Fox News suspends Gingrich, Santorum until they decide on 2012 run; Update: Salem to Gingrich: Come on over!

posted at 1:27 pm on March 2, 2011 by Ed Morrissey

The game of footsie played by Newt Gingrich this week has apparently exhausted the patience of Fox News, at which Gingrich works as an occasional contributor.  Earlier today, Fox anchor Bret Baier announced that the network would suspend both Gingrich and fellow contributor Rick Santorum until they clarified their intent to run for office in 2012:

Both, Baier said, “have signaled possible runs for the presidency” and it “is Fox policy” for them to be suspended.

The suspensions will be lifted on May 1 if they notify the network by then that they are not planning to run. If they do not announce one way or the other by the the deadline, their contracts will be terminated, Baier said.

“This is the announcement that’s being made today,” Baier said, but “it does not preclude other announcements that may be made in the future” about other Fox employees who are flirting with White House runs.

Of the two, Gingrich and his team have been the more aggressive. Gingrich yesterday denied that he would announce the start of a presidential exploratory committee this week, reported by ABC and National Journal, but even the denial sounded more associated with timing than intent. Santorum’s inclusion seems more odd. While he has talked openly about the potential of a presidential run, he hasn’t been nearly as aggressive about it, nor has he done a lot of visible organizing for a presidential run.

What does this say about the intent of Sarah Palin and Mike Huckabee?  Both are also high-profile contributors to Fox, and Huckabee has his own show on the network.  Both ran in the 2008 cycle, and both continue to organize for something.  Baier was careful to say that this does not preclude further announcements, but it would seem a little odd if Fox bounced Gingrich and Santorum for potential presidential runs that will be long-shots at best while continuing to employ two potential front-runners without bothering to first ask about their plans for 2012.

Update: My friend Tom Tradup, VP of News and Talk Programming at Salem Radio Network (Hot Air’s parent company), has an offer for Gingrich, who makes regular appearances on the Bill Bennett Show.  Tom sent this over to me at 2 pm ET:

“I’m a regular FOX viewer, but this is truly bizarre and goofy development,” states Tom Tradup, V.P. of News & Talk Programming at the Salem Radio Network. “Only someone with a view of the world similar to that of an ant isn’t aware that Rick Santorum and Newt Gingrich are considering White House bids in 2012. So are Sarah Palin and Mike Huckabee…but FOX News Channel isn’t suspending them.”

Tradup indicated that until Senator Santorum announces a formal bid for the Presidency in 2012 or any other year, SRN will continue to use him as both a guest host and an SRN News contributor. He noted that the same was true of previous MORNING IN AMERICA guest host Michael Steele, who remained with SRN until he was elected Chairman of the Republican National Committee in January 2009.

Tradup added:  “If Speaker Gingrich needs an outlet for his commentaries and observations, our phone lines are open and we’d be happy to take his call.”

Lines are open, Mr Gingrich …

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Cindy Munford on March 2, 2011 at 5:25 PM

Get a phone, don’t have to walk those…

Gohawgs on March 2, 2011 at 5:30 PM

You and Ace realize McCain lost in 2008, right? That is the last POTUS candidate we put forward who got decimated.

Kataklysmic on March 2, 2011 at 3:18 PM

Well Ace thinks McCain lost because of Gov Palin….whcih tells who how skewed his worldview is

unseen on March 2, 2011 at 5:32 PM

unseen on March 2, 2011 at 5:26 PM

You have fun but my money is on Knucklehead.

Cindy Munford on March 2, 2011 at 5:34 PM

The Left is actively treating them as a less than serious new source.

Cindy Munford on March 2, 2011 at 3:10 PM

While Obama has been trying that since his election. It usally drives up foxnews ratings.

unseen on March 2, 2011 at 5:35 PM

unseen on March 2, 2011 at 5:32 PM

It’s not hard to look at the polling from 2008 and see that the only time McCain led during the entire season was the 2 weeks between Palin’s rollout and the 9/15 financial meltdown. I would expect someone of Ace’s stature to see this. Which is why I agree with your assessment on him that he only pays attention to info that reinforces his preconceived notions of her. For whatever reason.

Kataklysmic on March 2, 2011 at 5:36 PM

Okay I’ll play, tell me what like so much about T Paw?

CCRWM on March 2, 2011 at 5:30 PM

I’m on my way out but I WILL give you an answer when I get home tonight.
I just don’t have the time to do it right now.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 2, 2011 at 5:36 PM

You have fun but my money is on Knucklehead.

Cindy Munford on March 2, 2011 at 5:34 PM

I don’t know he is dogged but he seems to pull his punches. gary just goes full tilt Connan

unseen on March 2, 2011 at 5:36 PM

unseen on March 2, 2011 at 5:32 PM

If his logic is that all the cool Republicans like Brooks, Frum, and Li’l Buckley didn’t vote for McCain because of her, he might be right. You can’t underestimate the power of squishes.

Cindy Munford on March 2, 2011 at 5:37 PM

unseen on March 2, 2011 at 5:36 PM

Knucklehead is a she.

OmahaConservative on March 2, 2011 at 5:38 PM

unseen on March 2, 2011 at 5:36 PM

He’s quite rational and thoughtful when he is talking about subjects other than Gov. Palin. I just question how secure someone’s beliefs are when name calling is the number one debate strategy.

Cindy Munford on March 2, 2011 at 5:40 PM

Kataklysmic on March 2, 2011 at 5:36 PM

yeah he told me to provide him a link where Palin helped McCain. he said the poll numbers went up after she was selected then dropped afterwards as she did her interviews etc. He asked what happened? if not Palin’s interivews..

Had to remind him that the enitre stock market crashed and McCain suspended his campaign at which point he started talking about some othe rleft winf talking point against GOv Palin. there really is no reasoning with the cult of ABP people facts mean nothign they have a narrative and have been brainwashed. Now they are INVESTEd emotionally to prove themselves right. Much like how they allowed themsleves to be brainwashed by Rove and CK against COD. they had to actively work to see it vome to fruitation..

unseen on March 2, 2011 at 5:40 PM

unseen on March 2, 2011 at 5:36 PM

I am talking about gary here. Knucklehead is a woman.

Cindy Munford on March 2, 2011 at 5:41 PM

Cindy Munford on March 2, 2011 at 5:40 PM

yeah the Gov has that impact on some people. others don’t understand the fuss. I would rather debate the pros and con’s but to each their own I guess.

unseen on March 2, 2011 at 5:42 PM

am talking about gary here. Knucklehead is a woman.

Cindy Munford on March 2, 2011 at 5:41 PM

oh didn’t know that. My comment was in relation to both and others. Not trying to single anyone out just making a general observasation

unseen on March 2, 2011 at 5:44 PM

The story line is about Gingrich and Santorum. I wonder why the posts always turn into ****PALINFEST****

idesign on March 2, 2011 at 5:21 PM

Because they are boring and no one cares about them, so Ed probably mentioned Palin to make sure his post received more than 3 comments!

Done That on March 2, 2011 at 5:45 PM

Three questions
1. Does Sarah Palin win in 2012 all the states that John McCain won?
2. Which states does Sarah Palin win (if any) in 2012 that Barack Obama won in 2008, and how would she reach the 270 electoral votes (I think that is the number you need)?
3. What would her appeal to Independents be?

Hilts on March 2, 2011 at 5:28 PM

1) Yes

2) CO, NV, NM, IA, IN, OH, VA, NC, FL. After the last two weeks she may even pick up WI. Yes, well over 270 EV.

3) Being an oil expert who aggressively pushes domestic development when prescious independants are paying $5 a gallon for gas.

Kataklysmic on March 2, 2011 at 5:45 PM

Knucklehead is a she.

OmahaConservative on March 2, 2011 at 5:38 PM

Well that would explain the pulled punches, I guess. Just a different way of handling conflict. Women tend on avg to be the peace makers if possible.

unseen on March 2, 2011 at 5:46 PM

If Sarah runs, I’m most concerned about HER. To volunteer for the treatment she will certainly receive as an official Candidate, she has to be One Iron Lady.

I think that I’ll cry and suffer over her tribulations as much or more than she will.

I guess I’m not as strong as she is, if she chooses to run.

Who is John Galt on March 2, 2011 at 5:47 PM

unseen on March 2, 2011 at 5:42 PM

You do a good job.

Cindy Munford on March 2, 2011 at 5:49 PM

Who is John Galt on March 2, 2011 at 5:47 PM

For the record, I chose to “drop out” and “go galt”, becoming a CDL Truck Driver after 30 years as a software engineer.

That’s hard, and if Sarah runs she’s tougher than I am.

Who is John Galt on March 2, 2011 at 5:49 PM

Gohawgs on March 2, 2011 at 5:30 PM

I need all the walking I can get.

Cindy Munford on March 2, 2011 at 5:50 PM

When is that debate supposed to happen in Simi Valley? At the rate we are going with no one declaring Nancy may have an empty library.

OmahaConservative on March 2, 2011 at 5:50 PM

Do we have a power ranking somewhere of the most rational proponents of Gov. Palin?

(A.K.A. – Top 25 Rational Palin Cultist)

I would like to know where I rank. Well if I’m even ranked.

chief on March 2, 2011 at 5:54 PM

Knucklehead may not be a troll, but she rarely adds anything to a reasoned discussion.

NoNails on March 2, 2011 at 3:30 PM

Certainly not on Palin threads. It’s pure trolling and mudslinging.

The only reason she shows up on them is to start something. No other reason. She has nothing to add, and cannot debate an issue.

gary4205 on March 2, 2011 at 5:54 PM

Cindy Munford on March 2, 2011 at 5:37 PM

I’m not suggesting he was wrong to even think that. I’m saying that he never bothered to research his asumption over the last 2 years. And there was many reports on the subject after the election. Even Steve Schmidt admitted Palin helped them in the final vote count.

I was pointing out the fact because IMO it protrays a lack of understanding and interest in him to even do basic research to verify his worldview on the subject. and becaus eof that he has a skewed view of Palin and his posts shoudl be read in that vain.

I’m not explaining it well but that’s the best I can come up with. It was a Aha! moment for me when he said it. Brought together wh yhe posts what he does and why he bleieves what he believes about her.

unseen on March 2, 2011 at 5:54 PM

I would like to know where I rank. Well if I’m even ranked.

chief on March 2, 2011 at 5:54 PM

top ten at least

unseen on March 2, 2011 at 5:55 PM

Oh look another somebody running for President story that isn’t about Palin that quickly becomes only about Palin in the comments.

Amazing. Exhausting actually.

petunia on March 2, 2011 at 5:57 PM

Amazing. Exhausting actually.

petunia on March 2, 2011 at 5:57 PM

yet you still fight the force of nature….

unseen on March 2, 2011 at 5:59 PM

unseen on March 2, 2011 at 5:54 PM

I know that I was happier about McCain’s nomination because of Gov. Palin.

Cindy Munford on March 2, 2011 at 6:00 PM

Obama “wrote” two books himself (actually had ghostwritten for him as was Palin’s books) – what does that mean? As far as Facebook followers – again what is the significance of that?
Why does she not go on any other interview shows outside of Sean Hannity?

Hilts on March 2, 2011 at 4:09 PM

Let’s see, 3 million followers multiplied by their and their family’s votes – do the math. Not to mention all the followers on the various Palin websites.
In regards her books, you obviously haven’t read them and don’t know enough about Palin to understand she received assistance in putting them together but they were not ghost written manuscripts.
On interviews you are apparently once again misinformed, but then I am not surprised. I’d direct your attention to the video at Palin TV of her recent unscripted one hour Q&A with a Democrat doing the questioning at the Long Island Association but it would be a waste of my time.

Being misinformed is one of the main symptoms of PDS sufferers.

Done That on March 2, 2011 at 6:02 PM

ok mark it down. finally found something I quasi- disagree with Gov Palin about.

Sarah Palin tweeted her disappointment with todays Supreme Court decision which upholds the First Amendment rights of anti-gay protesters at military funerals:

“Common sense & decency absent as wacko ‘church’ allowed hate msgs spewed@ soldiers’ funerals but we can’t invoke God’s name in public square”

While i agree that God’s name should able to be evoked where ever and whenever. I also think the SCOTUS ruling was right. the government should not be in the business of detailing what free speech is acceptable or not. Now I also think those that are being protested should be allowed to beat the snot of the idiots protesting but that’s another topic….

unseen on March 2, 2011 at 6:03 PM

Amazing. Exhausting actually.

petunia on March 2, 2011 at 5:57 PM

Say, anyone know if Ed mentions Palin in the original post? How about the caption to the post picture? Any mention there?

Kataklysmic on March 2, 2011 at 6:04 PM

I know that I was happier about McCain’s nomination because of Gov. Palin.

Cindy Munford on March 2, 2011 at 6:00 PM

Only reason I voted for him. I was leaning towards voting for him before but would have stayed home after I saw him debate. He totally lost me during his debates with Obama. After that the only reason I had left to vote for him was Gov Palin being on the ticket.

unseen on March 2, 2011 at 6:05 PM

Why does she not go on any other interview shows outside of Sean Hannity?

Hilts on March 2, 2011 at 4:09 PM

More talking points from the troll.

Sarah Palin wrote BOTH of her books. Hell, she had 20,000 words on paper before she ever had a book deal!

It’s clear at this point you aren’t intelligent in the least, but there’s a huge difference between a “ghostwritter” like Obama had (Bill Ayers, John Favreau) and an editor/collaborator Like Sarah had on her first book (Lynn Vincent)

Unlike Obama who still claims he wrote his books, Sarah was up front with her collaboration with Vincent.

The woman has a degree in communications and journalism. Pretty sure writing comes easy.

The second book is all her.

As far as interviews, more troll-spin, you walking left wing talking point. She does interviews all of the time.

Hell, she just did a 65 interview in front of an almost all democrat crowd, with a democrat moderator. There was media around the world covering it. No script, no pre-screened questions

She IS under contract with Fox, though, and there is some exclusivity with that, and appears a LOT on the Fox Business channel.

She just had ABC up in Alaska, BTW.

Take you tired lies and worthless talking points and move on down the road loser.

gary4205 on March 2, 2011 at 6:06 PM

Why does she not go on any other interview shows outside of Sean Hannity?

Hilts on March 2, 2011 at 4:09 PM

Ace is that you?

unseen on March 2, 2011 at 6:06 PM

I know that I was happier about McCain’s nomination because of Gov. Palin.

Cindy Munford on March 2, 2011 at 6:00 PM

That was the moment I became Political, and I’m now 50. The most inspirational domestic political speech I’ve ever seen.

“Tear down this wall” beat it, but that wasn’t a “domestic” speech IMO.

Who is John Galt on March 2, 2011 at 6:08 PM

Certainly not on Palin threads. It’s pure trolling and mudslinging.

gary4205 on March 2, 2011 at 5:54 PM

Knucklehead’comments are always enjoyable.he doesn’t spend hours on threads stalking an innocent woman from Alaska.

katy the mean old lady on March 2, 2011 at 6:10 PM

katy the mean old lady on March 2, 2011 at 6:10 PM

Knucklehead is a she.

OmahaConservative on March 2, 2011 at 6:13 PM

Kataklysmic on March 2, 2011 at 6:04 PM

Is that a rhetorical question?

“What does this say about the intent of Sarah Palin and Mike Huckabee?”

Cindy Munford on March 2, 2011 at 6:14 PM

Who is John Galt on March 2, 2011 at 6:08 PM

The convention speech was great.

Cindy Munford on March 2, 2011 at 6:15 PM

She.Sorry Knucklehead.

katy the mean old lady on March 2, 2011 at 6:15 PM

Shucks, the only Salem network here is AM 690 KHNR, which is on O’Ahu and reception is spotty. Luckily, I have my Blackberry App to listen to streaming live. When the network is in range. What a market opportunity here in Hilo for Salem.

I suspect Fox is just pandering to the lefties for Fair and Balanced content. It would advance the perception that Fox is bias, and here’s the proof. Sorta like Truthers, you’ll never convince them it isn’t bias.

After all, Fax News Lies…. and so it goes.

Kini on March 2, 2011 at 6:16 PM

Knucklehead is a she.

OmahaConservative on March 2, 2011 at 6:13 PM

Yup,keyboard needs replacing.

katy the mean old lady on March 2, 2011 at 6:16 PM

OK, everyone leave annoyinglittletwerp alone. She’s not a Palin supporter, but she’s also not an a-hole about it. She doesn’t troll and doesn’t snipe.

Besides, she’s about to become a Texan, and nobody messes with Texans.

gary4205 on March 2, 2011 at 6:17 PM

Is that a rhetorical question?

“What does this say about the intent of Sarah Palin and Mike Huckabee?”

Cindy Munford on March 2, 2011 at 6:14 PM

It is rhetorical. Designed for those at HA who like to talk about how ‘Nistas hijack every thread, but ignore the fact that half the time Palin is mentioned in the blogpost or headline story.

As far as what this says about Palin and Huckabee, I’m in unseen’s camp:

i doubt Huck is running and as far as Gov Palin unless ther eis some law or regulation about having to have a exploratory committee for fund related activites I doubt she will form one and simply announce she is running. Most likely on a local radio show some afternoon when no one is paying attention. It will be the statement heard around the world. No big news media, no conference call. I simple I am running. Maybe she can say bite me establishment.

unseen on March 2, 2011 at 5:17 PM

Kataklysmic on March 2, 2011 at 6:18 PM

Besides, she’s about to become a Texan, and nobody messes with Texans.

gary4205 on March 2, 2011 at 6:17 PM

except Palin that helped Perry destory hutchinson’s chances of the GOvenorship…:*

unseen on March 2, 2011 at 6:19 PM

unseen on March 2, 2011 at 5:36 PM

Don’t have any patience for stupid people, or people who only show up to start a fight.

There are any number of people here that one can have reasoned conversation with, even in disagreement.

She ain’t one of em.

gary4205 on March 2, 2011 at 6:19 PM

After all, Fax News Lies…. and so it goes.

Kini on March 2, 2011 at 6:16 PM

good point K

cmsinaz on March 2, 2011 at 6:21 PM

unseen on March 2, 2011 at 6:03 PM

I actually agree with her on that.

Why do the Patriot Guard Riders even exist? Why do they have to? How is it that a single extended family of lunatics is doing this and forcing the creation of such a force?

Has our society lost its own sense of self preservation and common sense that Islam is a real threat despite the weakness of the Muslim nations and the terrorist forces we face? Phelps and his crew are the same dynamic domestically.

The constitution cannot be applied in the absence of common sense and a shared morality. The founders (they wrote the constitution) would never have put up with some pro-British group screaming how Continental Army soldiers deserved to die and showing up at their funerals cheering their deaths.

Yet we somehow feel we must co-operate with those who want to see our society destroyed. Its madness.

sharrukin on March 2, 2011 at 6:21 PM

Yup,keyboard needs replacing.

katy the mean old lady on March 2, 2011 at 6:16 PM

Know what you mean. I’m always spilling beer, coffee and ashes into mine.

OmahaConservative on March 2, 2011 at 6:21 PM

OmahaConservative on March 2, 2011 at 5:50 PM

That’s the NBC/Politico debate. NO candidate should go to that whether declared or not. When will the lessons on letting liberals host Republican debates sink in? Are we stupid or what?

If Fox News and The National Review set a democratic debate for this summer, do you think any democratics would show up?

slickwillie2001 on March 2, 2011 at 6:25 PM

katy the mean old lady on March 2, 2011 at 6:10 PM

No, they are not. And if you think Palin supporters are going to sit by while losers spread lies and hate, you got another thing coming.

Those who support the squishes may be that way, But Palin supporters are not going to sit back and let trolls spread lies. We’ll fight as hard as she does.

If you don’t like that, you don’t gotta read my, or anyone else’s posts.

gary4205 on March 2, 2011 at 6:29 PM

slickwillie2001 on March 2, 2011 at 6:25 PM

bingo

alot of scheduling conflicts, sorry, can’t make it…

cmsinaz on March 2, 2011 at 6:31 PM

sharrukin on March 2, 2011 at 6:21 PM

but see that is the beauty of freedom. Yes the lunatics are doing what they are doing but freedom allows others to from groups and “fight back” If the governemtn is allowed to mess with that no matter how good a reason then the people will lose the freedom to counter the nutcases.

Do I think it’s “right ” for the Phelps to do it? No it is sickening but I think in a free society the more you allow the nutcases to talk the more they are shunned by society. It is when the hate and racism and the nutcases go underground and hide who they really are that the explosions happen as tha that eis allowed to grow unchecked and in secret. give them a

unseen on March 2, 2011 at 6:38 PM

Well back from my meeting and see I have to wait for Twerps response… If she us actually doing research , she just might come back a Palinista! :)

CCRWM on March 2, 2011 at 6:42 PM

but see that is the beauty of freedom.

Apparently the founders couldn’t see that beauty because they would never have put up with it.

Didn’t work that way in Weimer Germany, Imperial Russia, or the unrest we are now seeing in the middle east.

It is when the hate and racism and the nutcases go underground and hide who they really are that the explosions happen as tha that eis allowed to grow unchecked and in secret. give them a “stage” and they quickly become a few fringe nutcases. Make them go underground and you allow it to fester.

unseen on March 2, 2011 at 6:38 PM

The hate on the left, the 911 truthers, the pro-socialist propaganda that has swept through society suggests there are a few problems with that theory.

sharrukin on March 2, 2011 at 6:44 PM

I too, for the record, don’t agree with Palin on the SCOTUS decision but I certainly understand how she feels considering Track is in the military…

CCRWM on March 2, 2011 at 6:45 PM

Knucklehead on March 2, 2011 at 5:09 PM

Definitely a troll. No disputing that whatsoever.

True_King on March 2, 2011 at 6:46 PM

She does not win Florida or North Carolina. N.C.is a purple state now with a huge black population as well as Northern transplants (white collar workers and retirees) and a very large college student population.

Virginia is iffy. Northern Virginia (the beltway) is Democratic and the state also has a very large black population.

Florida is basically a swing state with a lot of ex Northeasterners.

I am not sure she would win all of McCain’s states.

New Mexico is a Southwest version of Oregon.

Her polling amongst Independents is abysmal.
Colorado is a purple state.

Hilts on March 2, 2011 at 6:46 PM

I haven’t read comments here, yet, and didn’t see any tweets observing this, but the Fox tweet referenced Gingrich and Santorum’s 60 day contracts. It seems obvious to me that it’s a timing matter and their contracts were up for renewal and Palin and Huck’s aren’t at the moment but when they are they will be subject to the same non-renewal pending a decision, as Brett Baier implied.

Once again, much ado about apparently nothing.

Cindy Cooper on March 2, 2011 at 6:47 PM

(A.K.A. – Top 25 Rational Palin Cultist)

I would like to know where I rank. Well if I’m even ranked.

chief on March 2, 2011 at 5:54 PM

Sorry, you don’t make the list. The top 25 is filled by Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy, etc.

Hollowpoint on March 2, 2011 at 6:53 PM

Hilts on March 2, 2011 at 6:46 PM

Every state I listed was won by Bush in 2004 other than WI. Do you think they will be less conservative or more conservative after 4 years of Obama?

Kataklysmic on March 2, 2011 at 7:00 PM

sharrukin on March 2, 2011 at 6:44 PM

In all those cases. they outlawed the speech.
the arrested the Nazi’s jailed the communists, and jailed the jahidists. In all cases by driving those fringe groups underground it allowed the hate to grow and they burst out of the boby politic when they were powerful enough to overthr*w their governments. supressin of speech does not work.

You mention the 9/11 truthers. That speech was also shunned and not talked about nor debated which allowed that theory theory to grow under the table until a majority of one party blieved it whole cloth, the same could be said about the biurther movement.

As far a syou contention that the founders would have disapproved. how do you think the revol! got started? The speech and concepts of the american revol*tion were based on speech that the king found offensive and tried to get stomped out.

the same of the abolishinist movement in the south.

History is littered with the failed government who tried to censor speech.

unseen on March 2, 2011 at 7:07 PM

Hilts on March 2, 2011 at 6:46 PM

as a citizen of NC. I can say you have no idea what you are talking about. We just elected a GOp house and senate for the first time since the civil war. Obama’s name is mud in NC except for the black population where he is their god. NC will go red as long as there is a nominee that conservatives can support.

The results in Va also point to the same fact. MacDonaald destroyed the dem opponent. It wasn’t even close.

FL the results of 2010 also show it should not be a problem for any GOP nominee. Whoever it is. CO I think is lost to us. NM is moving towards the GOP…

So you nominate a RINO they lose or make NC, VA battleground states. Fl goes to any GOp nominee, CO is lost and NM seems to be Palin country after her enrodement propeld the then nominee to the Govenerorship…

unseen on March 2, 2011 at 7:13 PM

And now that I’ve read the comments, very tiresome to see once again a couple people adopt a superior tone while stating Palin needs to step out beyond her Fox shelter either ignoring or ignorant of the fact that she does and she has. Impressively, no less. And when this fact is pointed out they go on ignoring it.

If they were ignorant of the fact it has been corrected and unless they acknowledge it their credibility and integrity can rightfully be called into question.

Cindy Cooper on March 2, 2011 at 7:19 PM

I’m a “Palinista”, but it’s disconcerting that among all the study and other preparation she seems to have conducted, she hasn’t learned to lower the pitch of her voice when she gets enthusiastic and energized.

Who is John Galt on March 2, 2011 at 7:22 PM

Wow!..I didn’t know I been on Hot air a Couple of months?..:)

Dire Straits on March 2, 2011 at 7:25 PM

Dire Straits on March 2, 2011 at 7:25 PM

That made me laugh too.

OmahaConservative on March 2, 2011 at 7:27 PM

Consider their contracts. I believe that Newt had been a contributor to Fox News since well before the 2008 election and Rick Santorum was drummed out of office in 2006. Both may have signed a contract with Fox that didn’t specifically address a 2012 Presidential run. I would suspect that both Huckabee and Palin included some wording in their contracts to address such an issue. Just a guess.

ehvogel on March 2, 2011 at 7:28 PM

Wow!..I didn’t know I have been on Hot Air only a couple of months?..:)

Dire Straits on March 2, 2011 at 7:25 PM

Sorry for the typo!..:)

Dire Straits on March 2, 2011 at 7:28 PM

That made me laugh too.

OmahaConservative on March 2, 2011 at 7:27 PM

I’m still laughing..But I did consider the source..:)

Dire Straits on March 2, 2011 at 7:30 PM

Getting to be my bedtime. Will you be there at 3 AM?

OmahaConservative on March 2, 2011 at 7:31 PM

OmahaConservative on March 2, 2011 at 7:31 PM

I hope to be..See you then!..:)

Dire Straits on March 2, 2011 at 7:33 PM

Cindy Cooper on March 2, 2011 at 7:19 PM

Good post. The Palin antagonists cling bitterly to old memes.
They worship the Idols of Francis Bacon, which are the alchemical ingredients of so much biased folly in the search for truth.

Geochelone on March 2, 2011 at 7:33 PM

unseen on March 2, 2011 at 7:13 PM

You alsohad JOhn Edwards as your Senator too atr one point.
It is not uncommon for states taht vote for a Demcoratic or Republican POTUS to elect governors of the oppsite party.

By the way Palin is not the social con you think she is. If by some miracle she wins in 2012 haft the Palin people here will be calling her a RINO within 4 months.

Hilts on March 2, 2011 at 7:34 PM

Not good to type while trying to eat pasta. Typos fixed

unseen on March 2, 2011 at 7:13 PM

You also had John Edwards as your Senator too at one point.
It is not uncommon for states that vote for a Democratic or Republican POTUS to elect governors of the opposite party.

Hilts on March 2, 2011 at 7:34 PM

Hilts on March 2, 2011 at 7:36 PM

Night all. I’ll be back for the 3 AM QOTD.

OmahaConservative on March 2, 2011 at 7:36 PM

OmahaConservative on March 2, 2011 at 7:36 PM

We will leave the light on for you!..:)

Dire Straits on March 2, 2011 at 7:38 PM

Dire Straits on March 2, 2011 at 7:38 PM

Hey Motel 6 owes you a bunch of royalties. They stole that line from you. I would sue. :)

Geochelone on March 2, 2011 at 7:45 PM

Geochelone on March 2, 2011 at 7:45 PM

LOL!..:)..I stole it from GoHawgs!..:)

Dire Straits on March 2, 2011 at 7:47 PM

I’ll be back for the 3 AM phone call.

OmahaConservative on March 2, 2011 at 7:58 PM

I’ll be back for the 3 AM phone call.

OmahaConservative on March 2, 2011 at 7:58 PM

Good deal OC!..:)

Dire Straits on March 2, 2011 at 8:02 PM

Hilts on March 2, 2011 at 7:34 PM

I have never thought her to be a social con. she is a Reaganite.

unseen on March 2, 2011 at 8:04 PM

Hilts on March 2, 2011 at 7:34 PM

doubt it

but I could believe that the commie pouts of congress might blow town when their castle is dismantled

Sonosam on March 2, 2011 at 8:43 PM

Inconvenient facts?
You point out that she had 90% favorability ratings in AK at one point. Do you deny that she has nationwide approval ratings in the dumps currently?

Abby Adams on March 2, 2011 at 4:55 PM

Do you not understand or recognize that polls change? They go up… they go down?

Sure you do. You used the word “currently.”

Yes. Her poll numbers aren’t great “currently.”

And what could change that? Perhaps becoming an actual candidate, rather than a presumptive one? Perhaps having an actual campaign? Perhaps presenting herself to the people so they can see the media lies for what they are?

Two years ago, Obama was practically a god and now? Not so much. And that’s after the endless slobbering and propping up from our press.

Polls change.

But then that’s why I don’t really follow polls.

I follow leaders.

powerpro on March 2, 2011 at 9:03 PM

Polls change.

But then that’s why I don’t really follow polls.

I follow leaders.

powerpro on March 2, 2011 at 9:03 PM

I have come to see polls not has a means to guage public opinion but as a means to shape it. the polls put out by the “pollsters” on the WI issue is a case study of what it means for the pollsters to try to shape public opinion. they oversampled union members undersampled reps and then present the results as a simplt fact that no one like what Walker is doing.

they have done the same with Palin. At this point are the polls correct or not? I have no idea if they are still shaping public opinion of if they are simply reporting the results of their previous efforts to shape that opinion.

unseen on March 2, 2011 at 9:12 PM

I dunno who “Hilts” is nor do I care, but he sure reads as if he was Anthony Weiner. He has a knack for trying to derail and annoy Megyn Kelly.

This time Megyn had the last laugh, but she doesn’t like to be talked over; she has a cut-and-dry interview style and discipline. Sean Hannity does over a LOT and so does O’Reilly, and it annoys the heck outta me.

I believe that FOX was right about letting them off the hook or whatever you all wanna call it. Other alphabet networks may not care about a D candidate on TV with free air-time to campaign, but it just doesn’t look good.

Newt has danced and toyed with the idea whenever he’s asked and now he leans towards a yes. Santorum has traveled extensively to Iowa, and I don’t know if he still does. Newt would be attacked on his past-personal and professional- while Santorum might be attacked on experience, or lack thereof. What does Santorum bring to the kitchen table?

The other possible newcomers, i.e. Cain, are barely mentioned and Col. Allen West is warming up his seat, just like Rubio. Rubio should and must be left alone. Perhaps is the Latina in me that feels a bit protective of him, but he’s a Cuban and for whatever reason Cubans and my family have butted heads in the past.

Rubio must be left alone also because there’s enough race warfare going on. It’s useless, pointless to bring further race division in this country. Things are way dangerous as they are right now.

ProudPalinFan on March 2, 2011 at 9:53 PM

When all else fails, attack someone’s username. Brilliant/

And for the record, my username was my dogs name that I had to put down less than 2 weeks ago.

Go for it.

Knucklehead on March 2, 2011 at 5:09 PM

DAMN! I hate that! Drudge had a story of an euthanized puppy, 3-month old that came back after he crossed the Rainbor Bridge in 24 hours. Now there’s hundreds of people wanting him to have a home.

Too bad the others didn’t have the same luck (same litter).

Get a Great Pyrenees. If you’re as tough as nails as you display here, that breed will be great for you.

ProudPalinFan on March 2, 2011 at 10:12 PM

Definitely a troll. No disputing that whatsoever.

True_King on March 2, 2011 at 6:46 PM

You have no business calling ANYONE a troll.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 2, 2011 at 11:01 PM

CCRWM on March 2, 2011 at 6:42 PM

I just got home from choir practice.

I promised you an answer.
I was born in Iowa but raised in Illinois. I’m a down-to earth Midwestern girl. Pawlenty is a down-to- earth Midwesterner as well. Listening to him a hear a principled conservative who is wonky-rather than showy. I hear a gentleman who can owe-up when he screws-up. I hear a man who was elected twice in a blue state. I hear a leader.
I’m more comfortable with the style/personality of a Tim Pawlenty than I am with larger-than-life Sarah Palin.
If T-Paw drops out I will enthusiastically support SP!

annoyinglittletwerp on March 2, 2011 at 11:11 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on March 2, 2011 at 11:11 PM

Okay ai get that you are comfortable with him but what would you say is His best accomplisment and worst fiasco?

I think AGIA because it would really have helped the lower 48 with energy prices and availabilty is Palin’s gest accomplisnment and letting McCain’s people mishandle her almost to the point of ruin was her biggest fiasco especially since she had run such a great campaign for Govenor…

CCRWM on March 2, 2011 at 11:21 PM

I think AGIA, because it would really have helped the lower 48 with energy prices and availabilty, is Palin’s best accomplisnment and letting McCain’s people mishandle her, almost to the point of ruin, was her biggest fiasco especially since she had run such a great campaign for Govenor…

CCRWM on March 2, 2011 at 11:21 PM