can certainly understand (although I don’t agree with) the allure of giving up, being surrounded with whimps, whiners, bluebloods, and other assorted douchebags on all sides.

gryphon202 on March 14, 2011 at 9:09 PM

Contrary to prevailing opinion, we Palin supporters are a diverse lot. You won’t ever catch me saying I think Sarah Palin is a shoo-in to go all the way, because I’m not sure that she is. But to criticize me for desiring to vote in the primaries on the basis of my beliefs? To me, that’s as good as criticizing my beliefs. That’s a line you don’t cross with me if you don’t want some sort of response.

gryphon202 on March 14, 2011 at 9:13 PM

For all of you Daniels and Christie lovers, did you catch Levin tonight. Can’t wait for the excuses.

wheelgun on March 14, 2011 at 9:34 PM

Damned if she does, damned if she doesn’t. She’s winning if she “makes herself look like a victim” and then blamed for playing the victim card. She responds, and she’s playing the victim card anyway. Screw it.

ddrintn on March 14, 2011 at 9:39 PM

technopeasant on March 14, 2011 at 9:08 PM

FB update. It’s not related.

alwaysfiredup on March 14, 2011 at 9:52 PM

karenhasfreedom on March 14, 2011 at 8:27 PM

sharrukin on March 14, 2011 at 8:38 PM

That is why I said we have to fight the battles we can fight. It is EQUALLY important to load up the Congress with people who will get the job done. We absolutely have to reverse this spending spree. Right now, the GOP leadership in both houses are a bunch of P*SSIES. We have to replace them with more like the group we put into Congress in 2010. One more sweep of 70+ new GOP members and we will have the concentrated voting power and fortitude to yank back the spending.

AND it will be easier to do if we have someone with BALLS in the White House, like Palin. It has already been established that the other contenders are as big a P*SSIES as the current GOP leadership in the Congress.

We have a 2 front battle in 2012, the Congress and the Oval Office. It is imperative we win both. AND that will also ensure that we get decent nominations to the Supreme Court. We all know that Palin will only nominate constitutional judges.

karenhasfreedom on March 14, 2011 at 10:15 PM

The only thing talked about or remembered afterwards was the “blood libel” thing. She instantly handed the MSM a meme to run with that allowed them to completely disregard the rest of what she said.

It was a rookie mistake, and she should’ve known better.

Hollowpoint on March 14, 2011 at 7:39 PM

Nice try cornpone, but don’t try and match wits with the Cuda, you can’t stick with a third grader.

The Blood Libel was pure genius. It kept the media whores howling all week giving Sarah free space in their vacant heads and guaranteed front and center coverage.

Just Like DEATH PANELS!

Even hard core Jews stepped up and said she used it in a common context for todays usage.

I know its hard for you haters to keep up but don’t embarrass yourself further by posting your moronic drivel and pretending to know more about politics and the media than Sarah!

Anybody remember anything, any two words, Mitt or Huck or Daniels, or Plenty, or Newt has said.
Or anyone ever remember these pandering, two party – two steppers standing up to the media whores lies or calling OBlahBLah out in a way that anyone anywhere remembers?
I didn’t think so cause it never happened and that is why none of them can beat the Presstitutes Boy!

dhunter on March 14, 2011 at 10:21 PM

Absolutely agree IF the voters are even given a choice. All too often the GOP tries to push a Charlie Crist, Mike Castle, or a Dede Scozzafava on the voters. That won’t result in any change and if that battle is lost it won’t much matter who you vote for.

Which raises the question of what do we do if another McCain is nominated? Without leadership from the White House what can we expect to accomplish? Maybe a weak Romney/Huckabee type president could be forced into cutting spending, but I suspect we will never have that sort of strength in Congress.

karenhasfreedom on March 14, 2011 at 10:15 PM

And if we lose one (likely) or both (very possible) what do we then do? If the nominee is someone like Romney what can we hope to accomplish in the time left?

I understand why people at that point would simply say, enough!

sharrukin on March 14, 2011 at 10:25 PM

Shut up dick head….

You don’t bring anything meaningful to the conversation.

idesign on March 14, 2011 at 8:33 PM

Please note this warning.

Anyone dumb enough to use the comment threads to challenge people to fights/duels, wish death on family members of other commenters, or in general act like raging asshats and foul-mouthed children on this thread, will no longer be allowed to comment at Hot Air. Don’t expect warnings or explanations, and I don’t give a tinker’s dam how long you may or may not have been commenting here. Four people just found out that I’m serious the hard way. I’ll be glad to add a few more to that list.

Either get serious and mature or back away from your keyboards for a while.

Ed Morrissey on March 14, 2011 at 5:08 PM

Schadenfreude on March 14, 2011 at 10:35 PM

Yeah! She had “hard core Jews” on her side. So step back, haters.

YYZ on March 14, 2011 at 10:48 PM

Yeah! She had “hard core Jews” on her side. So step back, haters.

YYZ on March 14, 2011 at 10:48 PM

“Hard core Jews” is a poor choice of words, but the gist is correct. Dershowitz even vouched for her in that respect. Not to mention the countless times the term was used before Palin used it, but wow, Palin uses it and kaboom.

ddrintn on March 14, 2011 at 10:54 PM

I think a drunken monkey could beat Obama in the election

that being said the elites of the right know the perfect storm of a SP presidency coupled with a senate takeover with TP candidates could spell change on the beltway they aren’t ready for

no wonder the stuffy right wingers are trying to torpedo her at every turn

Sonosam on March 14, 2011 at 11:05 PM

Schadenfreude on March 14, 2011 at 10:35 PM

Look it’s a time traveler…. LOL

Nice try Sparky……

idesign on March 14, 2011 at 11:23 PM

Forgot the link, idesign.

Here ya go.

Schadenfreude on March 15, 2011 at 1:21 AM

Gov. Palin’s speech in India is going to lay out her plans for America.

This is like the Newt thing.

Get ready because the speech looks like she is running and FOXNEWS is under pressure.

Palin is booking.

Palin is running.

oldyeller on March 15, 2011 at 1:26 AM

I am SICK of the whole “Palin is better as a kingmaker” canard.

It’s the new soft bigotry of low expectations.

fossten on March 15, 2011 at 8:51 AM

It’s the new soft bigotry of low expectations.

fossten on fossten

maverick muse on March 15, 2011 at 8:59 AM

maverick muse on March 15, 2011 at 8:59 AM

???

fossten on March 15, 2011 at 9:00 AM

If people think that the Tucson shooting was a tragedy and no time for any Palin self defense, but somehow NOW that Japan is melting down the time is right to announce your potus candidacy, that it must happen NOW, just get real and grow up.

Look again at the map of trade winds from Japan that will pound Alaska, the Canadian Vancouver area and San Francisco in particular.

There’s more to life at the moment than potus announcements. There’s nuclear information necessary for Palin to study before making another public appearance as a potential potus candidate. And there are precautions for Pacific coastal residents to be taking for their health.

Then there’s the flu season still on. Who is to say that the Palin family is not affected at the moment.

Forcing issues doesn’t necessarily solve anything.

Patience is a virtue. I don’t want nor do I care if Palin announces her own candidacy before anyone.

But what of now? Candidates are polling to determine public demands.

Let’s do ourselves a favor and determine our Tea Party Potus platform of demands. Build it now. That’s what we can do, and what we must do now. Then the demands on the official primary candidates are up front, and the alliance secured with the candidate that represents the agenda rather than the candidate that mouths lip service.

maverick muse on March 15, 2011 at 9:12 AM

Yeah! She had “hard core Jews” on her side. So step back, haters.

YYZ on March 14, 2011 at 10:48 PM

ddrintn on March 14, 2011 at 10:54 PM

I apologise to all for that poor choice of words.
It was a quick response and could have been said much better.
At the moment I was txting the kid, reading a Lee Childs novel and commenting on Hotair.
Perhaps should cut back to two things at a time.

Poor wording, point still stands!

dhunter on March 15, 2011 at 9:39 AM

no wonder the stuffy right wingers are trying to torpedo her at every turn

Sonosam on March 14, 2011 at 11:05 PM

As someone else posted above 1,400 billion dollar budget and the Repugnantcans propose cutting 60 billion, the Rats howl and want 10 only.

I’d say some Tea Party replacements need to be called upon to end the two party two step thats’ selling us down the river to foreign interests.
If you had 1,400.00 for food for 8 weeks do ya suppose you could find 60.00 in cuts?
Skip a night out!
I’d say 600.00 would be more realistic considering the magnitude of the debt.

dhunter on March 15, 2011 at 9:49 AM

I was having some fun. Right now Gov. Palin is probably watching Japan. She may not even make it to India.

oldyeller on March 15, 2011 at 9:51 AM

2 Things:

1) I wouldnt be 100% sure Obama even gets the nod. Do not forget Hillary.

2) I find it funny people think Palin NEEDS Fox or their money. See, she is a hot product right now (in the business sense) and Fox pays her whatever due to her status – not their ratings. So this nonsense about Allies giving her a “talking to” and releasing so-called “insider chatter” is all garbage.

She is a rock star and demands rock star fees to appear, speak, write and/or talk. She holds all the leverage – hence the BS smell test on this – or my original sentiments yesterday – purposely done ahead of her running so Fox can claim “fair and balanced” during said Presidential coverage and give the appearence they arent 100% cozy together.

Fox Corp didnt get to where they are by hiring and listening to morons in the Exec suite, they know exactly what they are doing – and seem to be 4 steps ahead of the curve… like they wanted.

Odie1941 on March 15, 2011 at 10:02 AM

GO SARAH!

Herb on March 15, 2011 at 12:03 PM

I think a drunken monkey could beat Obama in the election

Sonosam on March 14, 2011 at 11:05 PM

Second look at runawayyyy….???

runawayyyy on March 15, 2011 at 1:01 PM

There have been things Palin has commented on that I’ve thought she was better off just ignoring but this wasn’t one of them. She was being branded a murderer in the public square. I would expect anyone to defend themselves under those circumstances. A person who doesn’t is going to be a wimp at the negotiating table when it comes time to deal with the world’s tyrants.

NoLeftTurn on March 15, 2011 at 6:38 PM