Quotes of the day

posted at 10:51 pm on March 3, 2011 by Allahpundit

“Sarah Palin’s advisers have long suggested that the former Alaska governor can afford to wait longer than other potential presidential candidates to enter the 2012 Republican primary race – possibly as late as the fall – thanks to her star power and built-in following among some grassroots conservatives…

“‘History would suggest that’s a very risky strategy related to the Iowa caucuses,’ Iowa GOP chairman Matthew Strawn said during a sit-down with reporters at Republican National Committee headquarters in Washington. ‘The one thing that Iowans don’t want to be is taken for granted.’…

“‘There is an expectation that you’re going to get the opportunity to ask these candidates the tough questions, face-to-face, whether it’s in a town hall or a coffee shop or at our farm co-ops,’ Strawn said. ‘I don’t see that changing this cycle. If you want the votes of the Iowa caucus goers, you need to be in Iowa asking for then and giving Iowans the opportunity to ask you the tough questions.’”

***
“In August, the Fix wrote that former Alaska governor Sarah Palin had almost no presidential ground operation in the first-in-the-nation state. Six months later, as the presidential race begins in earnest, that’s still true. She’s held a few high-profile events in the state, but she hasn’t had the one-on-one meetings with activists that other potential presidential contenders are lining up. She’s avoided speaking invitations…

“‘Unless Sarah Palin begins reaching out to Iowa operatives and activists soon, she runs the risk of digging herself a hole that even her celebrity won’t pull her out of,’ Tim Albrecht, communications director for Iowa Gov. Terry Branstad (R), told The Fix…

“One possible takeaway from Palin’s weak Iowa operation is that she isn’t running for president. ‘At this point, I believe her inaction here signals an unwillingness to run,’ Albrecht said. Former Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee, who is openly ambivalent about a presidential run, is also lagging on groundwork in the state. Huckabee, however, has plenty of contacts in Iowa from his 2008 run, and many caucus-goers got to know him in that cycle.”

***
“The one thing for all the Palin supporters to remember is that, if she can’t make it in Iowa, she is not going to make it anywhere else. Iowa is ideal for a Palin candidacy, but thus far, she seems to be afraid of the process here. Besides a few book signings, Palin has done nothing in the state but hang out in the Savory Hotel in downtown Des Moines for an entire day before speaking at the Republican Party of Iowa fundraiser.

“The Sarah Palin fan club needs to realize that it takes more to run for president than just posting things or endorsing candidates via Facebook. If she is considering running for President, she has a ton of work to do in a state like Iowa. At her current rate, she’s going to make Fred Thompson’s 2008 Iowa campaign look like a well-oiled machine.

“I’ll get serious about a Sarah Palin presidential run when she gets serious about Iowa.”

***
“McClatchy Newspapers spoke to 30 activists around the state at four separate sessions last week. Each discussion lasted at least an hour.

“At each, the mood was the same – Republicans most want someone who can beat President Barack Obama. They don’t know who that is yet…

“What no one wants is a candidate perceived as too radical, or plagued by a controversial past, or one who could have trouble wooing the independents and conservative Democrats whose support will be necessary to win in November 2012…

“Palin’s name was rarely mentioned; most here don’t expect her to run.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5

Dire Straits on March 4, 2011 at 3:38 AM

If she wins the Primary Ace would first have to eat major crow and a few hats and his readers would remind him for months about it. I hope he could swallow that pride but IMHO Ace is officially unpredictable and I see no way of knowing a priori how he would respond. The safest bet would be to say “I have no idea what is going on in his mind”.

Geochelone on March 4, 2011 at 3:44 AM

Geochelone on March 4, 2011 at 3:44 AM

I think Ace would support Palin against Obama..:)

Dire Straits on March 4, 2011 at 3:46 AM

I heard crow is a dish best served cold…

Gohawgs on March 4, 2011 at 3:42 AM

You are right it is best served cold..Ace would support Palin over Obama..He would eat the crow..:)

PS..I have had to eat some crow before myself..Good with BBQ sauce..:)

Dire Straits on March 4, 2011 at 3:50 AM

Viator on March 4, 2011 at 3:39 AM

A positive sign. Even their overheated imaginations are running dry.

But “professional campaign management” will be a real problem should it happen. SP has shown she knows how. But nobody can run and manage a campaign at the same time.

Caststeel on March 4, 2011 at 3:50 AM

Dire Straits on March 4, 2011 at 3:50 AM

Next time try brown gravy. Don’t let anyone try to serve you that nasty cream “gravy”…

Gohawgs on March 4, 2011 at 3:55 AM

Gohawgs on March 4, 2011 at 3:55 AM

LOL!..Brown Gravy it will be..:)

Dire Straits on March 4, 2011 at 3:56 AM

Back.

OmahaConservative on March 4, 2011 at 3:58 AM

To run for president is an awesome undertaking..You could not melt me and pour me into the job..:)

Dire Straits on March 4, 2011 at 3:58 AM

OmahaConservative on March 4, 2011 at 3:58 AM

And the light is on..:)

Dire Straits on March 4, 2011 at 3:59 AM

Dire Straits on March 4, 2011 at 3:59 AM

Thanks.
Need coffee.

OmahaConservative on March 4, 2011 at 4:00 AM

Dire Straits on March 4, 2011 at 3:58 AM

Not even if we threw water on ya???

Gohawgs on March 4, 2011 at 4:00 AM

Official OC theme song #1

Official theme song #2

Gohawgs on March 4, 2011 at 4:03 AM

Not even if we threw water on ya???

Gohawgs on March 4, 2011 at 4:00 AM

LOL!..Not even if you threw water on me!..:)

PS..Let Gas get to $ 5.00 and Obie will be trying to give it away..:)

Dire Straits on March 4, 2011 at 4:04 AM

Dire

I think the thing with Ace would be what type of credibility would he have with his support for Palin. Sure he might end up voting for her over Obama, but how would he ever support or make the case for Palin being qualified to be president and have anyone believe him. Hell, Ace would have a hard time saying Palin could walk and chew gum now. There is no way you can walk back his comments on that thread the other night. Maybe he was drunk or maybe he really believes she is an idiot. It’s his right to have his own opinion. I’m not worried about Ace.

I am not expecting much support from the moderate bloggers, pundits, or the GOP establishment if Palin wins the primary. I think we know that already. If Palin wins the primary my hope for Hot Air is a ratio of five Palin hit pieces for every one Obama hit piece. That will be hard to do since the MSM ratio will be closer to twenty Palin hit pieces to one Obama hit piece. If Ed and AP can can pull of a five to one ratio I would be very happy.

Forget the beltway establishment. They will be working against Palin just like they did with other candidates in 2010. Rove will be on a mission to take Palin out even if it means four more years for Obama. That’s how I see it playing out. If people are waiting for the GOP establishment to approve of Palin for president then forget it. You will be waiting for a long time.

Dire, I know you don’t hate anyone. I was just kidding. You guys do give me a headache though. He He!!

chief on March 4, 2011 at 4:05 AM

Gohawgs on March 4, 2011 at 4:03 AM

LOL!..Those are excellent choices..:)

Dire Straits on March 4, 2011 at 4:05 AM

Gohawgs on March 4, 2011 at 4:03 AM

Perfect.

OmahaConservative on March 4, 2011 at 4:10 AM

chief on March 4, 2011 at 4:05 AM

Nice Post!..:)

PS..I think Gohawgs asked you a question on page 4..:)

Dire Straits on March 4, 2011 at 4:10 AM

Dire Straits on March 4, 2011 at 4:05 AM

There’s never been any reason to doubt that…

Gohawgs on March 4, 2011 at 4:16 AM

Nelson rejects Porker of Year label

OmahaConservative on March 4, 2011 at 4:12 AM

We got rid of our scarf wearing 60th vote, will y’all?

Gohawgs on March 4, 2011 at 4:19 AM

Gohawgs

Army, Navy, or Air Force?

I don’t get the question. What were you asking?

chief on March 4, 2011 at 4:23 AM

We got rid of our scarf wearing 60th vote, will y’all?

Gohawgs on March 4, 2011 at 4:19 AM

YES. WE> CAN.
Who was yours?

OmahaConservative on March 4, 2011 at 4:24 AM

I think Geo is out stalking non-hardy flowers…

Gohawgs on March 4, 2011 at 4:25 AM

chief,

Your nic…does it come serving?

Gohawgs on March 4, 2011 at 4:26 AM

“If you could combine the attendees’ top issues to create one ideal candidate, here is what he/she would look like: A strong military leader, sprinkled with a dash of Ron Paul’s monetary views, mixed with an entitlement reformer, stirring in innovation on energy to reduce our dependence on foreign oil, blended together with a social conservative viewpoint, and splashed with a heavy dose of charisma. Bake it for a few hours and come up with someone who has electability. If a candidate can emerge with all those assets, he/she will appeal to a wide swath of Iowa caucus goers and be in prime position to win the GOP nomination.”

From The Iowa Republican article on the six person “focus group.”

Viator on March 4, 2011 at 4:26 AM

OC,

How quickly you forget our Blanche “in name only” Lincoln…

Gohawgs on March 4, 2011 at 4:27 AM

Gohawgs on March 4, 2011 at 4:27 AM

She is so yesterday…
Bribery done her in, eh?

OmahaConservative on March 4, 2011 at 4:28 AM

chief,

Your nic…does it come serving?

Gohawgs on March 4, 2011 at 4:26 AM

I’ll try again, minus the Direitis…

Your nic, did you choose it due to having been a Chief in the Army, Navy or AF?

Gohawgs on March 4, 2011 at 4:30 AM

Gohawgs on March 4, 2011 at 4:27 AM

She got ‘blanched’, eh? The wizard of oz would have approved.

OmahaConservative on March 4, 2011 at 4:31 AM

Bribery done her in, eh?

OmahaConservative on March 4, 2011 at 4:28 AM

That and the difficult primary challenge by our then Lt. Gov and former Clinton appointee that was supported by Moveon.org and several unions to the tune of $12 Million…Then there was the R tidal wave that helped turn a Fed. delegation from 1 R and 5 dems to 4 R’s and 2 dems…

Gohawgs on March 4, 2011 at 4:33 AM

Gohawgs on March 4, 2011 at 4:33 AM

Thankfully.

OmahaConservative on March 4, 2011 at 4:37 AM

Has anyone else had more than their fill of Chuck ‘tigerblood’ Sheen?

OmahaConservative on March 4, 2011 at 4:39 AM

Gohawgs

The nickname came from a fellow student when I was in sixth grade in regards to my black hair and tanned skin. The nickname stuck and I was called ‘Chief’ by fellow students, parents of students and pretty much of all of my teachers. No one called me Richard then and very few do today. None of my friends. It’s ‘Chief’ for them all of the time.

There are some that would have no idea what my real name is even today. You know how nicknames go. They just happen and you just go with it. I like it though.

I do have Native American heritage from both of my parents. Generations ago though, but the look is there.

chief on March 4, 2011 at 4:43 AM

chief on March 4, 2011 at 4:43 AM

Did you ever feel it was racially motivated?

OmahaConservative on March 4, 2011 at 4:45 AM

Romney will likely endorse SP. Then there are almost ten months to Iowa. Plenty of time even though Obie has never stopped campaigning. BTW folks are tired of seeing him everywhere.

In short, I am optimistic.

Caststeel on March 4, 2011 at 3:34 AM

If Romney does NOT enter the race and instead endorses someone (which I highly doubt at this point) what would Huckabee do?

Also could those of us listening to the talk radio circuit press them about actually ENDORSING someone in a timely manner this time around.

I remember last go-round it took them forever to endorse someone and it was finally Romney who really could have used the support earlier on.

SgtSVJones on March 4, 2011 at 4:50 AM

chief on March 4, 2011 at 4:43 AM

Ok then, Richard, just having a Nat’l Enquirer moment…We won’t discuss my various nicknames…

Gohawgs on March 4, 2011 at 4:51 AM

Who let’s a freak like this take care of their elderly mother?

OmahaConservative on March 4, 2011 at 5:06 AM

SgtSVJones on March 4, 2011 at 4:50 AM

If Romney were not to run and chose to endorse a candidate before (rather than after) I think he would go with a T-Paw or a Daniels. The only way I would see Mitt endorsing Palin is if he thought the VP slot or some other plum post would be his…If Huck also decided not to run but rather to endorse, I think he would do the opposite of Romney and support a Palin or a Cain…

Gohawgs on March 4, 2011 at 5:08 AM

Which means, Palin isn’t invited.

Palin might run for President of Facebook instead.

Moesart on March 4, 2011 at 5:08 AM

This is cool. I didn’t know we could open up our deepest darkest wounds in search of healing here at Hot Air.

I dated this girl once and……

Ha Ha!! Just kidding. Someone else can have the floor.

No, OC, I didn’t get that feeling of it ever being racial.

It was just a situation where one friend(Afican-American)started calling me Chief. Then as the years went on throughout school everyone called me Chief. Even parents and teachers. I think the nickname just fit me perfect and caught on with others. I am 43 now and it’s the same deal.

chief on March 4, 2011 at 5:09 AM

Moesart on March 4, 2011 at 5:08 AM

Go try and sell that painting somewhere else…

Gohawgs on March 4, 2011 at 5:11 AM

chief on March 4, 2011 at 5:09 AM

Glad I asked…

Gohawgs on March 4, 2011 at 5:15 AM

chief on March 4, 2011 at 5:09 AM

That’s great. Like the handle.

OmahaConservative on March 4, 2011 at 5:18 AM

OC,

There are too many messed up people out there and too many depending upon them…

Gohawgs on March 4, 2011 at 5:19 AM

Gohawgs on March 4, 2011 at 5:19 AM

Yep, and it is sad.
Just one look at that loser and I could tell she was unfit. What was the brother thinking giving her 60 bucks?
I’d have gone shopping for food instead.

OmahaConservative on March 4, 2011 at 5:24 AM

OmahaConservative on March 4, 2011 at 5:22 AM
Gohawgs on March 4, 2011 at 5:19 AM

We really need a leader who knows the energy sector like the back of HER hand.

Geochelone on March 4, 2011 at 5:25 AM

I’d have gone shopping for food instead.

OmahaConservative on March 4, 2011 at 5:24 AM

That would’ve required him or his wife to go INSIDE his Mom’s house to put away the groceries. He’s not blameless — unless he lived out of state or across state and the padlocks were new…

Gohawgs on March 4, 2011 at 5:27 AM

Gohawgs on March 4, 2011 at 5:27 AM

You are right. He sucks too. The sil tried to lay the blame exclusively on the tweaker sister.

OmahaConservative on March 4, 2011 at 5:29 AM

That’s right, Geo. Show up after an evening of frolocking on the beach, smelling the apple body spray mixed with the saltwater mist…

Gohawgs on March 4, 2011 at 5:30 AM

Well, it’s that time…I’ll see y’all later…

Gohawgs on March 4, 2011 at 5:32 AM

Later…

OmahaConservative on March 4, 2011 at 5:33 AM

Moesart on March 4, 2011 at 5:08 AM

Of course Palin will not be invited. I just hope she crashes the party anyway.

Actually that list is exactly why Palin should be the GOP nominee. She is one of the few candidates that meets that criteria for winning. Palin is not radical, has no controversial past, can attract conservative democrats.

The one question might be with certain independents. Palin will do fine with most independents, but will stuggle with the pro-abortion, misogynist men, and jealous woman contingent that consider themselves independents.

What percentage of the overall independent vote does that trifecta make up? I would think low.

chief on March 4, 2011 at 5:40 AM

Gohawgs on March 4, 2011 at 4:03 AM

Squeeze baby :)

cmsinaz on March 4, 2011 at 6:13 AM

Palin has always said that she’ll run for president if no one else with true conservative values or whatever will do it. I know that when I think about which candidate I’m going to vote for, I want the one that’s like, “Fine, I’ll do it if no one else will.”

Proud Rino on March 3, 2011 at 10:57 PM

I guess you didn’t get her meaning there, huh? Let me explain it to you: That statement was her acknowledgment that A) she has a lot of negatives and it would be tough for her to win but B) we need a true conservative on the ticket. Therefore, she will step up if no other true conservative does.

Kafir on March 4, 2011 at 6:54 AM

This is such Garbage.

HotAir should be ashamed.

stenwin77 on March 4, 2011 at 7:06 AM

Sounds like a bunch of dumb RINO bird dogs mired in the tall swamp grass while trying to flush out an eagle who is looking down on them with amusement from the tall tree. Yea, we’re shaking in our boots over this meme sparky.

Palin 2012!

Done That on March 4, 2011 at 7:49 AM

I will be so glad when the thought of an SP run is finally put to rest. Sorry folks, but whatever her favorable qualities, her lack of qualifications and her complete inability to win over anyone who isn’t already sold gives her absolutely no chance of winning. While I like her for the most part, I have to say that her fans are making themselves as off-putting as the Paulians.

MJBrutus on March 4, 2011 at 7:57 AM

cmsinaz on March 4, 2011 at 6:49 AM

Our Border Patrol agents south of the border should quit enmasse.
Obama’s cluelessness about how dangerous the real world is will get a lot of peple killed.

VelvetElvis on March 4, 2011 at 7:59 AM

MJBrutus on March 4, 2011 at 7:57 AM

You people are like broken records … “I like her, but her fans …”

It’ll be enjoyable to watch the squirming when she announces she’s running.

darwin on March 4, 2011 at 8:02 AM

VelvetElvis on March 4, 2011 at 7:59 AM

it boggles the mind how he kowtows to certain folk…
bean bag guns for pity sakes…

cmsinaz on March 4, 2011 at 8:02 AM

Our Border Patrol agents south of the border should quit enmasse.

VelvetElvis on March 4, 2011 at 7:59 AM

Not only that, but Mexicans are RUNNING TEXAS FARMERS OFF THEIR OWN LAND. It is now impacting our food supply.

How much more of this “open borders” crap (thank you GWB) can our country withstand?

stenwin77 on March 4, 2011 at 8:07 AM

It’ll be enjoyable to watch the squirming when she announces she’s running.

darwin on March 4, 2011 at 8:02 AM

5 will get you 10 that she won’t in 2012.

MJBrutus on March 4, 2011 at 8:08 AM

stenwin77 on March 4, 2011 at 8:07 AM

*shaking the head, sigh*

cmsinaz on March 4, 2011 at 8:10 AM

5 will get you 10 that she won’t in 2012.

MJBrutus on March 4, 2011 at 8:08 AM

She’s said everything but “I’m running”.

darwin on March 4, 2011 at 8:16 AM

I went to bed before the QOTD popped up and look what I see in the morning, a Palin thread!

Iowa shmiowa

pugwriter on March 4, 2011 at 8:25 AM

Why the Rising Price of Gas May Sink Obama

“According to an analysis of data from the Department of Energy, in every election but one, stretching all the way back to 1976, if the price of gasoline was higher on Election Day than four years before, the incumbent president or the candidate of his Party seeking to succeed him LOST.”

Drill, baby, drill

Viator on March 4, 2011 at 8:28 AM

The longer Palin waits (to a point) the more other candidates are forced to commit resources to a ground game in specific areas. If she times her entry right, she can cause widespread panic among operatives.

pugwriter on March 4, 2011 at 8:29 AM

Over and Over and Over she signals she does NOT need a title!”

She’s not running………she’s agitating!

PappyD61 on March 4, 2011 at 8:33 AM

Drill, baby, drill

Viator on March 4, 2011 at 8:28 AM

HERE. NOW.

kingsjester on March 4, 2011 at 8:36 AM

This scenario reminds me of the movie The Longest Day when a German officer in the early morning of June 6, 1944, while looking through his binoculars through the narrow opening in his bunker sees about 5000 ships heading for the beaches of Normandy and then says, “Where did they come from?” And then he phones his superior officer to tell him the news and his superior says to him, “The Allies don’t have 5000 ships.” And the next thing you hear is the navy bombardment of the German positions.

And I predict the same phenomenon will strike the heartland of America once Sarah Palin declares for President. Her opponents and the MSM won’t know what hit them and her strength in numbers will catch them all completely off guard.

technopeasant on March 4, 2011 at 8:51 AM

technopeasant on March 4, 2011 at 8:51 AM

+5,000

idesign on March 4, 2011 at 8:56 AM

Gohawgs on March 4, 2011 at 5:11 AM

You vanquished it in one comment!!!! We might have to name you sheriff of HotAit!!!

Cindy Munford on March 4, 2011 at 8:58 AM

cmsinaz on March 4, 2011 at 6:49 AM

How about no agents in Mexico. Put them on our side of the border with real guns.

Cindy Munford on March 4, 2011 at 8:59 AM

but thus far, she seems to be afraid of the process here.

To say she is afraid of the Iowa process is idiotic. Get a theory that makes sense.

Herb on March 4, 2011 at 9:01 AM

It seems the GOP is trying to force her hand.

darwin on March 4, 2011 at 9:07 AM

What the GOP did in 1996, DO THE OPPOSITE!

the_souse on March 4, 2011 at 9:08 AM

darwin on March 4, 2011 at 9:07 AM

Sarah Palin is like a poker player who keeps her cards close to the vest and who will not raise or see the bet at this time but rather fold her hand rather than to reveal the cards she is currently holding.

Instead she knows she has an ace up her sleeve (instant name recognition, an online army of millions and the ability to raise as much money as she needs) and she can wait for the time where she holds a “royal flush” and then only at that time will she go all in and raise the bets and finally show her winning hand and claim the jackpot.

technopeasant on March 4, 2011 at 9:14 AM

Sarah doesn’t need to go Iowa and bow down before the ethanol alter.

idesign on March 4, 2011 at 9:18 AM

Obviously this is an attempt to box Palin in; force her
to attend a limp chicken box lunch somewhere in the plains
of Iowa; declare her intention to run.

Palin won’t bite.

Amjean on March 4, 2011 at 9:38 AM

Ignore Iowa and New Hampshire. Go straight to South Carolina.

John the Libertarian on March 3, 2011 at 11:01 PM

I like!!!! These people in Iowa and New Hampshire
are getting “too big for their britches”. Who are they
to tell everyone what to do? It is time for some traditions to be broken.

Amjean on March 4, 2011 at 9:41 AM

We know, you keep repeating it over and over. The goal is to get the idiot out of the White House, and whether fair or not, Palin has been trashed by the MSM to the point where the Indy’s will not give her a second look.

She cannot win without them.

Knucklehead on March 3, 2011 at 11:05 PM

If what you say holds true, Indys must not be too independent.

Amjean on March 4, 2011 at 9:45 AM

I do believe it is actually the Savery Hotel.

steebo77 on March 4, 2011 at 9:54 AM

technopeasant on March 4, 2011 at 8:51 AM

They judge her by the petty snarkiness of those aligned against her. They have no clue as to the size of her army.

SKYFOX on March 4, 2011 at 9:54 AM

Three years ago, 59,950,323 people voted for Sarah Palin, including almost every one of you. So, you’ve already done it. You can do it again.

Emperor Norton on March 4, 2011 at 1:06 AM

Great point!!! Thank you for more ammunitition to fight the idiots – giving them facts and figures from Palin’s stellar record doesn’t work – attention deficit disorder or some such thing. Throwing this simple fact out will be much easier!

Amjean on March 4, 2011 at 10:10 AM

Kafir on March 4, 2011 at 6:54 AM

I agree – and that may be why she’s waiting to decide whether to run. She may want to see who else steps up to the plate since some of them seem too cowardly to make their own decision.

Personally I like the idea that she has a willingness to be open to who might be the best candidate rather than driven by personal desire to be POTUS – like Romney seems to be. Strikes me as being more interested in having someone conservative at the helm than just thinking she’s entitled to it- again like Romney does.

katiejane on March 4, 2011 at 10:25 AM

What the GOP did in 1996, DO THE OPPOSITE!

the_souse on March 4, 2011 at 9:08 AM

Whatever the GOP has EVER done, do the opposite.

rrpjr on March 4, 2011 at 10:26 AM

Geochelone on March 4, 2011 at 3:44 AM

He’ll be out on his bike taking photos for his little green ACEhq site…

the_nile on March 4, 2011 at 10:33 AM

Emperor Norton on March 4, 2011 at 1:06 AM

AND that was with a greasy, old, pandering fool hung around her neck like the anchor on the good ship Titanic, who when she had almost singelhandedly pulled his fat out of the fire, Juan McVain suspended his pathetic campaign to rush to DC and sign on to the biggest rippoff of the American TAXPAYING public to that date, while his opponent laughed his jackass off at the wool that was pulled over the old RINOs eyes.

Sarah almost won the thing even as her running mate declared that We The People had nothing to fear from an unqualified, undocumented radical the likes of which would not qualify for the security clearance necesary to enter the armed forces in defense of this country!

Sarah will run and Sarah will win!
Some of us are ready to work for her to save the Republic from the tyranny brought upon us by both corrupt Parties!

dhunter on March 4, 2011 at 10:37 AM

She won’t run because she’ll be too busy walking on water.
brak on March 3, 2011 at 11:27 PM

Sarah Palin can’t swim!

lonestar1 on March 4, 2011 at 11:15 AM

Sorry … but I’m kind of tired of this pap crybaby stuff from the early (small) primary states.

Last I checked – IOWA went for Obama in 2008 – they went Democrat.

The soul of this party is in the SOUTH … and if you’re going to “weight” or give an advantage to any states – they should be from the most homogenously RED portion of the nation you can find. And they don’t get any redder than the SOUTH. Every day there is a new story in the press down here about another Dimmocrit getting “wise” and switching to the GOP. This is happening down here even with African American lawmakers. We’re doing our part to kill off socialism down here – it’s working.

I’m not advocating that South should get an advantage – I’m just saying – if one is merited by any region or state – it is merited in the South – and not in a state that can’t make up it’s mind whether it’s blue or red – like Iowa.

Quit your tears Iowa.

HondaV65 on March 4, 2011 at 11:17 AM

Iowans are not more important than the rest of us. Their opinion simply holds too much weight.

ReneePA on March 4, 2011 at 11:33 AM

I hope she doesn’t run this year. We need her in reserve for 2016 if this year implodes. And she’s not quite “mature” enough, in the sense of a fine wine, to impress the voters that she really IS capable of handling the job in 2012. Meanwhile, she is a VERY visible and effective pundit as she earns her chops.

{^_^}

herself on March 4, 2011 at 12:11 PM

Living in Texas, I am envious of how much time these Iowans spend with the candidates. I never get to meet the candidates.

In fact, usually my candidate is long out of the race before Texas even votes for their primary (such as Fred Thompson the last cycle).

There is something inherently unfair in the system. It annoys me to no end.

Theophile on March 4, 2011 at 1:08 PM

No more talk about 2016…

2010 was the first salvo in the attempt to thwart socialism and the obamanation…
2012 will be the next big push, hopefully resulting in a Republican POTUS and a R Senate…
2014 will our third shot at regaining and strengthening a conservative Senate (the Senate elects 1/3 of it’s members every 2 yrs)…

Talk about 2016 is 1) too far off and 2) a signal that we aren’t serious about stopping this mess caused by both Parties in D.C….

Gohawgs on March 4, 2011 at 7:21 PM