Video: Union protester grabs FreedomWorks staffer’s camera, hits her with sign

posted at 6:23 pm on February 23, 2011 by Allahpundit

Via the boss emeritus. The FreedomWorks staffer in question is Tabitha Hale, whom some of our readers will know from her role in helping to organize events for conservative activists. Ed e-mails to say that he’s known her for years and that she’s never been less than perfectly pleasant and friendly, in case you’re wondering if she was likely to have been harassing this guy before the camera started rolling. Lefty Tommy Christopher of Mediaite also knows Hale and says, “I’ve never known her to be anything but completely honest.”

So what happened? Quote: “They threatened and yelled, then hit me with a sign and threw my phone. But none of us were hurt.” And so an obvious Narrative question presents itself: She must have been asking for this somehow, but … how? Perhaps she was invading this fine gentleman’s “personal space?” Or perhaps she somehow “manufactured” the confrontation to precipitate a little thuggery, thereby painting poor liberals in a bad light. I bet if we dig deep, we might find that it was her, not union protesters, who was carrying those “Scott Walker is the new Hitler” signs last weekend. Besides, even if we conclude that the man in red is at fault, is it fair to draw conclusions about all the demonstrators based on the incivility (and possible fraud!) of a select few? Based on the left’s attitude towards tea partiers, I’d say … yeah. Absolutely.

Exit quotation from AmSpec’s Philip Klein: “I bet [Tabitha] is gonna get a sweet bonus from the Koch bros for staging that video of her being assaulted.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

My posts are usually scrupulously about adhering to the TOS, even if they bug the heck out of people. In terms of politics, the editors all strike me as “true believers.”

…and who might you be?

Good Lt on February 24, 2011 at 10:38 AM

Love to see these thugs try this with a military vet standing next to her – especially one of my fellow PJs. We know where to hit to make it REALLY hurt.

PJ Emeritus on February 24, 2011 at 10:39 AM

The Political Left: Assaulting women for the greater good!

Good Lt on February 24, 2011 at 10:42 AM

I can’t speak for other sites but if someone is banned at HotAir, the offending comments are deleted. Even those who repeat the comments to chastise the offender are deleted.

Cindy Munford on February 24, 2011 at 10:37 AM

Look, I’m not going to concede to the guy’s claims about his banning on Kos without some kind of evidence. I don’t know him from Adam. There’s either more to the story, it’s false, or Kos indeed made a terrible decision. In any case, I need just a little more evidence. On many web fora, the word “banned” will appear next to a username and the posts live on, provided they’re not defamatory, libelous, or obscene. I understand that there are all kinds of different policies and procedures for dealing with bans.

ajacksonian on February 24, 2011 at 8:10 AM

I see that you don’t deal well with shades of gray. Shame, that.

TexasDan on February 24, 2011 at 10:37 AM

But you can’t surely claim that the posts of ajacksonian are typical Hotairhead. He’s working on a higher level than most, from what I can see. I’m not saying he’s unique, but not typical.

bifidis on February 24, 2011 at 10:46 AM

… especially one of my fellow PJs .. – PJE

Pararescue … phuqqing awesome.

Tony737 on February 24, 2011 at 10:47 AM

…and who might you be?

Good Lt on February 24, 2011 at 10:38 AM

I’m Bifidis. Another face, but the same man as you.

bifidis on February 24, 2011 at 10:52 AM

Other sites delete banned users posts

ladyingray on February 24, 2011 at 11:35 AM

. I don’t know him from Adam. bifidis on February 24, 2011 at 10:46 AM

Since obviously the same can be said about you, I don’t understand your surprise at not being embraced as the new conscience of HotAir. Most of us are quite happy with our perception of right and wrong. If a nanny is required then we can just become Democrats.

Cindy Munford on February 24, 2011 at 11:47 AM

Join the Party of violent little pussies who strike women holding camera’s.

Become a Democrat!

Think about the benefits:

1. You’re NEVER responsible for your own actions.

2. You get to worship a Jug-Eared Socialist who shares your America-Hating twisted world-view.

3. You get to make demands as to the actions of others, while completely ignoring those issues within your own party.

4. as this douche shows, you really don’t have to be smart, or talented, or well-spoken, or educated, just willing to punch someone that disagrees with your union masters.

It’s a simple life, for a buch of simpletons.

p.s. – please, OH PLEASE, take a swing at me sometime (I’ll give ya two for free).

Tim_CA on February 24, 2011 at 11:48 AM

Tim_CA on February 24, 2011 at 11:48 AM

Are you a 5’1″ woman? I think you are excluded from the “fun”.

Cindy Munford on February 24, 2011 at 11:58 AM

400 million guns and nobody had one handy?

G-man on February 24, 2011 at 12:03 PM

Tim_CA on February 24, 2011 at 11:48 AM
Are you a 5’1″ woman? I think you are excluded from the “fun”.

Cindy Munford on February 24, 2011 at 11:58 AM”

Good point that.

Tim_CA on February 24, 2011 at 12:13 PM

… I don’t understand your surprise at not being embraced as the new conscience of HotAir… .

Cindy Munford on February 24, 2011 at 11:47 AM

What the? You make me sound way more interesting than I’ll ever be.

bifidis on February 24, 2011 at 12:23 PM

And for this I was banned from the major leftist sites. And you have the nerve to tell me that HotAir suffers from groupthink? Try again, young’un.

runawayyyy on February 24, 2011 at 10:02 AM
Show me the posts. As far as I know, if someone is banned, their posts don’t disappear. Let’s see the evidence.

If it’s as you said, then I join you in condemning those bastards.

bifidis on February 24, 2011 at 10:15 AM

My posts disappeared. I notice how the only way to will even claim to be convinced is if you see the evidence you know good and damn well isn’t there anymore. This is an outright lie on your part. However, I have a way you can prove this to yourself, since you choose to call me a liar so easily. All you have to do is what I did. I outlined it in very plain terms, telling you exactly what the nature of my ban-worthy posts were. Do it yourself. That’s the only reason I did what I did, to know for myself how it would be treated by leftists.

Having said all that, I know for a fact you will do no such thing. You know I am telling the truth, as well as anyone else here, whether they know me from adam or not. And for the record, I couldn’t care less what you think of me. And you will never condemn those bastards, that’s another lie.

runawayyyy on February 24, 2011 at 12:25 PM

bifidis on February 24, 2011 at 12:23 PM

I noticed your links and attempts to drive the agenda. The hosts won’t be playing to your or any others’ tune but their own.

Cindy Munford on February 24, 2011 at 12:40 PM

runawayyyy on February 24, 2011 at 12:25 PM

Man, you need to reeeeeeeeeeee-LAX! If not accepting on face value a screwy-sounding claim on the internets is calling you a “liar,” you need a hug or something. You think you know me — you don’t. It’s crappy if they banned you for that. That seems really craven and hypocritical to me. Of course, I’m no huge fan of any of the leftist sites, as hard and painful and disturbing as that may be for you to accept. And yes, as you suspected, I am actually a paid Soros employee. I earn $25 a word, double on the weekends.

bifidis on February 24, 2011 at 12:44 PM

Cindy Munford on February 24, 2011 at 12:40 PM

Umm, OK? Can I leave detention now, or do I need a hall pass?

bifidis on February 24, 2011 at 12:46 PM

bifidis on February 24, 2011 at 12:46 PM

We’re big on freedom here, do as you like.

Cindy Munford on February 24, 2011 at 12:47 PM

bifidis on February 24, 2011 at 12:44 PM

Come here child, let me show you what logic looks like (grabs bifidis by ear….)

bifidis on February 24, 2011 at 10:15 AM

This is your reaction to a perfectly understandable and believable assertion (and also quite accurate) from me. You make it clear with this statement that you don’t believe what I said and have no intention of admitting I was right as you already know your buddies wiped the evidence as soon as they saw it. In other words, you called me a liar.

Now, you have that right, this being a free country and all that, but at the same time I have the right to rub your nose in the brown mess you left on the carpet, which I’m doing now.

So now you have 2 choices, take my suggestion and duplicate my efforts, or apologize for your libel (or both, once you’ve been banned from either or both of the mentioned sites for the same reason I was). Oh, and if that’s the best you can do, perhaps your real issue is a lack of maturity. Don’t worry, those pubes will grow in soon enough.

runawayyyy on February 24, 2011 at 1:40 PM

No surprise here. It happened to me too. Hit in the face with the wooden handle of an anti-war protest sign up at West Point while taking photos.

Urban Infidel on February 24, 2011 at 1:43 PM

These parasites must be voted into extinction….

adamsmith on February 24, 2011 at 3:30 PM

A guy who looks exactly like this one was standing behind the reporter on Fox Special Report. He was holding a sign saying “Stop the War”.

Cindy Munford on February 24, 2011 at 6:03 PM

A normal Obama, union thug. Nothing out of the ordinary.

proconstitution on February 24, 2011 at 9:18 PM

What the? You make me sound way more interesting than I’ll ever be.

bifidis on February 24, 2011 at 12:23 PM