Oscar preferences: Who should win?

posted at 10:30 am on February 27, 2011 by Patrick Ishmael

Just the main categories. Results will be released ASAP.

This post was promoted from GreenRoom to HotAir.com.
To see the comments on the original post, look here.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Inception or True Grit should win Best Picture. End of story.

Cubachi on February 27, 2011 at 12:35 PM

Please don’t tell me any of you actually watch these awards.

CWforFreedom on February 27, 2011 at 12:38 PM

“Old Man’s War” was recently sold for movie rights, now if they don’t eff that up it will be great; the book was phenomenal.

Bishop on February 27, 2011 at 12:33 PM

I thuink you might like the new True Grit.

hawkdriver on February 27, 2011 at 12:44 PM

I also “think” it..

hawkdriver on February 27, 2011 at 12:45 PM

Can I vote if I only saw Inception and Toy Story 3? I have not seen any of the other films and only heard of most of them here and now…

CCRWM on February 27, 2011 at 12:45 PM

CCRWM on February 27, 2011 at 12:45 PM

Absolutely.

Patrick Ishmael on February 27, 2011 at 12:49 PM

Knucklehead on February 27, 2011 at 12:19 PM

I saw the trailer for that at the theater on Friday. I’ll have to get the book. I don’t know why but the preview gave a “The Green Mile” vibe. Maybe because it is going to be told in flashbacks. It looked to be beautifully filmed though.

Cindy Munford on February 27, 2011 at 12:55 PM

CCRWM on February 27, 2011 at 12:45 PM

No different than voting for Obama without knowing a damned thing about him…other than he’s black.

SKYFOX on February 27, 2011 at 12:55 PM

FWIW, while you don’t have to give a hoot about Hollywood, I do think that you can root for a film to win simply because it will encourage films like it to be made. So, a True Grit win would confirm that the Western is not dead (one of my favorite genres.) Inception is ridiculously well put together and very unique; it’s a successful non-sequel that deserves praise. The Fighter’s gritty and real. Winter’s Bone is the same way. The Social Network is a generational critique, and Toy Story 3 is just fun. (Haven’t seen the others.)

So, sure, you don’t have to love Hollywood culture or even bother watching the ceremonies, but there are reasons to root for someone.

Also if you’re a movie lover, check out PJTV’s Poliwood with Lionel Chetwynd and Roger Simon. You don’t have to agree with Hollywood to love cinema.

Patrick Ishmael on February 27, 2011 at 12:56 PM

CWforFreedom on February 27, 2011 at 12:38 PM

In true chick fashion, I am only interested in the dresses they wear. I’ll see pictures tomorrow. You know some doofus is going to have to do a shout out for the unions and Wisconsin.

Cindy Munford on February 27, 2011 at 12:57 PM

Aw jeez not this crap again.

Coronagold on February 27, 2011 at 1:01 PM

Cindy Munford on February 27, 2011 at 12:55 PM

The book was told in flashbacks Cindy, which was why it was so great because the author managed to pull it together so well. It was definitely one of the best books I’ve ever read and it will never leave my bookshelf.

Water for Elephants.

Knucklehead on February 27, 2011 at 1:15 PM

While I think King’s Speech is a true “Best Picture,” I secretly (well, not so secretly anymore) hope that Toy Story 3 wins. That movie is just a treasure. I cared more about those computer generated images than I care about all of Hollywood’s “real” people.

Pablo Snooze on February 27, 2011 at 1:17 PM

The only movie on the top ten listed that has a hard left Progressive message is “The Kids are All Right”…so you can guess who will probably win. In the real world, “The King’s Speech” should win but I am a little biased since my son is a stutterer. It is truly an uncomfortable but inspiring film for my family.

d1carter on February 27, 2011 at 1:21 PM

When I first moved to the LA area in 1983, I was astounded at how the whole city gets wrapped up in the whole Hollywood phenomenon. You know you have fallen into the looking glass when even the local news has hollywood segments about what star so and so is up to. Jeepers. Then when the award season begins, the whole area is totally absorbed in all of the ancillary award dinners, etc. that go on over and above what we see on tv. The people who are in the industry in the LA area have no concept of what a regular American life is like. They are so insulated in their own world. They have no concept at how flyover country may go watch their movies, but don’t obsess about them 24/7, and also don’t really give a flying flip who WINS at these award shows.

I remember when George C Scott sent that native American to decline his Oscar and gave that political speech about oppression and was openly booed from the audience. However, that broke the ice about using the show as a forum for the popular concern of the day and giving a political speech from the podium. Even the writers for the award show are now taking their cheap political shots.

I quit watching these shows years and years ago, and now I don’t even bother to find out who wins an award. I rarely even see these movies anymore. I once in a while will do a pay per view at home. I miss the movie theater popcorn more than I miss going to the actual movie itself in the theater. I recently bought one of those popcorn makers to have my own movie theater popcorn without having to actually go to the movies now.

karenhasfreedom on February 27, 2011 at 1:22 PM

(un) real(ity) tv at its finest.

CWforFreedom on February 27, 2011 at 1:28 PM

karenhasfreedom on February 27, 2011 at 1:22 PM

To complete the experience put gum on the bottom of one shoe, sugary soda pop under the other and have some crying infant sit right behind you.

SKYFOX on February 27, 2011 at 1:30 PM

“The King’s Speech” was one of the few grown up films I’ve seen in the last few years.

And note: “grown up” is not synonymous with “adult themes”.

PackerBronco on February 27, 2011 at 1:33 PM

SKYFOX on February 27, 2011 at 12:55 PM

He’s black? (ala Blinkin from “Robin Hood: Men in Tights”)

thebrokenrattle on February 27, 2011 at 1:38 PM

Why aren’t Clark Gable and Carole Lombard up for the big award this year? I thought they were really good in “No Man of Her Own.” I guess that picture wasn’t in wide enough release last year? I just saw it at my local bijou way out here in the styx. It’s really fun going to see films there, now that they’ve added sound.

FlameWarrior on February 27, 2011 at 1:40 PM

tickleddragon on February 27, 2011 at 12:35 PM

Do you still work in the industry?

rrpjr on February 27, 2011 at 1:40 PM

The King’s Speech, hands down. None of the others were nearly as great, good, and enjoyable. Even with the mis-cast roles of Churchill and Wallace Simpson, the film is a gem, a classic that will endure. Kinda like Clark Gable and Carole Lombard, @Flame. ;)

DINORight on February 27, 2011 at 1:49 PM

Oscar Mayer‘s got my vote.

hillbillyjim on February 27, 2011 at 2:03 PM

Is Mark Wahlberg a conservative?

It seems that everyone connected to The Fighter was nominated and he did an excellent job.

darwin-t on February 27, 2011 at 2:11 PM

DINORight on February 27, 2011 at 1:49 PM

Did you check out Christopher Hitchen’s dissection of “The King’s Speech” as anti-historical garbage? I appreciated the values of the movie and thought it beautifully produced but found it a little precious. In the end, I guess I don’t really care about kings and royalty or their problems.

I thought “True Grit” was the most unintentionally, subversively “conservative” movie in a generation. By “conservative” I really mean “American.” I don’t think the Coen Brothers meant this, but the film is redolent with a folklore image of American virtue, values and ideals grounded in an everyday and “gritty” context like nothing I’ve seen. The lead female character, a 14-year-old girl is honest, tough, practical, level-headed, shrewd, courageous, modest, loyal and compassionate. She is an operative Christian completely without piety or self-righteousness — a Hollywood shock of the first order. Matt Damon is splendid as a lovably noble knight-errant of the old West. This movie is a total freak for Hollywood. It will only win one award though — cinematography. The King’s Speech will clean up, I expect.

rrpjr on February 27, 2011 at 2:16 PM

“Water for Elephants”

Such a fabulous book, I sure hope they don’t screw up the movie. It’s been on the New York Times best seller list for a long, long time. If you haven’t read it, do so. It’s story telling at its finest.

Knucklehead on February 27, 2011 at 12:19 PM

I loved that book. At times, it reminded me of an excerpt from Thomas Wolfe’s Look Homeward. Angel, called “Circus at Dawn” in my students’ literature book.

I thought that Colin Firth did an excellent job in portraying the frustration and repressed anger that his character, Bertie, grappled with in overcoming the stuttering. The fellow who played his speech “coach” was excellent, too. The conflict of class barriers was well done, as was the swallowing of pride as the characters reached out to each other.

I have to agree with Hitchens re the poor representation of Churchill, not just historically but theatrically.

onlineanalyst on February 27, 2011 at 3:00 PM

You guys are freakin gay… And not in the okay way that involves homosexual sex, but in the bad “ghey” way that means you are weenies and need to get a thumpin’.

‘The Kings Speech” was okay at best, and sucked in a lot of ways. Smalzey period piece that tried to put waaaaaaay too much emotion in a mediocre story. Kind of like “Steven Speilberg and Merchant Ivory had a retarded baby that stuttered.

Rush was okay, but I’ve seen that character a million times. Firth played Firth on day when his hemmorhoids were flaring….

Of all the nominees this was only moderately better than “The Kids are Alright”, which is actually a better picture, but a weaker story.

Seriously guys…. I hope none of you ever get laid.

Kasper Hauser on February 27, 2011 at 3:07 PM

Water for Elephants.

Knucklehead on February 27, 2011 at 1:15 PM

Did you like The Kite Runner or The House of Sand and Fog? Both of them, too, stayed with me because of their excellent story-telling and memorable characters. In the latter, the characters continue a wholly avoidable downward spiral because of stupid choices. The reader just wants to shake some common sense into them.

onlineanalyst on February 27, 2011 at 3:09 PM

Actually, it was Marlon Brando who sent Sacheen Littlefeather to the awards ceremony to pick up his expected Oscar for The Godfather (the siege at Wounded Knee was going on at the time). He had written a very long speech for her to deliver, but Academy officials threatened to have her physically removed from the stage if she went over the 60 seconds allotted time. It was this stunt that was responsible for the rule prohibiting proxy acceptance of awards.

Although it’s a movie about a family headed by two lesbians, I’m not sure The Kids Are All Right delivers a “hard left Progressive” message. In fact, more than a few hard, left progressives have some problems with what they perceive as the film’s “message.”

I haven’t watched the Oscars in probably 10 years. May the most deserving win!

SukieTawdry on February 27, 2011 at 3:12 PM

I vote for …

… the envelope please …

… drum roll …

… I vote for …

“Who gives a rat’s azz?”

Tony737 on February 27, 2011 at 3:16 PM

Actually most of the movies nominated this year celebrated good values. Self-reliance, perseverance, loyalty, family, friendship, sacrifice……even “The Kid’s are Alright”,

(I did not see 127 hours or The Black Swan).

You are still teh gehy if you though The King’s Speech was the best movie though….

Kasper Hauser on February 27, 2011 at 3:16 PM

At this point I don’t care about the Oscars.

Obama has been found in contempt of court for arbitrarily and capriciously taking away the homes and livelihoods of Gulf Coast residents by making American oil in the Gulf ILLEGALLY off-limits.

The news stories in the local paper go on at length about the price run-up due to Middle-Eaqst turmoil, but assiduously avoid any mention of the Obama “Permitorium.”

I am visiting California for some surgery and the new wife of an old family friend laughed in my face last night when I said that Obama had shut off U.S. oil.

She said that she had never heard of the “Moratorium,” asked me what it was, and then said it wasn’t Obama’s fault.

I explained that no deep-water permits have been issued since April 2010, and that old wells play out, and it all went over her head.

Her daughter goes to college in San Francisco.

Her new husband was subtly waving his hands at me to stop beacuse she is an ObamaBot. He is apolitical but likes his money and so hates Obama.

I have not been to a movie since Clint Eastwood’s “Gran Torino.”

I would like to go see “True Grit.”

I am wearing a camouflage jacket and hat here in California and people are reacting funny.

Went to buy beer last night and he checker finished up a long, foppish, conversation with the prior customer-

Asked me for ID – I definitely look over 21 – I ignored him and went to pull out my money (intending to give him the ID in a second) and he mumbled and overrode the ID flag.

I think it was the camo. People here in California, looking at me so far, have sort of stayed out of my way.

This is normal dress in south Louisiana, but it’s interesting to see how it plays in southern California.

cane_loader on February 27, 2011 at 3:24 PM

Don’t care.

Hollywood giving awards to Hollywood for doing their jobs is simple self-gratification.

Don’t care. About any of it.

heldmyw on February 27, 2011 at 3:28 PM

I would be curious if any of you (without giving away obvious spoilers – I haven’t seen “True Grit” since I was a kid and actually have forgotten the plot!) – could share what you thought of the remake?

cane_loader on February 27, 2011 at 3:34 PM

I voted straight ‘King’s Speech’ because it had me- one of the resident autistics-tearing up in the end. Films NEVER have that effect on me. I loved everything about it.
It also had some dialogue that I’m embracing as my own.

Bertie: You’re peculiar.
Logue: I take that as a compliment.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 27, 2011 at 3:38 PM

Are we being invaded by biometrric androids?

Just looking at the picture is all….

percysunshine on February 27, 2011 at 3:52 PM

The only one I’ve seen is Inception, so, uh, sure, yeah, Inception for best film.

{shrugs}

Most of my film collection is from the ’70s on back, so I’m always lost when they talk about these here new-fangled movies. LOL. I may see most of them over the next 5 years.

Dr. ZhivBlago on February 27, 2011 at 4:08 PM

Cindy Munford on February 27, 2011 at 12:57 PM

You posted the comment I was going to make – what’s the over/under on Wisconsin references? I’m sure that will be the fashionable thing this year – supporting the Wisconsin union thugs.

The forecast is for cold weather in LA today – hope they enjoy their global warming as they get out their Prius’ onto the red carpet.

PatMac on February 27, 2011 at 4:13 PM

Look at Iron Man. That movie portrayed the US/private industry in a good light. It was a huge hit. The Fighter isn’t some propaganda piece, and neither was True Grit.

Saving Private Ryan, Black Hawk Down, and a whole plethora of others portray our military in a good light. Not every movie is some piece of propaganda.

blatantblue on February 27, 2011 at 11:10 AM

I said 95% of movies are liberal propaganda. You’ve listed some of the the 5% that aren’t.

angryed on February 27, 2011 at 4:18 PM

onlineanalyst on February 27, 2011 at 3:09 PM

I loved both of those books, as well as A Thousand Splendid Suns written by the same author as The Kite Runner. If you haven’t read that one, do so, I felt it’s characters even more powerful than those in The Kite Runner.

I’m a voracious reader and two other excellent character driven books are The Book Thief and City of Thieves

Both excellent reads.

Knucklehead on February 27, 2011 at 4:20 PM

Cindy Munford on February 27, 2011 at 12:57 PM

I watch to see which actresses dress classy-and which ones dress like two-bit w***s.
There’s sure to be more of the latter than the former.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 27, 2011 at 4:24 PM

Do you still work in the industry?

rrpjr on February 27, 2011 at 1:40 PM

Never actually worked IN it. I wrote, and did a stint as a movie reviewer for a local paper, but fell out with Hollyweird before actually working IN it. Instead, I found a sweeter gig with an international networking company.

They say everything happens for a reason. :)

tickleddragon on February 27, 2011 at 4:27 PM

“Water for Elephants”

Knucklehead on February 27, 2011 at 12:19 PM

Agreed. Great book. Don’t know how goo the movie will be with Legally Blonde and Vampire dude in the starring roles though.

angryed on February 27, 2011 at 4:31 PM

Knucklehead on February 27, 2011 at 4:20 PM

Thanks for the recommendations. Like you, I am a junkie for a good book. If I don’t have another available when I finish one, I have to go to HotAir for my thrills. LOL

onlineanalyst on February 27, 2011 at 4:43 PM

I just saw Winter’s Bone last night. Surprisingly interesting. It probably won’t win anything but it was really quite good.

Fallon on February 27, 2011 at 4:57 PM

blatantblue on February 27, 2011 at 11:10 AM

Saving Private Ryan’s probably the last movie I saw in a theater and actually paid to see it twice. When it lost the Oscar to Shakespeare in Love, I finally realized how f’ed up these people really are.

PatMac on February 27, 2011 at 5:10 PM

karenhasfreedom on February 27, 2011 at 1:22 PM

George C. Scott refused his 1970 award for the title role in ‘Patton: Lust For Glory’ because he detested the actual character of the man he had portrayed (although he had also stated in 1961 that he would never accept an Oscar award) decrying the competition of awards shows.

Marlon Brando refused his 1972 award for the title role in ‘The Godfather’ as a means of publicizing the cause of Native American Indians. In order to protest Hollywood’s (and America’s) poor treatment of Native Americans, Brando sent a woman who called herself Sacheen Littlefeather to make a ‘refusal speech’ on his behalf.

In true Hollywood fashion, she was later revealed as not a true Native American but just an actress playing the part of one.

Fallon on February 27, 2011 at 5:11 PM

Did I mention that “The King’s Speech” sucked?

I did, didn’t I?

Kasper Hauser on February 27, 2011 at 5:12 PM

SukieTawdry on February 27, 2011 at 3:12 PM

Oops, I didn’t see your post. Sorry.

Fallon on February 27, 2011 at 5:13 PM

Did I mention that “The King’s Speech” sucked?

I did, didn’t I?

Kasper Hauser on February 27, 2011 at 5:12 PM

It most certainly did NOT suck.
As I commented earlier-a film that can move someone on the autistic -spectrum to tears…is a GREAT film.
Geoffrey Rush was absolutely PERFECT!

annoyinglittletwerp on February 27, 2011 at 5:17 PM

onlineanalyst on February 27, 2011 at 4:43 PM

Well if you find a good one and see me in a thread, just go OT and give me the name of the book. Oh yeah, did you know that Erik Larson (The Devil and the White Cityhas a new book coming out in May?

I can’t wait!!!

Knucklehead on February 27, 2011 at 5:38 PM

Now that little Bammie is running the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, has Hollyood stopped making anti-American war movies?

slickwillie2001 on February 27, 2011 at 5:42 PM

I can’t wait!!!

Knucklehead on February 27, 2011 at 5:38 PM

Have you read Larson’s ‘Isaac’s Storm’-which is about the Galveston Hurricane of 1900. Great read-and I also own ‘Devil’.
Look’s like I’ll be getting a new book May.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 27, 2011 at 5:55 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on February 27, 2011 at 5:55 PM

Read all of his books, including Isaac’s Storm and Thunderstruck

Knucklehead on February 27, 2011 at 5:58 PM

Best Picture = Inception

Hera on February 27, 2011 at 5:58 PM

Read all of his books, including Isaac’s Storm and Thunderstruck

Knucklehead on February 27, 2011 at 5:58 PM

I don’t have Thunderstruck. I’ll add it to my list.
Actually, the husband says there’s a nice Barnes and Noble in Lubbock. I’ll pick it up then so we don’t have to move it.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 27, 2011 at 6:12 PM

angryed on February 27, 2011 at 4:18 PM

Hey.
95 percent aren’t.

blatantblue on February 27, 2011 at 6:29 PM

95 percent aren’t.

blatantblue on February 27, 2011 at 6:29 PM

misspoke
rather, your number is inaccurate

blatantblue on February 27, 2011 at 6:40 PM

I predict Christian Bale will win an Oscar for his performance as a spoiled-rotten, insufferable, megalomaniacal ***hole who treats other people like dirt.

I further predict that tonight’s show will be an insufferable pro-union rally with purple SEIU ribbons or something similar, and lots of Hollywood idjuts talking about workers “rights”.

DARE anyone to drink anytime someone mentions unions!

American Elephant on February 27, 2011 at 6:53 PM

We’re seeing a proliferation of pop-garbage like this on HotAir. Can we leave the Lindsey Lowbrow stuff to Huffblow, or is that risking too many eyeballs?

Western_Civ on February 27, 2011 at 6:53 PM

Oh, and Helena Bonham Carter SHOULD win for making me forget that she’s really Bellatrix Lestrange.

American Elephant on February 27, 2011 at 6:53 PM

Okay, maybe “sucked” was a bit harsh, but it is very mediocre film. The fact that it moved anyone to tears is less a demonstration of it’s quality as much a demonstration of it’s Speilberg-ish manipulation of emotion through fake imagary and tricks.

Kasper Hauser on February 27, 2011 at 6:54 PM

OT:..Jeff Gordon won the NASCAR Sprint Cup race at Phoenix AZ today..:)

Dire Straits on February 27, 2011 at 7:02 PM

King’s Speech is horrendously overrated. It was a mediocre feel good film, nothing more. If you want moving and truly inspirational, go see 127 hours. The last 20 minutes were exhilarating in a way I haven’t experienced in years. It’s an on on your feet ending.

kit9 on February 27, 2011 at 7:02 PM

Inception/Nolan

Best of all categories, imo.

YoungAmerican on February 27, 2011 at 7:07 PM

Inception sucks.

John the Libertarian on February 27, 2011 at 7:09 PM

no, King’s Speech is not overrated. It is about history; about overcoming adversity (George VI & Britain during Battle of Britain & WWII); the value of friends oddly gained & it is not about aliens or hookers or crack addicts.

kelley in virginia on February 27, 2011 at 7:11 PM

Inception gave me a headache. If I wanted to think that much, I would have read a law book.

kelley in virginia on February 27, 2011 at 7:12 PM

John the Libertarian on February 27, 2011 at 7:09 PM

What is your opinion on King’s Speech?..:)

Dire Straits on February 27, 2011 at 7:16 PM

Repeat-horrendously overrated. Just because it’s ‘about history’
doesn’t make it a great film.

kit9 on February 27, 2011 at 7:18 PM

What is your opinion on King’s Speech?..:)

Dire Straits on February 27, 2011 at 7:16 PM

Perfect Oscar material. Non-offensive, historical and fantastic acting. I liked it because I was able to identify and commiserate with a prince of England… when he stammered, I suffered. I could feel the claustrophobia of his circumstances.

But I personally liked True Grit the best.

I was laughing at Inception almost 5 minutes into it. For crying out loud, 45 minutes into the movie and they were still relying heavily on expository dialogue to explain the physics of this cheap-man’s Matrix, and an hour in they were making crap up as they went along in order to blow things up.

John the Libertarian on February 27, 2011 at 7:22 PM

John the Libertarian on February 27, 2011 at 7:22 PM

Thanks!..I think Rush is a very good actor!..:)

Dire Straits on February 27, 2011 at 7:31 PM

True Grit == Best Picture

I went to see it twice in the cinema which I don’t normally do. Might go see it again.

Christopher Bale for Best Supporting Actor.

aengus on February 27, 2011 at 7:34 PM

Thanks!..I think Rush is a very good actor!..:)

Dire Straits on February 27, 2011 at 7:31 PM

Since seeing King’s Speech I’ve developed a crush on Rush.
Yeah-he’s old enough to have a 40 year old daughter-so what. LoL

annoyinglittletwerp on February 27, 2011 at 7:39 PM

I guess this is as close to an “Open Thread” for the Oscars that we can get…

… So I invite everyone to join me in my new drinking game.

Use your remote and switch back and forth between ABC and the E! Network…

… and play:

“Who are you wearing…?”

Seven Percent Solution on February 27, 2011 at 7:42 PM

If you want to read a great script – The King’s Speech -

here you are.

My favorite line – the answer to the question,
“What are friends for?”

fred5678 on February 27, 2011 at 7:47 PM

Enjoy your head while it’s still connected.

Now whether it’s functioning is another story.

katy on February 27, 2011 at 11:57 AM

Why was Portman so bad in Star Wars and so good in Black Swan? I wonder its like….OMG!!!! Muslim terrorists just came in and cut off George Lucas’ head!!! OMG, that’s like….bad isn’t it? Here hold the wee baby Shamus for me, I have to track down a sleeper cell in West Texas….brb

JP1986UM on February 27, 2011 at 7:47 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on February 27, 2011 at 7:39 PM

LOL!..I thought he was great in Pirates of the Carribean..:)

Dire Straits on February 27, 2011 at 7:50 PM

Seven Percent Solution on February 27, 2011 at 7:42 PM

ROFL!..You could get alcohol poisioning from doing that!..:)

Dire Straits on February 27, 2011 at 7:51 PM

LOL!..I thought he was great in Pirates of the Carribean..:)

Dire Straits on February 27, 2011 at 7:50 PM

He was.
He’s also one of a few actors to have been awarded the acting ‘Triple crown’-an Emmy, a Tony, and an Oscar.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 27, 2011 at 7:56 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on February 27, 2011 at 7:56 PM

I’ll agree he is very talented..:)

Dire Straits on February 27, 2011 at 8:01 PM

“The King’s Speech” is to great movies as Gallagher is to great comedy.

Also, it is NOT about history…

Kasper Hauser on February 27, 2011 at 8:03 PM

Can’t say that I’m the least bit interested…

lynncgb on February 27, 2011 at 8:06 PM

Do

not

care

at

all.

dissent555 on February 27, 2011 at 8:12 PM

Cindy Munford on February 27, 2011 at 12:57 PM

I would put money on that one. Good call.

Geochelone on February 27, 2011 at 8:21 PM

liberals anointing liberals for work doing liberal sh!t. and we care???

ted c on February 27, 2011 at 8:22 PM

God Bless Kirk Douglass…

… but that was really tough to watch.

Good thing I changed my drinking game to:

“What else is on tonight?”

Seven Percent Solution on February 27, 2011 at 8:54 PM

That was freaking excruciating. WHY in the world would they have him on? Those poor women-having to wait and he just would not shut up.

kit9 on February 27, 2011 at 9:02 PM

Funny. The fact that the only one of the nominated films I’ve even seen is Toy Story 3 will help to identify me as a father of 3 youngens, won’t it?!

Since basing my votes on certain actors’ work in other films I’ve seen wouldn’t be fair. Neither would which actress is prettiest be fair (or easy this year – so many pretty ones to choose from). Hence, I must abstain.

Woody, Buzz and the rest of the Toys, forever!

kscheuller on February 27, 2011 at 9:27 PM

How To Train Your Dragon didn’t win??? RIPOFF! BTW I stepped back from the TV b/c acceptance speeches are waaayy off long. And why James Franco was in drag?

ProudPalinFan on February 27, 2011 at 9:36 PM

I stopped following the Oscars when ” Dumb and Dumber” did not get any nomination.

bayview on February 27, 2011 at 9:45 PM

Betty Davis.

Key West Reader on February 27, 2011 at 9:46 PM

King’s Speech ought to win everthing it’s up for. But it has to at least win Best Picture and Mr. Darcy Colin Firth absolutely has to win Best Actor. I’ve loved him since I saw him in Pride and Prejudice.

Tangled ought to win something, too.

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on February 27, 2011 at 9:47 PM

I thought Kirk Douglas was hilarious and everyone there seemed to enjoy seeing him.

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on February 27, 2011 at 9:48 PM

Betty Davis.

Key West Reader on February 27, 2011 at 9:46 PM

She went the way of Michelle Antoinette Obama. When we read the news 10 years from now.

Key West Reader on February 27, 2011 at 9:52 PM

Tangled ought to win something, too.

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on February 27, 2011 at 9:47 PM

I REALLY wanted Geoffrey Rush to win Best Supporting-but since he already has a ‘Golden Boy’-I knew he wouldn’t win.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 27, 2011 at 9:54 PM

kelley in virginia on February 27, 2011 at 7:12 PM

Or, you could read the 24 page Donald Duck comic book the entire plot was lifted from. Still a fun movie, though.

DrAllecon on February 27, 2011 at 9:55 PM

Why did WE see Obama’s mug right now? Gee on Sundays too? asfal;sjdfoasejfr owhefoashdof *sorry had a mini-meltdown*

ProudPalinFan on February 27, 2011 at 10:04 PM

UGH! Cannot get away from this jerk! Hollywood isn’t satisified having him as POTUS, they have to inject him here, too.

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on February 27, 2011 at 10:07 PM

Oh, and not only did they invite him, but the jerk said yes. UGH.

-Aslan’s Girl