Horrendous: CBS reporter brutally sexually assaulted during Cairo protests

posted at 4:57 pm on February 15, 2011 by Allahpundit

It’s not entirely clear what happened, but it’s clear enough. Unspeakable.

On Friday February 11, the day Egyptian president Hosni Mubarak stepped down, CBS correspondent Lara Logan was covering the jubilation in Tahrir Square for a 60 MINUTES story when she and her team and their security were surrounded by a dangerous element amidst the celebration. It was a mob of more than 200 people whipped into frenzy.

In the crush of the mob, she was separated from her crew. She was surrounded and suffered a brutal and sustained sexual assault and beating before being saved by a group of women and an estimated 20 Egyptian soldiers. She reconnected with the CBS team, returned to her hotel and returned to the United States on the first flight the next morning. She is currently in the hospital recovering.

Logan wasn’t the only reporter in danger while covering the protests. Katie Couric and Brian Williams ended up leaving Egypt early because of the risk and Anderson Cooper freely admitted to being scared despite sticking it out for a few more days. Couric later told Howard Kurtz about an episode where she too was surrounded and shoved by an enraged lunatic. I wonder how close she came to Logan’s fate.

In an ideal world the army would have shot the attackers on the spot, but you can imagine the chaos that would have broken out in the Square if Egyptian soldiers suddenly started firing on people. As it is, were there even arrests made? And why does CBS’s statement feel compelled to note that the mob had been “whipped into frenzy”? Crowds at all sorts of events get pretty frenzied, but good luck trying that with a judge if you use it as a pretext to join in on a mass sexual assault.

Needless to say, the way journalists cover these events is going to change dramatically. And even more needless to say, America will never see those protests the same way again.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

This in a Muslim country that has a rate of 80 to 90 percent of female genital mutilation for religious reasons. If any region of the world needed an Age of Reason and small L liberalism it is the Muslim world.

SC.Charlie on February 15, 2011 at 7:32 PM

Actually female genital mutilation predates Islam in Egypt and Sudan. It is not done on the Arabian Peninsula or Iran and Muslims in other areas think it is barbaric.

lexhamfox on February 15, 2011 at 7:44 PM

I meant all me who rape…not ALL men.

fastestslug on February 15, 2011 at 6:59 PM

Was that a typo, or do you mean that?

right2bright on February 15, 2011 at 7:47 PM

Yes because this thread is clearly about those nasty Arabs and not about the RAPE of Lara Logan.

fastestslug on February 15, 2011 at 7:35 PM

What on earth is your problem? You are making all kinds of outrageous statements. You are starting to sound like a bitter man-hater, and you really need to follow Miss Annthrope’s advice and get some perspective.

JannyMae on February 15, 2011 at 7:47 PM

rwenger43 on February 15, 2011 at 7:07 PM

Just to be clear I was referring to your comment that the world loved us then. It really wasn’t easy to be American overseas when he President. Sorry if that came out wrong.

lexhamfox on February 15, 2011 at 7:25 PM

Actually, my bad. I intended a sarc/ tag but figured my sardonic twist conveyed it.

When savages “like” you, you need the US Cavalry just over the horizon.

rwenger43 on February 15, 2011 at 7:48 PM

No, America will continue to see these protests the exact same way it does now. Conservatives grounded in reality will continue to understand that despite what politically correct term you use, the Third World is still the Third World and the wild growth of technology over the past 50 years has not caused these countries to evolve socially at the same rate. In almost all cases the rapid advance of technology has made these cultures closer and more dangerous and no longer exotic far off places. And the knee jerk, post modern, moral relativists and the dense, shallow run of the mill liberals will find a way to blame America for this kind of savagery.

peacenprosperity on February 15, 2011 at 7:51 PM

You’re an idiot if you think I meant literally all men rape. I meant all me who rape…not ALL men.

fastestslug on February 15, 2011 at 6:59 PM

Not my fault you can’t write…if you want to see an idiot look in the morror dearie…

CCRWM on February 15, 2011 at 7:57 PM

1. There’s a huge difference between deserving/asking for it and making oneself vulnerable.

2. This never happened to Irving R. Levine.

John Deaux on February 15, 2011 at 7:59 PM

rwenger43 on February 15, 2011 at 7:48 PM

I just regretted my comment coming across as an incoherent personal attack and wanted to avoid that. It was my mistake.

lexhamfox on February 15, 2011 at 7:59 PM

To lexhamfox on February 15, 2011 at 6:00 PM
About the brutal sexual assault you said that “Western history abounds with examples of the same thing and it is well documented in every culture.To blame the victim as some are doing here is outrageous.”

In islamic states it is usually the victim who is punished for being raped, so it is in islamic culture where they totally blame the victim .It does not happen in western countries . In fact I don’t understand what are you talking about when you say “western history abounds with examples of the same thing ” , the SAME THING ??? 200 men sexually assaulting a women ?? I have never seen that . Maybe because in western society rape is seen as something horrible , in islamic culture it is not .

Maybe that is why in european countries with massive islamic populatioon ( usually from morocco ) rape is so usual. As a retired french police inspector said ,in the area where he was working as police more than 80% of rapes were comited by young muslims , but those data are hidden because of political correcteness . And in every european country the data are similar.
I know that rape is not only a muslim thing … for example , in the sencond world war the soviet army did it sistematically … but the soviet army did not follow the principles that drives the western culture . The soviet army was rotten by communism , they do rape as if it were something right to do , because they really were teached that it was the right thing to do , as if it were another way to wage war and punish their enemies … The same happens in islam , they are teached that it is not always wrong … because mohammed did teach that !!! They were teached that raping a infidel is just another way to wage war .

Ah , and also you said about genital mutilation “Christian’s in Egypt also practice female genital mutilation so you might want to think again on this.”
You forgot to mention that they do it because they are forced to do so by the muslim society , the same that they are forced to hide their religious practices or suffer the consecuences . It is bad to be a dhimmi under islamic rule … hope you never had to suffer it.

MiguelAngel on February 15, 2011 at 8:03 PM

When savages “like” you, you need the US Cavalry just over the horizon.

rwenger43 on February 15, 2011 at 7:48 PM

I’ve found out that parking a Nimitz class carrier just offshore works wonders on settling the natives. Of course, it helps more when they know you have a CinC that will launch the aircraft.

TugboatPhil on February 15, 2011 at 8:04 PM

Apparently this story isn’t that important to FNC or Shep Smith; they haven’t mentioned anything about it.

Erich66 on February 15, 2011 at 7:26 PM

They did and Shep made very kind remarks and well wishes for her from the entire Fox staff.

Knucklehead on February 15, 2011 at 8:08 PM

If the woman attacked had been anyone else except a member of the press, the press would be all over it for details and more details.
How about they show the same respect and privacy for victims, even if they aren’t members of the press?
I don’t want to invade her privacy any more than I want her invading anyone elses. Get ready, when she tells her story, ratings bonanza. Don’t think for one second CBS isn’t preparing for it, and hoping for it.

JeffinOrlando on February 15, 2011 at 8:09 PM

“… a Nimitz class carrier … you have a CinC that will launch the aircraft.
TugboatPhil on February 15, 2011 at 8:04 PM”

So true, ‘Tug’. Nothing like some gunboat diplomacy to settle the natives. Alpha Strikes have a way of soothing savage beasts. We need more gunboats with CinC’s willing to release the balloon.

JimP on February 15, 2011 at 8:15 PM

MiguelAngel on February 15, 2011 at 8:03 PM

That simply is not true and even the Copts who are trying to stamp out the practice don’t cite pressure from Muslims as the reason for some people continuing to cling to this tradition. There are plenty of papers out there along with rulings from secular and sharia courts on the matter.

lexhamfox on February 15, 2011 at 8:15 PM

My heart goes out to Lara in the wake of the unspeakable horror she went through. This should be (but it wont) a wake up call to the journalists that they cover the REAL world, not the PC insulated world they like to portray. Commen sense, I would like to think, would dictate that a press badge is not going to stop a mob of anyone, much less a massive group unhappy or now jubilent citizens who just overthrew their government. There are alot of people in the world who really dont like America, any of it, not just George Bush.

Koa on February 15, 2011 at 8:15 PM

My prayers go out to Ms. Logan. She bravely survived her ordeal and I wish her well. God grant her peace during her recovery from this barbarous, savage crime.

Religion of peace, my foot. Were the beasts who attacked her arrested? Doubt it.

Philly on February 15, 2011 at 8:21 PM

How many reporters were raped when the Berlin Wall fell?

profitsbeard on February 15, 2011 at 8:27 PM

Wasn’t last Friday the same day that Obama walked on water and saved Egypt? Wow, what a coincidence.

Maybe if the media reported the actual news, the following would be common knowledge?

a study by the Egyptian Centre for Women’s Rights reported that 83 percent of women experienced harassment – and that 98 percent of foreign women visitors did. And 62 percent of men admitted to perpetrating it.

shanimal on February 15, 2011 at 8:41 PM

Religion of Piece.

Piece of reporter tail that is.

This is horrible and further proof why women should not ever be in war zones!

esnap on February 15, 2011 at 8:54 PM

In the end, they are animals.You see it in the supposed educated ones in California that shouted down the speaker in 2010. Cant even domesticate them.

WoosterOh on February 15, 2011 at 8:55 PM

According to Islamic Philosophy, She was properly raped and the men who did this were following their holy book. See I listen the Muslims themselves instead of the PC translators though out this thread and liberal news outlets. A quick search on the meaning of Dhimmi and found this article.

Are you kidding me. This is not a religion of peace. I’m in shock that anyone could be or condone Islam. I have yet to read any aspect of this religion that i could get behind or relate with. Can anyone give me one thing that I may celebrate with Islam. For instance I’m Christian and when I read about Buddhism I find many correlations and valuable lessons.

serendip2b on February 15, 2011 at 9:09 PM

To lexhamfox on February 15, 2011 at 8:15 PM

In Egypt the genital mutilation it is nearly mandatory ,especially in country areas , and if you do not bend to that practice you could have problems , the same way that the christians must bend to other “dhimmitudes” , not because it is really mandatory … but because it could keep you safer in that islamic country.
And don’t try to fool people saying that the genital mutilation is seen as a barbaric practice in islamic countries, I will tell you a little example of how usual it is the genital mutilation in islamic culture …
In Morocco the genital mutilation it is not mandatory , but is their culture, and it is allowed , and it is something “good” .
Here in Spain genital mutilation it is illegal( even if some socialist s.o.b try to defend it as a “cultural behavior” because of their political correctness , socialist are socialist everywere ).
Some morocan families go to Moroco to practice genital mutilation to their little girls because it is considered a crime in Spain so they can’t do it here .
That is so usual that we even need to impose some laws and “protocols” to protect those little girls .
Sadly there still are many muslims parents that take those little girls to Morocco to practice them the genital mutilation they can not practice here , then they return to Spain .And that happens too in other european countries with their islamic population, it is something usual even if they live in a civilized society because they keep the islamic culture with them .

MiguelAngel on February 15, 2011 at 9:11 PM

Think of how differently this would be covered had this tragedy been perpetrated by a mob of Christians.

DaMav on February 15, 2011 at 9:14 PM

As a rape victim in high school, I REALLY take offense at suggesting that ONLY rapes are committed by Muslims. Or that it was because of religion. My attacker was a white male and I know a girl who was raped at girl scout camp.
Rape and the reasons for it are universal.
I hope and pray counseling will help her. It didn’t help me but sometimes it can help some women.
fastestslug on February 15, 2011 at 5:45 PM

nice thought but it comes down to percentages

where would you feel safer?

Sonosam on February 15, 2011 at 9:22 PM

MiguelAngel on February 15, 2011 at 9:11 PM

but multiculturalism is good

Sonosam on February 15, 2011 at 9:24 PM

These were not Mubarak supporters. I suspect that Anderson Cooper blamed the wrong people for his assault.

unclesmrgol on February 15, 2011 at 9:26 PM

I used to work with a woman at the Defense Intelligence Agency who went to Cairo, Egypt back in the 80′s. A man stabbed her to death in the lobby of the five-star hotel she was staying in. The Egyptian police said it was a lunatic. Could be. I doubt anyone knew of her job or that she was Jewish, so I doubt it was an assassination. Still, was the man a lunatic or just another frenzied jihadist out to kill a tourist? Or do I repeat myself?

NNtrancer on February 15, 2011 at 9:34 PM

I’ve noticed that Arab women aren’t around too much during the rockfights

could be they know something about their primates

Sonosam on February 15, 2011 at 9:35 PM

To fastestslug on February 15, 2011 at 5:45 PM

You said “As a rape victim in high school, I REALLY take offense at suggesting that ONLY rapes are committed by Muslims. Or that it was because of religion.”
I really sorry you suffered such a vile crime , but at least you have not been jailed because you were raped.
In islamic coutries islamic courts condemn the victims just because those courts follow their islamic laws or “sharia inspired laws”.
In our culture we are sorry for your suffering as a victim , we feel deep disgust for the criminal that rape you , and the legal system pursue and punish those criminals.
So the culture and the religion that inspires that culture is what makes the difference , sometimes such a big difference that a victim could become the punished , and the criminal could go away with it as if he has done anything wrong.
I wish the best to you , and I hope you could overcome such a awful experience.

MiguelAngel on February 15, 2011 at 9:39 PM

Next time send Helen Thomas. No problem.

NNtrancer on February 15, 2011 at 9:39 PM

CCRWM on February 15, 2011 at 7:57 PM

What’s a morror dearie?

itsspideyman on February 15, 2011 at 9:51 PM

To Sonosam on February 15, 2011 at 9:24 PM

You reply to me ( with evident sarcasm ^^ ) “but multiculturalism is good”
I will reply without sarcasm to make an advice … look at Europe , look what happen when you aply that sonsensical multiculturalism madness … and don’t feel safer there in the USA because you could think your political or “cultural” system is diferent or anything like that , because Germany , England or France were too countries with “solid” culture and principles ( well at least Germany and England ¬¬ … just joking … in case there are any french people reading me ¬¬ ) , and their leaders have just recongnize that multiculturalism failed miserably . Merkel , Cameron , Sarkozy … they say it clearly because they can not continue to hide the facts ( I don’t expect our socialist goverment say the same … but at least our former prime minister Aznar said it too)
So be careful because the lefties are as bad there in the USA as here , the lefties policies are as wrong here as there … and the muslim fanatics have the same objectives there in the USA as here in Europe. Maybe you at least have some more time to change course , we have crashed already .

MiguelAngel on February 15, 2011 at 9:56 PM

MiguelAngel

Thank you Miguel, we need to hear it. Often.

JAM on February 15, 2011 at 10:19 PM

MiguelAngel on February 15, 2011 at 9:39 PM

I would suggest that you look into the subject and look at the research and numerous campaigns against FGM so you have a more informed position on why and where it is done. There are many resources available on this important topic. There are a number of NGOs specifically tasked with this issue and their reports and campaigns are freely available in English. I have yet to meet a socialist or any Europeans who think the practice is acceptable for any reason. Your assertion that it is ‘Islamic’ flies in the face of the facts. Spain does not have a problem with Morocco as it is extremely rare and only practiced among Berbers from Mauritania who are in Morocco. Morocco has led the Islamic campaign against the practice as evidenced by the Rabat Declaration. Spain does have a problem with Somalian and Gambian immigrants.

lexhamfox on February 15, 2011 at 10:40 PM

Spain does not have a problem with Morocco

Good thing that you are here to tell him about his own country. You keep reading those reports by liberal government and ngo workers, I’ll listen to Miguel. I’m amazed how almost nearly 100% of the time people like you make the rest of the world sound like enlightened, misunderstood gentle souls yet everytime I talk to someone from belgium, south africa,england and even canada (just to name the few I can recall over the past year)I hear what hell on earth is really like and in what horrible danger we are in. It really is a small world and it is getting smaller, closing in by the day. Western civilization is being destroyed and fools like you just keep calling the rest of us ignorant.

peacenprosperity on February 15, 2011 at 10:58 PM

Young liberal women (and women in general), take note: pie-in-the-sky notions of equality don’t mean diddly to a bunch of horny savages.

An attractive young white blond going into a nation like that (especially in a state of chaos) is about like dropping a diamond in a street full of beggars – likely prettier than anything else they’ve seen, and they’ll be after it.

Dark-Star on February 15, 2011 at 11:20 PM

MiguelAngel on February 15, 2011 at 9:56 PM

Bona nit des de Miami, Miguel (my mother is from Catalunya). Thank you for your perspective. I’ve heard similar stories/arguments from my family in Tarragona and Valencia. The problem of multiculturalism is one that clear thinking Europeans have been coming to grips with recently.

Demosthenes on February 15, 2011 at 11:30 PM

Sorry for her but stupid is as stupid does. After all we’re talking about a mob where their idea of civilization hasn’t changed for over 13 centuries. Where an ‘unprotected’ woman is fair game for their evil doings and where young men are encouraged to either convert women via forced marriage or to rape them.

Will this be a wakeup call for the liberals? Sadly no, because an enemy of the US is their friend. Will this be a wakeup call for the journo in question? We can only hope so.

AH_C on February 15, 2011 at 11:32 PM

Will this be a wakeup call for the journo in question? We can only hope so.

AH_C on February 15, 2011 at 11:32 PM

I bet it got her attention

Roy Rogers on February 16, 2011 at 12:04 AM

Terrorists and anti-American mobs do not care about your political sympathy or leaning. They attack you because you are an American. We should take that to heart while we are fighting our political battles within the country. Barry and the Dems might want to take your money, the mobs and terrorists of the world want to take your like, We should not lose sight of our common enemies. And to appease or show weakness like Barry does is to invite more hostile actions against Americans.

bayview on February 16, 2011 at 12:07 AM

Spain does not have a problem with Morocco

peacenprosperity on February 15, 2011 at 10:58 PM

This is about eradicating a barbaric tradition everywhere and has nothing to do with multiculturalism. We should make every effort to stop it in Egypt and Sudan if it is part of their local tradition.

lexhamfox on February 16, 2011 at 1:16 AM

Lara Logan has reported on A-stan for a long while and knows what’s what there. She was for the surge and Petraeus, so she is no idiot. And yes, she was involved with some reporter there and had a baby.

Hope she recovers well.

I hate to be dense, but the “assault” then was rape?

PattyJ on February 16, 2011 at 1:21 AM

I never saw the protests for what the Lamestream Media portrayed them as…

My thoughts and prayers go out to Ms. Logan… NOBODY “deserves” that…

Khun Joe on February 16, 2011 at 1:55 AM

So what would you expect from all hot and lathered up Muslim “young adults”? She probably was “uncovered meat” on their sexual tables. She was foolish for being there. And the Muslims were typically despicable Muslims following the Qur’an.

{O.O}

herself on February 16, 2011 at 3:13 AM

This is barbarism, pure and simple.

Ignoring barbarians at the gate has not proven an effective plan in the past.

Adjoran on February 16, 2011 at 4:17 AM

I hate to be dense, but the “assault” then was rape?

PattyJ

Folks here are assuming that’s the case, but no one knows. Sexual assault doesn’t necessarily mean rape.

xblade on February 16, 2011 at 4:56 AM

A little scarce on details, aren’t they?

ButterflyDragon on February 16, 2011 at 5:33 AM

You said “I’m not sure how you managed to miss that aspect. Women in Tanzania are not being mutilated because of Muslim pressure and perpetrating that kind of lie makes the practice harder to stop.”
As everytime there are some problem with islam the only solution is … not to criticize islam because it makes the problem harder to stop !!! . If you want to fight terrorism you need to not talk about islamic terrorism , if you want to fight against honor killings you must not talk about honor killings in islam , etc … bah
But the true solution to a problem is never to hide it . And even if in afrika some minority of tribes practice Female Genital Mutilation does not change the fact that islam is the main “reason” there are FGM , it is not a small number of people from a tribe in tanzania … it is a great number of people in morocco , egypt , sudan , somalia , afganistan , etc . And it is like this because islam justify that kind of practice the same way that islam justifies the opression of women in so many other ways , from putting them inside a bag called burka … to rape little girls that are forced into marriage following the teachings of mohammed who married the 6 year old aysha when he was 54 years old.( to live with the criminal that rape you must be something so terrible … )
And in Spain we do have a problem with morocco , in fact too many problems because as any other european country we do that multiculturalism thing that allow those problem to happen . And one of those problems is the opression of women by muslims families , and amongst the worst forms of opression is the genital mutilation . And it is such an usual practice by muslims families in morocco that even we needed to aply “protocols” and laws to protect those girls .Don’t blame “subsahara people” , maybe you could fool hot air readers that do no live in Europe , but those black african people from below morroco are not a big source of problems ,maybe because they are not usually muslims , they usually are good people .
Anyway , it seems you just want to apologize islam even blaming other people for what muslims are doing … first the copts christians in egypt , now african people and berbers in mauritania BUT NOT muslims morocans ( wich is a great lie ) , etc … that kind of behavior is usual when talking about islam … for example , the islamic terrorist are not to blame for their crimes , it is their infidel victims who are responsible for the terrorism … but … If people like you don’t accept there is a problem in islam … why should we trust in your will to solve that problem?

MiguelAngel on February 16, 2011 at 6:31 AM

To peacenprosperity on February 15, 2011 at 10:58 PM

What you said is true , and it is a common leftist behavior, but it is too a common muslim behavior … they just act as the holders of truth , even deniying the “true truth” you can see with your own eyes … how many times have we heard muslims ( or leftist ) deniying the facts just with assertions ? it is common practice.

To Demosthenes on February 15, 2011 at 11:30 PM

Bon dia ! ( catalonian for “buenos dias” if some of you wonder what it means ). You said you have family in several spanish regions as Cataluña … in fact it was the Mossos d’Squadra one of the first law enforcer corps that start aplying some protocols to do something against the female genital mutilation by muslim families .And they did it because in Cataluña there are a large morocan population anmd the problem of FGM was important because the morocan population continue to do what their culture shows them .

Also ,it was some catalonian city councils the first to pass some laws to forbid the hijab and burka .
What I mean is that there are real problems , not just isolated cases of morocan families practicing female gentital mutilation, and I am sure you have heard about those things from your family in Spain. But some people here in this thread will tell us that it is not true … just because they say it .

And JAM , thanks to you for reading me .

MiguelAngel on February 16, 2011 at 6:40 AM

So, this lexhamfox person is an arrogant lefty? Well, that explains a lot!

Blake on February 16, 2011 at 7:35 AM

I just read a report that a CBS spokesperson said the assault didn’t involve “rape”. What the heck happened?

David in ATL on February 16, 2011 at 8:14 AM

lexhamfox on February 15, 2011 at 7:44 PM

No offense, but I’m not taking your word on that.

olesparkie on February 16, 2011 at 8:15 AM

Sarah Palin and her “Lamestream Media” rhetoric are obviously to blame.

CDeb on February 15, 2011 at 5:00 PM

Please stop interjecting SP into every thread – Your comment is no less insensitive than the ones made by liberals that blamed her for the Giffords tragedy.

JFS61 on February 16, 2011 at 8:27 AM

America will never see those protests the same way again.

You got that right, but I started to see the viciousness of some of the protesters when they charged in on horses and camels and started looting artifacts, so I was never of the impression that this was an entirely peaceful process. This, however, was a truly barbaric and despicable act and I can only hope there will be some justice for those responsible.

scalleywag on February 16, 2011 at 8:43 AM

It’s horrible what happened. However, I doubt it was rape. Otherwise it would have been reported as such. Sexual assualt is still horrible but let’s call it what it actually is. Nowadays slapping a woman on the butt is considered sexual assualt. For all we know that’s all that happened as far as the “sexual assualt”. The “brutal” part likley referred to the beating itself.

Trust me, if it was rape it would have been reported as such. Anyway to boost those “rape” statistics.

DethMetalCookieMonst on February 16, 2011 at 8:44 AM

Thank you for that. I was at a fraternity party. I was young and stupid and in a place I should not have been. It just never occurred to me that anyone would hurt me…and I think they were drinking and sometimes when guys get together they will do things in packs that they would never do alone.

Question. Were you forced? Did you say “no”? Or is it a “I was really drunk and therefor my judgement was poor”?

Not to sound like a d!ck but many times a woman will say she was raped. It’s not until she gives the details that you find out she wasn’t rape but instead drunk and regretted what she did the next day.

DethMetalCookieMonst on February 16, 2011 at 9:00 AM

David in ATL on February 16, 2011 at 8:14 AM

I wrote this on another thread but it was censured: Different jurisdictions define rape and s. assault differently. I can’t go into detail otherwise my comment won’t appear. S. assault is usually the touching of certain parts of the body. Rape usually involves a p**etration which can also include a finger or foreign object.

I suspect she was grabbed, beat up, and groped over and under her clothes.

Blake on February 16, 2011 at 9:49 AM

CBS just headlines it as an ASSAULT on their reporter. Sickening. Freaking tell it like it is and stop white-washing the actions of horrible Muslims. If this had happened outside the Vatican you’d have a FAR different take CBS, I guarantee it!

Sultry Beauty on February 16, 2011 at 11:17 AM

Isn’t this the same Jane Fonda Lara Logan who’s “Battle for Haifa Street” report used al-Qaeda propaganda video footage of a dead Iraqi soldier?

Why yes, I think it is.

Lara Logan and her terrorist footage

“…a clear violation of the embed rules and an egregious step beyond good sense and taste.”

Terp Mole on February 16, 2011 at 12:15 PM

lexhamfox on February 15, 2011 at 7:44 PM

No offense, but I’m not taking your word on that.

olesparkie on February 16, 2011 at 8:15 AM

CAIR’s Dougie Hooper has been VERY busy spinning this.

We need to ask, is there any crime or atrocity CAIR has the integrity NOT to excuse or blame the innocent for.

Roy Rogers on February 16, 2011 at 12:16 PM

Allah ahkbar!

molonlabe28 on February 16, 2011 at 12:50 PM

I know some are saying that this isn’t a Muslim thing and frenzied mobs committing sexual assaults happen in America too, but this is a wee bit different:

Her attackers were screaming “Jew! Jew!” during the assault; Logan is not Jewish. [22] Logan returned to her hotel after the assault and was flown out of the country within hours on a chartered network jet. She reportedly wasn’t taken to a local hospital because the “network didn’t trust local security there” and didn’t report the assault to Egyptian authorities because they “couldn’t trust them, either.”[23] Upon returning to the United States, Logan was admitted into a hospital for recovery.[24][25]

Buy Danish on February 16, 2011 at 1:22 PM

“Once upon a time we knew what to do. A British district officer, coming upon a scene of suttee, was told by the locals that in Hindu culture it was the custom to cremate a widow on her husband’s funeral pyre. He replied that in British culture it was the custom to hang chaps who did that sort of thing. There are many great things about India — curry, pyjamas, sitars, software engineers — but suttee was not one of them. What a pity we’re no longer capable of being “judgmental” and “discriminating.” We’re told the old-school imperialists were racists, that they thought of the wogs as inferior. But, if so, they at least considered them capable of improvement. The multiculturalists are just as racist. The only difference is that they think the wogs can never reform: Good heavens, you can’t expect a Muslim in Norway not to go about raping the womenfolk! Much better just to get used to it.

“As one is always obliged to explain when tiptoeing around this territory, I’m not a racist, only a culturist. I believe Western culture — rule of law, universal suffrage, etc. — is preferable to Arab culture: that’s why there are millions of Muslims in Scandinavia, and four Scandinavians in Syria. Follow the traffic. I support immigration, but with assimilation. Without it, like a Hindu widow, we’re slowly climbing on the funeral pyre of our lost empires. You see it in European foreign policy already: they’re scared of their mysterious, swelling, unstoppable Muslim populations.“

Terp Mole on February 22, 2011 at 12:34 PM