Palin defends GOProud participation at CPAC

posted at 10:12 am on February 7, 2011 by Ed Morrissey

No great surprise here, really; Palin has quietly backed the end of DADT and expressed support for conservative gays and lesbians in the past. Speaking here with David Brody from the Christian Broadcast Network and excerpted by Breitbart TV, Palin doesn’t endorse GOProud but does defend their attendance at CPAC, and argues that the value of events such as CPAC is to debate the issues and provide as much information as possible to attendees:

Well, I’ve never attended a CPAC conference ever so I was a little taken aback this go around when I couldn’t make it to this one either and then there was a speculation well I either agree or disagree with some of the groups or issues that CPAC is discussing. It really is a matter of time for me. But when it comes to and David, perhaps what it is that you’re suggesting in the question is should the GOP, should conservatives not reach out to others, not participate in events or forums that perhaps are rising within those forums are issues that maybe we don’t personally agree with? And I say no, it’s like you being on a panel shoot, with a bunch of the liberal folks whom you have been on and you provide good information and balance, and you allow for healthy debate, which is needed in order for people to gather information and make up their own minds about issues.

I look at participation in an event like CPAC or any other event, along, or kind of in that same vein as the more information that people have, the better.

I’m not sure we’ve polled on this question at all, so this seems like a good time to do so. Should conservatives welcome GOProud, or should they skip CPAC if GOProud participates?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 10

Bravo Gov. Palin. Just went up a couple of notches IMO.

JohnGalt23 on February 7, 2011 at 11:02 AM

But, go ahead, lend them your feather boa and sparkly top hat.

Lourdes on February 7, 2011 at 10:51 AM

What???
That is your ultimate argument, that is how you end a debate?
I always wonder about people like you who are so full of venom for another lifestyle…one that has nothing to do with you, or does it?
You picture Jetboy in a feather boa and sparkly top hat…why? Why would you choose something so specific? Tell us more about these “images” you create, and when do you create these?

right2bright on February 7, 2011 at 11:02 AM

Rebar on February 7, 2011 at 10:59 AM

Conservativism means first and foremost adherence to the Constitution principles of a limited Federal government.

You’re a fool, and a reprobate, Brutus.

KinleyArdal on February 7, 2011 at 10:59 AM

My, what a clever argument.

MJBrutus on February 7, 2011 at 11:02 AM

I’m as anti-gay as they come (not the people, the behavior; that’s an important distinction) but I’m fine with GoProud being at CPAC. My argument is with their wanting the pro-gay agenda attached to the Republican platform.

I’m not sure that there is any distinction at all there.

“I suppose I’ll tolerate you people, so long as you completely deny who and what you are.”

Vyce on February 7, 2011 at 11:02 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on February 7, 2011 at 10:58 AM

I understand ..Don’t worry Geo was probably overreacting..:)

Dire Straits on February 7, 2011 at 11:03 AM

Gay marriage and pro-abortion are now “conservative” positions?

Rebar on February 7, 2011 at 10:53 AM

They may not be social positions of religious conservatives.

The GOP is not a church, though. It’s a political party – the more conservative of the two major parties – consisting of not only religious conservatives, but social moderates, fiscal conservatives, national security hawks, business people, individualists, libertarians,conservative Democrats, etc.

And the purpose of the GOP is to build electoral coalitions and to win elections. If it’s not doing that, it’s not doing its job.

Good Lt on February 7, 2011 at 11:03 AM

…someone will appear soon and start calling me names or whatnot for “daring to” refer to Palin in something other than emotionally-plumping terms.

Lourdes on February 7, 2011 at 10:41 AM

That’s just too easy…

JetBoy on February 7, 2011 at 10:58 AM

Nasty, nasty grown man using “boy” as an I.D. Also a coward. If “that” was “too easy,” then do it instead of trying to slide around here in your homosexuality biting at people’s ankles. OH, forgot, you’re a “boy” so we all should not be too awfully candid with you. Sorry, if you bite, I do bite back.

Lourdes on February 7, 2011 at 11:03 AM

Liking Palin even more…and I can’t wait for the meltdown among some here.

MadisonConservative on February 7, 2011 at 10:14 AM

r4l,jenfidel hardest hit.

katy the mean old lady on February 7, 2011 at 11:04 AM

But the ISSUE as to CPAC is that GOProud — a self-defining homosexual rights advocacy group, nothing more, nothing less…

Apparently you missed the “About” section at the GOProud homepage…

From GOProud:

Mission

GOProud represents gay conservatives and their allies. GOProud is committed to a traditional conservative agenda that emphasizes limited government, individual liberty, free markets and a confident foreign policy. GOProud promotes our traditional conservative agenda by influencing politics and policy at the federal level.

What we believe

We are conservatives who believe in limited government, individual liberty, free markets, a strong national defense and a confident foreign policy. We believe that every individual should be equal under the law. Click here to learn about our federal legislative priorities.

What we do

GOProud advocates for federal public policy initiatives consistent with our mission. We support policies that promote the power of individuals, limit government’s reach, enable economic growth through free market principles, and strengthen America’s position in the world. We support candidates for federal office who share our priorities.

JetBoy on February 7, 2011 at 11:04 AM

I believe Palin statements on DADT include:

1. Let’s let the military decide what to do about it.

and

2. Trying to enact social change in the military while they are at war does not seem prudent.

I wouldn’t say that’s “quietly backed the end of DADT.”

Seriously, Ed. What’s happened to you?

hrh40 on February 7, 2011 at 11:05 AM

While this is an ideal and most helpful response to that poll…

We should welcome any groups that broadly agree on conservative policy goals 77.28% (728 votes)

…it excludes GOProud as being a formative organization in CPAC. Thus, the poll contradicts itself, since the answer was as to continuing GOProud as formative org. in CPAC and that “answer” there side-steps the issue.

Sneaky poll.

Lourdes on February 7, 2011 at 11:05 AM

Lourdes on February 7, 2011 at 11:03 AM

Congratulations on perfecting the stereotype of the gay-hating “conservative”.

MadisonConservative on February 7, 2011 at 11:05 AM

Sorry, if you bite, I do bite back.

Lourdes on February 7, 2011 at 11:03 AM

I’ll bet you do…especially if they are wearing a boa and sparkly hat…

right2bright on February 7, 2011 at 11:05 AM

You picture Jetboy in a feather boa and sparkly top hat…why?

Perhaps JetBoy is a fan of 1980s WWF-era Jesse Ventura?

Vyce on February 7, 2011 at 11:05 AM

To clarify more accurately #2:

Repealing DADT doesn’t seem like a priority while we’re trying to win 2 wars.

hrh40 on February 7, 2011 at 11:06 AM

Lourdes on February 7, 2011 at 11:03 AM

I swear, you are a pip. Lighten up, Francis.

JetBoy on February 7, 2011 at 11:06 AM

I’m for smaller government, a strong national defense, secured borders, and against gun control, socialized medicine, and cap and trade. I voted against Obama, and I support Sarah Palin.

Excellent! You sound like a conservative!

Oh, and I’m gay.

EWWWWWW!!!! GO HANG OUT WITH THE LIBERALS, FREAK!

MadisonConservative on February 7, 2011 at 10:57 AM

I met a few member of GOProud at the DC 9/12 Rally. They seemed like good people.
I met a gentleman who would definitely be a ‘candidate’ for GOProud membership. He had never heard of them when I brought it up but seemed interested.
He was very …gay-proudly so-but a conservative nonetheless. Nice guy.
He also complimented me on my singing-so maybe I’m biased. LoL

annoyinglittletwerp on February 7, 2011 at 11:07 AM

MJBrutus on February 7, 2011 at 11:02 AM

You’re attempting to conflate conservatism with libertarianism, to achieve specific social goals rejected by conservatives.

Which is, in a nutshell, what’s wrong with CPAC – the hijacking of conservatism by libertarians and false-front progressives.

Rebar on February 7, 2011 at 11:07 AM

Yeah, gotta keep those teh ghey issues away…like smaller government, lower taxes, and a strong national defense. Friggin’ gheys…

JetBoy on February 7, 2011 at 10:49 AM

SNORT

katy the mean old lady on February 7, 2011 at 11:08 AM

JetBoy on February 7, 2011 at 11:04 AM

That expose avoids GOProud acknowledging their demands that “social issues” be suppressed among the Right, and among GOP voters.

Except homosexual social issues, those GOProud wants promoted.

What about their positions places them in any leadership position as a group that should be formative of CPAC?

And what about the heads of GOProud disclaiming any goals EXCEPT the advocacy of homosexual rights? Many a public reprint of those remarks, so it’s not private or covert information about the group.

It’s interesting how GOProud is now being dressed up to look like something else.

Lourdes on February 7, 2011 at 11:09 AM

Both are part of the GOP.

Again, the GOP =/= your church. It’s broader than that.

Good Lt on February 7, 2011 at 11:09 AM

Perhaps JetBoy is a fan of 1980s WWF-era Jesse Ventura?

Vyce on February 7, 2011 at 11:05 AM

Macho Man Randy Savage.

MadisonConservative on February 7, 2011 at 11:09 AM

Bravo Gov. Palin. Just went up a couple of notches IMO.

JohnGalt23 on February 7, 2011 at 11:02 AM

And yet, if she is the party’s nominee for President, you’ll do everything in your power to work against her like you did Christine O’Donnell, because she’s just “not electable.”

UltimateBob on February 7, 2011 at 11:10 AM

I swear, you are a pip. Lighten up, Francis.

JetBoy on February 7, 2011 at 11:06 AM

You’re a pig, Jetboy.

Lourdes on February 7, 2011 at 11:10 AM

We believe that every individual should be equal under the law.

What does that mean? Are gays not equal under the law?

Bishop on February 7, 2011 at 11:10 AM

My, what a clever argument.

MJBrutus on February 7, 2011 at 11:02 AM

I’m not interested in arguing with you. You have knowledge, but lack wisdom, and your heart is stone. There’s no point arguing with a fool.

I do feel like mentioning to you, repeatedly, that you are worthless as a man, and stand as a prime example of why the GOP will get nowhere when it comes to saving the nation, because, frankly, you irritate me.

KinleyArdal on February 7, 2011 at 11:10 AM

There’s nothing “Conservative” about a homosexual-activist group, whose formative and functional purpose is to advocate for homosexual “rights”. It’s snake oil.

Lourdes on February 7, 2011 at 11:00 AM

Broad brush it if you must, but GOProud does have some conservative planks in their group platform. Of course, not all of the planks fit my definition of conservative, but I don’t think it negates their voice at a conservative get together that often features groups and speakers that are not truly conservative.

I don’t support GOProud or their gay marriage planks, mostly because I try not to ghetto-ize my conervative stances.

myrenovations on February 7, 2011 at 11:10 AM

Rebar on February 7, 2011 at 11:07 AM

Not at all. The states have the powers to regulate most of what you call social conservatism, not the Feds. A real conservative would recognize the fact that our founders intended to allow the states to regulate marriage, etc and for them to be competitors and laboratories. You should read “The Federalist Papers” to learn what our nation is supposed to be about.

MJBrutus on February 7, 2011 at 11:11 AM

Again, the GOP =/= your church. It’s broader than that.

Good Lt on February 7, 2011 at 11:09 AM

Is CPAC a GOP event?

Rocks on February 7, 2011 at 11:11 AM

Rebar on February 7, 2011 at 11:07 AM

^ This man speaks the truth.

KinleyArdal on February 7, 2011 at 11:12 AM

He was very …gay-proudly so-but a conservative nonetheless. Nice guy.
He also complimented me on my singing-so maybe I’m biased. LoL

annoyinglittletwerp on February 7, 2011 at 11:07 AM

Simple question to discern the sensible conservatives from the ones who need a serious reality check:

If Richard Simmons came out as a conservative, and ran against Obama, who would you vote for?

“Get your tushies to the voting boooooths!!!”

MadisonConservative on February 7, 2011 at 11:12 AM

Palin defends GOProud

Meh…sounded more like she was defending conservatives who are willing to sit down at the table with ‘people they don’t personally agree with’ to me. She said (her going)it would be like David sitting down on a panel with a bunch of liberals. I don’t take it to mean she thinks that conservatives need to learn from the homosexuals and their supporters, but the other way around.

And where has she explicitly, if quietly backed repeal of DADT? I only find the implicit support people read in that retweet of Tammy Bruce’s comment that was more about hypocrisy than the rightness or wrongness of repeal.

Did I miss a Palin post somewhere? If she runs, she’s going to have to be more explicit in her views, but until she is, I reserve judgment.

My view on conservatives attending is that as long as the homosexual PC police don’t shut down the conservative message, conservatives can and probably should go. But didn’t one conservative speaking against the homosexual agenda get booed off the stage last year? If homosexuals and their supporters are going to take it over, and attendance is made to look like endorsement of the homosexual agenda, then no, don’t go. I have a feeling the latter is the case and why some are refusing to be used this way.

pannw on February 7, 2011 at 11:12 AM

frankly, you irritate me.

KinleyArdal on February 7, 2011 at 11:10 AM

I don’t like you, so I’m rather glad to hear it :-)

MJBrutus on February 7, 2011 at 11:12 AM

“Get your tushies to the voting boooooths!!!”

MadisonConservative on February 7, 2011 at 11:12 AM

You frighten me, sir. ._.

KinleyArdal on February 7, 2011 at 11:12 AM

Is CPAC a GOP event?

Rocks on February 7, 2011 at 11:11 AM

No – CPAC attendees vote Democrat.

Good Lt on February 7, 2011 at 11:13 AM

You’re a pig, Jetboy.

Lourdes on February 7, 2011 at 11:10 AM

And you’re a slimebag.

MadisonConservative on February 7, 2011 at 11:13 AM

IMO, fine for GOProud to attend/speak, and also fine for the socons who bother to show up to register their disapproval.

But any idiot who thinks they are down with the center/right’s agenda is just that.

The day the GOP adopts the gay rights agenda, is the last day I ever support them.

But they are so far left of other issues, (spending, immigration) that it’s gotta happen soon anyway.

But, go ahead, lend them your feather boa and sparkly top hat.

Lourdes on February 7, 2011 at 10:51 AM

haha, love it.

Listen to the PC seals bark.

Nasty, nasty grown man using “boy” as an I.D.

Yeah, what’s up with that?

rightwingyahooo on February 7, 2011 at 11:13 AM

Macho Man Randy Savage.

MadisonConservative on February 7, 2011 at 11:09 AM

Macho gavesome of the best promos in the 80s. I swear, they were doing so much coke back in those days, everything was like the massive manic-phase ramblings of a schizophrenic.

Vyce on February 7, 2011 at 11:13 AM

I don’t like you, so I’m rather glad to hear it :-)

MJBrutus on February 7, 2011 at 11:12 AM

Well, that’s a relief. Here I thought I’d found a fan, or something.

KinleyArdal on February 7, 2011 at 11:13 AM

r4l,jenfidel hardest hit.

katy the mean old lady on February 7, 2011 at 11:04 AM

LOL!..:)

Dire Straits on February 7, 2011 at 11:13 AM

^ This man speaks the your truth.

KinleyArdal on February 7, 2011 at 11:12 AM

FTFY

Good Lt on February 7, 2011 at 11:14 AM

You’re a pig, Jetboy.

Lourdes on February 7, 2011 at 11:10 AM

I’ll take jetboy any time.He doesn’t rush to judge people he hasn’t met.

katy the mean old lady on February 7, 2011 at 11:14 AM

Excellent! You sound like a conservative!

Oh, and I’m gay.

EWWWWWW!!!! GO HANG OUT WITH THE LIBERALS, FREAK!

MadisonConservative on February 7, 2011 at 10:57 AM

And you’re a Liberal, MadCon, and most who have read these comments over any length of time — except the other Liberals here — know that.

The point is about homosexual activism as a formative aspect to CPAC. It’s not about anyone “being gay” or not being gay.

The LIberals and Libertarians continue to toss in that misleading attempt to ridicule Conservatives about “gay=icky” snark, but that’s not what this decision to not participate in CPAC is about, as has been abundantly stated here and elsewhere.

Note, however, that the homosexual activists and Leftwing/Libertarians continue to ramp up the ridicule about Conservatives based upon their false flag. Conservatives have confronted the deceit of late that has become CPAC’s organization and the deceivers, so to speak, can’t and won’t address THAT, so they’re ridiculing Conservatives about “gays” instead.

It’s deception by the Left — GOProud included — and it’s dishonorable.

Lourdes on February 7, 2011 at 11:15 AM

FTFY

Good Lt on February 7, 2011 at 11:14 AM

This man speaks the truth.

KinleyArdal on February 7, 2011 at 11:12 AM

Yada, yada, yada.

KinleyArdal on February 7, 2011 at 11:15 AM

katy the mean old lady on February 7, 2011 at 11:04 AM

She’s over @Big Government saying that Gov. Palin’s comments were taken out of context/misrepresented.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 7, 2011 at 11:16 AM

MJBrutus on February 7, 2011 at 11:11 AM

I would agree with regulation. Defining marriage as something other than marriage might be a different story. If a state government was trying to redefine a rifle as a broom I doubt anyone here would be so Federalist.

Rocks on February 7, 2011 at 11:16 AM

Gotta a lot of lefties in here this morning.

Fools who think civil society can repair itself by clinging to the 20th century progressivist model family.

rightwingyahooo on February 7, 2011 at 11:16 AM

Again, the GOP =/= your church. It’s broader than that.

Good Lt on February 7, 2011 at 11:09 AM

Traditional marriage has been a plank in the GOP platform for decades.

Rebar on February 7, 2011 at 11:16 AM

You’re a pig, Jetboy.

Lourdes on February 7, 2011 at 11:10 AM

I’ll take jetboy any time.He doesn’t rush to judge people he hasn’t met.

katy the mean old lady on February 7, 2011 at 11:14 AM

Do what you want. I hadn’t stopped to wonder what you thought, by the way.

Lourdes on February 7, 2011 at 11:16 AM

katy the mean old lady on February 7, 2011 at 11:14 AM

Good Post!..But he is still a Jets fan..:):):)

Dire Straits on February 7, 2011 at 11:16 AM

The question to the “real, true, pure” conservatives here is this:

Do gays have a home in the GOP? On the right?

Do they have an alternative to the Democrat party?

If not, who on the right is preventing that from happening?

Good Lt on February 7, 2011 at 11:17 AM

You’re a pig, Jetboy.

Lourdes on February 7, 2011 at 11:10 AM

And a fabulous feather-boa wearing, top hat sporting pig at that. I tell ya, for someone who whines about being called names…

JetBoy on February 7, 2011 at 11:17 AM

I swear, you are a pip. Lighten up, Francis.

JetBoy on February 7, 2011 at 11:06 AM

We can agree to disagree on things but you’re cool in my book, friend.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 7, 2011 at 11:18 AM

UltimateBob on February 7, 2011 at 11:10 AM

Don’t be so sure. I think she’s unelectable, but will vote for her if she’s the nominee. And statements like this one help assure me that she’s not in the crazy wing of the party over there with Jim DeMint.

Vyce on February 7, 2011 at 11:18 AM

Lourdes on February 7, 2011 at 11:15 AM

Nobody knows that, since it’s not true. A few people think that because I disagree with them on one or two issues, or because I’m not Christian. It’s not that you’re ignorant of what I believe, it’s that you know so much that isn’t so.

MadisonConservative on February 7, 2011 at 11:18 AM

No – CPAC attendees vote Democrat.

Good Lt on February 7, 2011 at 11:13 AM

I’m sure many do. Especially the libertarians for local and state elections. CPAC was formed to influence the GOP, not the other way around.

Rocks on February 7, 2011 at 11:18 AM

Rocks on February 7, 2011 at 11:16 AM

rightwingyahooo on February 7, 2011 at 11:18 AM

Traditional marriage has been a plank in the GOP platform for decades.

Rebar on February 7, 2011 at 11:16 AM

Is divorce legal?

Good Lt on February 7, 2011 at 11:19 AM

Rocks on February 7, 2011 at 11:18 AM

Yes – CPAC attendees all vote Democrat.

Always have. Always will.

Good Lt on February 7, 2011 at 11:19 AM

Lourdes on February 7, 2011 at 11:00 AM

Fine. Let them attend CPAC, voice their opinions, and the whole GOP defines the platform. What’s the big deal? CPAC isn’t the convention and doesn’t nominate the candidate. Isn’t that the definition of “big tent?”
I’m neither pro-abortion nor in favor of gay marriage (though I do support civil unions), but I wouldn’t tell someone in favor of either platform that they weren’t allowed to vote for a fiscal conservative.

Chewy the Lab on February 7, 2011 at 11:19 AM

JetBoy on February 7, 2011 at 11:17 AM

Heh.

Good Lt on February 7, 2011 at 11:20 AM

Perhaps JetBoy is a fan of 1980s WWF-era Jesse Ventura?

Vyce on February 7, 2011 at 11:05 AM

Or maybe he’s a fan of Dennis Rodman.

UltimateBob on February 7, 2011 at 11:20 AM

Traditional marriage has been a plank in the GOP platform for decades.

Rebar on February 7, 2011 at 11:16 AM

Quite true. I wouldn’t confuse the GOP with conservatism.

MJBrutus on February 7, 2011 at 11:20 AM

The question to the “real, true, pure” conservatives here is this:
Do gays have a home in the GOP? On the right?
Do they have an alternative to the Democrat party?
If not, who on the right is preventing that from happening?
Good Lt on February 7, 2011 at 11:17 AM

The answer: of course they are welcome, so long as they are against gay marriage, for DADT (reinstatement), against equal protection for homosexuals, and in general deny their homosexuality and never act upon their homosexual impulses.

So long as they completely deny everything about their sexual identity, they will be tolerated. Never really trusted, but tolerated.

Vyce on February 7, 2011 at 11:22 AM

And a fabulous feather-boa wearing, top hat sporting pig at that.

JetBoy on February 7, 2011 at 11:17 AM

Cool!
Got any photos?
*wink*

annoyinglittletwerp on February 7, 2011 at 11:23 AM

Chewy the Lab on February 7, 2011 at 11:19 AM

It really makes you wonder how unsure some are of the strength of their positions when they are so threatened by a group that agrees with them 90% of the time.

MadisonConservative on February 7, 2011 at 11:23 AM

Do gays have a home in the GOP? On the right?

Do they have an alternative to the Democrat party?

If not, who on the right is preventing that from happening?

Good Lt on February 7, 2011 at 11:17 AM

This is a foolish, over emotional question.

IMO the GOP should stand for conservatism in all spheres and that means the family as the basic building block of society.

This does not mean we reject gays, it means we (most of us) disapprove of the lifestyle. We will be quiet unless asked.

But the gay community has it’s own decision to make. They must decide of their sexual fetishes are more important toe them than their other, more conservative impulses, and decide on that basis.

rightwingyahooo on February 7, 2011 at 11:23 AM

Chewy the Lab on February 7, 2011 at 11:19 AM

Ditto.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 7, 2011 at 11:23 AM

pannw on February 7, 2011 at 11:12 AM

Yes, booed off, shouted down, guy was attempting to state his opinions, and he was/is a Conservative, and the Libertarian/Liberals/HomosexualActivists attending booe’d him.

Which I anticipate is GOProud’s point in demanding that the GOP “exclude” or “avoid” discussion of “social issues.”

Most who are Christian and certainly who are Catholic do recognize sin involved in homosexuality and aren’t available too eagerly if at all to then translate those views to voting FOR “gay marriage” and other things of that nature, AND are not too supportive of NOT being able to exercise one’s religion in this nation as “free”dom for citizens (which is why homosexual activism doesn’t want someone exercising their Freedom of Religion “in public” — it presents an alternative point of view to the indoctrination of activism that has leeched into the public educational system).

Anyway…CPAC isn’t a religious organization nor government one, either, but the entire point about CPAC having become contrary to it’s original intent is that a homosexual activist group has become a formative member of the organizational interests of CPAC. It’s a contradiction of terms.

Lourdes on February 7, 2011 at 11:23 AM

Traditional marriage has been a plank in the GOP platform for decades.

Rebar on February 7, 2011 at 11:16 AM

Is divorce legal?

Good Lt on February 7, 2011 at 11:19 AM

“Because it is lawful does not mean that it is profitable.”

pugwriter on February 7, 2011 at 11:23 AM

Vyce on February 7, 2011 at 11:22 AM

Oh cry me a river mr Mondale.

rightwingyahooo on February 7, 2011 at 11:24 AM

rightwingyahooo on February 7, 2011 at 11:23 AM

In other words, don’t be gay, or don’t tell me you’re gay, or you’re not welcome in the conservative movement.

MadisonConservative on February 7, 2011 at 11:24 AM

Traditional marriage has been a plank in the GOP platform for decades.

Rebar on February 7, 2011 at 11:16 AM

Is divorce legal?

Good Lt on February 7, 2011 at 11:19 AM

Even Jesus allows divorce. What’s the point of that question?

Rocks on February 7, 2011 at 11:25 AM

MadisonConservative on February 7, 2011 at 11:12 AM

Now, I like Richard Simmons as much as the next person but I still haven’t recover from Clinton wearing short shorts during his jogs to McDonalds. Surely you can come up with a different person to represent gays. How do you know Richard Simmons is gay?

Cindy Munford on February 7, 2011 at 11:25 AM

MJBrutus on February 7, 2011 at 11:20 AM

So, you’re position is that the GOP is not “conservative” when it defends the unborn and traditional marriage?

Now I know you don’t understand the word conservative.

Rebar on February 7, 2011 at 11:25 AM

Social conservatives and libertarians are united under the principles of government limited under the Constitution’s enumerated powers. (In fact Reagan said in 1976 Reason magazine interview that libertarianism was the soul of conservatism). We are united in principle, enumerated powers, limited government. The debate exists only to the scope of those enumerated powers. Those who wish to foment dissent between the Palin and Paul wings of the Tea Party are doing a disservice to their fellow conservatives. Have heated, spirited debate, but always unite under the principles of limited government, enumerated powers under the Constitution (equality under the law – not equality of outcomes) and individual freedom. Victory can be ours in 2012 if we stand together.

Angry Dumbo on February 7, 2011 at 11:26 AM

Why do the gays have to place all their political chips on their sexual identity? Do the heteros do that?

No one has answered this question for me in 20 years….

rightwingyahooo on February 7, 2011 at 11:26 AM

Yes – CPAC attendees all vote Democrat.

Always have. Always will.

Good Lt on February 7, 2011 at 11:19 AM

Is there a point to your repeating this?

Rocks on February 7, 2011 at 11:26 AM

How do you know Richard Simmons is gay?

Cindy Munford on February 7, 2011 at 11:25 AM

How do you know water is wet?

MadisonConservative on February 7, 2011 at 11:27 AM

Cindy Munford on February 7, 2011 at 11:25 AM

How about Tammy Bruce or Deroy Murdock?

annoyinglittletwerp on February 7, 2011 at 11:27 AM

Chewy the Lab on February 7, 2011 at 11:19 AM

Ditto.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 7, 2011 at 11:23 AM

At “Chewy the Lab” – yes, but GOProud and now CPAC in their mutuality have begun to “tell someone in favor of either platform that they weren’t allowed to vote for a [social] conservative.”

In fact, now having gone so far as to openly ridicule (“hate”) those who do so advocate for social Conservatives and socially conservative issues.

So I see nothing AT ALL defensible about GOProud’s behavior as also the Libertarian/Liberal organizers of CPAC. What this has to say about the GOP at this hour, I can’t say but they are going to lose in 2012 if they join in with GOProud’s cowardly denigration of social conservatives and socially conservative issues.

Lourdes on February 7, 2011 at 11:28 AM

You’re a pig, Jetboy.
Lourdes on February 7, 2011 at 11:10 AM

*in best Paul Lynde swish*

Oh honey…..you tire me.

Vyce on February 7, 2011 at 11:29 AM

Even Jesus allows divorce. What’s the point of that question?

Rocks on February 7, 2011 at 11:25 AM

Because divorce is immoral.

Does the GOP have that as part of their “traditional marriage” plank? I couldn’t find it.

If not, why aren’t they crusading to get rid of divorce? It’s immoral, it creates lots of problems, it’s legal and it’s utilized by millions of heterosexual married couples as a mechanism by which they can get out of their commitments to each other and their promises before God.

Right? So what gives?

Good Lt on February 7, 2011 at 11:29 AM

MadisonConservative on February 7, 2011 a t 11:24 AM

Do you want to know if people are gay? I don’t. I’m more interested in a person’s ideas on government, liberty, and civil society.

The people of this country are nothing but cowards obsessed with genitalia and orifice preference.

We cannot survive for long like this.

rightwingyahooo on February 7, 2011 at 11:29 AM

Yes – CPAC attendees all vote Democrat.

Always have. Always will.

Good Lt on February 7, 2011 at 11:19 AM

My husband went to CPAC in 2002…and he’s-like me-a conservatarian.
He cast his first vote, for Reagan in ’80.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 7, 2011 at 11:30 AM

Now I know you don’t understand the word conservative.

Rebar on February 7, 2011 at 11:25 AM

The difference is that I derive my notion of conservatism from the fundamental principles of our nation. The words and actions of our founders and the understanding of those words by the people who ratified the Constitution. IOW, I define it in terms of original intent.

You prefer a “living” definition of that word.

MJBrutus on February 7, 2011 at 11:30 AM

*in best Paul Lynde swish*

Oh honey…..you tire me.

Vyce on February 7, 2011 at 11:29 AM

Great.
Thanks for the mindworm.
LoL

annoyinglittletwerp on February 7, 2011 at 11:31 AM

UltimateBob on February 7, 2011 at 11:10 AM

Apparently you, you have the concept of “working against her”, with reminding drone-like worshipers that some had warned against their folly ahead of time, and were proven right, every step of the way.

Oh, and hoping that the acolytes of amateurism might heed such sage advice in the future, in order to avoid yet another ignominious defeat.

JohnGalt23 on February 7, 2011 at 11:31 AM

Yes – CPAC attendees all vote Democrat.

Always have. Always will.

Good Lt on February 7, 2011 at 11:19 AM

My husband went to CPAC in 2002…and he’s-like me-a conservatarian.
He cast his first vote, for Reagan in ’80.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 7, 2011 at 11:30 AM

I know – I was being facetious :-)

There was a claim by one commenter who was “sure” that many CPAC attendees vote Democrat.

I was just reiterating that interesting assertion for effect.

Good Lt on February 7, 2011 at 11:32 AM

Good Post!..But he is still a Jets fan..:):):)

Dire Straits on February 7, 2011 at 11:16 AM

Hey,try being an Orioles fan.We all have a burden to carry.

katy the mean old lady on February 7, 2011 at 11:32 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on February 7, 2011 at 11:27 AM

I don’t know Deroy Murdock but I would vote for Ms. Bruce before I’d vote for Obama.

MadisonConservative on February 7, 2011 at 11:27 AM

LOL! What? I will bow to you probably being better informed than I.

Cindy Munford on February 7, 2011 at 11:32 AM

rightwingyahooo on February 7, 2011 at 11:23 AM

MadisonConservative on February 7, 2011 at 11:24 AM

No, of course rightwingyahooo didn’t “mean” that nor allude to such a thing.

I think you might find a comment Decoder Ring somewhere for sale on HuffPo.

Lourdes on February 7, 2011 at 11:33 AM

How do you know Richard Simmons is gay?

Cindy Munford on February 7, 2011 at 11:25 AM

How do you know water is wet?

MadisonConservative on February 7, 2011 at 11:27 AM

Well, one answer is “by jumping in”.

Not that I would recommend that.

JohnGalt23 on February 7, 2011 at 11:35 AM

katy the mean old lady on February 7, 2011 at 11:32 AM

ROFL!..:)..very good point!..:)

Dire Straits on February 7, 2011 at 11:35 AM

Do you want to know if people are gay?

Yes. If they compliment me on my looks, I don’t want ambiguity. I want to be able to comfortably say “I’m straight, but thanks for letting me know I have a nice ass.”

I don’t.

rightwingyahooo on February 7, 2011 at 11:29 AM

Of course. Tolerance is too much for you. Note that I said tolerance, not acceptance.

MadisonConservative on February 7, 2011 at 11:36 AM

What the hell has exploded in MadCon’s brain, recently? I used to take his side when he went at it with the awful CK MaCleod.

Gone hard core lefty on us.

rightwingyahooo on February 7, 2011 at 11:36 AM

I was just reiterating that interesting assertion for effect.

Good Lt on February 7, 2011 at 11:32 AM

Aspie grrl strikes again.
*whaps side of head*

annoyinglittletwerp on February 7, 2011 at 11:37 AM

LOL! What? I will bow to you probably being better informed than I.

Cindy Munford on February 7, 2011 at 11:32 AM

Convince me that this is a straight man.

MadisonConservative on February 7, 2011 at 11:38 AM

MadisonConservative on February 7, 2011 at 11:36 AM

What an odd duck you are. I know and work with several obviously gay people every day. Always cordial. They are not close friends, though, but I’m damn picky about friends.

rightwingyahooo on February 7, 2011 at 11:38 AM