Palin defends GOProud participation at CPAC

posted at 10:12 am on February 7, 2011 by Ed Morrissey

No great surprise here, really; Palin has quietly backed the end of DADT and expressed support for conservative gays and lesbians in the past. Speaking here with David Brody from the Christian Broadcast Network and excerpted by Breitbart TV, Palin doesn’t endorse GOProud but does defend their attendance at CPAC, and argues that the value of events such as CPAC is to debate the issues and provide as much information as possible to attendees:

Well, I’ve never attended a CPAC conference ever so I was a little taken aback this go around when I couldn’t make it to this one either and then there was a speculation well I either agree or disagree with some of the groups or issues that CPAC is discussing. It really is a matter of time for me. But when it comes to and David, perhaps what it is that you’re suggesting in the question is should the GOP, should conservatives not reach out to others, not participate in events or forums that perhaps are rising within those forums are issues that maybe we don’t personally agree with? And I say no, it’s like you being on a panel shoot, with a bunch of the liberal folks whom you have been on and you provide good information and balance, and you allow for healthy debate, which is needed in order for people to gather information and make up their own minds about issues.

I look at participation in an event like CPAC or any other event, along, or kind of in that same vein as the more information that people have, the better.

I’m not sure we’ve polled on this question at all, so this seems like a good time to do so. Should conservatives welcome GOProud, or should they skip CPAC if GOProud participates?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 10

Liking Palin even more…and I can’t wait for the meltdown among some here.

MadisonConservative on February 7, 2011 at 10:14 AM

Is Allah due back soon? It’s not nice to just disappear. I hope this is just a vacation…

petunia on February 7, 2011 at 10:16 AM

I am more concerned with Fiscal responsibility then social policies at this point…14 Trillion debt is out of control.

hawkman on February 7, 2011 at 10:16 AM

Allahpundit sez:
Second look at Fred Phelps?

victor82 on February 7, 2011 at 10:16 AM

Crist/Castle 2012

Bishop on February 7, 2011 at 10:16 AM

Bravo, Mrs. Palin.

I suspect that this thread will not end well.

Good Lt on February 7, 2011 at 10:18 AM

Liking Palin even more…and I can’t wait for the meltdown among some here.

Don’t think there’ll be a meltdown. I’m not a Palin fan, but she’s absolutely right here. And some of the Palinbots will find a way to agree with her, even if they don’t.

YYZ on February 7, 2011 at 10:18 AM

Khun Joe on February 7, 2011 at 10:18 AM

Crist/Castle 2012

Bishop on February 7, 2011 at 10:16 AM

Crist
Castle
Christie
Christine(you know who)

Mix and match!

MadisonConservative on February 7, 2011 at 10:19 AM

Palin defends GOProud participation at CPAC

RINO.

Jenfidel, JannyMae, many others at HotAir hardest hit.

Vyce on February 7, 2011 at 10:20 AM

petunia on February 7, 2011 at 10:16 AM

Allah who? Oh, that one… gee, I hadn’t noticed he was gone and I’ve been enjoying H.A. so much more the past few weeks !

stenwin77 on February 7, 2011 at 10:20 AM

She’s doomed, she’s lost the soc conservative vote, she’s pandering to gays, I was a Palin supporter but this is just too much. /s Which will it be today?

katiejane on February 7, 2011 at 10:20 AM

Good Lt on February 7, 2011 at 10:18 AM

LOL!..Good post!..:)

Dire Straits on February 7, 2011 at 10:21 AM

…the more information that people have, the better.

And that’s the whole enchilada right there. Good on Palin!

JetBoy on February 7, 2011 at 10:22 AM

Jenfidel does NOT approve.

portlandon on February 7, 2011 at 10:23 AM

We may not agree with or particularly like their lifestyles, but they are Americans and should participate in the process. I’m not for gay marriage or even benefits for partners. Like they say about illegals, they’re here and we can’t deport them all. (We could try, though)

Kissmygrits on February 7, 2011 at 10:25 AM

It occurs to me that I don’t actually know what the purpose if CPAC is as an event.
If it is to hash out policy and what direction should be taken on issues, then everyone who intends to be constructive should be welcome.
If it is to cheerlead for the upcoming campaign season on a predetermined platform, obviously not everyone should be invited.

Count to 10 on February 7, 2011 at 10:25 AM

Good answer.

myrenovations on February 7, 2011 at 10:25 AM

Snowbilly Quitter is just pandering.

Specter/Snowe 2012

Bishop on February 7, 2011 at 10:26 AM

stenwin77 on February 7, 2011 at 10:20 AM

Allah has only been missing a few days, your enhanced enjoyment must be from something else.

Cindy Munford on February 7, 2011 at 10:26 AM

Savvy move on her part.

kevinkristy on February 7, 2011 at 10:26 AM

‘Palin defends GOProud participation at CPAC’

Kudos to her. It’s the ‘right’ thing to do.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 7, 2011 at 10:28 AM

Dammit, I hate it when WordPress pretends I’m logged in, then eats my post.

Once more, from the top.

Let’s see:
In the US we are debating whether marriage laws should be changed to allow gays to marry or allow them to serve openly in the military.

In fundamentalist Muslim countries there is no debate over executing gays.

Yet the Left sides with fundamentalist Muslims. Why does the Left hate gays to the point of executing them?

rbj on February 7, 2011 at 10:28 AM

To me the end of DADT is a big mistake. I’ll chalk it up to SP being human. Or maybe she knows something I don’t. Or maybe she’s just more moderate socially than the haters give her credit for. The rest of her attitudes towards gays seems like simply living what her faith tells her, to be compassionate.

Paul-Cincy on February 7, 2011 at 10:29 AM

I’m voting for Obama. At least HE doesn’t like gays and isn’t afraid to admit it. The destruction of our country and way of life is a small price to pay for a clean conscience.

/massive sarcasm in case nobody realizes it.

Mord on February 7, 2011 at 10:30 AM

for people to gather information and make up their own minds about issues.

we have gathered information and made up our minds…its why gay marriage loses every vote.

anyone that thinks this is a winning issue is delusional.

right4life on February 7, 2011 at 10:30 AM

Good for her.

AnninCA on February 7, 2011 at 10:30 AM

Jenfidel does NOT approve.

portlandon on February 7, 2011 at 10:23 AM

She’s hanging out over @ big government if if you’re looking for her.
The thread was about this and she said the AB was misrepresenting/taking out of context Gov. Palin’s comments or something.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 7, 2011 at 10:30 AM

She’s practically a liberal!

Regarding the poll, not ANY group but yeah certainly teh gays. Why would you want to exclude people? Makes no sense.

Dash on February 7, 2011 at 10:31 AM

Publicly kicking people out of the Big Tent, especially a “protected class”, is stupid. Palin strikes the right note here without making a big deal over it.

SurferDoc on February 7, 2011 at 10:31 AM

hawkman on February 7, 2011 at 10:16 AM

So, a pro-abortion group should be welcomed, so long as they want women to pay out of their own pockets to murder their children?

Rebar on February 7, 2011 at 10:31 AM

Uh oh. Palin != True Conservative

DarkCurrent on February 7, 2011 at 10:31 AM

Well, I’ve never attended a CPAC conference ever

CPAC just can’t seem to deal with being ignored by Palin, lol. I remember the brouhaha when Palin spoke at the Tea Party Convention in Nashville and skipped CPAC. Boy, there were more than a few noses out of joint that year, too.

Fallon on February 7, 2011 at 10:31 AM

I oppose gay marriage, the repeal of DADT… but those who are trying boycott CPAC and foment dissent with the ACU because of the inclusion of one gay group in a large conference representing many conservative factions have serious issues.

Good for Palin for having courage to stand up to the knuckle draggers.

swamp_yankee on February 7, 2011 at 10:32 AM

Palin’s also said that McCain’s political views are hers, are identical to hers. Which is my primary hesitation point about who Sarah Palin is and what her actual views are.

Her views on GOProud are disappointing, to understate that. Grover Norquist strong-arms again. Unfortunately for the rest of us.

Lourdes on February 7, 2011 at 10:32 AM

I suspect that this thread will not end well.

Good Lt on February 7, 2011 at 10:18 AM

You may very well be correct but that will probably be because – as usual – people read what they want to hear into everything Palin says.

katiejane on February 7, 2011 at 10:33 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on February 7, 2011 at 10:30 AM

Wonder how long she will last over there?!?..:)

Dire Straits on February 7, 2011 at 10:33 AM

She’s hanging out over @ big government if if you’re looking for her.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 7, 2011 at 10:30 AM

No. No looking for her. Shhhhh.

portlandon on February 7, 2011 at 10:33 AM

And that’s the whole enchilada right there. Good on Palin!

JetBoy on February 7, 2011 at 10:22 AM

You ‘nistas are so transparent…

the_nile on February 7, 2011 at 10:33 AM

Shorter Andrew Sullivan:
Second Look at Trig?

victor82 on February 7, 2011 at 10:34 AM

It’s amazing to me that Sarah keeps getting the damned if you do, damned if you don’t questions… and Barry gets to let the likes of Billy the Perv do his heavy lifting…
I thought she was a non-issue….. (grins)

RalphyBoy on February 7, 2011 at 10:36 AM

Good for Palin for having courage to stand up to the knuckle draggers.

swamp_yankee on February 7, 2011 at 10:32 AM

It’s erroneous to apply a negative spin or try to to those who disagree with the GOProud continued involvement in CPAC. Not attending and not supporting this exploitation of CPAC as it was founded to be is not something derisive as in, there’s no violent or angry “boycott” but simply a statement of fact and refusal to continue to support this ongoing drift of a once actually Conservative annual meet (now no longer).

GOProud is directly involved in shaping the convention itself now and that’s the key affrontery.

If someone’s homosexual and wants to attend a Conservative-meeting or whatever, then fine, do that. The offense is in making homosexual activism via GOProud a formative hand in the CPAC convention and content itself.

It’s contrary to what CPAC is said to be and once was. Thus, many an actual Conservative isn’t going to continue to support or attend (or participate) in CPAC, as long as it continues to be shaped and modeled after and by a Leftwing activist group.

Lourdes on February 7, 2011 at 10:36 AM

Lourdes on February 7, 2011 at 10:32 AM

I have a bigger problem with Norquist being pro-Islamist than anything else.
He makes Pat Buchanan seem like BiBi in comparison.
As far as CPAC-my then boy friend-now husband-went in 2002.
He enjoyed it immensely.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 7, 2011 at 10:36 AM

No. No looking for her. Shhhhh.

portlandon on February 7, 2011 at 10:33 AM

I was just trying to be helpful.
LoL

annoyinglittletwerp on February 7, 2011 at 10:37 AM

I don’t get the GOProud label. I like beer. Maybe I should start a BeerProud society.

Paul-Cincy on February 7, 2011 at 10:39 AM

Wonder how long she will last over there?!?..:)

Dire Straits on February 7, 2011 at 10:33 AM

Dunno. I left 3 comments on the same thread as ‘atwerp’.
I wonder if she’ll figure out who it is.
LoL

annoyinglittletwerp on February 7, 2011 at 10:39 AM

Mord

I beg to differ!

Sincerely your,

Larry Sinclair

honsy on February 7, 2011 at 10:40 AM

Good for her. There’s a huge difference between gay issues and abortion. The GOP will always be the party of life, but the anti-gay wing will slowly die out.

IR-MN on February 7, 2011 at 10:40 AM

Wow, this may be the most impressive position she’s taken. I still despise her, but Jim DeMint should certainly take a page from her book.

Levinite on February 7, 2011 at 10:41 AM

I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again: When Jesus returns He won’t be running for office, so the perfect candidate is forever out of reach. Because Palin doesn’t want to round homosexuals up and dump them in hard labor camps doesn’t mean she’s a RINO.

I’m as anti-gay as they come (not the people, the behavior; that’s an important distinction) but I’m fine with GoProud being at CPAC. My argument is with their wanting the pro-gay agenda attached to the Republican platform.

All American citizens have the right to speak their minds, short of false “Clear and Present Danger” pronouncements. I have the right to disagree. Great country, ain’t it?

pugwriter on February 7, 2011 at 10:41 AM

I suspect that this thread will not end well.

Good Lt on February 7, 2011 at 10:18 AM

katiejane on February 7, 2011 at 10:33 AM

Emotionalism generates a lot of arguing and points of view statements on the internet, as also all through media in general.

People on both the Left AND the Right are generally “emotional” about Palin. Thus, her remarks and such generate a lot of talk and most of that is emotionally wired. Palin encourages this, in my view, with her emotional snipes and method of speech.

Nothing wrong about it, perhaps — I am making an observation only here — but watch, someone will appear soon and start calling me names or whatnot for “daring to” refer to Palin in something other than emotionally-plumping terms.

My own point of view…I tend to look at issues and who has what view on what issue. Where politicians are concerned, they all say what they need to say to gain “popularity” and Palin is no different in that, so I try to remain apart as much as possible from all politicians until there’s a nominee and I’m asked to contribute and then complete a ballot.

Lourdes on February 7, 2011 at 10:41 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on February 7, 2011 at 10:39 AM

LOL!..:)

Dire Straits on February 7, 2011 at 10:41 AM

Paul-Cincy on February 7, 2011 at 10:39 AM

BeerParty?

the_nile on February 7, 2011 at 10:42 AM

Paul-Cincy on February 7, 2011 at 10:39 AM

There actually is a “Patriot’s Beer Party”. Google “Mike Church” or look here…

:-D

Levinite on February 7, 2011 at 10:43 AM

LOL!..:)

Dire Straits on February 7, 2011 at 10:41 AM

Hey-even gary and I get along-as long as we stay off of …certain subject.
there may be hope for me and Jen…maybe.
If she goes off on me over there I will ‘clue’ her in.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 7, 2011 at 10:45 AM

Lourdes on February 7, 2011 at 10:36 AM

Wrong. They tried and failed. Read the agenda. A few are trying to de-legitimize the event, but most will still go and thrive. Those who decide to boycott just marginalized themselves, and make themselves irrelevant.

Have fun on the sidelines.

I dont support the gay agenda, but I dont avoid them like they have cooties either. If a gay conservative supports 90% of what I believe I will accept his support. Its all about building coalitions.

swamp_yankee on February 7, 2011 at 10:45 AM

BeerParty?

the_nile on February 7, 2011 at 10:42 AM

I don’t like beer.
How ’bout an American Irish cream party?

annoyinglittletwerp on February 7, 2011 at 10:46 AM

OMG the woman not only looks comfortable riding a horse but doesn’t go Taliban on gays – is it possible that she is a warm, pleasant natured lady?

callingallcomets on February 7, 2011 at 10:46 AM

I will admit that pretty much every morning my first waking thought is “Who will be allowed to attend CPAC”.

Then I eat a pancake.

Bishop on February 7, 2011 at 10:46 AM

What exactly is GOProuds information that we need to know? That Social Cons are a bunch of narrow minded bigots? Don’t we have liberals to tell us that?

lowandslow on February 7, 2011 at 10:46 AM

And let’s all recall their big old letter advising the Right to not get involved in social issues. While they are a homosexual-activist group advocating homosexual social issues (just everyone else keep it to yourselves about anything else except the homosexual stuff, that’s their privilege).

I don’t have a problem “with” homosexuals, not in any sense that I’m having to slam doors, but the issue of the advocacy group for “homosexual rights” being some sort of Prima Dona position within the GOP is entirely offensive to me, while they are then using such position (and being allowed to do so) to condemn anyone else who might try and discuss “social issues” that GOProud doesn’t consider useful to homosexuality promotion.

CPAC isn’t for Conservatives any longer and it’s become the Obama-version of Say-What-Works even when it’s clearly contrary to what most others consider as definitive of what is. Use the term but change the definition…

Lourdes on February 7, 2011 at 10:46 AM

Lourdes on February 7, 2011 at 10:32 AM

Got any link to prove this to be true? Any comment she may have made during the 2008 campaign don’t count.

NoNails on February 7, 2011 at 10:46 AM

Lourdes on February 7, 2011 at 10:32 AM

Seriously? The VP candidate positions MUST reflect the Prez candidate’s. You want to know who SP is, listen to her now.

Paul-Cincy on February 7, 2011 at 10:47 AM

Rebar on February 7, 2011 at 10:31 AM

Abortion isn’t going to be outlawed any time soon. How about we focus on goals that we can actually accomplish…like reducing the size of government, spending, and our national debt?

MadisonConservative on February 7, 2011 at 10:47 AM

katiejane on February 7, 2011 at 10:20 AM

I totally agree. If the GOP caves in on same sex marriage they are doomed. Gays are welcome, but have some respect for fellow conservatives. I’m cool with civil unions with all the rights, but don’t redefine marriage.

RadioFreeUSA on February 7, 2011 at 10:47 AM

Rebar on February 7, 2011 at 10:31 AM

Damned straight! We should welcome pro-choicers as well as gays with open arms!

MJBrutus on February 7, 2011 at 10:48 AM

Yeah, gotta keep those teh ghey issues away…like smaller government, lower taxes, and a strong national defense. Friggin’ gheys…

JetBoy on February 7, 2011 at 10:49 AM

lowandslow on February 7, 2011 at 10:46 AM

Yes, exactly. The group is a Liberal one. They no more relate to Conservatives than their homosexual-activism does and the offensive group’s leaders are the first to admit that: they’re about promoting homosexuality and these things called “homosexual rights” and nothing more than that.

This is another ploy by Norquist and others to burst the concept and congregation of Conservatives and redefine the term.

Lourdes on February 7, 2011 at 10:49 AM

Big whoop. What’s the big deal? A lot of folks don’t get that, as a Christian, she’s supposed to love everybody–hate the sin, love the sinner. Her Lord loved everybody too but He also rubbed elbows with his opponents and He also cleared the temple.

ncborn on February 7, 2011 at 10:49 AM

Lourdes on February 7, 2011 at 10:49 AM

Lourdes…what you know about GOProud could fit on the head of a pin.

JetBoy on February 7, 2011 at 10:51 AM

I forget where I read/heard this, but one member of GOProud was quoted somewhere as saying that his conservative acquaintances were much more accepting of his being gay than his gay acquaintances were of his being conservative.

I think that sums up the hypocrisy of the left very succinctly.

Chewy the Lab on February 7, 2011 at 10:51 AM

JetBoy on February 7, 2011 at 10:49 AM

Useful foolery.

The group, GOProud, has publicly SAID — and boasted as much — that they are a homosexual-activist group and nothing more.

But, go ahead, lend them your feather boa and sparkly top hat.

Lourdes on February 7, 2011 at 10:51 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on February 7, 2011 at 10:45 AM

I am sure you will clue her in!..:)..I did not do a good job the other day (Sat) of defending you! I apologize!..I was late to the battle and did not know if yoy wanted my help!..You have defended me in the past and I thank you for it!..:)

PS..Is there any other subject for Gary?..:)

Dire Straits on February 7, 2011 at 10:51 AM

Paul-Cincy on February 7, 2011 at 10:39 AM

Rump Rangers wasn’t appropriate.

The fact is, you don’t exclude people because they act the way you don’t want them to act…but they shouldn’t try to take that “act” and make it part of some political platform.
I prefer people who have not married multiple times, but I don’t exclude them from being my friend…nor do I exclude gays from my social life. I am sure I do things that I do, the way I drive, the way I raised my kids, who knows?
God treats all immoral behavior the same…I don’t, I discern.
If someone has sex with multiple partners, I do not consider that on the same plane as a rapist…

right2bright on February 7, 2011 at 10:52 AM

I am sure you will clue her in!..:)..I did not do a good job the other day (Sat) of defending you! I apologize!..I was late to the battle and did not know if you wanted my help!..You have defended me in the past and I thank you for it!..:)

PS..Is there any other subject for Gary?..:)

Dire Straits on February 7, 2011 at 10:51 AM

Sorry for the typo!..:)

Dire Straits on February 7, 2011 at 10:53 AM

MadisonConservative on February 7, 2011 at 10:47 AM

Agreed, but that’s not what GOProud is bringing to the table.

Damned straight! We should welcome pro-choicers as well as gays with open arms!

MJBrutus on February 7, 2011 at 10:48 AM

Gay marriage and pro-abortion are now “conservative” positions?

Rebar on February 7, 2011 at 10:53 AM

We should welcome any groups that broadly agree on conservative policy goals

I think it’s stretch to say GOProud broadly agrees to conservative policy goals but even if they did that’s not their point in being there. I don’t see the point of going to a conservative conference to debate liberal issues.

Rocks on February 7, 2011 at 10:53 AM

I think that sums up the hypocrisy of the left very succinctly.

Chewy the Lab on February 7, 2011 at 10:51 AM

I have found this to be very true, examples of which happen on almost a weekly basis.

myrenovations on February 7, 2011 at 10:53 AM

Lourdes on February 7, 2011 at 10:49 AM

Lourdes…what you know about GOProud could fit on the head of a pin.

JetBoy on February 7, 2011 at 10:51 AM

This isn’t your opportunity to promote homosexuality, JetBoy. I know you assume that it is, but it isn’t.

I can read. I’ve read more than enough by the “leaders” of GOProud to fill a pig fest and I don’t care to read any more. They’ve been clearly definitive about their motives and the public is well aware of what they’re about. Unless, of course, they’ve lied about it and suddenly they’re born again and have made full confessions of their sins and now seek some sort of “reintegration” into society.

Lourdes on February 7, 2011 at 10:53 AM

Lourdes on February 7, 2011 at 10:49 AM

You mean they are infiltrating the Republican party through the back door?
You can live a different lifestyle, but still have common political interests.
Now that should confuse you for about 4 days…

right2bright on February 7, 2011 at 10:54 AM

Lourdes on February 7, 2011 at 10:41 AM

How DARE you not refer to Palin in emotionally-plumping terms.

Unbelieveable!!11!! Bwaaa-arghe-le-garrhhhllll.

portlandon on February 7, 2011 at 10:54 AM

Palin is entitled to express her opinion on the matter – just like those groups who decided not to participate.

Blake on February 7, 2011 at 10:54 AM

I don’t like beer.
How ’bout an American Irish cream party?

annoyinglittletwerp on February 7, 2011 at 10:46 AM

Beer Rules!..:)

Dire Straits on February 7, 2011 at 10:55 AM

Good for Sarah

blatantblue on February 7, 2011 at 10:55 AM

Rebar on February 7, 2011 at 10:53 AM

Always have been. Where does our Constitution say that the Feds can regulate either behavior? If anything, the right to one’s most personal of possessions (their body) should be respected by conservatives above all other forms of property.

MJBrutus on February 7, 2011 at 10:56 AM

I’m for smaller government, a strong national defense, secured borders, and against gun control, socialized medicine, and cap and trade. I voted against Obama, and I support Sarah Palin.

Excellent! You sound like a conservative!

Oh, and I’m gay.

EWWWWWW!!!! GO HANG OUT WITH THE LIBERALS, FREAK!

MadisonConservative on February 7, 2011 at 10:57 AM

I’ve read more than enough by the “leaders” of GOProud to fill a pig fest…

I doubt that.

JetBoy on February 7, 2011 at 10:57 AM

MadisonConservative on February 7, 2011 at 10:47 AM

And having Chris Barron go on any news outlet that will have him and moan about Social Conservatives is somehow focusing on those things?

Rocks on February 7, 2011 at 10:57 AM

How DARE you not refer to Palin in emotionally-plumping terms.

Unbelieveable!!11!! Bwaaa-arghe-le-garrhhhllll.

portlandon on February 7, 2011 at 10:54 AM

LOL. When I think emotionally plump, I’m thinking Meggie Mac.

Kataklysmic on February 7, 2011 at 10:58 AM

MadisonConservative on February 7, 2011 at 10:47 AM

Wrong. We’re one or two votes away from having Roe overturned. The issue along with judicial issues in general are more important than ever, which is why Daniels et al won’t be the nominee.

IR-MN on February 7, 2011 at 10:58 AM

…someone will appear soon and start calling me names or whatnot for “daring to” refer to Palin in something other than emotionally-plumping terms.

Lourdes on February 7, 2011 at 10:41 AM

That’s just too easy…

JetBoy on February 7, 2011 at 10:58 AM

PS..Is there any other subject for Gary?..:)

Dire Straits on February 7, 2011 at 10:51 AM

My problem wasn’t gary..it was Geo.
I found him to be a nice guy despite our disagreements.
He’s says he is now my foe.
I’d rather not be seen as the enemy by a fellow conservatve

annoyinglittletwerp on February 7, 2011 at 10:58 AM

Who wants to join my “GoDaddy” group for inclusion in CPAC next year?

I have this fascination for Danica Patrick.

Bishop on February 7, 2011 at 10:59 AM

MJBrutus on February 7, 2011 at 10:56 AM

You keep using that word, “conservative”. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Rebar on February 7, 2011 at 10:59 AM

RadioFreeUSA on February 7, 2011 at 10:47 AM

Actually I think you missed my /s tag.

I don’t see anything in her statement that says she supports gay marriage. I don’t know whether she does or not. People will have to decide whether or not that issue is the thing they can’t yield on.

Personally I don’t support gay marriage – if it really was marriage it wouldn’t need to be qualified with the term gay. Same goes for polygamist marriage. However I can support some version of civil unions – I just don’t now how far and whether I require the same opinion from a candidate.

I understand why some people who feel strongly about gay marriage may resent the GOPROUD people if they think that group is trying to push their specific agenda vice standard conservative issues.

katiejane on February 7, 2011 at 10:59 AM

MJBrutus on February 7, 2011 at 10:56 AM

^ This is precisely why we as a nation are screwed.

We’ve got flaming fools like this man here running around telling us all about how we can do whatever we like because we’re free, so shut up about the tiny corpses Gosnell’s bottling in his lab.

You’re a fool, and a reprobate, Brutus.

KinleyArdal on February 7, 2011 at 10:59 AM

I think that sums up the hypocrisy of the left very succinctly.

Chewy the Lab on February 7, 2011 at 10:51 AM

myrenovations on February 7, 2011 at 10:53 AM

Once again, “being gay” isn’t going to get the door slammed in one’s face or send someone to the streets to find food or something by an employer.

MOST actual Conservatives are tolerant individuals. That someone engaged in homosexual behavior should want to promote small government, reduction of taxes, Capitalism and private enterprise, private education, reduction in Capital Gains, and end to taxpayer funded abortion if not abortion entirely, support the Second Amendment, the Bill of Rights, particularly the exercise of one’s religion in our society, etc., then, fine, go ahead, join in those Conservative values and ideals.

But the ISSUE as to CPAC is that GOProud — a self-defining homosexual rights advocacy group, nothing more, nothing less — is now involved as a FORMATIVE GROUP of CPAC’s entire presentation and annual convention line-up.

Why? What does a homosexual-activist-group have to do with CPAC’s contents, speakers, groups, who is involved and who isn’t, as to deciding the annual presentation? What’s the point of that?

It’s an effort to burst a Conservative model in our society and replace it with another thing altogether while claiming the title or term of “Conservative.” CPAC stands for Conservative Political Action Committee.

There’s nothing “Conservative” about a homosexual-activist group, whose formative and functional purpose is to advocate for homosexual “rights”. It’s snake oil.

Lourdes on February 7, 2011 at 11:00 AM

Who wants to join my “GoDaddy” group for inclusion in CPAC next year?

I have this fascination for Danica Patrick.

Bishop on February 7, 2011 at 10:59 AM

I will join this group if it means I get to say hi to Danica Patrick. >.>

KinleyArdal on February 7, 2011 at 11:01 AM

She’s hanging out over @ big government if if you’re looking for her.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 7, 2011 at 10:30 AM

Let’s go spin some tunes for her over there. Where’s JohnTheLibertarian, our D.J.?

Knucklehead on February 7, 2011 at 11:01 AM