Quotes of the day

posted at 10:42 pm on February 16, 2011 by Allahpundit

“With just one impressive speech, Chris Christie put three full days of CPAC speakers to shame.

“That’s the bottom line from a bipartisan panel of experts, who watched the New Jersey governor’s address on Wednesday at the American Enterprise Institute for POLITICO – and drew a sharp contrast between Christie and the cattle call of potential GOP hopefuls at the just-concluded conservative gathering…

“‘He hit precisely the right notes people are looking for,’ Democratic strategist Jamal Simmons said of the Republican, citing the governor’s focus on getting the states and nation’s fiscal house in order…

“‘He looked presidential in the kind of Hollywood sense,’ Simmons said. ‘The Bulworth, straight-talking politician. John Goodman on The West Wing. Republican guy from the heartland. He looked that part but it’s a long way to go from there to the White House.’”

***
“The way to understand Christie, says Ben Dworkin, director of the Institute for New Jersey politics at Rider University, ‘is he has the leadership skills of a powerful prosecutor who happens to be governor. He argues his case in the press, and he stays on the attack constantly.’ As a federal prosecutor in New Jersey, Christie never lost a corruption case, and there were plenty in a state best known for The Sopranos. His favorite phrase: ‘Heads I win, tails you lose.’ Yet he’s declined to join other Republican governors and attorneys general in challenging Obama’s health care reform. He says he doesn’t have the money to fool around with that stuff right now, and if the law is found unconstitutional, New Jersey will benefit without having to kick in legal fees.

“His refusal to join in suggests a degree of pragmatism that is attractive to non-true believers. This is a guy who has focused his message of change, and is clear about what he stands for. This is distinct from Obama’s message of change, which meant different things to different people in 2008 and left almost everybody disappointed…

“Christie’s tough-guy approach is working, making him a national figure after just 13 months in office. ‘He commands the bully pulpit more effectively than any other governor we have seen in modern history,’ says Dworkin, who predicts Christie will deliver the keynote address at the GOP convention in 2012.”

***
DYLAN RATIGAN, HOST: Go ahead, Jonathan. Set all of that aside, just your evaluation of [New Jersey Governor Chris] Christie, period, as a politician and his rhetoric.

JONATHAN CAPEHART, WASHINGTON POST: I think Chris Christie is terrific. Here’s a guy whose tough talk is matched up by tough action. All those things he’s talking about, he talked about at AEI today, those are all things he’s done with the exception of dealing with entitlements and things like that which he doesn’t really have to deal with because he’s a governor. But because he’s a governor in a state with deep financial problems and is forced every day, day in and day out, to make decisions, you know, he’s, he’s making them and he’s not sugar-coating them. He’s not trying to be anybody’s friend. He, you know, President Obama talks about adult conversations. Speaker Boehner talks about adult conversations surrounding the big, tough issues that face the country. Chris Christie is the one who’s actually having the adult conversation and making the tough decisions. And when people get in his face and try to yell back at him, he yells back. He actually yells back, which is why I think is driving his popularity.

***

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Weren’t they all fan of John McCain? Until he won the primaries that is….

antisocial on February 17, 2011 at 12:07 AM

It doesn’t matter who runs. Obama will win easily. Book it. It is easy to see just by reading the comments on here daily. People keep waiting for the magical perfect conservative to appear. It is not gonna happen.

I realize a lot of people on here would rather have Obama for another 4 years than Christie but not me. I love my country too much to sacrifice it for the sake of pure conservatism.

The Notorious G.O.P on February 17, 2011 at 12:07 AM

Dear AP:

Why do you write about Christie? Or any other Republican? Don’t you know that the only person who matters, not only in politics but in the whole wide world, is St. Sarah of Palin?

Do you enjoy watching her sheeple twist themselves into pretzels to discredit every single action and quality of every other potential candidate? I must admit, it is perversely entertaining. Especially when the spelling-challenged Palin nuts start operating at full throttle.

Imagine my surprise to learn that Palin supporters make less money and are less educated than the average joe. Imagine! But I digress.

I get that you drive traffic by holding out the red meat for the Palin nuts who overrun HA. Much credit to the few commenters who risk juvenile and nasty personal attacks just to express a dissenting opinion here. I saw what the Palin worshippers did to Petunia the other night. Belittling her as “irrational” was the least of their insults.

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

You are shameless, AP. Ace finally had enough of the Palin nuts hijacking his threads, and bottom-lined his opinion of her: like most of the thinking people in this country, he doesn’t believe she is qualified to be POTUS.

So kudos to him, and to the others on the rational right who understand how critical it is to nominate someone who can not only defeat Obama, but actually govern our desperately troubled country.

Now you may return to your regularly-scheduled manipulation of the delusional Palin groupies.

Meredith on February 17, 2011 at 12:08 AM

meredith needs psychiatric help asap. Can someone attend please?

Inanemergencydial on February 17, 2011 at 12:10 AM

I love my country too much to sacrifice it for the sake of pure conservatism.

The Notorious G.O.P on February 17, 2011 at 12:07 AM

Amen, brother.

John the Libertarian on February 17, 2011 at 12:10 AM

The Notorious G.O.P on February 17, 2011 at 12:07 AM

So sayeth the anti-palin zealot.

promachus on February 17, 2011 at 12:14 AM

The anti-Palin zealots have all latched onto Christie as the new hope. Hmmm. Something’s in the air for sure.

promachus on February 17, 2011 at 12:14 AM

The Notorious G.O.P on February 17, 2011 at 12:07 AM

Politics is quite often a tug of war, not a battle of absolutes.

blatantblue on February 17, 2011 at 12:14 AM

promachus on February 17, 2011 at 12:14 AM

Did they see the Mittship sinking before or after he sent his wife out to nominate him?

MeatHeadinCA on February 17, 2011 at 12:17 AM

I love my country too much to sacrifice it for the sake of pure conservatism.

The Notorious G.O.P on February 17, 2011 at 12:07 AM

Amen, brother.

John the Libertarian on February 17, 2011 at 12:10 AM

I could never vote for Christie because of his gun stance and I think he’s too cozy with the islamists in NJ…but I still very much agree with Notorious’s statement.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 17, 2011 at 12:18 AM

promachus on February 17, 2011 at 12:14 AM

Damn shame Christie’s not running. The more I learn about the guy, the more I think he has other reasons to avoid running outside of “readiness.”

gryphon202 on February 17, 2011 at 12:18 AM

Christie doesn’t speak on an issue, he’s a coward, and Sarah is the champion.

Christie does speak out on an issue, and well, he’s a lying liar, Mitt-Wanna Be.

IDK, you tell me. You can’t win with the ‘Nistas. They have an elaborate reasoning for everything/every contingency.

blatantblue on February 17, 2011 at 12:19 AM

promachus on February 17, 2011 at 12:14 AM

Not me.
I’m still HA’s friendly little fuzz-ball T-Pawrrr.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 17, 2011 at 12:19 AM

He could be the one to run interference for Mitt?

Geochelone on February 17, 2011 at 12:02 AM

I don’t know about that, but he’s a NE RINO that knows what hurts NJ residents the most, property taxes.

Being a former NJ resident, I watched my property taxes go from $1,000 a year to over $5,000 a year, in just 10 years, and I was living in South NJ where the taxes are suppose to be low.

He’s fighting what is hurting most, if not all NJ residents, property taxes, of which 2/3′s goes to the teachers unions, to graduate students that cannot qualify for a job other than a ditch digger.

And now, Obama wants to make the residents of NJ keep their kids on their health insurance till 26? Fixed income people cannot afford that, neither can they afford a failing school system that pays supervisors over $100K a year, and rewards unions with lifetime health care, and pensions.

I suspect he’d support Romney.

Kini on February 17, 2011 at 12:19 AM

Good executive but a minor league Giuliani, at least so far. Check out City Journal’s long piece on what Giuliani did in New York, the odds he faced and the forces he took on and took down. It makes Christies bumptious confrontations look amateur.

And he’s not running. He can’t and remain tenable. If he runs, he puts to rout his commitment to New Jersey and his claims of being the local boy who would not leave before the job was done. His entire political persona collapses. Maybe that’s why the MSM is stoking the fire.

rrpjr on February 17, 2011 at 12:20 AM

I love my country too much to sacrifice it for the sake of pure conservatism.

The Notorious G.O.P on February 17, 2011 at 12:07 AM

Preach it, brother, preach it.

This county cannot afford another 4 years of the empty suit known as Obama.

Knucklehead on February 17, 2011 at 12:21 AM

rrpjr on February 17, 2011 at 12:20 AM

ding ding ding

Exactly.

MeatHeadinCA on February 17, 2011 at 12:21 AM

Knucklehead on February 17, 2011 at 12:21 AM

Hey Girlfriend:
Loved your Miller link
Though he’s way too old for me, I’m enchanted by his adorable snarkiness.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 17, 2011 at 12:24 AM

Preach it, brother, preach it.

This county cannot afford another 4 years of the empty suit known as Obama.

Knucklehead on February 17, 2011 at 12:21 AM

But can we afford 8 years of another administration like George W. Bush’s, where the spending increases continue unabated? I’d like to roll back the damage. Not stop it, not slow it, but roll it back.

gryphon202 on February 17, 2011 at 12:24 AM

Meredith on February 17, 2011 at 12:08 AM

Wow. You’ve got some serious issues there honey.

I don’t know how many weekly sessions you have with your therapist…but clearly, you’re not getting the care you need.

powerpro on February 17, 2011 at 12:25 AM

blatantblue on February 17, 2011 at 12:19 AM

How about this: Chris Christie’s record on gun control is terrible, his record on coddling Muslim extremists is well-documented, and I’m beginning to think that even his much-vaunted fiscal conservatism is political smoke-and-mirrors. There are a few other tenable candidates besides Palin that I would vote for proudly and without hesitation; Chris Christie isn’t one of them.

gryphon202 on February 17, 2011 at 12:26 AM

I could never vote for Christie because of his gun stance
annoyinglittletwerp on February 17, 2011 at 12:18 AM

yah. he’s a real monster on guns.

katy on February 17, 2011 at 12:27 AM

Christe should get the muslim vote. He has been working hard enough for it.

Murphy9 on February 17, 2011 at 12:27 AM

gryphon202 on February 17, 2011 at 12:26 AM

Fine by me!
And Sarah’s immigration stance? Would she deport?

blatantblue on February 17, 2011 at 12:28 AM

yah. he’s a real monster on guns.

katy on February 17, 2011 at 12:27 AM

He commuted the sentence to time served. The dude still has the “crime” on his record, even though he was arguably carrying legally. I wouldn’t put that up as a shining example of a 2nd amendment advocacy.

gryphon202 on February 17, 2011 at 12:30 AM

yah. he’s a real monster on guns.

katy on February 17, 2011 at 12:27 AM

One commutation does not a second amendment supporter make.
I think he’s a good guy(he’s also kind of cute) but he’s too friendly with radical islam and his gun views are more like Rudy’s than Palin or Pawlenty’s.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 17, 2011 at 12:30 AM

Meredith on February 17, 2011 at 12:08 AM

WTF? Take a look at what PETUNIA said on that thread!!!

And I think she [Palin] is weird.

She [Palin] hates people who know anything about anything.

I don’t see Palin as all that honest either really. I don’t even like her well enough to track all the stuff.

I can’t imagine how someone with her [Palin] lack of experience in everything is going to do any better than Obama is doing in foreign policy!

You have not a shred of love for this country.

But I remember she [Palin] was pretty dishonest…I don’t know that I’d buy a car from her.

I can’t imagine how she [Palin] seems so honest to you.

Like she’s the ugly duckling running for homecomming queen.

She [Palin] doesn’t even try to educate herself.

Every one of these comments by Petunia was an ad hominem attack with not a shed of political substance or analytical commentary whatever.

Does that look like RATIONAL commentary to you Meredith?

You have completely LIED about what happened on that thread. LIAR. Are we supposed to not respond to the utter GARBAGE that Petunia was dishing out?

You Meredith have just beclowned yourself.

HERE IS THE LINK

Geochelone on February 17, 2011 at 12:32 AM

And Sarah’s immigration stance? Would she deport?

blatantblue on February 17, 2011 at 12:28 AM

Oh, don’t even start down that road. You must have missed the ten other posts in which I went into great detail why I favor Sarah Palin. I’m painfully aware that Hermain Cain is the only candidate who’s actually declared so far, and that Sarah may not. I am also aware that if Palin does not declare, or doesn’t make it through the primary process, I may not get a chance to pull the lever for her. In that event, I have been thinking long and hard about who else I can support. Absolutely not Christie — he’s the consummate politician.

gryphon202 on February 17, 2011 at 12:32 AM

gryphon202 on February 17, 2011 at 12:24 AM

As do I but I’m more concerned in getting the idiot out of the White House before he can do any more damage.

The Republican’s need to keep the House and take control of the Senate if we end up with some weak, unelectable candidate.

Knucklehead on February 17, 2011 at 12:32 AM

Wow, lots of usernames that I don’t recognize are stoking dissension in this thread.

It must be serious if the sleepers are awakening.

forest on February 17, 2011 at 12:33 AM

Hey Girlfriend:
Loved your Miller link
Though he’s way too old for me, I’m enchanted by his adorable snarkiness.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 17, 2011 at 12:24 AM

I’m surprised he didn’t mention either Cain or Palin… or even the Donald, who I thought was the media’s new crush.

powerpro on February 17, 2011 at 12:34 AM

gryphon202 on February 17, 2011 at 12:32 AM

Christie isnt my favorite, but sh!t, I’ll take any of our people over ANY of theirs, any day.

blatantblue on February 17, 2011 at 12:36 AM

Knucklehead on February 17, 2011 at 12:32 AM

And that’s where I differ with a lot of commenters on this site. I’m not a member of the “anyone but Obama” crowd. Our modern disaster was literally 98+ years in the making, and we won’t undo it overnight by voting against one individual.

gryphon202 on February 17, 2011 at 12:36 AM

blatantblue on February 17, 2011 at 12:36 AM

As I said in a recent post on this thread, I’m not a member of the “anyone but Obama” crowd. The situation is too dire for that kind of thinking.

gryphon202 on February 17, 2011 at 12:37 AM

HERE IS THE LINK

Geochelone on February 17, 2011 at 12:32 AM

Don’t want to click the link… is it for Palin H8ers Anonymous?

MeatHeadinCA on February 17, 2011 at 12:37 AM

gryphon202 on February 17, 2011 at 12:36 AM

No, but we’ll make it a hell of a lot worse by keeping him in another four years……

blatantblue on February 17, 2011 at 12:37 AM

powerpro on February 17, 2011 at 12:34 AM

I’m surprised that he didn’t mention Palin.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 17, 2011 at 12:40 AM

blatantblue on February 17, 2011 at 12:37 AM

I am pulling the lever in the primaries for the candidate which I believe best reflects my views. If that makes me complicit in helping Obama to win, then America is long past the point of death, and we deserve another four years of him.

gryphon202 on February 17, 2011 at 12:41 AM

gryphon202 on February 17, 2011 at 12:30 AM
annoyinglittletwerp on February 17, 2011 at 12:30 AM

He’d still be rotting in prison if not for Christi. Show me where he’s anti-2nd.

katy on February 17, 2011 at 12:42 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on February 17, 2011 at 12:18 AM

I don’t think he’d do a thing about guns or Ground-Zero mosques if he were in office. He’d be too busy body-slamming public employee unions.

John the Libertarian on February 17, 2011 at 12:43 AM

cozy with the islamists

Because he decided not to comment on GZM?
That makes him “cozy” with the subversive Islamic elements?

blatantblue on February 17, 2011 at 12:45 AM

Here you go Katy: Christie’s view of the Second Amendment.
The meaty stuff starts about mid-page.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 17, 2011 at 12:49 AM

katy on February 17, 2011 at 12:42 AM

Here ya go. Read the whole thing.

gryphon202 on February 17, 2011 at 12:49 AM

That makes him “cozy” with the subversive Islamic elements?

blatantblue on February 17, 2011 at 12:45 AM

He’s nominated a Hamas-affiliated muslim to the NJ Supreme court.
I’ll find a link.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 17, 2011 at 12:50 AM

Because he decided not to comment on GZM?
That makes him “cozy” with the subversive Islamic elements?

blatantblue on February 17, 2011 at 12:45 AM

No, his appointment of Sohail Mohammed to a superior court judgeship makes him cozy with subversive Islamic elements. His failure to speak up on the Ground Zero mosque when asked about it makes him an opportunistic egg-sucking weasel of a politician.

gryphon202 on February 17, 2011 at 12:53 AM

gryphon202 on February 17, 2011 at 12:49 AM

yah…not good if this interview is real.

katy on February 17, 2011 at 12:55 AM

For you BB.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 17, 2011 at 12:55 AM

yah…not good if this interview is real.

katy on February 17, 2011 at 12:55 AM

It wasn’t an interview so much as an expose. If you read through all eight parts, at the very end everything is documented. Christie wasn’t a bad act to follow Corzine, but I really don’t think his views honestly align with my own. Consider that if even a fraction of what you read is true, “readiness” may not have anything to do with his avoidance of 2012; he may just know that he couldn’t stand the scrutiny.

gryphon202 on February 17, 2011 at 12:57 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on February 17, 2011 at 12:49 AM

Ok ….Christi sucks! ;o)

katy on February 17, 2011 at 12:58 AM

Ok ….Christi sucks! ;o)

katy on February 17, 2011 at 12:58 AM

Oy…I’m not about tearing down other candidates for the sake of building my guy (or gal) up. But Chris Christie is a shining example of why I’m not a member of the “anyone but Obama” crowd.

gryphon202 on February 17, 2011 at 1:00 AM

gryphon202 on February 17, 2011 at 12:53 AM

When in Nj, on a politically correct razors edge, why would one step into the foray of an incredibly divisive issue?
He has a mission there. I say good on him for showing the political prowess to keep his head low, not giving the jersey machine more ammunition, and for staying on task.

blatantblue on February 17, 2011 at 1:01 AM

blatantblue on February 17, 2011 at 1:01 AM

Dude, really…read this:

It’s a nice summation of an epiphany I recently had; Christie is not conservative, any way you slice it.

gryphon202 on February 17, 2011 at 1:03 AM

An enthymeme is an informally stated syllogism (a three-part deductive argument) with an unstated assumption.

The unstated assumption is the real danger. Here is an example:

We have to elect Christie in the Primary;
or else Obama will win.

This presupposes a number of hidden assumptions;

1. Christie will beat Obama.
2. Only Christie will beat Obama and no one else.

I call this this the Ann Coulter Enthymeme.

I don’t know how anyone can know for sure that 1 and 2 are valid enough to throw out the principles by which one chooses their candidate.

Geochelone on February 17, 2011 at 1:04 AM

gryphon202 on February 17, 2011 at 1:00 AM

I would vote for my dog to run the country over this piece of dirt in the WH. So…yah..I AM part of the anyone but Obama crowd.

Although I’d like a good strong candidate with Constitutional conviction..a conservative congress could fill the gaps wherever needed.

katy on February 17, 2011 at 1:04 AM

Or this:

Sohail Mohammed isn’t “walking the razor’s edge in New Jersey.” He has documented ties to Hamas, and now he has a judgeship in New Jersey — thanks to Chris Christie.

gryphon202 on February 17, 2011 at 1:06 AM

The bottom line is Christi appears to be the only one ‘large’ enough ( in size and fire power ) to body slam and crush the man child AND take on a hostile press with his eyes closed and both hands tied behind his back. That…is what will be needed.

katy on February 17, 2011 at 1:07 AM

Geochelone on February 17, 2011 at 1:04 AM

That’s because there is a segment of voters out there who will pick their candidates based on polls or, God forbid, what they hear in the media.

gryphon202 on February 17, 2011 at 1:07 AM

Christie is not ideal but better than any liberal out there.

Frankly, if the conservative movement stayed active under a christie presidency, I’d have a hard time seeing him stray too far.

Bush strayed because the conservative movement let him. They carried his water.
The movement needs to grasp this concept, that the problem has been their recalcitrance and failure to stand up. Not the Rinos.

Continue the stand, and you can get things done, even in less than favorable conditions. The tea party proved this.

So in sum, the anyone but obarfy strategy can be successful, so long as the movement stays active into the next term.
Historically we give up. We sink, rise, sink, and rise.

The left has been successful over the last few decades because they’ve remained active. So even under presidents that weren’t favorable, they continued to make gains.

Politics is most definitely a tug of war, over a strggle of absolutes. Small gains are used to make greater gains when the base is active.

blatantblue on February 17, 2011 at 1:09 AM

Geochelone on February 17, 2011 at 1:04 AM

So … many … big words!

Meredith made it clear above that only non-thinkers like Palin so please use smaller words next time so my tiny brain can understand them.

powerpro on February 17, 2011 at 1:10 AM

blatantblue on February 17, 2011 at 1:09 AM

Well, good luck voting for someone who’s not running.

gryphon202 on February 17, 2011 at 1:11 AM

gryphon202 on February 17, 2011 at 1:11 AM

he’s running.

katy on February 17, 2011 at 1:12 AM

Well, good luck voting for someone who’s not running.

gryphon202 on February 17, 2011 at 1:11 AM

In that case I’m voting for Bobby Jindal…just kidding.
Still wish he would run.
*pout*

annoyinglittletwerp on February 17, 2011 at 1:13 AM

he’s running.

katy on February 17, 2011 at 1:12 AM

So how come he said he’s not? That’s not speculation on my part; I’m going by what he himself said.

gryphon202 on February 17, 2011 at 1:13 AM

Meredith on February 17, 2011 at 12:08 AM

Woman on Woman jealousy is a terrible thing to see.

portlandon on February 17, 2011 at 1:14 AM

Woman on Woman jealousy is a terrible thing to see.

portlandon on February 17, 2011 at 1:14 AM

But woman-on-woman catfights? Bring ‘em on, baby!

gryphon202 on February 17, 2011 at 1:15 AM

Well, good luck voting for someone who’s not running.

A generality. Not speaking simply about Christie.

blatantblue on February 17, 2011 at 1:15 AM

By all means…

… let the media (Arizona shooter was a tea bagging, Sarah Palin supporting, Rush listener, and the MB is just a pro-democracy community organizing group) pick our candidates.

Seven Percent Solution on February 17, 2011 at 1:17 AM

A generality. Not speaking simply about Christie.

blatantblue on February 17, 2011 at 1:15 AM

Pardon the misunderstanding on my part. I’ll close out my contribution to the thread tonight by pointing out that choosing our candidate for 2012 may be like deciding if we want to go over a cliff at 200 mph or 100 mph. I don’t give a sh!t if no one wants to let me near it — I’m reaching for that break pedal.

gryphon202 on February 17, 2011 at 1:17 AM

But woman-on-woman catfights? Bring ‘em on, baby!

gryphon202 on February 17, 2011 at 1:15 AM

Meoooooowwwww!!!

portlandon on February 17, 2011 at 1:18 AM

Christie’s bullying of the “unions” in NJ is certainly a site to behold….but there’s no resolution YET.
I’m hoping my fellow conservatives can see the whole Christie, not just the “bully”.
What bothers me most about Christie?….his stance on the following…..

Illegal immigration
gun control
ground zero mosque
cap and trade
“green technology”
energy independence
obamacare
political appointees
political endorsements
abortion flip/flop

Too many on that list to even compromise on.

tencole on February 17, 2011 at 1:19 AM

So how come he said he’s not?
gryphon202 on February 17, 2011 at 1:13 AM

He’s a politician silly.

katy on February 17, 2011 at 1:20 AM

Meoooooowwwww!!!

portlandon on February 17, 2011 at 1:18 AM

Hisssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!

gryphon202 on February 17, 2011 at 1:20 AM

He’s a politician silly.

katy on February 17, 2011 at 1:20 AM

So you’d vote for him knowing full-well that he is fundamentally dishonest enough to lie about something as fundamental as whether he’s running or not? I think that says as much about his fans as it says about him.

gryphon202 on February 17, 2011 at 1:21 AM

Woman on Woman jealousy is a terrible thing to see.
portlandon on February 17, 2011 at 1:14 AM

Not everything woman on woman is bad, however.

/lorien

blatantblue on February 17, 2011 at 1:21 AM

Not everything woman on woman is bad, however.

/lorien

blatantblue on February 17, 2011 at 1:21 AM

Ewwww.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 17, 2011 at 1:23 AM

Gryphon

We can stop that 100 mph ride, even if our pick isn’t best.

We are the people. We have more strength and possibility than we realize.

blatantblue on February 17, 2011 at 1:23 AM

Meredith on February 17, 2011 at 12:08 AM

Woman on Woman jealousy is a terrible thing to see.

portlandon on February 17, 2011 at 1:14 AM

You were on that Petunia Thread. Can you believe how Meredith has attempted to spin the reality of what happened on Feb 14 QOTD? Unbelievable. And I thought everyone was rather patient with Petunia because it was so psychotic.

Geochelone on February 17, 2011 at 1:23 AM

katy on February 17, 2011 at 1:20 AM

You mean he’s a liar.

promachus on February 17, 2011 at 1:25 AM

We can stop that 100 mph ride, even if our pick isn’t best.

We are the people. We have more strength and possibility than we realize.

blatantblue on February 17, 2011 at 1:23 AM

I’m voting, dude. Not shooting craps. Why you’d want anything but the best odds of turning this sh!tstorm is beyond me, but primary season is still a ways off. May the best former Alaskan governor win. ;)

gryphon202 on February 17, 2011 at 1:25 AM

Geochelone on February 17, 2011 at 1:23 AM

The ugly side of irrational jealousy.

powerpro on February 17, 2011 at 1:27 AM

ay the best former Alaskan governor win. ;)

Agreed

blatantblue on February 17, 2011 at 1:27 AM

Geochelone on February 17, 2011 at 1:23 AM

Nah, it wasn’t that bad. It’s just that Petunia doesn’t worship at the altar of Palin. Despite her misgivings, she said she was fine with Sarah running in a full field of candidates.

John the Libertarian on February 17, 2011 at 1:29 AM

It’s just that Petunia doesn’t worship at the altar of Palin.

John the Libertarian on February 17, 2011 at 1:29 AM

So you have to accuse Palin’s supporters of batsh!t craziness in order to prove that you don’t worship at her altar? Ummm…

/boggled

gryphon202 on February 17, 2011 at 1:31 AM

Chris Christie a conservative? Why, the very thought fairly reeks of mendacity, pure and simple mendacity.

Here’s a secret video of the fat man bullying romney at their recent, private dinner. It seems romney isn’t so sure about all that mendacity, but the fat man is in charge….

tigerlily on February 17, 2011 at 1:31 AM

/boggled

gryphon202 on February 17, 2011 at 1:31 AM

I actually worship at that altar… so… uhm…

John the Libertarian on February 17, 2011 at 1:32 AM

Well, good luck voting for someone who’s not running.

gryphon202 on February 17, 2011 at 1:11 AM

In that case I’m voting for Bobby Jindal…just kidding.
Still wish he would run.
*pout*

annoyinglittletwerp on February 17, 2011 at 1:13 AM

I am darn determined to see that all those who aren’t running don’t get elected. It will be a tough job I know but someone has got to do it. Of course there will be those inadvertent cases where someone who is not on the ballot gets elected but that won’t be my fault.

Geochelone on February 17, 2011 at 1:35 AM

John the Libertarian on February 17, 2011 at 1:29 AM

You only have an Altar? Well I have an Altar and a Shrine. So I am a better Palinista than you buddy. So there. \ :)

Geochelone on February 17, 2011 at 1:41 AM

Geochelone on February 17, 2011 at 1:41 AM

Let me guess. You have a picture of her with candles lit constantly. You have a Palin rosary and you get shaky every time you leave your house … for fear that you will come back and the shrine will be destroyed.

MeatHeadinCA on February 17, 2011 at 1:44 AM

MeatHeadinCA on February 17, 2011 at 1:44 AM

I have a talisman/amulet I wear around my neck to keep away all the anti-Palin evil spirits for when I leave my underground bunker where the shrine is hidden. I hum happy tunes in my head to keep out evil anti-Palin thoughts also. \ :)

What do you do?

Geochelone on February 17, 2011 at 1:49 AM

gryphon202 on February 17, 2011 at 12:53 AM

if that was all he did I could ignore it but chrisite went one step further and accused those attacking the building of the GZm as doing it for political reasons only. As if no red-blooded american would or should be enraged over the proposal to build a victory mosque over the final grave of 3000 americans killed in the name of that religion.

In effect he called the patriotic people nothing but politcal oppurtunists and then tried to take the high road by saying he would not join with them at their level ….

It was ashameful display of trying to slander and smearothers that he disagreed with all while doing ofr his own politcal purposes .

unseen on February 17, 2011 at 1:50 AM

So there. \ :)

Geochelone on February 17, 2011 at 1:41 AM

Yeah? But do you build shrines to her out of mashed potatoes?!?

John the Libertarian on February 17, 2011 at 1:50 AM

Meredith on February 17, 2011 at 12:08 AM

I’m not a Palin supporter and I basically get along with everyone.
‘Course it helps that I don’t behave like a jerk.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 17, 2011 at 1:51 AM

What do you do?

Geochelone on February 17, 2011 at 1:49 AM

I’m not so fortunate to be initiated into the Cult of Palin, YET.

But I was thinking of going on Ebay and purchasing a lock of her hair as well as some Holy Water from her glacier in Alaska if that day does come.

MeatHeadinCA on February 17, 2011 at 1:51 AM

What do you do?

Geochelone on February 17, 2011 at 1:49 AM

I sacrifice two chickens and a goat a week to keep them at bay.

unseen on February 17, 2011 at 1:52 AM

What do you do?

Geochelone on February 17, 2011 at 1:49 AM

You need a new talisman.
I’m still here.
*ducks and laughs*

annoyinglittletwerp on February 17, 2011 at 1:53 AM

John the Libertarian on February 17, 2011 at 1:50 AM

Man, before I even clicked I knew that was a reference to Close Encounters. How appropriate. Good one. Awesome movie.

Geochelone on February 17, 2011 at 1:53 AM

I sacrifice two chickens and a goat a week to keep them at bay.

unseen on February 17, 2011 at 1:52 AM

Only two? You don’t sound like a very good Palinista. Make that 2 RINOs and a Donkey per week ;)

MeatHeadinCA on February 17, 2011 at 1:54 AM

MeatHeadinCA on February 17, 2011 at 1:51 AM

no use craigslist instead. the evil Meg the RINO witch is selling FALSE holy water in an attempt to limit Gov Palin’s holy power

unseen on February 17, 2011 at 1:54 AM

I’m not so fortunate to be initiated into the Cult of Palin, YET.

MeatHeadinCA on February 17, 2011 at 1:51 AM

You infidel.

Nevermind, just wash with the holy water, purify your thoughts and then you can come to our cult meetings. Bring a six pack of Guinness and you can be our leader.

Geochelone on February 17, 2011 at 1:56 AM

unseen on February 17, 2011 at 1:54 AM

Yes, I agree. Meggy of Mac is definitely a false prophetess. She is the spawn of the evil Wizard Maverick of Arizona.

MeatHeadinCA on February 17, 2011 at 1:56 AM