Coulter at CPAC: If we don’t run Chris Christie, Romney will be the nominee — and he’ll lose

posted at 5:10 pm on February 12, 2011 by Allahpundit

An amazing clip considering Romney finished second, way ahead of the rest of the major GOP candidates (but behind predictable winner Ron Paul), in the CPAC straw poll. Plenty of grassroots righties would agree with the second part of Coulter’s statement (and some with the first part too), but for someone of her “true conservative” stature to drop it on a frontrunner at CPAC is shocking. And Mitt gets off relatively easy here, I think: Remember who it was who wrote the piece at Human Events in 2008 crowning Palin “conservative of the year”? Sarahcuda’s an afterthought in her formulation. Wow.

Around the same time that this was breaking on Twitter, Melissa Clouthier of Red State (who’s at the conference) claimed that Allen West answered a blogger’s question about GOProud by saying he’s for liberty for all Americans. We’ll have to wait for a direct quote to parse that further, but between him and Coulter, let me just say on behalf of myself and other RINOs everywhere: RINO-tastic! Click the image to watch.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Who’s Chris Christie?

We want Ron Paul 2012

Spazzi on February 12, 2011 at 5:13 PM

Christie couldn’t get nominated for a House seat west of East Orange.

F**k Ron Paul.

Jaibones on February 12, 2011 at 6:01 PM

Wrong on both accounts. Please get your facts on RomneyCare and the Jesus and Satan are brothers doctrine.

Conservative Samizdat on February 12, 2011 at 6:00 PM

How is it wrong to point out that Mitt Romney signed a socialist health care bill into law? Are you going to tell me he did not sign it into law? Or pass along that “it’s not socialist cause it’s constitutional” bullsh!t? Mitt’s mormonism doesn’t bother me. The fact that his principles (such as they are) don’t square with my own is enough to ensure that he doesn’t get my vote.

gryphon202 on February 12, 2011 at 6:03 PM

Too bad he’s not conservative.

single stack on February 12, 2011 at 5:58 PM

Or anything even close to it. He looks conservative when he’s taunting New Jersey teachers’ union punks, but beyond that the guy is a gold-plated RINO.

Jaibones on February 12, 2011 at 6:03 PM

Jaibones on February 12, 2011 at 6:01 PM

Christie would be at the top of the dog pile if he threw his hat in. What’s more, given his physique there isn’t chance of any one crawling out either :-)

MJBrutus on February 12, 2011 at 6:03 PM

And the attacks on Palin will be bloody, catty, vicious and highly unfair. Shame, that one.

Jewels on February 12, 2011 at 5:56 PM

Why is it a shame? Those people are unhinged—a form of insanity—why would you want to allow insane people to pick your candidate for you?

Just ignore them.

FloatingRock on February 12, 2011 at 6:04 PM

People like yourself are destroying Palin’s goodwill.

IR-MN on February 12, 2011 at 5:57 PM

This fascinates me. Anonymous commenters on a blog can affect how people feel about Palin?

Romney, T-Paw, Christie, Daniels, Cain supporters take note … you may be the cause of your favorite losing support.

darwin on February 12, 2011 at 6:04 PM

Jaibones on February 12, 2011 at 6:03 PM

Who cares? Christie isn’t running. Period. End-of-story. There’s no drafting Christie.

gryphon202 on February 12, 2011 at 6:04 PM

Ann’s losing it.

right4life on February 12, 2011 at 5:29 PM

Go back and watch this one and you may change your mind again.

ericdijon on February 12, 2011 at 6:05 PM

Ann has an irrational affection for Christie as a candidate. I think he reminds her of her union busting Dad. The NE is a political dead zone for candidates, from both parties. They simply are too far out of the mainstream to ever win the electoral votes needed for President. Even a guy like Christie who is much better than your average NE pol still has too much liberal baggage.

Rocks on February 12, 2011 at 6:05 PM

Rocks on February 12, 2011 at 6:05 PM

Christie’s suitability for Republican office is a moot point, and I wish the debate would end; he’s not running!

gryphon202 on February 12, 2011 at 6:07 PM

Ann Coulter is just trying to make headlines and I guess it worked.

Does she have a new book coming out soon?

Knucklehead on February 12, 2011 at 6:08 PM

Daniels was the best speech by far. He is the big winner at CPAC.

John the Libertarian on February 12, 2011 at 6:13 PM

WTH? Are some of you on drugs?

Mitt can’t beat Obama. Obama already showed how he can run circles around a moderate Republican candidate trying to draw middle-to-the-left support when he deep sixed John McCain.

And don’t tell me Mitt will try the high comedy of driving trucks to fund raisers and trying to recast himself as some kind of conservative. He’s not.

We put up a candidate like Mitt who tries the same Democrat-Lite strategy that almost gave Kerry the White House in 2004 and led McCain to disaster in 2008, we DESERVE the next 4 years we’d get of the Obama circus.

Christie is a social liberal and a fiscal conservative. The mess we’re in right now with the debt, that’s far better than a social moderate and a fiscal liberal, which is what Mitt’s track record says he is.

manofaiki on February 12, 2011 at 6:15 PM

Daniels was the best speech by far. He is the big winner at CPAC.

John the Libertarian on February 12, 2011 at 6:13 PM

Daniels was the best I agree..UNTIL..Col. West just gave his whiz banger!!!..:)

Dire Straits on February 12, 2011 at 6:15 PM

Dire Straits on February 12, 2011 at 6:15 PM

I’ll have to check out the whole thing re: West. I admire him a lot, and Fox had the first part of the speech and then cut away when it got a little slow.

John the Libertarian on February 12, 2011 at 6:20 PM

She’s right. Christie has center appeal and his own sort of flamboyant charisma. It’s not like conservatives are going to support Obama just because they didn’t get the purist candidate of their choice. They’ll get on board. Christie can put Obama out on his ass… and THAT’s what counts.

Romney, bless him, offers all the excitement of a Ken doll. He’s a retread from last year, and Romneycare is going to be a nearly indefensible albatross around his neck. Palin’s too polarizing, she can’t deliver the middle.

Christie’s been very direct about his intention to NOT run, but we need to change his mind. Four more years of Obama isn’t good for any of us, New Jersey included. If I was him, I’d pull a Fred Thompson and let my arm be twisted in the fall. Unlike Fred though… I’d be ready to make a fat-man splash on arrival. It’ll be GLORIOUS!!! lol

Murf76 on February 12, 2011 at 6:24 PM

John the Libertarian on February 12, 2011 at 6:20 PM

West speech was very good..You definitely need to hear all of it..:)

Dire Straits on February 12, 2011 at 6:24 PM

unseen on February 12, 2011 at 6:00 PM

He’ll beat Palin in IA; I can say that much.

darwin on February 12, 2011 at 6:04 PM

Correct. Ask how most people feel about Paul; and some of it has to do about his supporters. Palinistas are as bad as the Paulbots.

IR-MN on February 12, 2011 at 6:26 PM

I reiterate: I WILL NOTvote for another McCain.™

davidk on February 12, 2011 at 6:27 PM

IR-MN on February 12, 2011 at 6:26 PM

You’re just as bad as a Paulbot.

Blake on February 12, 2011 at 6:29 PM

CPAC does seem to be a RINOlicious event this year.

I really don’t understand it…CPAC stands for CONSERVATIVE Political Action Conference. You would expect some CONSERVATIVE principles to highlighted. It does seem that everyone is taking Mitch Daniels advice and calling a truce on social issues.

I just saw on FOX a poll done by FOX that has Romney losing to Obama 48% to 41% (and he does the best). I don’t understand this. With the massive spending, tax increases, botching of BP oil spill, the mess in Europe, the Apology World Tour, and 9% unemployment, how the top Republican could be losing to Obama by such a large margin.

I suspect Obama will win re-election, mainly because the economy will have improved by 2012.

ramrants on February 12, 2011 at 6:30 PM

gryphon202 on February 12, 2011 at 6:03 PM

RomneyCare isn’t socialist because there is no take over of health care. There is no state run health care. All the law requires is that people get insured from a private insurer.

Its a free market, capitalist solution to health care that was designed only specifically for Massachusetts.

ObamaCare is a government take over of health care. Not only that, but Obama wanted a single payer option.

Mitt Romney has never endorsed the idea of a single payer option either at the state or federal level. He endorses private insurance companies be able to compete in the market for customers.

Anyways, I think Ann Coulter’s statement was a subtle endorsement of Mitt.

Conservative Samizdat on February 12, 2011 at 6:30 PM

Conservative Samizdat on February 12, 2011 at 6:00 PM

Aside from RomneyCare, I would like to say thanx for the support.
I almost wish Mitt would win the nomination so I could see all of the religious bigots crawl out from under their rocks.
I saw it during the last presidential primaries.

But I personally can’t support Mitt.
I do know that the Huck crowd (not all) is very bigoted in general concerning Mormons.
And for that reason alone Mitt just needs to forget it & support someone else.
I don’t want to see him anymore.

Badger40 on February 12, 2011 at 6:31 PM

manofaiki on February 12, 2011 at 6:15 PM

Agreed. Reagan once said, “The person who agrees with you 80 percent of the time is a friend and an ally — not a 20 percent traitor.”

In Christie’s case, it’s particularly good news that the 20% is NOT in the fiscal conservative column.

Murf76 on February 12, 2011 at 6:31 PM

i wonder why allah thinks it’s a bigger story that west says that about gays and not that huck said the same thing. I would think Huck the bibler conservative declaring homosexuality a private concern would be major news….

unseen on February 12, 2011 at 5:25 PM

RINOs stick together man!

They’d rather lose with Huckabee than win with a pair of leaders that will shake things up. So they gotta give Huckabee a LOT of cover!

Palin/West accept no substitutes!

gary4205 on February 12, 2011 at 6:32 PM

IR-MN on February 12, 2011 at 6:26 PM

Dude/Dudette … not once has it even crossed my mind to reconsider my support for someone because of what their supporters may have said on a blog or elsewhere.

For the life of me I can’t understand why people take anonymous comments so damn personally.

darwin on February 12, 2011 at 6:32 PM

darwin on February 12, 2011 at 6:32 PM

It’s the same reason that a lot of conservative figures are vilified; any one with convictions they can’t be swayed from is labeled a “kook” or worse. It’s the same reason liberals can’t be honest, and have to resort to “messaging.”

gryphon202 on February 12, 2011 at 6:38 PM

Conservative Samizdat on February 12, 2011 at 6:00 PM

Wrong, wrong, wrong, people who don’t purchase insurance are fined 2,500, with the threat of jail. Meanwhile, their tax dollars pay for every lowlife in the state to get crowns on their teeth.

tessa on February 12, 2011 at 6:39 PM

BTW, people need to remember, that Ann Coulter used to date Bill Maher. In fact she hangs with a LOT of libs. That has to screw up her brain a tad.

gary4205 on February 12, 2011 at 6:42 PM

OIC. So it’s not socialist to require people to buy something at the state level, but we’re crowing about how it’s wrong at the state level. Just because it’s constitutional, that doesn’t make it a good idea.

And it’s failing badly for all the same reasons that Obamacare will fail when it is fully implemented. The only difference really is that the people of mass-uh-chew-sits have someplace else to go to get away from it.

He wanted it, but he didn’t get it. Obamacare, unconstitutional as it is, is the same thing that Romneycare is: A mandate to buy a product. That’s a tarnish that Romney won’t be able to get rid of as long as he can’t say “I was wrong to sign that bill into law.”

By requiring people to buy stuff? That’s not the free market, dude. Whoever told you otherwise was painfully ignorant.

Anyways, I think Ann Coulter’s statement was a subtle endorsement of Mitt.

Conservative Samizdat on February 12, 2011 at 6:30 PM

“Mitt won’t win” is a subtle endorsement? I guess a lot of Palin detractors must be issuing “subtle endorsements” of her, too.

gryphon202 on February 12, 2011 at 6:42 PM

So it’s not socialist to require people to buy something at the state level, but we’re crowing about how it’s wrong at the state federal level.

gryphon202 on February 12, 2011 at 6:42 PM

FIFM

gryphon202 on February 12, 2011 at 6:43 PM

tessa on February 12, 2011 at 6:39 PM

Yes, people do have to pay a fine. But there is no jail sentence under RomneyCare. You’re confusing that with ObamaCare.

Secondly, everyone pays for their own health care. Either they are paying for it out of their own pocket or they’re paying for it in the forms of a federally subsidized medical voucher in which they can use that money to purchase insurance from any private health insurance company.

Conservative Samizdat on February 12, 2011 at 6:43 PM

I’m thinking of giving up my usual Winter ski vacation next year and make a big weekend (or hey, a whole week!) of going to CPAC. I’ve never been, and we can stop by “Bloggers Row” and chat with Ed.

JetBoy on February 12, 2011 at 5:55 PM

Next year will be the year to go. An election year, and, of course, we all know that will be the year Palin finally agrees to attend. ;)

Vyce on February 12, 2011 at 6:44 PM

Ann Coulter is just trying to make headlines and I guess it worked.

Does she have a new book coming out soon?

Knucklehead on February 12, 2011 at 6:08 PM

In fact, so does.

Mystery solved.

gary4205 on February 12, 2011 at 6:45 PM

Conservative Samizdat on February 12, 2011 at 6:43 PM

I was assured that there was no jail sentence under Obamacare, either. I know because Proud Rino and crr6 said so. I’m sorry that it makes some individuals so uncomfortable to think that a Republican governor could support a socialist policy, but come on. Is it really beyond the pale, considering how far our freedoms have eroded in the last 100 years?

gryphon202 on February 12, 2011 at 6:47 PM

Romney would lose.

But so would Christie.

Huck wouldget destroyed.

Sarah can’t recover from damage done (down-home one-liners can’t save her).

The answer has to come from outside the circle (Ron Paul is in that circle… and would lose too).

mankai on February 12, 2011 at 6:48 PM

Coulter is being silly.

Romney has a far better chance than Christie just on the chicks-like-good-looks vote.

Christie is okay at fighting teachers’ unions in Joisey, period.

For the rest, he sucks.

profitsbeard on February 12, 2011 at 6:48 PM

mankai on February 12, 2011 at 6:48 PM

Sorry. If you really don’t know who to vote for, stay home on primary day and let the adults do the heavy lifting. I have a favored candidate, and I’ve thought long and hard already about what to do if my favored nominee isn’t in the mix come time for my state’s primary. I don’t hold it against those that can’t make up their mind; but don’t lecutre those of us that can.

gryphon202 on February 12, 2011 at 6:50 PM

gryphon202 on February 12, 2011 at 6:42 PM

Beacuse the state is not restricted… because as an American I can move to another state.

mankai on February 12, 2011 at 6:50 PM

darwin on February 12, 2011 at 6:32 PM

You think it’s REALLY offended or turned off? I don’t . It’s just another talking point. Another focus group tested meme.

You notice only a select few use it.

Total BS.

It’s just a variation on concern trolling.

There are no more obnoxious people on earth than Romney supporters, but they don’t bother me a bit. They are what they are.

No one with a brain ever changed a vote over a supporter.

gary4205 on February 12, 2011 at 6:50 PM

Romney was clergy for fifteen years in the most conservative religion in America. Its funny how people think he is the most moderate.

PrezHussein on February 12, 2011 at 6:53 PM

No one with a brain ever changed a vote over a supporter.

gary4205 on February 12, 2011 at 6:50 PM

So that opens up the possibility that we are in a major Abilene paradox, and the people speaking out most loudly about any candidate are the people who would never vote for that candidate in the first place.

*sigh*

gryphon202 on February 12, 2011 at 6:53 PM

gryphon202 on February 12, 2011 at 6:50 PM

I voted in the 2008 primary… and I knew no matter which candidate I chose (there were only two left)… he would lose.

I don’t want to lose in 2012. Admit it, none of the big names can beat Obama (barring a national tragedy). After the drubbing the Left took in 2010, you’d think some “known” name would poll consistently well against BHO… but so far, that has not come to fruition.

Who is your candidate… and how is he/she polling against BHO?

mankai on February 12, 2011 at 6:54 PM

mankai on February 12, 2011 at 6:50 PM

The state is not restricted. That’s what makes Romneycare constitutional. I said Romneycare is SOCIALIST.

Socialist =/= unconstitutional

Unconstitutional = the feds mandating states do things not in the federal enumerated powers.

Unconstitutional = the states doing things expressly forbidden to it

Nowhere have I ever criticized Romneycare on a consitutional basis. What I have said, and what is hard for me to get past, is that Romney’s support of socialized medicine saps him entirely of any credibility he has to criticize Obamacare.

gryphon202 on February 12, 2011 at 6:56 PM

Conservative Samizdat on February 12, 2011 at 6:43 PM

RomneyBot. Listen up. RomneyCare is government run health care. You have the GOVERNMENT putting price controls on what insurance companies can charge, while at the same time telling what the MUST cover. They are putting price controls on hospitals as well.

OH, and there are “comparative medicine boards” (death panels) as well.

There are no significant major difference between RomneyCare and ObamaCare. In fact, RomneyCare was the blueprint for O-Care.

I still remember that jackazz Romney laughing like a deranged hyena while signing RomneyCare into law with Teddy Kennedy by his side.

Romney is just another progressive/socialist/scam artist.

gary4205 on February 12, 2011 at 6:57 PM

mankai on February 12, 2011 at 6:50 PM

Bingo.

Under ObamaCare, there’s no escaping the plan since every where you go in America, you’ll still be under ObamaCare.

And under Socialist Russia, China, North Korea, you’re stuck and not free to leave and try to escape the system.

Under RomneyCare, if you don’t like that plan, you can go to another state that has a health care plan you like. You’re free to go to Nevada, Texas, Utah, California, Alaska or any state you’re free to go to.

Conservative Samizdat on February 12, 2011 at 6:58 PM

Who is your candidate… and how is he/she polling against BHO?

mankai on February 12, 2011 at 6:54 PM

You know, all the arguing in here about candidates is such a clusterf**k, I’m not sure I really feel like mentioning a name. I will say that Herman Cain is the only candidate who has actually floated an exploratory committee, and he is not my one favored candidate, but I could be convinced to jump on the Cain train if that’s what it came down to.

“Polling against BHO” isn’t how I pick my candidate. I have chosen a candidate, whom I hope will run, on the basis of how each candidate appears to mirror my beliefs and principles. Polls, speeches, and political gamesmanship are moot for me after 2008.

gryphon202 on February 12, 2011 at 6:59 PM

I call pure bullshit on this take from AC…
Obama will not be our President following this term, doesn’t matter if it were Mitt or any other legit candidate. Lots of names in the mix right now, not just Mitt. Obama will enter into the election of 2012 as the most polarizing and hated President since Carter, and we all know how that worked out for Carter and the commies.

Keemo on February 12, 2011 at 7:00 PM

Conservative Samizdat on February 12, 2011 at 6:58 PM

Oh, okay. So Mitt Romney isn’t a socialized health care advocate.

/sarc

Gimme a break…

gryphon202 on February 12, 2011 at 7:00 PM

Allahpundit would be head over heels for Romney if he was the true RINO. But AP knows that Romney is a principled religious man, so he bashes him every chance he gets.

PrezHussein on February 12, 2011 at 7:01 PM

gary4205 on February 12, 2011 at 6:57 PM

That’s funny because Mitt Romney has said he got his idea for RomneyCare from the conservative think tank, the Heritage Foundation.

The Heritage Foundation has denied ObamaCare the blueprint for their plan health care plan that they worked out with Mitt Romney.

Conservative Samizdat on February 12, 2011 at 7:05 PM

If I don’t see a strong fiscal conservative on the GOP’s ticket in 2012, then I’d refrain from voting their way when the time comes. And I believe I be able to persuade like-minded people in my community to do the same.

NorthernCross on February 12, 2011 at 7:05 PM

gryphon202 on February 12, 2011 at 6:59 PM

I supported Steve Forbes in 2000 and Duncan Hunter in 2008… I think I know about pricipled positions… but I believed both could win in a general election.

To be honest, not only do I believe that neither Mitt nor Huck nor Sarah nor Christie nor Paul can win, I have problems with each on policy issues to one degree or another.

I want to win and I want a principled conservative… I don’t see that combination yet.

mankai on February 12, 2011 at 7:07 PM

Conservative Samizdat on February 12, 2011 at 7:05 PM

That blueprint from the Heritage Foundation included interstate health insurance sales, which the Massachusetts legislature took out of the bill after realizing it would cost the state federal dollars for Medicaid. The Heritage Blueprint, if I remember correctly, did NOT include individual mandates, which the Democrats put back in.

So the question remains, how could Mitt have not seen that coming in the state that gave us Teddy Kennedy and Barney Frank? Why would Mitt be proud to have Teddy Kennedy standing over his shoulder at the signing ceremony? If Mitt isn’t a socialized health care advocate, then he at least has to be unforgivably stupid for letting himself get suckered into that massive and ultimately unnecessary boondoggle. “The Democrats did it” isn’t going to win my vote.

gryphon202 on February 12, 2011 at 7:09 PM

mankai on February 12, 2011 at 7:07 PM

And if you haven’t made up your mind by now, you probably won’t. My favored candidate comes closest to mirroring my beliefs and positions. That doesn’t mean that person gets a 100% percent rating from me by any stretch. I’m simply not a member of the “anyone but Obama crowd.” Not after 8 years of Bush, and McCain-Feingold, and Medicare Part D, Etc. Etc. Etc…

gryphon202 on February 12, 2011 at 7:11 PM

gryphon202 on February 12, 2011 at 7:09 PM

To be fair with you, I’m not sure if you’re right on that or not. I’ll have to do more research on that point.

Fair enough?

However, you might want to check out Mitt Romney’s Powerpoint presentation he gave on his plan.

Conservative Samizdat on February 12, 2011 at 7:14 PM

“Liberty” has become a weasel word. I remember when the AIDS epidemic was just getting started they couldn’t close the bath houses in San Francisco because it would violate the “civil liberties” of gays. Let’s all join the ACLU to show how much we care about “liberty”.

Buddahpundit on February 12, 2011 at 7:14 PM

PrezHussein on February 12, 2011 at 7:01 PM

Bless your heart your still pulling for Romney. You know, there really aren’t very many who pulled for him last time willing to got to bat for him again. I know because I’m one. Look at people like Rush, Coulter, Levin, etc. None of these people are enthused about another Romney run. He just is not the best we can put forward. I think the problem is that the man simply lacks convictions–and it shows.

KickandSwimMom on February 12, 2011 at 7:16 PM

Conservative Samizdat on February 12, 2011 at 7:14 PM

I saw that power point presentation. It did include assumptions on his part that had nothing to do with how the final bill shook out — such as the “insurability” of the uninsured.

Yes, I know Mass-uh-chew-sits is a liberal bastion. Yes, I know they have every right under the constitution to pass any health care reform they see fit. But if Mitt isn’t a socialized health care advocate, he got snookered — and I don’t want someone that naive to attempt to engage in horse trading with congressional Democrats.

gryphon202 on February 12, 2011 at 7:18 PM

Romney would lose.

But so would Christie.

Huck wouldget destroyed.

Sarah can’t recover from damage done (down-home one-liners can’t save her).

mankai on February 12, 2011 at 6:48 PM

Oh noes! We can’t win, the sky be falling!

Hell let’s just not even compete then! Just let Obama become president for life.

OR,

We can get behind that old championship basketball player. That team captain who doesn’t understand the concept of giving up. The won who broke their foot, but still played and scored the championship winning points.

The one who has never given up on beating Obama. Vowed to NEVER shut up and NEVER sit down.

You know, Sarah Palin.

gary4205 on February 12, 2011 at 7:21 PM

gryphon202 on February 12, 2011 at 6:47 PM

Don’t take my word for it. Read the law. From page 336…

(2) SPECIAL RULES.—Notwithstanding any
other provision of law—
‘‘(A) WAIVER OF CRIMINAL PENALTIES.—In the case of any failure by a taxpayer to timely pay any penalty imposed by this section, such taxpayer shall not be subject to any criminal prosecution or penalty with respect to such failure.

crr6 on February 12, 2011 at 7:21 PM

Romney is a Big Government RINO, he represents everything that is wrong with the GOP, electing Romney will be the death knell to the republic no different than a 2nd term of obama will be

the_ancient on February 12, 2011 at 7:21 PM

crr6 on February 12, 2011 at 7:21 PM

Well then, that is something Obamacare has in common with Romneycare. And I still think they both stink like ass.

gryphon202 on February 12, 2011 at 7:23 PM

IR-MN on February 12, 2011 at 6:26 PM

My opinions on Ron Paul have nothing to do with his supporters, but rather on Paul’s own statements. Anti-Palin types really can’t say the same.

ddrintn on February 12, 2011 at 7:24 PM

Maybe Ann doesn’t know about Christie’s Islamist court appointment.

gryphon202 on February 12, 2011 at 6:59 PM

Cain seems worth a look. Why do you like him?

AshleyTKing on February 12, 2011 at 7:26 PM

ddrintn on February 12, 2011 at 7:24 PM

As much as Paul’s supporters annoy the sh!t out of me, I can honestly say they’re not a reason I plan not to vote for him.

gryphon202 on February 12, 2011 at 7:27 PM

I just hate it when I see Romney’s pix on hotair. I know how all the haters will come out and try and destroy the man’s reputation. He is a descent man with convictions. He would never have a fed health care.
There will be at least 1 maybe 2 supremes dying off or (being killed according to the libs)retiring and we can’t let obama nominate another one. So whomever comes through, I guess I will have to support. There is NOTHING, NOTHING AS BAD AS OBAMA! I don’t think Romney has a chance, but he is way smarter, way better looking, way more experienced with business than this jerk in office and all of his lib czars.
Don’t be fooled by hunstman, he is the biggest rino and has sided with obama during these years he’s been in China.

Bambi on February 12, 2011 at 7:27 PM

Cain seems worth a look. Why do you like him?

AshleyTKing on February 12, 2011 at 7:26 PM

He doesn’t have executive government experience, which is a prime reason he’s not my #1 guy, but he has executive government experience and seems to have a good handle on the concept of constitutional government.

gryphon202 on February 12, 2011 at 7:28 PM

gryphon202 on February 12, 2011 at 7:28 PM

I meant to say Cain has executive BUSINESS experience. Geesh…I can type.

gryphon202 on February 12, 2011 at 7:29 PM

Bambi on February 12, 2011 at 7:27 PM

And you know this because he said so. It can’t possibly be anything he actually DID as governor of Mass-uh-chew-sits that made you place this level of faith in him.

gryphon202 on February 12, 2011 at 7:30 PM

Of course, but for some HAers, unless you enthusiastically endorse teaching fisting to 2nd graders you are a bigot and are not a conservative.

Akzed on February 12, 2011 at 6:01 PM

Because that’s identical to not opposing gay marriage.

At least you done us the courtesy of no longer pretending to be remotely rational or reasonable.

MadisonConservative on February 12, 2011 at 7:32 PM

Don’t take my word for it. Read the law. From page 336…

(2) SPECIAL RULES.—Notwithstanding any
other provision of law—

crr6 on February 12, 2011 at 7:21 PM

Then the law is worthless, having no teeth. Those teeth would have to go back into place at some point. Imagine not having to face jail time if you don’t pay your taxes.

ddrintn on February 12, 2011 at 7:32 PM

Imagine not having to face jail time if you don’t pay your taxes.

ddrintn on February 12, 2011 at 7:32 PM

I’m so on-board with that!

REPEAL THE 16TH!

gryphon202 on February 12, 2011 at 7:34 PM

ddrintn on February 12, 2011 at 7:32 PM

I doesn’t say anything about civil penalties. They’ll just take all your stuff.

Buddahpundit on February 12, 2011 at 7:35 PM

Palin, Mitt and Huck will be destroyed by Obumbles.

It won’t even be close.

We better start taking a close look at Daniels or any other candidate that can seriously and coherently address the debt issue.

rickyricardo on February 12, 2011 at 7:43 PM

gryphon202 on February 12, 2011 at 7:18 PM

The uninsured are insured. According to Gallup, these are the rankings out of the 50 states for having the least uninsured and Massachusetts comes in first.

I still don’t think Romney got snookered.

Anyways, its always good to debate you. I gotta run to take care of some important business. It would be fun to talk to you via e-mail or something. Is that possible?

ramrants on February 12, 2011 at 6:30 PM

Are you sure you saw the right Fox News poll?

Conservative Samizdat on February 12, 2011 at 7:43 PM

Wasn’t Ann pushing Mittens back in 2008 as her candidate?

Valiant on February 12, 2011 at 7:47 PM

I doesn’t say anything about civil penalties. They’ll just take all your stuff.

Buddahpundit on February 12, 2011 at 7:35 PM

Wrong. Also from page 336…

‘‘(B) LIMITATIONS ON LIENS AND LEVIES.—
The Secretary shall not— ‘(i) file notice of lien with respect to any property of a taxpayer by reason of any failure to pay the penalty imposed by this section, or ‘‘(ii) levy on any such property with respect to such failure.’’

Then the law is worthless, having no teeth.

ddrintn on February 12, 2011 at 7:32 PM

The IRS Comm. said he’ll deduct any unpaid tax penalties from the individual’s tax refunds.

crr6 on February 12, 2011 at 7:48 PM

Imagine not having to face jail time if you don’t pay your taxes.

ddrintn on February 12, 2011 at 7:32 PM

…I’d still pay them. You wouldn’t?

crr6 on February 12, 2011 at 7:48 PM

Keemo on February 12, 2011 at 7:00 PM

Boy are Republican Kool aid drinkers going to be in for a shock if they don’t nominate a candidate who can appeal to independents.

Election after election the party out of the White House concoct fantasies of how vulnerable the incumbent president….more often than not they wake up and wonder how they lost.

rickyricardo on February 12, 2011 at 7:48 PM

Sorry but Ann is right. Romney would lose and lose McCain style. The independents and Tea Partiers don’t like him and won’t vote for him. He’s another RINO with a proven track record of big spending and Obamacare Lite.

flytier on February 12, 2011 at 7:49 PM

Name that person who has the record that Palin does fighting corruption within their own party; who has upwards of 18-20 years executive experience in the private and government sector; who is honest, ethical, breathes and lives the constitution, who we can trust to put the pieces of this
broken country together. Someone we can trust to stay who they are once they get in office. Someone who is so confident of who they are that they are not beholden to a party line. Someone who is a servant of the people.

I won’t hold my breath while someone finds one. However,
if a candidate is found I will research their record, read
everything I can find about them the same as I did Sarah
Palin, for I was a skeptic in the beginning about her too.

Amjean on February 12, 2011 at 7:57 PM

One more thing – Ann Coulter’s credibility was diminished
by this crazy pontificating.

Amjean on February 12, 2011 at 8:00 PM

Wasn’t Ann pushing Mittens back in 2008 as her candidate?

Valiant on February 12, 2011 at 7:47 PM

She initially endorsed Duncan Hunter. I think she fell behind Mitt when it came down to Mitt, Huck or McCain.

I know the former is correct and the latter is speculation.

mankai on February 12, 2011 at 8:05 PM

Wasn’t Ann pushing Mittens back in 2008 as her candidate?

Valiant on February 12, 2011 at 7:47 PM

Yes, she did.

Personally, I think its a subtle endorsement of Mitt.

Conservative Samizdat on February 12, 2011 at 8:06 PM

Akzed on February 12, 2011 at 6:01 PM

Yes, of course. Cause that’s what we people who’ve advocated for equal rights for homosexuals, such as gay marriage, that’s what we’re REALLY trying to do. Corrupt the children.

You’re a very sad man.

Vyce on February 12, 2011 at 8:11 PM

Who is your candidate… and how is he/she polling against BHO?

mankai on February 12, 2011 at 6:54 PM

Completely irrelevant in Feb 2011. Don’t let early polls pick a candidate, because polls are fickle.

alwaysfiredup on February 12, 2011 at 8:11 PM

What a set of cans on that chick.

Alden Pyle on February 12, 2011 at 8:12 PM

crr6 on February 12, 2011 at 7:48 PM

You do realize that the kind of people who don’t get insurance from an employer and can afford to buy it on their own don’t get tax refunds, right?

alwaysfiredup on February 12, 2011 at 8:13 PM

crr6 on February 12, 2011 at 7:48 PM

What if they have no refund?

Imagine not having to face jail time if you don’t pay your taxes.

ddrintn on February 12, 2011 at 7:32 PM

…I’d still pay them. You wouldn’t?

crr6 on February 12, 2011 at 7:48 PM

I’ll bet Geithner said the same thing as a student.

ddrintn on February 12, 2011 at 8:13 PM

rickyricardo on February 12, 2011 at 7:43 PM

Daniels can’t stop alienating social conservatives. He plans to concede a lot of budgetary ground to the Left. He’s not the guy.

alwaysfiredup on February 12, 2011 at 8:15 PM

I agree with her, but I’m not sure Cristie would work, either, right now. Romney will not win, though.

Just too RINO and too much like cardboard type.

AnninCA on February 12, 2011 at 8:19 PM

Meh….AC is just like DS. Both ladies think their wiring is flawless.

Limerick on February 12, 2011 at 8:22 PM

It’s Mitt if it’s not Christie? I don’t think so. Mitt’s popular where? Yeah, I don’t know either. I don’t think he’s numero uno even in Utah. Sorry, AP, just sayin’. CPAC straw polls don’t mean squat and aren’t predictors. I don’t think Christie could get the nomination even if he does run.

Is CPAC supposed to be like Al Sharpton’s Brigades meet The Tea Party, as CPAC has been last year and this? I thought CPAC was a celebration of conservatism, a kind of social rally and a chance for conservative speakers to discuss conservative solutions and to point out failures of leftwing policies. The last two years have hecklers, agitators, fifth columnists and bomb throwers, as well as the yearly meaningless polls that some people take seriously. Next year portends to be a genuine ‘rumble’ between factions. I don’t take CPAC seriously anymore. It’s become a reality show without primetime coverage. Who needs it?

JimP on February 12, 2011 at 8:23 PM

The best thing that could happen for social conservatives (and I’m one of them) is a total fiscal makeover of the federal government… as socialist fiscal policy is behind many of the nation’s social woes.

mankai on February 12, 2011 at 8:32 PM

If Christie ran the libtard media would do the same thing it did to McCain, make false health claims, in Christie’s case, he’s so heavy the stress of the job would kill him in two years, leaving us with his VP pick who wouldn’t be qualified to take office on that ‘sad occasion’. It is sorry to see CPAC annoint perennial antisemite loser whackadoo Ron Paul, and RINO Romney as the frontrunners. What is it, bizarro world?

eaglewingz08 on February 12, 2011 at 8:47 PM

Hell take Christie out of the equation, and he’s my favorite of the bunch.

Will Mitt lose to Obama? Yes. Will Mitt win the nomination? Probably, unless Christie or Rubio get in. If you dont buy that you tell me who beats Mitt for the nomination.

But Christie wont get in and I’m thinking Ann knows that, so she’s just positioning herself to say “I told you so” again then reassess in 2015-6.

Dash on February 12, 2011 at 8:48 PM

What makes anyone think Christie could win? Because he’s taken a strong stand against the problems in his own state to me means he needs to finish out his term and see how things work out. How would he be on foreign relations? We’re going to have our hands full of foreign relation issues over the next decade and we better find someone capable in this are. That pretty much rules out a bunch of these folks.

scalleywag on February 12, 2011 at 8:57 PM

If you dont buy that you tell me who beats Mitt for the nomination.

Dash on February 12, 2011 at 8:48 PM

That Woman.

alwaysfiredup on February 12, 2011 at 9:01 PM

Social conservatives think for themselves. They will choose the candidate deserving of their trust. No one else’ opinion matters.

Rose on February 12, 2011 at 9:02 PM