Chris Christie at AEI: I might campaign against Republicans who dodge the entitlement issue

posted at 4:46 pm on February 16, 2011 by Allahpundit

Lottttt of excited buzz today on Twitter among grassroots conservatives who watched the speech online as it happened. You can view the whole thing at AEI’s website, but the two clips below capture the spirit of the moment: Straight talk on entitlements, whatever the political cost. In fact, although it’s not included in the clips, he actually went this far:

This afternoon at the American Enterprise Institute, New Jersey governor Chris Christie said he wants House Republicans to “put up or shut up” on entitlement reform and had a message for those candidates he campaigned for in 2010: “If the people who I campaigned for don’t stand up and do the right thing, the next time they’ll see me in their district [it will be] with my arm around their primary opponent,” Christie said. “Because you asked me to put my reputation on the line for you based on a promise that you were going to deal with these hard issues.”

He cites his own positive approval rating in deep-blue New Jersey as proof that the public’s ready to have this debate, but I’m not remotely convinced that that’s true. (Eyeball these numbers, especially the ones among tea partiers.) It’s more true, I think, that the public might be ready for this debate if he leads it, but he joked today that he may have to commit suicide just to prove to people that he really isn’t running. Says Ace:

It is really, really too bad Christie is not running. He is a very effective spokesman. He has something crucial, too: Even though I know he is a politician and I know he therefore deceives for political gain and even though I know he plays to the camera for YouTube videos — he seems like he’s not running for anything. He seems like he’s just hear to tell you the facts and not bullsh*t you at all.

Combine that sort of personal profile with his obvious total command of the higher-brain math and budget issues, and you’ve really got something.

You’ve got authority. Which is ultimately what “gravitas” is. Authority, command.

Yeah, the irony of Christie’s rise to superstardom is that, for all the goofing we do on Democrats and their “messaging” obsession, that’s really his key selling point. Messaging. It’s not that his solutions to Jersey’s budget problems are somehow novel or ingenious, it’s that (a) he’s willing to back the obvious solutions to the hilt, no matter the political risk, and (b) he has a genuine gift for persuading people that this is the right thing to do, notwithstanding the sacrifices involved. And of course, the second point affects the first one: It’s because Christie can sell fiscal conservatism, red in tooth and claw, like virtually no one else that the political risk to him is less than it is to anyone else. Which, of course, is why so many righties want him to run even though he’s so RINO-y on other issues. If he can soften national opinion on entitlement reform, other Republicans will feel safer in speaking up and suddenly you’ve got momentum. Making the world safe for sustainability, one soundbite at a time!

If you can’t spare the time to watch the full speech, Dan Foster at NRO has a full rundown of the key points. He took a few (polite) swipes at Obama too, sometimes directly and sometimes — as in the second clip below, where he talks about failure of leadership — indirectly. According to Politico, which gave him an “A” for the speech, the audience ate up every word. Exit quotation via Foster: “If you want to shut down the government, that’s fine. I’m gonna get in those black SUVs, go to the governor’s residence, go upstairs, open a beer, order a pizza, and watch the Mets.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

That probably accounts for some of Christie’s fame.

ddrintn on February 16, 2011 at 7:43 PM

I agree, to a point…

However, I think what really does it is how strongly he has come out on those issues. Many people tip toe, even in states that have favorable political conditions.

blatantblue on February 16, 2011 at 7:44 PM

I don’t think Christie supporters are saying the only person who can do it is Christie, but I’ll bet my dollar he’s one of a very small few.

blatantblue on February 16, 2011 at 7:42 PM

After only two years you make that sort of judgement? Based on what, rhetoric and YouTube clips? And Palinistas get laughed at for as much.

ddrintn on February 16, 2011 at 7:45 PM

The Palinistas who will NEVER accept anyone else BUT Palin (even if the person satisfies their political scruples).

blatantblue on February 16, 2011 at 7:41 PM

Christie most certainly doesn’t.

blatantblue on February 16, 2011 at 7:42 PM

Name these other few. Is Palin among them or not? If not why not? If so, why aren’t doing more to promote her?

promachus on February 16, 2011 at 7:45 PM

^ I mean, Christie’s great and all, and I really do like the guy. I just wonder how long-lasting his influence will be. I wonder if he’ll be re-elected in 2012, or if he even chooses to run again. I sometimes get the feeling that the rot not only in deep-blue states but in some red states as well may be too far advanced.

ddrintn on February 16, 2011 at 7:46 PM

They carry a lot more weight with the independents than remarks about weight. None of the narrative they have on Palin can be applied to Christie. Or are you still wondering why Palin polls so poorly? You can’t have it both ways. You can’t on one hand say that it is the media’s fault that Palin polls badly, and then say that the media’s attacks on her have no traction. LOL. Either they do or they don’t.

With Christie, being a moderate fiscal conservative from a blue state with no dead moose on his wall, they can’t make him out to be a dimwitted social con hick from the sticks. That’s the difference.

keep the change on February 16, 2011 at 7:07 PM

Firstly, they’ve been attacking Palin since she was picked by McCain. Endlessly railing on her. Christie hasn’t received even a smidgen of what’s she’s faced.

And yeah, I can have it both ways. I don’t feel polls this far out have any bearing. Some are used for the sole purpose of either discouraging prospective candidates or encouraging the ones the media want to run against their Chosen.

Palin has faced endless piles of crap and still only comes out a little bit down from the Chosen one, who’s received endless streams of rainbow farts.

Polls this far out mean very little to nothing to me.

Now let’s fast forward to next year… when we have real candidates running real campaigns.

Whoever wins on the GOP side will face the same treatment Palin has. Period. They might not get the same specific criticisms of course, but whatever slanderous charges are levied against our candidate will be vile and suited just for that person based on their history and character.

So here’s the thing. I want someone who’s battletested. Someone who’s gone through the gauntlet and has come out stronger. I don’t want a pretty shiny candidate that our squishies launch with the unrealistic expectation that they’ll be treated fairly or even close to fairly. I want a proven under pressure person who knows what they’ll face and are willing to do it anyway because they feel led to do so.

Most if not all the criticism against Palin are crap. They are wholly media constructs. The perceptions are the kinds that can be countered by reality. Most people don’t know about Palin’s record or her mad debate skills. They truly think she thinks she can see Russia from her house.

They believe the narrative about her that the left has spent two years creating. But the narrative is a false one that would not bear the scrutiny of a full on campaign where Palin’s calling the shots and isn’t being led around by McCain hacks.

However, Christie’s problems are substantive. GZM. Immigration. Supporting worthless nothings like Castle. Cap and trade. He’s great with unions… but he’s just horrible on pretty much everything else.

I can and will fight against the ridiculous blather that comes from all sides regarding the ridiculous nontroversies the media concocts to hurt Palin because she’s substantively what we need.

And the reality is that if we let the media decide for us who is and isn’t our candidate, we get what we deserve. And frankly, our Republic is doomed because the media will never support anyone who understands the need for real leadership.

powerpro on February 16, 2011 at 7:47 PM

ddrintn on February 16, 2011 at 7:45 PM

Time will truly tell, but at least he’s saying we need to raise the retirement age, and unapologetically, mind you.

Can’t same the same for most GOP politicians.

blatantblue on February 16, 2011 at 7:47 PM

Any Larry Niven fans here? Maybe we should start calling 44 “the Hindmost.”

DrSteve on February 16, 2011 at 7:47 PM

tommylotto on February 16, 2011 at 7:31 PM

I never said any of those things that the other Palinstas said. You responded specifically to my rather bland and innocuous post calling it DUMB. I was merely pointing out that if Pain is damaged goods by way of the media then Christie could become damaged goods by their mischaracterizations as well.

What is so freaking outrageous about that statement? Its a simple rebuttal.

But you went with such hyperbolic rhetoric to my bland post with such things as

She would be a one woman GOP wreaking crew

and

but if Palin runs, our nation is doomed and the last beacon of freedom in the world will fall.

I find that to be an exaggeration of a high order.

All while saying you didn’t want to be dramatic. Sheesh

How is her running going to destroy the western world?

Granted some Palinistas get emotional but you have to remember that attacks and misinformation come everyday; whereas Christie’s have just started.

I just stated above in this thread that I want Christie to run. I have never said he would destroy anything.

My post was reserved and reasonable. You reply was fashioned in the same hyperbolic rhetorical spirit that you accuse others of doing.

I want Christie to run; bt you don’t want Palin to run. And I’m the nutty annoying Palinista.

Geochelone on February 16, 2011 at 7:48 PM

I think Palin is very popular with the right, hated by the left and thought dumb by the center. That means she may very well be able to win the primary, even though she has no chance in hell to win the general. She would be a one woman GOP wreaking crew. She would turn a conservative ascendancy into an eight year Obama presidency after which the majority of the voting population would be dependent upon federal handouts and the trajectory of our nation would be irrevocably upon a disastrous course.

Why do you think the Media Matters shills on here are pushing her with such insane fervor? Gary69palin, like Jenfidel is a paid shill by the opposition.

rickyricardo on February 16, 2011 at 7:53 PM

rickyricardo on February 16, 2011 at 7:53 PM

You’re delusional.

powerpro on February 16, 2011 at 7:54 PM

powerpro on February 16, 2011 at 7:47 PM

Very well defended, calm, reasonable, no name calling and potentially very persuasive.

Geochelone on February 16, 2011 at 7:55 PM

Can’t same the same for most GOP politicians.

blatantblue on February 16, 2011 at 7:47 PM

Dude. palin endorsed the freaking Ryan map. ANd she’s been talking about raising retirement age for ages. I don’t see you shilling for P as you are Christie.

promachus on February 16, 2011 at 7:55 PM

Didn’t call you that, but I’ll specify, to ease your sensibilities..

people such as gary
unseen
those types.

blatantblue on February 16, 2011 at 7:41 PM

No need to be snarky and you don’t need to worry about my “sensibilities”.
I’m one of those Palinisitas “who will NEVER accept anyone else BUT Palin”…and proud of it. :)

Oh and blue….when you do find some other politician that “satisfies my political scruples” let me know will ya…cuz I haven’t been able to.

tencole on February 16, 2011 at 7:57 PM

Geochelone on February 16, 2011 at 7:55 PM

Thanks Geo.

I’m just tired of this blind side people seem to get when it comes to politics.

BTW… I have no problem with Christie running. Let them ALL run, I say.

I’m just not going to base my support on media constructs of who is and isn’t electable, especially since the media is not an honest arbiter in these matters.

And I’m not going to let polls this far out shake my determination to support a conservative in 2012.

I follow leaders, not polls.

Palin/West 2012.

powerpro on February 16, 2011 at 7:58 PM

promachus on February 16, 2011 at 7:55 PM

Have I once posted “CHRISTIE ’12!!!!!!”?

Nope. I don’t think he could win.

However, what I am against is a certain cadre of “conservatives” who come out and gut any politician who isn’t Sarah Palin, even when they say things we should find encouraging.

blatantblue on February 16, 2011 at 7:58 PM

blatantblue on February 16, 2011 at 7:58 PM

Funny. The reverse is true. All we’ve seen so far is Anyone but Sarah campaign going on.

You haven’t answered my question yet. Why haven’t you embraced Palin because she’s ahead of the curve on entitilements regardless of electability? She’s ahead of Christie.

promachus on February 16, 2011 at 8:00 PM

promachus on February 16, 2011 at 7:55 PM

BB is ok. He debates and make good points.

Geochelone on February 16, 2011 at 8:01 PM

promachus on February 16, 2011 at 8:00 PM

I have no problem with her running. If she runs, I’ll support her whole heartedly!

Unlike the Palinistas, I’m open to many people. Some are better than others but, any of our people would represent a massive hope, change, and upgrade when compared to the current slew of dumba$$es in charge.

blatantblue on February 16, 2011 at 8:02 PM

And yes, Sarah is very appealing, when it comes to her political philosophy and outlook.

Do I think she could win? My opinion is in flux. I’m yet to be totally convinced that she has the electability factor among the more general public. Doesn’t make that her fault, though. She does have the media stacked against her.

blatantblue on February 16, 2011 at 8:05 PM

The best thing about the upcoming primaries is that we’ll have a slew of republicans trying to out-conservative one another. Should be entertaining as hell. They’re all going to sound like hard core fiscal cons, so how do we separate the wheat from the chaff?

Their individual political histories, and their reputations on other issues, that’s how.

pugwriter on February 16, 2011 at 8:09 PM

Wisconsin leading the way in efforts to strip public employees of collective bargaining rights.

This is what Christie is trying to do in NJ, ultimately. He is starting with the Teacher’s Unions. baby steps.

Geochelone on February 16, 2011 at 8:13 PM

Trust me, you have never heard so many Milton Friedman, F.A. Hayek, and Adam Smith quotes from politicians as you will during the republican primary campaign.

pugwriter on February 16, 2011 at 8:14 PM

pugwriter on February 16, 2011 at 8:14 PM

Lol…Lol!

tencole on February 16, 2011 at 8:16 PM

pugwriter on February 16, 2011 at 8:14 PM

In Road to Serfdom, Hayek quotes Friedrich Holderlin:
“What has made the state a hell on Earth has been precisely that man has tried to make it his heaven.”

Great quote, has stuck with me since college.

blatantblue on February 16, 2011 at 8:18 PM

Thus we are told that Palin’s “national negatives” are too high for her to be regarded as a viable candidate. But this is to forget that such “negatives” are mainly the result of a coordinated media assault whose effect can be mitigated with time, intelligent pushback and increased exposure on the ground. Presence can counter image and word of mouth can triumph over print. Negatives can be neutralized and even turned into positives. Harry Truman’s whistle-stop tour through the American heartland enabled him to upstage a heavily-favored Tom Dewey in 1948. The cries of “Give ‘em Hell, Harry,” which became his campaign theme, can translate in the present context as “Give ‘em Hell, Sarah,” if she takes her show on the road.

powerpro on February 16, 2011 at 8:30 PM

ROFL……like his support even mattered to people like Castle and Meg whitman.. Chrisite has no clout.

unseen on February 16, 2011 at 9:16 PM

Seriously christie is threatening republicans? His endorsement didn’t matter a hill of beans to any rac ein 2010. show me one race where chrisite’s endorsement mattered. Just one. Please show me one. Who the hell does thia guy think he is? Sarah Palin or something? He has no clout period. Show me one candidate he endrosed, campaigned for and got elected…..

I’ll wait..

unseen on February 16, 2011 at 9:19 PM

keep the change on February 16, 2011 at 7:07 PM

So what? they will make him out to be a bully that doesn’t car eif Grandma eats dogfood, doesn’t care if your kids can’t read. They will play up his ethic roots with “godfather” like talking points. those that continue to look for a candidate that the pres will be nice too need to face reality. This isn’t one because the press is 100% opposed to conservatism (including fiscal) 100% opposed to the consititution and 100% to the american way of life.

Even you need any further evidenc ethat the Press attacks will hit any and all candidates just look at the attacks they are no running agains Hermant Cain.

you people need to get your head out of your as% and understand this. there is no safe candidate. There is no candidate of the gop that the press will love or even like. there is no candidate that the press will not Palinized.

unseen on February 16, 2011 at 9:31 PM

unseen on February 16, 2011 at 9:31 PM

I hear crickets.

Buttercup on February 16, 2011 at 9:35 PM

I’ll wait..

unseen

Unseen, great observation as usual. If this isn’t Christie showing that he is getting too big for his britches..I don’t know what will. I mean, really. With his mushy conservative cred, I don’t know where he gets off threatening anyone. Hey it isn’t that I don’t agree. I just think this guy has a messiah complex..kind of like O. And Ann Coulter isn’t helping. He is coming off too arrogant. Take it from this New Jerseyan…He IS NOT THE great conservative people are making him out too be. We are taken by his tough talk with the unions. But look past it. He is mushy on guns, immigration, abortion, obamacare. And the man backed MIKE CASTLE for pete’s sake. He is way too full of himself. I can’t see how that doesn’t get old …and fast.

Dan Pet on February 16, 2011 at 9:35 PM

unseen that was meant for your earlier post @ 9:19

Buttercup on February 16, 2011 at 9:37 PM

He is way too full of himself. I can’t see how that doesn’t get old …and fast.

Because he’s articulating and standing up to the greatest threat the Republic faces in the first quarter of this decade?

rickyricardo on February 16, 2011 at 9:38 PM

I cannot help loving this mans view on politics, he does have a set of stones that I have never seen on any GOP in the government. I’d take a bullet for this guy. What really gets my goat is why, WHY do we have one man that has the stones to do what he has done in the short amount of time that he has been in office. My God, he is a man that should be in charge to call down those wimps who are in office who have no idea what in hell is going on in the country. The same with Joe the sheriff, Here’s a guy that stands alone among over 34 hundred sheriffs. ONE MAN OVER 34 HUNDRED SHERIFFS. Pitiful. I think we have a few John Waynes in the USA.

mixplix on February 16, 2011 at 9:39 PM

Ricky, I don’t mean his message is going to get old. I mean his tough guy schtick. The “Hey world I am the one you have been waiting for” attitude. It isn’t playing in NJ and it is getting TIRED. PLUS he isn’t a CONSERVATIVE. He is a RINO!!

Dan Pet on February 16, 2011 at 9:42 PM

As usual, you are stating the obvious.

The point is Christie is addressing, with clarity and singleness of purpose, the single greatest threat to the US…..national debt and the entitlement crisis….and he does it live and in color with gravitas…..with no talking points and no web site to hide behind.

rickyricardo on February 16, 2011 at 9:42 PM

rickyricardo on February 16, 2011 at 9:42 PM

It is not gravitas..it is BRAVADO. Big difference. And there is more than just the financial crisis. Why would we waste a conservative ascendency and only tackle one issue. It is the opportunity for the whole “enchilada” as they say. Why settle for a one trick pony. We don’t need to forget the other issues. If there was ever a time for us to get it all..NOW IS THE TIME.

Dan Pet on February 16, 2011 at 9:50 PM

As usual, you are stating the obvious.

rickyricardo on February 16, 2011 at 9:42 PM

Sorry…but no.

First off, national debt and the entitlement crisis is NOT the single greatest threat to the US. It is a great threat…and a serious one…but not the SINGLE GREATEST one. To say this ignores the multitude of other crises…both internal and international…that face our Republic. This includes immigration and the threat of global jihad.

And he sucks on immigration. And he’s squishy on understanding the threat of islamization.

So great… he gets one of the big issues right and he articulates his position on this well. So does Palin. So does Cain.

But I have no confidence that he’s solid on the other major, Republic killing issues we face.

We need someone who gets it across the board, not a one note who seems to be doing that one note quite well.

powerpro on February 16, 2011 at 9:52 PM

powerpro on February 16, 2011 at 9:52 PM

GREAT MINDS think alike. Absolutely correct!!!

I am from NJ and Christie is just TOO MUSHY on TOO MANY issues.

Dan Pet on February 16, 2011 at 9:54 PM

GREAT MINDS think alike. Absolutely correct!!!

I am from NJ and Christie is just TOO MUSHY on TOO MANY issues.

Dan Pet on February 16, 2011 at 9:54 PM

Ha! :)

I’m glad he’s there. He’s making tough choices I think need to be made for New Jersey. But nationally speaking, you’re right. The answer for me is no.

Here’s a great response RE: Christie by the Great One:

powerpro on February 16, 2011 at 9:57 PM

Dan Pet on February 16, 2011 at 9:35 PM

exactly. He couldn’t even make a difference in a race in a neighboring state. His endorsement meant nothing. Jim Demint and Gov Palin had more pull in freaking DE than chrisite did.

unseen on February 16, 2011 at 9:59 PM

HotAir post CPAC Straw poll.

Christie beat Cain 11% to 8%. I found this surprising. Well essentially they are tied; there is a huge margin of error I would think. Hardly scientific. But still, Cain was a CPAC.

Geochelone on February 16, 2011 at 10:00 PM

She does have the media stacked against her.

blatantblue on February 16, 2011 at 8:05 PM

Dude…

…do you understand what that means?

Saltysam on February 16, 2011 at 10:03 PM

unseen that was meant for your earlier post @ 9:19

Buttercup on February 16, 2011 at 9:37 PM

i thought that wasn’t sure. But the point remians. every high profile race Chrisite placed his name too lost. castle, Meg Carly, I think he even enodrsed Rossi. chrisite has no clout in red states and in blue states the dems overrule him. this is the problem with moderates in general. they have no bas eto play to so in the end they become meaningless. chrisite my get the fiscal cons out in the NE but so what they still lose because the dems overwhelm them in in the red states his squishyness tends to make his endorsement meaningless.

Even in purple states like OH and PA his endrosement meant nothing.

unseen on February 16, 2011 at 10:05 PM

rickyricardo on February 16, 2011 at 9:38 PM

No he is missing the problem. He is fighting the spending yet not understanding the root cause of that spending and tha tis socialism. what matter sif he fights for spending decreases when times are tough? when the good times comes again chrisite will be the first to increas espending. If NJ was not in the red chrisite would have no ideology that would make him cut spending, limit government. his whole ethos is cut spending because we can’t afford it. Not because big government is bad, not over any concern of the power and reach of government. He wants to cut spending and lower taxes for the simply reason because we must.

that ethos will stand up for about 10 sec when the coffers are again full and the economy is booming.

unseen on February 16, 2011 at 10:09 PM

I too would like to know of one race Christie endorsed that actually won. He’s very full of himself.

Buttercup on February 16, 2011 at 10:13 PM

rickyricardo on February 16, 2011 at 9:42 PM

And he is doing it without a clear compass of ideology behind him. He is doing it because he must. spending is not the greatest threat. spending is a symptom of the threat we face. Palin understand that threat and is battling the root cause. christe isn’t.

I don’t know how many times I hav eheard Christie say we need to cut spending because we can’t afford it. fine that’s great but what happens to spending under Chrisite when we can afford it? does it increas ehas his pet projects take center stage? this is why pure fiscal cons are to be feared with the levers of power. If the numbers say we can do it then they do it. they have no overriding core beliefs about the nature and power of government. they are hamstrung only by what they can afford at the time…

unseen on February 16, 2011 at 10:13 PM

When I listen to Christie, I hear Reagan in a way. Not as smooth, of course, and perhaps more of a Reagan channeling his inner Gangsta, but a take-it-to-your-ass kind of guy, nonetheless.

Might well be what it’s gonna take to derail the train to nowhere that is Obama.

Yeah, Christie’s weak on gun and illegal immigration issues, both near and dear to my heart, but if we don’t fix the budget and entitlement issues, and deal with it straight up as he is willing to do, I’m not sure my kids will have enough bullets to deal with the coming collapse.

My preference, still, is Herman Cain, but go, Christie, go.

TXUS on February 16, 2011 at 10:14 PM

Republicans should campaign against Christie for his support of Obamacare and Cap and Tax.

That should shut the lard up.

oldyeller on February 16, 2011 at 10:44 PM

As usual, you are stating the obvious.

rickyricardo on February 16, 2011 at 9:42 PM

Obama care is the single greatest threat to the US and Christie support it.

oldyeller on February 16, 2011 at 10:47 PM

rickyricardo on February 16, 2011 at 9:42 PM

Christie supports Obamacare and that is the single greatest threat to the US.

Did Christie forget about his buddy Obamacare??

oldyeller on February 16, 2011 at 10:50 PM

I think you’re right, unless we have a successful Republican president at the time.

OT: Have you received your copy of The Soul of Battle yet? At least I think it was you who said you were ordering it. If not. Oops.

pugwriter on February 16, 2011 at 7:36 PM

I did get it, thanks. Have yet to plow into though. I just finished the other book that came in that same shipment on a research topic that I am interested in.

I will start into it. Let you know how it goes. No kindle version available so I got it in paperback.

Geochelone on February 16, 2011 at 10:57 PM

I would like him to run but he keeps saying no.

Geochelone on February 16, 2011 at 7:30 PM

I’m afraid that once you got past the snappy dialogue about public-sector unions and budgeting, he just wouldn’t sell very well outside the NE.

ddrintn on February 16, 2011 at 7:33 PM

I agree. I wouldn’t vote for him. Its just that I have nothing against him running whereas many have serious issues with Palin even running in the primary and are trying to kneecap her out of an alleged concern for the greater good (of their chosen candidate). How convenient.

Geochelone on February 16, 2011 at 11:13 PM

…do you understand what that means?

Saltysam on February 16, 2011 at 10:03 PM

….?
The media is against…her..

blatantblue on February 17, 2011 at 12:16 AM

BHO = “the one”. Christie = The (Right) one.

Quetzal on February 17, 2011 at 12:40 AM

The media is against…her..

blatantblue on February 17, 2011 at 12:16 AM

LOL.

Well, apparently you like to scratch the surface, but digging is to laborious.

Saltysam on February 17, 2011 at 9:06 AM

Christie supports Obamacare and that is the single greatest threat to the US.

Did Christie forget about his buddy Obamacare??

oldyeller on February 16, 2011 at 10:50 PM

Eh?
Didn’t Christie say he didn’t join the suit because it would go forward without spending NJ money anyway?

Count to 10 on February 17, 2011 at 9:39 AM

Blowhard BS! Christie supported Mike Castle. That says it all.

SilentWatcher on February 17, 2011 at 11:42 AM