Video: Young CPACers send white-nationalist packing

posted at 9:30 am on February 14, 2011 by Ed Morrissey

I actually came across this when looking for the water fountain (you can see me briefly in the background at the thirteen-minute mark), but Eddie Becker caught the whole conversation as white nationalist Jamie Kelso attempted to recruit at CPAC. A group of young attendees, and a few older conservatives as well, at first politely rebuff Kelso’s racist arguments, and then begin aggressively arguing with him in the hallway. Ron Paul supporters told him four times to take off his Campaign for Liberty button and paraphernalia. In the end, Kelso ends up arguing that only whites can “save the whales,” which might surprise Norwegians who have been defying whale-hunting bans for decades, and finally fleeing the scene.

Kelso must have spent too much time listening to mainstream media painting conservatives as proto-racists. The young people at CPAC sent him packing, presumably off to another venue where he can take credit for Galileo and da Vinci.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Because racists (black, white, brown, etc) make up the majority at leftist events; they blend right in.

rmgraha on February 14, 2011 at 2:12 PM

G M on February 14, 2011 at 2:19 PM

Good idea to toss that guy but why is it OK for liberal/far left peeps to lament assimilation and genocide with a kiss when talking about minorities (including Jews)but such an unpardonable sin for whites?
Ole whitey is a victim of his own success..or guilt..I guess.

IlikedAUH2O on February 14, 2011 at 2:21 PM

The woman who doesn’t want to breed is kinda hot. Too bad.

wraithby on February 14, 2011 at 2:26 PM

Just finished watching this video. First of all, I am Ibo, originally from Nigeria. The guy is talking BS. he was trying to reference the Nigerian civil war, in 1967. First of all, I am shocked he knows about it, but he got it all wrong.

The war was about nationalism, but fundamentally it was about oil. The Ibos had oil on their land, and Nigeria went to war to force them not to secede. Why, because 90% of Nigerian revenue today is derived from oil. That’s why the war was fought. There were a whole host of issues involved there, but this is just a basic summary. This guy is really stupid.

I am happy though about the kid there who lived in Nigeria for a while. It’s nice to have young Americans live in other countries. That is the best education you can have.

Chudi on February 14, 2011 at 3:11 PM

DFCtomm, I agree.

My generation has lived our lifetime colorblind, basing preferences on functional ideology. Larger government, additional bureaucracies and programs, higher taxes have proven too much for American taxpayers to bear. And that doesn’t even take into consideration authoritarianism that has permeated our federal government.

Clint Eastwood made a valid social statement. People get over being so sensitive as to take offense where none’s intended, actually making warfare over perceived PC slights.

maverick muse on February 14, 2011 at 3:38 PM

“Ron Paul has been a federalist forever”

Will you all stop misusing the word “federalist”? Unless Ron Paul is FOR the federal control of everything.

DethMetalCookieMonst on February 14, 2011 at 11:11 AM

James Madison, Federalist Papers

…live and learn

maverick muse on February 14, 2011 at 3:40 PM

G M on February 14, 2011 at 1:39 PM

“Neo-nazi” reference, again falling back on inaccurate smears in order to substantiate your own prejudicial malice of heart.

The smear that Ron Paul hates Jews would apply as unjustly to Mises. Don’t go there. Your Alinsky style is not impressive.

You display bigotry with your unwillingness to recall my own preferences re: potus candidates. And if its because you’re a newbie here at HotAir that you have no idea of my ideology, why jump inaccurately from assumption to the wrong conclusion again? You still have no excuse to spout lies in order to substantiate your own errors in judgment.

My favorite Republican was and remains Fred Thompson, who refuses to have anything more to do with campaigns. His First Principles campaign platform predates the Tea Party movement. It also distinguishes where I differ with Ron Paul. A while ago, Madison Conservative misapplied the label of “neoconservative” to Teh Fred.
That was a bit off the mark since Thompson never advocated nation building in Islam, though stood firm on strong national defense and policies to effect strong Constitutional Governance with lower taxes and strong State Rights. No way did Fred Thompson ever advocate for PC policies, as he spoke out against stupidity and futility, including expressing outrage with the Military PC Rules of Engagement. His view with Afghanistan nearly matched Goldwater’s view with the JFK Vietnamese involvement.

As I pointed out initially regarding Ron Paul, the smears about him being a racist are ill founded. I heard them all years ago, and decided to find out what all the hullabaloo was supposed to be about. Simply put, Libertarians denounce the Federal Reserve and Globalist Interests, regardless of racial/genetic component of the international bankers involved. The antisemitic smear against Ron Paul is only as valid as the racist bigot charge made against Tea Party movement participants. In these cases, calling people racists only promotes a lie in order to discredit the message.

You don’t understand because you don’t want to. Get past your kneejerk tinfoil one-size-fits-all smear tactic. As things stand, your errors continue to prove the validity of my criticism.

maverick muse on February 14, 2011 at 4:09 PM

I like Goldwater, I like Fred Thompson. I very much doubt Goldwater would play footsie with troofers or Stormfront. I’ve never heard of Fred Thompson on Alex Jones’ show, have you?

G M on February 14, 2011 at 5:12 PM

I was impressed with these young people. They obviously have used their education and can do some critical thinking and form logical arguments to expose this guy as the ignoramus that he is. Kudos to these youngsters. And if they are what we have in the pipeline for future political leadership, good for America. As much as we baby boomers have screwed up America, some baby boomers have produced some great kids to clean up our mess.

karenhasfreedom on February 14, 2011 at 6:26 PM

Guessing this vid will never be shown on any MSM outlet – proves their narrative a lie, and on so many levels…

bains on February 14, 2011 at 7:15 PM

I’ve only listened to about half of the Kelso’s presentation but I agree with what he’s saying.

Of course, race isn’t paramount; however, to say that race is entirely irrelevant is stupid and ignorant.
In all the world, it’s only white liberals from Western nations that live in the belief that race has no significance.

I don’t think about it terms of “preserving genes”, but it’s simply a fact that the United States, since its inception and up to today, has been a white and Christian nation. And of course, once it ceases to be that, it will no longer be what it was.

sartana on February 14, 2011 at 7:33 PM

I’ve just finished listening to the whole tape, and nothing Kelso said was untrue or inflammatory. He was acting like a gentleman and he made his case eloquently and convincingly; whereas the arguments offered by the CPAC attendees were pretty lame. It’s really pathetic that Morrisey chose to present this segment the way he did.

Send someone packing? This is what the Left does- they can’t win an argument, so they end the debate.

And those Paultards were low-brow thugs.

sartana on February 14, 2011 at 7:51 PM

No everything this person said was warmed over National Socialism. There’s no such thing as a European race (Celtic and Aryan cultures and genetics are very different – which one is the real European) and America is not a tribe. He’s preaching the anti-American sepretism that seeks to have Americans Balkanize, this is not convincing of anything except a person’s capacity to hate.

If you and he love Europeans so much why not move there? Oh. that’s right, because Europe sucks and America is the greatest country in the world – because we’re not a bunch of Nazis.

But anyone else notice the Paul supporters were more interested in arguing with conservatives than with the neo-nazi? Telling.

Rob Taylor on February 15, 2011 at 3:28 PM

Rob? You’re a doofus.

Celtic and Aryan cultures and genes are different? They just look and act like a bunch of white people if you ask me.

You accuse me of seeking to Balkanize the US. Moi?

La Raza, MECHA, NAACP, ADL, LGBT, SEIU, Asian-Pacific Islanders etc. We’re already Balkanized, pal. Where have you been?

I’m a Balkanite myself. It’s my heritage and I’ve gone out of my way to immerse myself in the history of that place and traveled thru there extensively. Trust me when I say that Balkanization results from excessive diversity. When no one ethnic or national group predominates, and there is no glue that holds the state together; then, people splinter off into different groups and inevitably begin fighting over territory. You should familiarize yourself with this process- it’s your fate.

I won’t address your cowardly Nazi insults- it’s just the typical Liberal tactic of avoiding a debate you can’t win. I distanced myself from Kelso’s comments about “preserving genes”, and therefore won’t take time to address that. But if you paid attention to my comments above, it was obvious that I agreed with Kelso in the sense that it’s necessary for us to preserve cultural heritage. Of course, a country that since its inception has been overwhelmingly white, English speaking and Christian will be drastically altered by massive non-white, non-English speaking and increasingly non-Christian immigration- and mostly, not for the better.

And I have to say that the time is finished for Americans to be pounding our chests and invoking our greatness. We’ve become a global laughing-stock. Again, where have you been?

Press “2″ for English, amigo. And then get ready to gather your things and get your white behing back across the Atlantic where you came from, pinche guero.

Because you can go on endlessly attempting to prove what a nice liberal boy you are- how you’re so morally superiour to the rest of us lowly knuckledraggers and race doesn’t mean anything to you because you’re evolved beyond that. But I guarantee you that to the masses of non-white, non-English speaking people streaming over that southern border- race matters all the world to them.

So get your bags packing, Gabacho.

sartana on February 16, 2011 at 1:17 AM