Videos: Another union-activist assault, and protester tells dissenter “You are a bad Jew!”

posted at 12:55 pm on February 24, 2011 by Ed Morrissey

Oh, the irony in this clip, on which our Green Room contributor Lori Ziganto has already commented. Why, pray tell, is this counter-protester a “bad Jew” in the estimation of this activist from the Communication Workers of America? Because he’s not, er, healing the world.  No, seriously:

Note that this exchange started with a union activist implying that the counterprotesters were racists because of a supposed lack of diversity.  Given this incident yesterday, the expropriation of the Holocaust by union protesters in Madison, and the response above, this appears to be a case of projection at best.

Speaking of which, will the Left rise as one to denounce the inherent bigotry and violence of union protests as demonstrated in this video from the Boss Emeritus?  Please note the de rigeur Official Content Warning as a protester calls a public-access reporter a “faggot” and then curiously offers to “f**k you in the ass,” which also appears to be a case of projection.  The fun assault starts at 7:32 in the clip:

Union activists — they can shut down state legislatures, hijack public policy, explain Nazi history as entirely a union-opposition movement, assault people on the street, and can give a qualitative estimation of Jewishness in an instant.  Is there anything they can’t do?  Well, except for that whole healing-the-world thing, of course.

I think that Jim Geraghty underestimated the irony value of these union protests.  It goes way beyond 1.21 gigawatts.

Update: Be sure to read this post by my friend John Hinderaker at Power Line at the unhinged attacks on the Koch brothers as well.  A sample:

A day doesn’t go by–hardly an hour goes by–without some new attack being launched against these two lonely libertarians.

Why? Simply because they are rich–their company is one of the best-run and most successful in the world–and conservative. The Left is trying to drive them out of politics and, more important, to deter any other people of means from daring to support conservative politicians or causes.

Understand, the Left has nothing against rich people participating in politics. Most rich people who are politically active are liberals, and the Democratic Party gets much more of its support from the wealthy than the GOP. George Soros is only the most famous of a battalion of sugar daddies who fund every left-wing cause. But the Left wants a monopoly. They want wealthy people to be barred from political participation unless they toe the liberal line. Hence their increasingly vicious attacks on the Koch brothers; they are trying to make an example of them.

John has plenty more, so RTWT.

Update II: Two quick points about the second video.  The union protester is alleged to have shoved the cameraman, although some in the comments say they can’t see that here.  Check Michelle’s blog for more details.  Second, the legal definition of assault is the credible threat of violence; if fulfilled, it becomes assault and battery.  Telling a reporter to leave or “I’ll f*** you in the ass” is assault all on its own.  Almost twenty years ago, I testified in a misdemeanor assault trial in a case with no physical contact between the perpetrator and the victim, and the defendant was convicted of the charge.

You are not allowed to physically contact someone else, nor threaten to do so, with the intent to do harm, unless you’re acting in self-defense.

Update III: I’ve been apprised of a factual error made in two posts today.  It was not 1.2 gigawatts in Back to the Future, it was 1.21 gigawatts.  The fact that I’ve gotten this correction from multiple sources tells me one thing … you’re my kind of people.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Update III: I’ve been apprised of a factual error made in two posts today. It was not 1.2 gigawatts in Back to the Future, it was 1.21 gigawatts. The fact that I’ve gotten this correction from multiple sources tells me one thing … you’re my kind of people.

You know something that always bugged me? Doc Brown pronounces it “jigawatts”, while all the physicist and computer scientists I know would use a hard initial ‘g’.

Count to 10 on February 24, 2011 at 3:35 PM

Count to 10 on February 24, 2011 at 3:35 PM

Also, he pronounced it “one point twenty-one” instead of “one point two one.”

fossten on February 24, 2011 at 3:49 PM

Count to 10 on February 24, 2011 at 3:35 PM

Also, he pronounced it “one point twenty-one” instead of “one point two one.”

fossten on February 24, 2011 at 3:49 PM

Killer nerditude. Kudos.

alwaysfiredup on February 24, 2011 at 3:54 PM

I always knew that I wasn’t a terribly good Catholic at all, by virtue of being totally unobservant.

I guess now I’m a bad Jew too, by dint of my political outlook? Is that kinda like having dual nationality? Maybe I could get an emigration visa to Israel on the basis of being a bad Jew? Or do they only take good Jews? Inquiring minds want to know.

quikstrike98 on February 24, 2011 at 1:09 PM

I wish that leftist twit had met my dad-my Jewish, conservative Anti-Union…STATE EMPLOYEE(IL) dad.

His …way with words…would have left her crying for her union rep.
Btw: I KNEW my parents were ‘bad Jews’…because my leftist Hebrew school teachers never let me forget it.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 24, 2011 at 3:57 PM

Gawd, those are vile people…

CliffHanger on February 24, 2011 at 4:09 PM

Most of the younger vets I know are quickly abandoning their Bush-era politics and moving towards the left. Progressivism always triumphs.

bifidis on February 24, 2011 at 1:48 PM

Of course, these “young vets” you know would be happy to see these “progressives” and how they “support” the troops.

..by the way, my son is a young vet who would gladly dispute your absurd comments. I can’t believe there actually people like you still left in this country.

norm1111 on February 24, 2011 at 4:13 PM

Count to 10 on February 24, 2011 at 3:35 PM

Yeah, that distinction bugs me everytime I see it written with a hard ‘g’ – my brains wants to see it written with a ‘j’, hehe.

Midas on February 24, 2011 at 4:35 PM

norm1111 on February 24, 2011 at 4:13 PM

bifullofbs must have missed the Kathy Griffin USO tour reaction from our young Warfighters.

Roy Rogers on February 24, 2011 at 4:38 PM

In the sense that the Sturmabteilung were bareknuckled, beer-hall brawlers, well, I guess I can see a strained analogy. ‘Course, many of them were murdered when the middle-class Nazis took over.

bifidis on February 24, 2011 at 1:32 PM

Interestingly, many of the SA had Leftist leanings.

Dr. ZhivBlago on February 24, 2011 at 4:39 PM

Interestingly, many of the SA had Leftist leanings.

Dr. ZhivBlago on February 24, 2011 at 4:39 PM

The SA WAS LEFTIST-as was the ENTIRE Nazi party

You know-The National SOCIALIST German Worker’s Party thing.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 24, 2011 at 4:53 PM

Count to 10 on February 24, 2011 at 3:35 PM

It’s ’cause no one was thinking of (or pronouncing) “gigs” back in the 80s, computer or otherwise. A 20 MB hard drive, for example, was massive.

somewhatconcerned on February 24, 2011 at 5:13 PM

Oh man, look at all these pasty soft-bodies. Blech.

NTWR on February 24, 2011 at 5:36 PM

Roy Rogers on February 24, 2011 at 4:38 PM

I noticed that. I also know my Airman son is no progressive.

ladyingray on February 24, 2011 at 5:45 PM

I believe ‘jigawatts’ is more a British thing, and the other pronunciation American.

slickwillie2001 on February 24, 2011 at 5:47 PM

Easy one: because he was a “live” Jew. Vile, rampant wild-eyed anti-semitism has a home with the radical left. I’m surprised she didn’t suggest getting in the oven.

iurockhead on February 24, 2011 at 5:52 PM

Elderly ‘Teabaggers’ Not Dying ‘Fast Enough’ Laments Libtalker Mike Papantonio

Followed by Papantonio’s guest, Daily Beast reporter Rick Outzen, saying with a laugh, “Just a few funerals away from a good government.”

Liberals are now on air saying the problem is older “teabaggers” who need to die. No doubt this will be taken to heart by leftist union thugs.

Arm up older Tea partiers.

darwin on February 24, 2011 at 6:04 PM

ladyingray on February 24, 2011 at 5:45 PM

It’s kind of “cute” how the left consider themselves “experts” on our military now that they’ve dismantled DADT.

In a sick, Obamarhea kind of way.

Roy Rogers on February 24, 2011 at 6:05 PM

There was another guy who used unions as his army of thugs to shut down speech and dissent, beat people and burn down businesses … can’t quite remember his name.

Of course once they served their purpose he got rid of the unions.

Hmmmm … what was is name?

darwin on February 24, 2011 at 6:13 PM

All I can say is O.M.G.

Religious Voices Enter Wisconsin Union Debate.

Buy Danish on February 24, 2011 at 6:22 PM

darwin on February 24, 2011 at 6:13 PM

Did it rhyme with Hitler, Stalin, or Mao?

Roy Rogers on February 24, 2011 at 6:27 PM

Religious Voices Enter Wisconsin Union Debate.

Buy Danish on February 24, 2011 at 6:22 PM

Hmmmmmmmmmm … Interfaith Worker Justice

MissionInterfaith Worker Justice (IWJ) is a network of people of faith that calls upon our religious values in order to educate, organize, and mobilize the religious community in the United States on issues and campaigns that will improve wages, benefits, and conditions for workers, and give voice to workers, especially workers in low-wage jobs
I’m sorry, these people have no business butting their obvious socialist noses in this. The problem isn’t low wages, few benefits, bad conditions, no voice … the problem is these “workers” are too well off. At the expense of the taxpayer. There’s simply no more to give these people.

darwin on February 24, 2011 at 6:31 PM

Did it rhyme with Hitler, Stalin, or Mao?

Roy Rogers on February 24, 2011 at 6:27 PM

You know, the first one sounds familiar.

darwin on February 24, 2011 at 6:32 PM

darwin on February 24, 2011 at 6:31 PM

The problem is that the “rights” of one group of “workers” who don’t belong to unions but pay their salaries and benefits are secondary to the “rights” of government workers. Somehow these people twist religion into Gumby to proclaim that this view is morally superior. I find it absolutely appalling. Not to mention the hypocrisy about separation of church and state and all that.

Buy Danish on February 24, 2011 at 6:42 PM

Is yelling an assault now?

withmanitisimpossible on February 24, 2011 at 1:04 PM

Uh it has been possible for a long time

An unlawful attempt, coupled with apparent ability, to commit a violent injury on the person of another; or
An intentional, unlawful threat by word or act to do violence to the person of another, coupled with an apparent ability to do so, and doing some act which creates a well-founded fear in such other person that such violence is imminent.

definitions.uslegal.com/a/assault-and-battery

CWforFreedom on February 24, 2011 at 8:07 PM

What that lady was saying was that her Jewish peer was not a “typical” Jew. To her, a real Jew is a leftist. And to a great extent, she is correct. Jews are typically Left, especially when it comes to the concept of worker unions. If you examine the history of the worker union in the last 100 years, the vanguard were Jewish. To many Jews, if a fellow Jew does not support the Bolshevik cause, he has made an unholy alliance with the enemy of Jews throughout history.

keep the change on February 24, 2011 at 8:44 PM

Interestingly, many of the SA had Leftist leanings.

Dr. ZhivBlago on February 24, 2011 at 4:39 PM

The SA WAS LEFTIST-as was the ENTIRE Nazi party

You know-The National SOCIALIST German Worker’s Party thing.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 24, 2011 at 4:53 PM

But you can’t ignore the NATIONAL in that…by Leftist I mean international Socialists…most were for German/so-called Aryan ascendancy. The ones I mentioned earlier were against the Bolsheviks and their version of Socialism. The real Leftists would not put Germany over any country nor any race over another.

There was a fine difference between the ideologies.

Dr. ZhivBlago on February 24, 2011 at 8:55 PM

keep the change on February 24, 2011 at 8:44 PM

That’s how it was with my parents. Because they were PROUDLY conservative-and didn’t look especially Jewish either-they/we were told that we weren’t really Jewish etc. Someone even suggested that the reason my family didn’t lose a lot of people in the Shoah wasn’t because most of my family made it to the US in time-rather it was because my family had been collaborators.
Bull!

annoyinglittletwerp on February 24, 2011 at 9:32 PM

Just another shining example of the tolerant left being no such thing…

Gohawgs on February 25, 2011 at 4:17 AM

BAD JOO!

BAAAD JOO!

No matso ball for you!

Dude, seriously. Why can’t somebody strap a liberal down, and force the idiot to watch the COUNTLESS hours of racist and bigoted remarks these tolerant folks make toward anybody and everybody that disagrees with them, on any thing (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rT1DCun3U9M&NR=1)? It is funny, though, that (like the typical liberal), she spouts her incomprehensible bullcrap that only makes sense where she comes from (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bizarro_World), then runs away and pretends the incident never happened, the instant BAD JOO! asks her to simply defend her completely asinine position.

Virus-X on February 25, 2011 at 7:47 AM

Let’s take a trip down Memory lane. Does the size of the crowd, and the rhetoric sound anything like the revolution of the Czechoslovakian Imperialism Republic.

MSGTAS on February 25, 2011 at 9:17 AM

A Jewish person who doesn’t buy the union BS is apparently a “bad jew” according to a communication workers of America female : Fire Andrea Mitchell!

^^ What I think the nasty point was, such as it was: ugly, and pointless except to harass (and “assault” — wound, harm) someone else based upon ethnicity prejudice.

An ugly thing to have been hurled but I’ve come to expect just about anything and everything ugly and assaulting from the Left.

Lourdes on February 25, 2011 at 6:51 PM

I KNOW it’s uncool to introduce ~certain references~ from ugly times past, but the name-calling, assaulting rhetoric about one being “a Joooooo” (and “an ugly Joooo” and similar) — “don’t walk on the sidewalk, YOU walk in the gutter” — that’s what occurred earlier last century in a certain location in Europe.

Everyone should not easily overlook or dismiss this nasty verbal assault by the Left. For this one instance recorded and documented, I’m guessing there are many more occurring and will occur, by the Left, upon both Jooooo and Gentile alike.

Lourdes on February 25, 2011 at 6:55 PM

Related:

[Video] Union Goons…

Lourdes on February 25, 2011 at 6:59 PM

I noticed the overwhelmingly white attendance of this Union crowd. They must be…

scotash on February 25, 2011 at 7:33 PM

How come everybody in this video has a new jersey accent????

gary fouse on February 26, 2011 at 1:54 PM