Romney supporters at CPAC pitching him as the anti-Palin

posted at 8:14 pm on February 11, 2011 by Allahpundit

Do note, while HuffPo refers to “common” swipes at Palin in the halls of CPAC this year, their evidence consists of quotes from … two people. And one guy isn’t even guilty of a “swipe.” He says he likes her but simply fears she can’t win.

Even so, as I’ve argued many times before, this dynamic in the primaries is inevitable — even if she doesn’t run. Half the field will compete for the principled “true conservative” nomination (Palin, Huck, Santorum), the other half will compete for the moderate/managerial nomination (Mitt, Daniels, Huntsman), and then there’ll be a showdown. (Pawlenty and Gingrich are more or less trying to straddle the two.) Winner take all — unless he/she alienates the other camp so badly that some Republicans stay home in the general election, in which case game over. The “Palin” candidate will paint the “anti-Palin” as a squish who’ll get rolled by the left and the “anti-Palin” will paint “Palin” as incompetent and unelectable. Right? This is all old hat. But since “anti-Palin” supporters talking smack is always good for a freakout in the comments, let’s liven up the night a bit:

“Intelligence versus not-so-intelligent,” was the pitch by Ken Merritt, a Virginia-based Romney supporter with roots in Palin’s home state of Alaska. “Fluff versus not about fluff … [Palin] does a great show on TV, though.”

Swipes like these have been common during this year’s gathering of conservative activists. A no-show at CPAC for several years running, Palin has been a popular subject among the convention crowd, her absence interpreted either as an innocent scheduling conflict or, more often, evidence that she doesn’t feel the need to placate conservative voters…

“I would much rather have him than Palin,” said Bradley Gunther, a student at the University of Delaware whose college Republican group organized buses to Washington for the conference. “I think she is a good spokesperson for the conservative movement. She’s like Howard Dean for the Democrats: she gets people fired up but can’t win an election.”…

“He does go deeper into policy than any other candidate, and sometimes going deeper into policy, because he is so much more conversant, can give the perception that he’s not perfectly consistent,” Merritt said. “But what’s not to like about him? He has the experience and credentials to know what he’s doing as well as a business background and an organizational background. He is obviously the most intellectually-gifted one in the pack.”

Red State contributor Dan McLaughlin says of course Romney is the anti-Palin: Palin, after all, has principles. Mitch Daniels almost took a shot at Mitt too, goofing on his stiffness before backing off at the last moment. It’s campaign season, amigos — time to start throwing some punches. In fact, even the new head honcho of CPAC is getting into the mix, suggesting that Palin and Huckabee mustn’t be serious about running or else they’d have showed up this weekend, wouldn’t they? Zing!

For your viewing pleasure, a few minutes of Romney’s speech this morning indicting The One for helping to bring about new Hoovervilles. (Really?) Fox News pollsters asked Republican voters which potential nominees they think would make good presidents. Only Huckabee (55 percent) and Romney (54 percent) cracked majority support. Gingrich landed at 43 percent and Palin at just 40, with Jeb Bush behind her by a single point.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

technopeasant on February 11, 2011 at 9:48 PM

excellent analysis. Thanks.

long_cat on February 11, 2011 at 10:07 PM

powerpro on February 11, 2011 at 8:58 PM

so all Palin supporters were june babies….

unseen on February 11, 2011 at 9:00 PM

Maybe so, I was born on the 18th. I have like 6 friends I share that birthday with too!

gary4205 on February 11, 2011 at 10:08 PM

CONSERV 28 30 36

D)REPUBLICAN BREAKDOWN

2006 2008 2010
LIBERALS 5 4 4
MODERATES 27 25 23
CONSERV 67 70 72

Notice the breakdown in the various categories. Conservatism is in the ascendancy and moderates across the board are on the decline.

And folks are trying to make the case that Sarah Palin, a Reagan conservative in “unelectable”. Hogwash! A conservative is more electable now than at any time in recent memory, perhaps even in a more favorable position than Reagan was with the breakdown of the electorate in 1980.

technopeasant on February 11, 2011 at 10:09 PM

Did everyone here about the insensitive interview where that drama queen labeled a man as a knuckle dragging Neanderthal for a religious point of view? She would fit right in at GOProud this week.

PrezHussein

Wrong again. She didn’t call him that. But she did say his wife could call him that and it was NOT because of a religious view. It was because he said she was busy with “ALL THOSE KIDS”. You obviously didn’t see the interviews.

Dan Pet on February 11, 2011 at 10:09 PM

gary4205 on February 11, 2011 at 10:08 PM

unseen on February 11, 2011 at 10:12 PM

powerpro on February 11, 2011 at 8:58 PM

so all Palin supporters were june babies….

unseen on February 11, 2011 at 9:00 PM

gary4205 on February 11, 2011 at 10:08 PM

Unbuweavabul. Us crazy bastids were all were born in the same month. LOL :)

Geochelone on February 11, 2011 at 10:13 PM

Geochelone on February 11, 2011 at 10:13 PM

seems like it. gemini/cancer

unseen on February 11, 2011 at 10:15 PM

I had no idea there were so many Palin Junebugs!

powerpro on February 11, 2011 at 10:15 PM

Sarah Palin just hired Michael Glassner as her chief of staff.

He has worked alongside Bob Dole and managed the VP presidential campaign on behalf of Senator John McCain and Governor Palin in 2008 and is a 25 year veteran in public affairs and national political campaign management.

technopeasant on February 11, 2011 at 10:15 PM

I live in MA. Romneycare is way different than Obamacare. I won’t go into the debate about the Mass legislature and how they overrode his vetoes during that process.
Chudi on February 11, 2011 at 8:26 PM

Way different? Enlighten me, I’m all ears or are you going tell us it was all the legislators fault? Is Mittens now going to play the Barry game of “Blame Bush”?

Knucklehead on February 11, 2011 at 8:32 PM

I guess I get crickets from the Chudi. I ask a tough question and the Chudi runs and hides……

……Just like Mittens.

Knucklehead on February 11, 2011 at 10:15 PM

technopeasant on February 11, 2011 at 10:15 PM

she is running…yes!!!!!

unseen on February 11, 2011 at 10:18 PM

Knucklehead on February 11, 2011 at 10:15 PM

Chudi, Chudi, Chudi is much like PrezHussein in that regard…

How was the cruise?…And, how come I didn’t get to tote your luggage?

Gohawgs on February 11, 2011 at 10:18 PM

Palin, after all, has principles.

Yes: demonize big capitalist enterprises and cripple the oil industry in Alaska with the highest taxes in the western world.

AshleyTKing on February 11, 2011 at 10:20 PM

Geochelone on February 11, 2011 at 10:13 PM

I was supposed to have arrived around Thanksgiving but instead was born closer to Halloween-I’m a day younger than the Boss Emeritus-and my son’s birthday is April…1st.

Who says God doesn’t have a sense of humor. LoL

annoyinglittletwerp on February 11, 2011 at 10:20 PM

My birthday is January so I guess that means us crazy Palin supporters must have all been born in months starting with J.

Yea thats’ the deal….Smart Power…. must o been a Mittbot genius what drempt dat one up!

Cuda is quietly oiling her guns and lettin the enemy expose itself.

Let em get real bold,
attack behind her back,
gang up with the Rats,
and then just beat their smart, insider, asses!

dhunter on February 11, 2011 at 10:21 PM

Knucklehead on February 11, 2011 at 10:15 PM

If I may ask, how’s your ‘baby’?

annoyinglittletwerp on February 11, 2011 at 10:21 PM

Well I guess it’s time for some to bring up old, tired and completely refuted lies about Palin from years ago since no one but Time and US Weekly bought the most recent lie about Palin, huh AshleyTKing?

powerpro on February 11, 2011 at 10:22 PM

Maybe unseen thought it would be better for Mitt to choose another descripter…
Gohawgs on February 11, 2011 at 10:03 PM

I supplied two: Foreclosurevilles and Obamavilles.

Buy Danish on February 11, 2011 at 10:22 PM

How was the cruise?…And, how come I didn’t get to tote your luggage?

Gohawgs on February 11, 2011 at 10:18 PM

It was great and I met “someone” and I haven’t looked in 14 years and was still not looking. He’s from Manchester, England. If you want to tote “our” luggage, we’ll be sailing to Hawaii in March.

Knucklehead on February 11, 2011 at 10:22 PM

AshleyTKing on February 11, 2011 at 10:20 PM

Ha…

Gohawgs on February 11, 2011 at 10:23 PM

How cute the Hawg is promoting Huckabee as the second place finisher because he fought a losing campaign to the end.

PrezHussein on February 11, 2011 at 9:42 PM

…are you saying Mittens…QUIT?!?!?

lol.

alwaysfiredup on February 11, 2011 at 10:23 PM

technopeasant on February 11, 2011 at 10:15 PM

she is running…yes!!!!!

unseen on February 11, 2011 at 10:18 PM

Outside the Box!<:)

She promised the radio show guys in Alaska the scoop I had hoped she would do it on her TV show maybe the last episode and watch liberal heads explode!

dhunter on February 11, 2011 at 10:24 PM

Buy Danish on February 11, 2011 at 10:22 PM

I’m partial to the latter…

Gohawgs on February 11, 2011 at 10:25 PM

As Allah pointed out last night, I don’t know how dire the numbers have to get for her before you Palin supporters realize that she is not even remotely the winning strategy.

Vyce on February 11, 2011 at 8:47 PM

Yes, because it’s really, really important that Palin’s supporters drop her like a hot potato before the primaries begin and even before anybody has even really announced that they’re running. /sarc

Aitch748 on February 11, 2011 at 10:27 PM

“Sarah Palin has admitted she tried marijuana several years ago, but she did not like it. She said it distorted her perceptions, impaired her thinking, and she’s hoping that the effects will eventually wear off.” –Jay Leno

PrezHussein on February 11, 2011 at 10:28 PM

Knucklehead on February 11, 2011 at 10:22 PM

You got it backwards, Americans are supposed to come back from England with ‘someone”…

A trip to Hawaii, toting two sets of luggage, March…I could do that. Especially since beach attire doesn’t weigh much…

Gohawgs on February 11, 2011 at 10:29 PM

PrezHussein on February 11, 2011 at 10:28 PM

Well, you’re a joke so it makes sense you’d quote one to try to make some sort of point.

powerpro on February 11, 2011 at 10:29 PM

unseen on February 11, 2011 at 10:06 PM

I already said I didn’t think it was a good word to use (although my objection is because shanty towns and tent cities aren’t the problem, it’s foreclosed homes). It is not a poor choice because of your stretttch of an argument that people will associate it with a Republican President (while a Dem is in the White House). I don’t need a flipping history lesson from you.

Buy Danish on February 11, 2011 at 10:30 PM

PrezHussein on February 11, 2011 at 10:28 PM

When do you plan to just say no?

Gohawgs on February 11, 2011 at 10:31 PM

Who says God doesn’t have a sense of humor. LoL

annoyinglittletwerp on February 11, 2011 at 10:20 PM

Well he does and he gave you some of it.

Geochelone on February 11, 2011 at 10:32 PM

PrezHussein on February 11, 2011 at 10:28 PM

A joke at the expense of Palin? Leno is really daring the outer edges of the cultural envelope.

rrpjr on February 11, 2011 at 10:33 PM

Well he does and he gave you some of it.

Geochelone on February 11, 2011 at 10:32 PM

Why, thank you.
*grin*

annoyinglittletwerp on February 11, 2011 at 10:34 PM

If I may ask, how’s your ‘baby’?

annoyinglittletwerp on February 11, 2011 at 10:21 PM

Not good, but holding his own. He can eat just fine, but having trouble working his tongue to drink and I’m afraid dehydration is going to take him down.

Knucklehead on February 11, 2011 at 10:35 PM

I don’t need a flipping history lesson from you.

Buy Danish on February 11, 2011 at 10:30 PM

I know, Mitt supporters don’t make good history students anyhow they like to forget the past just like they like to forget the past statments of their candidate. Maybe they should just lean foward. I hope mitt continues to use it it just ties him to the failed big government polices of the liberal wing of the republican party. Mitt would make Hoover look like a good president.

unseen on February 11, 2011 at 10:37 PM

Knucklehead on February 11, 2011 at 10:35 PM

I am so sorry, my friend.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 11, 2011 at 10:38 PM

Conservatives just are not going to go for a choice between Dem and Dem Lite anymore. Sorry.

ddrintn on February 11, 2011 at 9:20 PM

Unfortunately for you Palinistas, the general election for 2012 will not be limited to only conservative voters.

Vyce on February 11, 2011 at 9:56 PM

Funny thing is, the 2008 election wasn’t limited to left-wing moonbats, but Obama won anyway. Are you going to tell me that Obama is actually a moderate?

ddrintn on February 11, 2011 at 10:41 PM

Knucklehead on February 11, 2011 at 10:22 PM

Those “someones”are usually the keepers.Enjoy yourelf!

katy the mean old lady on February 11, 2011 at 10:41 PM

powerpro on February 11, 2011 at 8:58 PM

so all Palin supporters were june babies….

unseen on February 11, 2011 at 9:00 PM

gary4205 on February 11, 2011 at 10:08 PM

Unbuweavabul. Us crazy bastids were all were born in the same month. LOL :)

Geochelone on February 11, 2011 at 10:13 PM

Yup, all of us crazy bastiges are June babies!

gary4205 on February 11, 2011 at 10:45 PM

You might be right. If Palin is the head of the ticket, the country goes Obama. Guaranteed.

Hopefully an acceptable candidate who can actually win comes forward between now and 2012. Palin isn’t it. Mitt probably isn’t it either. Who is it, in my opinion? I have no idea, and that worries me.

xblade on February 11, 2011 at 9:26 PM

Indeed.

You-Eh-Vee on February 11, 2011 at 10:47 PM

Those “someones”are usually the keepers.Enjoy yourelf!

katy the mean old lady on February 11, 2011 at 10:41 PM

Ya think? I’m scared to death. This was not supposed to happen.

Knucklehead on February 11, 2011 at 10:47 PM

Knucklehead on February 11, 2011 at 10:22 PM

Is he older and distinguished or or do you get to exercise your inner ‘cougar’?
*ducks*

annoyinglittletwerp on February 11, 2011 at 10:49 PM

unseen on February 11, 2011 at 10:37 PM

Blahblahblahblahblah.

Buy Danish on February 11, 2011 at 10:52 PM

katy the mean old lady on February 11, 2011 at 10:41 PM

Ya think? I’m scared to death. This was not supposed to happen.

Knucklehead on February 11, 2011 at 10:47 PM

Just be yourself and follow his lead. Englishmen are very well mannered and refined until you start doing Jello shots of Jagermeister while running nude on the beach under a full moon.

Geochelone on February 11, 2011 at 10:53 PM

What does it mean that my #1 is from the “true conservative” list (Palin), but I’d vote third party before voting for the other two on the list; or that my #2 is from the “moderate” list (Daniels), but I’d vote third party before supporting either of the other two; or that my #3 is from the “straddler” list (Pawlenty)?

Maybe that AP doesn’t know what the hell he’s talking about?

besser tot als rot on February 11, 2011 at 10:54 PM

Geochelone on February 11, 2011 at 10:53 PM

And you would know this how?
*runs reeeally fast*

annoyinglittletwerp on February 11, 2011 at 10:54 PM

47 Reasons Governor Palin Is Qualified to be President!

2) She has 9 years of executive experience, more than 3 times as much as the current President. As Governor, she held the 2nd most powerful gubernatorial office in the country.

3)She knows how to budget. In her years as Governor, she reduced the state budget 9.5% over her predecessor and put $5 billion in state savings.

4) She reduced federal earmark requests 80% as Governor over her predecessor, recognizing the need for fiscal responsibility at both state and national levels.

20) With regards to foreign policy, she has a far better grasp situation in Egypt with regards to the potential of the Muslim brotherhood’s involvement in a new government and Mubarak’s plans better than members of President Obama’s intelligence team, Leon Panetta and James Clapper.

Read em all at link above!

gary4205 on February 11, 2011 at 10:55 PM

Geochelone on February 11, 2011 at 10:53 PM

He really is a gentleman and well mannered, but I’m not so sure I’m ready to run around naked on the beach cause I wouldn’t want to offend anyone or hurt their eyes.

And to the “Twerp”, he’s my age…..60, too old for naked beach romps.

Knucklehead on February 11, 2011 at 11:01 PM

Knucklehead on February 11, 2011 at 11:01 PM

Thought so.
You don’t cross me as the cougar-type.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 11, 2011 at 11:03 PM

too old for naked beach romps.

Knucklehead on February 11, 2011 at 11:01 PM

Good, don’t know if I could handle a scene from Here to Eternity…Though, I could call Kini and we could break out the popcorn as necessary…

Gohawgs on February 11, 2011 at 11:19 PM

Gohawgs on February 11, 2011 at 11:19 PM

Every time I think of “From Here to Eternity”… I can’t help it…

My first thought is of the spoof with Imogene Coco and Sid Caesar: From Here to Obscurity. LOL

powerpro on February 11, 2011 at 11:28 PM

powerpro on February 11, 2011 at 11:28 PM

Sounds like you and Tortoise boy MAN are made for each other…

Gohawgs on February 11, 2011 at 11:32 PM

Romney – flip flopper, healthcare debacle, too slick,phoney,
too elite, knows nothing about small business, too removed from mainstream Americans – couldn’t beat McCain in 2008
who is/was one of the biggest rinos
Pawlenty – boring
Daniels – too short; also that comb over
Christy – too fat; for gun control; sided with Muslims
Pence – running for gov.
Jindhal – staying gov.
Jeb Bush – too soon for another Bush
Huntsman – worked for Obama
Gingrich – divorced wife when she had cancer
Haley Barbour – too fat and not attractive
Thune – noone knows who he is
Ron Paul – joke
Rick Perry – not interested
Michelle Bachmann – some ideas are sound; comes across as flakey sometimes – what was that “stand up, stand up” or
whatever from CPAC – very weird

Amjean on February 11, 2011 at 11:33 PM

Sounds like you and Tortoise boy MAN are made for each other…

Gohawgs on February 11, 2011 at 11:32 PM

I can’t help it. lol

I might be the only 37 year old to know who Jeanette McDonald and Nelson Eddy are either.

powerpro on February 11, 2011 at 11:34 PM

Powerpro:

Since you mentioned it…

annoyinglittletwerp on February 11, 2011 at 11:39 PM

And here’s part 2…

annoyinglittletwerp on February 11, 2011 at 11:41 PM

powerpro on February 11, 2011 at 11:34 PM

I bet canopfor knows who they are from them starring in that Canadian Mountie movie…

Gohawgs on February 11, 2011 at 11:42 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on February 11, 2011 at 11:39 PM

Better watch out for flying bricks, that’s Earnest T. Bass in the opening scene…

Gohawgs on February 11, 2011 at 11:44 PM

Hehehehehe!

Oh this poor generation probably don’t even know who Imogene Coco or Sid Caesar were. So sad.

powerpro on February 11, 2011 at 11:44 PM

Hey HondaV65

That “magic underwear” line gets funnier every time you write it. I mean it’s not just witty and clever but it’s so new and fresh. Did you come up with that because you should definitely get credit with the sheer number of times you use that amazing put down – particularly because it’s so relevant.

Keep up the high brow comedy gags.

Mormon Doc on February 11, 2011 at 11:55 PM

powerpro on February 11, 2011 at 11:44 PM

Makes me wanna dance.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 11, 2011 at 11:55 PM

O’Connor was a very good dancer. Doesn’t get the credit he deserves…

Gohawgs on February 11, 2011 at 11:58 PM

O’Connor was a very good dancer. Doesn’t get the credit he deserves…

Gohawgs on February 11, 2011 at 11:58 PM

It was because of those ‘Francis’ movies-and I think Gene Kelly went to high school with my grandfather-GK was a few years older. He was from Pittsburgh.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 12, 2011 at 12:05 AM

Gingrich – divorced wife when she had cancer
Haley Barbour – too fat and not attractive
Thune – noone knows who he is
Ron Paul – joke
Rick Perry – not interested
whatever from CPAC – very weird

Let me guess…Palin supporter?

You-Eh-Vee on February 12, 2011 at 12:06 AM

Linked (hot): ‘Ann Coulter at CPAC’.

Donald Douglas on February 12, 2011 at 12:07 AM

Could someone please explain to me something and I am being sincere. By all accounts the attendees are mostly young and there must be at least slightly less Socons there then in the past. With all that how the heck does Huckabee come out on top when Fox pollsters asked?

Rocks on February 12, 2011 at 12:09 AM

Let me guess…Palin supporter?

You-Eh-Vee on February 12, 2011 at 12:06 AM

Why wouldn’t she be?

All the cool kids are, ya know!

gary4205 on February 12, 2011 at 12:10 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on February 12, 2011 at 12:05 AM

Wow that’s cool. It’s funny when you find out there are only one or two points of separation between you and a giant, no?

For instance, one of my business associates has an ex wife who is the granddaughter of someone who knew Norman Rockwell. And when I say, “Knew,” I mean really knew as in close friends. His doctor’s office is that famous one done by Rockwell.

My business associate visited that old office and he said it looked almost exactly as it did in the Rockwell painting.

powerpro on February 12, 2011 at 12:11 AM

Rocks on February 12, 2011 at 12:09 AM

Drugs?

I never believe those polls. Not sure who does Fox’s polling, but they always favor democrats a LOT. When they do approval polls on Barry they can be anywhere from 5-10 points better than everyone else’s.

Besides, if polling matter 2 years out we’d be talking about how well, or bad, President Giuliani or President [Hillary] Clinton was doing.

gary4205 on February 12, 2011 at 12:14 AM

powerpro on February 12, 2011 at 12:11 AM

I love NR paintings.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 12, 2011 at 12:16 AM

gary4205 on February 12, 2011 at 12:14 AM

Yeah, I Know. But Huckabee isn’t even there.

Rocks on February 12, 2011 at 12:16 AM

Donald Douglas on February 12, 2011 at 12:07 AM

Did you mean the story is hot? because I have seen hot pictures of Ann Coulter and that isn’t one of them.

Rocks on February 12, 2011 at 12:18 AM

I love NR paintings.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 12, 2011 at 12:16 AM

Same here. There was a time when I’d go on ebay and buy up any print I saw on sale.

powerpro on February 12, 2011 at 12:20 AM

Blahblahblahblahblah.

Buy Danish on February 11, 2011 at 10:52 PM

is that what you do when mitt talks so you can’t hear all his flipflops?

unseen on February 12, 2011 at 12:26 AM

All the cool kids are, ya know!

gary4205 on February 12, 2011 at 12:10 AM

we surround them

unseen on February 12, 2011 at 12:27 AM

looks like Palin is looking to run:

Washington (CNN) – Sarah Palin has added a veteran Republican strategist to serve as chief-of-staff for her political action committee, Sarah PAC, CNN has learned.

Michael Glassner, an attorney and longtime adviser to former Kansas senator and presidential candidate Bob Dole, has signed on to steer the former Alaska governor’s political operation as she considers a possible 2012 presidential bid.

During the 2008 presidential campaign, Glassner managed vice presidential operations.

Palin’s connection to Glassner? He ran the 2008 VP operations — so obviously she trust him as not one of the backstabbers– he scheduling, logistical advance, personnel
May 2008 – November 2008 (7 months)

Managed the Vice Presidential campaign on behalf of Senator John McCain and Governor Sarah Palin, the Republican nominees for President and Vice President of the United States. Directed campaign travel and scheduling, logistical advance, personnel, budgets, fundraising, and other campaign activities for the VP nominee. Managed a team of over 100 campaign staff and volunteers and served as a member of the campaign’s senior staff. Participated in strategy and planning for the McCain-Palin general election campaign

Senior Vice President, External Affairs IDT Corporation Telecommunications industry

Michael Glassner’s Experience Partner C&M Transcontinental Public Relations and Communications industry

September 2009 – Present (1 year 6 months)

C & M Transcontinental (C & M T) merges the leadership and public affairs capabilities and policy and market development expertise of two leading professionals with over 50 years combined experience in corporate strategic communications, government program management, marketing and public relations at the executive level, political campaign management and more. C & M T is committed to its clients’ bottom-line business and policy objectives, achieved with a commitment to exceptional client service, quality control standards, and delivering a return on investment

unseen on February 12, 2011 at 12:34 AM

Since candidates are lining up to be the anti-Palin, that makes Palin the front runner. I’m glad that they recognize who the front runner is but being anti-Palin is the kind of loser strategy I’ve come to expect from these losers. Palin will be talking issues and her opponents will be talking Palin and that’s the reason I support Palin. Palin is the anti-loser.

Done That on February 12, 2011 at 6:38 AM

American Spectator poll:

Palin 51.15%

Closest competitor:

Ron Paul 5.69%

4th day of poll

One vote only

technopeasant on February 12, 2011 at 7:08 AM

Let me guess…Palin supporter?

You-Eh-Vee on February 12, 2011 at 12:06

Ha! How did you guess?

As a practical matter I visualized the candidates I mentioned in a debate against “The One” and came up with
my commentary. I find it difficult to find anyone who
can top her – She has a stellar record; unlike some of the asshats who spew venom her way, I actually researched it.
She investigated the head of the Alaska Republican Party
for corruption. Name me a governor who does that; who governs according to the constitution and to help the people in her state; who takes on Big Oil and wins! Who is not running around in their new pick up truck, scheduling a photo op so he/she can portray himself as “one of the people”. Stand her next to Obama with his megawatt Alfred
E. Neumann smile. She has her own megawatt smile and it is
genuine.

Amjean on February 12, 2011 at 7:55 AM

Mitt should have been paying attention when Santorum tried to be snarky with his comments about SP. It didn’t work and he got a griz paw slap for his effort. She has a voice, wit and a platform at Fox. Stay on point if you can find one.

Kissmygrits on February 12, 2011 at 8:44 AM

The truth is that without Palin on the ticket, McCain would’ve lost in the biggest landslide since Mondale. Mondale carried one state, his home state by less than 2%. McCain would probably never carried a single state, even his own, without Palin.

volsense on February 12, 2011 at 9:23 AM

Why would you run a candidate that independents cannot stand and neither can a lot of Republicans? I don’t like Romney but I don’t think Palin is the answer. She has one liners for answers to issues and is way too polarizing.

I want someone for President who is intelligent, has experience, and studies the issues not runs out on every last issue to Fox to complain. The latest with Santorum made me laugh. It is grandstanding whether her supporters want to admit it or not. What issue has she said more than a few words about what she would do — it is always what the President or someone else is doing wrong. She didn’t write her own books and I don’t have a problem with that but she hired someone to tweet and do facebook yet people run around like she has done it all.

Truly amazing to see her supporters all jump in line and then some say they are staying home if she doesn’t get the nomination. That leaves out that lifelong Republicans are on board. Why don’t you ask why some states asked her not to campaign in their states in 2012 or why her PAC spent less than 10% on candidates and over 65% on expenses for various items including for her and the family. How about two of those frivolous ethics complaints that she settled two with the state and then had Steele at RNC pay her legal bills or she wouldn’t campaign with him. A millionaire has RNC donations pay her legal bills but wants to run for President? Give me a break!

PhiKapMom on February 12, 2011 at 9:31 AM

RINO verses conservative.

JellyToast on February 12, 2011 at 9:46 AM

PhiKapMom on February 12, 2011 at 9:31 AM

Wow. It’s glaringly obvious that you get all your info on Palin from the blood libel media.

You repeated it very well … congrats.

darwin on February 12, 2011 at 9:47 AM

I think sheer intelligence is overrated. Nobody is smart enough to master the complexity of issues a President faces, that’s why experts and advisors are used. I want someone who is reasonably intelligent but also has a core set of political, economic, philosophic and moral virtues that guides their life and actions as a compass and which they sincerely work to consistently adhere to – even when the word is pressuring them to compromise. This sum total of this is what we call wisdom. And wisdom trumps intelligence. Clinton was super intelligent. Reagan was super wise. Whether Palin fits this bill is uncertain to me, the jury is out. But to me, Romney doesn’t. He is the archetype of the do whatever it takes professional politician.

tommyboy on February 12, 2011 at 9:55 AM

but she hired someone to tweet and do facebook

PhiKapMom on February 12, 2011 at 9:31 AM

I have to admit I’ve never heard that one. Good grief.

darwin on February 12, 2011 at 9:58 AM

but she hired someone to tweet and do facebook

PhiKapMom on February 12, 2011 at 9:31 AM

I have to admit I’ve never heard that one. Good grief.

darwin on February 12, 2011 at 9:58 AM

Yeah, maybe she also thinks Sarah Palin is a robot who has to be programmed by somebody else to say the things she says. Cripes.

Aitch748 on February 12, 2011 at 10:06 AM

She has one liners for answers to issues…

But yet:

She didn’t write her own books and I don’t have a problem with that but she hired someone to tweet and do facebook…
PhiKapMom on February 12, 2011 at 9:31 AM

LOL…as usual, “heads I win, tails you lose”.

ddrintn on February 12, 2011 at 10:31 AM

Why don’t you ask why some states asked her not to campaign in their states in 2012…

PhiKapMom on February 12, 2011 at 9:31 AM

In which case she’ll fall flat on her face if she chooses to run for the nomination. And in which case you should be going, “Run, Sarah, run!” Right?

ddrintn on February 12, 2011 at 10:33 AM

PhiKapMom on February 12, 2011 at 9:31 AM

Are you kidding? This drivel coming from your keyboard
paid for by George Soros is laughable.

Amjean on February 12, 2011 at 10:43 AM

“anti-Palin”…hmmm, lessee here…she’s a Conservative and he’s a RINO…guess they’re right.

Dr. ZhivBlago on February 12, 2011 at 11:05 AM

‘anti-Palin’ how petty…leave it to Romney to act like a leftist.

tinkerthinker on February 12, 2011 at 11:10 AM

All I can say is that it is a darned good thing that H/A posters are nothing like the bulk of Conservatives or even Republicans. If they were we would be in much, much bigger trouble than we already are!

MJBrutus on February 12, 2011 at 11:11 AM

She has one liners for answers to issues and is way too polarizing.

The last poll I saw, so is Obama. So he shouldn’t run? :)

AnninCA on February 12, 2011 at 11:19 AM

Couls someone/anyone explin who the Huckabee supporters are?

The idea that somehow she doesn’t have the right to run in the primaries, to compete against the other potential candidates for the GOP nomination always makes me wonder what is wrong with the anti-Palin people and/or the candidates they support. If she’s as bad/stupid/ill-prepared as you say she is, she won’t get the nomination. But contuned harping about how she should just STFU makes her supporters definitely less inclined to support your choice. If your guy is so great he and you should be making a better case for him.

katiejane on February 12, 2011 at 11:22 AM

Couls = could
explin = explain

I hate not being able to spell.

katiejane on February 12, 2011 at 11:24 AM

she didn’t even finish the one term.

Which resulted from the endless stream of ethics complaints filed by Democrats, a campaign conducted out of the OFA wing of the White House and funded by George Soros, a campaign which would have driven the Palin family into personal bankruptcy from legal fees.

The only option was to leave office and no longer be a target for such a campaign. She was damned if she did, damned if she didn’t.

pdigaudio on February 12, 2011 at 11:24 AM

The last poll I saw, so is Obama. So he shouldn’t run? :)

AnninCA on February 12, 2011 at 11:19 AM

If you want a candidate with comparable abilities to PBHO, then by all means go with her. I say we need set the bar a lot higher than either of them.

MJBrutus on February 12, 2011 at 11:28 AM

MJBrutus on February 12, 2011 at 11:28 AM

Yeah, sorry. You’re comparing apples and oranges. Obama’s only true abilityis a talent for being a half-a$$ed puppet.

darwin on February 12, 2011 at 11:32 AM