Hot Air poll: March primary survey results

posted at 4:52 pm on March 9, 2011 by Patrick Ishmael

For a third survey in a row, Sarah Palin tops the Hot Air charts, garnering 34% of the readership’s vote. Palin leads a pack consisting of Chris Christie (who for a third survey came in second) at 14%, Herman Cain at 9%, Tim Pawlenty at 7%, and Mitt Romney. Notably, Romney has finished fifth in every survey, and in every survey regardless of sample size, has received 6% of the vote.

Here’s the chart of all the Primary votes so far, starting from the first one we did in November, by percentage of the vote.

For Vice President, Rep. Allen West leads the pack at 22%, followed by Paul Ryan, Marco Rubio, Herman Cain, and Michele Bachmann. West’s positioning is strongly correlated to Sarah Palin-related votes as her most favored running mate; as Palin voters go up, so too do VP West votes. The VP chart over time:

Top second choice for President? Chris Christie.

Top vote loser? For a second survey, Sarah Palin.

Demographics of this survey:

Nearly 700 people indicated that they did not comment at Hot Air, but “would like to!” For those that have provided email addresses, I’ll try to give you the heads up if I have forewarning as to when registration opens. Regardless, I’ve passed along your interest to the guys upstairs.

Two quick, final points.

It’s important to start winnowing down the candidate pool we’ve got presently. Chris Christie and Paul Ryan will be removed from the topline survey question next month if they don’t indicate a reasonable interest to run; there’s no sense in keeping candidates in the first-choice President question who’ve said they absolutely won’t do it. Gotta move on, as disappointing as it might be. DeMint may also go.

Once the pool is winnowed, the next step is working out when and how candidates will exit the field. Like I indicated when I was predicting House outcomes, predicting nationwide outcomes can be a lot trickier if we just gloss over local circumstances. With the surveys we’ve been doing at Hot Air, we’re gathering lots of valuable knowledge as to these local circumstances; I’m looking forward to matching those circumstances up with the primary calendar, once it crystallizes.

I’ll toss out the first few months of last cycle’s calendar, per About.com, for your perusal as a rough sketch of what next year’s calendar might look like. I look forward to your thoughts in the comments, and at my Twitter.

JANUARY 2008
January 3: Iowa (caucuses)
January 5: Wyoming (GOP caucuses)
January 8: New Hampshire (primary)
January 15: Michigan
January 19: Nevada (precinct caucuses), South Carolina (R primary)
January 26: South Carolina (D primary)
January 29: Florida
FEBRUARY 2008
February 1: Maine (R)
February 5: Alabama, Alaska (caucuses), Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado (caucuses), Connecticut, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho (D caucuses), Illinois, Kansas (D caucuses), Massachusetts, Minnesota (caucuses), Missouri, Montana (R caucuses), New Jersey, New Mexico (D), New York, North Dakota (caucuses), Oklahoma, Tennessee, Utah, West Virginia, American Samoa (caucuses)
February 9: Louisiana, Kansas (R), Nebraska (D caucuses), Washington (D&R caucuses)
February 10: Maine (D caucuses)
February 12: District of Columbia, Maryland, Virginia
February 19: Hawaii (D), Washington (R primary), Wisconsin
MARCH 2008
March 4: Ohio, Rhode Island, Texas, Vermont
March 8: Wyoming (D)
March 11: Mississippi
APRIL 2008
April 22: Pennsylvania

This post was promoted from GreenRoom to HotAir.com.
To see the comments on the original post, look here.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Also, what is “Freep’ed” ? Is that anything like pwned?

cynccook on March 9, 2011 at 5:33 PM

As in The Freepers over at Free Republic skewed the results.

OmahaConservative on March 9, 2011 at 5:35 PM

Holy Cow! I had no idea that there were so many more men than women here. Interesting.

Cindy Munford on March 9, 2011 at 5:00 PM

Not everyone who answered the poll is registered on Hot Air.

darwin on March 9, 2011 at 5:36 PM

I’d like to see it without Christie, DeMint, Ryan, and Barbour in the mix.
gary4205 on March 9, 2011 at 5:11 PM

If you had your way it would be Palin versus Godzilla and no one else.
Knucklehead on March 9, 2011 at 5:16 PM

That would be no contest. Everyone knows Godzilla’s just another Candy-ass RINO elitist tool for the Republican establishment.

She’d eat him for breakfast.

RINO in Name Only on March 9, 2011 at 5:37 PM

HotAir has traditionally been more of fiscally conservative site, so this proves Palin’s appeal across a wider spectrum than she gets credit for. Social conservatives will flock to her as well.

SouthernGent on March 9, 2011 at 5:35 PM

So far as I know this is the only poll or survey where Palin has come in number one…the truth is this poll says more about who comes to Hot Air than it does who will or will not win a nomination. I don’t think Hot Air has a history of being all that indicative of the rank and file Republicans. That is not meant to be a slap at Hot Air either, it is just a fact.

Terrye on March 9, 2011 at 5:38 PM

I hope that once the winnowing begins, people take a serious look at Cain for their first choice presidential candidate.

Vatican Watcher on March 9, 2011 at 5:39 PM

Knucklehead on March 9, 2011 at 5:29 PM

gary4205 on March 9, 2011 at 5:31 PM

How do you do at the lottery?

Cindy Munford on March 9, 2011 at 5:39 PM

Wow! I was forced to turn on our exhaust fan due to the HUGE amount of SMUG here …

Allah, I’m glad that you are taking this in stride, and I was so happy to see you begining to see the light that I even blogged your topic from yesterday.

Hot Air now OWNZ ‘Hope and Change’. :)

DannoJyd on March 9, 2011 at 5:39 PM

Vatican Watcher on March 9, 2011 at 5:39 PM

If he’s willing to close the border, deal with the illegals here, and actually say the words “radical Islam” and “communism”, then I’ll take a peek.

darwin on March 9, 2011 at 5:41 PM

I’d like to see it without Christie, DeMint, Ryan, and Barbour in the mix.
gary4205 on March 9, 2011 at 5:11 PM
If you had your way it would be Palin versus Godzilla and no one else.
Knucklehead on March 9, 2011 at 5:16 PM

This is true…why not just Palin without Obama in the mix too while we are at it. Just Palin vs nobody.

Terrye on March 9, 2011 at 5:41 PM

Nah, just that the C4P cultists Freep’ed the poll, as usual.

Oh, is that right? I missed that. That’s lame, but whatever.

Allahpundit on March 9, 2011 at 5:28 PM

For those being honest, you know AP is always like this. Read: fair or tries pretty hard to be. I have been tempted many times to post in his defense when fellow ‘Nistas were giving him jazz about a perceived slight at Palin, but didn’t for fear of being labeled a kissass. The truth is AP is a lot more objective toward points of view and candidates he doesn’t care for than many of us would be even if we were a marquee blogger at a site as big as HotAir. I, for one, hope he always blogs here and never changes.

Kataklysmic on March 9, 2011 at 5:41 PM

darwin on March 9, 2011 at 5:36 PM

Don’t you think it would indicate that the 700 “interested” are probably mostly men? I think 70% to 30% is very surprising.

Cindy Munford on March 9, 2011 at 5:41 PM

No, I don’t take any particular delight in it. I state my honest opinions; I’m glad when there’s an honest disagreement on the site since it makes things more interesting, but I don’t antagonize people just to antagonize them. If I did, would I have said yesterday that Palin’s decision to skip the first debate was smart politics? Wouldn’t it have been better to say “This is crazy!” and watch Palin supporters go nuts?

Allahpundit on March 9, 2011 at 5:22 PM

While I don’t necessarily agree with many of your pontifications, I think they are one of the reasons that HA works so well. You’re kind of like a benevolent foil to some of us.

NoNails on March 9, 2011 at 5:42 PM

Because of the volume of Palin votes, it’s pretty much a uniform Palin win in most states. I’m working on a way of balancing online turnout disparities to develop a useful, realistic map based on survey responses. As is, the answer to your four questions is “Palin,” but I think we can all agree that odds are against her winning all of those states, particularly New Hampshire. The proto-model is cranking out some interesting results, but like I said, it’s a work in progress that needs tweaking.

Patrick Ishmael on March 9, 2011 at 5:22 PM

You’re doing a great job with this.

I like the way you are trying to do something different.

gary4205 on March 9, 2011 at 5:42 PM

Well, at least it was not Ron Paul who came in number one for a change..it seems that in these kinds of polls he always wins.

Terrye on March 9, 2011 at 5:42 PM

There’s a lot more women who are regulars here.

Was the poll elevated to the main blog? Or was it in the Green Room only?

John the Libertarian on March 9, 2011 at 5:42 PM

Terrye on March 9, 2011 at 5:38 PM

We thank God every year that the CPAC straw polls are horse hockey also.

Cindy Munford on March 9, 2011 at 5:43 PM

O/T: Watching Fox News: NEA, the LARGEST union in the US, “we are not in it for the children, we are in it for the POWER”! GET.RID.OF.THE.NEA.!!!!!! Sorry, had to throw that in.

sicoit on March 9, 2011 at 5:44 PM

So the STOP PALIN campaing isn’t working that well but having some impact. Chrisite looks like he is losing supprt also. At this rate if the establishment continues on no one will be acceptable to anyone. Nice work Rove. It still won’t get Jeb elected…

unseen on March 9, 2011 at 5:44 PM

NoNails on March 9, 2011 at 5:42 PM

I think he has referred to it as “comment whore”. Not that I agree but it is funny.

Cindy Munford on March 9, 2011 at 5:44 PM

SouthernGent on March 9, 2011 at 5:35 PM

I think so too and though not a majority, there is a large number of social conservatives as well.

CCRWM on March 9, 2011 at 5:44 PM

Will someone PLEASE educate these people to what a complete RINO (of the worst kind) that Chris Christie is? PLEASE???? Before they go and VOTE for him (in the event that he runs)?!!!

Oh ok fine…I will:

Just to get you started.

JRWARHAWK on March 9, 2011 at 5:44 PM

Why does Nick the troll get to post under two names?

CCRWM on March 9, 2011 at 5:30 PM

Eh?

nickj116 on March 9, 2011 at 5:44 PM

Hollowpoint on March 9, 2011 at 5:31 PM

This is a HotAir poll! What are you getting so excited about? It’s like a straw poll at any gathering.

Deep breaths HollowOne. Count back from 10. 9. 8. Happy thoughts….

portlandon on March 9, 2011 at 5:45 PM

sicoit on March 9, 2011 at 5:44 PM

I saw that, the guy saying it is appropriately creepy.

Cindy Munford on March 9, 2011 at 5:45 PM

Patrick Ishmael on March 9, 2011 at 5:22 PM

God I wish I could crunch numbers like that!

SouthernGent on March 9, 2011 at 5:45 PM

Terrye on March 9, 2011 at 5:38 PM

Palin also won an unofficial National Review Online straw poll and at least two of Townhall.com’s straw polls.

steebo77 on March 9, 2011 at 5:46 PM

Cindy Munford on March 9, 2011 at 5:41 PM

Eh, maybe. You never know. Remember, these are just people who answered the poll. There may be more women who read and don’t answer polls or comment.

Who’s more likely to lurk? Men or women?

darwin on March 9, 2011 at 5:46 PM

Terrye on March 9, 2011 at 5:38 PM

You need to get out more. Townhall ran a poll that couldn’t be ACORNed and Palin won decisively. NRO ran a poll recently and Palin won by so much, they put it in a hidey hole.

NoNails on March 9, 2011 at 5:46 PM

Terrye on March 9, 2011 at 5:38 PM

Sarah Palin Wins National Review Online Poll: 2/17/2011

Sarah Palin wins Right Nation 2010 straw poll: 9/27/2010

Hate to bust your bubble……

idesign on March 9, 2011 at 5:46 PM

Patrick Ishmael on March 9, 2011 at 5:22 PM

What Palin voters? I think a lot of people like and respect her, but I don’t think that you can actually lay claim to real Palin voters…who are these people? I don’t think she has a chance of winning. I really don’t.

Terrye on March 9, 2011 at 5:46 PM

it’s a matter of right-wing blog readers being more conservative and well-disposed to the tea party than Republicans generally.

Allahpundit on March 9, 2011 at 5:16 PM

or simply better informed.

unseen on March 9, 2011 at 5:47 PM

Terrye on March 9, 2011 at 5:38 PM

She’s won the Townhall/Hot Air straw poll convincingly, every month. She blew out the American Spectator polls.

Both of those website’s polls, like this one, were almost impossible to spam. Having to add an e-mail addy takes time, but having to add a code as well is just too time consuming.

That’s why Ron Paul isn’t winning them. Even his bunch who are the kings of the poll spammers, aren’t going to do that much work.

She’s also tied at the top of the latest Gallup polling.

gary4205 on March 9, 2011 at 5:47 PM

Vatican Watcher on March 9, 2011 at 5:39 PM

I intend to give him a serious look, but given his lack of political experience he’s going to be a tough sell to the general public.

I’m perfectly willing to accept the premise that a successful CEO is every bit as qualified to be President as a governor or senator, but I’m not sure that’ll fly with the electorate at large.

Hollowpoint on March 9, 2011 at 5:48 PM

Cindy Munford on March 9, 2011 at 5:45 PM

Yes, I also noticed it was from a “former” from 2009 as well. Jeez…..

sicoit on March 9, 2011 at 5:48 PM

There’s a lot more women who are regulars here.

Was the poll elevated to the main blog? Or was it in the Green Room only?

John the Libertarian on March 9, 2011 at 5:42 PM

Well, I’m a woman and I would have voted in this poll, had I known about it! But I would also have voted for people who have declared that they are not running, so…feh.

cynccook on March 9, 2011 at 5:49 PM

Sarah Palin Wins National Review Online Poll: 2/17/2011

Sarah Palin wins Right Nation 2010 straw poll: 9/27/2010

Hate to bust your bubble……

idesign on March 9, 2011 at 5:46 PM

Speaking of bursting bubbles, just look at the polls she has lost. She has lost more than she has gained..and these kinds of polls are not scientific anyway. They just tell you who is doing the poll…not how they relate to the general population or even the rank and file Republicans. What I have noticed is that a lot of Palin supporters believe that the polls that put her up are good polls and all the polls that show her down are crappy polls.

Terrye on March 9, 2011 at 5:50 PM

How do you do at the lottery?

Cindy Munford on March 9, 2011 at 5:39 PM

Actually pretty well! :-)

Over the years I’ve done OK. Almost $30K total.

Never hit all 6 number though, but I keep on paying my moron tax and playing anyhow.

gary4205 on March 9, 2011 at 5:50 PM

I do wish Cain would run, if only because he could call his campaign “The Cain Mutiny.” Sigh. That could be so awesome.

cynccook on March 9, 2011 at 5:50 PM

Terrye on March 9, 2011 at 5:46 PM

Your concern is noted…..LOL

idesign on March 9, 2011 at 5:50 PM

Terrye on March 9, 2011 at 5:38 PM

Just what is that supposed to mean, Terrye?

portlandon on March 9, 2011 at 5:50 PM

Sorry, had to throw that in.

sicoit on March 9, 2011 at 5:44 PM

It’s in the Rove ad in the headlines.

John the Libertarian on March 9, 2011 at 5:51 PM

She’s also tied at the top of the latest Gallup polling.

gary4205 on March 9, 2011 at 5:47 PM

Oh come on…Townhall and Hot Air…partisan people who spend their time on line doing polls in the first place. I have done polls like this myself…but most people do not even know what the Townhall poll or the Hot Air poll are for heavens sakes..it tells you who looks at those sites..not who will or will not win the nomination.

Terrye on March 9, 2011 at 5:52 PM

Terrye on March 9, 2011 at 5:50 PM

Palin wins poll: “They cheated! It doesn’t matter”

Palin loses poll: “Aha! See! She can’t win”

Apply.Lather.Rinse.Repeat.

portlandon on March 9, 2011 at 5:53 PM

Terrye on March 9, 2011 at 5:52 PM

You want some cheese with that?

kingsjester on March 9, 2011 at 5:53 PM

What they say, “Person X is unbiased”.

What they mean, “Person X shares my bias”.

Immolate on March 9, 2011 at 5:53 PM

cynccook on March 9, 2011 at 5:50 PM

LOL!

sicoit on March 9, 2011 at 5:53 PM

Terrye on March 9, 2011 at 5:46 PM

Have you been introduced to Meredith? I’m guessing you guys would be fast friends. You guys could get together and discuss whose PDS is worse that day over chai tea lattes.

Kataklysmic on March 9, 2011 at 5:54 PM

so the ABP people are having a bad day. Politco reports she is looking at setting up a bae campaign in AZ for a national election, She wins this poll. the STOP PALIN campaing is not producing the results they thought it would and Palin is still a major factor. the media/pundits and ABP Palin figured her 15 mins would be up by now but she just keeps going and going. the more she goes the moer people become supporters just for the fact that she unlike all the rest doesn’t give up.

Yeap bad day for the ABP palin.

Or yeah and their new boy-toy is sinking in the polls by 10% in NJ has the gop base abandons him. IMO for going after Palin. not good for them. Brings a smile to my face….

unseen on March 9, 2011 at 5:55 PM

steebo77 on March 9, 2011 at 5:46 PM

Oh yeah. I forgot the NRO poll. That was the one Rich Lowry was shilling trying to pump up Mitch Daniels. He was shilling it hard, until Palin kicked his ass, then Rich just shut the poll down without announcing a winner!!!!

Thank goodness for screen grabs!!

gary4205 on March 9, 2011 at 5:55 PM

Terrye on March 9, 2011 at 5:38 PM
Just what is that supposed to mean, Terrye?

portlandon on March 9, 2011 at 5:50 PM

It means that partisan people who are very conservative and very involved in politics come here. How many people in your daily life do you know who read political blogs? That is what I mean, the people who do those polls are far more likely to choose someone who is seen as very partisan himself or herself…but when it comes to real elections, even in primaries these kinds of polls don’t tell you much.

Terrye on March 9, 2011 at 5:56 PM

darwin on March 9, 2011 at 5:46 PM

I don’t know if I think one gender or the other would be more likely to lurk. It’s so interesting, I love the way people work.

Cindy Munford on March 9, 2011 at 5:56 PM

Nice job Patrick!..:) Very interesting piece of work..Look forward to more..:)

PS..Give a heads up on the new open registration..I know a couple of good posters hat want back in from Michelle Malkin’s board!..:)

Dire Straits on March 9, 2011 at 5:57 PM

Romney/Cain is my preferred ticket.

Obviously, my choice is in the minority here.

The Ugly American on March 9, 2011 at 5:57 PM

It’s in the Rove ad in the headlines.

John the Libertarian on March 9, 2011 at 5:51 PM

sicoit on March 9, 2011 at 5:57 PM

Thank goodness for screen grabs!!

gary4205 on March 9, 2011 at 5:55 PM

At least Lowry did not lie about Palin’s record the way you lied about Daniels…

Terrye on March 9, 2011 at 5:57 PM

Terrye on March 9, 2011 at 5:56 PM

Come to the Heartland (yes, Dixie included)and give people a choice of Romney or Plain. Same results. He is a NE Regional candidate, at best.

kingsjester on March 9, 2011 at 5:58 PM

Terrye on March 9, 2011 at 5:56 PM

So maybe Obama should have been included in the poll?

Cindy Munford on March 9, 2011 at 5:59 PM

I tell you what, maybe we could just skip the nominating process and let the voters on political sites pick the nominee, after all, if they are fair and indicative of what the real election will bring…why bother with actual voters at all? Just do a townhall or a hot air poll.

Terrye on March 9, 2011 at 6:00 PM

Terrye on March 9, 2011 at 5:46 PM

Terrye on March 9, 2011 at 5:50 PM

Wow, this is one SERIOUS hissy fit you are throwing!

How sad it is to be you.

gary4205 on March 9, 2011 at 6:00 PM

Terrye on March 9, 2011 at 6:00 PM

Wow. Have you thought about Decaf?

kingsjester on March 9, 2011 at 6:01 PM

Terrye on March 9, 2011 at 5:56 PM
So maybe Obama should have been included in the poll?

Cindy Munford on March 9, 2011 at 5:59 PM

Maybe so.

Terrye on March 9, 2011 at 6:01 PM

Cindy Munford on March 9, 2011 at 5:56 PM

Men constituted ~65% of Palin’s vote, women the other 35%. That’s pretty close to the overall gender breakdown.

Patrick Ishmael on March 9, 2011 at 6:02 PM

Deep breaths HollowOne. Count back from 10. 9. 8. Happy thoughts….

portlandon on March 9, 2011 at 5:45 PM

It wasn’t limited to HA readers or commentors. Even if it was “fair” in the sense that individuals weren’t voting multiple times, the C4P crowd was still able to freep it after being linked there.

Online polls are like newspaper horoscopes- for entertainment purposes only, not to be taken seriously.

Hollowpoint on March 9, 2011 at 6:03 PM

Wow, this is one SERIOUS hissy fit you are throwing!

How sad it is to be you.

gary4205 on March 9, 2011 at 6:00 PM

Wait until Palin announces and has a money bomb that fully funds her entire primary campaign within the week….

unseen on March 9, 2011 at 6:03 PM

Hollowpoint on March 9, 2011 at 6:03 PM

wow you are thin-skinned.

unseen on March 9, 2011 at 6:03 PM

Terrye on March 9, 2011 at 5:52 PM

Uh, troll, the Townhall poll is advertised EVERYWHERE! Google ads have the thing all over the interwebs.

You should just stop talking because you are be-clowing yourself more and more by the second.

Just because you’re guy sucks doesn’t mean you get to piss on everyone else with your nonsense.

gary4205 on March 9, 2011 at 6:04 PM

Wow, this is one SERIOUS hissy fit you are throwing!

How sad it is to be you.

gary4205 on March 9, 2011 at 6:00 PM

Nah, it is not a hissy fit. It is just sad to see people latch onto a poll like this to support someone who have negative ratings as high as Palin’s…there is something desperate about that…but what the hell, believe what you want.

Anything can happen. I am not saying otherwise…I am just pointing out the obvious fact that these are not scientific polls, they are polls done by readers of particular sites. That is all I am saying.

Terrye on March 9, 2011 at 6:04 PM

unseen on March 9, 2011 at 6:03 PM

Wow. How much do you suppose she would need to bring in?

cynccook on March 9, 2011 at 6:04 PM

Is this the same as the TownHall poll?

stenwin77 on March 9, 2011 at 6:04 PM

Hollowpoint on March 9, 2011 at 6:03 PM

So, one of the Moderators of the site tells you “whatever” and you insist the poll was rigged because Mitt got creamed. Reality check.

kingsjester on March 9, 2011 at 6:04 PM

I don’t think she has a chance of winning. I really don’t.

Terrye on March 9, 2011 at 5:46 PM

Okay. That’s great. Some of us do think she has a chance at winning, especially if national and world events go her way. I don’t see how your opinion is more valid than mine. The only thing that will settle it is her running.

alwaysfiredup on March 9, 2011 at 6:05 PM

So many people here are older than me. Perhaps my midlife crisis is premature, and should be suspended for a few years.

Does this mean I need to return my new Chevy Volt?

RINO in Name Only on March 9, 2011 at 6:05 PM

Romney/Cain is my preferred ticket.

Obviously, my choice is in the minority here.

The Ugly American on March 9, 2011 at 5:57 PM

And everywhere else too.

gary4205 on March 9, 2011 at 6:05 PM

sicoit on March 9, 2011 at 5:48 PM

He may have made the statement in 2009 but he retired on Feb. 24, 2011. His words are still relevant.

Cindy Munford on March 9, 2011 at 6:06 PM

I don’t think she has a chance of winning. I really don’t.

Terrye on March 9, 2011 at 5:46 PM

So what are you so afraid of?

rrpjr on March 9, 2011 at 6:07 PM

unseen on March 9, 2011 at 6:03 PM

It will be a very bad day for people like Terrye. I suggest investing in who ever it is that makes Midol!

gary4205 on March 9, 2011 at 6:08 PM

gary4205 on March 9, 2011 at 6:04 PM

Listen gary, I am not lying to myself.I don’t think Mitch Daniels can win..I don’t think he has the personality for it. As for Townhall being everywhere…please…the only people who are even going to go to a poll like that are people who are into doing political polls on line. On the other hand when honest to God polsters do polls Palin does not do that well.

Now, if you want to believe that a Townhall poll or a hot air poll is proof that Palin is a shoe in for the White House..go ahead. But the fact that I think otherwise does not make me a troll.

Terrye on March 9, 2011 at 6:09 PM

It is an online poll. It does favor online activists over rank-and-file. It also indicates there is still a great deal of fervor for Palin from the online activists of the Right. While this is not necessarily predictive, it is one gauge of support. Politicians need very excited people to promote their campaigns. These are people who not only vote, they also volunteer and organize. I can promise you Romney or any other candidate would love to have the HotAirheads on his side. So it’s a plus for Palin. She’s got her downsides, allow her an upside once in a while.

alwaysfiredup on March 9, 2011 at 6:09 PM

unseen on March 9, 2011 at 5:55 PM

You didn’t read the Christie poll. He still enjoys strong support among Republicans, but it’s a heavily Dem state. Palin is especially unpopular there. Even if he “went after” Palin (which he didn’t), it would likely be met with approval there.

What is it with the Palinista obsession with Christie, anyways? He’s not running and thus poses no threat to the (almost non-existant) possiblity of Palin becoming President in 2012.

I don’t get it. Is it the First Commandment of the Church of St. Sarah (pbuh) that “Thou shalt not tolerate no other Republicans from gaining media attention”?

Hollowpoint on March 9, 2011 at 6:09 PM

Cindy Munford on March 9, 2011 at 6:06 PM

In the words of Bill Engvall: Yeeeeeeesssssss Maaaaaaaaaammmm!

sicoit on March 9, 2011 at 6:11 PM

Wow. How much do you suppose she would need to bring in?

cynccook on March 9, 2011 at 6:04 PM

huck spent 9 million for his primary fight. True that was on a shoestring but Palin has already said she will not be dragged down with a big staff. So I could see at least the $10 million figure happening pretty quick. that was what McCain got when he announced her as VP within a day.

McCain spent about 50 million and Mitt spend about 90 million. I doubt Palin would need that kind of money to start off. She already has about $1.5 million on hand in Sarahpac. so the first week will probably see her fully funded for the first part of the primary…..

unseen on March 9, 2011 at 6:11 PM

Terrye on March 9, 2011 at 6:00 PM

Wow. Have you thought about Decaf?

kingsjester on March 9, 2011 at 6:01 PM

Terrye is #WINNING!…

the_nile on March 9, 2011 at 6:11 PM

Patrick Ishmael on March 9, 2011 at 6:02 PM

Thanks. How about the number of people interested in becoming commenters at HotAir. Did you by any chance break that down by gender?

Cindy Munford on March 9, 2011 at 6:11 PM

gary4205 on March 9, 2011 at 6:08 PM

Actually gary, I think it would be a bad day for America because I think it would gaurantee a second term for Obama… That is my only concern. That is what bothers me and I am not enough of a cult follower to turn 34% on a hot air poll into a successful bid for the White House. \

Terrye on March 9, 2011 at 6:11 PM

Terrye on March 9, 2011 at 6:04 PM

The only thing desperate is your hissy fit.

If Palin sucked so bad, you wouldn’t care. No one would. If Palin was such a disaster people like you who support inferior losers wouldn’t be in panic mode.

Nope, If Palin sucked, she’s run the primary, get her ass handed to her, and move on.

The problem for you, and people like you, is Palin doesn’t suck.

Recognizing YOUR problem will be your first step to happiness.

gary4205 on March 9, 2011 at 6:12 PM

Hollowpoint on March 9, 2011 at 6:09 PM

I see you fail to understand how Christie himself ensured he received plenty of media attention …

darwin on March 9, 2011 at 6:12 PM

gary4205 on March 9, 2011 at 6:08 PM

At the risk of incurring your wrath, you make it very hard to be on the same side.

Cindy Munford on March 9, 2011 at 6:13 PM

I don’t think she has a chance of winning. I really don’t.

Terrye on March 9, 2011 at 5:46 PM

Sorry, I’ve voted a few times and I’ve never seen an instruction that said “Vote for the one you think is going to win”.

You won’t vote for Palin because you don’t think she could win? Do you think she’d make a good president for you?

BobMbx on March 9, 2011 at 6:14 PM

All this proves is that the Palin bullies have run everyone else off from Hot Air.

No surprise there.

petunia on March 9, 2011 at 5:13 PM

Somehow I don’t think so, since all of the other conservative blogs/forums I frequent favor Palin by 70% or better.

But whatever lets you sleep at night….

I missed this poll, too. Chalk up another Palin vote, based on the choices here. My preference used to be DeMint, but I’ve changed my mind.

JannyMae on March 9, 2011 at 6:14 PM

Hollowpoint on March 9, 2011 at 6:09 PM

You didn’t read the poll. The dem support for chritie has moved up. chrisite support is dropping in the gop base( and the ind to some extant) the conservative attacks on him are having an impact as he is protrayed as the RINO he is….sad I know but chrisite should have stayed on the porch..

I love how christie supporters live in fantasyland…..read the poll and understand what it is telling you. Christie has taken a big hit among the gop base in NJ care to explain anything he has done in the last month that would anger the base besides starting a feud with Palin?

unseen on March 9, 2011 at 6:15 PM

kingsjester on March 9, 2011 at 6:04 PM

When did I become a Romney backer? This is news to me and I’m sure to those who put up with my many comments critical of Romney in 2007-2008.

So, yeah- congrats Palinistas. You organized and won a online poll, meaningless though it may be. Just don’t delude yourself into thinking that it in any way represents the Republican primary or general electorate at large.

Hollowpoint on March 9, 2011 at 6:15 PM

Terrye is #WINNING!…

the_nile on March 9, 2011 at 6:11 PM

LOL!

cynccook on March 9, 2011 at 6:16 PM

Cindy Munford on March 9, 2011 at 6:13 PM

Yeah, sometimes.

darwin on March 9, 2011 at 6:17 PM

JannyMae on March 9, 2011 at 6:14 PM

I too missed this poll. it wasn’t well advertisted. But i don’t visit the green room much…

unseen on March 9, 2011 at 6:17 PM

Has anyone else ever been tempted to create two user names, one pro-Palin, the other anti, and have them get into flamewars with each other just for fun? How likely is it that at least one person is doing that on this very thread?

RINO in Name Only on March 9, 2011 at 6:17 PM

Hollowpoint on March 9, 2011 at 6:03 PM

Did you hear what you just said?
What does it matter if the C4P crowd does “freep the poll”? They STILL vote….more likely to vote than passive/uniformed voters that don’t come here for “entertainment purposes”.

tencole on March 9, 2011 at 6:17 PM

Hollowpoint on March 9, 2011 at 6:15 PM

Pardon me. So you’re a Christie guy. Well, that means you’re in favor of the Ground Zero Mosque and Gun Control. How…Moderate.

kingsjester on March 9, 2011 at 6:17 PM

Hollowpoint on March 9, 2011 at 6:15 PM

your tears are music

unseen on March 9, 2011 at 6:18 PM

Terrye on March 9, 2011 at 6:11 PM

Since Palin is the only one with the balls to take on Obama and crush him, I think your “concern” is unfounded.

She’s destroyed tougher candidates in her lifetime than Obama.

With gasoline at $5 a gallon, and the economy still in the tank, come 2012, it won’t be whether Sarah will win, but just how big the blowout will be.

Palin is the only one who can not one beat Obama, but have the skill to turn the nation around.

Enjoy your hissy fit though, it’s certainly entertaining as hell!

gary4205 on March 9, 2011 at 6:18 PM

How likely is it that at least one person is doing that on this very thread?

RINO in Name Only on March 9, 2011 at 6:17 PM

doubtful the last time hotair held an open enrollment was before Palin because the talk of the town..

unseen on March 9, 2011 at 6:19 PM