Coulter: For Palin, running for president would be a step down

posted at 7:00 pm on February 14, 2011 by Allahpundit

The sequel to her now-famous assertion at CPAC that if Christie doesn’t jump in, Romney’s nomination and eventual defeat in the general election are a fait accompli. I’m not sure what she means here vis-a-vis Palin, beyond it being a complimentary way to avoid a straight answer on why she thinks Romney is bound to defeat her in the primaries. Running would be a step down because Palin’s so much larger than life that the office isn’t big enough? Or because she can make a lot more bank in the private sector than on a $400,000 presidential salary? Somehow, I think Palinistas will find that unconvincing, especially now that Kos’s pollster has her leading in a new state, namely, New Mexico.

Meanwhile, in the money primary of New Hampshire:

The poll shows 40 percent of likely Republican primary voters would vote for Romney, 10 percent would vote for former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani, 7 percent favor former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty, and 7 percent support former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee.

Another 6 percent prefer former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich, 6 percent favor 2008 vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin, 5 percent support U.S. Rep. and 2008 candidate Ron Paul, 3 percent support businessman Donald Trump, 1 percent favor former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum, and 1 percent prefer Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour…

Romney also has the highest favorability ratings of the potential candidates. Currently, 73 percent of likely Republican voters said they have a favorable opinion of him. Romney’s net favorability, the percentage having a favorable opinion minus the percentage of those with an unfavorable opinion, is 57 percent…

The least popular Republicans are Palin at minus-17 percent and Trump at minus-43 percent. Barbour has a net favorability of minus 1 percent, Indiana Gov. Mitch Daniels is at minus-1 percent and former New Mexico Gov Gary Johnson is at minus-5 percent.

Minor surprises: Giuliani in second (distantly) and T-Paw showing a spark of life in the state he’ll be targeting for a Romney upset. Also surprising is Mitch Daniels being completely off the grid. I know his name recognition is low right now, but surely politically active Republicans with their eye on 2012 have heard of him. Especially since New Hampshire’s the state where he’ll be looking to make his mark. Maybe the pollster didn’t include him as an option? I can’t find the crosstabs at the link.

Or maybe Republicans are already realizing that Daniels won’t run. I keep hearing that it’s unlikely both he and Barbour will jump in — they’re good enough friends that it’ll probably be one or the other — and Barbour sure looks like he’s ready. He’s an impressive guy and I have nothing against him, but honestly, I don’t understand the rationale for his candidacy in this cycle of all cycles. The GOP is trying to remake its brand, yes? Tea party, greater diversity, new fiscal responsibility, anti-Beltway, etc. So, the guy we’re going to run for president is … a former RNC chair turned lobbyist from the deep south? Really? I can see him at the bottom of the ticket paired with someone like Romney and Daniels who needs a little vicarious southern cred, but at the top? Really?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Sorry, Ann…but on this issue, you and I are at odds.

powerpro on February 14, 2011 at 7:03 PM

It’s her nice way of admitting Palin would be embarrassing as a candidate. *ducks*

Pasalubong on February 14, 2011 at 7:05 PM

Like many other fanboys who see their idol getting crushed by the Palin juggernaut, this is just wishful thinking on her part to keep her dream alive.

promachus on February 14, 2011 at 7:05 PM

Ann, I love ya babe, but… no.

44Magnum on February 14, 2011 at 7:06 PM

I take it Coulter’s prediction-making is done with the same weighty seriousness as all her other commentary, and balanced against that all-important criteria: will it get Ann Coulter mentioned somewhere?

TexasDan on February 14, 2011 at 7:07 PM

Pasalubong on February 14, 2011 at 7:05 PM

Was thinking the same exact thing. Move over

sherry on February 14, 2011 at 7:07 PM

Whatever.

The only way to settle it is in the Primaries. And even Ann Coulter can’t see that far ahead.

portlandon on February 14, 2011 at 7:08 PM

For this heresy, Palinistas declare Ann Coulter an enemy in 3 . . . 2. . . 1 . . .

keep the change on February 14, 2011 at 7:08 PM

It is Ann admitting that Palin can’t win. She was right about McCain…

ladyingray on February 14, 2011 at 7:08 PM

Has Ann got a book coming out…?

d1carter on February 14, 2011 at 7:08 PM

Christie/Ryan 2012 please before we have (more of) a fiscal trainwreck.

cpaulus on February 14, 2011 at 7:08 PM

Mmmmm…that Olive Garden pop up distracted me.

I think Ms. Coulter got an Inbox full from Sarah fans. It’s a cute way of CYA.

SouthernGent on February 14, 2011 at 7:09 PM

Does anybody else have a very very small smiley face in the lower left hand corner of their screen?

portlandon on February 14, 2011 at 7:09 PM

Ann Coulter makes me laugh.

terryannonline on February 14, 2011 at 7:09 PM

Stupid comment, Coulter.

Blake on February 14, 2011 at 7:09 PM

Has Ann got a book coming out…?

d1carter on February 14, 2011 at 7:08 PM

Yes. Obviously you knew that.

gh on February 14, 2011 at 7:10 PM

Cain/Palin.

gh on February 14, 2011 at 7:11 PM

Or maybe Republicans are already realizing that Daniels won’t run.

He has to run. Cripes, he’s the only potential candidate I can really support.

Pasalubong on February 14, 2011 at 7:05 PM

Was thinking the same exact thing. Move over

sherry on February 14, 2011 at 7:07 PM

Ditto…got room back there for one more?

JetBoy on February 14, 2011 at 7:11 PM

She was right about McCain…

ladyingray on February 14, 2011 at 7:08 PM

Who wasn’t?

darwin on February 14, 2011 at 7:12 PM

Oh,hell,Ten pages of Palin spam.

katy the mean old lady on February 14, 2011 at 7:12 PM

gh on February 14, 2011 at 7:10 PM

I rarely see a link to Ann, let alone a post here on HA…

d1carter on February 14, 2011 at 7:12 PM

Both the dems and repub elites fear Sarah but it’s not the only reason I’ll work for her. Palin 2012 has been on my truck since a guy gave me the bumper sticker at 9-12-09 in DC.

tim c on February 14, 2011 at 7:12 PM

portlandon on February 14, 2011 at 7:09 PM

Yes, I think it’s a wordpress blog thing.

sherry on February 14, 2011 at 7:12 PM

Pasalubong on February 14, 2011 at 7:05 PM

Was thinking the same exact thing. Move over

sherry on February 14, 2011 at 7:07 PM

Ditto…got room back there for one more?

JetBoy on February 14, 2011 at 7:11 PM

Great. All the cool kids are in the back of the bus. =)

portlandon on February 14, 2011 at 7:12 PM

I agree, I don’t get Barbour running either. He is a good guy, but I just don’t see why he’s doing it now. This is a transition time from the Boomers to the younger people stepping up. Heck, Mitt seems too have been around way to long too. Other than Palin, none of the candidates has any charisma, or strong conservative selling points to me.

JimP on February 14, 2011 at 7:12 PM

Well, I think Ann is correct, in the sense that Palin’s influence would actually go down if she took the Presidency.

However, I think Ann is missing the fact that all because it would be a step down doesn’t mean that Palin won’t do it.

Scott H on February 14, 2011 at 7:12 PM

Has Ann got a book coming out…?

d1carter on February 14, 2011 at 7:08 PM

dingetty ding dinger!

NY Conservative on February 14, 2011 at 7:13 PM

TexasDan on February 14, 2011 at 7:07 PM

Yup.

the_nile on February 14, 2011 at 7:13 PM

Yes, I think it’s a wordpress blog thing.

sherry on February 14, 2011 at 7:12 PM

Wheew. Thanks for confirming. I thought maybe I was going to have a Trojan Horse program take me out!

portlandon on February 14, 2011 at 7:13 PM

The year New Hampshire finally jumps the shark.

tarpon on February 14, 2011 at 7:14 PM

Well in that case, time to start measuring the drapes.

YYZ on February 14, 2011 at 7:15 PM

He has no chance in winning. I wonder why these candidates that have little chance of winning jump in? They must know they have zero chance to make it. I guess they just do it to raise their profile or something. I don’t know.

terryannonline on February 14, 2011 at 7:15 PM

Dumb story.

I like this one better…..

Today the White House finally produced its proposal for the 2012 budget. Beware of the left’s attempt to sell this as “getting tough on the deficit,” because as an analysis from Americans for Tax Reform shows, the White House’s plans are more about raising taxes and growing more government than reducing budget shortfalls.

The fine print reveals a White House proposal to increase taxes by at least $1.5 trillion over the next decade. If you want to know how minuscule their proposed $775 million-a-year budget “cuts” really are, please look at this chart. The proposed cuts are so insignificant – less than 1/10 of 1% of this year’s $1.65 trillion budget deficit – that they are essentially invisible on the pie chart. That speaks volumes about today’s budget.

- Sarah Palin

idesign on February 14, 2011 at 7:15 PM

Love Ann, love Palin – Ann’s doing what Ann does ie saying what she thinks. She’s always said Palin should wait until later to run – I disagree with her, but that’s what she’s said, repeatedly. In this case, I think she’s wrong, but I still love’er.

/Palin12

elcapt on February 14, 2011 at 7:16 PM

Pasalubong on February 14, 2011 at 7:05 PM

Not really.

If Palin runs , she know what it takes and why she does it.

the_nile on February 14, 2011 at 7:18 PM

Barbour is over. Damned amnesty lobbyist.

misterpeasea on February 14, 2011 at 7:18 PM

Ann’s got a chubby crush.

Obama is theoretically articulate (can read a TOTUS), and he sucks.

Articulate is nice, but competence is better.

Christie’s positions on the Second Amendment and Islam are demonstrations of fundamental incompetence.

Leave him in Joisey.

profitsbeard on February 14, 2011 at 7:19 PM

Prognosticators masticate and eviscerate. In other news, it’s dark at 10.

Tennman on February 14, 2011 at 7:21 PM

Christie?

Wake up, Ann.

A. Hasn’t he pretty clearly said he’s not doing it?

B. Lots of folks like his bluntness, but I think there’s plenty of ammo there for primary opponents who need to go “RINO-hunting” if he does run (e.g., 2nd. Amendment.)

cs89 on February 14, 2011 at 7:22 PM

“… Ann… was right about McCain…
ladyingray on February 14, 2011 at 7:08 PM”

Hey, ‘Lady’:

True, but there were many, many of us who predicted the same. That one wasn’t a tough call. Mitt winning if it isn’t Christie is tougher, IMO.

Best regrads.

JimP on February 14, 2011 at 7:22 PM

That’s the problem. They’re always looking for some “star” and not someone who can get the job done. I’m tired of the Republicans trying to play the Democrat game and failing.

mizflame98 on February 14, 2011 at 7:22 PM

Is Daniels CPAC speech up on youtube?

gh on February 14, 2011 at 7:23 PM

Barbour is over. Damned amnesty lobbyist.

misterpeasea on February 14, 2011 at 7:18 PM

That sux.
The Mr has him @the top of his wish list…or should I say had him at the top of his wish list.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 14, 2011 at 7:24 PM

For now, I think Christie’s our most electable. Not that he’ll run. Not that he’s our most conservative or our best. Just our most electable.

As for Ann’s comment on Palin, I think the issue is which is a step down, president or GOP kingmaker and leader of a movement with generational impacts. Sure, it’s arguable, but I definitely see Ann’s point.

petefrt on February 14, 2011 at 7:26 PM

My position on Palin is what I think Ann meant: Palin as President is considerably less powerful than Palin as political sniper.

She had the power to change the entire course of the Democrat-driven and controlled health care proposal on the strength of one FB note; Obama couldn’t do it with a speech from the Oval Office. If she’s POTUS, she’ll never garner support from D-Senators and she’ll have to compromise on policy; as a pundit, she never has to compromise and still drives the debate.

It’s about power.

BKeyser on February 14, 2011 at 7:27 PM

He has to run. Cripes, he’s the only potential candidate I can really support.

JetBoy on February 14, 2011 at 7:11 PM

Why? You haven’t answered my questions about his stance on issues…

ladyingray on February 14, 2011 at 7:27 PM

Awful.

Nice speech but horrible presentation.

gh on February 14, 2011 at 7:27 PM

That sux.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 14, 2011 at 7:24 PM

Mr. Twerp? :D

powerpro on February 14, 2011 at 7:27 PM

What’s so hard to understand about Palin having absolutely NO chance of winning? Coulter is correct.

BrianVII on February 14, 2011 at 7:28 PM

How about a Daniels/Cain ticket?

Purple Fury on February 14, 2011 at 7:28 PM

Also stop bringing up Christie. He’s said about 50 times he’s not running.

BrianVII on February 14, 2011 at 7:29 PM

BKeyser: While I agree with you about the meaning of Ann’s statement, I must disagree with the rest of what you said.

Rush Limbaugh has been the voice of conservatism for quite a while, and I don’t really see the impact in that time frame.

At some point, the actual power to do things must be taken into account.

Scott H on February 14, 2011 at 7:30 PM

JimP on February 14, 2011 at 7:22 PM

Mittens is a flip flopper…who the hell knows where he stands? Even he doesn’t…

ladyingray on February 14, 2011 at 7:31 PM

petefrt on February 14, 2011 at 7:26 PM

I love Gov. Christie’s bravado but how will he hold up when he has to admit to being pro-gun control and I have heard pro-amnesty? It’s not surprising that the Queen of Snark would find that an attractive quality in a candidate.

Cindy Munford on February 14, 2011 at 7:31 PM

JetBoy on February 14, 2011 at 7:11 PM

So you have ditched Boehner and hitched onto Daniels. BTW, read some goss that Daniels swings your way. Is that why you support him?

promachus on February 14, 2011 at 7:31 PM

BrianVII: If Palin cannot win, you are saying that the media can elect whoever they want. We may as well give up at that point.

Scott H on February 14, 2011 at 7:32 PM

Mr. Twerp? :D

powerpro on February 14, 2011 at 7:27 PM

More like Mr. Curmudgeon.
His favorite word is ‘nightmare’.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 14, 2011 at 7:32 PM

Pasalubong on February 14, 2011 at 7:05 PM

exactly

brak on February 14, 2011 at 7:34 PM

promachus on February 14, 2011 at 7:31 PM

Daniels is married and has 3 daughters I think.
His wife dumped him and left him with the kids, got remarried, and when that marriage fell apart they reconciled.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 14, 2011 at 7:34 PM

terryannonline on February 14, 2011 at 7:15 PM

Barbour is 100 times better than Romney or Daniels. Why won’t you or AP tell your dimwits to drop?

promachus on February 14, 2011 at 7:35 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on February 14, 2011 at 7:34 PM

Have you heard of a thing called closet?

promachus on February 14, 2011 at 7:36 PM

Cindy Munford on February 14, 2011 at 7:31 PM

He’s also a bit to close to Islamists.
He just nominate the islamstic lawyer of one of the Gitmo’ detainees to the State supreme court.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 14, 2011 at 7:36 PM

Seems like the passive aggressive way to say Palin shouldn’t even run. We already know AC thinks she can’t win….and I would tend to agree.

lynncgb on February 14, 2011 at 7:36 PM

More like Mr. Curmudgeon.
His favorite word is ‘nightmare’.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 14, 2011 at 7:32 PM

Are we talking Mr. Glass is half empty or full on cynic?

(both would be appropriate given the state of our Republic)

powerpro on February 14, 2011 at 7:38 PM

Have you heard of a thing called closet?

promachus on February 14, 2011 at 7:36 PM

Yes, I’ve heard.
I believe with Mark Kirk-my DIABNO Senator-but I’ve read nothing that indicates that Daniels is in one.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 14, 2011 at 7:38 PM

Coulter isn’t the only conservative looking for a candidate who can beat Obama in 2012. Why else are we seriously considering charisma-challenged candidates like Mitch Daniels, Tim Pawlenty, or Haley Barbour? I wish Palin were not so polarizing, but she is even among Republicans. If she wins the nomination in 2012 but loses to Obama, her career will be damaged beyond repair. She is better off out of presidential politics, commanding attention and lucrative earnings.

Terrie on February 14, 2011 at 7:40 PM

promachus on February 14, 2011 at 7:35 PM

AP is not a fan of the Southern accent.

Cindy Munford on February 14, 2011 at 7:40 PM

Are we talking Mr. Glass is half empty or full on cynic?

(both would be appropriate given the state of our Republic)

powerpro on February 14, 2011 at 7:38 PM
It depends on the topic.
Admittedly, neither of us are ‘Suzie Sunshine’s’. LoL

annoyinglittletwerp on February 14, 2011 at 7:40 PM

Sarah Palin competing in the primaries?

Think monster truck competing in a lawnmower race.

Not only will she win, she will run everyone else over in the process and everyone in the audience will be holding their hands to their ears from the noise.

And cheering wildly for more.

turfmann on February 14, 2011 at 7:41 PM

well, the Paultard just sent out a “Send me Money” request to his cultist to send him to Iowa so that fool is definitely running. Palin running would atleast greatly diminish him, annoying cultist we have to put up with aside.

jp on February 14, 2011 at 7:42 PM

Terrie on February 14, 2011 at 7:40 PM

I think she is polarizing amongst Republicans who think the damage the media has heaped on her cannot be undone. It is a fear I have myself. I have never seen this kind of treatment of someone who’s only sin is a conservative ideology and the desire to serve. I don’t know how she overcomes what has been done to her.

Cindy Munford on February 14, 2011 at 7:44 PM

“money primary”

ROFL… NH is meaningless this cycle. It’s mitt’s backyard. It would be like calling Texas the “money primary” for Perry….

unseen on February 14, 2011 at 7:44 PM

You are going down the wrong road Ann, you will lose a lot of support if you hitch your horse to the CC wagon .

Sandybourne on February 14, 2011 at 7:45 PM

It depends on the topic.
Admittedly, neither of us are ‘Suzie Sunshine’s’. LoL

annoyinglittletwerp on February 14, 2011 at 7:40 PM

That explains the killer sense of humor you display via dry wit. Lots of folks who are well informed on the issues find solace in comedy. At least in my experience. :)

powerpro on February 14, 2011 at 7:45 PM

Terrie on February 14, 2011 at 7:40 PM

What a load of crap……

idesign on February 14, 2011 at 7:46 PM

promachus on February 14, 2011 at 7:31 PM

You are funny…but then, looks aren’t everything.

Why? You haven’t answered my questions about his stance on issues…

ladyingray on February 14, 2011 at 7:27 PM

I would love to…what questions do you have?

JetBoy on February 14, 2011 at 7:48 PM

Cindy Munford on February 14, 2011 at 7:44 PM

Well, that’s what a campaign is for.

All the candidates have imperfections. All have mountains to climb.

In Palin’s case, her problems are mostly a media construct; whereas my problems with other candidates are issue-based/substantive.

So her challenge will be to overcome and come up with a solid strategy to bypass and rewrite the narrative.

I think we’ve already seen her lay the groundwork in that regard…but it ain’t nothing until we see her in the role of candidate and watch her maneuver in that role.

powerpro on February 14, 2011 at 7:48 PM

MBM: “Palin is an idiot, she can’t win!” “Palin is an idiot, she can’t win!” “Palin is an idiot, she can’t win!” “Palin is an idiot, she can’t win!” “Palin is an idiot, she can’t win!” “Palin is an idiot, she can’t win!” “Palin is an idiot, she can’t win!”

The masses: “Hey, know what I think…Palin is and idot, she can’t win!”

winston on February 14, 2011 at 7:49 PM

Daniels or T-Paw.

Substance over star power.

rickyricardo on February 14, 2011 at 7:49 PM

Cindy Munford on February 14, 2011 at 7:44 PM

Yes, exactly this. However, if this can be done to Sarah Palin, it can be done to any conservative. And that means that we indeed do not have a way forward.

Scott H on February 14, 2011 at 7:50 PM

Ann Coulter……..

…..the Lady Gaga of the Conservative movement!!

PappyD61 on February 14, 2011 at 7:51 PM

Did you see that look she gave the camera when she said that about Palin?

I wish they let her elaborate.

jjjen on February 14, 2011 at 7:51 PM

promachus on February 14, 2011 at 7:31 PM

Got a link?

Knucklehead on February 14, 2011 at 7:51 PM

Terrie on February 14, 2011 at 7:40 PM

What is the Logical-Theoretical basis for this reasoning? What is the Historical-Empirical basis for this reasoning?

Neither analytic nor synthetic distinctions support by necessity your stance.

Reagan didn’t even win the nomination and his Political career was not damaged beyond repair. Far from it. He became president later.

Where is it written that if you lose one race you can’t win another one later?

Geochelone on February 14, 2011 at 7:51 PM

If Palin runs and does well. She writes her own ticket. Either she wins the whole thing, the nomination or comes in a decent 2nd or 3rd. Each shows without a doubt that her support would be deep and wide. and then her voice becomes one that the establishment must listen too unlike say a Rush or a Levin who have a big following but are brushed aside because of no electoral success.

the only way Palin’s power is deminsihed is if she doesn’t run or if she runs and finsihes a distant last.

It is no coincidence tha tthe leites do not want her to run because they know her running increases her power. regardless of the final outcome as long as she isn’t in naders range. and Nader still had power to some extent.

unseen on February 14, 2011 at 7:52 PM

Scott H on February 14, 2011 at 7:50 PM

It just mean we have to overcome it.

powerpro on February 14, 2011 at 7:48 PM

I agree that’s she has tried. The stuff that I heard former co-workers say both astounded me in its’ dishonesty and how effective the media has been. It’s going to be tough.

Cindy Munford on February 14, 2011 at 7:55 PM

Palin would do better outside political offices as a coach/trainer for those who are running for office. This way, she can select and help support those who she finds going in the right direction AND she can run interference for these candidates by soaking up all the hate from the left that otherwise might be directed at conservative candidates. Plus, she can pick and choose her schedule to match family needs…

drfredc on February 14, 2011 at 7:56 PM

So PPP shows Palin losing in SD its front page news at Hotair.

PPP shows Palin winning in NM is a link? and the front page news is a small regional poll of 350people showing surprise Mitt leading in his home away from home state and Ann saying Palin can’t win……

yeah nothing to see here folks….

unseen on February 14, 2011 at 7:57 PM

Cindy Munford on February 14, 2011 at 7:55 PM

and of course you stood up and explained how the media is lying?

unseen on February 14, 2011 at 7:58 PM

Ann Coulter……..

…..the Lady Gaga of the Conservative movement!!

PappyD61 on February 14, 2011 at 7:51 PM

Give me a break.

You-Eh-Vee on February 14, 2011 at 7:59 PM

powerpro on February 14, 2011 at 7:45 PM

Your kind words just made my evening.
Thanks!

annoyinglittletwerp on February 14, 2011 at 8:00 PM

the palin hatred is a mile wide and an inch deep. It is nothing but a “cool thing” to do. when confronted with their hate most people show embarassment. It’s like cusing is cool until an adult tells you what an idiot you are.

Once people are confronted with Palin support they quickly backtrack. It is only the hardcore leftist that continue afterwards. thes epeople will never vote for her so it doesn’t matter.

unseen on February 14, 2011 at 8:00 PM

drfredc on February 14, 2011 at 7:56 PM

You mean after she cooks dinner and cleans the house?

idesign on February 14, 2011 at 8:03 PM

unseen: I do not know who you talk to, but around here I can’t make a dent how much I speak on her behalf.

Cindy: If you can tell me how we’re expected to fight a smear made by the media that has been so successful that even Republicans believe it, I would be much obliged.

Scott H on February 14, 2011 at 8:03 PM

Scott H on February 14, 2011 at 8:03 PM

I would suggest you move then. It’s really simple to list all of Palin’s accomplishments and then at the end ask does that sound like a stupid person to you? Most of the people will answer no it doesn’t it. Then simply ask well if the media lied about that what else is the media lying to you about with regards to Gov Palin. most of the conversation afterwards is based on how terrible Obama is. everyone agrees on that excpet those hardcore liberals. and when the people see those people that hate Palin are the same ones that love Obama it’s usally game set and match.

unseen on February 14, 2011 at 8:08 PM

Cindy Munford on February 14, 2011 at 7:44 PM

Did you tell Dubya not to run in 2004 because Michael Moore made a movie about him?

Media did the same job on Bush as well except whenever it tried to do a semar job we didn’t have conservative elites joining them and helping them to do one better.

If this is the logic we want to adopt, we might as well never run. Do you think MSM will give Romney/Daniels or whoever the favorite is a fair chance? But if MSM dumps on them, I am sure I am going to join them as well. Because that’s what you are all doing to my candidate.

promachus on February 14, 2011 at 8:09 PM

unseen on February 14, 2011 at 8:00 PM

I had a female friend who loved Reagan. She lived in CA during his governorship.

One day at a cafe she made a snark about Palin. You know “I can see Russia from my house.” I kindly explained to her that that was a Tina Fey thing on SNL and that Gov Palin never said it. She at first didn’t believe me. But another female friend (a lib) confirmed what I was saying.

I explained further Palin’s record and what Michael Reagan had said about Palin after the convention.

My friend was so embarrassed at how she was fooled by the media that she began to cry. It is so easy to be fooled by the disinformation campaign, but it is easily reconciled as well. We just have our work cut out for us.

The Blood Libel MisogyNistas will fold if we resist them. If we do not, they gain an upper hand and bolstered by their success they will continue the practice.

Geochelone on February 14, 2011 at 8:12 PM

promachus on February 14, 2011 at 8:09 PM

the media laughed at Mitt’s speech at CPAC. they snickered. I would rather have a candidate that the media respects enough to try to tear down then one they openly snicker at like Mitt. Danials they don’t know how to deal with. they don’t want to attack a fellow democrat but if danials goes up against Obama he will be painted as anything but the democrat he is…

unseen on February 14, 2011 at 8:13 PM

Geochelone on February 14, 2011 at 8:12 PM

while I never had a friend cry over it I have had several get really pissed off once they knew the truth and are some of gov Palin’s strongest supporters.

what is that saying “there is a thin line between love and hate” finding out you have been lied too tends to push people over that line quickly…..

unseen on February 14, 2011 at 8:15 PM