Yawn: Bush’s daughter endorses gay marriage

posted at 10:14 pm on January 31, 2011 by Allahpundit

This is biggish news in the Times and on Twitter, for reasons that utterly escape me. How can it still qualify as newsworthy that a Republican — actually, we don’t know if she’s a Republican — backs gay marriage when Dick Cheney is on record as being in favor? That’s as high as you can get on the political food chain short of Bush pere or fils. Laura Bush is also on record as supporting gay marriage, and another would-be Republican First Lady went so far as to cut an ad in support of repealing DADT. And we all know about Ted Olson, Bush’s solicitor general. In fact, although he supported a constitutional marriage amendment, even Dubya wasn’t a passionate opponent of gays:

In discussing a meeting he had with Texas evangelist and one-time Southern Baptist leader James Robison, for example, Bush reportedly confided in Wead, “I think he wants me to attack homosexuals.” But, the future president said, he told Robison: “‘Look, James, I got to tell you two things right off the bat. One, I’m not going to kick gays, because I’m a sinner. How can I differentiate sin?’”

Bush also expresses concern over an aide’s report from a Christian Coalition meeting, according to the Times article. Reading from the report, he told Wead, “‘This crowd uses gays as the enemy. It’s hard to distinguish between fear of the homosexual political agenda and fear of homosexuality, however.’”

“This is an issue I have been trying to downplay,” Bush continued. “I think it is bad for Republicans to be kicking gays.”

Barbara’s not even an outlier for her age group: Among the 30 or under demographic, support for gay marriage is almost 60 percent. How many more prominent Republicans — Steve Schmidt, Ken Mehlman, etc etc — have to back marriage equality before the “conservative backs marriage equality” storyline isn’t much of a story anymore?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

I like a chick with a smoky voice….

adamsmith on February 1, 2011 at 1:03 PM

Sad. But then Pres Bush still says it’s a sin. Confused people.

Rose on February 1, 2011 at 1:11 PM

MadisonConservative on February 1, 2011 at 12:08 PM

Aw.

Akzed on February 1, 2011 at 1:12 PM

What, did she get pulled over for a DUI and now has to do PSAs for pennance?

Scherzophrenic on February 1, 2011 at 1:18 PM

Didnt the left portray the daughters as air headed drunks? Now not so much?

Greed on February 1, 2011 at 1:20 PM

JannyMae on February 1, 2011 at 1:00 PM

Well said and I agree. It’s all about forcing acceptance of a “lifestyle” choice on the majority of Americans who view it as aberrant. If we disagree, then ‘MC’ and ‘ThePrez’ get all wee weed up and call us “a-holes” and “douchebags”. LOL

It’s time we forced rural cultural norms on NYC and other places. Knock down those towers. Milk the cows. Slop the hogs. Yeah slopping hogs is a perfect lifestyle choice to force on NYC. I want my hog farm on the upper west side. Soooeee! Don’t be hatin’. It’s my right.

JimP on February 1, 2011 at 1:21 PM

I’d hit it.

spec_ops_mateo on February 1, 2011 at 1:21 PM

Ahh, the perfect opportunity for Hot Airheads to combine their congenital misogyny with trying to distance themselves from “yesterday’s” Republicans. I guess that’s why a news story rated “zzzz” by AllahP now has 222 comments.

bifidis on February 1, 2011 at 1:23 PM

bifidis on February 1, 2011 at 1:23 PM

Please. Most of the comments are “She’s hot”, “I’d hit that”, or “why is her head tilted”, so it really is a zzz.

DFCtomm on February 1, 2011 at 1:28 PM

Ahh, the perfect opportunity for Hot Airheads to combine their congenital misogyny with trying to distance themselves from “yesterday’s” Republicans. bifidis on February 1, 2011 at 1:23 PM

More brainy reasoning from Hot Air. Gawd. Please, make the stupidity stop. bifidis on February 1, 2011 at 1:18 PM

You just hang around us so you can feel more smarter, right?

Akzed on February 1, 2011 at 1:31 PM

Last time I checked…

… homosexuals are allowed to enter into “civil unions” which carry the same legal weight of a “marriage” between a man and a woman.

Why are we still talking about this…

… other than to notice how haaawwwt Barbara is?

Seven Percent Solution on January 31, 2011 at 11:31 PM

Because it has less to do with marriage than shoving their lifestyle down the throat of people who disagree with the lifestyle. Mainly the church.

Greed on February 1, 2011 at 1:33 PM

The only opinion that matters to me is God’s. Last time I checked Jesus defined marriage as between a man and a woman. I’m sure Gid will let us know if he changes that.

If Palin ever comes out and supports gay marriage she would lose my support. I don’t believe Sarah has ever or would ever support any policy which goes against the very explicit word of God.

This doesn’t mean physically attack homosexuals or deny them a job etc… It means you never encourage anyone to engage in behavior that God clearly states will lead to their condemnation. He very clearly has stated he wants all to prosper and none to perish.

CCRWM on February 1, 2011 at 1:44 PM

You just hang around us so you can feel more smarter, right?

Akzed on February 1, 2011 at 1:31 PMFar from it. I come here to burn off excess brain cells. And Hot Air is a lot cheaper than huffing glue.

bifidis on February 1, 2011 at 1:45 PM

They have gay pride parades. Where are the heterosexual pride parades? You know, so guys and girls can get half naked, make out and gyrate against the opposite sex on some type of float. I fully support the right for heteros to have heterosexual pride parades. No more discrimination!

Greed on February 1, 2011 at 1:50 PM

Madison Conservative:

“I’ll leave you and the rest to continue “debating” an inoffensive short ad by the daughter of our former president by smearing her personal attributes, rather than the issue she addressed civilly without the attitude that some dimly transferred to her from Meghan McCain.

MadisonConservative on February 1, 2011 at 12:08 PM

As for the homosexual issue, I agree 100% with JannyMae!

Is that a dim transfer? I hope not.

tomshup on February 1, 2011 at 1:54 PM

I’m sure that her parents agree with her. As another has posted here, I also would no longer support Sarah if she came out for gay marriage. I won’t vote for anyone who supports it.

Rose on February 1, 2011 at 1:59 PM

tomshup on February 1, 2011 at 1:54 PM

So does that count for Michael Reagan? Rand Paul?

Oh, and the “especially under 30 group” comment is marvelous. Glad to see you want young people to shut up, regardless of their opinions. Or, wait…is it okay for them to talk if they agree with you?

F**king sickening. I guess this is really out of date. “Shut up” is now the tool of tools on both sides.

MadisonConservative on February 1, 2011 at 2:01 PM

Is there a limit to the number of links you can put in a post? Do comments with links go into moderation? I’m just wondering if my reply will show up later, or if I should post without links.

pannw on February 1, 2011 at 2:08 PM

I come here to burn off excess brain cells.

Well take it easy cause it looks like you may be in short supply.

And Hot Air is a lot cheaper than huffing glue. bifidis on February 1, 2011 at 1:45 PM

Try Carbona.

Akzed on February 1, 2011 at 2:16 PM

MadisonF**kingConservative on F**kuary 1, 2011 at 2:01 PM

Akzed on February 1, 2011 at 2:17 PM

bifidis on February 1, 2011 at 1:45 PM

Be careful olde friend! It seems you have lost the capacity to cognitively realize the ‘quote’ function.

Spending any more time here burning off brain cells may result in loss of involuntary biological functions as well.

We need you!

Inanemergencydial on February 1, 2011 at 2:18 PM

tomshup on February 1, 2011 at 1:54 PM

Unless they agree with you of course. Then it’s all fine and good when they campaign for their parents.

Esthier on February 1, 2011 at 2:21 PM

Dimly transferred? Let me spell it out for you. The offspring of Presidents and any politician, especially the under 30 group, should keep their opinions to themselves out of a sense of respect for their families. I included the childish Ronnie,much older than 30, because he is so dimwitted and disloyal to a decent father and mother. Of course Meghan McCain is the daughter of a past President-wannabe, so I guess you could technically cry, foul! Except John is a politician. However, the behavior of these spoiled brats of politicos, President or no, is what is so irksome. – tomshup on February 1, 2011 at 1:54 PM

Barbara turns 30 this year and has every right to express her views, as do you and I………and, even Akzed. Just be thankful we don’t live in an Arab dictatorship, where you have to take to the streets in order to really change the government.

SC.Charlie on February 1, 2011 at 2:31 PM

With all the BS she and her sister had to put up with while their father was president, she’s more than earned this. I just don’t get why she’d come out in favor of a leftist issue first, considering all the help they’ve been to her. – Esthier on February 1, 2011 at 2:21 PM

I agree.

SC.Charlie on February 1, 2011 at 2:33 PM

The Gold Standard of Reasoned Discourse!

MadisonConservative on February 1, 2011 at 2:01 PM

Go f**k yourself, you lying douchebag. I never once said that this Gawker thing mattered. I said the opposite. MadisonConservative on October 29, 2010 at 12:21 AM

Palin: [shoots Murkowski in the shoulder, Murkowski screams] Does he look … like … a b***h?!
Murkowski: [in pain] No-o!
Palin: Then why’d you try to f**k him like a b***h, Murkowski?
Murkowski: [faintly] I didn’t!
Palin: Yes, you did! Yes, you did, Murkowski! You tried to f**k him. But Joe Miller don’t like to be f**ked by anybody except Mrs. Miller. You read the Bible, Murkowski?
posted at 12:03 am on September 18, 2010 by MadisonConservative

Hawkdriver and Ladyingray are anything but passive-aggressive, and anything but abusive. You’re way the f**k off, pal. MadisonConservative on December 31, 2010 at 7:03 PM

Akzed on February 1, 2011 at 2:35 PM

The Gold Standard of Reasoned Discourse!

Akzed on February 1, 2011 at 2:35 PM

F**kin’ A.

MadisonConservative on February 1, 2011 at 2:39 PM

I tease… because I love.

Akzed on February 1, 2011 at 2:40 PM

JimP on February 1, 2011 at 1:21 PM

That’s a good idea, Jim. Ok, so slopping hogs may be a stretch, but something like that idea might make some of the regular folks who support homosexual marriage out of thought conditioning wake up and say, “This isn’t right. Hey, this is exactly what the homosexual activists are trying to do!”

Sterling Holobyte on February 1, 2011 at 2:42 PM

I tease… because I love.

Akzed on February 1, 2011 at 2:40 PM

GAYYYYYYYYYYYY

MadisonConservative on February 1, 2011 at 2:50 PM

Yes, I know, you say that the guys on these shows went out with women and the girls went out with guys, but the premise is there, and the breakdown of the family is there, and the idea of “alternative lifestyles” is there, and all from a light-hearted sitcom cover. Am I coming through loud and clear here? They have been brainwashing us for decades now. Time to wake up. – Sterling Holobyte on February 1, 2011 at 2:42 PM

You forgot about Teletubbies, Batman and Robin, Oliver and Hardy, The Lone Ranger and Tonto, The Little Rascals, etc. You are way off base. No one is been trying to brainwash you. Perhaps we need to outlaw birth control pills, condoms and every other type of birth control………and, abortion. Personally, I don’t think that abortion should be used as a means of birth control, but that is what is happening.

SC.Charlie on February 1, 2011 at 3:06 PM

Okay, apparently the links have blocked my post. Trying again…

But why does it have to be “different”? And not for nothing, but you won’t be “forced” (I mean, really…”forced”?) to call a marriage between Jack and Steve anything you don’t want to. Don’t know why it would be so difficult for you to do…
JetBoy on February 1, 2011 at 8:53 AM

It would be difficult because some of us refuse to consent to sin. And not really forced? Really? It may not be here yet, but…oh wait…

So, when you say “really forced“, you mean we won’t be executed for not doing it, but just our livelihoods and freedom will be jeopardized, and you are okay with that. Wow.

The Romans made Christianity their official state religion in the last stage of their Empire. They flourished for centuries with plenty of debauchery. The US could lose its dominant position due to financial mismanagement, not due to gay people being gay.
dedalus on February 1, 2011 at 12:52 PM

Great! My children and their children… might have centuries of living with all this debauchery. Awesome. And here I was worried. /s

And to be clear, I take Romans very seriously, and so don’t believe that homosexuals being homosexual is the cause of our demise, but a result and symptom of all the other evil we have embraced, namely abortion, letting them force God out of the public arena/schools, allowing the entertainment industry to push sex on our youth, etc…

For this cause God delivered them up to shameful affections.

And I didn’t say it would be tomorrow, but I think we are seeing what Paul warned about. I don’t know how long we’ll be allowed to continue in our debauchery, but I can’t help but think that our situation is different to the Romans in that we were ‘founded’ with Christian principles and have now rejected them. The Romans obviously never quite took hold of them, even if they did claim Christianity, (much like many do, but thier fruits show they aren’t) and so perhaps His patience with them was greater, since they had so much they had to unlearn than it might be for us, who should know better. I just really doubt that we have centuries left, but obviously, that is up to God.

pannw on February 1, 2011 at 3:13 PM

Akzed, give Madison(f*cking)Conservative a break.

They were all out of Summers Eve at the drugstore and he’s not feeling very ‘fresh’ IYNWIMAITTYD

jcw46 on February 1, 2011 at 3:14 PM

The media is making this more of a daughter vs dad thing than it really is. Idiots.

jediwebdude on February 1, 2011 at 3:17 PM

Oliver and Hardy

SC.Charlie on February 1, 2011 at 3:06 PM

Laurel and Hardy.

MadisonConservative on February 1, 2011 at 3:25 PM

I’m .      creating  .
nits  .   .  . for madison(f**king)Conservative
to   .   .   pick.

jcw46 on February 1, 2011 at 3:28 PM

Sterling Holobyte on February 1, 2011 at 2:42 PM

Sorry Sterling but I couldn’t make heads or tails out of your post. No pun intended. Can you break it down into language that a heterosexual hog slopper can understand? Thanks.

JimP on February 1, 2011 at 3:34 PM

jcw46 on February 1, 2011 at 3:28 PM

Tell us again how important maturity is to you.

MadisonConservative on February 1, 2011 at 3:37 PM

I come here to burn off excess brain cells …

bifidis on February 1, 2011 at 1:45 PM

Well, as long as you’re not using them …

manwithblackhat on February 1, 2011 at 3:39 PM

Laurel and Hardy. – MadisonConservative on February 1, 2011 at 3:25 PM

Thanks for the correction. I should have, also, included Martin and Lewis. One of the greatest comedy teams of all time.
We have been trying to brainwash everyone for a long, long time./sarc

SC.Charlie on February 1, 2011 at 3:39 PM

Madison Conservative – I agree with you, even though I may not entirely agree with you. You are as always, a voice of reason. Also, thank you for posting the Andrew Klavan. : ))

Angry Dumbo on February 1, 2011 at 3:43 PM

Sad that people like Barbara won’t be able to see the consequences of ideas like this until they do their damage. (maybe not even then)

Those of us who stand for families are going to need to be strong in the coming years.

scotash on February 1, 2011 at 3:59 PM

Bee on February 1, 2011 at 12:44 PM

‘Big-mouth’ as in an opinion about everything.
I’m beginning to regret that I left that first comment at all.
Siiiigh

annoyinglittletwerp on February 1, 2011 at 4:09 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on February 1, 2011 at 4:09 PM

Don’t! Just don’t deny others the right to say things they might or might not regret, as well. I, for one, CONSTANTLY open my big mouth and get in trouble for it. :)

Bee on February 1, 2011 at 4:24 PM

I agree – yawn. Plenty of us who are conservatives are not very concerned about gay marriage. Personally I believe gay marriage is good for society – it is good to encourage personal commitment and support interdependence that does not involve state expenditures. I think the culture of divorce that has taken hold in the US is far more destructive than any possible impact of gay marriage (which I question anyways).

I would like to see a bill that authorizes gay marriage and then grants significant tax reductions for long term marriages – of either stripe. Say a 5% deduction on taxes after 10 years, 15% after 15 years, 20% after 20 years etc. This would reward stable relationships which both reduce society’s expenses and are the foundation of our society.

Over50 on February 1, 2011 at 4:25 PM

I still do not see where this is about equality. A gay man is just as free to marry a woman as any other man is. A gay woman is just as free to marry a man as any other woman. Marriage is an institution with a very specific purpose along with an extremely long history of success on this purpose. Building the Family Unit.

If gays want the same legal standings in their relationships as marriage, then they should support some other form of the very same thing, a contract between them and their lover, but not demand that everyone else be forced to call it marriage.

astonerii on January 31, 2011 at 11:01 PM

Wow! Well said, I could not agree more. The whole gay spiel of “We just want to be equal” is bogus because they are equal, in that they can do anything heterosexuals can do (actually more if you consider what some liberal cities allow them to do in public), as long as they don’t demand to be treated differently. Therein lies the problem; where they insist that we all have to approve of their lifestyle for them to be equal.

Susanboo on February 1, 2011 at 4:50 PM

I personally do not care if they marry their cat and perform lude acts together, as long as my kids and I do not have to witness it in public. – Susanboo on February 1, 2011 at 4:50 PM

Yikes, and please, lock that door before your kids see what you and your spouse are doing! I am conservative. I don’t do my sex acts in public. Just don’t let your children grow and be Charlie Sheen. And, I will try to steer my nieces and nephews away from his lifestyle, too.

SC.Charlie on February 1, 2011 at 5:11 PM

SC.Charlie on February 1, 2011 at 5:11 PM

Susanboo on February 1, 2011 at 5:23 PM

Unfortunately, many of these people who are screaming that they are experiencing what blacks experienced with the Civil Rights debate are the ones who are hanging out at the gay parades and parties in San Francisco half dressed and performing sex acts in the street. It doesn’t matter what your gender preference is, if you’re gonna make-out or do anything else sexual, do it behind closed doors, and then don’t tell us, and especially not our kids about it. – Susanboo on February 1, 2011 at 5:23 PM

The closest I’ve been to San Francisco is East Texas. And, I have never been to a gay pride parade. The one that they have in Columbia, SC is as tame as they come. Absolutely nothing close to San Francisco. Blacks had their families to support them. In some situations gays and Lesbians can’t even turn to their families for psychological support and understanding. Our institutions have had a horrible bias against people such as myself.

SC.Charlie on February 1, 2011 at 5:36 PM

Is this a indicator why she is still single?

swimcoachmike on February 1, 2011 at 5:59 PM

None of the Bush women are conservatives: Grandma, Laura or the twins. Come to think of it, the same thing could be said ot the Bush men, starting with Prescott. They take the stands they think will get them elected and the women keep their thoughts to themselves until hubby’s term is up.

bw222 on February 1, 2011 at 6:10 PM

Our institutions have had a horrible bias against people such as myself.

SC.Charlie on February 1, 2011 at 5:36 PM

right4life on February 1, 2011 at 6:19 PM

rgranger on February 1, 2011 at 9:24 AM

OK, sorry – goats too!

oakland on February 1, 2011 at 6:19 PM

I have to say how sad I am at all this kowtowing to the Gay agenda…and amazingly, those that call themselves conservatives see nothing wrong with this?

We truly are sinking as a civilization and we will destruct if continue on this evil course.

I wonder…if those that are so ‘tolerant’ of all things gay, are tolerant of those that leave the Gay Lifestyle also?

Amazing…people honestly think that we can continue to be as hedonistic as all heck and it won’t effect us…Wow…

As Dostevesky pointed out correctly…’Without God, all things are permitted’….he didn’t mean it as compliment!

Albertanator on February 1, 2011 at 6:33 PM

Albertanator on February 1, 2011 at 6:33 PM

Gay marriage is one issue in a sea of social issues. Get over yourselves.

MadisonConservative on February 1, 2011 at 6:48 PM

Its getting to the point where we Social Conservatives no longer have a political party….. Albertanator on February 1, 2011 at 6:33 PM

Gay marriage is one issue in a sea of social issues. Get over yourselves. – MadisonConservative on February 1, 2011 at 6:48 PM

oh yeah sure…you already have special rights, why do you want to silence those who disagree? – right4life on February 1, 2011 at 6:19 PM

oakland, you left out goats, goats are people too. Why can’t the freaks marry goats? we are just haters… rgranger on February 1, 2011 at 9:24 AM

Of course, first we will need to take a page from the liberal/progressive/homosexual handbook and use the media to put these ideas into our heads by using light-hearted sitcoms like “My Two Dads”, “Kate and Allie”, “Bosom Buddies” and others to subtly and gradually make these ideas more palatable to the general public. Because that is exactly what these activists have done.Sterling Holobyte on February 1, 2011 at 2:42 PM

Allahpundit, it must be that pesky gay issue, again.

SC.Charlie on February 1, 2011 at 7:14 PM

pannw on February 1, 2011 at 2:08 PM

I believe the maximum might be three. One time I tried to do a post with 11 links (trying to make some point in a dispute over the Solution to the RINO Problem) and it cut me off, so I had to break it into smaller units. I think the 4-link posts failed, and the three link posts worked.

RINO in Name Only on February 1, 2011 at 7:17 PM

Get over yourselves.

MadisonConservative on February 1, 2011 at 6:48 PM

Pretentious pompous opinionated dildo pretentiously and pompously presents their opinion as if it means anything to the target of their overweening, contemptibly immature pratings.

And when did I ever state the degree that maturity was of importance to me?

You draw inferences that while on the surface may seem logical (to you anyway) but are really artifacts of your own particular mindset and lack of any reasoned self discipline or self awareness. Your lack of empathy and the boundless ego you demonstrated today is amazing in it’s scope and depth. (Depth of your lack NOT any depth of thought or consideration on your part.)

Have a nice day.

jcw46 on February 1, 2011 at 7:22 PM

Over50 on February 1, 2011 at 4:25 PM

Sounds great in theory, but I think that would be rife with fraud.

Plus, rising divorce and declining marriage rates are cultural problems – the Government has no business trying to shape the culture – that’s for the people to do directly.

We don’t need the Nanny state to tell us (or push us, through tax incentives) to change our values. That’s our job as individuals.

RINO in Name Only on February 1, 2011 at 7:25 PM

Amazing ………………. 255 posts on Barbara Bush’s little video……… It must be that gay issue, again.

SC.Charlie on February 1, 2011 at 7:41 PM

dildo

Have a nice day.

jcw46 on February 1, 2011 at 7:22 PM

Wow.

MadisonConservative on February 1, 2011 at 7:41 PM

Sad. But then Pres Bush still says it’s a sin. Confused people.
Rose on February 1, 2011 at 1:11 PM

Drinking too much alcohol is also a sin. Gossiping in church is also a sin. So what’s your point?

SunSword on February 1, 2011 at 7:58 PM

Great ! Just what we f**king needed …Meggy McCain II !

*spit*

cableguy615 on February 1, 2011 at 8:33 PM

She looks hot.

swamp_yankee on February 1, 2011 at 8:43 PM

Have a nice day.

jcw46 on February 1, 2011 at 7:22 PM

you have madisonfascist figured out…he’s a legend in his own mind.

right4life on February 1, 2011 at 8:53 PM

SC.Charlie on February 1, 2011 at 7:41 PM

THe gay mafia demands patronage.

Inanemergencydial on February 1, 2011 at 9:18 PM

How controversial is this? I’m not against gays having the same rights as anyone else. Like most people in this country, I’m all for civil unions with the same legal rights as marriage. What I’m not for are those who demand that words be redefined to suit their in-your-face, social-changing sexual identity agenda. It’s dishonest and deceitful to pretend it’s something other than it is.

That said, Babs is pretty.

Aardvark on February 1, 2011 at 9:50 PM

hey babs, you gonna marry your horse?

Wade on February 1, 2011 at 10:08 PM

Count to 10 on February 1, 2011 at 10:28 PM

Have a nice day.

jcw46 on February 1, 2011 at 7:22 PM

you have madisonfascist figured out…he’s a legend in his own mind.

right4life on February 1, 2011 at 8:53 PM

You guys are right on…What a pompous, profane #%@$# he is…

theaddora on February 2, 2011 at 12:18 AM

A nobody, who no one would know if it wasn’t for her father…

Tim Burton on February 2, 2011 at 1:26 AM

You know, if it was just the gays, the whole gay marriage thing would never have gotten off the ground. However, what it is really about is removing the concept of family from marriage, so that “normal” people can feel good about having relationships just for sex, rather than family. – Count to 10 on February 1, 2011 at 10:28 PM

You are blaming gays for the chosen actions “normal” people? Boy that his is a stretch of a weird imagination. I think you can blame the pill, feminism, divorce and a host of other things ………. but gays? Fifty percent of our law schools and medical schools today are made up of women. Thirty-five years ago the percentage was in the single figures.

SC.Charlie on February 2, 2011 at 7:57 AM

jcw46 on February 1, 2011 at 7:22 PM

Wow.

MadisonConservative on February 1, 2011 at 7:41 PM

Glad to see that you applaud my response.

(See, I can edit too. Nice editing of the quote on your part btw. You very selectively removed the most pertinent and incisive parts. Or was it that you removed what you couldn’t understand or even recognize as words from the English language?)

I know you thought your were being ironic but please practice some more in writing irony and excerpting comments in the privacy of the cheetos-crumb infested and semen stained den you have in your mom’s basement before you unleash your amateur attempts at same.

Cheers Doodyhead!

(see if that was a genuine expression and not a satirization of YOUR attempt, THAT would be irony.)

jcw46 on February 2, 2011 at 8:29 AM

SC.Charlie on February 2, 2011 at 7:57 AM

What do law school demographics have to do with it, btw?

Count to 10 on February 2, 2011 at 8:58 AM

cheetos-crumb infested and semen stained den

jcw46 on February 2, 2011 at 8:29 AM

What a mind.

MadisonConservative on February 2, 2011 at 10:09 AM

She is a cutie, but somehow she doesn’t strike me as a New Yorker.

saiga on February 2, 2011 at 11:08 AM

What a mind.

MadisonConservative on February 2, 2011 at 10:09 AM

And he still manages to beat you by virtue of a larger vocabulary. Get it together, man.

Dark-Star on February 2, 2011 at 12:26 PM

CCRWM on February 1, 2011 at 1:44 PM

Pretty much cuts to the root of the subject. That said I must add that according to God’s Word, He’s not mad, He’s not pouring out His Wrath anymore on humanity. That was ALL done ON Jesus ON the Cross 2000 years ago. Once for ALL. “God’s Wrath” is “Old Covenant”. We are on THIS side of the Cross living by the natural consequences of OUR bad decisions on an earth that is under the curse of Adam. Agreed that we should never “hate” or attack those professing to be “Gay”. They are deceived into thinking they were “made” that way. From all I’ve seen over the years from those who know by their profession, those claiming to be Gay had some trauma happen to them in their early years to cause them to lose their identity, or what God created them to be…bluntly, what they have “between their legs” is what God made them to be. The mental programming of their critical formative years steered them wrong. They have every right to enter into whatever relationship they choose as long as they don’t call it a “Marriage”. By God’s definition that is between a man and a woman. Period. Contract law as I understand it lets two people agree to do anything legal between them. Beyond that, God will love them to their physically dying day regardless, as must we. And only He will judge them afterward. All we ask is that they don’t flaunt or force us to accept their perverted lifestyle and attempt to recruit and deceive our kids in their impressionable years. My two cents. Well, OK, my $1.98…

Roger Brown on February 2, 2011 at 1:34 PM

*sigh* seriously folks… gays are a normal part of the human sexual identity and no, most of us don’t seem made of some “trauma” we aren’t broken, nor does there seem to be one defining cause of people identifying as gay even from very very young ages. we don’t recruit, and it’s ok to remember that all gays came about just like you. Being born, growing up and living. I was never abused, never molested, had a stable christian family, and an untramatic youth. i thought as a youth that i would grow up to marry a woman but the only people that i have been romantically or sexually attracted to are male. Yes I’ve tried to date women, no it never sparked an interest.

Zekecorlain on February 2, 2011 at 10:29 PM

They have marriage equality already.

spmat on February 3, 2011 at 1:13 AM

You’ve got it backward. I’m blaming the “normal” people for the actions of gays. What do law school demographics have to do with it, btw? – Count to 10 on February 2, 2011 at 8:58 AM

I owe you an apology. My point about so many women in law schools, med schools or even more women in our colleges and universities than young men, is that the profession of Motherhood has too some extent been downgraded, by women. I don’t know how they intend to find the time to do justice to their profession and raise the children, as they should be raised.

SC.Charlie on February 3, 2011 at 6:29 AM

Zekecorlain on February 2, 2011 at 10:29 PM

This coming from the guy that tries to recruit on Hot Air.

Count to 10 on February 3, 2011 at 9:39 AM

@Count to 10 this coming from the person who thinks sex in marriage is a clinical act devoid of emotional nuance. You can’t recruit people to be gay and decades of research backs me.

Zekecorlain on February 3, 2011 at 10:33 AM

I don’t think people are served well by depending on biblical text to understand the world. Unless you want to live in a world that never had electricity, shampoo, or human rights. Trying to justify bigotry thru your holy texts really just goes to show that people can read whatever they want into their texts. After all their are many christian churches that accept gays, there are countless gay families that belie the cultural narrative on what gays ‘are’. yet some how to many of you think that you have found a way to justify legal hatred of your own children simply because you don’t understand. – Zekecorlain on February 2, 2011 at 10:29 PM

Very well stated.

SC.Charlie on February 3, 2011 at 10:50 AM

This coming from the guy that tries to recruit on Hot Air. – Count to 10 on February 3, 2011 at 9:39 AM

Do you really think that anyone can be recruited to change their sexual orientation?

SC.Charlie on February 3, 2011 at 11:32 AM

Zekecorlain on February 3, 2011 at 11:39 AM

At the center of the debate over same-sex relationships is a challenge to biblical authority. All of us are sinners, and all of us should be welcome in church — but that doesn’t mean that we get to claim that our sins are not sins. Every sin should be repented of and fought against with the help of the Holy Spirit.

According to the Bible, same-sex relationships are just as wrong in God’s sight as adultery and other sins. Over the course of more than 1,500 years, the writers of the biblical books conveyed God’s warning against such behaviors. To reject the Bible’s pronouncements about same-sex relationships (or adultery, etc.) is to challenge the authority of Scripture and reject the authority of the Holy Spirit.

God knows everything about human nature, and about each one of us. And He loves each of us. However, He also says “don’t do it” to many things that seem good to us, and He does so for our own good (either in this world or in eternity).

And the good news is that He is ready to forgive us and help us fight against our sins, if we trust in Jesus to forgive us and make Him the Lord of our lives.

But when we pretend that our sins aren’t sins, we’re fooling only ourselves.

KyMouse on February 3, 2011 at 1:08 PM

@KyMouse AWESOME god made me just the way he wanted me, which is why he hates me for being me. If only I accept that he hates me for how he made me, goD will find it in his heart to overlook that he made me wrong.

Sounds great except I don’t accept your bible, don’t accept your moral authority, and don’t accept that you have more than a smattering understanding of biology and human sexuality. Therefore trying to legislate your religion puts you in conflict with every one who has a different interpretation of the bible than you do and is the primary reason not to involve religion in civil laws. Unless you would like to start a holy war with everyone that eats blood sausage, drinks cusses, and has been divorced I strongly suggest you do not either.

Zekecorlain on February 3, 2011 at 1:42 PM

I don’t accept your bible
Zekecorlain on February 3, 2011 at 1:42 PM

That’s my point exactly. However, it isn’t “my” Bible — it has been around a lot longer than I have, and one proof of its divine origin is the accuracy of its prophecies. As I’ve pointed out before, one good example of that is the fact that the Bible’s prophecies about the Jewish people, prophecies made thousands of years ago have come true (i.e. driven from their homeland, scattered among the nations, persecuted, then brought back to their homeland).

I am every bit as much bound by God’s laws as you are; and, like you, I’m a sinner. We may not commit the same sins, but we will answer to the same God, and He is the one who has told us what we need to know about sin and salvation.

And He is the one who says that same-sex relationships are sinful. Don’t complain to me, tell Him.

KyMouse on February 3, 2011 at 2:02 PM

@Kymouse Gilgamesh has been around even longer than the bible, I don’t see you looking to worship the God Kings of Ur any time soon though.
I did mention it to your god actually, he said it was cool, don’t worry about it, so You have to be cool with it now too.

0_o beat that

Also if you write a book after the fact it’s really easy to make prophecies come true. Specially if you have a very wide margin of tolerance for what might have been a miracle in the first place.

The bible condones slavery which has become morally detestable. Unless you really think owning people is cool please accept the simple fact that no matter what is written in the bible with a big enough civil war you can come to understand it in a different way.

Zekecorlain on February 3, 2011 at 2:23 PM

Also your bible is not that great on prophecies. Jesus said that not one stone would be left on top of another when Jerusalem fell yet, in stark contrast there is a giant section of wall still there. So unless jesus was speaking figuratively he didn’t even prophesy that well.

Zekecorlain on February 3, 2011 at 2:27 PM

@SC.Charlie he feels that with practice you can be trained to have sex with anyone something I used to believe back when i was still hoping i was Bi. It wasn’t true of course be he holds very dearly to the idea. I think he might actually be bisexual. – Zekecorlain on February 3, 2011 at 11:39 AM

Zekecorlain, you have my beliefs/understanding in/of human sexuality all messed-up. I think you or myself could have sexual relations with a member of the opposite sex. However the relationship would not be rewarding and fulfilling. In fact I think it would immoral to have such relationships if the partner was not informed that you are gay or think you are gay. And, I certainly, don’t think anyone should be led to believe that they can change their sexual orientation.

SC.Charlie on February 3, 2011 at 2:28 PM

@SC Charlie, no I was referring to @count_to_10

Zekecorlain on February 3, 2011 at 2:44 PM

Bushies are only embraced when they kowtow to the homosexual agenda. The rest of the time they are certified enemies of humanity.

wraithby on February 1, 2011 at 11:25 AM

Exaggerate much?

annoyinglittletwerp on February 1, 2011 at 11:34 AM

Don’t need to–look at the record from 2000 to 2008- re: all things Bush and the Left. Was your head buried in the sand for 8 years?

wraithby on February 3, 2011 at 3:49 PM