Report: Pence reportedly won’t run for president; Update: Confirmed

posted at 4:59 pm on January 27, 2011 by Allahpundit

No surprise. News broke 20 minutes ago that he’ll reveal his decision tonight to the Indy Star, which was itself a sign that he’d pass on the White House and stay local. And according to an Indy political site, that’s exactly what’s happening.

U.S. Rep. Mike Pence has ruled out a run for national office and will tour the state in the next few months, informed and reliable sources tell Howey Politics Indiana. The sources say that Pence has not made a final decision about a run for governor, keeping open the option of running for reelection in the 6th CD.

Just this morning, Richard Viguerie and Ralph Benko published an op-ed in Politico anointing him the man to beat if he declared given his standing among both fiscal cons and social cons. As it is, Palinistas everywhere breathe a sigh of relief that there’s one less “true conservative” to worry about. I’m actually kind of surprised that he’s passing on 2012: His thinking, presumably, is that with four years of executive experience and no Democratic incumbent in the White House, he’ll be primed for a serious run in 2016. But so will Christie and Rubio and Jindal and who knows who else. It’ll be a strong field, whereas this year’s really isn’t. Speaking of which, Pence reportedly met with Mitch Daniels just eight days ago to discuss matters unspecified; I wonder if that was to sound him out about his own intentions, on the assumption that two Hoosiers in the field will cancel each other out, or if he was giving him a heads up about his decision.

Meanwhile, as a “true conservative” exits stage right, a RINO is set to enter stage left. Much to my surprise, WaPo is reporting that Jon Huntsman is indeed serious about running for president and has already put together a team featuring McCain emeriti John Weaver and Fred Davis. I thought for sure when he told Newsweek he was thinking about it he was only goosing the media ahead of a run for Orrin Hatch’s Senate seat in Utah. But no, apparently he’s going to try to be an even more sensible “sensible centrist” alternative to Romney, Daniels, and the rest of the moderates in the field. I didn’t understand his strategy when I wrote about him three weeks ago and I don’t understand it now, so follow that last link for further thoughts. Presumably he’s hoping to catch the fancy of David Brooks, George Will, Krauthammer, etc, and siphon off Daniels’s buzz as the new establishment favorite, especially in light of the foreign policy cred he derived from his ambassadorship. Good luck with the “sure, I worked for Obama but I didn’t enjoy it” messaging in the primaries, Jon.

Update: Done deal.

“In the choice between seeking national office and serving Indiana in some capacity, we choose Indiana,” Pence, R-Columbus, said of himself and wife Karen in a letter being sent to supporters. “We will not seek the Republican nomination for president in 2012.”

He said he would make a decision “later this year” about what his next political step is, but by not running for president it is considered a virtual certainty that he will run for the GOP nomination for governor.

Needless to say, a big reason for the “Draft Pence” push in recent weeks was some social cons being uncomfortable with Palin or Huckabee as the nominee. Where do those people turn now?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

heh. I toked on the hopenchangium but didn’t inhale…..yahh right.

ted c on January 27, 2011 at 5:02 PM

cricks chirping

Bruno Strozek on January 27, 2011 at 5:02 PM

the Hermanator or Mitch Daniels

commodore on January 27, 2011 at 5:03 PM

Who do those people turn to now?

Godfather’s Pizza.

ted c on January 27, 2011 at 5:03 PM

Needless to say, a big reason for the “Draft Pence” push in recent weeks was some social cons being uncomfortable with Palin or Huckabee as the nominee. Who do those people turn to now?

Alcohol & Prescription drugs.

portlandon on January 27, 2011 at 5:03 PM

Who cares about this nonsense when Charlie Sheen has been taken to the hospital!!!!!

Tommy_G on January 27, 2011 at 5:04 PM

Pence not in? If Palin runs, the nomaination’s hers.

ddrintn on January 27, 2011 at 5:05 PM

social cons turn turn to Santorum.

rob verdi on January 27, 2011 at 5:05 PM

I’m looking forward to voting for him as Governor. Wise move, IMO.

A successful term or two in that role, and he’ll have the executive experience to take the next step, if the cards fall that way.

cs89 on January 27, 2011 at 5:05 PM

* oops, “nomination”

ddrintn on January 27, 2011 at 5:05 PM

Great choice by Pence.

So who do we push now as the anti-Palin true conservative for the GOP presidential nominee?

Bachmann? Or are we back to Huck?

chief on January 27, 2011 at 5:06 PM

“WaPo is reporting that Jon Huntsman is indeed serious about running for president”

Yea! The ambassador to China when Hu Jintao humiliated the US at a State Dinner in Washington. Way to be alert and on the job, Jon.

Dusty on January 27, 2011 at 5:06 PM

Oh, and I strongly doubt if significant numbers of “social cons” will have any problem voting for Palin. Especially against Obama in the general.

If there’s a primary opponent who can reel them in and defeat Palin for the nomination, I say “go for it.” Don’t see it happening at this point, but we’ll see.

cs89 on January 27, 2011 at 5:07 PM

“We will not seek the Republican nomination for president in 2012.”

That seems carefully worded to me. A serious and powerful draft-Pence movement might find him willing.

I certainly like the fact that he avoided the “oh, ha ha ha, you mean me, Sean? We’ll just have to see….” mouthings of certain others….

MrScribbler on January 27, 2011 at 5:07 PM

Barbor/Ryan 2012? Jindal maybe? I wish Palin could convince Ryan to run at the top of the ticket, but that’s pretty doubtful.

cpaulus on January 27, 2011 at 5:07 PM

Since Pence is not running there’s only one current potential candidate that I can fully support, who advances Conservative causes across the board (Fiscal, Social, Defense) and that is Sarah Palin. There aren’t any others.

JonPrichard on January 27, 2011 at 5:07 PM

He’s thinking that Obama will win in 2012 and there won’t be an incumbent to run against in 2016.

Trouble is, there might.

darwin on January 27, 2011 at 5:07 PM

Bachmann? Or are we back to Huck?

chief on January 27, 2011 at 5:06 PM

I emailed the media and they said they’ll be choosing our candidate shortly … standby.

darwin on January 27, 2011 at 5:09 PM

Please run Jon Huntsman. China needs to be a central issue for the Republicans.

PrezHussein on January 27, 2011 at 5:09 PM

Draft (Liz) Cheney?

clement on January 27, 2011 at 5:10 PM

In 2016, why would he run against an GOP incumbent president?? I am beginning to seriously doubt that obama will be reelected, especially after the dud of a SOTU he drop the other night. he just doesn’t have the mojo anymore.

Luntz’s panel the other night had 13 people who voted for him in 2008, and only 7 are leaning towards voting for him again

ConservativePartyNow on January 27, 2011 at 5:10 PM

Wise move.
I really hope the 2012 cast of characters doesn’t look like the line up prior to 2008. What I mean by that is then some really good candidates seemed completely overshadowed by the so called front runners and I think the total number is what allowed that to happen.
The more people saying that they are going to run, this far out, just benefits the candidates I love to hate. Huckabee mostly.

ORconservative on January 27, 2011 at 5:11 PM

Dusty on January 27, 2011 at 5:06 PM

Huntsman will be a formidable candidate.

a capella on January 27, 2011 at 5:11 PM

Dang is IN lucky. Mitch for 8 years. Most likely followed by Pence. The Dems no longer have a bench to draw candidates in IN.

WashJeff on January 27, 2011 at 5:11 PM

No surprise. Me and KnuckleHead saw this. But it was mostly Knuck’s analysis and I tagged along in agreement.

Geochelone on January 27, 2011 at 5:11 PM

Bachmann? Or are we back to Huck?

chief on January 27, 2011

I hope we don’t allow the national media to pick the Republican candidate this go-round.

JonPrichard on January 27, 2011 at 5:11 PM

Pence not in? If Palin runs, the nomaination’s hers.

ddrintn on January 27, 2011 at 5:05 PM

I tend to agree

ConservativePartyNow on January 27, 2011 at 5:11 PM

We’re doomed.

Nessuno on January 27, 2011 at 5:11 PM

Please run Jon Huntsman. China needs to be a central issue for the Republicans.

PrezHussein on January 27, 2011 at 5:09 PM

Yes, let’s convince Republicans to nominate a guy who jumped at the first opportunity to serve in the Obama Administration.

I want to see that play out.

amerpundit on January 27, 2011 at 5:12 PM

darwin on January 27, 2011 at 5:09 PM

Ha, exactly.

ORconservative on January 27, 2011 at 5:12 PM

Love the man – good decision – if true.

Go get some executive experience – run something – then bring your great qualities back to the table.

jake-the-goose on January 27, 2011 at 5:13 PM

It seems Pence is a lot smarter than his supporters. The only reason for him to run is to get exposure for the future, but he can do that as a governor.

swamp_yankee on January 27, 2011 at 5:13 PM

Anyone lining up old McCain campaign hacks for their staff should be immediately dismissed.

Mark1971 on January 27, 2011 at 5:15 PM

This is the smart play. Pence has absolutely ZERO executive or even minor managerial experience. He’s currently qualified for McDonald’s “Do you want fries with that” managerial training program.

He can’t be president but being Indiana’s next Governor is a done deal. This will give his a shot at PROVING he knows what he is doing. Then in 16 years after Sarah does her 8 years, and her Vice President, Rick Perry, does his 8 years, it might just be his turn.

gary4205 on January 27, 2011 at 5:16 PM

Please run Jon Huntsman. China needs to be a central issue for the Republicans.

PrezHussein on January 27, 2011 at 5:09 PM

facepalm

portlandon on January 27, 2011 at 5:16 PM

Dusty on January 27, 2011 at 5:06 PM

Huntsman will be a formidable candidate.

a capella on January 27, 2011 at 5:11 PM

Another “establishment type” with no traction with the base. Forget it.

ddrintn on January 27, 2011 at 5:18 PM

Exit Question:

Exit Answer:

How about Palin or Huckabee? Someone who actually might run, and actually might stand a chance of getting the nomination? What a r3v0lutionary idea!

gryphon202 on January 27, 2011 at 5:19 PM

Please run Jon Huntsman. China needs to be a central issue for the Republicans.

PrezHussein on January 27, 2011 at 5:09 PM

Oh my.

Good luck wid dat.

gary4205 on January 27, 2011 at 5:19 PM

I thought Huntsman was replacing Biden on the O ticket.

BKeyser on January 27, 2011 at 5:19 PM

ConservativePartyNow on January 27, 2011 at 5:10 PM

I agree. I think Obama is very beatable in 2012. Where does that leave Pence? I suppose he could serve two terms as governor, but that’s risky as the second term for any chief executive often ends badly in the public’s mind. We’ll see. This definitely opens things up for Palin, but I still don’t think she can win. I wish she could. I’d support her. But I don’t think she can win. The nasty narrative on her is too set in stone, and honestly I think the McCain-RINO wing of the party would absolutely work against her vigorously lest she win and thus settle the debate on who was the drag on the ticket in ’08.

Rational Thought on January 27, 2011 at 5:19 PM

Unfortunate. We elites needed him to be the Palinesque Not-Palin. Now we’re still stuck with the Palinesque Palin.

Vyce on January 27, 2011 at 5:20 PM

Godfather’s Pizza.

ted c on January 27, 2011 at 5:03 PM

I love that guy.
And his pizza.

MississippiMom on January 27, 2011 at 5:20 PM

gary4205 on January 27, 2011 at 5:16 PM

Ah, but you’re not factoring in the Skittle-pooping unicorn vote.

amerpundit on January 27, 2011 at 5:20 PM

Another “establishment type” with no traction with the base. Forget it.

ddrintn on January 27, 2011 at 5:18 PM

Guess you want Huckabee. He has great traction and is hick enough to run an anti-establishment campaign.

PrezHussein on January 27, 2011 at 5:23 PM

In 2016, why would he run against an GOP incumbent president??

Let’s not presume so much.

Vyce on January 27, 2011 at 5:23 PM

Exit Answer:

gryphon202 on January 27, 2011 at 5:19 PM

FIFY

BTW, you notice Sarah Palin was the ONLY potential Presidential candidate invited to headline the kick off at the Reagan 100 year celebration at the Reagan Ranch?

She was the only potential candidate even mentioned.

That tells ya all you need to know.

Let’s face it. The other candidates are just chew toys for her. These GOP debates will just be a warm up for her, the others will just be sparing partners, a warm up for her before she KOs Obama in the Main Event.

That’s the only purpose they will serve.

gary4205 on January 27, 2011 at 5:24 PM

Palin/Bolton 2012

Disturb the Universe on January 27, 2011 at 5:25 PM

You know who this helps?

davek70 on January 27, 2011 at 5:25 PM

We’re boned.

Purple Fury on January 27, 2011 at 5:26 PM

Another “establishment type” with no traction with the base. Forget it.

ddrintn on January 27, 2011 at 5:18 PM

He’s got the foreign policy chops and a decent run as governor. I’ve not seen him in debate but would expect him to be pretty competent. I’ve always assumed he took the China gig to build his resume. He’s a relatively new, fresh face. We’ll see.

a capella on January 27, 2011 at 5:26 PM

only one choice left….

TRUMP/RUBIO 2012

SDarchitect on January 27, 2011 at 5:29 PM

All I can say is that it will be VERY interesting who Palin’s VP pick will be.

My guess…
Palin/West 2012

tencole on January 27, 2011 at 5:29 PM

Do you all seriously think the GOP (which will vote a lot more conservative this time I hope) would actually nominate a RINO that worked for Obama??

davek70 on January 27, 2011 at 5:29 PM

Rational Thought on January 27, 2011 at 5:19 PM

Dude, this is the most ignorant thing I’ve read today.

The narrative is NOT set in stone, in fact, Sarah Palin is the ONLY ONE with the skill and ability to talk right past the blood libel media and DIRECTLY to the American people. No one since Reagan could pull this off. SHE CAN.

She can win because people with a brain knows she can win and will have no trouble getting behind her 1000%.

Good luck with whatever milquetoast nothing you lust after. No one else has the jazz. Palin has it in spades.

gary4205 on January 27, 2011 at 5:30 PM

swamp_yankee on January 27, 2011 at 5:13 PM

Couple questions…
Do you think the electorate would be more receptive or less receptive to a ‘far right’ conservative in 2016 (or later)?

Only way I see more or about the same is if Obama is re-elected. Even then the Dems would have to hold or gain in congress in addition to winning the presidency.

If a republican (any republican) wins in 2012 does he have a shot in the primary from the right flank?

I doubt it. Unless it is a very liberal one (who I doubt could ever beat Obama in the first place).

I just think that you need a Carter to get a Reagan.

clement on January 27, 2011 at 5:30 PM

Ugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And he was on the potential list!!

canopfor on January 27, 2011 at 5:30 PM

I truly think Pence is about as good a man and as good a leader as the Republican Party has.

That said, to maximize his great potential as a future president, let him run for Governor of Indiana now and excel at that job for a couple of terms. Put him on the Reagan track — Governor first and then a great President. As much as we need his leadership now, I suspect we will need it even more in about 8 years.

Edouard on January 27, 2011 at 5:31 PM

Ah, but you’re not factoring in the Skittle-pooping unicorn vote.

amerpundit on January 27, 2011 at 5:20 PM

ROFLMAO!

I think the unicorns have left the barn after that pathetic SOTU pep rally.

gary4205 on January 27, 2011 at 5:31 PM

tencole on January 27, 2011 at 5:29 PM

Actually I was thinking more Palin/Cain

ConservativePartyNow on January 27, 2011 at 5:32 PM

All I can say is that it will be VERY interesting who Palin’s VP pick will be.

My guess…
Palin/West 2012

tencole on January 27, 2011 at 5:29 PM

tencole:Exactly how it going to go,and,I have the
Campaign Lingo,

“Restoring America To Common Sense”/2012!!

canopfor on January 27, 2011 at 5:32 PM

tencole on January 27, 2011 at 5:29 PM
=======
Actually I was thinking more Palin/Cain

ConservativePartyNow on January 27, 2011 at 5:32 PM

ConservativePartyNow:That’ll work too!!

canopfor on January 27, 2011 at 5:33 PM

I just think that you need a Carter to get a Reagan.

clement on January 27, 2011 at 5:30 PM

Concern troll fail.

Barry is Carter on steroids! Hell, he is so bad he makes Carter look like Reagan.

Carter brought us Reagan, Obama (Carter 2.0) will give us Palin, and a very bright future.

gary4205 on January 27, 2011 at 5:35 PM

Dick Lugar, that sound you hear behind you is something to be afraid of.

SouthernGent on January 27, 2011 at 5:35 PM

this is thinking that it will not be the gop POTUS 2nd term.

unseen on January 27, 2011 at 5:36 PM

Breaking…………………………….

Mitt Romney was last seen,popping a champagne cork…

details as they come in……………..(snark)

canopfor on January 27, 2011 at 5:37 PM

That’s the only purpose they will serve.

gary4205 on January 27, 2011 at 5:24 PM

Gary, I love ya dearly man, but you know that political gamesmanship is not very important to me. Where is the talk of policy? I know that Sarah Palin stands up for what she believes, and that’s all well-and-good, but how about us, her supporters? When are we going to start talking about principles?! Eyes on the prize, my friend…and the prize is not Sarah Palin in the White House. As much as I’d like to see that, the true prize is reclaiming the freedom we’ve been slowly losing for the last 97+ years. It’s the birthright of every American citizen that I seek, and even assuming a best-case scenario in 2012, it should last far beyond any president’s eight years in office.

gryphon202 on January 27, 2011 at 5:37 PM

All I can say is that it will be VERY interesting who Palin’s VP pick will be.

My guess…
Palin/West 2012

tencole on January 27, 2011 at 5:29 PM

That would be a wonderful ticket.

I still say it will be Palin/Perry.

That will be a strong ticket.

Two powerful Governors with a reputation for making things happen. It will unite the party as well.

gary4205 on January 27, 2011 at 5:37 PM

gary4205 on January 27, 2011 at 5:35 PM

Do you even know what a concern troll is?

clement on January 27, 2011 at 5:38 PM

Bachmann? Or are we back to Huck?

chief on January 27, 2011 at 5:06 PM

Gotta be Huck. The GOP elites hate Michele as much as Sarah. She’d dismantle the “country club” GOP leadership as quickly as Palin.

bw222 on January 27, 2011 at 5:39 PM

Dude, this is the most ignorant thing I’ve read today.

gary4205 on January 27, 2011 at 5:30 PM

Oh pipe down! I said I’d support her. Enthusiastically. But it’ll be the longest of long shots. A second Obama term with no re-election concerns on his part will be extremely dangerous for my country. The conservative wing of the U.S. Supreme Court is getting quite old, and I don’t want Obama replacing any of them. I’d like to see what all the options are out there in order to avoid a second Obama term at all costs.

Rational Thought on January 27, 2011 at 5:40 PM

Breaking…………………………….

Mitt Romney was last seen,popping a champagne cork…

details as they come in……………..(snark)

canopfor on January 27, 2011 at 5:37 PM

Why would this please Mitt? His only chance to win is if conservatives canibalize one another.

bw222 on January 27, 2011 at 5:41 PM

RINOs across the land hardest hit. this is a great day for conservatives as we rally around the only conservative in the rac ethat stands a chance in hell of winning against the ONE.

unseen on January 27, 2011 at 5:43 PM

Give Pence credit for not dragging this out…Wish him luck governing those Wanderers…

Huntsman, does Jon split Mitt’s base of Mormon voters?

Gohawgs on January 27, 2011 at 5:44 PM

gryphon202 on January 27, 2011 at 5:37 PM

You don’t know Sarah Palin’s policies by now? Man where have you been?

The fact is you are right. This is about saving our Republic, putting the power back where it belongs, with We The People.

There is exactly one person who has a shot at being POTUS who actually gets this, and MEANS it when SHE says it.

That’s kinda all you need to know. We all know her record of excellence in office, a record that’s 20 years long.

She talks about serious policy all the time. Read her latest FB?

THAT is what a real SOTU report looks like.

There is simply no one else.

And yes, the rest of the GOP field will be nothing more than target practice for her before she bags the big game.

I can’t wait for the debates. She is going to make a lot of good old boys look really, really bad.

gary4205 on January 27, 2011 at 5:44 PM

gary4205 on January 27, 2011

I like your enthusiasm. I agree with you on the particulars – that Palin can win the nomination and beat Obama in the general. But the fight will not be pretty. One thing about this ‘narrative set in stone’ business – this is actually a good thing for a candidate because all the expectations are lowered and Palin has the personality and cajones to tee it up every single time and surprise people, in debates, on the stump and in hand to hand combat retail politicking as found in Iowa and New Hampshire.

JonPrichard on January 27, 2011 at 5:45 PM

I like Pence so if he’s out all these other SCRUBS should check off their name, you know who I am talking to, Angle

conservador on January 27, 2011 at 5:45 PM

You don’t know Sarah Palin’s policies by now? Man where have you been?

gary4205 on January 27, 2011 at 5:44 PM

I’m saying, I know what they are. That’s why I support her, dude. I’m saying I’m not big on political gamesmanship, and we need to be more vocal about why we support her. “Cause she’s the best” or “cause she’s going to cream Obama” won’t cut it for the squishies.

As for the douchebags that already have their mind made up she is the worst, they’re hopeless anyhow.

gryphon202 on January 27, 2011 at 5:48 PM

I’m routinely placed in the “RINO wing” here by other HA commenters, but I have already gone on record (multiple times – I want you all to know it, since some people here like to throw mentions of support back in people’s faces) that I will vote for Palin if she gets the nomination. Even though I don’t see any path to victory for her in the general.

What I have absolutely zero confidence in, is the “true con” wing voting for Romney, or Pawlenty, or Christie, or whomever the “Not Palin” becomes, should THEY win the nomination. I absolutely believe that THEY will do what they can to undercut the perceived “establishment” nominee in the way you think the GOP will Palin.

Vyce on January 27, 2011 at 5:48 PM

Huntsman, does Jon split Mitt’s base of Mormon voters?

Gohawgs on January 27, 2011 at 5:44 PM

Not this Mormon. Many politically aware members of my church support Palin. She is a much better representative of our values than Mitt or Huntsman.

Kataklysmic on January 27, 2011 at 5:50 PM

Here’s a list of the Republicans that I will not vote for:

Mike Huckabee (I will actually work against him if need be)
Jon Huntsman
Anyone who hires Nicole Wallace

myrenovations on January 27, 2011 at 5:50 PM

Rational Thought on January 27, 2011 at 5:40 PM

No, you pipe down.

It’s NOT a long shot at all. In fact, it’s the only sure thing.

Sarah Palin is the ONLY Republican who can take Obama down. Period, end of story.

She’s the only one who isn’t impressed with the crease in his pants, or feels she has to complement him from time to time.

She wants him gone and will make it happen.

Past that, she’s the only one with an agenda that will get America back to greatness.

The rest are just democrat lites who are too cowardly to do what must be done. They are the type who have been enabling the radical left for years. Not a spine among them.

We need a leader, and she is the only one with the ballz to stand up and do it.

The rest had their shot. In fact they’ve had their chances for the past 2 years and they have been in hiding, rather than leading.

gary4205 on January 27, 2011 at 5:50 PM

gryphon202 on January 27, 2011

Quite frankly, that IS Sarah Palin. Can you think of a single potential candidate from ANY party that seeks to restore the luster to that ‘true prize’?

Palin/Perry 2012

PP12 Eleventy!

JonPrichard on January 27, 2011 at 5:51 PM

I bet he runs for Governor after Daniels. I think Lugar would be very difficult to beat in this state…but Pence is one of the few people who might be able to win against him in a primary.

Terrye on January 27, 2011 at 5:51 PM

Gohawgs on January 27, 2011 at 5:44 PM

Very well said sir!

gary4205 on January 27, 2011 at 5:52 PM

Where do the nanny state SoCons turn?

Outside of of obsessing over gay marriage, who can they place their nanny state hopes on?

rickyricardo on January 27, 2011 at 5:52 PM

*********************NEW BAGDAD BOB*********************

Posted at 5:27 PM ET, 01/27/2011

White House picks Jay Carney as new press secretary
=====================================================

President Obama has chosen former journalist Jay Carney to replace press secretary Robert Gibbs, a longtime loyalist, when he leaves the post in mid-February — one of a number of staff changes announced today by White House chief of staff Bill Daley.

canopfor on January 27, 2011 at 5:53 PM

lol.

lay it ou for us gary.

what element of her agenda isn’t stated in generalities and talking points?

rickyricardo on January 27, 2011 at 5:55 PM

JonPrichard on January 27, 2011 at 5:45 PM

Oh yeah. It’s going to be incredibly tough. That’s why Palin is the ONLY choice.

The left will savage whoever the nominee is and Sarah has already proven that absolutely nothing can stop her.

The rest of the GOP has proven it is spineless and would rather to be liked that lead.

Palin is battle tested, battle hardened, and totally unflappable.

The rest, not so much.

gary4205 on January 27, 2011 at 5:56 PM

canopfor on January 27, 2011 at 5:37 PM
=============================

bw222 on January 27, 2011 at 5:41 PM

bw222:No Sh*t,on the second part!!:)

canopfor on January 27, 2011 at 5:57 PM

Vyce on January 27, 2011

Yeah. I’m much more in the Conservative wing of the Republican party but I’d still vote for any of the ‘vanilla gang’ over Obama. But would I give money and walk the precinct and make the phone calls? Yes. But out of a sense of duty to rid our nation of the Obama plague.

With Palin as the nominee I would do all of those things with energy and positive excitement – enough to overcome the squish RINO who seeks to undercut her candidacy.

JonPrichard on January 27, 2011 at 5:58 PM

lol.

lay it ou for us gary.

what element of her agenda isn’t stated in generalities and talking points?

rickyricardo on January 27, 2011 at 5:55 PM

Go read her two books, her hundreds of FB posts and Op-eds at the Wall Street Journal, New Times, Washington Post, Investors Business daily, and so on.

The woman has been talking Policy for 2 years solid.

That you don’t know this says more about you than anything else.

gary4205 on January 27, 2011 at 6:00 PM

So exactly how big was this groundswell of support for the ‘Draft Pence’ petition? Do we have the final total on the number of signatures Pence recieved?

AP, why does supporting Pence mean you don’t support Palin?

Maybe these supporters just liked Pence more than Palin. Does every decision by a politician and their supporters have to equal an anti-Palin angle and storyline?

Allahpundit makes it sound like there are millions and millions of conservatives that are so against voting for Palin that they are scrambling for any conservative with a heartbeat to vote for instead.

I love the heartache I am seeing across the internet from the ‘anyone but Palin’ crowd.

The only thing that will be sweeter is when Huckabee announces he is staying with the ‘Little Rockers’ and will not be running for president.

chief on January 27, 2011 at 6:00 PM

Palin is battle tested, battle hardened, and totally unflappable.

The rest, not so much.

gary4205 on January 27, 2011

Yup. And there really isn’t any way to hit her any harder than they already have.

JonPrichard on January 27, 2011 at 6:01 PM

Vyce on January 27, 2011 at 5:48 PM

Has this happened before? It wasn’t the cons that didn’t vote for McCain in ’08 or for any other R candidate for POTUS that I can remember…It was those that claim to be R’s but end up voting for the dem that have me concerned about ’12…

Gohawgs on January 27, 2011 at 6:03 PM

So who will be the next candidate the insiders push to try to prevent Palin from getting the nomination? They’ve already tried Daniels and Pence. I’m betting Thune will be their next choice.

huckleberryfriend on January 27, 2011 at 6:06 PM

JonPrichard on January 27, 2011 at 5:58 PM

You hit on why Sarah will be the nominee. There is actual enthusiasm for her. There are millions already chomping at the bits. She’ll have grass roots leaders in all 57 states ready to spread the message.

There are thousands of bloggers out there who do little more that support her.

She has Rush Limbaugh and Mark Levin on her side 100%. Tammy Bruce as well.

Limbaugh talking her up to his 20 million listeners daily will be plenty good.

This will be a ground up effort the likes of which we haven’t seen before.

gary4205 on January 27, 2011 at 6:06 PM

Palin is battle tested, battle hardened, and totally unflappable.

The rest, not so much.

gary4205 on January 27, 2011 at 5:56 PM

gary4205:Combat Veteran!:)
=======================================================
January 21, 2011
Sarah Palin, Combat Veteran
******************************
By Stella Paul

As far as I’m concerned, we already have our first female combat soldier, a breathtakingly brave warrior who suffers the slings and arrows of outrageous misfortune for the sake of our freedom, every day.

Sarah Palin stands alone in America and the world. Name one other public figure anywhere on the globe today who symbolizes the uncompromising fight for liberty….Waiting…Waiting…
———————————-

canopfor on January 27, 2011 at 6:07 PM

JonPrichard on January 27, 2011 at 6:01 PM

None.

gary4205 on January 27, 2011 at 6:07 PM

January 21, 2011
Sarah Palin, Combat Veteran
******************************
By Stella Paul

———————————-

canopfor on January 27, 2011 at 6:07 PM

That’s a great piece.

gary4205 on January 27, 2011 at 6:08 PM

How very interesting! Palin now has an easy shot to win the nomination should she desire it or not go 3rd-party.

Dark-Star on January 27, 2011 at 6:10 PM