Report: Petraeus to be relieved of command in Afghanistan before end of year?

posted at 6:50 pm on February 15, 2011 by Allahpundit

Most of the story’s behind a firewall. All I can give you is this:

General David Petraeus, the most celebrated American soldier of his generation, is to leave his post as commander of US and Nato forces in Afghanistan. The Times can reveal that the Pentagon aims to replace General Petraeus, who was appointed less than eight months ago, by the end of the year. Sources have confirmed that the search for a new commander in Kabul is under way. It forms part of a sweeping reorganisation of top American officials in Afghanistan, which the Obama Administration hopes to present as proof that its strategy does not depend on the towering reputation of one man. “General Petraeus is doing a brilliant job but he’s been going virtually non-stop since 9/11…

If Obama’s now in credit-seeking mode in Afghanistan, things must be going better than we think. As for the Times of London’s “scoop,” WaPo actually reported just this morning that Hillary’s named a new envoy to Afghanistan as part of a systemic turnover in war personnel this year, from Gates’s expected departure as SecDef on down to Petraeus himself. Quote:

But virtually the entire U.S. civilian and military leadership in Afghanistan is expected to leave in the coming months, including Ambassador Karl Eikenberry and the embassy’s other four most senior officials, Gen. David H. Petraeus, commander of the U.S.-led international coalition, and Lt. Gen. David Rodriguez, who runs day-to-day military operations there…

No final decisions have been made, but military officials said that Petraeus, who took command last July, will rotate out of Afghanistan before the end of the year.

The general who replaces Petraeus will have to navigate a tricky relationship with Afghan President Hamid Karzai and Pakistani leaders. Rodriguez, the second-highest officer now in Afghanistan, is widely thought to have a better feel for the ground battle and the personalities of top Afghan government officials than nearly any officer in the U.S. military. Some senior Pentagon officials worry that he lacks the media and political savvy needed for the job.

At Reuters, Myra MacDonald speculates that Petraeus, who’s ramped up the campaign against the Taliban, is being phased out as the White House phases in a negotiation strategy ahead of the 2014 withdrawal deadline. Petraeus had been trying to negotiate too — “talk and shoot,” as David Ignatius dubbed his blueprint — but presumably the thinking is that the Taliban might be more amenable to dealing with a general who hasn’t been hammering them for months. Besides, as MacDonald notes, Mike Mullen’s term as Joint Chiefs chairman is up this year and Obama will need a replacement who not only knows the theater but who can provide him with crucial political cover by blessing the idea of negotiations. And there’s only one man with the credibility to do that.

Exit question: How much longer will he remain in command? Presumably he’ll be there at least until summer for continuity reasons, as the U.S. expects a major spring offensive by the Taliban — especially against local Afghan leaders who have cooperated with NATO.

Comments

WTF is in full gear…

Gohawgs on February 15, 2011 at 6:54 PM

Crossing Fingers in hoping General Petaeus is thinking about higher office.

Lance Murdock on February 15, 2011 at 6:55 PM

Petraeus 2012?

steebo77 on February 15, 2011 at 6:55 PM

Lord forbid anyone should upstage King Obama I.

Maybe King Barry is doing having his “MacArthur” moment so he can be compared to yet another President, Harry Truman.

portlandon on February 15, 2011 at 6:56 PM

DrW on February 15, 2011 at 6:56 PM

Surrender! and Gates guts the military!

This mess will take a decade to clean up!

dhunter on February 15, 2011 at 6:57 PM

Why talk, when you can just kill them?

Personally, I prefer the slaughter strategy. Massive amounts of blood from the enemy never lost a war.

Tim Burton on February 15, 2011 at 6:58 PM

Yeah yeah it’s off topic, but BING has an incredible image on their site right now.

As for Petraeus, I guess PBHO has decided to install himself as Afghan forces commander in his place.

Bishop on February 15, 2011 at 6:59 PM

Memo to Hillary:

This is like the Bat-signal in the sky, if Petraeus is out, get out now. If the Dems are in lockstep behind Obama, then go enjoy your retirement with Bill and Chelsea and Marc, you cannot save the country single handedly.

God Bless the Toops and the women and children of Af-Pak.

God Bless America.

ginaswo on February 15, 2011 at 7:00 PM

Negotiate and Bow, aka the Obama anti-terrorism policy

Schadenfreude on February 15, 2011 at 7:01 PM

Yeah its safe to leave now

In many cases, it said, children were killed or injured when anti-government groups targeted checkpoints and civilian buildings near residential areas.

Ban expressed “grave concern” at the killing of children by armed groups, including the Taliban, on suspicion that they were spies or allegedly associated with or supporting international military forces.

William Amos on February 15, 2011 at 7:01 PM

Hopey is getting all his scream’m com’n home chickens
lined up,

for his 2012 Reelection bid me thinks!!!

canopfor on February 15, 2011 at 7:01 PM

That’s some fallacious logic right there. There’s one thing the Taliban know—and that’s force. Petraeus can kick their ass and make them cower–for the victor takes the spoils and the vanquished take their medicine. Screw what the Taliban thinks is ‘amenable.’ As we drove through the streets of Jalalabad, AF, a hard-as-nails 1SG told me one thing, “there’s one language that these people know around here, and that’s the barrel of the gun–so speak up if you have to.”

Amenability.

ted c on February 15, 2011 at 7:01 PM

I see it more as Petraeus has performed admirably and set things on the right course.

Maybe it is time for someone to take up and finish what the good general has set into motion. He actually did take somewhat of a demotion for his rank, in accepting the job.

Kermit on February 15, 2011 at 7:02 PM

could this be gen. P telling obama ‘if you won’t listen to me, then i’m quitting. find my replacement so i can go home’and listen to some ABBA.
DrW on February 15, 2011 at 6:56 PM

Sorry I couldn’t help myself. ;-)

ProudPalinFan on February 15, 2011 at 7:02 PM

Massive amounts of blood from the enemy never lost a war.

Tim Burton on February 15, 2011 at 6:58 PM

I love it! Sounds like something Patton would say and it belongs on a t-shirt. The perfect gift for the lefty in your life. :)

ThePrez on February 15, 2011 at 7:02 PM

Brave Brave Sir Robin will be Obama’s replacement for Petraeus. Alfred E Newman will be SecDef.

csdeven on February 15, 2011 at 7:03 PM

Obama is sending in General Tso & Colonel Sanders to head up the Afghanistan mess.

portlandon on February 15, 2011 at 7:03 PM

Maybe Petraeus will be allowed to vote

About one-third of overseas troops who wanted to vote in 2010 couldn’t, according to testimony at a House hearing Tuesday.

William Amos on February 15, 2011 at 7:03 PM

William Amos on February 15, 2011 at 7:03 PM

Exit question: How much longer will he remain in command?

If weather-driven OPTEMPO is the deciding factor–then the exit answer is late OCT, earlyish NOV.

ted c on February 15, 2011 at 7:03 PM

Sorry for teh double post

William Amos on February 15, 2011 at 7:03 PM

I’m not sure, but he may just be very tired. He has been in the thick of it since the beginning.

David Petraeus is harder than WoodPecker lips, but every soldier has got to know when it’s time to take a knee.

And I don’t care what this man’s opinion is on any politics. I don’t care if he even runs for public office. He’s a great American.

hawkdriver on February 15, 2011 at 7:04 PM

Hillary and Gates and Petraeus are the ones who understand there is NO PEACE with the Taliban.

Obama, Biden, Kerry (SoS in waiting) and the MFM are all about Peace in Our Time in Af-Pak, and Obama has demonstrably proven how he treats our allies. God Bless the people who helped us if Petraeus leaves.

Without HRC, Gates and Petraeus, peace with the Taliban becomes the end goal.

God things are speeding up now it seems. Obama is really firing on all cylinders. In a bad bad way.

ginaswo on February 15, 2011 at 7:04 PM

He’s a great American.

hawkdriver on February 15, 2011 at 7:04 PM

I agree. I helped him out when he was the DCO or DCS of the 82nd.

ted c on February 15, 2011 at 7:05 PM

Amenability.

ted c on February 15, 2011 at 7:01 PM

HAH! J-bad was “easy” duty!!!

(kidding)

I salute your service again, sir!

hawkdriver on February 15, 2011 at 7:06 PM

Barry is getting set to roll up that carpet to help him with his Red Army pals on the left. Thank you, General, for carrying the weight of a nation. Come on home to your family. We’ll sort out the slackers over here.

Limerick on February 15, 2011 at 7:06 PM

I agree. I helped him out when he was the DCO or DCS of the 82nd.

ted c on February 15, 2011 at 7:05 PM

Ten bucks says your azz was in the back of my aircraft or one of our aircraft at one time or another.

hawkdriver on February 15, 2011 at 7:07 PM

HAH! J-bad was “easy” duty!!!

(kidding)

I salute your service again, sir!

hawkdriver on February 15, 2011 at 7:06 PM

it is when all you have to do is land by the windsock …Heh!

ted c on February 15, 2011 at 7:07 PM

hawkdriver on February 15, 2011 at 7:04 PM

+ 100..Excellent post!..I thank Petraeus and you (plus others) for your service!..:)

Dire Straits on February 15, 2011 at 7:07 PM

hawkdriver on February 15, 2011 at 7:07 PM

just may have been. What’d they call the big exercise, Purple Dragon or something? Did you fly in those?

ted c on February 15, 2011 at 7:09 PM

Petraeus/Cain 2012?

rbj on February 15, 2011 at 7:11 PM

hawkdriver on February 15, 2011 at 7:04 PM

hawkdriver:I second that!!:)

canopfor on February 15, 2011 at 7:11 PM

ted c on February 15, 2011 at 7:05 PM

After an NVG accident in Hawaii with two Blackhawks, I was interviewed by the Fayetteville Observer about our NVG operations at Bragg. Gen. Petraeus sent me a personal email after reading it. Very personable leader.

And never forget that his last words when being carted off a live-fire range after being shot by one of the troops.

“Don’t stop the training.” Seriously tough Dude.

hawkdriver on February 15, 2011 at 7:14 PM

Maybe do it before the Iowa primaries? How does Petraeus/Allen West ticket sound? I know, I’m just mental masturba dreaming.

Dingbat63 on February 15, 2011 at 7:15 PM

Purple Dragon or something? Did you fly in those?

ted c on February 15, 2011 at 7:09 PM

You name it, Purple Dragon, Royal Dragon….UH1s and UH60s.

hawkdriver on February 15, 2011 at 7:15 PM

proof that its strategy does not depend on the towering reputation of one man

Ha. Isn’t that Obama’s strategy on everything….
“this time you’ve got me”.

Scrappy on February 15, 2011 at 7:15 PM

“Don’t stop the training.” Seriously tough Dude.

hawkdriver on February 15, 2011 at 7:14 PM

I remember that accident. Was that where a slingload operation went bad and a rotor of one 60 got into the sling load carried by another and both UH60′s were lost?

I agree. GEN Petraeus is a tough guy. Ambitious and tough.

ted c on February 15, 2011 at 7:17 PM

I don’t think relieved of command is the exact phrase that is applicable here.

txmomof6 on February 15, 2011 at 7:17 PM

it is when all you have to do is land by the windsock …Heh!

ted c on February 15, 2011 at 7:07 PM

Sure, when you land next to the windsock in the Korengal Outpost or Ranchhouse, it’s just a walk in the park Kazanski. We had it sooo easy. :-)

hawkdriver on February 15, 2011 at 7:17 PM

I wish him well, to be safe here at home and rest easy. Our boys and girls will take care of business.

I predict a book on the horizon. Now that will be worth reading. As far as our guys posting here, keep it up! Love to read experiences and camaderie amongst our guys and gals.

It is a dangerous adventure, and a mission accomplished by all of you. My deepest respects *salute*

ps: If I am posting wacky, I have been ill, gone to the doctor, Miss PPF plus a whole city of PA has strep throat, blood tests, whatnot.

ProudPalinFan on February 15, 2011 at 7:18 PM

Not sure I like the idea of the good general being drug through the muck of the Beltway.

Limerick on February 15, 2011 at 7:19 PM

canopfor on February 15, 2011 at 7:11 PM

Hey, guess what I got back yesterday?

I will be sending it again.

I agree. GEN Petraeus is a tough guy. Ambitious and tough.

ted c on February 15, 2011 at 7:17 PM

That was the one. He took the time to say that I “represented the division well.” For an XVIII ABN Corps guy, that really meant a lot.

hawkdriver on February 15, 2011 at 7:20 PM

On the other hand the idea of Petraeus tasking McMaster with sealing the border is pretty tempting.

Limerick on February 15, 2011 at 7:21 PM

hawkdriver on February 15, 2011 at 7:17 PM

do you remember the 2x USAF MH53s that were lost in 2004? Those things had just resupplied us out near Nangalam, it was called FOB Catamount at the time. The LZ was fine there, but something happened on the way back to BAF. I think the 10th MTN CSM was on one of them, IIRC.

ted c on February 15, 2011 at 7:22 PM

S

Only one way to find out.

chemman on February 15, 2011 at 7:22 PM

Dire Straits on February 15, 2011 at 7:07 PM

Then to all those still out there. All of our prayers.

hawkdriver on February 15, 2011 at 7:22 PM

hawkdriver on February 15, 2011 at 7:17 PM

Autopilot.

Everyone knows that Army pukes can barely tie their own boots.

Bishop on February 15, 2011 at 7:23 PM

ted c on February 15, 2011 at 7:22 PM

I only recall the CH47 Guard aircraft that the 10th lost right before we relieved them. Backing up into a hillside to do a two-wheel and the aft rotors hit a tree.

hawkdriver on February 15, 2011 at 7:24 PM

It should be going well, it is Bush’s strategy…

right2bright on February 15, 2011 at 7:25 PM

Then to all those still out there. All of our prayers.

hawkdriver on February 15, 2011 at 7:22 PM

Hear!..Hear!..I salute all those still out there!..Prayers too!..:)

Dire Straits on February 15, 2011 at 7:25 PM

Everyone knows that Army pukes can barely tie their own boots.

Bishop on February 15, 2011 at 7:23 PM

that’s why we get the Marine wives to do it for us.

*ducks*

ted c on February 15, 2011 at 7:26 PM

that’s why we get the Marine wives to do it for us.
*ducks*
ted c on February 15, 2011 at 7:26 PM

Why duck, I’m former Navy. But I’ll still hunt you down on behalf of my old man.

Bishop on February 15, 2011 at 7:28 PM

Massive amounts of blood from the enemy never lost a war.

Tim Burton on February 15, 2011 at 6:58 PM

Except perhaps in Vietnam.

Or in Russia in the 1940s where 20 million people were wiped out, yet it was Hitler who ended up swallowing the cyanide capsule.

Or in Afghanistan in the 1980s where there were massive pools of Afghan blood, yet the Russians didn’t exactly win the war.

factoid on February 15, 2011 at 7:29 PM

I wonder if he has any plans for next year. I can think of a good position for him.

JohnJ on February 15, 2011 at 7:29 PM

Bishop on February 15, 2011 at 7:28 PM

heh!

ted c on February 15, 2011 at 7:30 PM

Gosh, just think the libs can go back to calling him:
GENERAL BETRAYUS again!

Bambi on February 15, 2011 at 7:33 PM

“presumably the thinking is that the Taliban might be more amenable to dealing with a general who hasn’t been hammering them for months.”

If that is the real thought process at work here, I can only say that it is well beyond ignorant.

paragon27x on February 15, 2011 at 7:33 PM

canopfor on February 15, 2011 at 7:11 PM
Hey, guess what I got back yesterday?

I will be sending it again.

hawkdriver on February 15, 2011 at 7:20 PM

hawkdriver: I sent you an e-mail,half an hour ago,what was
the snafu,regarding the send-back!:)

canopfor on February 15, 2011 at 7:33 PM

Army (Marine)helo IFR= I Follow Roads (railroads, etc)

Army Jeppesen’s: Esso roadmaps. (I know, I’m dating myself but I blame Army aviators for the damage they inflicted on my liver because I was stupid enough to have adult beverages a lot with them…great folks by the way!)

Dingbat63 on February 15, 2011 at 7:34 PM

Dingbat63 on February 15, 2011 at 7:34 PM

I think you are confusing damage with bulletproofing.

Limerick on February 15, 2011 at 7:38 PM

So all the ‘experienced’ people will be pulled out and “new” people installed, just at a critical juncture.

Barry and Hillary! been tokin’ again?

GarandFan on February 15, 2011 at 7:41 PM

So it’s over? Petreaus to be replaced by General Negotiator? “Peace with Honor and Respect” talks to be announced later? Did we win? What happened? WTF? Will the Taliban accept our plea for peace? We just hand out blankets and money till 2014?

BL@KBIRD on February 15, 2011 at 7:42 PM

Tuesday, 15 February 2011

Video:

Horsemen Pay Homage to The Blue Angels: Then and Now
*****************************************************

canopfor on February 15, 2011 at 7:45 PM

Continuing the OT: I’m a geezer in an RV at NAS Key West’s park. In front of us is an Army/DOD diving school.

Great show the last few days of CH47′s dropping divers;

Blackhawk’s dropping parachutists in the water and today, Blackhawk’s dropping folks in the water and then making another pass and they rope ladder up.

Seeing the parachutes brought a tear to my eye but that was 40 years and 30 pounds ago…I’d be a heavy drop today.

All I could think of is the crew chief’s P&Ming about what they had to do to clean the salt spray off the birds.

Dingbat63 on February 15, 2011 at 7:48 PM

Dingbat63 on February 15, 2011 at 7:48 PM

I would love to do a water jump. No helmet. shorts, tshirts. sigh

ted c on February 15, 2011 at 7:51 PM

Or a general who has not been hammering them for months would be more likely to negotiate “peace” for Obama?

Wethal on February 15, 2011 at 7:54 PM

Horsemen Pay Homage to The Blue Angels: Then and Now
*****************************************************

canopfor on February 15, 2011 at 7:45 PM

+ 100..Thank you friend!..Beautiful video! ..Thanks for posting it!..:)

Dire Straits on February 15, 2011 at 7:59 PM

Petreaus Betrayed! Where can we set up a fund for a full page New York Times page?

SC.Charlie on February 15, 2011 at 8:04 PM

Petraeus should pull a Jon Huntsman.

ted c on February 15, 2011 at 8:04 PM

We must be killin too many Tallybon and Pokystonys so the Fraud in Chief is gonna side with his Muslim Bruthas and surrender, pull out, retreat, run, negotiate away our victory, earn some Mooslim respect!

dhunter on February 15, 2011 at 8:05 PM

I would love to do a water jump. No helmet. shorts, tshirts. sigh ted c on February 15, 2011 at 7:51 PM

At Bragg we called them “Hollywood Jumps”. Didn’t care…got several of them in without screwing with the Air Force for hours and hours and they jumped you higher so you had a nice, scenic ride. Could even get away with a standing landing (no PLF and no Article 15)! Sorry for the OT

Dingbat63 on February 15, 2011 at 8:06 PM

Dingbat63 on February 15, 2011 at 8:06 PM

I know, we did Hollywoods occasionally. I would never try a standup landing. I would be ‘that guy’ if you know what I mean.

ted c on February 15, 2011 at 8:09 PM

canopfor on February 15, 2011 at 7:45 PM
==========
+ 100..Thank you friend!..Beautiful video! ..Thanks for posting it!..:)

Dire Straits on February 15, 2011 at 7:59 PM

Dire Straits:A great piece of US History!:)

canopfor on February 15, 2011 at 8:23 PM

Dire Straits:A great piece of US History!:)

canopfor on February 15, 2011 at 8:23 PM

Agree!..:)

Dire Straits on February 15, 2011 at 8:26 PM

I think we can rule that out.

Murphy9 on February 15, 2011 at 8:59 PM

So maybe he is running for President. That might be interesting.

petunia on February 15, 2011 at 9:02 PM

Yahweh, David Petraeus
Would never okay the way you do your thing
Ding ding ding, ding ding ding
And you’ll get yours, David Petraeus
Coddlin’ and sidin’ with that Islam stuff like you do
Boo hoo hoo, boo hoo hoo

Where have you gone, George S. Patton?
America turns its longing eyes to you
What’s that you say, David Petraeus?
You have banished ‘ol Blood and Guts far far away
Hey hey hey, hey hey hey

Coo coo ca-choo, David Petraeus
Mohammad appreciates you more than you will know
Woo woo woo, woo woo woo
You think Allah blesses you, yes, David Petraeus
And that he may grant mercy to those who our Forefathers betray
Hey hey hey, hey hey hey

Cheshire Cat on February 15, 2011 at 9:04 PM

Michael Yon is reporting something slightly different.

I think that I will wait for his more accurate report.

Kermit on February 15, 2011 at 9:11 PM

If this is true: what unbelievable hubris.

Obama can’t be this stupid, can he?

Obama really can’t be this stupid, can he?

Definitely what you want to do before you enter into negotiations with the enemy – give them a sign that you are not going to hammer them as hard anymore. Yes, make your bargaining position weaker. What a great idea. Why didn’t anyone think of this before?

Unbelievable.

Dreadnought on February 15, 2011 at 9:15 PM

Petraeus/McChrystal

Vengeance is ours.

ted c on February 15, 2011 at 9:37 PM

I really do not like this, that position has been on a rotation ever since Obama got in office. There is something not in the story. I can not think of a General who is capable of replacing Petraeus. The Command Structure needs to be more stable than replacing a General after eight months.

old war horse on February 15, 2011 at 9:59 PM

All POTUS needs to do is appoint General Petraeus to:
- Chairman, Joint Chiefs of Staff (JCS)
- Vice-Chairman, JCS, or
- Chief of Staff, US Army (COS, USA)
- Vice COS, USA
and he will be out of the “political” picture for 2012… These are all 4 star billets, and confirmation would be “easy”… I could have screwed up the last one, being a Navy guy and unfamiliar with the Army 4 star system (Vice COS or Deputy COS, not sure which)

I’m just saying…

Khun Joe on February 15, 2011 at 10:57 PM

Except perhaps in Vietnam.

We didn’t spill massive amounts of blood there. The HCM Trail was relatively safe to travel and strikes in Hanoi were limited. I know, because I have a personal friend and boss who flew missions and complained about seeing the enemy and not being allowed to hit them due to ROEs.

When Nixon started massive bombings that is when Hanoi came to the table. The problem was that Hanoi was just using that as a reloading strategy. Rather, Nixon should have removed all ROEs in NV (which there were many) and let them hit anything and everything, when they came to the table, they should have been told that the bombings don’t stop till they sign the paper.

Problem again was Hitler didn’t spill enough blood. Rather, he was focused on spilling Jewish Blood rather than Soviet Blood. Also, 20 million when looked at the population size was just not massive enough in context.

Ironically, they kinda fought that war like we did Vietnam, when they had to spill blood they did, but they sure didn’t put into practice carthago delenda est. Rather they tried to conquer, yet not destroy strategy. Huge mistake.

factoid on February 15, 2011 at 7:29 PM

Tim Burton on February 16, 2011 at 12:15 AM

Fixed the format.

Tim Burton on February 16, 2011 at 12:16 AM

DrW on February 15, 2011 at 6:56 PM

Yup, something along that line. My bet is Øbama is getting ready to pull the plug on Afghanistan, and Petraeus needs to get outta there if he wants to avoid a showdown.

petefrt on February 16, 2011 at 6:28 AM

Autopilot.

Everyone knows that Army pukes can barely tie their own boots.

Bishop on February 15, 2011 at 7:23 PM

Well, I know that Navy pilots drank too much.

Shoot, how did that song go?

And Coors away my Dear, And Coors away!

hawkdriver on February 16, 2011 at 8:41 AM

A more graphic demonstration of the seemingly congenital stupidity of Obama and the people he surrounds himself with, when it comes to all things military, you should not need. Petraeus is probably viewed as ‘Bush’s general’ and a ‘holdover from the Bush Administration’, and now they just can’t tolerate his presence, anymore. His successes and popularity (far higher than Obama’s, and many other asinine liberals’: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/iraq/article4281811.ece#cid=OTC-RSS&attr=797093) just can’t be tolerated, anymore, and they’ve got to start stealing credit for their work. They were too stupid to realize that putting him in his current position was a terrible demotion (http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2010/06/24/128081559/gen-david-petraeus-gets-a-demotion), or too blinded by their leftist, partisan bulls*hit to care, considering how it affected thousands of Soldiers and Marines under United States Central Command. Talk of relieving him of duty during wartime, when he is running an efficient machine shows very graphically how clueless, stupid and non-committed to victory the Dalai Obama and the democrats are. And part of the reason is because he’s too hard on terrorists? I guess this shouldn’t be surprising, coming from a president that is friends with a murderous, military-hating, racist bigot of a domestic terrorist, Ayers. I guess this shouldn’t surprise me, considering we’re dealing with the same clueless, un-American, anti-American manchild that supports the murderous, bloodthirsty, falafel eating killers of islam, advocating ‘mainstreaming’ terrorist organizations like the Taliban and the Muslim Brotherhood, and ceding ground to them, as quickly as possible. If anybody needs to be relieved of command, it’s the Dalai Obama, Greasy Joe, Clinton, and Goofy Gates.

Virus-X on February 16, 2011 at 8:57 AM

Virus-X on February 16, 2011 at 8:57 AM

I’m glad I’m not the only one that thinks Gates is an idiot.

hawkdriver on February 16, 2011 at 9:09 AM

Bear in mind that the Pretender in Chief promised to EXIT Iraq and the Stans. Not Win anywhere or even give the slightest appearance of US Strength. Dave Petraeus will have nothing to be ashamed of for the incompetence at Levels above His Pay Grade. This is Just the Pretender meddling in Things that are WAY Above his Mental Pay Grade, as usual.

old trooper2 on February 16, 2011 at 3:00 PM