Coulter: For Palin, running for president would be a step down

posted at 7:00 pm on February 14, 2011 by Allahpundit

The sequel to her now-famous assertion at CPAC that if Christie doesn’t jump in, Romney’s nomination and eventual defeat in the general election are a fait accompli. I’m not sure what she means here vis-a-vis Palin, beyond it being a complimentary way to avoid a straight answer on why she thinks Romney is bound to defeat her in the primaries. Running would be a step down because Palin’s so much larger than life that the office isn’t big enough? Or because she can make a lot more bank in the private sector than on a $400,000 presidential salary? Somehow, I think Palinistas will find that unconvincing, especially now that Kos’s pollster has her leading in a new state, namely, New Mexico.

Meanwhile, in the money primary of New Hampshire:

The poll shows 40 percent of likely Republican primary voters would vote for Romney, 10 percent would vote for former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani, 7 percent favor former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty, and 7 percent support former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee.

Another 6 percent prefer former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich, 6 percent favor 2008 vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin, 5 percent support U.S. Rep. and 2008 candidate Ron Paul, 3 percent support businessman Donald Trump, 1 percent favor former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum, and 1 percent prefer Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour…

Romney also has the highest favorability ratings of the potential candidates. Currently, 73 percent of likely Republican voters said they have a favorable opinion of him. Romney’s net favorability, the percentage having a favorable opinion minus the percentage of those with an unfavorable opinion, is 57 percent…

The least popular Republicans are Palin at minus-17 percent and Trump at minus-43 percent. Barbour has a net favorability of minus 1 percent, Indiana Gov. Mitch Daniels is at minus-1 percent and former New Mexico Gov Gary Johnson is at minus-5 percent.

Minor surprises: Giuliani in second (distantly) and T-Paw showing a spark of life in the state he’ll be targeting for a Romney upset. Also surprising is Mitch Daniels being completely off the grid. I know his name recognition is low right now, but surely politically active Republicans with their eye on 2012 have heard of him. Especially since New Hampshire’s the state where he’ll be looking to make his mark. Maybe the pollster didn’t include him as an option? I can’t find the crosstabs at the link.

Or maybe Republicans are already realizing that Daniels won’t run. I keep hearing that it’s unlikely both he and Barbour will jump in — they’re good enough friends that it’ll probably be one or the other — and Barbour sure looks like he’s ready. He’s an impressive guy and I have nothing against him, but honestly, I don’t understand the rationale for his candidacy in this cycle of all cycles. The GOP is trying to remake its brand, yes? Tea party, greater diversity, new fiscal responsibility, anti-Beltway, etc. So, the guy we’re going to run for president is … a former RNC chair turned lobbyist from the deep south? Really? I can see him at the bottom of the ticket paired with someone like Romney and Daniels who needs a little vicarious southern cred, but at the top? Really?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

She’s running…..

Deal with it, the best way you can:)

I’m stocking up on popcorn!!!

idesign on February 14, 2011 at 8:16 PM

Romney ’12. Palin as his Sec Energy to open ALL our energy resources in the US
Hillary ’16

ginaswo on February 14, 2011 at 8:17 PM

ginaswo on February 14, 2011 at 8:17 PM

palin ’12 Romney shouldn’t be a dogcatcher anywhere and Hillary to enojy her retirement.

promachus on February 14, 2011 at 8:18 PM

Everyone can keep telling Palin to sit down and shut up, but they are wasting their time. I think it motivates her more.

I understand how some of you might feel Palin can’t win, why some of you think Palin is polarizing, but I don’t understand why Palin is being encouraged not to compete.

We have had many shitty presidential candidates throughout the years, from both parties as well as fringe candidates, and I never heard this strong of an outcry to silence their speech or chance to compete for the nomination. No matter how ridiculous the candidate was or how outrageous their platform was. Why can’t Palin compete?

If Palin is such an embarrassment then why not let her compete? Then you can sit back and watch her fail and taunt her cultish followers. Seems like the perfect scenario for the ‘Anyone But Palin’ crowd. What am I missing?

If Palin is such a terrible potential candidate and she has no chance to win the GOP nomination to begin with then why the need to keep her from competing for the nomination?

I mean what does that say about the rest of the field if they can’t beat the chillbilly from Wasilla in the primaries. How in the hell are we supposed to have confidence in the eventual nominee to actually defeat Obama if the only way he won was because Palin was silenced and ushered out of the room.

chief on February 14, 2011 at 8:18 PM

unseen: Generally, when I list Palin’s accomplishments, I get one of two responses.

1) “Those aren’t really accomplishments.”

2) “It doesn’t matter if she were the Second Coming; she can’t be elected.”

(These might sound familiar to you.)

When someone takes the first response, there’s not much you can do about it. There is no agreement on what constitutes an accomplishment.

The second one, if true, means that a conservative will never win the Presidency again.

Geochelone: What evidence do you have for your final point about the BLM? I see nothing in their behavior that they will ever fold to resistance. They simply ignore the resistance and double down on stupid. Goebbels’s statement about ‘the big lie’ is alive and well on this very site. If we cannot convince the people on this site, how do you intend to convince people who are even less like us?

Scott H on February 14, 2011 at 8:20 PM

promachus on February 14, 2011 at 8:09 PM

I’m not against her running and you are right, if they can do it to her, they’ll do it to anyone. I’m just telling you how effective the campaign has been with the people who are not current events driven.

Cindy Munford on February 14, 2011 at 8:21 PM

Romney ’12. Palin as his Sec Energy to open ALL our energy resources in the US
Hillary ’16

ginaswo on February 14, 2011 at 8:17 PM

And just how does Romney answer for RomneyCare?

Knucklehead on February 14, 2011 at 8:21 PM

but I don’t understand why Palin is being encouraged not to compete
chief on February 14, 2011 at 8:18 PM

because the only way they can ignore her is if she doesn’t compete. If she runs they need to defend against her, accept her polices as things to be talked about. they need to respect and “pander” to her supporters if she runs and doesn’t win. they need to defend her policies if she runs and wins the nomination if they want any type of power in her admin. the only way Palin is difussed is if she doesn’t run. the elites know this.

unseen on February 14, 2011 at 8:22 PM

Dumb story.

I like this one better…..

Today the White House finally produced its proposal for the 2012 budget. Beware of the left’s attempt to sell this as “getting tough on the deficit,” because as an analysis from Americans for Tax Reform shows, the White House’s plans are more about raising taxes and growing more government than reducing budget shortfalls.

The fine print reveals a White House proposal to increase taxes by at least $1.5 trillion over the next decade. If you want to know how minuscule their proposed $775 million-a-year budget “cuts” really are, please look at this chart. The proposed cuts are so insignificant – less than 1/10 of 1% of this year’s $1.65 trillion budget deficit – that they are essentially invisible on the pie chart. That speaks volumes about today’s budget.

- Sarah Palin

idesign on February 14, 2011 at 7:15 PM

Let me tell you how effective this little Facebook post was, within MINUTES See-BS had a story out retying to refudiate it!!

That was lightning fast!

Another home run by the only serious person who can actually be president. You have to win before you can be, and she’s the ONLY serious one that can actually win.

gary4205 on February 14, 2011 at 8:23 PM

Geochelone on February 14, 2011 at 8:12 PM

Hey, I had a co-worker who got all pissy about her tiff with Levi Johnson. I swear there are people who are to stupid to vote.

Cindy Munford on February 14, 2011 at 8:23 PM

When someone takes the first response, there’s not much you can do about it
Scott H on February 14, 2011 at 8:20 PM

Sure there is laugh in their face. and explain if those aren’t accomplishments then no politican in the history of politics have had any accomplishments….

explain they said the same about reagan and the same about the TEA party backed candidates. Again laughter helps. Because if they believe that they deserved to be laughed at.

A sad little secret is tha tmost people against Palin are against her because they don’t want to be laughed at. they want to look cool. It’s the same reason most people voted for Obama. If more people would have laughed at a 2 year senator thinking he had the quailifications for the top job we wouldn’t be in the position we are in. So use their greatest fear against them. Laugh at their insane comments.

unseen on February 14, 2011 at 8:27 PM

It seems easy to conjure up some good reason’s for a Palin run.

1. If she doesn’t run they will call her a quitter. Even some conservatives use that smear line and they would continue to use it.

2. She doesn’t need to run the table. Its just practice for 2016. Given what she has been up against, a loss in the primary can easily be explained away. So there is no real embarrassment here. She is so young and needs campaign trail experience even though she has more of that than many of the likely candidates people are clamoring for.

3. What better way to gain a public forum where she can ennunciate her ideas and clear up the popular misconception that she is some kind of idiot.

4. Messaging her platform will send memes far and wide and will influence the whole Primary process. It could focus the debate on the right issues like energy independence.

5. She will be able to take shots at Obama. Unfortunately her fellow competitors in the race take shots at her. But we are used to that kind of thing.

These are just a few reasons she should run. Let the voters decide, not the media.

Geochelone on February 14, 2011 at 8:27 PM

gary4205 on February 14, 2011 at 8:23 PM

Heh, Gary out pushing his amnesty candidate, with wild, over the top and out of control statements.

Well, Coulter is wrong and doing a disservice to the country by pushing the detestable Christie, but that does not mean Palin is the only one who can win, because if so, we are just as screwed, as if Ann was right.

rightwingyahooo on February 14, 2011 at 8:28 PM

Cindy Munford on February 14, 2011 at 8:21 PM

all onesided campaigns are like that. gov Palin has yet to campaign for herself yet…

unseen on February 14, 2011 at 8:28 PM

gary4205 on February 14, 2011 at 8:23 PM

Instead, HotAir has this dumb story……

idesign on February 14, 2011 at 8:29 PM

rightwingyahooo on February 14, 2011 at 8:28 PM

did you shave your head today? white power!!!

unseen on February 14, 2011 at 8:31 PM

gary4205 on February 14, 2011 at 8:23 PM

Sorry, I hit the wrong key….

idesign on February 14, 2011 at 8:32 PM

More from Palin regarding Obama’s “budget”:

UPDATE: As J.D. Foster of the Heritage Foundation points out: “…the President proposes a budget that keeps the federal government on a thoroughly irresponsible and unsustainable course.” Please read the Heritage Foundation article and understand the $775 million in proposed cuts noted above are what the White House’s budget director Jacob Lew identified as reflecting what they perceive as some “tough calls.” Yet, as noted, they are a drop in the bucket; and the White House’s total proposed cuts for this year are still not at all enough to make us solvent.

powerpro on February 14, 2011 at 8:32 PM

Obama won’t show us his birth certificate because he doesn’t want to embarrass us by revealing it actually exists, and the Dems don’t want Palin nominated because the dears don’t think it would be sporting to beat us so badly.

Right. Thanks for that lowdown, MSM.

drunyan8315 on February 14, 2011 at 8:33 PM

did you shave your head today? white power!!!

unseen on February 14, 2011 at 8:31 PM

Ah yes, the lunatic. Hi, crazy!

rightwingyahooo on February 14, 2011 at 8:34 PM

unseen on February 14, 2011 at 8:28 PM

I hope so but I don’t think it is surprising that there are people who sincerely wonder if anyone can overcome such an onslaught. Most would love to be proven wrong.

Cindy Munford on February 14, 2011 at 8:34 PM

Instead, HotAir has this dumb story……

idesign on February 14, 2011 at 8:29 PM

My shocked face

unseen on February 14, 2011 at 8:34 PM

The Blood Libel MisogyNistas will fold if we resist them. If we do not, they gain an upper hand and bolstered by their success they will continue the practice.

Geochelone on February 14, 2011 at 8:12 PM

No no no.

We’ve been assured that if someone else runs, they’ll be treated to rainbows and puppy dog kisses and get totally fair treatment by the press.

powerpro on February 14, 2011 at 8:35 PM

Cindy Munford on February 14, 2011 at 8:34 PM

I think that should be proved wrong.

Cindy Munford on February 14, 2011 at 8:35 PM

RUBIO* 0.83%

PERRY* 0.74%

THUNE 0.74%

JOHNSON 0.42%

*ALREADY ANNOUNCED THEY ARE NOT RUNNING IN 2012

SAFEGUARDS IN PLACE TO ENSURE ONLY 1 VOTE PER ADULT HUMAN

SARAH PALIN HAS FALLEN 16 POINT FROM DAY ONE AND STILL LEADS HER NEAREST COMPETITOR HERMAN CAIN BY ALMOST 40 POINTS. I WOULD CALL THAT DOMINANCE, WOULDN’T YOU?

technopeasant on February 14, 2011 at 8:36 PM

Geochelone on February 14, 2011 at 8:12 PM

Cindy Munford on February 14, 2011 at 8:23 PM

Was your co-worker a conservative?

Anyway my friend was a conservative and she was still fooled. But in her defense she lived in the United Emirates during the whole election cycle of of 2008. She was a Reagan conservative. She now views Gov Palin in a whole new light. She loved the part about Gov Palin fighting corruption on both sides in AK.

I have associated with some well educated business professionals who got duped by the SNL thing as well. I had to disabuse them of the false perception, which was quite easy to do since they already possess a great deal of skepticism over the MSM from the get go.

Among Rush Limbaugh listeners that is an axiom. And they listen to Rush all the time.

Geochelone on February 14, 2011 at 8:36 PM

How about a Daniels/Cain ticket?

Purple Fury on February 14, 2011 at 7:28 PM

Because Mitch Daniels is a complete and utter moron who loves European VAT taxes, loves the idea of Death Panels, and is in bed with union thugs trying to stop a popular Right2Work bill in his state.

Maybe if he became a democrat and primaried Obama ….

As for Cain, the man has never held office, and couldn’t even beat a RINO in his own state. He’s a good guy but he has no juice.

There’s only one choice. Even if she does have to “step down” as Coulter would say.

gary4205 on February 14, 2011 at 8:37 PM

…but how will he hold up when he has to admit to being pro-gun control and I have heard pro-amnesty?

Cindy Munford on February 14, 2011 at 7:31 PM

As you may suspect, that’s the problem I have with him too. He’d have to somehow “evolve” himself on those positions to be palatable.

Regardless, down the pike I’d have to take a reading on his net score on the key issues. I don’t know enough at this point. I’m not a single-issue voter, but there are a few positions I can’t abide, such as supporting cap-n-trade, amnesty, gun control and Obamacare.

I’d support a lib GOP, and even gobble a few of the issues, if I liked and trusted him. But he’d have to be exceptional. Take Rudy, for example. I’d vote for him in a heartbeat. Huck and Mitt, not so much.

petefrt on February 14, 2011 at 8:37 PM

Cindy Munford on February 14, 2011 at 8:34 PM

Meatballs – It Just Doesn’t Matter

unseen on February 14, 2011 at 8:37 PM

Everyone can back whom they choose,for me however I cant be supportive of Daniels, my gvnr until he will go on the record with a coherent statement on illegal immigration and Indiana senate bill S590 cracking down on illegal immigration in Indiana. No this is not the only issue in a campaign but if one wants to be president you have to have a position on many issues dont you? You have to state a position and defend it.

PTN 39 on February 14, 2011 at 8:37 PM

Geochelone: What evidence do you have for your final point about the BLM?

Scott H on February 14, 2011 at 8:20 PM

1. TUCSON.
2. The results of Nov 4 2010.

But I understand your point. They won’t fold ever; they just retreat; so its a moving boundary problem in a continuum. If we fight them we can marginalize their efforts. Their influence has peaked and as time goes on it will wither away and die on the vine. We have no choice but to fight them.

Good point.

Geochelone on February 14, 2011 at 8:41 PM

unseen: Hm, laughter is indeed a tack I have not tried. I’ll have to think about this. I have been in the mode of trying to convince people rationally. I guess what you’re saying is that we have to shock them out of the siren song that the BLM has sung before we make our substantive arguments?

Hmm… rather like Gandalf dispelled Saruman’s vocal enthrallment in that parley.

I’ll remember this.

Scott H on February 14, 2011 at 8:41 PM

petefrt on February 14, 2011 at 8:37 PM

I agree, sometimes it just a feeling. I obviously don’t agree with Rudy on a lot either but I get the feeling he would support the public rather than stick his finger in the wind.

Cindy Munford on February 14, 2011 at 8:42 PM

unseen on February 14, 2011 at 8:34 PM

LOL

idesign on February 14, 2011 at 8:42 PM

unseen on February 14, 2011 at 8:37 PM

I liked the shocked face better.

Cindy Munford on February 14, 2011 at 8:43 PM

Here are the results of the latest BobMbx poll:

Palin: 100%
Everybody else: 0%

BobMbx on February 14, 2011 at 8:45 PM

Geochelone: Tucson may or may not have failed. It definitely failed in its attempt to blame the entire conservative movement. I have seen very little movement either way on the Palin front after it. It may not have hurt her (in the sense that her scores declined), but at this point the BLM doesn’t have to hurt her. They just have to keep her where she is in the polls.

And Palin, while active in certain races, was not the headline as she was in 2008 and will be if on the ticket in 2012.

Scott H on February 14, 2011 at 8:45 PM

Geochelone on February 14, 2011 at 8:36 PM

Evenin’, Great Shelled One.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 14, 2011 at 8:46 PM

rightwingyahooo on February 14, 2011 at 8:28 PM

Why don’t you remind us who you’re supporting again, douchebag? You talk about what and who you’re against so much, it’s hard to remember who your favored candidate actually is at this point.

gryphon202 on February 14, 2011 at 8:46 PM

Scott H on February 14, 2011 at 8:41 PM

Soft sell them. Let them come to the realization themselves. Don’t make adversaries.

I am reading the autobiography of Benjamin Franklin. He used the Socratic methods and spoke softly and planted the fertile seeds for the self realizations of his peers.

I highly recommend Franklin’s AutoBio. Very humble man, and yet enormously influential.

Geochelone on February 14, 2011 at 8:48 PM

We have no choice but to fight them.

Good point.

Geochelone on February 14, 2011 at 8:41 PM

as I mentioned we do have another choice. Laughter. Make them uncool. It is what the liberals do to conservatives all the time. that way they do not have to address their points. riducule. id a potent weapon esp when what the liberals group is filled with hypocrites like al gore or even Obama.

unseen on February 14, 2011 at 8:50 PM

Geochelone on February 14, 2011 at 8:36 PM

Evenin’, Great Shelled One.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 14, 2011 at 8:46 PM

That’s funny.

Hey I have a key on my keyboard named after you, ALT.

If I press it, you appear.

But I can also reboot you by doing a CTRL-ALT-DEL and blammo you get rebooted. Hehe. :)

Geochelone on February 14, 2011 at 8:50 PM

we just got to put one foot in front of the other….

unseen on February 14, 2011 at 8:52 PM

Scott H on February 14, 2011 at 8:45 PM

look at it this way. Her poll numbers are at a bottom so to speak. If all the negative stories and blood libel can’t get her support lower than this then we can say she has hit bottom. Now comes 2 years of her responding and defending herself and getting her message out. while tha tis no lock on her numbers going up. It is in her favor that her numbers go up from here…

unseen on February 14, 2011 at 8:55 PM

In the American Spectator poll:

Total of the three wise men Romney, Huckabee and Gingrich:

Romney 2.86%

Gingrich 2.54%

Huckabee 1.94%

Total 7.34%

Herman Cain has tallied as much as sum of the top tier candidates other than Palin have mustered over a 6 day period.

Anyone want to now make the case that any of them are viable.

technopeasant on February 14, 2011 at 8:56 PM

I liked the shocked face better.

Cindy Munford on February 14, 2011 at 8:43 PM

that got to be one of my fav commericals….

unseen on February 14, 2011 at 8:56 PM

technopeasant on February 14, 2011 at 8:56 PM

I wonder if they will “redo” the poll like hotair is redoing theirs….

unseen on February 14, 2011 at 8:57 PM

Geochelone on February 14, 2011 at 8:27 PM

You bet your ass!

When she wins the nomination, and goes after Obama, her coattails will be quite long.

It’s hard to imagine anything like last November, as far as Congress, but I can see her ending up with a filibuster proof Congress like Obama did, except by bigger margins.

Then you’ll see some stuff get done.

gary4205 on February 14, 2011 at 8:57 PM

unseen on February 14, 2011 at 8:50 PM

Correct.

I use different approaches. If they are blue dogs and PUMAS you can reason with them without getting all huffy. You can be disarming by not using intimidation or ridicule. Light jesting works. These types can be influenced.

Know-it-alls on our side have little power of persuasion.

If they are hopeless radical lefties then mockery might be appropriate as a PSYOP tactic.

Geochelone on February 14, 2011 at 8:58 PM

Why McCain won the nomination… the GOP voter doesn’t really know who these guys are (apart from name recognition).

This is what Ann knows… Romney has name-recognition, he’s pleasant, looks nice, used to be a governor, ran the Olympics, National Review thinks he’s groovy…

He’s the McCain of 2012. Known name, feel-good candidate with old school right-wing behind him. That’s who wins primaries (Ford, Bush, Dole, Bush, McCain… the only exception being Reagan in 1980 because Bush was a relative nonentity at the time and John who?). Romney has every superficial GOP box checked.

mankai on February 14, 2011 at 8:59 PM

rightwingyahooo on February 14, 2011 at 8:28 PM

Well lookie here. Everyone’s favorite left wing racist troll!

I didn’t see you over in the Barbour thread. You know, the one about him LOBBYING for Mexico to get an amnesty bill passed!

All you do is troll Palin threads with hate, lies, and stupidity. Go back to Kos where you belong.

gary4205 on February 14, 2011 at 9:01 PM

Valiant on February 14, 2011 at 9:01 PM

unseen on February 14, 2011 at 8:56 PM

This could go on and on.

Cindy Munford on February 14, 2011 at 9:02 PM

Unseen: I’ve heard that argument. I think it doesn’t work. I do not think she has hit ‘bottom’. Do I think she will? Maybe not. But the argument that ‘she can’t get any lower in the polls’ is not a statement backed by evidence. There’s very little evidence either way what will happen from here.

If the slugging match just goes back and forth as it has heretofore, the polls don’t move. As a candidate, she does get a megaphone for her views. However, she also will get even more scrutiny. And before you think she can’t get any more, I do recall people saying that about Bush not once but multiple times during his eight years in office.

Never bet against a limit to the mudslinging that politicians who feel that they have nothing to lose will sink to. And, at the moment, the entire BLM is nothing more than armchair politicians living a vicarious existence.

Scott H on February 14, 2011 at 9:04 PM

That’s funny.

Hey I have a key on my keyboard named after you, ALT.

If I press it, you appear.

Geochelone on February 14, 2011 at 8:50 PM

Fine. Be that way.*wink*
Now if you’ll excuse me I’m going to leave comments for myself on the T-Paw thread…since I’ll be the only one on it.
*rim shot*

annoyinglittletwerp on February 14, 2011 at 9:04 PM

This could go on and on.

Cindy Munford on February 14, 2011 at 9:02 PM

Shankapotamus? Bwaaaaahhhh. Hilarious.

Geochelone on February 14, 2011 at 9:05 PM

As a comservative woman living in L.A. amongst a lot of women who think they are Liberal (none want to pay more taxes, be told what to buy, see energy and gas prices rise any more etc), I can tell you that a lot say they have more in common with Sarah than any other female politician they know. I think Dancing with the Stars helped her because that seems to be where they say they got to know of her better and “she isn’t so bad”… What you have to do is say she respects laws so as long as (insert what means something to them i.e. abortion or gay rights) is law she will respect it. Then bring up her veto of denying spousal benefits for gays because it would be unconstitutional to take it from them.

Anyway, if Sarah wants it, she’ll get it there is no doubt… If those of us who support her, correct her record with people who like or respect us, and we do it in a matter of fact and pleasant way we can change perceptions. That is my strategy. It works.

CCRWM on February 14, 2011 at 9:06 PM

unseen on February 14, 2011 at 8:57 PM

Too late for American Spectator.

But how about townhall.com which started polling at the beginning of February.

In the January poll at townhall.com Palin led her closest opponent Mitt Romney by 7.5% and that was while she was in the midst of the controversy over the Tucson shootings.

If you haven’t voted at townhall.com yet here is the link:

(only 1 vote per human like AS)

technopeasant on February 14, 2011 at 9:07 PM

Instead, HotAir has this dumb story……

idesign on February 14, 2011 at 8:29 PM

Hot air is not a serious blog any more. Fun, but not serious. Of course, maybe Allah is saving it for the QOTD.

Yeah, that’s it …

Knowing him he’ll go with See-Bs’ rebuttal instead!!

gary4205 on February 14, 2011 at 9:08 PM

Barbour is appealing because, unlike most of the names listed, he understands the beast that is the liberal Democrat. His eagerness to work with them is not on his sleeve.Valiant on February 14, 2011 at 9:01 PM

And this is different from Palin how??? (okay no amnesty lobbying and perceived racist comments in her past but what else?)

CCRWM on February 14, 2011 at 9:09 PM

I didn’t say Palin wasn’t appealing.

Valiant on February 14, 2011 at 9:12 PM

It’s fascinating to watch all the right-wingers twist themselves into knots trying to ignore the fact that NO ONE wants them running this country. Please, please nominate Palin or some other lunatic in 2012. Nothing would make the election over faster…

pm123 on February 14, 2011 at 9:18 PM

technopeasant on February 14, 2011 at 9:07 PM

Thanks for the linky.
I cast my vote for Ron Paul…just kidding.
I voted for T-Paw.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 14, 2011 at 9:19 PM

Valiant on February 14, 2011 at 9:01 PM

He may not “work with democrats” but he happily took 5 figures a month to help MEXICO push an AMERICAN amnesty bill for MEXICO’S illegal aliens HERE.

Boss Hog needs to stay his fat azz in Mississippi.

gary4205 on February 14, 2011 at 9:19 PM

pm123 on February 14, 2011 at 9:18 PM

The mouse in your pocket disagrees.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 14, 2011 at 9:20 PM

pm123 on February 14, 2011 at 9:18 PM

Note to yourself, consume more Obama koolaid, lots more…..LOL

idesign on February 14, 2011 at 9:25 PM

Part of the reason Sarah gets so much flack from the GOP establishment is that she causes people to think and pay attention. The average GOP entrenched party apparatchik is comfortable choosing the established candidate who doesn’t make waves and has high name recognition so no thinking about issues is required. But these people are NOT in the majority. They do not represent the people who don’t come out for party meetings but who are busy going to work and raising families and trying to cope with the sour economy and rising gas and food prices and the falling housing market.

This is where the Tea Party people live and they know a phony like Mitt & Company when they see one. And they know who is not afraid to tell it like it is, which is why they will vote for Sarah in droves and this is the way it is in NH. I know cause I live there. Don’t believe the polls or the “experts”. They live in their self created bubbles, not in the real world.

shmendrick on February 14, 2011 at 9:26 PM

pm123 on February 14, 2011 at 9:18 PM

Where do these sleeper cells come from?

alwaysfiredup on February 14, 2011 at 9:27 PM

shmendrick on February 14, 2011 at 9:26 PM

A+

Geochelone on February 14, 2011 at 9:28 PM

How about trying it on this way Ms. Coulter…

Palin becomes President, at the same time remaining the king maker that she already is. This will put her and no one else at the levers of power in order to, with the help of God, keep our ship of State from going Titanic because Cap’n Barry has done run us all into the ‘berg.

Oh, and about influencing a political generation – who better suited to do so than a President? Think Reagan.

You see, Ann Coulter, your foundational premise is faulty, leading your entire argument down the strawman lane. It is not an “either/or” question. It is an “all of the above” proposition. Palin 2012 has been proposed. The existential questions re: the survival of the Republic that she represents will be voted on, because despite your rino establishment CC bluster, Sarah Palin is running.

tigerlily on February 14, 2011 at 9:33 PM

I love Ann, but her reasons for backing him are that he’s articulate, passionate and manly? Really?

Methinks Ann has been single too long, Valentines Day is getting to her, and she’s looking for a date, not a nominee.

miConsevative on February 14, 2011 at 9:36 PM

The decision on who will lead the Republican party into the next election will be determined on this proposition:

Whether conservatives who represent 72% of the Republican party and conservatives who now represent 36% of Independents decide as a sizable majority to act as “proxy voters” and cater to the Left and vote for a moderate or if they decide to vote on principle for a Reagan conservative, Sarah Palin, realizing that once they enter her tent they will stay there come hell or high water.

Definition of a proxy voter:

A conservative who acknowledges that Sarah Palin best represents him or her in philosophy, principle or policy but is convinced by the MSM or the Left that it is in the best interest of the GOP, society or the world order not to vote for Sarah but for someone like Mitt Romney or Tim Pawlenty and end up doing the latter and thus votes against self-interest.

Let me clarify: If a GOP primary voter sincerely backs anyone else but Palin and then votes for that individual in the primaries they are NOT a proxy voter. That is democracy.

But what I am referring to are conservatives who are simpatico with Sarah Palin and like her but feel compelled not to vote for her because they have been told it would be unwise, that she is unelectable or that it would not be good for the party to have her as its leader. And they end up betraying conservatism, Sarah Palin and the people of America as a consequence.

If you vote for someone else other than Sarah Palin by all means do so if that is how you truly feel but above all if you are a Reagan conservative please do not abandon a Reagan conservative who will be asking for your vote with all sincerity. That is not what Ronald Reagan would have wanted.

technopeasant on February 14, 2011 at 9:39 PM

tigerlily on February 14, 2011 at 9:33 PM

Look! another mama grizzly:)

idesign on February 14, 2011 at 9:41 PM

miConsevative on February 14, 2011 at 9:36 PM

Since Ann tends to date liberal turds like Bill Maher, and giggles like a school girl at their jokes, I suspect you are on to something. She’s probably never had a real man before!

Also, Ann is very fond of saying women shouldn’t be allowed to vote. Now that might be Ann being Ann, but there be more issues than we’ll ever know swimming around in this broad’s head!

gary4205 on February 14, 2011 at 9:45 PM

tigerlily on February 14, 2011 at 9:33 PM

Look! another mama grizzly:)

idesign on February 14, 2011 at 9:41 PM

Oh, yeah. I’ve got the long claws to prove it. Keep ‘em buffed and beautiful, painted in lovely shades of pink. :)

tigerlily on February 14, 2011 at 9:48 PM

I have had the McCain/Palin window sticker modified to / Palin since the day after the 2008 election on my SUV, right next to the NRA and Porkulus logo from Michelle site way back when.

I live in LA – as Blue State Unconscious Lib as it gets (well not quite, I’m not in San Fran).

I have had very few people diss me, and as many have given Big Thumbs Up. Everyone from dudes with their boards heading from the Beach, to commuters on the 405, to Bikers.

She will do better than well. The calendar is in her favor, because the economy is going to continue to tank (what would turn it around at this point?) and her campaign will be effective.

Jimmy Doolittle on February 14, 2011 at 9:49 PM

technopeasant on February 14, 2011 at 9:39 PM

Well said. If the rino/msm scare conservatives away from supporting a conservative we will never again be free.

tigerlily on February 14, 2011 at 9:51 PM

shmendrick on February 14, 2011 at 9:26 PM

Hi shmendrick, it’s very good to see you. How’s the winter weather treating your pipes? (the ones you sing with!)

tigerlily on February 14, 2011 at 9:54 PM

What does it mean? It means she doesn’t think Palin has a chance in hell of winning against Obama, but she doesn’t want to deal with the garys of the world moaning about her saying that. Hence the complimentary “oh, she’s too good to run for President”.

Vyce on February 14, 2011 at 9:54 PM

technopeasant on February 14, 2011 at 9:39 PM

Do you have a blog?

gary4205 on February 14, 2011 at 10:08 PM

Here are the results of the latest BobMbx poll:

Palin: 100%
Everybody else: 0%

BobMbx on February 14, 2011 at 8:45 PM

Hey, those results are identical to the most recent NoLeftTurn poll, too! Margin of error: +/- 0 points.

NoLeftTurn on February 14, 2011 at 10:11 PM

gary4205 on February 14, 2011 at 10:08 PM

I save most of my material for conservatives4palin under techno.

technopeasant on February 14, 2011 at 10:29 PM

Vyce on February 14, 2011 at 9:54 PM

I think Coulter is a bit braver than that.

alwaysfiredup on February 14, 2011 at 10:43 PM

I think Anne Coulter has been hangin’ out with Bathtub-boy again.
Givin’ him comfort in his hour of need, maybe her need too come to think of it.
While playin’ crash the submarine they been smokin’ too much weed.
I think it maybe time for intervention.

P. Monk on February 14, 2011 at 11:01 PM

I think Anne Coulter has been hangin’ out with Bathtub-boy again.
Givin’ him comfort in his hour of need, maybe her need too come to think of it.
While playin’ crash the submarine they been smokin’ too much weed.
I think it maybe time for intervention.

P. Monk on February 14, 2011 at 11:01 PM

Either that or she has a new book coming out entitled:
Whackjob: How I lost my mind to a very large RINO

P. Monk on February 14, 2011 at 11:05 PM

If Palin is irrelevant, can’t win, should stay at home
and bake cookies, perhaps venture to the lower 48 states
to cheerlead etc………..

Then why do persons who want to be taken seriously as a pundit or journalist in the political game mostly backtrack their snarky comments?……..

Could it be that Palin supporters deluge these people with emails and phone calls showing their displeasure? If Palin has few supporters these emails and calls shouldn’t be enough to cause them concern…….

Oh wait! Palin has millions of supporters.

Amjean on February 14, 2011 at 11:06 PM

Ann turns the big 5-0 in December.

bw222 on February 14, 2011 at 11:06 PM

How dare she infer anything negative about Palin. RINO!!!!!!!

jdoubleu on February 14, 2011 at 11:11 PM

PERRY* 0.74%

THUNE 0.74%

JOHNSON 0.42%

*ALREADY ANNOUNCED THEY ARE NOT RUNNING IN 2012

SAFEGUARDS IN PLACE TO ENSURE ONLY 1 VOTE PER ADULT HUMAN

technopeasant on February 14, 2011 at 8:36 PM

What I find interesting about this poll is that I read the
American Spectator daily. There are few posts about Palin.
The ones that are posted usually come from a negative
viewpoint.

Amjean on February 14, 2011 at 11:20 PM

technopeasant on February 14, 2011 at 8:36 PM

No, I’d call is a worthless straw poll. The same type of poll that put has put Ron Paul in the lead for years.

You-Eh-Vee on February 14, 2011 at 11:36 PM

So we’re still doing the nominate-the-guy-whose-”turn”-it-is schtick, eh? Jebus, who the hell are these people who think that Mitt effing Romney would make a good president?

holygoat on February 14, 2011 at 11:49 PM

Ann turns the big 5-0 in December.

bw222 on February 14, 2011 at 11:06 PM

Menopause? I’ve seen that dastardly affliction take down many
a fine woman. All of that hormonal imbalance and what not.

P. Monk on February 14, 2011 at 11:53 PM

holygoat on February 14, 2011 at 11:49 PM

Prolly women don’cha know. Cause he is just so dam.ed kleen.

P. Monk on February 14, 2011 at 11:59 PM

Amjean on February 14, 2011 at 11:20 PM

I made the point elsewhere that Quin Hillyer, senior editor of AS has written two scathing articles on Palin, one in which he called her in dereliction of duty for resigning from office.

Absolutely right. I definitely would not call AS a Palin-friendly site. That is why the result is so astonishing.

technopeasant on February 15, 2011 at 12:27 AM

The last time I cared about what Coulter thought was … never.

If, as the RINOs are all saying, Palin can’t win, then why do they try so hard to stop her?

I believe Rush has the answer to that; They always tell you who they fear the most.

It is not the Palin supporters saying who should and should not run, that’s because we have complete confidence in our choice. There are millions of us supporting Palin and we are sticking with her, so get used to it.

Done That on February 15, 2011 at 6:46 AM

They’ll be telling us Palin can’t win right up until she wins.
It’s amazing to me, all of this really comes down to a few SNL skits. Here’s Obama sitting in the WH, the most unqualified President in our history, doesn’t even know how many states America has and yet the guy won. But then Palin, of course, she’s already proven she can win elections. She was selected already as a VP for a national campaign, she draws crowds everywhere she goes, raises all kinds of money, has an incredible following and yet,,,… no way she can win. Obama of course, sure he can win over and over, but Palin,? no way.

Personally, I love this. It shows where some people really are at. How many people really want a conservative President. I’ll tell you what, this isn’t really about conservatives. This is just plain about freedom. Freedom sells itself. I think some of us really don’t want to go back to more freedom. We like regulations. We like a little socialism. We are afraid of what might happen if government were really downsized. If agencies were really abolished.

America never needed to cozy up to socialists to draw people to her shores from all over the world! Conservatives don’t need to cozy up to RINO’s to draw votes! The party that convinces America they truly represent American ideals will sell itself! People will flood to it like thy have to America!

JellyToast on February 15, 2011 at 7:36 AM

I’m not afraid to let Palin participate in the primaries – I think she can win. I think a lot of the primaries will be driven by the debates – I think she will win those. I think the primaries will be driven by issues – I think she will win on those issues. I think the primaries will be driven by SOLUTIONS and I think she will win on her solutions.

Why not let the GOP voter decide who will be the next nominee?

When did the Republican party become anti-democratic?

Hmmmm …

I love the fear from the anti-Palinistas – I relish in it.

HondaV65 on February 15, 2011 at 8:22 AM

Romney ’12. Palin as his Sec Energy to open ALL our energy resources in the US
Hillary ’16

ginaswo on February 14, 2011 at 8:17 PM

You can’t be serious…..

98ZJUSMC on February 15, 2011 at 8:24 AM

I think Coulter’s point is that Palin has a unique ability to influence events in the GOP and the nation at large already. She’s already got a bully pulpit on Twitter, in her books, and on the speaking circuit. Why put up with all of the headaches of the WH when she can already speak directly to the American people?

hawksruleva on February 15, 2011 at 8:26 AM

I took Ann as saying that it would be a step down for Palin personally if she ran.

KBird on February 15, 2011 at 8:32 AM