Super Bowl open thread

posted at 10:30 am on February 6, 2011 by Ed Morrissey

And so it comes down to two of the most storied franchises in the NFL, both named after working-class occupations in working-class towns.  The Green Bay Packers meet the Pittsburgh Steelers in perhaps the most impressive Super Bowl environment yet, the billion-dollar stadium that Jerry Jones built for the Dallas Cowboys.  The Packers bring three previous Super Bowl titles to the game, along with nine other league championships, but none more recent than 1996′s Super Bowl.  The Steelers bring six Super Bowl championships in seven appearances, including two in the last five years.

So far this season, I’ve gone 66-40 for regular-season picks and 7-3 in the playoffs.  This game will be tough to call for many reasons.  Obviously I’m backing the Steelers — if you’ve ever read an NFL open thread, you know that much — but I like the Packers as well.  They’ve played as tough as anyone in the last several weeks, and the Pack got to Dallas by winning three games on the road in the playoffs.  The last team to do that?  The Pittsburgh Steelers, in the 2005 season, and they won the Super Bowl.  They’re a fast team playing on turf, and their O-line is healthier than Pittsburgh’s.

But Pittsburgh has some advantages.  First, this is their third Super Bowl in six years, with 18 players having been together for all three.  They had to beat tough defenses to get here, especially the Ravens.  Green Bay beat the Bears defense to win their conference, but they haven’t seen a defense of the Steeler’s caliber in the playoffs.  Pittsburgh has a better run game and may be able to limit Aaron Rodgers’ number of opportunities through ball control, while the Steeler D should force Rodgers into passing through a superior run defense.

This should be a great game, a close game, and it may come down to the team that has the ball last.  I’m picking the Steelers to beat the Packers by a touchdown, 27-20.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 11

Alternate pic (which is going to once again be reality).

GO PACK GO!

steveegg on February 6, 2011 at 10:34 AM

GO STEELERS!!!!!!

Scott P on February 6, 2011 at 10:35 AM

Oh, and the final score will be…

The Mighty Green Bay Packers 17
Pittsburgh Steelers 13

BAKER’S DOZEN, BABY!

steveegg on February 6, 2011 at 10:35 AM

grew up a steelers fan with bradshaw, harris and swann…

gotta go with them tonight…

go steelers!

cmsinaz on February 6, 2011 at 10:36 AM

I’ll have to support the closest state to Oregon.

Go Green Bay!

portlandon on February 6, 2011 at 10:39 AM

Here I am, stuck in Libya, and no way to watch. Anyone know of any sites that are streaming it live or nearly live? It’s not on TV here at all.

Wino on February 6, 2011 at 10:41 AM

GO STEELERS!!!!

CWforFreedom on February 6, 2011 at 10:41 AM

This may be the wrong forum and the wrong time for me to express my view of the Super Bowl, but here goes.

In the grand scheme of human existence, I don’t really care who wins the Super Bowl, nor do I even think it’s important. Even the commercials don’t do anything for me.

It’s similar to my views of the Oscars. I enjoy a movie now and then, but the biggest event of the year is really kind of dull.

Eichendorff on February 6, 2011 at 10:41 AM

(which is going to once again be reality).

steveegg on February 6, 2011 at 10:34 AM

Little kids posting on HA…how cute.

CWforFreedom on February 6, 2011 at 10:42 AM

Packers are bringing the Lombardi Trophy back to Title Town!

WhoU4 on February 6, 2011 at 10:43 AM

Eichendorff then you can go watch your reruns of Desperate Housewives. Have a blast!

CWforFreedom on February 6, 2011 at 10:43 AM

Steelers 21-17

grew up a steelers fan with bradshaw, harris and swann…
gotta go with them tonight…
go steelers!

cmsinaz on February 6, 2011 at 10:36 AM

I hated those Steelers back then–I was a Houston Oilers fan– but they had a great team and do again!

cartooner on February 6, 2011 at 10:43 AM

Packers are bringing the Lombardi Trophy back to Title Town!

WhoU4 on February 6, 2011 at 10:43 AM

When was their last one?

CWforFreedom on February 6, 2011 at 10:43 AM

And those lucky enough to actually be attending the game will get to experience what is rapidly becoming the new symbol of America: THE PATDOWN!

And remember, Big Sis Says “SEE SOMETHING/SAY SOMETHING!

pilamaye on February 6, 2011 at 10:44 AM

Steeler fan since the early fifties ….. Will never change.
Pittsburgh Steelers 17, Green Bean Pickers 13 … !

HadaAbeche on February 6, 2011 at 10:45 AM

I have never watched Desperate Housewives. Your post says more about you than it does about me.

Eichendorff on February 6, 2011 at 10:45 AM

cartooner on February 6, 2011 at 10:43 AM

no worries, at least you weren’t a cowboys fan :)

cmsinaz on February 6, 2011 at 10:46 AM

Go Stillers!

Philly on February 6, 2011 at 10:46 AM

I have to work and will DVR the game. I’ve threatened my two boys with whoopin’s on a near criminal level if they so much as hint at the outcome. The little yard apes will probably call my bluff, bless their hearts…

pugwriter on February 6, 2011 at 10:46 AM

Got to go with the Packers today. I wonder how Ravens purple will look with Green and Gold?

Anyway, I agree this will be a close game. Of course, the refs better be of the same caliber as the teams. I’m just sayin’

Packers 24-20!
(Refs 0!)

JohnnyD on February 6, 2011 at 10:46 AM

Chicago and other good D’s held green bay in check all year. The steelers Offense is far better than Chicago’s Offense, and the Steelers Defense is far better than Chicago’s as well.

Final Score, Pittsburgh 24, Green Bay 14.

MadDogF on February 6, 2011 at 10:48 AM

Karma
Big Ben’s vs Brett Favre. Junk contest.

Wade on February 6, 2011 at 10:49 AM

Any truth to the rumor that Director of National Intelligence James Clapper is picking the Baltimore Colts over the New York Jets, strictly because he’s a big Johnny Unitas fan?

pilamaye on February 6, 2011 at 10:49 AM

I am required by law to pull for The Steelers if the Cowboys aren’t playing.

hawkdriver on February 6, 2011 at 10:49 AM

The Officiating crew for this game is known to be real touchy feely about WR’s and down teh field contact, expect both teams to have several Pass Interference, and defensive holding calls down the field.

MadDogF on February 6, 2011 at 10:49 AM

**************The Bears**************************

Oh sh*t,wrong team,never mind!

canopfor on February 6, 2011 at 10:50 AM

(which is going to once again be reality).

steveegg on February 6, 2011 at 10:34 AM

Little kids posting on HA…how cute.

CWforFreedom on February 6, 2011 at 10:42 AM

Spoken by an expert on the subject! You really need to drink some more coffee.

BTW, after the game is over I’ll file my final report on what I found in my New England Patriots “Spygate” investigation, based on a series of chats I had with one of the Boston newspaper reporters who worked on the stories. It’s rather anticlimactic so prepare to be disappointed.

But suffice to say that I discovered that a lot of what the NFL did (and didn’t) do in this matter was under reported, misreported, or not reported at all in the national sports media.

Back after the game…Go Pack!

Del Dolemonte on February 6, 2011 at 10:50 AM

Knock, knock, knockin’ on Seven’s door. Steelers by a field goal, 30-27.

TXUS on February 6, 2011 at 10:50 AM

I think the Steelers will win. I predict the score will be 33-24.

SoulGlo on February 6, 2011 at 10:51 AM

a little mood music for the steelers fan out there

cmsinaz on February 6, 2011 at 10:49 AM

I might never be able to listen to any other form of music again.

hawkdriver on February 6, 2011 at 10:52 AM

2 things concern me about this game a a Steeler fan.

Sean Suisam has a history of missing big kicks.

The Packers defensive coordinator worked for the Steelers between Lebeau’s two stints and coaches the same style. Their offense should be used to playing passing against it.

But I think Rodgers will have to play nearly perfectly for the Packers to win the game since they will probably have a 70-30 pass/run ratio. He’ll probably look great at times, but sooner or later, the big disasters will occur, so the Steelers will win – probably with fewer yards in offense.

forest on February 6, 2011 at 10:52 AM

grew up a steelers fan with bradshaw, harris and swann…

gotta go with them tonight…

go steelers!

cmsinaz on February 6, 2011 at 10:36 AM

Lucky you. I grew up a St. Louis Cardinal fan. Great offensive line talent like Conrad Dobler, Dan Deirdorf, Bob Young, and Jackie Smith, but never could put together a real defense.

pugwriter on February 6, 2011 at 10:52 AM

31-14 Pack. Luck runs out on the Steelers and the fold like origami. Ben sacked 6 times.

Congrats Prime, Shannon Sharpe , Marshal Faulk, Richard Dent, Chris Hanburger and Les Richter, and Ed Sabol on your election to the HoF.

BKeyser on February 6, 2011 at 10:53 AM

When was their last one?

CWforFreedom on February 6, 2011 at 10:43 AM

Hmmmm… Wondering what the past has to do with today?

WhoU4 on February 6, 2011 at 10:53 AM

a little mood music for the steelers fan out there

cmsinaz on February 6, 2011 at 10:49 AM

cmsinaz:That was a hoot……thank-you:)

canopfor on February 6, 2011 at 10:53 AM

I might never be able to listen to any other form of music again.

hawkdriver on February 6, 2011 at 10:52 AM

cmsinaz on February 6, 2011 at 10:54 AM

Little kids posting on HA…how cute.

CWforFreedom on February 6, 2011 at 10:42 AM

Stop looking in the mirror then.

steveegg on February 6, 2011 at 10:54 AM

2 things concern me about this game a a Steeler fan.

Sean Suisam has a history of missing big kicks.

forest on February 6, 2011 at 10:52 AM

If ever the “special teams are the key” cliche were true, this is the game.

pugwriter on February 6, 2011 at 10:55 AM

I am required by law to pull for The Steelers if the Cowboys aren’t playing.

hawkdriver on February 6, 2011 at 10:49 AM

You must have missed the repeal of that law, and its replacement by one requiring fans of the other 27 teams not in the NFC North to root for America’s Team, the Green Bay Packers.

steveegg on February 6, 2011 at 10:56 AM

I’m rooting for Green Bay, in order to complete Brett Favre’s annis horribilis, since the aging, primadona QB spent his last four seasons in Green Bay steadfastly refusing to mentor Aaron Rodgers on iota in hopes of becoming to Green Bay the quarterback version what Hosni Mubarak wanted to be to Egypt or what Castro has been to Cuba for the past 52 years. With the Packers making it to the Super Bowl, the Jets almost making it, and Brett’s original team, Atlanta, having the best regular season record in the NFC – not to mention Jen and the cell phone shots and the Vikings plague of bizarre incidents – it’s almost like Favre’s sold his soul to the devil for the 2009 season, and payback started with the interception against New Orleans and has yet to end.

That said, the difference is probably going to be that Green Bay won’t be able to run on Pittsburgh, and the Steelers will be able to run on the Packers, meaning the pressure is going to be on Rogers to have a monster day much more than it is on Rothlesburger – Pittsburgh 31, Green Bay 20.

jon1979 on February 6, 2011 at 10:57 AM

pugwriter on February 6, 2011 at 10:52 AM

i hear ya…my dad is from the pittsburgh area so it was a given

i watch the cards up close and personal these days, talk about a tough super bowl to watch, let me tell you….

cmsinaz on February 6, 2011 at 10:57 AM

cmsinaz:That was a hoot……thank-you:)

canopfor on February 6, 2011 at 10:53 AM

you are welcome :)

cmsinaz on February 6, 2011 at 10:58 AM

Eichendorff on February 6, 2011 at 10:45 AM

I See I struck a nerve. Weird for someone who doesn’t care for the Super Bowl to hang around this thread. Lame post by the way. Ok soccer reruns?

———————————————————-

Del Dolemonte on February 6, 2011 at 10:50 AM

Who brought up spygate? So sensitive.Unfortunately for you and Pats the * will liver forever. The destroying of the tapes only cements the questions in peoples’ minds. How many SB trophies since they were outed?

BTW good to see you are a Packer fan now. Bandwagon jump much?

CWforFreedom on February 6, 2011 at 10:58 AM

Not playing favorites since the Seahawks answered the “Who Dat?” question.

But waking up this morning, my gut tells me:

1. It’s Aaron Rodgers’ time.

2. He’ll have a breakout game and beat the Steelers by two TDs.

cane_loader on February 6, 2011 at 11:01 AM

I wonder if J-Lo will sit a little too close to the President at the White House superbowl party, and Michelle will rip her arm off?

Also, what do you think the White House Superbowl Party Snacks will be?

Veggies with Fat Free Soy Ranch dressing?
Tofu cubes infused with Buffalo Wing sauce?
Salt Free Gluten-Free Wheat pretzels?
Arugula Dip?

portlandon on February 6, 2011 at 11:02 AM

Stop looking in the mirror then.

steveegg on February 6, 2011 at 10:54 AM

funny same talk I hear from the neighbors kids. Don’t dig yourself in that hole any deeper.

CWforFreedom on February 6, 2011 at 11:02 AM

First off, the Packers deserve much credit for beating the Bears, thus saving the tax payers tens of millions by keeping the moron in chief away from the stadium. This game should be about the Packers and Steelers, not about Obama.

My heart wants the Packers to win this game, but my gut tells me the Steelers will once again find a way to win.

I’m going with the Steelers… Should be a very physical game played by two of the best franchises in the business.

Keemo on February 6, 2011 at 11:03 AM

Also, what do you think the White House Superbowl Party Snacks will be?

Veggies with Fat Free Soy Ranch dressing?
Tofu cubes infused with Buffalo Wing sauce?
Salt Free Gluten-Free Wheat pretzels?
Arugula Dip?

portlandon on February 6, 2011 at 11:02 AM

Is it sexist to say I’d vote for J-Lo for prez just cuz I want to watch her walking up the steps to Air Force One? Hawt!! Sorry…back to the game discussion…

pugwriter on February 6, 2011 at 11:06 AM

I just read through the long list of picks at ESPN, which are evenly split.

Everyone who is picking the Packers is banking of Aaron Rodgers and the indoor field.

The Steelers advocates are talking about everything from the defense, to experience, to Roethlisberger to the running game.

Gotta think the Steelers have more ways to win this thing, but Suisam still gives me heartburn.

forest on February 6, 2011 at 11:06 AM

…then you can go watch your reruns of Desperate Housewives. Have a blast!

CWforFreedom on February 6, 2011 at 10:43 AM

Puppy Bowl!

Fallon on February 6, 2011 at 11:07 AM

Eichendorff on February 6, 2011 at 10:41 AM

You are not alone, my friend. Even though I like football, alot, I find the SB to be “…Less filling!” to borrow a phase. The hype, to sum up all the extraneous stuff that goes along with this event, turns me off. I haven’t watched a complete SB since SB III (Yes, I am a Jets fan). I have other plans for today since I am not a fan of either of this years teams.

JimP on February 6, 2011 at 11:07 AM

Wino on February 6, 2011 at 10:41 AM

i wonder if nfl.com is streaming it?

cmsinaz on February 6, 2011 at 11:08 AM

forest on February 6, 2011 at 10:52 AM

Mr. Rodgers allow me to introduce you to Mr. Polamalu.

Jeff on February 6, 2011 at 11:10 AM

steveegg on February 6, 2011 at 10:56 AM

I’m going to have to be an outlaw then and pull for the Steelers originally being from PA and all.

Where is Jelly Toast?

hawkdriver on February 6, 2011 at 11:10 AM

football is incredibly stupid and homoerotic.

no sarcasm.

Inanemergencydial on February 6, 2011 at 11:12 AM

Goodell being interviewed on Fox News Sunday rightnow. Chris showed a clip of James Harrison mocking Goodell on the hits to head issue. Harrison comes off as a dumb sh*t who has no concept of what the rule is trying it accomplish. I give him a thumbs down.

a capella on February 6, 2011 at 11:13 AM

forest on February 6, 2011 at 11:06 AM

Agree. Sushi likely will not attempt anything today over 40 yards. The national media is not giving the Steelers passing game much respect. You can tell they have not paid much attention to the Steelers young receivers.

CWforFreedom on February 6, 2011 at 11:14 AM

I don’t care that much about the SuperBowl, but it would bother me a little if the Steelers won in Dallas’s first SuperBowl, if only for the memory of Tom Landry.

txmomof6 on February 6, 2011 at 11:14 AM

If the Steelers win, then God is dead. I’m just sayin’…

WordsMatter on February 6, 2011 at 11:16 AM

“They’ve played as tough as anyone in the last several weeks, and the Pack got to Dallas by winning three games on the road in the playoffs. The last team to do that? The Pittsburgh Steelers, in the 2005 season…”

What about the 2007 Giants?

stevieray on February 6, 2011 at 11:17 AM

i wonder if nfl.com is streaming it?

cmsinaz on February 6, 2011 at 11:08 AM

cmsinaz:Why yes…..yes it is!!:)
==========================================================

Streaming live Green Bay Packers vs Pittsburgh Steelers 6 Feb, 2011

canopfor on February 6, 2011 at 11:17 AM

Also, what do you think the White House Superbowl Party Snacks will be?

Veggies with Fat Free Soy Ranch dressing?
Tofu cubes infused with Buffalo Wing sauce?
Salt Free Gluten-Free Wheat pretzels?
Arugula Dip?

portlandon on February 6, 2011 at 11:02 AM

Actually, if it’s on our dime, I would expect lobster and Kobe beef. It’s good to be the king.

chewmeister on February 6, 2011 at 11:18 AM

Don’t have a clue,as to who I should root for,

any ideas would be helpful!

canopfor on February 6, 2011 at 11:19 AM

canopfor on February 6, 2011 at 11:17 AM

cool beans…Wino you should be good to go!

cmsinaz on February 6, 2011 at 11:19 AM

The national media is not giving the Steelers passing game much respect.

I guess they never heard of Hines Ward.

Jeff on February 6, 2011 at 11:22 AM

Ronald Reagan coin toss,inside the WH,Super Bowl Game #19
==========================================================
(Video-15:02 in length)

Found Objects – Ronald Reagan

ABC News,Bob McKay,Tom Landry,O.J Simpson
******************************************

canopfor on February 6, 2011 at 11:25 AM

jon1979 on February 6, 2011 at 10:57 AM

Think maybe it will be the other way around. The Steelers star center is out, and their secondary is nicked up. With the game being played on turf, the Pack receivers will have the advantage. The Pack’s defense has played outstanding and their running game has improved. I would expect to see Big Ben on his rear at least 4 or 5 times.

chewmeister on February 6, 2011 at 11:27 AM

Nothing on Ronald Reagan?

I guess the Bush Wing of the GOP isn’t celebrating his 100th.

bw222 on February 6, 2011 at 11:32 AM

I hope Rape-lis-bugger gets his third ring. OJ Simpson and Kobe Bryant need a white counterpart.

abobo on February 6, 2011 at 11:32 AM

canopfor on February 6, 2011 at 11:17 AM
=======================
cool beans…Wino you should be good to go!

cmsinaz on February 6, 2011 at 11:19 AM

cmsinaz:)

canopfor on February 6, 2011 at 11:33 AM

What about the 2007 Giants?

stevieray on February 6, 2011 at 11:17 AM

I prefer to forget that season (though the end result is one I would like to see repeated).

steveegg on February 6, 2011 at 11:33 AM

I would expect to see Big Ben on his rear at least 4 or 5 times.

chewmeister on February 6, 2011 at 11:27 AM

No doubt, but that’s normal. Steelers give up 4,5,6 sacks but win anyway pretty regularly.

forest on February 6, 2011 at 11:33 AM

CWforFreedom on February 6, 2011 at 10:43 AM

Wouldn’t Heidi be more appropriate?

Rovin on February 6, 2011 at 11:35 AM

Heres an interlude between comment postings!
=============================================

Bill Maher To Egyptian Guest: “This Isn’t Fox News, This Is Reality”
Feb 6 2011
***********

Eltahawy exclaimed the nationwide protest in Egypt was the happiest moment of her life, arguing “President Mubarak is our Berlin Wall . . . if we can get our Berlin Wall to fall – and we will, I’m confident we will – you imagine the freedom fever that will spread across the region.” What Egyptians with “freedom fever” might do next was Maher’s concern, and the interview got a little testy when Maher brought up some facts. According to a Pew study Maher cited, a majority of Egyptians support stoning as punishment for adultery, the death penalty for Muslims leaving the religion, and were in favor of Sharia Law, and Maher wondered if this might pose a problem in the future.

When Eltahawy clearly did not want to discuss those issues and kept repeating that Egyptians just want freedom, Maher insisted she address the reality of his question, to which the following exchange took place:
———————————-

Eltahawy: “I didn’t think we were going to get into Fox News kind of sparring matches that quick, but hey you want to go head-to-head, I will.”
Maher: “This is not Fox News, this is reality.”
==============

canopfor on February 6, 2011 at 11:35 AM

I am off to church but will offer this one last bet. I bet it’s going to be a heckava game played by two great teams.

Go Steelers!

hawkdriver on February 6, 2011 at 11:36 AM

chewmeister on February 6, 2011 at 11:27 AM

Agreed. Green Bay hasn’t had a run game all year, so their passing game is locked in. Pittsburgh secondary has been suspect all year and Troy has been hurt. I suspect he’ll be healthier today than he has been in a while, but that’ll likely just lead him to taking more chances- which he’s been wrong more often than right this year. Anyone who watches him closely will see he gets beat a lot when he decides to run blitze.

Add to that Pittsburgh’s O-line has been poor all year and now their one young talent is on IR. I said earlier, Ben sacked 6 times. Matthews eats him up. Pitt doesn’t get 50 yards on the ground.

BKeyser on February 6, 2011 at 11:39 AM

Eichendorff on February 6, 2011 at 10:41 AM

Finally someone else with the same views on this as me.

long_cat on February 6, 2011 at 11:39 AM

Steelers 49 – Opponent 3

Bishop on February 6, 2011 at 11:39 AM

Eichendorff on February 6, 2011 at 10:45 AM

Go away!

GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ladyingray on February 6, 2011 at 11:42 AM

Go Steelers!

hawkdriver on February 6, 2011 at 11:36 AM

hawkdriver:Since I live in a Steel Plant town,I’ll root,
for your Team Hawk:)

canopfor on February 6, 2011 at 11:42 AM

It’s called the Lombardi Trophy for a reason, which is why it will go to Green Bay. Despite both teams having explosive offenses, both teams rank high in defensive categories. Final score…..Packers 20, Steelers 16

Then there’s the “unknown factor”, where one player, (or one missing), from either team rises above their “normal duties” and plays over his head—virtually effecting the final score. Certainly Troy Polamalu could wreck havoc on Rogers and the GB offense. Pitt, missing their pro-bowl center Maurkice Pouncey could loom large. Big Ben could also easily rise to the stardom he’s done in the past and change the tides of the game with one heroic pass or run. Aaron Rodgers could throw out the Superbowl record books with his arm and his receivers, (if the Pitt defense falters), but Steve Young’s six TD’s will be tough to top. So many “coulds” “ifs” and “maybes” in this game between two of the best that deserve to be here.

Lombardi himself put the game in perspective: “Football is blocking and tackling. Everything else is mythology.”

Rovin on February 6, 2011 at 11:43 AM

Wouldn’t Heidi be more appropriate?

Rovin on February 6, 2011 at 11:35 AM

PS The Heidi Bowl ROCKed!

(Yodels)

hawkdriver on February 6, 2011 at 11:43 AM

Eichendorff on February 6, 2011 at 10:41 AM
Finally someone else with the same views on this as me.
long_cat on February 6, 2011 at 11:39 AM

Oh there are plenty like you out there, in fact you can even join the Army now.

Bishop on February 6, 2011 at 11:45 AM

Score
**********

Steelers…..28

Packers……19
==================
2011 Super Bowl Betting Preview

canopfor on February 6, 2011 at 11:46 AM

Best friend is from the ‘burg so I gotta go wid da Steelers.

(by three points)

Crusader Rabbit on February 6, 2011 at 11:48 AM

Time of start,other various Live Streaming websites!

The kick off time of the Super Bowl XLV 2011 is set to be at 6:30 pm ET or 5:25 pm CST on NFL and Fox. Don’t forget to tune in early. Super Bowl XLV 2011 times for various U.S. Time Zones are listed below:
=================================

6:00 p.m. Eastern Time
5:00 p.m. Central Time
4:00 p.m. Mountain Time
3:00 p.m. Pacific Time
———————–

On CBS Sports at this link: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/superbowl

This year you will get NFL on Fox, which is going to provide live coverage of the game. Super Bowl XLV : 6th Feb on Fox at:

============

canopfor on February 6, 2011 at 11:54 AM

Green Bay 37, Pittsburgh 28. At least one defensive touchdown for the Packers, too.

Mr. D on February 6, 2011 at 11:55 AM

Drink Up YINZ Bitches!!!

heckrules on February 6, 2011 at 11:56 AM

heckrules on February 6, 2011 at 11:57 AM

Fuhget the game….BRING ON THE REAGAN TRIBUTE and the Commercials (boycotting the Wrecking Balls’ sit-down with O’Reilly)!!!

PappyD61 on February 6, 2011 at 11:59 AM

long_cat on February 6, 2011 at 11:39 AM

We’ve never been all that into football at our house, but I must say there’s something fun about turning on the last half hour, seeing who’s behind, and then cheering like crazy for them to win. :)

sisterchristian on February 6, 2011 at 12:00 PM

Puppy Bowl!

Fallon on February 6, 2011 at 11:07 AM

Yes! Can’t wait for Puppy Bowl VII.

rbj on February 6, 2011 at 12:03 PM

heckrules on February 6, 2011 at 11:57 AM

heckrules:That was Good!:)
============================

Drink Up Yinz Bitches! (Super Bowl XLV Version)

canopfor on February 6, 2011 at 12:04 PM

Commerce clause!!!!

Chuck Schick on February 6, 2011 at 12:09 PM

Fuhget the game….BRING ON THE REAGAN TRIBUTE

PappyD61 on February 6, 2011 at 11:59 AM

PappyD61:I have tried:)
========================

Blast from Da Past!
****************************

Super Bowl #19

President Ronald Reagan Coin Toss!

Tom Landry O.J.Simpson,Bob McKay.(Video-15:02)
———————————-

Harry Shearer: Found Objects – Ronald Reagan

canopfor on February 6, 2011 at 6:31 AM

canopfor on February 6, 2011 at 12:11 PM

Yes, but the Packers are entitled to the win by virtue of the leveled playing field that was brought forth by Gov’t regulations. Didn’t anyone read the Obamacare Bill?
OK, I just had to say it….. :)

DL13 on February 6, 2011 at 12:15 PM

Packers in a close one…

Khun Joe on February 6, 2011 at 12:17 PM

As the Steelers are using the fact they’ll get to go to DC to meet Obamalaise as motivation…

GO PACK…