Super Bowl open thread

posted at 10:30 am on February 6, 2011 by Ed Morrissey

And so it comes down to two of the most storied franchises in the NFL, both named after working-class occupations in working-class towns.  The Green Bay Packers meet the Pittsburgh Steelers in perhaps the most impressive Super Bowl environment yet, the billion-dollar stadium that Jerry Jones built for the Dallas Cowboys.  The Packers bring three previous Super Bowl titles to the game, along with nine other league championships, but none more recent than 1996′s Super Bowl.  The Steelers bring six Super Bowl championships in seven appearances, including two in the last five years.

So far this season, I’ve gone 66-40 for regular-season picks and 7-3 in the playoffs.  This game will be tough to call for many reasons.  Obviously I’m backing the Steelers — if you’ve ever read an NFL open thread, you know that much — but I like the Packers as well.  They’ve played as tough as anyone in the last several weeks, and the Pack got to Dallas by winning three games on the road in the playoffs.  The last team to do that?  The Pittsburgh Steelers, in the 2005 season, and they won the Super Bowl.  They’re a fast team playing on turf, and their O-line is healthier than Pittsburgh’s.

But Pittsburgh has some advantages.  First, this is their third Super Bowl in six years, with 18 players having been together for all three.  They had to beat tough defenses to get here, especially the Ravens.  Green Bay beat the Bears defense to win their conference, but they haven’t seen a defense of the Steeler’s caliber in the playoffs.  Pittsburgh has a better run game and may be able to limit Aaron Rodgers’ number of opportunities through ball control, while the Steeler D should force Rodgers into passing through a superior run defense.

This should be a great game, a close game, and it may come down to the team that has the ball last.  I’m picking the Steelers to beat the Packers by a touchdown, 27-20.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 8 9 10 11

Ben Raunchyburger goes down. Fuc% the Steelers and their lowlife QB.
Jaibones on February 6, 2011 at 11:28 PM

These football threads attract the nicest people.

Bishop on February 6, 2011 at 11:34 PM

Because nothing says excitement like a baseball team that hasn’t won a World Series in over 100 years…

Jaibones on February 6, 2011 at 11:29 PM

Actually it’s 101-or is it 102-years.
Lemmee guess-you’re a Sux fan.

Goat go to HEAVEN-
In 20-ELEVEN!

annoyinglittletwerp on February 6, 2011 at 11:35 PM

I loved the little Darth Vader ad. So like a dad to mess with his kid’s head like that.

Lily on February 6, 2011 at 11:31 PM

See if you can find the longer version online; much better. Had texted my son, a big Episode IV and V fan, VI without the Ewoks, VII, VIII and IX, not so much; have to say the version shown was rushed and disappointing by comparison.

churchill995 on February 6, 2011 at 11:35 PM

I’ve really enjoyed all the GM and Chrylser commercials I’ve paid for with my taxes.

SouthernGent on February 6, 2011 at 10:12 PM

As a Bears fan, my hat’s off to Aaron Rodgers and the short-handed Packers. He didn’t do stink against my Bears, but he beat everyone else to death. Great QB.

As for Chrysler, that pathetic mess of a commercial celebrating the piss-farm that is Detroit had me laughing out loud.

Jaibones on February 6, 2011 at 11:36 PM

Jaibones on February 6, 2011 at 11:29 PM

and don’t forget that other chicago team and who their #1 fan is….and I betcha he can name all his fave players too….oh wait!

ted c on February 6, 2011 at 11:36 PM

churchill995 on February 6, 2011 at 11:35 PM

I agree, I had seen the longer version online. Much better.

Lily on February 6, 2011 at 11:37 PM

Anyone else find themselves fumbling for the remote when some of those commercials came on? I had some tykes watching the game and although I knew the GoDaddy commercials were coming, there were some others where I was desperately trying to refocus the kids attention.

“Ohhhh heeyyyyyy, uh, look at Daddy jumping up and down and waving the terrible towel. Just turn around and look at daddy. Now.”

Bishop on February 6, 2011 at 11:38 PM

over 100 years…

Come on, A.L.T. – what part of over 100 don’t you get? And no, I am not a Sox fan. Been cheering for the Scrubs since about 1968, and watching as each year they become more of a pathetic, inexplicable joke and a blight upon the face of professional sports. As a franchise, they have redefined inept.

Jaibones on February 6, 2011 at 11:38 PM

churchill995 on February 6, 2011 at 11:29 PM

Thanks. I sing and I have a major problem with people that over-embellish the National Anthem.
If you wanna play diva-do it someplace besides the SSB.
I was to busy grousing about her ‘stylings’ that I wasn’t hearing the lyrics

annoyinglittletwerp on February 6, 2011 at 11:39 PM

Ahhh, but churchill was on those fields.

predator on February 6, 2011 at 11:32 PM

Awesome. Thanks for sharing.

churchill995 on February 6, 2011 at 11:40 PM

ted c on February 6, 2011 at 11:36 PM

My hatred of the White Su…er, Sox never went away after Selig moved the Brewers to the NL. Teh Won only intensified that hatred.

steveegg on February 6, 2011 at 11:40 PM

LOL. You won’t anytime soon – if ever – given my home team is the Mike Brown run Bengals. :-(

churchill995 on February 6, 2011 at 11:31 PM

It’s all good…

… I used to play the game. Funny how when our team, the organizations, et al, had a “win”, “we” always won.

But when “we” lost…

… It was always “you” guys suck.

Seven Percent Solution on February 6, 2011 at 11:41 PM

Overall, I was struck by the sense that the NFL is the sleaziest professional sport in America — fully embracing the worst and scummiest aspects of our sickening ghetto culture…starting with their celebration of rapist Ben Rotlessbummer and continuing with a whole series of commercials which were written by and for high school sophomores.

Jaibones on February 6, 2011 at 11:41 PM

Jaibones on February 6, 2011 at 11:38 PM

It know. They sux.
I was just having some fun with you.
I used to have a blue/white Cubs cap that was all but glued to my head. I was never without it.
Late last summer it disappeared. The joke is that it was the victim of a mercy killing.
///

annoyinglittletwerp on February 6, 2011 at 11:41 PM

Awful commercials
awful half time game

awful.

and i was so hungover.

awful.

blatantblue on February 6, 2011 at 11:42 PM

Bishop on February 6, 2011 at 11:34 PM

Try rooting for a team that doesn’t have an unconvicted rapist as a QB and you’ll probably hear a lot less.

austinnelly on February 6, 2011 at 11:42 PM

Bishop on February 6, 2011 at 11:38 PM

And I thought I was the only prude. /
Was watching it with my wife, and I commented how poor it was for some of these to be shown when the NFL, Fox, the specific advertiser, and anyone with a brain knows young children are watching. The only positive was no ED commercials for this game…unless I missed that one.

churchill995 on February 6, 2011 at 11:43 PM

Congratulations to the Packers for giving the Steelers the lesson of humility by teaching them what it is like to lose to the number 6 seed.

Two time in the last five or so years that a number 6 seed has gone onto win the Super Bowl – good job Green Bay!

SouthernRoots on February 6, 2011 at 11:43 PM

Bishop on February 6, 2011 at 11:38 PM

I have always hated that football has all those beer and boobs commercials. This year not so many beer spots as usual, but the boobs were out in force.

Then again when your kids get older you can explain, like my hubby did to our son, “You know GoDaddy has nothing going for it if they have to have half naked women shilling for them.”

Lily on February 6, 2011 at 11:44 PM

Seven Percent Solution on February 6, 2011 at 11:41 PM

The signs of a good sportsmanship and good fans. I dislike the Packers with an intensity but this year they put together a fine team and smashed their way to the top; you have to respect that.

Bishop on February 6, 2011 at 11:44 PM

Bishop on February 6, 2011 at 11:38 PM

I watched it at a church and there was much scrambling during those ads.
The pastor wasn’t thrilled with the couple on a date Pepsi max ads either.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 6, 2011 at 11:46 PM

churchill995 on February 6, 2011 at 11:43 PM

There were two of them for me, an early commercial for Lipton Brisk tea, and then late in the game with Kim Kardashian doing an ad for Pepsi. I was like “Whaaaaat?” It’s Pepsi and iced tea for Gaia’s sake, can’t they tone it down a little bit?

Bishop on February 6, 2011 at 11:48 PM

I think jeff2161 got drunk and passed out. Proves my point. Drink slow and steady and last the night.

predator on February 6, 2011 at 10:49 PM

Not yet…

Jeff2161 on February 6, 2011 at 11:48 PM

churchill995,
You’re welcome. There was Churchill and later there was Thatcher. What the hell happened to that country?
Of course the same can be said here.

predator on February 6, 2011 at 11:50 PM

predator on February 6, 2011 at 10:49 PM

Early and often works for me :-)

steveegg on February 6, 2011 at 11:50 PM

Not yet…

Jeff2161 on February 6, 2011 at 11:48 PM

OMG! You live!

predator on February 6, 2011 at 11:51 PM

I watched it at a church and there was much scrambling during those ads.
The pastor wasn’t thrilled with the couple on a date Pepsi max ads either.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 6, 2011 at 11:46 PM

That was the straw that broke the camel’s back for me, the one that I responded with that comment to my wife. Incredible. Clueless, in that Chevy honked off older people with its first Cruze commercial, and Frito Lay (owner of Pepsi) is running big risks with potential reaction to that one.

churchill995 on February 6, 2011 at 11:52 PM

austinnelly on February 6, 2011 at 11:42 PM

Eh, you’re the crybaby that was crazily denouncing every fan for watching football because you think a few bad apples spoils the bunch.

And like I said then, when Interpretive Dancing becomes a professional sport perhaps you will finally find peace.

Bishop on February 6, 2011 at 11:53 PM

Why I love the horse race game. Excitement personified.

predator on February 6, 2011 at 11:55 PM

Not yet…

Jeff2161 on February 6, 2011 at 11:48 PM

OMG! You live!

predator on February 6, 2011 at 11:51 PM

Ran out of beer and, went to the store…

Jeff2161 on February 6, 2011 at 11:57 PM

‘Pretty Woman’ is on TBS, darn she looked good.

Jeff2161 on February 7, 2011 at 12:00 AM

predator on February 6, 2011 at 11:55 PM

Horse racing is great. I was at last year’s K-Derby on the infield and won some good coin in both the big race and Oaks Day.

Bishop on February 7, 2011 at 12:01 AM

Ran out of beer and, went to the store…

Jeff2161 on February 6, 2011 at 11:57 PM

May have to do that myself. I thought I had enough for the night, but like Zenyatta, I close hard and fast.

predator on February 7, 2011 at 12:03 AM

Why I love the horse race game. Excitement personified.

predator on February 6, 2011 at 11:55 PM

I like horse races too.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 7, 2011 at 12:06 AM

Bishop on February 7, 2011 at 12:01 AM

I’m a “fan” in the fanatical sense. I have an online stable that I maintain, I go to the Blue Grass Stakes at Keeneland every year, The Arlington Million every year, went to the BC at Churchill last November and will go again this year. I’ve been to Saratoga, Santa Anita for the 2003 BC, there is nothing I would rather do than go to the track.

The horses are the consumate atheletes–speed, power, beauty, and grace of which human athletes can only dream. I’ve been on the backside, met the jockeys, trainers, et al.It is a world unto itself.

And congrats on your Derby hit last year. I cashed a $100 bet for a little over $1250 myself.

predator on February 7, 2011 at 12:09 AM

These football threads attract the nicest people.

Bishop on February 6, 2011 at 11:34 PM

It’s not just the internet. My parents cheered when the Steelers lost a player to injury.

I hate sports, but I hate sports fans more.

MadisonConservative on February 7, 2011 at 12:10 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on February 7, 2011 at 12:06 AM

Hello alt!..Good to see you!..:)

Dire Straits on February 7, 2011 at 12:12 AM

I like horse races too.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 7, 2011 at 12:06 AM

Shoot! I was betting on Beautiful Linda. But then there is also this:

predator on February 7, 2011 at 12:16 AM

predator on February 7, 2011 at 12:09 AM

Thoroughbred racing, aka, “the sport of Kings and the King of sports”.

tigerlily on February 7, 2011 at 12:19 AM

I was just having some fun with you.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 6, 2011 at 11:41 PM

Every year I start out fresh, and every year the Cubs have cured me of interest in baseball by the 4th of July. Sigh…

Jaibones on February 7, 2011 at 12:20 AM

Hello alt!..Good to see you!..:)

Dire Straits on February 7, 2011 at 12:12 AM
Greetings
Mike’s on his way to TX…and a few nights ago I got into it with another commenter that I thought I was on good terms with. It shouldn’t bother me-but it does.
Anyway-enough of that.
Mike should be in TX late tomm. or early Tuesday.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 7, 2011 at 12:21 AM

Thoroughbred racing, aka, “the sport of Kings and the King of sports”.

tigerlily on February 7, 2011 at 12:19 AM

Right you are m’lady, right you are.

predator on February 7, 2011 at 12:21 AM

Jaibones on February 7, 2011 at 12:20 AM

I know.
If we move to Texas I’ll still be a Cubs fan.
They’re addictive…like cocaine.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 7, 2011 at 12:22 AM

I hate sports, but I hate sports fans more.
MadisonConservative on February 7, 2011 at 12:10 AM

Yah, I have regular teaching moments with my kids when they say they hope a player gets hurt so their team can have an easier time. There are good winners and bad winners.

Bishop on February 7, 2011 at 12:23 AM

Shoot! I was betting on Beautiful Linda. But then there is also this:

predator on February 7, 2011 at 12:16 AM

I was betting on ‘mother-in-law’…did I mention that we live with mother-in-law?
Your clip was great.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 7, 2011 at 12:26 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on February 7, 2011 at 12:21 AM

I saw that..I left and by the time I got back it had already happened..I KNOW you are a good conservative..:)..Don’t let those posters get you down..:)

PS..When are you going to Texas on a scouting mission?..:)

Dire Straits on February 7, 2011 at 12:28 AM

predator on February 7, 2011 at 12:09 AM

I’m nowhere near a horse racing expert, but I got a tip to play the jockey rather than the horse, at least in the premier Derby race.

Calvin Borel came through for me big time.

Bishop on February 7, 2011 at 12:28 AM

Great job, Packers, and congrats Green Bay fans! I really liked the play where Matthews lowered the pads and forced Mendenhall to fumble. Was waiting for Clay to make a game-changer all night long, and he didn’t disappoint!

Christien on February 7, 2011 at 12:29 AM

I was betting on ‘mother-in-law’…did I mention that we live with mother-in-law?
Your clip was great.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 7, 2011 at 12:26 AM

Glad you enjoyed it. Naming race horse can be a tricky game. They have to be approved by The Jockey Club, and they can be strict at times, beyond the basic rules. Suggestive names are scrutinized very closely. Mike Pegram owned a horse that he named Hoo Farded. He got it by the JC by pointing out that “fard” has something to do with a french word that has to do with applying make up. I watched the race that Hoo Farded won (on video) and it was pretty funny. “it’s Hoo Farded by a nose”

predator on February 7, 2011 at 12:33 AM

Well alt,

If you weren’t just so dang annoying people wouldn’t think you were a twerp…/

Bishop,

You should come down to Oaklawn in Hot Spgs…

Gohawgs on February 7, 2011 at 12:34 AM

PS..When are you going to Texas on a scouting mission?..:)

Dire Straits on February 7, 2011 at 12:28 AM

I dunno. The crews wanted me to come down with him.
I said no because while we live with his mother we’re all adults. I have a responsibility to keep day to day things running at our end….and 2 cats alive.
If the 2 weeks go well I s’ppose I’ll need to go down to scope thing out…like a place to live.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 7, 2011 at 12:34 AM

Gohawgs on February 7, 2011 at 12:34 AM

Don’t be a H8′er.
*wink*

annoyinglittletwerp on February 7, 2011 at 12:36 AM

predator on February 7, 2011 at 12:33 AM

My husband suggested that those two particular horses might have been owned by separated/ex spouses.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 7, 2011 at 12:37 AM

Calvin Borel came through for me big time.

Bishop on February 7, 2011 at 12:28 AM

I played Super Saver because he had run well in the slop, and it was sloppy that day. Same with Paddy O’Prado. His workout videos showed that although he was a grass racer, he loved running through the sloppy main track. I threw in Ice Box at the end because he was a late closer. They benefit from a fast early pace and the Derby almost always has a brutal early pace.

Interesting fact about those horses:
Out of all of the top three finishers, only Paddy O’Prado went on to any accomplishment. Super Saver ran third in The Preakness then never saw the money again. Ice Box was a complete flop from that point forward. Only Paddy O’Prado went on to perform well (and still is) and he went back to the grass for his success.

predator on February 7, 2011 at 12:39 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on February 7, 2011 at 12:34 AM

alt..Sounds like you got a plan..Like I said earlier ..I will have your back on the message board as I know you will have mine..:)

PS..You know they have very big spiders in Texas right?..:)

Dire Straits on February 7, 2011 at 12:40 AM

predator on February 7, 2011 at 12:33 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on February 7, 2011 at 12:37 AM

Names can be entertaining in this game. There was a pretty good horse a few years back named Don’t Get Mad.
His sire?
Stephen Got Even.

predator on February 7, 2011 at 12:42 AM

PS..You know they have very big spiders in Texas right?..:)

Dire Straits on February 7, 2011 at 12:40 AM

…and flying roaches, and scorpions, and killer bees, and…

Snakes and lizards don’t bother me-but Wasps/bees make me want to hide in a closet.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 7, 2011 at 12:44 AM

Gohawgs on February 7, 2011 at 12:34 AM

I voted for Megyn Kelly fourteen times on the TownHall straw poll for POTUS 2012..I am upset they did not show my votes..:)

Dire Straits on February 7, 2011 at 12:44 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on February 7, 2011 at 12:44 AM

Tornadoes!.. Tornadoes bother me..:)

PS.. Just making sure..You are not mad at me are you?..:)

Dire Straits on February 7, 2011 at 12:46 AM

Dire Straits on February 7, 2011 at 12:44 AM

That’s what you get for using the SAME email addy…

Gohawgs on February 7, 2011 at 12:47 AM

predator on February 7, 2011 at 12:39 AM

I figured any guy that could win on a 50-1 horse was the one to choose. I got smoked on perfectas during Oaks Day, and winning small on WPS early on Derby day, so I figured what the hell why not go for it big.

Bishop on February 7, 2011 at 12:49 AM

That’s what you get for using the SAME email addy…

Gohawgs on February 7, 2011 at 12:47 AM

Thanks..I will do better next time..Just thought I would raise up that strawman?..:)

Dire Straits on February 7, 2011 at 12:50 AM

Dire Straits on February 7, 2011 at 12:50 AM

Dread not, young padawan…

Gohawgs on February 7, 2011 at 12:54 AM

Tornadoes!.. Tornadoes bother me..:)

PS.. Just making sure..You are not mad at me are you?..:)

Dire Straits on February 7, 2011 at 12:46 AM

Now why would I be mad at you?
*grin*

Btw: Tornadoes are cool.
I love storms.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 7, 2011 at 12:56 AM

Dire Straits on February 7, 2011 at 12:44 AM

I set up a FB page for one of my cats.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 7, 2011 at 12:57 AM

Dread not, young padawan…

Gohawgs on February 7, 2011 at 12:54 AM

LOL!..:)

PS..Maybe they will show my votes in the Townhall Magazine when they show the results ..:)

Dire Straits on February 7, 2011 at 12:57 AM

I love storms.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 7, 2011 at 12:56 AM

You’ll like tejas, then…Nothing to break up weather fronts so the cloud formations get BIG…

Gohawgs on February 7, 2011 at 12:59 AM

Dire Straits on February 7, 2011 at 12:57 AM

Meghan Kelly?!!

FLINK!

annoyinglittletwerp on February 7, 2011 at 1:00 AM

Dire Straits on February 7, 2011 at 12:57 AM

Or on their FB page…The emailed results didn’t mention any votes for Megyn by a youngish padawan…

Gohawgs on February 7, 2011 at 1:01 AM

alt is player hatin’ again…

Gohawgs on February 7, 2011 at 1:02 AM

I’m going to call it a night.
Promised the husband that I wouldn’t stay up too late.
Later, Peeps.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 7, 2011 at 1:03 AM

alt is player hatin’ again…

Gohawgs on February 7, 2011 at 1:02 AM

If I want to stare at a 40 year old woman I don’t need to look at MK-only at a mirror.
We’re all hawt at this age.
*smirk*

annoyinglittletwerp on February 7, 2011 at 1:05 AM

Just making sure..You are not mad at me are you?..:)

Dire Straits on February 7, 2011 at 12:46 AM

Now why would I be mad at you?
*grin*

annoyinglittletwerp on February 7, 2011 at 12:56 AM

Just making sure..Always like to check my flank..:)..I want you to keep posting on politics..Who else is going to help me?!?

ps..I do not mind tornadoes as long as I can chase them with Helen Hunt!..:)

Dire Straits on February 7, 2011 at 1:05 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on February 7, 2011 at 1:05 AM

I hear soy works…

Gohawgs on February 7, 2011 at 1:07 AM

ps..I do not mind tornadoes as long as I can chase them with Helen Hunt!..:)

Dire Straits on February 7, 2011 at 1:05 AM

She’s about as good as it gets

Gohawgs on February 7, 2011 at 1:09 AM

Gohawgs on February 7, 2011 at 1:01 AM

Just please post the results so Gary 4205 will be happy!..:)

PS..I am going to file a protest to get my votes counted!..:)

Dire Straits on February 7, 2011 at 1:10 AM

She’s about as good as it gets…

Gohawgs on February 7, 2011 at 1:09 AM

I agree..Speaking of “girl next door”..She is it!

PS..Just in case Jenfidel comes thru..GO PACKERS!..so she cannot say we are hijacking a thread!..:)

Dire Straits on February 7, 2011 at 1:12 AM

Dire Straits on February 7, 2011 at 1:10 AM

I had you pegged as either a Ronulan or Johnson man…

Gohawgs on February 7, 2011 at 1:13 AM

Bishop on February 7, 2011 at 12:49 AM

You’re right in a lot of ways. An interesting stat about Borel: He has an exceptional win percentage at Churchill on the main track. Pretty good at Oaklawn also. But on grass courses and at other tracks around the country his win rate drops dramatically. They often talk about “a horse for the course”, meaning a horse that likes running at a certain track, but there are also jocks that do better at certain tracks. Borel knows Churchill’s main track better than anyone since Pat Day. And I don’t care what anybody tells you, local jocks know the track better than the riders that ship in from out of state.

predator on February 7, 2011 at 1:14 AM

Dire Straits on February 7, 2011 at 1:12 AM

I haven’t seen her around for a couple of weeks…

Gohawgs on February 7, 2011 at 1:14 AM

I had you pegged as either a Ronulan or Johnson man…

Gohawgs on February 7, 2011 at 1:13 AM

That is just mean!..No I am undecided..:)Looking at them all except Ron Paul!..:)

Dire Straits on February 7, 2011 at 1:16 AM

I haven’t seen her around for a couple of weeks…

Gohawgs on February 7, 2011 at 1:14 AM

She will be back..:)

Dire Straits on February 7, 2011 at 1:17 AM

BTW, Bishop,
Mike Smith won at 50-1 on Giacomo four years prior to Borel’s ride on Mine That Bird.
That was a monster payout. MTB at 50-1, Closing Argument at 70-1 for second, Afleet Alex at 9-2 for third, and a horse whose name I can’t remember got fourth at 18-1. The superfecta paid over a million bucks. Sweeeeet. If you hit it.

predator on February 7, 2011 at 1:18 AM

That is just mean!..No I am undecided..:)

Dire Straits on February 7, 2011 at 1:16 AM

Ha…

Gohawgs on February 7, 2011 at 1:19 AM

Gohawgs on February 7, 2011 at 1:19 AM

I am undecided!..Too early to throw in yet with anybody..:)

Dire Straits on February 7, 2011 at 1:21 AM

Dire Straits on February 7, 2011 at 1:21 AM

I was laughing at the mean comment…I’m looking for a 2nd choice and/or a possible VP pick…

Gohawgs on February 7, 2011 at 1:25 AM

Gohawgs on February 7, 2011 at 1:25 AM

Sorry!..I agree this is going to be a hard election (2012) for the Republicans..It is going to get brutal!..:)

Dire Straits on February 7, 2011 at 1:28 AM

Dire Straits on February 7, 2011 at 1:28 AM

Yep, the socialists won’t want to give up their CONTROL and POWER over the chattering class. They’ll have their MSM minions out in full force lying about anything and everything. No one will be safe from their ridicule, only somewhat inoculated…

Gohawgs on February 7, 2011 at 1:33 AM

Who was that sitting next to Condi Rice at the SB tonite?

Gohawgs on February 7, 2011 at 1:36 AM

bratwurst, kielbasa, cheeseburgers, deep-dish pizza and Buffalo wings with sides of German potato salad, twice-baked potatoes and assorted chips and dips was the food served at the White House.

Michelle is going to be upset. “Lets move America”

F15Mech on February 7, 2011 at 1:40 AM

F15Mech on February 7, 2011 at 1:40 AM

Excellent post!..:)..Do what I say but NOT as I do!..:)

Dire Straits on February 7, 2011 at 1:43 AM

Michelle’s stomach is going to be upset. “Lets move to the next room, America”

F15Mech on February 7, 2011 at 1:40 AM

I thought an ill wind was blowing before…

Gohawgs on February 7, 2011 at 1:50 AM

Gohawgs on February 7, 2011 at 1:50 AM

LOL!..:)

Dire Straits on February 7, 2011 at 1:53 AM

*yawn* Thread is dead.BTW Ed, you are now 66-41 and 7-4.
Jest sayin’.

predator on February 7, 2011 at 1:54 AM

predator on February 7, 2011 at 1:54 AM

I will take 66-41 in the NFL any day!..:)

Dire Straits on February 7, 2011 at 1:56 AM

Gohawgs on February 7, 2011 at 1:50 AM

Please do not change my comments. I stand by my comments but when you change my quotes it throws things to hell.

F15Mech

F15Mech on February 7, 2011 at 1:57 AM

GO PACKERS!..Just in case Jenfidel is watching!..:)

Dire Straits on February 7, 2011 at 1:59 AM

F15Mech on February 7, 2011 at 1:57 AM

I meant to hi-lite my additions but hit the submit tab before finishing…I’ll try to remember not to throw things to hell

Gohawgs on February 7, 2011 at 2:01 AM

Dire Straits on February 7, 2011 at 1:59 AM

I thought the Packers brought enough cheese for the whine but, I guess not…

Gohawgs on February 7, 2011 at 2:02 AM

Gohawgs on February 7, 2011 at 2:01 AM

It is getting time for OC to show up?!?..:)

Dire Straits on February 7, 2011 at 2:02 AM