Awesome! Alan Colmes and Megyn Kelly debate The Right Scoop!

posted at 4:25 pm on January 28, 2011 by The Right Scoop

This time it isn’t just isn’t my website name on a video, but a whole segment between Megyn Kelly and Alan Colmes debating my article about the ruse that is the new civility narrative! Woah! I never saw that coming and I am quite shocked to say the least. But I’m betting it has a lot to do with the fact that I posted my article this morning on Hot Air. Thanks to Ed and Allah for allowing me to guest blog today.

The funny thing about this segment is that while Megyn Kelly seemed to believe that my argument was at least plausible given the ill-timed call for civility, Alan Colmes found my premise to be completely absurd and called me a conspiracy theorist. I’ll take that as a compliment from him.

If the Left were actually serious about wanting civility, then we would have seen it throughout the eight years of Bush when they were going nuts. Just review Michelle Malkin’s excellent archive of lefty hate. No, they were silent about tone and civility. And even now, since Obama took office all we’ve heard from the Left is how racist and violent the Tea Party is even though none of it is true. Still silent. But now that the Left has lost control of the House by such a wide margin, they suddenly want to call for civility by politicizing a shooting that had nothing to do with civility? How convenient.

We see right through them.

A big thanks to Stephen Gutowski of Eyeblast for getting the video for me. You should follow him on twitter.

Cross-posted at www.therightscoop.com

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Congrats! And I agree with you.

sarainitaly on January 29, 2011 at 10:12 AM

comes only talent is talking in circles in a sociopathic manner. Fox got rid of this propagandist, why do they continue to bring him back, give him credibility as a commentator and allow him to spew (or a better description for colmes, puke) his leftwing propaganda and cloud the picture. That’s all he does, creates lots of noise to drown out the truth.

peacenprosperity on January 29, 2011 at 12:21 PM

comes is a poor man’s chris matthews

peacenprosperity on January 29, 2011 at 12:22 PM

colmes

peacenprosperity on January 29, 2011 at 12:22 PM

If Colmes and his fellow lefty-sinners want to repent of their uncivil language they’ve been practicing since Reagan’s Presidency, I am one Conservative who would encourage them to start practicing civility in our public arenas.

I would welcome this clear progression in their emotional maturity level.

However, we all know that is not their intent.

First, no matter how they define “civility” they continue to violate it. Does it mean ‘non-violent speech?’ Does it mean ‘treat all persons with dignity’? Right. Coming from a President who flipped the bird while talking about the sacrifices John McCain has made for our country. And from a Speaker who denied 45% of Americans the opportunity to have a voice in Congress unless we went through a lobbyist instead of our (R) representatives. And numerous Dem Reps (Frank, among others) who told their constituents they were not entitled to explanations of their Reps’ actions, one of whom (Stark) even told a voter he wouldn’t dignify said voter by peeing on his leg.

Second, many consider the statement “The first casualty of war is the truth” to be correct. While the inverse may not be true, I still have to ask the question: when a free society that relies on a free press is lied to by its elected officials, and those same lies are further perpetrated by the so-called “free” press, do they feel they are at war with me? Certainly they insult me as a bitter clinger, an enemy, a homegrown threat; but insults I can take, since insults only demean the insulter. Why does this President lie to me more often than Slick Willie ever thought about doing? (And sorry, “Bush lied, people died” doesn’t excuse this entire Administration’s errant grasp of verifiable facts.)

Third, if we are going to limit our political discourse for the first time in our history, I want these leftists to reassure me just what values we Americans have that are worth fighting and dying for. Since 1900 our American homeland has not been under threat, and our American military has bled and died all around the world to fertilize the Tree of Liberty in many foreign lands. But we always stood for our core defining freedoms: freedom of religion, freedom of speech, freedom of the press (freedom of dissent), and the right to self-government. Freedom of religion has largely been neutered since David Koresh was brought down by suspicions of drug and weapons violations; Freedom of the press has been bastardized since the press has become an external organ of the government; and the right to self-government has been denied millions of us in our own country through the growth of bureaucracy, unfunded mandates to the states, unconfirmed czars, House and Senate rules that exclude the minority party from having voices, and the proliferation of outside influences who do have a voice like union bosses and lobbyists. Throughout it all, the Left has always championed “Freedom of Speech” as the ultimate American value that allows protesters to burn the flag, strippers to ply their trade without regard to morality, federally-funded artists to display urine-soaked crucifixes. So now the Left is willing to sacrifice their only Sacred Cow on the altar of the Moral High Ground?

I decline to accept their gift, since I too treasure the right to free speech; but what I really want to know is just what they think they are gaining by this ploy???

This seems like a ‘Hail Mary’ play. Are they so fearful of our momentum that they are worried about a total roll-back?

Beyond Fantasy, could it be that we are so much closer to victory than we think? Instead of facing a Sputnik moment, could we possibly be anticipating a Fall of the Berlin Wall moment?

rwenger43 on January 29, 2011 at 7:20 PM