NARN, the We Need Some Stinkin’ Badgers Edition!

posted at 8:00 am on February 19, 2011 by Ed Morrissey

The Northern Alliance Radio Network will be on the air today, with your hosts Mitch Berg and Ed Morrissey, on from 1-3 CT with live streaming video and chat. If you’re in the Twin Cities, you can hear us on AM 1280 The Patriot, or on the station’s Internet stream if you’re outside of the broadcast area, as well as right here on on the permanent Ed Morrissey Show page at Hot Air.

Today, Mitch and I will bring you the up-to-the-moment developments on the political crisis in Wisconsin, which is twelve parts The Fugitive and eleven parts Send Back The Clowns.  Tim Phillips of Americans for Prosperity will give us an update from the capital in Madison, as conservatives and Tea Party activists arrive to provide a counterprotest to the union rallies inside and outside of the legislature.  We’ll also talk about the week’s events, nationally and locally, and see how many times Mitch can remind me that the Steelers lost the Super Bowl in a two-hour period.   Join us and find out!

Be sure to call 651-289-4488 to join the conversation! You can also register for free at Ustream to participate in our raucous live-chat sessions. (And if the log-in prompt doesn’t come up in the chat box below, use this link instead.)

Comments

Wish I could be in chat, but I have to be on the scene.

steveegg on February 19, 2011 at 9:19 AM

Wish I could be in chat, but I have to be on the scene.

steveegg on February 19, 2011 at 9:19 AM

Godspeed Steve.

wi farmgirl on February 19, 2011 at 9:30 AM

steveegg on February 19, 2011 at 9:19 AM

Good for you. Please report back.

Cindy Munford on February 19, 2011 at 10:03 AM

Wish I could be in Madtown with you all. My heart and prayers will be. Stay safe, and thank you for standing up for Wisconsin and the Country.

karen32862 on February 19, 2011 at 10:03 AM

I wish i could be there :( I have to study for a Federal Tax exam…I wanna fly out there from NJ so bad!

BrianVII on February 19, 2011 at 10:04 AM

I managed to melt through the enemy lines on the way in and out of the rally as they circled the Capitol to make it jsut a bit harder to get to the east side rally point, so I didn’t have any real good pics of the other side, and my location by the media riser stuck behind some tall people meant my photos of the stage weren’t real good. I haven’t uploaded my sign photos, so I’ll recommend Troglopundit’s picture dump.

The speakers were, to a person, fired up. As I said, I was in a bad position to get audio or video, so Stacy McCain’s wrap will have to do. The only bad news is a professional union goon got “lost”, wandered into the middle of the crowd and kept shouting “Kill the Bill”. Eventually deputies got around him, and he piped down somewhat, and varied his chants a bit (my favorite exchange was, “I am the union.”/”Obviously.”

I had hoped to catch back up with the original organizer of the event, Dave Westlake, but I couldn’t find him. Instead, I found a Republican state senator, who I interviewed (an equipment malfunction caused the audio to be lost, though I posted a summary (I would hotlink, but I think a third one will make this comment go down the memory hole).

steveegg on February 19, 2011 at 9:19 PM