The Ed Morrissey Show: Kevin McCullough, and finding Marizela Perez

posted at 12:18 pm on March 7, 2011 by Ed Morrissey

Today, on the Ed Morrissey Show (3 pm ET), Kevin McCullough joins us again to discuss the intersection of faith and politics. Kevin and I will talk about the GOP “frontrunner” dilemma, the latest in Wisconsin, boxcutters and TSA, Charlie Sheen, and much much more!

We’ll also discuss the case of Marizela Perez, who has been missing in the Seattle area since Saturday afternoon. Marizela’s case has a connection here at Hot Air, as she is the cousin of the Boss Emeritus, Michelle Malkin. Michelle is trying to spread the word through Facebook and Q13Fox/KCPQ in Seattle.  We want to encourage prayers for Marizela’s family, and also try to reach anyone in the area who knows where Marizela might be and ask them to contact the police:

MISSING PERSON

Name: Marizela Perez

Date Missing: March 5, 2011, 12:00-12:30 P.M.

Last Seen: Rainier Beach area, heading to UW Seattle campus to meet friends for lunch or study in the UW libraries

Possible Routes: Sound Link Light Rail stations, downtown/Chinatown areas, UW Seattle campus, U-district

Description – Asian female, 5’5” tall, 110 lbs, skinny build, asymmetrical bob with short bangs and brown/red highlights hairstyle, tattoo on left inner arm with the words ‘lahat ay magiging maayos’, last seen wearing denim jeans, light brown suede laced boots, possibly wearing green eye contacts, possibly carrying a plaid backpack with a Macbook Pro laptop, taking medication for depression.

We’ll also talk about The Binge Thinker, Kevin and Stephen’s exploding success in independent talk radio, as well as Kevin’s book, The Kind of Man Every Man Should Be: Taking a Stand for True Masculinity.

The Ed Morrissey Show and its dynamic chatroom can be seen on the permanent TEMS page — be sure to join us, and don’t forget to keep up with the debate on my Facebook page, too!

Comments

Please come home safe, Marizela!

Khun Joe on March 7, 2011 at 12:31 PM

It’s about time this made it to the front page from the headlines.

EFG on March 7, 2011 at 12:44 PM

I’m originally from Seattle, have a lot of friends and family there. Posted to my FB page.

DarkCurrent on March 7, 2011 at 12:50 PM

I can not begin to imagine parent’s having to deal with something like this. Lots of prayers are going to God’s ears for Marizela and her safe return.
L

letget on March 7, 2011 at 12:58 PM

Prayers for Marizela and her family.

VPJ on March 7, 2011 at 1:33 PM

My prayers go out for Marizela, her family and Michelle…

Lately I find myself praying for the Second Coming of Christ… things are just so awful all over the world and to me He is the answer and the end to the misery.

CCRWM on March 7, 2011 at 2:04 PM

I hope everything turns out ok. I wish I could say or do more but at this point all we can do is pray and hope.

darwin on March 7, 2011 at 2:20 PM

CCRWM on March 7, 2011 at 2:04 PM

If one looks back through history there have always been awful times. seems like the one thing humans never do is learn from history.

darwin on March 7, 2011 at 2:21 PM

Ed, has Michelle told Fox news this? Since she is on several times a week maybe they will bring this up. Also America’s Most Wanted are great getting the word out.
L

letget on March 7, 2011 at 2:26 PM

Oh my this is horrible news. I will pray for her, you and your family Michelle.

jawkneemusic on March 7, 2011 at 2:36 PM

If this is her, here’s another picture people might distribute. Look’s like it was taken at Pike Place Market or maybe Portland’s Saturday Market (they just had their 38th season kickoff March 5 & 6. I hope the family is checking Portland, too, Union Station, Max light-rail, Tri-Met bus, mall security at Lloyd Center, Clackamas Town Center, Mall 205, Bridgeport Village, Washington Square, etc.

Christien on March 7, 2011 at 3:16 PM

They need to retrace (on foot) every possible route she could have taken to ensure she’s not laying some where injured. I’m sure they’ve already checked her cell and “pinged” her phone if possible.

WordsMatter on March 7, 2011 at 3:52 PM

St. Anthony of Padua, please intercede on behalf of the Perez family and bring their daughter Marizela home to them.

fourdeucer on March 7, 2011 at 3:59 PM

Any news? Please keep us updated.

petunia on March 7, 2011 at 4:40 PM

Our prayers too are with Marizela. Reading about this this morning on Michelle’s blog had the effect of hearing about a relative of a friend going missing.

JimP on March 7, 2011 at 5:12 PM

This is heartbreaking on so many levels. As awkward as it is to hope that this beautiful girl is suffering from an intense period of depression and has chosen to disappear, (for a bit hopefully) vs. having met foul play, it is my hope. We need to always keep in mind that no matter how depressing, we as adults, find our America- the young people of today have entire lives to live out in it, and they realize how difficult it will be. Prayers.

anniekc on March 7, 2011 at 6:46 PM

My family’s thoughts and prayers. Hopefully she is found soon. Did she have family in PI? Maybe she just flew home to be with the comfort of family and we will hear from her soon. Please keep us updated.

Timothy S. Carlson on March 7, 2011 at 6:54 PM

My prayers go out to Marizela and her family. Hope they find her safe

mark24609 on March 7, 2011 at 7:43 PM

My heart is saddened by this news. I pray for a safe and speedy return of Marizela home to her family. Special prayers go to Michelle Malkin whom I have come to love for her supreme courage and diligence safe guarding our one of a kind American tradition. sonny loves michelle

sonnyspats1 on March 7, 2011 at 8:35 PM

From the Seattle Times website:

Bubba Redneck on March 7, 2011 at 10:05 PM

Prayers are sent

EricPWJohnson on March 7, 2011 at 10:37 PM

I pray she is found safe and sound.

Gothguy on March 8, 2011 at 9:42 AM

Ed, Michelle has an up-date on her site. They still have no news yet. Prayers are still going to God’s ears for Marizela.
L